ZimZim (EUW)
: Perma Banned, Bottom 0.006% Self Pity Post. My Chain Of Thoughts, Looking for Criticism and Help.
have you ever tried breathing exercises? i find that they help me a great deal when you get angry or your start getting overwhelmed, just start breathing deeply; focus on your breath. at first it will be hard because of all the toughts entering your head but dont stop, just breathe and focus on your breathing; think about it, try to find words to describe your breathing and feel every breath; do it until all you are thinking about is your breathing(and that might take several minutes or up to half an hour or more until you get used to the exercises), and then continue with what you were doing, but slowly, if you find yourself getting angry just repeat the exercise until you stop being angry
LaceUpXX (NA)
: Rito team: Any plans on a Fiddlesticks rework
theres a poll for the next champ to be reworked and fiddle is in it, so hop on there and vote
: Who do you want to see played support?
jhin, strong laner and later you facilitate picks with w and ult while slowing people coming at you with traps
: We want a dog champion
soaz disapproves
Ilovemobas (EUNE)
: Most toxic elo in ranked?
well ive never been above plat, and havent been lower than silver in like 5 years but in my experience bronze is like a different land where even if people are toxic they are kinda funny and most games are pretty ok, silver is tolerably bad with toxicity, gold is the best elo with the nicest people and plat is fucking hell on earth
: Bored with coin flip burst games. Give me some offmeta support suggestions.
{{champion:202}} use your long range catch with ult and w. also a strong laner {{champion:10}} works pretty well as an enchanter {{champion:22}} poke with w and use ult for catching people out {{champion:59}} aery procs on allies off his flag, good poke, can frontline {{champion:68}} can do a lot of damage with not a lot of items {{champion:516}} you can upgrade your supp item without backing with futures market and his passive, get crazy fast last support item upgrade and you cannot be pushed out of lane (at that point you have 8 health regen per second), ult for initiation
: LOL. Riot deleted an ARAM thread with 300+ upvotes in an attempt to silence negative feedback.
Im going to speak from experience moderating some other forums and the things and problems I ran into. You guys really need to show a united front on these things, the worst thing you can show people is that there are disagreements between you (even if there are), because you will show people that they cant expect consistency from your judgements and will also make it easier for them to undermine you. I would advise you, before any mod posts anything for the first time in a thread like this, that you first have a round table behind the courtains and decide what your approach to the thread will be. If someone doesnt like that approach, the best thing he can do is stay silent and not undermine the other mods. Also that approach can be anything, damage control, justification, apology, explanation but for the love of god keep it consistent. You shouldnt get into protracted arguments with people and make it seem personal, if people see you getting defensive they will immediately dissmiss what you have to say; just say what you have to say and perhaps offer a bit of explanation. You also show us a lot of things that users shouldnt see, while not showing us things we should see. For example you show us your inner disagreements which makes you look weak as a team to the users, which will most definitely prey on that; while not talking about new rules that are apparently coming out until the umpteenth post in this thread. Also you should get rid of some very unclear/vague rules like the low effort one, or make them clearer. No one understands the criteria for those rules unless they get a mod to explain it to them, and even then it depends on which mod explained it to them, and the rule itself is so vague that it mostly sounds like a get out of jail free card for when you deleted something that maybe you shouldnt have. Im telling you these things to make it more enjoyable for users to interact with and more importantly, much easier on yourselves. TLDR-be consistent,be united, be clear
: I kinda need your discord id for that XD. Mine is Rubymint#5962
weird i cant find you, anyways mine is glava222#9227
: Sure I can do that :)
ok send a friend invite, the name is the same on disc, i just hope our time zones arent totally incompatible XD
: Thanks, I actually didn't know Zed appears behind you, or I wasn't paying enough attention to know if he did since he's usually back out from underneath the tower by the time his mark activates. As for my runes I could change them around for that type of matchup, since arcane comet seems to not do too much aside from being a low damage attack that is normally easy to avoid. I have not played Soraka mid before but thanks for the tips for how to deal with them if I do decide to play her in that lane.
If you want to talk about these things more you can add me on discord, also dont be afraid to try out ranked, it will just put you with people of your skill so you dont have to worry about being outclassed
: Why cant I improve my skills
i hope i can provide some help in assasin matchups. Ill split this post into several parts Part 1: itemizing against assasins in lane. if you dont feel playing against assasins as a mage you should start with dorans ring and 2 pots. that will get you some health to survive an all in, some ap and some mana regen. At your first back you should pick up another ring and a resist item (cloth armor or null magic depending on the opponent). You want that flat resist armor because your opponent will probably build some flat pen, and a resist item greatly mitigates that(remember that at low resist counts both pen and getting more resist are more useful). then it varies according to the type of the opponent you are facing. Against Ad assasins you want to finish your armguard, but dont go for the zhonyas, since armguard already gives you survivability. If you feel you need more survivability go for RoA(both swain and ASol use this great), if you dont get your first mana/cdr item, then continue building normally until you feel you need to finish the zhonya. Against APs you can either start building RoA if you are scared, or finish merc treads and your mana/cdr item if you arent. You need to know that with this build you will come online later than usual, but the point is to outscale the assasin anyways. TLDR: 2 dorans and resist items are a good buildup vs assasins Part 2: laning against assasins. There are several things to remember when laning vs assasins so here i will give some tips in no particular order to remember. First off, dont stand near your minions when you cs/harrass, because assasins have want to hit both you and minions with abilities so they can kill you without being showed in. Always stand a bit to the side of your minions, since for example then zed will have to use his shadow and shuriken to clear the wave OR hurt you, but he cant do both, similair with kata daggers and talon w. the second thing is to know the assasins kill pattern. for example you know zed ult will make him appear behind you, same with shunpo, fizz e will jump right on top of you, and talon will q right in your face. Use that knowledge to quickly disable them with a veigar baby cage, swain claw, ASol ulty or raka equinox. The second thing to know is to realize that assasins actually have two engage ranges: the full damage one and a reduced damage one. the reduced damage range is a range where an assasin can all in you, but he uses his damage tools to close the range. For example if a zed has to use his shadow to get in range to ult you, or if fizz has to use his e into q to start a fight, or if talon cant q from close range. At that range they certainly cant kill you from full health, but watch out if you are lower and use your range advantage accordingly. The third and related thing is to count assasin cooldowns. You should count their cooldowns to see when you can safely farm and harrass. The fourth and hardest thing to learn is when to stand your ground. There are cases when you can actually turn an all in around. If you are full health and they arent and they try to all in you, if you think you can kill them dont start running, because you will lose the trade if you just run and let them hit you. Several of the champs you play are also actually quite good at standing their ground in some cases, for example if you are soraka and they are all inning you on your equinox, they cant actually do much. also to note Swain,ASol and veigar can take aftershock and greatly reduce burst from assasins, just think about it
: i haven't seen the show but i have heard of it and it is kinda amusing.
i havent actually watched the show either, i just put on the audio montage while im playing haha
: how to stay calm while playing league of legends
i do the opposite, i just put on a video compilation of gordon ramsay hells kitchen highlights screaming at people and laugh, since its basically the same thing that my team yells, only funny and not depressing
: Support champ pool for season 9
in cases where people want to narrow their supp champion pools i always recommend morgana; she has a varied toolbox which can be easily used both offensively and defensively, has no horrible matchups while hard countering several other supports, and can pick between a mage and a slightly beefier build. id say she is very versatile and can slot into most teams, also her q feels so rewarding to hit, and most of the time you arent that punished if you miss it, you have tools to protect your adc while also having the tools for quite a lot of aggresion if you play it right.
: Thank you for the tips on the bushes. I tend to stay out of them when I'm playing but perhaps I could learn to utilize them more. When I'm in lane with my adc at the crossroads to the river I tend to hang out/mill about the center of the lane slightly more towards the river side. That way I keep an eye out for ganks coming from the river as I usually ward the bush at the entrance right there.
> [{quoted}](name=DoricLife,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=afcd8ArJ,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-20T16:41:40.834+0000) > > Thank you for the tips on the bushes. I tend to stay out of them when I'm playing but perhaps I could learn to utilize them more. When I'm in lane with my adc at the crossroads to the river I tend to hang out/mill about the center of the lane slightly more towards the river side. That way I keep an eye out for ganks coming from the river as I usually ward the bush at the entrance right there. if you want add me on discord, you can send me some games so we can go over them
: Break my "bot" habit :p
i'd say the best support to start out with is morgana. she is decently safe with her black shield, she has a safe pick tool with her q where you dont get heavily punished for missing it but get rather well rewarded for hitting it, she has an easy way to proc spellthief with w. she also has no horrendously bad matchups bot, and has some really good matchups. as for laning itself, the most important factor of support is space control, and especially bush control, so the important thing to do is to ward their bush if you at all canand punish them when they try to enter their bush, with skillshots or cc, you must also note if your bush has been warded and predict their abilities accordingly. one great trick if they dont have your bush warded is to enter your bush and when you are just getting to the two third mark of the bush, turn around for a second and then come back, that will save you from a lot of enemy skillshots. also the two third mark of the enemy bush is where you should put your damage abilities when you dont have vision of their bush. also when you are in your bush dont stand still but constantly juke so you can dodge the blind harrass and try to stay out of vision as much as you can, so you keep your enemies on their toes. with all that in mind, you will need to grind out a lot of games to get the hang of ranges of different abilities. it might even pay off to put down a practice dummy in practice mode and see from where you can hit them with various abilities from various supports so you can see where you can be safe when they are throwing those same abilites your way, since people learn to play against different champs better when they have played them at least a little to see in which areas they are weak
: Tahm main: help me support better
i forgot to mention that approach velocity is great on tahm, both to get to people you want to save, and to get to people you q-ed
: Tahm main: help me support better
i'd say righteous glory is a trap item on tahm, since you dont want to be going out of your way to eat enemies. The only time you should be trying to eat an opponent is when you can auto them once without using q so you can quickly aa-q-aa them and then eat them, and even then only if you dont need to save a teammate.I usually find that if i go out of my way to eat an enemy i am too slow to make it in and get cc-ed,so i accomplish nothing while an ally is being killed.even if i teach the enemy i usually waste too much time on that and dont really contribute much. I would recommend a build that looks something like {{item:3401}} {{item:3109}} {{item:3009}} {{item:3190}} {{item:3193}} and a tank item that you choose based on the circumstances. the stoneplate synergizes well with your e so you can lose almost all of your stoneplate health and then shield for that much. the others are protective items that help you save your team. i find {{item:3742}} to be great on tahm since you can get to people to save them easier, as well as slow enemies you want to devour so you make it easier on yourself. if you are going to be play pure peel you probably dont want to aa people to keep the ms as for some gameplay tips: you should only use your e shield if you think you are going to die if you dont, since you lose the grey health; you should also consider how low to get it before popping it. in lane you should use it earlier against hard cc opponents since if you wait too long they will stun you and you will die without popping it at all, while in team fights you can probably hold off a bit longer since people probably wont go out of their way to cc a support. Watch your positioning. you need to stand as close to the most important/squishiest carry on the team as possible without being cced with them, so if the enemy has for example annie, you need to stand just outside of tibbers radius. you can use your ult for cutting off your opponents avenue of escape, but you should think whether you are tanky enough to block them. also bringing a darius in the middle of a temfight can be pretty nice.another great use for the ultimate is getting a good back with your adc. for example when both carries have B.F. gold and are a bit low on health from occasional trades you can go for a fast back and then ult back to lane with your adc to secure lane initiative. you have to make sure to communicate with your adc about this. you can also use your ult as a pseudo-w if you are ganked. just plop it somewhere safe and let the person you are saving jump in. watch out, people tend to not think about this so you need to make people on your team aware of the possibility at game start. also dont do this if you can be stunned. the important thing to note is that when you w someone you can save their flash by flashing yourself so you use only 1 flash instead of 2. also try to swallow people early vs heavy dot usere like malza since they can still die inside of you, and be mindful of ignite
: Help wanted and willing to give.
if you intend to make a discord channel or something similair i would love to be a part of it, though i cant really play with you due to different zones. I really like the idea of people just casually exchanging ideas and advice without someone just yelling that whatever it is you are trying to do sucks :D
Ukon3 (NA)
: ambient gold reduction across the board and adding back some of that to support items to compensate for a change that would disproportionately affect them to a net neutral in terms of their power.
> [{quoted}](name=Ukon3,realm=NA,application-id=ELUpwER8,discussion-id=wEpgeLPR,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T23:02:20.983+0000) > > ambient gold reduction across the board and adding back some of that to support items to compensate for a change that would disproportionately affect them to a net neutral in terms of their power. and by net neutral you mean slightly weaker than before, as everyone else?
Ukon3 (NA)
: I'm gonna take these from last to first: 3. This point is wrong because nerfing gp10 disproportionately nerfs supports because gp10 is a higher percentage of their income. adding back the gp10 to the item _that they lost disproportionately_, not the total amount reduced across the board, makes the change a net neutral, not nerfing everything but support. both points 1 and 2 are answered by a comment i recently posted and will expand on further in a little bit as an edit to this comment. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-plus/wEpgeLPR-passive-gold-generation?comment=00030000000000000000000000000001
> [{quoted}](name=Ukon3,realm=NA,application-id=ELUpwER8,discussion-id=wEpgeLPR,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:28:21.011+0000) > > I'm gonna take these from last to first: > 3. This point is wrong because nerfing gp10 disproportionately nerfs supports because gp10 is a higher percentage of their income. adding back the gp10 to the item _that they lost disproportionately_, not the total amount reduced across the board, makes the change a net neutral, not nerfing everything but support. > > both points 1 and 2 are answered by a comment i recently posted and will expand on further in a little bit as an edit to this comment. > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-plus/wEpgeLPR-passive-gold-generation?comment=00030000000000000000000000000001 wait, are you talking about gold per 10 items or ambient gold?
Ukon3 (NA)
: Passive gold generation
while i can understand what you are trying to say, i think that you forgot some other points. 1. Better play is not rewarded solely with a gold difference. If a player is winning their matchup for example in the mid lane and managed to take a tower, he didnt only get the gold for that tower, he also got the ability to ward the enemy jungle, the freedom to move through said jungle, priority when it comes to controlling the waves among other teams. Everybody has that one game where teams are even in gold but one team has a massive tempo advantage, which makes it almost impossible for the other team to do anything. 2. Only proactive play is considered good play. I would say its as much of a skill to not get murdered in a horrible matchup as it is to win in an even matchup, and some scaling champions' lane basically is:"survive somehow till i accrue some gold from passive sources and whatever cs i can scrounge up". In this case getting the passive gold gen for a longer period of time without losing the game is one of the objectives. Basically your objective is to try to not lose tower for longer so you get more gold. Here you would say that they both get equal gold, and that is true. But that gold isn't worth the same on both champions. 3. The impact of these changes on supports isnt well tought out. Its actually very hard to make this idea a power neutral thing for supports. You either cut the gold for everyone with no compensation, which would destroy supports since they get almost no gold now, or you would compensate supports with extra g10 on items which basically means you nerfed everyone but supports, which in the relative world of game balance means you severly buffed supports. I didnt exactly go deep into details with this but these are just some quick toughts on this topic
: Please, do something for Lux support.
i would invite anyone that has problems with zyra support to try playing j4, his auto with passive oneshots the plants and if you max flag you can outpoke her with spellthief aery into building tank, as for the other mage supports xerath pretty much fists them all due to his superior range
Reimυ (EUNE)
: I think Lee Sin's Q needs even more damage
you are talking about lee when we should be nerfing lucian, he did 282 damage with literally nothing
Saibbo (EUW)
: You're right the 1000 player which some of them are from LCS and challenger series are so more important than the 1M players below them. I guess you need to be the 1% in this game to counter player varus, dodging and buying qss is out of question, right. sigh..
> [{quoted}](name=Saibbo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=96G0GA4f,comment-id=00030000000000020000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-09T16:06:59.978+0000) > > You're right the 1000 player which some of them are from LCS and challenger series are so more important than the 1M players below them. I guess you need to be the 1% in this game to counter player varus, dodging and buying qss is out of question, right. > sigh.. you do know he is trolling you :p if you pick too large of a sample size he is going to say those players suck and if you pick only masters then its too small of a sample size
: Runes vs Runes Reforged: Improving gathering storm
the problem with linear scaling per lvl is that it is much stronger early than the way gathering storm currently works, because you have been getting bonuses the whole time while with gathering storm you had to wait, lets say you get 1.7 ad per level, thats 5 ad at lvl 3, you basically have half of a longsword at lvl 3, which is much better than gathering storm in the early game, so if you wanted that kind of an effect you would have to nerf the amount received by a ludicrous amount which would make it quite a bit weaker late game. so maybe your suggestion could work but probably not with linear scalings
R0T0N (EUW)
: The Clash between Aatrox's ultimate and the rest of his kit, and a possible simple solution.
i'd say this is also a problem in thinking similair, to zileans ult where people think its worthless if you didnt actually die, while that is far from the truth. What you actually get from the ult is 12 seconds of people basically ignoring you because they know its kinda pointless to use abilities on you, so you gotta ask yourself: how many abilities did they not use on me because i would just revive after them? That is the damage reduction you get from your ult, and the revive should be considered purely a bonus, or used in dives Id say that aatrox's ult is a case of an ability feeling much worse than it actually is, and i agree that can be a probelm in itself
: I feel like Jhin is the new Ezreal
oh and about jhin, honestly stormrazor sounds like someone was challenged on the spot to make an item taylor made to be used by him, it seems impossible to overlook how good this item synergizes with him in every way. (disclaimer: i like both ez and jhin, and actually think ez's ability to use pretty much any item is really fun)
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: you're right about spirit of the elder lizard but at that time jungle items could have been built by anyone and EVERYONE in EVERY ROLE built jungle items also nasus had 53% win rate when klepto was broken btw klepto was a problem on more than one champ and it was broken on Sona which forced riot to nerf Sona
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RE7pEol6,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-09-06T14:38:52.228+0000) > > you're right about spirit of the elder lizard > but at that time jungle items could have been built by anyone > > and EVERYONE > in EVERY ROLE > built jungle items > > also nasus had 53% win rate when klepto was broken btw > klepto was a problem on more than one champ > > and it was broken on Sona which forced riot to nerf Sona nasus had a 53% wr because second wind meant no one could ever force him out of lane, that was the time i literally played every tank mid because it was hilarious af that they could outsustain every other mid, also it was nerfed much harder for ranged charachters but i mean yea he didnt get many items literally by himself (most champs havent gotten any items nerfed only because of them), but look at what groups of champions got items nerfed because of them: runic echoes:AP junglers... and ezreal iceborne:tanks,bulky assasins... and ezreal duskblade:AD assasins... and ezreal bork:ADCs... including ezreal seraphs:mages... and ezreal(gogo double tear) so to sum up he was able to be a part of the problem about items meant for AP junglers,AD assasins,tanks,ADCs and mages. is there any champ that has been in so many groups that got items nerfed, and by group i mean ezreal was just kinda there with all the other champs that have no similarities to him also imagine if they buffed muramana so it wouldnt suck on everyone else. how good would it be on ez?
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: wait which balanced item was broken by ezreal Runeglave got nerfed then replaced Duskblade on ranged champions got abused by many champions klepto was broken Iceborn used to outcrowd other tank items ??
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RE7pEol6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-06T08:05:44.210+0000) > > wait which balanced item was broken by ezreal > Runeglave got nerfed then replaced > Duskblade on ranged champion got abused by many champions > klepto was broken > Iceborn used to outcrowd other tank items > > ?? spirit of the elder lizard, also that time that they changed the size of the iceborne circle to scale with armor was a nerf to specifically ezreal using that item and no one else, runeglaive got nerfed because of ezreal and then replaced because they couldnt make it good enough for people that actually should use it without making ezreal ridiculously op, and klepto was usable only on like 5 champs, 3 of which it was decent on(illaoi,nasus,fiora) and 2 that were broken with it(gp, whose q is the same as ezreals in terms of breaking things, at least pre rework, and ezreal)
: Riot you need to consider the actions Daniel Z Klein and maybe even Froskurinn
: I take it J4's flag buff applies several times a second to champions in range? The speed boost zone Ori's W creates does this too. If Aery was already up when I cast it sometimed she procs twice off one cast!
> [{quoted}](name=Sonic132,realm=NA,application-id=ELUpwER8,discussion-id=GIWBugod,comment-id=00250000,timestamp=2018-08-29T14:50:59.835+0000) > > I take it J4's flag buff applies several times a second to champions in range? > The speed boost zone Ori's W creates does this too. If Aery was already up when I cast it sometimed she procs twice off one cast! yeah it does, and you can proc it somewhere around 4 or 5 times during one flag
Shahamut (NA)
: My thoughts on Skarner's Spires [Long Post]
the problem about skarner about skarner and role diversity isnt just that his passive is holding him back, most of his kit just doesnt look made for laning with his mediocre mobility and basically 0 range. the problem with lane skarner is that he cant reach laners he wants to kill or pressure and he cant kill or pressure the laners he can reach. this is where he really suffers from being formerly lumped in as a juggernaut. since he is a juggernaut ranged champs can kite him, while he sacrifices the ability to 1v1 duelists and actual juggernauts because he has a lot of his power budget alloted to cc. he also has basically 0 ways to farm without going into melee range. the only laners i could actually see him winning lanes against are some of the tanks (and not even all of them). so while im at that i agree with all your reasoning for removing spires, if you want to promote lane diversity i think that the new passive should either give him some dueling power, way to engage easier, or lane safety. i have been thinking an engage passive:his new passive would be whenever he kills a unit he gets a burst of speed and slow resistance for 20 seconds or until he auto attacks an enemy champion. this way he could use it both in lane to get on the champs he wants to pressure and in jungle to give him a faster gank immediately after clearing a camp. it also wouldnt be cancelled by damage so your e wouldnt proc it ahead of time, and the slow resistance would help against getting kited too hard
: Your off base about Juggernauts. Kiting is thier main weakness. Not Cc'd and exploded not in one go anyway. Death in less than 2 seconds by 2 targets mb while you do can't do anything is not a Juggernauts power fantasy
> [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=ELUpwER8,discussion-id=YAjVBX96,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2018-08-25T19:22:09.340+0000) > > Your off base about Juggernauts. Kiting is thier main weakness. Not Cc'd and exploded not in one go anyway. Death in less than 2 seconds by 2 targets mb while you do can't do anything is not a Juggernauts power fantasy i think you misunderstood what im trying to stay, chain ccing means that several people are trying to shut you down for a long period of time, so lets say 5 seconds of hard cc (so stuns,displacements,suppresion) at the very least or the whole fight of slows while the enemy is kiting you. the other thing you said is being exploded on two seconds. maybe i wasnt being clear but when i was talking about chain cc i wasnt taking into account juggernaut durability but how they are supposed to be susceptible to cc, i didnt mean to say anything about the damage they are taking
: The History of CC and Why I Believe it's a Problem
I would also say the diminishing returns on cc are unnecessary in LoL. When ccing people there are 3 kinds of targets: 1. squishies of all kinds(mages,adcs,assasins...), which dont need to be chain cced as they will die in the span of max 2 different hard ccs, possibly even less so chain ccing them is pointless 2. tanks, which can take several ccs and survive the damage during that time. In this case the tanks are actually doing their jobs of keeping the carries safe and disrupting the enemy team while being cced and focused down 3. juggernauts(and battlemages too,kinda) which get completely shut down by cc chaining, but i would argue in this case that is a good thing, since the juggernaut power fantasy is being this big guy who must be stopped by several people at once, and chain cc is meant to be their main weakness i would say that all those 3 interactions are working as they should be so there is no need to implement diminishing returns. i do agree with the rest of the post tho
: Non-Standard Item Builds: Yes or No?
i would say it is a yes, but with a big caveat: you have to pinpoint what is the power curve of your champion using that build? is he strong early,mid,late? what are the weaknesses of the build compared to the regular build? what does that champion bring to the table that you really want in a team? is there someone else that does the same thing but better? let me give two examples:playing battlemage nasus vs playing ap lucian. ap nasus mid build: luden,rylai,liandry,morello,situational shoes,void staff. what do you want to do: bully lane early with spirit fire, then constantly shove and poke late game while dealing a lot of %health damage and being fairly beefy. when is this build strong? your earlygame poke with maxing e is frankly disgusting, allowing you to win a lot of lanes early, your midgame fighting is really bad due to bad flat ap scaling and not finishing your items, your late game is pretty decent with a lot of % health shred from liandry and your ult, and the ability to push and siege really easily. what is this build good at compared to regular nasus? it is a much stronger early laning build, it shoves much faster and does more aoe while being less susceptible to kiting than regular nasus. what is this build bad at compared to regular nasus? it stacks much slower, its a worse duelist, its mid game damage is much lower and while being better at sieging actually kills turrets much slower is there someone that does the same thing but better? i dont think that there is a single champion that has the same combination of waveclear, early game lane strength and poke and beefines as him (lets compare another battlemage, swain: while i think swain has better cc and is a better teamfighter with more damage,battlemage nasus has better poke and wave control). this doesnt mean that battlemage nasus is good for every game or that he will outperform regular nasus in every game, but there are certain situations and team comps where battlemage nasus is the man for the job. now lets look at ap lucian build: nashors tooth,lichbane,deathcap,void staff,luden, situational boots what do you want to do? poke lane early with w, then use your nashors and lichbane combined with your passive mid and late game to do damage in skirmishes and ult in teamfights when is this build strong? early in lane you want to poke with your w and your w does respectable damage, but its very hard to hit through a minion wave and the shape is awkward, mid game your damage is decentish but nothing special and you dont really bring anything besides damage and mediocre waveclear to the table, and late game your damage starts falling off. what is this build good at compared to regular lucian? it has a little bit better burst, and a little bit better waveclear, your ult does more damage(but it scales from ad too and is physical so nut much more) what is this build good at compared to regular lucian? regular lucian build will be beefier and do more damage at all stages of the game (your w does a little bit more in the lane but its harder to hit than his q) while retaining most of what makes your build strong is there someone who does the same thing but better? yes. regular lucian will outperform you in vast majority of games, and you can take kayle for example, who will outdamage you while having much better utility for the cost of lower mobility which wont be of much use to you since you cant actually do anything with said mobility so in conclusion if you have a plan, a reason to play that specific champion that way, and a well developed power curve it would be ok to play that champion. also the important thing to note here is that even in the nasus example, battlemage nasus isnt better than regular nasus at EVERYTHING, just enough things to give him a niche. i feel that is a trap that many people fall into, believing that the new build must be better than the standard in every concievable way, while it only has to have enough strengths to give it a reason to be played in a game
: I'm actually HEAVILY disappointed in Riot when it comes to Enchanters as an entire concept
there is an ability/keystone combo that i found works quite well as an enchanter ability that requires tought to use even though it is not on an actual enchanter: the j4 flag/summon aery combo. so how this works is that the +AS aura from your flag procs summon aery on allies, and the ability itself does respectable poke damage when you max it first. the skill expression in using said ability comes from these points: 1. you want to position the flag so that you can q to it if necessary, but also so your ally will remain in the range of its AS buff so you can keep on doling out aery shields 2. if you want to shield more you have to stand next to whoever you are shielding so you pick up the aery faster 3. sometimes its beneficial to actually miss the damage part of your flag, so that you shield your ally immediately (if they are dying from an ignite or something) 4. its hard to use it to both engage and protect someone because if you engage you will be farther away from your team, meaning fewer aery procs 5. if your ally is knocked out of the range of the flag you lose all shielding you can get like 5k shielding just from aery in mid-long lasting games, it also gives the most disgusting early jungle clear help ever (+AS for your camp while shielding on average 120 dmg from the minions, yes please), and the greatest thing about its usage is that it can be used as poke, start for your engage or shielding from your allies depending on how you use it, while losing effectiveness in other two functions, and being interactive for your opponent, and also not being click on ally shielding. maybe more enchanter abilities in the future could be like this, considering the level of interaction this ability gives for both you and your opponents
: A FANTASTIC SUPPORT FOR ANYONE!!! (Freak the Meta: Jarvan IV Tank Suppor...
have you tried going aery scorch spellthief into tank? i max flag first, the poke is great and the aery constantly shields people who are near the flag
Rioter Comments
Onotori (NA)
: Why do people I play with keep ditching me? : /
it's just a thing that happens; it happened to me too, people come and go, they stop playing, start playing other games doing other things, id say a lot of people just dont play a single game as long as you can, but that's maybe just me since i've been playing for eight years
Arammus (EUW)
: today i had a dream about tyler1 joining the lcs...
doesnt sound realistic, didnt run it down mid
: You're now a Rioter. What's the first (reasonable/semi-reasonable) thing you do?
: A page out of the Book of Heavy Metal (Unsealed Spellbook+Smite Morde bot, trust me not trolling)
sounds hilarious to play, and quite depressing for the opposing jungler also immediate +1 for dream evil

glava222

Level 158 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion