Keyru (NA)
: Boards Moderation Discord Verification
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: An Analysis Of Swain's Soul Fragmenting Lines
Man I love this sort of stuff Riot does, it adds so much to the depth of the game and story behind it which is really really cool and I can't express how thankful I am for the effort put into this. Regarding the Fiora line tho, I'm sorta taking that one similar to the Black Widow from the avengers and how she was sterilized in her training to ensure "nothing will get in the way of a mission", that thing being family / a child. Fiora could just be avoiding relationships by choice to ensure her focus is unbreakable, and I think this fits very well with her theme and play style.
: Calling it now, someone is gonna run a cheese comp involving Nunu and some champion who can abuse the AP steriod in pro play.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fEgt1wek,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-24T15:15:54.570+0000) > > Calling it now, someone is gonna run a cheese comp involving Nunu and some champion who can abuse the AP steriod in pro play. I wonder what corki + nunu bot would be like. Corki would use the AP on his autos and nunu's E slow would help make better use of corki's E and R. It'll probably be terrible but I kinda want to try it
: Proposed Change For Stopwatch
I think the stop watch stasis time needs to be a lot lower. You can still do the "clutch outplays" or whatever riot wants to call them but it would also allow for a little more precision needed to use it properly and you could potentially have something else waiting for you when it comes back up if not timed properly.
Rioter Comments
: Deeper would also be kinda cool him sounding like He will rip your head Off at 1k Stacks.
> [{quoted}](name=Timethief49,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=quXIYsYE,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-01-17T08:43:37.430+0000) > > Deeper would also be kinda cool him sounding like He will rip your head Off at 1k Stacks. At 1k stacks they should have Samuel L Jackson do the voice over
: Just had a 47 minute game.
I had one too, unfortunately it was "who could one shot each others carry first" and pretty much all team fights turned out to be one team aced and the other team left with their tank or something lol. I miss the longer games too :/
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dkjOwlLe,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-10T15:45:02.709+0000) > > Well, yes, but it's not really *that* hard to hit them imo, even with the changes. The reward for hitting them is far to high, especially with such low cooldowns. That's literally every mage tho. Lux Lands her Snare, you get 1 shot. Brand Lands his Stun, you get 1 shot. Syndra lands her Stun, you get 1 shot. Xerath Lands his E, you get 1 shot. Hell, Veigar doesn't even need to LAND his E, he just has to place it around you.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaddyFantome,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dkjOwlLe,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-11T05:55:54.679+0000) > > That's literally every mage tho. > > Lux Lands her Snare, you get 1 shot. > > Brand Lands his Stun, you get 1 shot. > > Syndra lands her Stun, you get 1 shot. > > Xerath Lands his E, you get 1 shot. > > Hell, Veigar doesn't even need to LAND his E, he just has to place it around you. Are you high? Lux, brand, syndra can one shot you late game, Zoe can do it after 2 items. Xerath is pathetic compared to zoe. You need to land ALL of his abilites to hopefully one shot them, when you only need 2 for zoe. Even still with Xerath his damage isn't even comparable to zoe in the late game. Veigar, yes, he can do that, but is it ok to just walk up to someone and R? You mention all of these mages that (supposedly) one shot someone that somehow justifies zoe's 2 skill shot lethal combo. Hitting 1 cc to kill someone shouldn't be ok, it provides little to no counterplay and is not healthy imo at all. I'm only singling out zoe here because the thread is about zoe.. The general damage of the game is too high, and zoe in particular is not in a healthy position.
: If she lands an E and then does a QQR/QRQ combo that means she used 3 spells to kill you, which is pretty acceptable for a burst mage. IMO she has other problems.
> [{quoted}](name=TotalJerk,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dkjOwlLe,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2018-01-10T21:59:24.567+0000) > > If she lands an E and then does a QQR/QRQ combo that means she used 3 spells to kill you, which is pretty acceptable for a burst mage. IMO she has other problems. That's not really burst imo, more so just high powered artillery. Once her E hits it's basically gg. I think she would be a lot better to play with or against if she wasn't so reliant on the combo mentioned to 1 shot someone then rinse and repeat.
: To be fair, Zoe's Q is basically all of her damage. If you nerf it, she'll just go support and we'll have another Brand/Annie/Malzahar on our hands.
> [{quoted}](name=Futaba Chan,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dkjOwlLe,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-01-10T21:32:10.915+0000) > > To be fair, Zoe's Q is basically all of her damage. If you nerf it, she'll just go support and we'll have another Brand/Annie/Malzahar on our hands. I'm not saying kill it, but tone it down a bit. A 150% increase modifier is a little much, no? Lmao perhaps lower that a bit and she will be better to lane against. I just don't agree with the whole 1 shot almost artillery-like concept she is.
: Damage means nothing if you can't hit the skill shots. Avoid her E and she can't do anything.
> [{quoted}](name=ShuyinTheX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dkjOwlLe,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-10T15:43:25.444+0000) > > Damage means nothing if you can't hit the skill shots. > Avoid her E and she can't do anything. Well, yes, but it's not really *that* hard to hit them imo, even with the changes. The reward for hitting them is far to high, especially with such low cooldowns.
Revali (NA)
: I don't thinkg the damage is entirely the issue, I think all these changes to make her an actual skill cap champ instead of phishing for one hit
> [{quoted}](name=Revali,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dkjOwlLe,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-01-10T15:25:55.540+0000) > > I don't thinkg the damage is entirely the issue, I think all these changes to make her an actual skill cap champ instead of phishing for one hit Well regardless of the skill requirements, her damage is insane. To 1 shot pretty much anyone on the enemy team just land your E, time R then land Q. This is not healthy at all. And perhaps I didn't word things well, but the damage is the main issue, **not entirely**. The changes perhaps will help, but I still think her damage needs to be reduced.
: PSA: Zoe's Nerfs Are Bigger Than You Think
I think the disappointing thing is that her Q damage is untouched and you still can get 1 shot very easily if she lands her E. Her damage is too high. That's basically it imo.
Aeon123 (NA)
: Quick Update on Rotating Game Modes
: Upvote so Riot can see. Can we give Zoe's E the Fizz ult treatment? Opinions?
I like the idea of the nerf but I feel the execution of it would be rather sloppy looking in game. I think a more suitable change would be if the duration of the sleep debuff if walked on it would rapidly decrease as the trap lies there, but also reducing the trap size. This would lower the zoning affect and consequences if you do step on it. On a side note, while a change like this is needed, I think her Q damage / possibly its travel speeds too are the real areas needing a nerf. I'm still shocked why Riot can allow her Q to do so much damage
: He's still chained, just in a different way. Don't expect him to be as you remember, because if he didn't really change he won't be around for long.
> [{quoted}](name=redniwediS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YLGYM0AF,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-04T23:40:30.994+0000) > > He's still chained, just in a different way. Don't expect him to be as you remember, because if he didn't really change he won't be around for long. I don't want the toxicity, I just find him entertaining which makes me happy he's able to play my favourite game again
Rioter Comments
: Speaking of Ascension, should it be the first RGM to be made into a main gamemode?
I honestly have never heard of anyone actually liking Ascension before lol. Anyways, I don't think it would be good to have any more perm gamemodes because it would probably get repetitive and boring after a while, which is something I love about the RGM, it's something "new" to look forward to. I just wish there were more gamemodes that weren't exclusive on a skin line (SG / Project), and instead of focusing on the map design (although very cool), focus on the gameplay and fun of it such as one for all or old URF.
Rioter Comments
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=0002000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T22:39:37.326+0000) > > It takes what, 7-10 games to level up? That's a long time You're straight-up wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=00020001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-29T03:38:12.669+0000) > > You're straight-up wrong. Well actually, using the average XP I earned per match (~165 excluding FWOTD), it would take about 17-18 games to level up if I were sitting at my current level of 56. By adding in FWOTD that number would decrease by ~2 games per day then. That is an extremely long amount of time to get majority of your BE. I am not going to continue to argue with you when your responses contain little to no contribution to the original discussion or if you continue to make rude remarks. I am happy to have this discussion and am pleased to see more people view and respond to this thread, but I don't appreciate responses as such, so please, if you don't have anything valuable to say, please keep it to yourself then.
: Allow us to see what skin our teammates have selected
Yeah this would be really cool. I think it would be nice if the head portrait of the champ they lock in shows the skin one instead, similar to the in game change to the bottom toolbar.
: Unhappy with LOL’s current state? Lack of Dev empathy? Boycott skin purchases.
Was going to gift my cousin $100 worth of RP for Xmas but I agree with this. I love supporting Riot, but with the low response to complaint/suggestion posts and the lack of change with OE, BE, and damage values still after all this time and efforts to communicate our dissatisfaction is purely frustrating and insulting to us as a playerbase. I hope some major changes come around soon, I don't want to see this game go down the drain :/ rito pls
: Men only want one thing
That left ankle...
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=00020001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T12:56:04.519+0000) > > **you need to play a lot to even touch BE**. A single level in this game, even just before a milestone when it's at its longest, does not take a long time. You are in the wrong genre if you are whining and moaning about a dozen hours of your life.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=000200010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T22:17:10.728+0000) > > A single level in this game, even just before a milestone when it's at its longest, does not take a long time. You are in the wrong genre if you are whining and moaning about a dozen hours of your life. It takes what, 7-10 games to level up? That's a long time to get the major source of BE and will take even longer if you can't use the FWOTD bonus ever day. I don't have an issue with the time needed to get TONS of BE, but the extremely slow flow opposed to the old system isn't good at all.
Dragfin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T15:36:22.023+0000) > > I am comparing the flow of BE to IP. My suggestion was to keep the current system, but make the small adjustment I suggested to make the flow of BE a little better, and especially better for those who don't get to play every day. It has nothing to do with winning or losing, the same concepts are still being applied. > > I ask you to again to please not be so rude if you are going to respond to my thread. This is an opinionated thread and there is no reason to be hostile about this. And I am saying that more BE is not the way to go. We are getting the same if not more from the new system. You want game based gains because that is what you are used to. It encourages and rewards bad play by doing so and I am saying get better at the game and you will gain your BE. They made it so good play is being rewarded and the punishment for bad play is that it takes longer to level. It's great. It is my opinion that the new system encourages and rewards good play more than anything they have done in the past. It's about time not everything is based on the, "behave yourself but remain bad and ruin games over and over and enjoy your rewards" shit they normally do.
> [{quoted}](name=Dragfin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T16:03:40.872+0000) > > And I am saying that more BE is not the way to go. We are getting the same if not more from the new system. You want game based gains because that is what you are used to. It encourages and rewards bad play by doing so and I am saying get better at the game and you will gain your BE. They made it so good play is being rewarded and the punishment for bad play is that it takes longer to level. It's great. It is my opinion that the new system encourages and rewards good play more than anything they have done in the past. It's about time not everything is based on the, "behave yourself but remain bad and ruin games over and over and enjoy your rewards" shit they normally do. No, I want a more steady flow of BE because saving up for champs takes way too long with the current system. It has absolutely nothing to do with rewarding bad game play. I'm not sure why you are so stuck on this philosophy when it the old system and my suggestion doesn't reward it either. Each system has less rewards given out when players lose, as it should, but **everyone** will have a more steady flow of BE instead of the lump sum at the end. I'm not defending bad players, I'm defending those who still want to play the game, but don't have a whole lot of time to grind and level up.
Dragfin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T14:17:17.400+0000) > > I don't think you're reading all of what I am saying. In response to your post, I said this: > > I do agree that those who aren't as good shouldn't be rewarded as fast, but **in general** players as a whole are not receiving the same rate of BE flow as before, which is bad to us all. My post was also tuned towards representing people who do not get to play as much. It has nothing to do with good or bad players, but the flow of BE is a lot slower. I go into depth on this here: > > You clearly haven't read my response thoroughly enough if you still are caught up on the "bad players shouldn't get rewarded as fast", as I've clarified my intentions several times now. I'd appreciate it if you would read my posts more carefully before posting aggressive responses back next time. You can't go into IP gains because it was based on time played in game and was never a static number like BE is today. I am sure if you could compare the two it would end up being similar to what it is today. However, because you can't compare the two you assume that we are getting lesser gains because of the time it takes to level. I prefer the new way because those that ruin games because they are bad don't get rewarded as fast. You say it's not good for anyone which leads me to believe that maybe that's why it takes you so long level. I play on two accounts and play mainly weekends and have no problem leveling both accounts 1 level. Win more games, level up faster, get BE faster. There is nothing wrong with this system. Agree to disagree. You can argue all you want and whine and bitch and whine and bitch but it's here to stay and I love it. Why is it so hard for you to understand that this system is better for everyone, especially for those that play to win games and not troll and suck and ruin them?? You do what you do which is lose alot if it takes you that long to level and I'll do what I do and win alot and level up once a weekend on both of my accounts.
> [{quoted}](name=Dragfin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T15:26:34.371+0000) > > You can't go into IP gains because it was based on time played in game and was never a static number like BE is today. I am sure if you could compare the two it would end up being similar to what it is today. However, because you can't compare the two you assume that we are getting lesser gains because of the time it takes to level. I prefer the new way because those that ruin games because they are bad don't get rewarded as fast. You say it's not good for anyone which leads me to believe that maybe that's why it takes you so long level. I play on two accounts and play mainly weekends and have no problem leveling both accounts 1 level. > > Win more games, level up faster, get BE faster. > > There is nothing wrong with this system. Agree to disagree. You can argue all you want and whine and bitch and whine and bitch but it's here to stay and I love it. > > Why is it so hard for you to understand that this system is better for everyone, especially for those that play to win games and not troll and suck and ruin them?? > > You do what you do which is lose alot if it takes you that long to level and I'll do what I do and win alot and level up once a weekend on both of my accounts. I am comparing the flow of BE to IP. My suggestion was to keep the current system, but make the small adjustment I suggested to make the flow of BE a little better, and especially better for those who don't get to play every day. It has nothing to do with winning or losing, the same concepts are still being applied. I ask you to again to please not be so rude if you are going to respond to my thread. This is an opinionated thread and there is no reason to be hostile about this.
Dragfin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-12-27T21:38:05.577+0000) > > My post was more so directed to a rioter in hopes they would see this issue in a new light and would hopefully lead to a better system for all players. I don't expect everyone to understand all of what I'm saying, of course not, but I'm using these theories to parallel between the two issues to maybe open new discussion / views. And just because people might not understand my comparison doesn't mean the reasoning is wrong - a lot of the ideas are similar to most people's and I've clearly stated that this is **my opinion** on the issue. > > Regarding "bad players shouldn't get as much", yeah that's possibly true but it was not something in my argument. I complained about people who don't get to play often not gaining BE as fast as the old system, which is really unfair in my opinion. The game, and all of its components should be enjoyable - especially in a free to play game like league, and gaining the currency of BE does not feel good to these players especially. They are stakeholders too, and the changes I suggested would benefit everyone. but mainly would help them a bit more. I'm not sure what your point is here so sorry if this paragraph is ranty / all over the place. If you read my post again though you can see that I only suggested 30-50 BE after each game, not changing anything else with the current system. > > Winning doesn't do all that much for you now compared to the old system. you still need to grind for the XP to get the BE, and this dual grind relates to my statement about slow BE flows, nothing else. You get more experience when you win games. This means that if you win alot of games you will level faster than those that suck and lose alot. What part of that simple logic don't you understand?
> [{quoted}](name=Dragfin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T13:38:16.477+0000) > > You get more experience when you win games. This means that if you win alot of games you will level faster than those that suck and lose alot. What part of that simple logic don't you understand? I don't think you're reading all of what I am saying. In response to your post, I said this: >yeah that's possibly true but it was not something in my argument. I complained about people who don't get to play often not gaining BE as fast as the old system, which is really unfair in my opinion > I do agree that those who aren't as good shouldn't be rewarded as fast, but **in general** players as a whole are not receiving the same rate of BE flow as before, which is bad to us all. My post was also tuned towards representing people who do not get to play as much. It has nothing to do with good or bad players, but the flow of BE is a lot slower. I go into depth on this here: >No, the bottom line is that you gain more XP the more you play, which eventually leads you closer to BE gains - you need to play a lot to even touch BE. This contrasts to the old system where you would get a steady flow of BE after each game, not some lump sum after a long XP grind. The consequence faced here is the slow BE flow; this concept is straight forward. It makes no sense for Riot to have this system when players in this case exist, as they might not be able to buy a (6300) champ for weeks / months. > >For some math, > >From my last 10 games the average XP per match I gained is ~165. This excludes the FWOTD bonus. So given this average, if I played 3 games a day, 3 times a week and used the FWOTD bonus each time assuming I won at least one game a day, I would gain a total of 2685 XP in that week. (16533+(3400)) = 2685. Sitting at level 55 currently, this is not even enough to level me up. So after one whole week of playing, I will only be getting, at the very most, 150 BE only from the FWOTD bonus. That isn't even enough to buy nunu. Compared to the old system, I would be getting the 150IP bonus per day, which is already *triple what I would be getting now, and that excludes the IP per game. I'm not even going to bother going into the weekly gains with the IP system because I think my point is made already. > >Adding onto this, the lump sum of BE gained when you finally level up is potentially dispersed over a little less than 2 weeks of playing, meaning I would level up ~3 times the entire month. You cannot say I would be getting the same amount of BE in the month compared to the old system, and for all players, the flow of BE is definitely not at the same satisfying / efficient rate as before. > You clearly haven't read my response thoroughly enough if you still are caught up on the "bad players shouldn't get rewarded as fast", as I've clarified my intentions several times now. I'd appreciate it if you would read my posts more carefully before posting aggressive responses back next time.
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=000200010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T00:04:17.938+0000) > > "Not playing every day is of no consequence" this is really not true. Yes it is, the obvious measure of BE/IP gains is "gains per time spent playing the game," so whether you play daily or weekly, the only thing that matters is how much you play between each first win of the day, and your example was 2-3 games per FWotD, meaning your BE gained per time spent playing went up relative to your IP gained per time spent playing.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=0002000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-28T06:52:03.968+0000) > > Yes it is, the obvious measure of BE/IP gains is "gains per time spent playing the game," so whether you play daily or weekly, the only thing that matters is how much you play between each first win of the day, and your example was 2-3 games per FWotD, meaning your BE gained per time spent playing went up relative to your IP gained per time spent playing. No, the bottom line is that you gain more XP the more you play, which eventually leads you closer to BE gains - **you need to play a lot to even touch BE**. This contrasts to the old system where you would get a steady flow of BE after each game, not some lump sum after a long XP grind. The consequence faced here is the slow BE flow; this concept is straight forward. It makes no sense for Riot to have this system when players in this case exist, as they might not be able to buy a (6300) champ for weeks / months. For some math, **From my last 10 games** the average XP per match I gained is ~165. This excludes the FWOTD bonus. So given this average, if I played 3 games a day, 3 times a week and used the FWOTD bonus each time assuming I won at least one game a day, I would gain a total of 2685 XP in that week. (165*3*3+(3*400)) = 2685. Sitting at level 55 currently, this is not even enough to level me up. So after one whole week of playing, I will only be getting, at the very most, 150 BE **only from the FWOTD bonus**. That isn't even enough to buy nunu. Compared to the old system, I would be getting the 150IP bonus per day, which is already **triple** what I would be getting now, and that excludes the IP per game. I'm not even going to bother going into the weekly gains with the IP system because I think my point is made already. Adding onto this, the lump sum of BE gained when you **finally** level up is potentially dispersed over a little less than 2 weeks of playing, meaning I would level up ~3 times the entire month. You cannot say I would be getting the same amount of BE in the month compared to the old system, and for all players, the flow of BE is definitely not at the same satisfying / efficient rate as before.
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-27T22:49:25.344+0000) > > How are extra BE gains being made from the previous system? It's the about the same as before but we need to use BE for more things now. It's about the same as before except slightly higher AND you can use shards for further discounts AND rune costs were removed which were a much more necessary cost than mastery levels which can easily be ignored. > Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I was directing that statement more towards the players like me who don't get to play every day. Not playing every day is of no consequence, what matters is how long your play sessions are because that determines how many games proc your FWotD bonus. If you only play 2-3 games per session then your BE income has increased compared to IP because FWotD was buffed and it makes up an above-average portion of your income.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-27T23:05:18.529+0000) > > It's about the same as before except slightly higher AND you can use shards for further discounts AND rune costs were removed which were a much more necessary cost than mastery levels which can easily be ignored. > That doesn't mean that the flow or opportunity costs are improved. Mastery upgrades still are an area where people find utility, and I don't think it's valid to say that it can be "easily ignored" in your argument. The low BE flow and opportunity costs combined are what the issue is, not too much individually, but when added together is why the new system isn't enjoyable. > Not playing every day is of no consequence, what matters is how long your play sessions are because that determines how many games proc your FWotD bonus. If you only play 2-3 games per session then your BE income has increased compared to IP because FWotD was buffed and it makes up an above-average portion of your income. "Not playing every day is of no consequence" this is really not true. It means you don't get to use the FWOTD bonus then, which is a HUGE part of leveling up and it gives you 50 BE straight up. This means that some people would only be getting 50-150 BE PER WEEK compared to say 6-9 games worth of BE + the old FWOTD bonus in the old system. You cannot say that this new system is better off then in this case, which is a lot more common than you think. I don't understand why you aren't even attracted by a more steady BE income, it has absolutely no drawbacks whatsoever. The best change imo would be to change FWOTD to 500xp only, and add 30-50 BE after each game. This way, BE could be more steadily gained and will help you buy champs / mastery upgrades faster, and will benefit those who don't play that often, while also rewarding the more active players more. It's a win win for everyone while not affecting Riot's profits all that much - BE still will take a little longer to gain large amounts of (buy champs with RP instead), and boosters will still be equally beneficial.
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2017-12-27T22:12:25.072+0000) > > If you read what I said more closely, you will see that I said that the one currency is bad when **no extra gains are being made**. But extra gains are being made. > That is true, but we still are getting far less BE than from the previous system in general False. You simply can't expect to get anywhere in the conversation when working under false assumptions.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2017-12-27T22:30:29.246+0000) > > But extra gains are being made. > > False. You simply can't expect to get anywhere in the conversation when working under false assumptions. How are extra BE gains being made from the previous system? It's the about the same as before but we need to use BE for more things now. Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I was directing that statement more towards the players like me who don't get to play every day. You don't have to be so rude about this lol. It's an opinion on this issue, and a lot of people are making the same complains.
Quepha (NA)
: Why did you preface your post with your experience in economics and then blatantly disregard the economic advantages of the features you're talking about? Having a single currency for multiple features is good for the consumer, not bad, because it allows them to choose what they want from available options. If Riot gave us separate currencies for mastery and champ unlocks and tuned those numbers appropriately, then players who'd rather have champions than mastery levels and vice versa would receive less utility than under the current system, while those who value them equally would receive the same utility either way. You said it's targeting the players who don't play much to make them feel bad, but it's actually quite the opposite. Someone who can only play 2-3 games in a session receives MASSIVE benefit from FWotD regardless of how often they are able to have play sessions. The length of your play sessions means you're in the class of player who benefits the most from the change increasing the value of FWotD.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-12-27T15:56:55.356+0000) > > Why did you preface your post with your experience in economics and then blatantly disregard the economic advantages of the features you're talking about? > > Having a single currency for multiple features is good for the consumer, not bad, because it allows them to choose what they want from available options. If Riot gave us separate currencies for mastery and champ unlocks and tuned those numbers appropriately, then players who'd rather have champions than mastery levels and vice versa would receive less utility than under the current system, while those who value them equally would receive the same utility either way. > > You said it's targeting the players who don't play much to make them feel bad, but it's actually quite the opposite. Someone who can only play 2-3 games in a session receives MASSIVE benefit from FWotD regardless of how often they are able to have play sessions. The length of your play sessions means you're in the class of player who benefits the most from the change increasing the value of FWotD. If you read what I said more closely, you will see that I said that the one currency is bad when **no extra gains are being made**. This is the reason why it is so unpopular in my opinion, and is the main reason why the theory of opportunity cost is present here. We have to make decisions among alternatives (mastery vs champs) on where to spend our scarce resource (BE), which lowers the economic profit / satisfaction of this system. By increasing the flow of BE our opportunity cost would be lower and it would solve a lot of the frustration here. Creating another currency was the less favorable option to me, but it worked to some extent in the previous system since the BE was more useful for mysteries compared to champ shards, as IP was the main currency for that (relate this back to a higher utility gained in this case). If we got more BE, specifically a better flow of it, the singular currency will be better, and I think that's what Riot was aiming for when designing this entire system in the first place - it just needs some adjustments. That is true, but we still are getting far less BE than from the previous system in general since we have to level up to get the BE at the end, or just a small, one time deal (per day) of the 50 BE from FWOTD. If the old system, or my suggestion was implemented, the flow of BE would be greater, and this is critical in my opinion to make the system successful. Even players who do get to play a couple games each day don't get the best BE flow; if we got a small amount of BE after each game, the grind would be a **little** less frustrating. My reference to players who don't get to play often not benefiting much from FWOTD is because sometimes they might only be able to benefit from it 2-3 times a week, similar to my case. It had nothing to do with "who benefits more from it", but was more directed to emphasize the lower flow of BE compared to the previous system / my suggestions.
Dragfin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-12-27T14:57:39.807+0000) > > Hello everyone, > > I am a first year economics / accounting student and I really dislike the new BE system. This is not just another "oooo I hate this rito pls change" thread, but I wanted to share my perspective on why this system isn't too popular. > > First off, BE is now used for buying champions AND mastery upgrades, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Why have a single currency for two different options when no extra gains are being made? This is my main frustration with the system. By changing the system to this dual purpose currency, a new opportunity cost is added to the player and lowers our economic profits and overall satisfaction. Needless to say, we either need the BE gains increased, or a rework / exclusive currency for the mastery system. TL;DR, our profits are lowered by an added implicit cost, with no compensation added to BE gains = negative experience and frustration. > > Another issue is that the (cash) flow of BE is so slow. Similar to real life businesses, this is not an attractive feature, and adds to the frustration caused by the system. This not only is bad for players who play a lot, but mainly is targeting those who don't get to play that often and gain the advantage of the FWOTD. As a player from this category, this is so frustrating as BE is nearly impossible to get when I am busy with school and can only play 2-3 games 2-3 times a week. As a stakeholder / player of league, I personally find it more enjoyable / worthwhile my time to have a steady income of BE, which is the exact same principles used in the investing world; it only makes sense to follow this pattern in my opinion, as we are investing in League with our time and possibly financially. This issue could be solved quite easily, by adding a small amount of BE after each game, say 30-50. > > Now I know these ideas aren't original or anything, but I would like to present my perspective on this issue to Riot to hopefully open up a new window for change. Something needs to be done about this issue, as it truly is making League less appealing. > > As a side note, I do respect Riot's financial decisions and their reasoning to make such decisions as a business, however, some changes are a little too harsh, such as this one, and the OE changes. Riot is a business after all, and must make money, yes, but the players are the main stakeholders / investors in this business and our enjoyment of the game and all of its components is crucial in the business's success. I don't believe I am asking for a lot here, and I don't see Riot's financial position being majorly affected by any of my points made either. If any Rioter could respond to this thread and share their opinions on my perspective and / or share any trends on RP purchases before and after this change, I would greatly appreciate that too to get a better understanding of why this system is in place on your end. > > Good day, and thank you for reading this. The only reason it's not popular is because the rewards don't come immediately after 1 game is over. It has nothing to do with your economics spin because most players have no friggin idea WTF you are talking about so how can they acknowledge it in their minds. The bottom line is we live in a society where people would rather be rewarded immediately for their effort. If you play the game in the same manner as you have always played it, the rewards are the same and maybe even better because now the new reward (BE) is static where the old reward (IP) was based on time in game. Win more games and you get to the new reward (BE) faster because you get more experience with wins. You also can get 50 BE daily winning a game. Play a bot game if it takes you forever to get a win because you lose alot if that's the case. This is why I like the new system because bad players who lose a ton of games don't get rewarded as fast for being bad and need to spend more time in game to get rewarded. Win alot and get rewarded faster. Basically get better and BE rolls in. It's pretty much that simple.
> [{quoted}](name=Dragfin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WvZAXvlh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-27T15:40:21.904+0000) > > The only reason it's not popular is because the rewards don't come immediately after 1 game is over. It has nothing to do with your economics spin because most players have no friggin idea WTF you are talking about so how can they acknowledge it in their minds. > > The bottom line is we live in a society where people would rather be rewarded immediately for their effort. If you play the game in the same manner as you have always played it, the rewards are the same and maybe even better because now the new reward (BE) is static where the old reward (IP) was based on time in game. Win more games and you get to the new reward (BE) faster because you get more experience with wins. You also can get 50 BE daily winning a game. Play a bot game if it takes you forever to get a win because you lose alot if that's the case. > > This is why I like the new system because bad players who lose a ton of games don't get rewarded as fast for being bad and need to spend more time in game to get rewarded. Win alot and get rewarded faster. Basically get better and BE rolls in. > > It's pretty much that simple. My post was more so directed to a rioter in hopes they would see this issue in a new light and would hopefully lead to a better system for all players. I don't expect everyone to understand all of what I'm saying, of course not, but I'm using these theories to parallel between the two issues to maybe open new discussion / views. And just because people might not understand my comparison doesn't mean the reasoning is wrong - a lot of the ideas are similar to most people's and I've clearly stated that this is **my opinion** on the issue. Regarding "bad players shouldn't get as much", yeah that's possibly true but it was not something in my argument. I complained about people who don't get to play often not gaining BE as fast as the old system, which is really unfair in my opinion. The game, and all of its components should be enjoyable - especially in a free to play game like league, and gaining the currency of BE does not feel good to these players especially. They are stakeholders too, and the changes I suggested would benefit everyone. but mainly would help them a bit more. I'm not sure what your point is here so sorry if this paragraph is ranty / all over the place. If you read my post again though you can see that I only suggested 30-50 BE after each game, not changing anything else with the current system. Winning doesn't do all that much for you now compared to the old system. you still need to grind for the XP to get the BE, and this dual grind relates to my statement about slow BE flows, nothing else.
Rioter Comments
: You're now a Rioter. What's the first (reasonable/semi-reasonable) thing you do?
Remove the damn stop watches holy I would love to do that
Kantan (NA)
: Why are you doing this to AR(URF) riot?
yeah I'm a little confused why they limited the champ pool. To me, it's not worth it AT ALL *just* to be able to play in a snowdown skin, like cmon, it adds so little to the experience when the actually thought of a *fun* urf is what we look forward to. The summer one was pretty good imo, but this one is just lame, mainly for the stupid snowball thing. What I want for Christmas is a week of normal arurf, not this one. I will give credit where it is due though, the concept of the snow battle urf was pretty cool, unfortunately the execution just wasn't there
: I miss One For All...
Oh man how I miss this gamemode :C I need it back soon, please riot make it come back <333 It was so stupid having 5 {{champion:53}} or {{champion:30}} or {{champion:420}} but so fun ughhh
: Can we start to get more LORE based skins?
Oooo I love this idea. My only concern is that the skins could be a little too plain / close to their originals ie the miss fortune one or explorer ezreal. I do love the concept though, but I would have to say sufficient detail would be needed to make them worth while.
Zac x Me (NA)
: If this doesn't become a ward skin I will uninstall League until eternity
Gingerbard is such a fitting name too, agreed, this has to be done
: "You're only level 37, what do you know?"
Competition has its place but I don't get why people have to brag about it / shame people / use their ranks or whatever else as an insult. Like it's a game cmon, just relax with it and realize it's for fun, no need to get all rude about details like this. Just my thoughts on the issue :n
: What on earth could POSSIBLY justify Mastery 7 costing 6.5x as much as before?
The thing that is odd to me is the fact that it is more expensive when the currency (BE) has been expanded to by champs now. To me, the prices should go down if anything, not up. It is a cosmetic after all. I do think that a new mastery system should be made though, since having to pay something for it seems a tad strange to me.
Bay B (NA)
: Now that we get champions in capsules, can we reduce the chances of receiving champions in chests?
Tbh I'm somewhat happy when I get champ shards now vs skin shards. BE is annoying to get now and the OE values are so low so Ill happily take the free BE.
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3l7JJ39x,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-10T16:45:12.592+0000) > > Interesting. I&#x27;m in school for accounting, hopeful to get a job at one of the leading 4 firms so I&#x27;m not sure if they would be ok with it there - it&#x27;s definitely frowned upon at my school anyways :/ you should just get a nice forearm tattoo and roll your sleeves up to piss off your teachers
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3l7JJ39x,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-10T17:31:12.648+0000) > > you should just get a nice forearm tattoo and roll your sleeves up to piss off your teachers Lmao don't think that would go well for me :P
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: Hecarim is nuts
Yeah I got destroyed by one today, his build was: (predator boots) {{item:3078}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3800}} {{item:3742}} and he literally killed me drive by style :C
: > [{quoted}](name=0racle0912,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3l7JJ39x,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-12-10T16:26:23.228+0000) > > Looking at google his stuff looks sick. I was thinking of getting some music labels maybe, since music is my life &lt;3 Probably won&#x27;t tho since tats are **still** frowned upon in the business world :/ feelsbadman not necessarily I have heard of tatted up people with like pink hair and shit working for spacex. they apparently dont care how you dress over there.
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3l7JJ39x,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-12-10T16:32:08.219+0000) > > not necessarily I have heard of tatted up people with like pink hair and shit working for spacex. they apparently dont care how you dress over there. Interesting. I'm in school for accounting, hopeful to get a job at one of the leading 4 firms so I'm not sure if they would be ok with it there - it's definitely frowned upon at my school anyways :/
: Low logic always amazes me
I mean, I don't get boots on my MF build, but I think that's a little different. What really grinds my gears tho is when supports get {{item:1056}} **in ranked**. Mind boggling to me now, but I guess we all have been there.
: thought about something more artsy like H.R. GIGER
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3l7JJ39x,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-12-10T15:49:02.608+0000) > > thought about something more artsy like H.R. GIGER Looking at google his stuff looks sick. I was thinking of getting some music labels maybe, since music is my life <3 Probably won't tho since tats are **still** frowned upon in the business world :/ feelsbadman
Vhan8765 (NA)
: These look pretty badass tbh; what's wrong with getting a tattoo of something you have a general interest in?
> [{quoted}](name=Vhan8765,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3l7JJ39x,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-12-10T15:55:26.861+0000) > > These look pretty badass tbh; what&#x27;s wrong with getting a tattoo of something you have a general interest in? I just find it a little funny to get a **permanent** tattoo of teemo, and a very large one at that, on your arm. Not hating on anyone, I just find it funny, mainly because he's meemed but people still will get it tattooed. All just for fun man
: I mean, I have a Demacia one, so I can't judge, among other weeb tattoos.
> [{quoted}](name=WhiteUranium,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3l7JJ39x,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-10T15:44:46.674+0000) > > I mean, I have a Demacia one, so I can&#x27;t judge, among other weeb tattoos. That's at least a *little* better than teemo haha
Show more

0racle0912

Level 70 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion