: i only have one problem with this answer and it is "Only in Challenger tier a close 50% WR is acceptable" the reason with this is that no one is born a challenger and everyone needs to get better but getting better means strugling in an elo to gain the knolidge you need to climb more, not everyone can be challenger u dumbo
Yes I know it sounds dumb, but I wanted to highlight that a little over 50% WR is nowhere enough if someone wants to rank up reliably. All these posts that tell ranked or matchmaking sucks are just crying at a nonexistant problem. Somehow people think they are supposed to climb when on average they are as bad/good (how you want to view it) as those bonobo Yis. They fail to see this probably due to the common human behavior where own flaws are ignored and out of question. Basic comment for a thread like OP would be "git gud", which is actually the only correct answer. Ranked won't feel bad and like a coinflip anymore when you are on the radar and know what you're doing. However, most people will never reach this state yet they believe they should rise in ELO.
: Ranked feels bad
Most people have a totally wrong set of mind when playing. First, realise that if you feel like games are a coinflip, it's because your skills are at a standard level for the ELO. Don't expect to win/climb if you have barely over 50% WR. Only in Challenger tier a close 50% WR is acceptable (but not inevitable). The next step is to achieve all that knowledge that will help you change your mind from "hope I don't get feeders" to "what should I do next in order to win this". If you aim at climbing, you should get really deep into game theory and actually play to win instead of fearing or just waiting for lucky streaks. Third, laugh at mistakes, both your own and the other players'. This makes the game much more enjoyable. If you know you're the best and nothing will stop you, you will have a lot of fun watching some occasional loss screens too.
BradBen (NA)
: Fix Matchmaking
In a perfect world where matchmaking would work 100% precisely, you would still get victorious allies in half of your games and underwhelming ones in the other half. Your own gameplay skills will then decide if your winrate goes above or below 50%, making you either rise or drop in ELO. The current system does exactly the same, so I'm not sure what people are complaining about. "Fixing" matchmaking won't make anyone magically climb the ranks all of the sudden.
ItsMurMur (EUNE)
: Smurfs In Every Single Game
First, that Elise was probably not a smurf at all. A diamond smurf wouldn't need 200 games just to reach gold2 unless he intentionally trolls. Use sites such as opgg to check stuff like that. Also if you claim there's at least one smurf in every game that would mean 1/10 of gold players are smurfs. Most likely not true. Friendly hint: If you really want to climb in ranked, I recommend you to do the following things: 1. Don't waste energy on tantruming about irrelevant things such as teammates or Riot's matchmaking. 2. Realize you are probably not as good player as you think. Noticing and accepting your own flaws is the first (and only) step to improvement. 3. Play to win. Many players only want to maximize their KDAs/Damage dealt and they believe those factors alone will make them win. No. After all, League of Legends is still a strategy game, where every little action and decision matters. Good players think what they should do next in order to win the game instead of just staring at the scoreboard. 4. Learn the game. Tip number 3 requires a change of mindset but also a lot of game knowledge. It's essential to understand concepts like META, wave management, priority and how each role, champion and matchup works. Before the game even begins, you should come up with an ingame plan based on your analysis. Once the match gets rolling, every move you do should have a valid reason why you commit it. There are some fine guides on Youtube you can have a look at, such as Skillcapped or Pro Guides. They might help you on this matter. 5. Take your time. No-one gets superior skills instantly. Practise with patience and maintain the correct mindset, and you will learn and get better for sure.
5050BS (NA)
: This is where I am. I get to S1 Promos and get stacked games with AFKers and feeder on my team. Lose Promos and then win some to get back in to Proms If I for some luck win Promos I then get 5+ games of complete trash and get Demoted. There is nothing I can do because I SoloQ What I need to do is Duo with a SMurf and get boosted out of this shit "Stuck State" and then my games "MAY" be better Matched. Brainless say "its you man 4/9 bla bla math that has no validity to Riots system" But when Im Warding and Pinging MIA and not feeding my lane and helping the Jungler in the River and Roaming and my team is NOT doing any of that and feeding its not me.
So you just admitted it yourself. If a smurf (aka better player) can win games for you, then why can't you do it yourself? Because lack of game skills.
5050BS (NA)
: Riots MMR system stacks games. It ether thinks you 1) Should be Falling 2) Should be Climbing 3) Should stay where you are (Hard stuck) It will stack games to make those happen If you are Hard Stuck you will get win/loss/win/loss/win/win/loss/loss and there is NOTHING you can do about it. You will be put on teams with Climbers to counter when you are put on teams with Fallers. Riot will stack a Climbers team with other Climbers and Hard stuck depending on how much RIot thinks they should climb. Faller teams will have other Fallers and Hard Stuck. This means that Games are for the most part out side of Luck already known what side will win. Luck or Tilt is the only thing that can throw a wrench in Riots stupid system. Those that are Hard Stuck have only 2 ways to get unstuck. 1) Get boosted 2) Cheat Riot cant really catch #1 because they are FINE with Smurfs and Duos By Duoing with a Smurf Riot see the Smurf as a Climber and you are always linked to the Climber so will also Climb. You get out of the Ping Pong of games. I hate this venomously because it Ruins what Rank is suppose to be. Skill
I will spam this comment at your face until you get that it's your own fault you have poor winrate and can't climb. You're hardstuck only because your skills are limited and belong in that silver tier. Friendly hint: If you really want to climb in ranked, I recommend you to do the following things: 1. Don't waste energy on tantruming about irrelevant things such as teammates or Riot's matchmaking. 2. Realize you are probably not as good player as you think. Noticing and accepting your own flaws is the first (and only) step to improvement. 3. Play to win. Many players only want to maximize their KDAs/Damage dealt and they believe those factors alone will make them win. No. After all, League of Legends is still a strategy game, where every little action and decision matters. Good players think what they should do next in order to win the game instead of just staring at the scoreboard. 4. Learn the game. Tip number 3 requires a change of mindset but also a lot of game knowledge. It's essential to understand concepts like META, wave management, priority and how each role, champion and matchup works. Before the game even begins, you should come up with an ingame plan based on your analysis. Once the match gets rolling, every move you do should have a valid reason why you commit it. There are some fine guides on Youtube you can have a look at, such as Skillcapped or Pro Guides. They might help you on this matter. 5. Take your time. No-one gets superior skills instantly. Practise with patience and maintain the correct mindset, and you will learn and get better for sure.
: Why is ranked LP and match making so broken?
If we look at your account on opgg we can clearly see why you are dropping: 47% WR. Riot is not trying to hinder anyone from climbing, do you think people just randomly hit Challenger tier? Skill expression exists and that is the only thing that separates players from each others. Friendly hint: If you really want to climb in ranked, I recommend you to do the following things: 1. Don't waste energy on tantruming about irrelevant things such as teammates or Riot's matchmaking. 2. Realize you are probably not as good player as you think. Noticing and accepting your own flaws is the first (and only) step to improvement. 3. Play to win. Many players only want to maximize their KDAs/Damage dealt and they believe those factors alone will make them win. No. After all, League of Legends is still a strategy game, where every little action and decision matters. Good players think what they should do next in order to win the game instead of just staring at the scoreboard. 4. Learn the game. Tip number 3 requires a change of mindset but also a lot of game knowledge. It's essential to understand concepts like META, wave management, priority and how each role, champion and matchup works. Before the game even begins, you should come up with an ingame plan based on your analysis. Once the match gets rolling, every move you do should have a valid reason why you commit it. There are some fine guides on Youtube you can have a look at, such as Skillcapped or Pro Guides. They might help you on this matter. 5. Take your time. No-one gets superior skills instantly. Practise with patience and maintain the correct mindset, and you will learn and get better for sure.
5050BS (NA)
: And yet Im constantly Promoting (with a HUGE struggle) and demoting at a drop of a hat because the MMing is such shit. Iv been playing Ranked for many years and S9 MMing is the worst I have seen. I know how S3-G4(5) players play and what Im getting on my teams is B5 players. There is no carrying them. Win/losing is out of my control. What I AM seeing is that when I push through to a promotion Riots MMing is LITERALLY stacking the enemy teams and my teams to Demote me. When my team has me and one other with Positive KDA and the other three are 2/15 there is something Wrong.
Friendly tip: If you really want to climb in ranked, I recommend you to do the following things: 1. Don't waste energy on tantruming about irrelevant things such as teammates or Riot's matchmaking. 2. Realize you are probably not as good player as you think. Noticing and accepting your own flaws is the first (and only) step to improvement. 3. Play to win. Many players only want to maximize their KDAs/Damage dealt and they believe those factors alone will make them win. No. After all, League of Legends is still a strategy game, where every little action and decision matters. Good players think what they should do next in order to win the game instead of just staring at the scoreboard. 4. Learn the game. Tip number 3 requires a change of mindset but also a lot of game knowledge. It's essential to understand concepts like META, wave management, priority and how each role, champion and matchup works. Before the game even begins, you should come up with an ingame plan based on your analysis. Once the match gets rolling, every move you do should have a valid reason why you commit it. There are some fine guides on Youtube you can have a look at, such as Skillcapped or Pro Guides. They might help you on this matter. 5. Take your time. No-one gets superior skills instantly. Practise with the correct mindset, and you will learn and get better for sure.
5050BS (NA)
: All Promos games had Elise Jungler on my team and all of then Trash.... Cant dodge Promos FFS
Friendly tip: If you really want to climb in ranked, I recommend you to do the following things: 1. Don't waste energy on tantruming about irrelevant things such as teammates or Riot's matchmaking. 2. Realize you are probably not as good player as you think. Noticing and accepting your own flaws is the first (and only) step to improvement. 3. Play to win. Many players only want to maximize their KDAs/Damage dealt and they believe those factors alone will make them win. No. After all, League of Legends is still a strategy game, where every little action and decision matters. Good players think what they should do next in order to win the game instead of just staring at the scoreboard. 4. Learn the game. Tip number 3 requires a change of mindset but also a lot of game knowledge. It's essential to understand concepts like META, wave management, priority and how each role, champion and matchup works. Before the game even begins, you should come up with an ingame plan based on your analysis. Once the match gets rolling, every move you do should have a valid reason why you commit it. There are some fine guides on Youtube you can have a look at, such as Skillcapped or Pro Guides. They might help you on this matter. 5. Take your time. No-one gets superior skills instantly. Practise with the correct mindset, and you will learn and get better for sure.
5050BS (NA)
: Thats the same thing the Rich say to the Poor. Just pull up your boost straps. The system is not stacked. Just work harder. They like you have no clue what it is like to be on the "Unlucky" side of things.
You just keep fooling yourself. There is no "curse of unluck" on your account. Any decent player could 1v9 and win almost every silver game purely alone. If you don't believe it then let a diamond+ player enter your account and see what happens (although it's illegal). Myself I indeed had 100% winrate through silver on this smurf's playthrough. Please don't even bother to reply with some "Riot locks older accounts to a rank" bullshit.
iWuTaylor (EUW)
: "riot doesn't trash games" LOL thanks for the laugh
Actually on average you are probably worse than those players, since you have overall 43% winrate (small sample size, but still) and have more deaths than kills on every champion. Matchmaking doesn't cause such statistics, it's just your own gameplay that fails badly. After all, we are talking about silver ranked and it doesn't take much to carry 1v9 there, unless you are an actual silver player (see my account for proof). Yes, this comment might sound a little mean, but I want people to open their eyes for the truth. In most cases, where someone is unhappy with matchmaking and blames it for losses, a quick research shows it's their own fault they're unable to climb.
: > [{quoted}](name=eunekid420,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pf5QPXQ4,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-05-25T10:52:18.703+0000) > > 100% skill based is true. The only constant factor in your matches is yourself. Everyone would normally have 50% winrate, but it's their own gameplay that makes it swing under or over 50%. > > It doesn't matter what role or champion you play, you wouldn't have 49% winrate if you deserved a higher rank. How hard can it be to accept very rational facts? You realize that LP gain is based on MMR right? And that if you start playing ranked on a fresh account and the system determines your MMR is higher than your rank, every win is like 30-40 LP (and you get to skip entire divisions/promos) and losses are like 3-6 LP . If you play a high-impact role like jungle, with a gank-heavy carry champion such as Hecarim, you're gonna be able to bypass awful teammates much easier than if someone were stuck supporting from the bot lane, or playing a mid-late game mage in this meta. So whenever I lose MMR because I couldn't carry as support, the LP gain/loss equalizes and you get stuck having to grind hundreds of games because you don't have the impact to just breeze through silver/gold.
You keep talking like the MMR you have is something you don't deserve. If you are stuck grinding hundreds of games with 49% WR you are just playing wrong and belong to the elo.
: > [{quoted}](name=eunekid420,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pf5QPXQ4,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-25T10:56:00.963+0000) > > Selecting strong/fitting picks is part of the game. > > Even so, I could boost your account with the champions you play too. Citation needed. Also I hope you realize how arrogant and snobby you come off as to everyone else.
No citation exists but if the purpose of ranked is to win, why not stick with the most optimal picks?
: > [{quoted}](name=eunekid420,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pf5QPXQ4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-25T10:16:22.603+0000) > > People on the boards are making it look like climbing in ranked is totally out of their control. > > It isn't, we have Challenger players with 60% winrates and then this OP with 49% in silver. Simply stated, ranked is 100% skill based. > > There are games that you can't win due to too heavy teammates, but if you play enough games the odds will even out so in the end only your own performance matters. > > With enough games I don't mean absurd amounts, like 1000 or more. Even 50-100 are enough to tell if you deserve your elo. The thing is, you don't have those radical 1/10 feeders every second game. Yeah, 50-100 games as a support main in silver is definitely enough to tell whether you belong there xD Oh wait, you main Hecarim and you're talking about how easy it is to climb.
Selecting strong/fitting picks is part of the game. Even so, I could boost your account with the champions you play too.
: > [{quoted}](name=eunekid420,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pf5QPXQ4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-25T10:16:22.603+0000) > Simply stated, ranked is 100% skill based. > ---- > There are games that you can't win due to too heavy teammates > Contradiction haha
100% skill based is true. The only constant factor in your matches is yourself. Everyone would normally have 50% winrate, but it's their own gameplay that makes it swing under or over 50%. It doesn't matter what role or champion you play, you wouldn't have 49% winrate if you deserved a higher rank. How hard can it be to accept very rational facts?
: Low Elo Ranked is not even a game anymore
People on the boards are making it look like climbing in ranked is totally out of their control. It isn't, we have Challenger players with 60% winrates and then this OP with 49% in silver. Simply stated, ranked is 100% skill based. There are games that you can't win due to too heavy teammates, but if you play enough games the odds will even out so in the end only your own performance matters. With enough games I don't mean absurd amounts, like 1000 or more. Even 50-100 are enough to tell if you deserve your elo. The thing is, you don't have those radical 1/10 feeders every second game.
: Low Elo Ranked is not even a game anymore
True silver player judging other silver players. Nice post. Maybe stop being stuck in your elo so things won't just happen.
: Smurfs are also having a hard time climbing too. It's not you it's just the matchmaking system. SOMETIMES it is us but most of the time it's the matchmaking system.
So false, only bad "smurfs" don't climb fast. I've been smurfing on 3 accounts now and in each of them I have run through silver and gold in just a few games with confident 80-90% WR. When I was silver I was already matched against platinums and in gold versus diamonds, so the matchmaking is doing its job correctly too.
: > [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Atqw9dqF,comment-id=001d,timestamp=2019-05-11T19:54:56.837+0000) > > A long running adage in professional sports is more games are lost than they are won. > > That said I don't really get the point of this post. There's nothing riot can really do about a player who's having a brain fart in one game. They can't really predict if you are going to have a good or bad game ahead of time. Some players going to be very extreme in their swings, which is another thing riot can't do anything about. > > Not sure what the OP wants. I've made several posts about methods of calculating individual skill into the ELO/LP system. Its strange that everyone agrees League sucks in this area yet nobody ever pushes for changes.... maybe we are all just addicted to the mind-numbing solo-queue grind at this point. It seems like an abusive relationship if you ask me
Individual skill that isn't connected with winrate would never work. If you lose 10 games due to "unluck" but performed well in all of them, should you lose less LP? Then you win 7 games and easily exceed the lost LP because you won and on top of that played well too. Are you supposed to climb with below 50% winrate now? Or if you do poorly in a game but win should you be rewarded with less LP to balance it out? Such a system would never ever make any sense. Let's be real here: our current one does its job just right. If you have good winrate, you have shown you are better than your elo's standard and will have positive LP gains. Therefore you are already less punished for occasional losses.
: > [{quoted}](name=eunekid420,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Atqw9dqF,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-05-11T19:34:46.605+0000) > > They are carriable, but if you belong to the same elo as that one "trashbag" of course you can't do it. Having around 50% WR in any elo means you just totally rely on team's performance. Everyone relies on the team's performance. If you put DOPA or Faker in Iron 4, they would still not have a 100% win ratio. By the same token, if you put a diamond player in bronze, they wouldn't have a 100% win ratio either. Where it becomes even worse is when you take a plat player and put them in silver, or gold player in silver, where you may be consistently better than the other players, but the matchmaking system is so inefficient that the grind becomes torture and the win rate hovers 50% regardless of how you play.
Why on earth would the matchmaking ALWAYS TRY TO PULL PLAYERS DOWN? If that platinum smurf has 50% WR in silver, HE DESERVES SILVER. That's how ranked works. I self have encountered absolutely no problems while smurfing, on this account I just rushed through silver in 10 games after provisionals and currently doing the same on Russia server.
: I agree with this, games are no longer carriable by 1 person but rather throwable by 1 person. It's kind of sad...
They are carriable, but if you belong to the same elo as that one "trashbag" of course you can't do it. Having around 50% WR in any elo means you just totally rely on team's performance.
rawiazam1 (EUNE)
: in addition to team preformance, the ranked system should also consider personal performace. someone who is better than his rank but has a bad luck with teammates. it is very likely that by taking personal performace into play, you can solve this issue of "bad luck". also, personal performance isn't only kda, it's also gold gained/ turrets destroyed/ farm/ shutddowns/ heals/ damage dealt/ damage tanekd etc etc...
If your personal performance is above your teammates/enemy, you should naturally win more than them and climb, no? So IMO It is already rewarded and the League ranked system is based on that. There is no other way than comparing winrates to tell if one is better than others, because after all skill in LoL means **knowledge how to win games**. Call it boring but if you want to achieve maximal win potential you should not only have a great understanding of the game but also follow the META roster.
youthere (NA)
: Why is smurfing a thing that's okay?
Come on, you are low division bronze and you claim there's a smurf involved in every other game. However, most smurfs, especially high elo ones, do not even land in that tier after their provisional games. You are just lying and making up things, the amount of smurfs in bronze is almost nonexistent. Even in other elos there aren't that many smurfs than people like to think. Smurfs do exist, but they aren't the reason why some players do not climb.
5050BS (NA)
: 100% That is a smurf account. Take an account that is 8 years old and try and climb with it. Older accounts cant "improve" with the way Riot does MMR
> [{quoted}](name=XXXMurderPenguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5pAKUHaN,comment-id=0003000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-08T22:48:13.112+0000) > > 100% > > That is a smurf account. Take an account that is 8 years old and try and climb with it. What's your point? Account's age doesn't matter, only MMR does. If you end a season with garbage MMR it will carry on to the next one. Even so, it is fixable: just keep winning and show the system you have improved. On my main account I was silver s4, then diamond s5, master s6-7, challenger from s8... So your theory about MMR doesn't apply.
5050BS (NA)
: Countless accounts show differently.
> [{quoted}](name=XXXMurderPenguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5pAKUHaN,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-05-08T20:30:38.069+0000) > > Countless accounts show differently. https://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=eunekid420 Look my smurf account, I made it through silver to platinum just like that, in a few games. Do you still stubbornly believe you're ultra hardstuck in silver due to arranged matchmaking? Can't you simply accept it's your own gameplay which is the reason you can't climb? The system isn't trying to trash you. Good players will rise the ladder, bad one's won't. You're staying in silver as long as it represents your real elo. Face it.
: its too easy to demote tier and get your mmr fucked
There are no rigged or forced factors that hold you back. You have already over 800 ranked games played and sub 50% winrate this season. That's an insanely large sample size to confirm you have deserved your current low MMR. Your last 60 games also average a winrate of 45%, which means you haven't shown improvement either. I suggest instead of just mindlessly spamming more matches you should figure out how to achieve wins and maybe you can reach that platinum.
: No. The current system is not putting you into even games. The system takes people who are silver and matches them against people who are plat. That is far from an even game.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x7VFmEy7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-05T09:03:42.628+0000) > > No. The current system is not putting you into even games. > > The system takes people who are silver and matches them against people who are plat. That is far from an even game. I believe that happens in normal queue since anyone can go premade without restricts, but in ranked? If it happened in ranked it would mean the silver player is a smurf with high WR and MMR or the platinum player has really low WR and MMR. If that's not the case, please show the proof.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=eunekid420,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ioglAQOF,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-05-04T09:53:37.316+0000) > > People like you are just bullshitting yourself. Ranked doesn't suck, it's only you who suck. Riot doesn't care how bad the majority of the playerbase is. > > 400 games, 51% WR, g4 = hardstuck. Nothing is wrong with the game, the only answer is to start playing better. At least stop with the excuses, they won't help in climbing. > > Matchmaking on the other hand isn't perfect, but it isn't nearly as broken as many think it is. I checked your match history, couldn't find errors in MMR. That one game where there is a s4 Nasus vs g4 Irelia wasn't unfair either. Irelia player has 34% winrate so her MMR must be very low. The problems with matchmaking are more present the higher in elo you go. Below high diamond they are very minimal. Huh. An entitled sub-diamond player who thinks all criticism is invalid just because he's able to reach mid-high elo and that means the game is certainly not flawed in any way. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
> [{quoted}](name=I Touch Kidds,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ioglAQOF,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2019-05-04T10:01:39.617+0000) > > Huh. An entitled sub-diamond player who thinks all criticism is invalid just because he's able to reach mid-high elo and that means the game is certainly not flawed in any way. > > {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}} When concerning ranked and matchmaking, there are no big things Riot should fix. I have 80% WR (Challenger smurf btw) and just rushed through silver to platinum in a small amount of games. So climbing clearly isn't impossible or based on luck. The simple truth is that OP and others who whine lack skills in this game, making them unable to climb. That is all. They don't deserve a better rank, but by judging these posts they somehow think they do.
: Riot doesn't care
People like you are just bullshitting yourself. Ranked doesn't suck, it's only you who suck. Riot doesn't care how bad the majority of the playerbase is. 400 games, 51% WR, g4 = hardstuck. Nothing is wrong with the game, the only answer is to start playing better. At least stop with the excuses, they won't help in climbing. Matchmaking on the other hand isn't perfect, but it isn't nearly as broken as many think it is. I checked your match history, couldn't find errors in MMR. That one game where there is a s4 Nasus vs g4 Irelia wasn't unfair either. Irelia player has 34% winrate so her MMR must be very low. The problems with matchmaking are more present the higher in elo you go. Below high diamond they are very minimal.
: Play your lane well and still lose...
Why would you make a big number of low level normal games?
: SMURFS
That game where the 45% WR low plat elo "smurf" stomped you was a normal game. Don't expect those matches to be anywhere balanced, since he might have been premade with someone. In ranked the situation isn't even that bad, out of my 50~ games I've encountered only 2-3 other smurfs excluding me. So if it happens like 5 out of 100 times you still have 95 totally fair games. Also chances that the smurf is either on your or enemy team are equal so in the end smurfs should have no crucial effect in your rank.
: How Many Games one Player should troll to get banned?
It requires 1 game if it's obvious enough, like someone has a KDA of 0/25/0. However typing "I don't give a f" and being 2/10/9 doesn't essentially proof that they're trolling. In fact a straight "I'm trolling/inting" doesn't do the trick either since sometimes people who just do a mistake type that phrase. Also I think Riot's bot banner can't recognize ranks and treats everone as players only so it's a bit harder to separate Iron 4 players from trolls.
: > [{quoted}](name=eunekid420,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aQ2rsGnj,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-04-28T18:33:05.596+0000) > > ..Removed by Moderation.. I find it funny how players say yea, you say that you killed all the camps, but you must not have done it right cause your silver. Makes sense
> [{quoted}](name=OlympusSworn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aQ2rsGnj,comment-id=0004000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-28T21:22:54.198+0000) > > I find it funny how players say yea, you say that you killed all the camps, but you must not have done it right cause your silver. Makes sense In addition to selecting a path, there are several other things to take in account when clearing the jungle: 1. Ability/resource management. Do you want to waste mana to kill the camp a little faster but run out of mana soon after? Do you need that long cd spell to clear the camp or save it for the gank? 2. Pulling the camp. Between autoattacks, you should cycle back and forth from the camp to minimize the damage you take from monsters and wait off cooldowns. 3. Effective clear. You can put the pull indicator to its limit and finish the camp with a spell while already walking away. This saves time. Also with some champions you can clear two camps such as blue and gromp at the same time. 4. Smite usage. Save it to contest an early scuttler or need it elsewhere? Use chilling smite during a gank and risk losing a dragon later? 5. General knowledge. Rift Scuttler loses its resists when hit by hard CC. Hit Herald in the eye from behind for more damage. Pull dragon out of the pit so it's harder to steal. Don't stay behind Baron or you die faster. The list could go on. As you see, killing camps isn't as simple as just "killing camps". With all the other decisionmaking related to jungling it requires a lot of brainwork to jungle correctly. And I doubt silvers know/execute every action I mentioned.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Ambitious Minnow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aQ2rsGnj,comment-id=000100010002,timestamp=2019-04-28T20:52:05.728+0000) > > ..Removed by Moderation.. What has numbers to do with anything? In terms of power jungle is still the role with the biggest impact. That hasn't changed at all and probably won't. Nowdays it just takes more adaptability to jungle effectively.
: I find it funny that you try to rank shame, yet you are on what seems to be clearly a bought or boosted account, since you've played for only 1 season and only have 3 games of co-op vs AI 3v3s with heal-tp, yet you somehow, SOMEHOW, hit plat 1 with an astonishing 80% w/r in season 9. So either you're hiding your name behind a smurf because you're a coward, or you aren't some "wise" high elo sage. Most real high-ranks don't flex on the boards, if they say something smart it actually holds real weight lmao.
> [{quoted}](name=AetherArising,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aQ2rsGnj,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2019-04-28T19:43:26.742+0000) > > I find it funny that you try to rank shame, yet you are on what seems to be clearly a bought or boosted account, since you've played for only 1 season and only have 3 games of co-op vs AI 3v3s with heal-tp, yet you somehow, SOMEHOW, hit plat 1 with an astonishing 80% w/r in season 9. > > So either you're hiding your name behind a smurf because you're a coward, or you aren't some "wise" high elo sage. Most real high-ranks don't flex on the boards, if they say something smart it actually holds real weight lmao. I have a total of 4 accounts on the servers EUW, EUNE and Russia. One is under leveling to 30 so I spend my time there but still complete daily first win of the day mission on my other accounts. The fastest way to do this is by playing TT Intermediate bots. I plan conquering all European Challenger tiers. The point of smurfing is to retain anonymity by the way.
Kr1sys (NA)
: Why are promos even a thing in ranked?
Over the years, Riot has made climbing easier than ever. You have promo helpers, no decay until diamond, role selection, remake possibility and so on... but yet people cry! It's simple, if you have the skills you will climb, otherwise no. That's literally all there is to it. Ignore occasional unlucky matches where you have trolls or afkers. Be realistic, they aren't happening all the time.
BigFBear (EUW)
: To everyone who says there's no elo hell and matchmaking is fine:
Think about this: For every "forced loss" there is a "forced win" too. Does this mean Riot actively helps half of the players to climb while holding the other half back? Or is it fairly shared so everyone gets a forced loss after a forced win and this keeps repeating forever. That makes more sense. But then everyone should have 50% winrate and no-one could climb. Wait a second! We have players in Iron tier, Challenger and all those tiers between them. WTF? How can someone have 50% WR and be Iron and someone else is Challenger with the same winrate? The mystery goes deeper... Maybe the answer is that everyone has 50% WR but LP gains are unequal! That's it!!! I SOLVED THE SECRET!!!!! Players get randomly preselected stable LP gains when they start ranked and those who are very lucky and play thousands of games can only reach Challenger! The unluckiest ones have negative gains and will drop to Iron no matter what since the rigged matchmaking won't let anyone win more than 50%. Heureka! There, I proved it's all luck. But all this time we've been accusing the wrong mark. At least the matchmaking treaths everyone equally. But the LP lottery machine doesn't!!! Logic of the boards is never wrong, now fix LP gains! Give everyone equal chances to climb!!! Riot delivers and fixes. Result: All players have 50% WR, same LP gains and are stuck in gold for eternity. Yet, they are happier than ever, since the evil lottery machine got nullified and League was saved. People enjoyed the game until they died. Illuminati not confirmed. End of story.
: my 1-10 adc last game i played flamed me for having a 46% win rate Its because i constantly get people like them on my team
> [{quoted}](name=ÈvilMorty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pIEMPjJu,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-04-25T21:27:10.223+0000) > Its because i constantly get people like them on my team Of course. How original. This mindset is the source of all this crying about matchmaking. Do people ever consider that on average they indeed might be as bad as those 0-10 adcs? Not scorewise, but skillwise.
: Found the Riot stan guys.
Talking sense on the boards is not allowed. Ok. Here we go: I got 80% WR on this smurf by pure luck, I don't even deserve it. I should be stuck in low silver since I feed nonstop but Riot always matches Einsteins on my side while enemy team has crater brains. I get hard carried every game, can't believe how fucking rigged matchmaking is. I deserve more losses but this r%%%%%ed system won't let me!!! FIX ASAP!!! Give me upvotes now.
5050BS (NA)
: Riot system is a feedback loop that makes it so once you are going down you CAN NOT go up. MMR is low so you get shit on your team so you lose more games making your MMR lower so you get more shit on your teams making you lose more making your MMR lower. It really is a bad system.
XXXMurderPenguin, If you let someone better than you play on your account you would climb just like that and thus proof your statement false. Can't you just admit you are as unskilled as other silvers? You've been in that elo for three seasons now and have over 400 games there this year. In the long run, no-one else than you self prevent you from climbing. But nah, ignore the truth and keep blaming matchmaking or whatever you want just like others do.
: I just love the mental gymnastics people go through to justify this bullshit. The matchmaking is a joke and the Riot stans just can't get that through their heads.
How is it a joke? Go look OP's match history. You won't find rigged matchmaking there. It's equally skilled players on both sides (unranked ones are gold or plat s8). If OP really was a diamond smurf then it should only be unfair towards his enemies. See how this contradicts the whole post? Or does Riot flag tilted/trolling players and intentionally put them EXACTLY IN YOUR games just to stop you from climbing? Unless Riot sabotages and manuscripts games on purpose, there is nothing they can do to "fix" the matchmaking.
Raiyza (NA)
: No, game knowledge is a worse problem. A shitty attitude doesn't mean you all of a sudden forget how the map works. A shitty attitude is certainly a factor, but game knowledge (when to shove a lane/rotate/go for objectives/etc.) is a far worse problem. Players just don't have enough to carry a game.
This applies to your teammates but enemies aswell. When they are "stomping" they still can't effectively end games. So as a smurf, you should have great chances to comeback. This fact alone makes me not believe these posts where people say they're stuck because elohell while smurfing.
BigFBear (EUW)
: To everyone who says there's no elo hell and matchmaking is fine:
When people smurf their MMR quickly rises above their rank so they are matched with one tier higher players. In your case you have low winrate and low MMR too so the system doesn't consider you as a smurf. If you are smurfing, you are not doing it correctly. After all, your allies and enemies are both only gold tier players who lack macro and awareness so you as a smurf should have the highest impact on deciding how games go. Picking Volibear might put you at a disadvantage and decrease carry potential but I find it hard to believe that you are stuck in gold for real due to poor matchmaking. Either you are not trying as hard as on your main or you are the unluckiest smurf ever. On a side note I want to point out you ended in platinum S8 (I'm on phone, can't see what division). Are you sure you weren't boosted to diamond (or higher) by broken LP gains early this season like a lot of other people? If true, this would mean your actual skill level would be closer to platinum and that's why smurfing feels harder than it should be.
: I am Iron 4 0 lp but my GF is in grandmaster
WTH you have 13% WR (21 W - 143 L) :D Are you trolling or are you legit one of the worst players ever to exist? (This is a serious question)
: you know your on a forced losing streak when
Bronze 2. Over 650 games. Winrate 47%. "Forced loss streaks" xd People are so dumb.
: Mid-silver matchmaking
When do players who want to climb realise LoL isn't rocket science and the easiest way to achieve a higher rank is by focusing on your own gameplay and improve that instead of making up false conspiracy theories about matchmaking? Large majority of players who make posts like OP are silver. Believe me, not even Master+ tier looks respectable right now, but being stuck in silver is just pitiful. It means you are totally trash. I'm so fed up with people crying over their teammates, when in fact they are just as garbage. It is possible to reach high diamond by playing 1v9 and still be quite incompetent at the game. Therefore the effort you need to solo carry in silver is nonexistent. Yes, this was meant to be offensive so you would wake up and accept that if you are stuck in silver you should only blame yourself. What I said above is the truth no matter how many downvotes this gets. Because it's silvers who downvote it since they want to hide rational facts.
: Mid-silver matchmaking
Those "substantially worse" players have the same 50% winrate as you self do. On average you are as skilled player as they are. Now you just need to improve yourself to have more impact and carry potential. Simplified: Get better if you want to climb. Applies to all similar posts. Mystery solved.
5050BS (NA)
: Yep My belief is that after about 300 (just a number) games Riot "locks" you to a Rank and will hard stack games to make you stay there. The only way to unlock is to win like 80% of your games and then Riot will relock you to the next rank. So once Riot think it knows where IT thinks you should be, it will not let you climb and it does this by stacking games. Instead of always matching teams with similar players and letting players rise and fall at a natural and faster rate.
What kind of logic is this? If you don't climb anywhere during 300 games it definitely means you are at the right deserved elo. No manual sabotage by Riot needed there.
: In what circumstances do you decide to go Cinder hulk vs Warrior on hecarim? It looks like you always buy your full jungle item after you finished your Trinity force & boots? Do you take into count your team comp or does it just matter on how much damage you are taking during fights? I need to expand my champ pool a little bit and would really appreciate it if you gave me some pointers :)
> [{quoted}](name=ShirleyfG,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARYcEyEp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-16T11:32:22.424+0000) > > In what circumstances do you decide to go Cinder hulk vs Warrior on hecarim? > It looks like you always buy your full jungle item after you finished your Trinity force & boots? > Do you take into count your team comp or does it just matter on how much damage you are taking during fights? > > I need to expand my champ pool a little bit and would really appreciate it if you gave me some pointers :) I don't know what I'm doing I buy random items, walk around the map and have just lucky teammates who carry me every game :DDD Haa get trolled
Show more

eunekid420

Level 45 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion