: > [{quoted}](name=halo10,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=00000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T22:37:19.187+0000) > > The post was made 07-15-2012 And we're literally like 7 years forward in time + 2 month etc time has changed and so has human beings we don't think as we did for 7 years ago nor do we actually act like apes like back then. I get your point here, but the thing is that these ''experiments'' happened for several years ago which in terms have no meaning today. There was a more recent experiment that they didn't release results for. Given that no new policy was enacted it's fair to assume the results were still bad. The heart of the matter is the people who ignored several warnings, including the one that warned that perma-ban might be the next punishment, is unlikely to change just because they get yet another chance. > So i would say.. Try again riot if it doesn't work then try another time until it works (try every 3rd year or so) It might work one day who knows people change bro and it's straight facts. The few people that might actually change their behavior by having yet another chance is not worth it. Not only does it just cause grief for people when they encounter the typical perma-banned player that refuses to behave but it also sets a bad precident that limits the deterant factor of the perma-ban in the first place. Less people will take the threat of a perma-ban as seriously if they believe they will eventually get their account back.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T22:45:02.556+0000) > > There was a more recent experiment that they didn't release results for. Given that no new policy was enacted it's fair to assume the results were still bad. > > The heart of the matter is the people who ignored several warnings, including the one that warned that perma-ban might be the next punishment, is unlikely to change just because they get yet another chance. > > The few people that might actually change their behavior by having yet another chance is not worth it. Not only does it just cause grief for people when they encounter the typical perma-banned player that refuses to behave but it also sets a bad precident that limits the deterant factor of the perma-ban in the first place. Less people will take the threat of a perma-ban as seriously if they believe they will eventually get their account back. How exactly do you know they did the experiment if they never announced it?!? And there might be other people who wants to reform not all of them but some of them might be able to save... like this account it's been banned since like 2013 or something and i've never been unbanned on it so idk about those ''tests'' seems kina bullshit to me
: I think it doesn't work to our expectations. We want it to catch every troll, but we also want some room to allow for off-meta plays. That was a pretty egregious case the OP discussed. I think that particular case was entirely unsatisfactory, but I'm not of the opinion that this is how every troll is handled.
Bro there is literally meta players on my ranked games not on normal games ON RANKED GAMES and my games are being ruined because of these metas and i turn toxic and probably get banned which i in term get because of there trollers. We've all been there
: you fucking wish.
> [{quoted}](name=warhawk36,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-15T22:11:13.712+0000) > > you fucking wish. I simply think they should try that's all :)
: > [{quoted}](name=halo10,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-15T19:10:04.002+0000) > > When did these experiments happen? And how many got unbanned? How many was banned? How many wasn't? Did some digging to find the post that Lyte made that stated the 95% statistic people are throwing around regarding the level 20 challenge. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2361369&page=1 >In the program, 95% of people who tried the challenge failed and actually made games quite miserable for a lot of newbie players--I still feel bad to this day that this happened.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=0000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T22:24:36.498+0000) > > Did some digging to find the post that Lyte made that stated the 95% statistic people are throwing around regarding the level 20 challenge. > > http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2361369&page=1 The post was made 07-15-2012 And we're literally like 7 years forward in time + 2 month etc time has changed and so has human beings we don't think as we did for 7 years ago nor do we actually act like apes like back then. I get your point here, but the thing is that these ''experiments'' happened for several years ago which in terms have no meaning today. So i would say.. Try again riot if it doesn't work then try another time until it works (try every 3rd year or so) It might work one day who knows people change bro and it's straight facts.
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=halo10,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-15T19:19:05.146+0000) > > Some people might not have reformed but some might have reformed that's my point in this discussion i want people who has reformed like tyler1 have a secound chance in league of legends a perma ban is a permanent ban obviously. > > So people who HAS NOT reformed they're different than people who HAS reformed you people have to understand that some people can change and some can't. Tyler reformed, yes But he started on a new account Just like all perma banned players can They were warned that the time after their 14 day ban would be the final warning, and they blew it Riot ain't going to unban justified bans And imo it would be pretty damn unfair to those players who have been told that they aren't gong to be unbanned so they started a brand new account. And suddenly everyone would get unbanned. It would feel pretty damn bad. Because they've spent all of that time and money on their new account
> And imo it would be pretty damn unfair to those players who have been told that they aren't gong to be unbanned so they started a brand new account. And suddenly everyone would get unbanned. It would feel pretty damn bad. Because they've spent all of that time and money on their new account It's fine if they spend their time and money on their new account but it doesn't mean the players that stopped playing the game has an account and i don't think they would be sad over it because if you think they would be sad knowing their old account is getting unbanned you're delusional. Tyler1 indeed started on a new account but that was because he had the time to do it. People these days have work etc, Tyler1 is reformed and so could the rest of the banned players be you can put Tyler1 for an example. Yes people was warned after their 14 days ban but that doesn't mean people from 6 seasons ago can't be reformed. I specifically said that people below season 8 should be unbanned. The people on Season 9 can wait another 10 seasons for their turn to be unbanned I was just thinking about this to just have a special event for people who might wanna get back to league who doesn't have an account but could get their old account back.
halo10 (EUNE)
: Season 10 mass unban?
Some people might not have reformed but some might have reformed that's my point in this discussion i want people who has reformed like tyler1 have a secound chance in league of legends a perma ban is a permanent ban obviously. So people who HAS NOT reformed they're different than people who HAS reformed you people have to understand that some people can change and some can't.
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=halo10,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T19:03:07.877+0000) > > First of all that never happened and secound of all how do you know every 95% of them got banned? It did happen There has been 2 unban experiments Both have failed (Riot said that the 1st one failed, and i'm going to assume that the 2nd one failed too)
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-15T19:08:41.548+0000) > > It did happen > There has been 2 unban experiments > Both have failed When did these experiments happen? And how many got unbanned? How many was banned? How many wasn't?
Hotarµ (NA)
: > First of all that never happened and secound of all how do you know every 95% of them got banned? First of all, **yes **it did, Riot has held two unban experiments in the past and both of them resulted in the unbanned players failing to reform. Riot themselves released that information for the first test. The second one never had it's results released IIRC but it's widely considered to be a failure.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T19:06:35.650+0000) > > First of all, **yes **it did, Riot has held two unban experiments in the past and both of them resulted in the unbanned players failing to reform. > > Riot themselves released that information for the first test. The second one never had it's results released IIRC but it's widely considered to be a failure. Mind sending me proof and how does riot know that every single person of them got banned?
RallerenP (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=halo10,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T19:00:30.412+0000) > > How would you know you wouldn't know if the people reformed from being toxic and the game is filled with toxic people anyway... In the past when Riot has unbanned groups of people, 95% of them didn't reform.
> [{quoted}](name=RallerenP,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T19:01:23.059+0000) > > In the past when Riot has unbanned groups of people, 95% of them didn't reform. First of all that never happened and secound of all how do you know every 95% of them got banned?
: yeah... no it would be like letting all the people on death row out just cuz
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PlBMQMJN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-15T18:56:09.617+0000) > > yeah... no > > it would be like letting all the people on death row out just cuz How would you know you wouldn't know if the people reformed from being toxic and the game is filled with toxic people anyway...
Rioter Comments

halo10

Level 30 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion