: That bitch! {{sticker:sg-ezreal}}
> [{quoted}](name=Sinful Succubus,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k93ET6KG,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T11:46:52.008+0000) > > That bitch! > > > {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} I see what you did there.
: did you try acquiring a cat?
> [{quoted}](name=Sinful Succubus,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k93ET6KG,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T06:52:31.283+0000) > > did you try acquiring a cat? No, but I have a dog. She’s my best friend.
: > [{quoted}](name=A Friendless Boy,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ep60E3ft,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-10T14:03:10.553+0000) > > I’m just a potato but don’t anger me—just in case we meet on EUW. Mehhh I would destroy you no matter where we met....unless it's irl because that would be murder.
> [{quoted}](name=MustardTigerMK,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ep60E3ft,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-12T02:32:23.525+0000) > > Mehhh I would destroy you no matter where we met....unless it's irl because that would be murder. (;_;)
: Alright I'm done with the moderators
Or maybe start communicating with others like a human being?
1SPIRIT (EUW)
: I've already made several points in the main post about why I believe the ban is wrong. You can't say the system never bans unjustly, you have no way of knowing. But I'm wasting my time on these boards. Clearly nobody wants to actually hear what I'm saying, but rather look at the chat logs out of context and draw conclusions without considering anything else. As I said to someone else, imagine if the justice system worked like this: A select few facts are shown, with several facts missing, zero context and no arguments from either the defendant or the prosecutor, then the jury decides what is right or wrong based on that. I'm just going to stop playing the game. Not only is riot wrongfully banning people, but they are creating a ridiculous culture of which this forum is evidence of. I want no part of it, so I'm out.
> [{quoted}](name=1SPIRIT,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Q6QG18Ev,comment-id=00010000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-11T19:10:26.854+0000) > > I’ve already made several points in the main post about why I believe the ban is wrong. You can’t say the system never bans unjustly, you have no way of knowing. But I’m wasting my time on these boards. Clearly nobody wants to actually hear what I’m saying, but rather look at the chat logs out of context and draw conclusions without considering anything else. As I said to someone else, imagine if the justice system worked like this: A select few facts are shown, with several facts missing, zero context and no arguments from either the defendant or the prosecutor, then the jury decides what is right or wrong based on that. > > I’m just going to stop playing the game. Not only is riot wrongfully banning people, but they are creating a ridiculous culture of which this forum is evidence of. I want no part of it, so I’m out. What else is there consider besides the chat logs? How you’d try to shift the blame saying the other guy started it? You still behaved badly, anybody with some common sense can deduce that, it’s all right there. One player doing X doesn’t give you the right to display such behaviour. >nobody wants to actually hear what I’m saying I mean, what you’re doing here is not according to common sense; you act like your ban was *objectively* unjust, whereas it’s not the case. You’re just looking to validate your belief that your ban was undeserved.
Rioter Comments
: Chances of being punished without flaming or being toxic?
If you did nothing wrong you won’t be punished, no matter how many angry premades report you.
: > A Friendless Boy :( I'll be your friend.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k93ET6KG,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-11T15:39:51.063+0000) > > :( I'll be your friend. Please be. I’m so lonely it’s depressing. :(
Terozu (NA)
: What is most iconic to Urgot's upper body?
: What an actual joke of a report system
>So you’re not allowed to be truthful anymore, when you can clearly see my team are literally trolling and being abusive. It’s not abusive if I’m saying Ali is trolling when he actually is indeed trolling. Eye for an eye and the world goes blind.
: Did URF come out?
~~Yes, URF is now one of us 🌈~~ No, my client does not feature URF in the gamemode list.
1SPIRIT (EUW)
: Interesting information, but to dish out a permanent ban like in this case, I think actually breaking the rules needs to be a bare minimum - the machine learning system isn't perfect, as is evidenced in this case. The people saying I deserve the ban refuse to actually discuss the topic - they are to my eyes clearly going into the thread with an obvious bias towards agreeing with riot. They look at the chatlogs, refuse to look at context, my arguments or anything - they just want me to be wrong. When faced with a game with trolls, inters, griefers, harassers, replying in the manner I did is very obviously not "below community standards". In fact, most people who has played LoL would characterize it as completely reasonable. When taken out of context and made to look bad, it doesn't even look bad - I show I am focused on winning, not breaking any rules, and moving on with it after stating my subjective opinion about what is happening in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=1SPIRIT,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Q6QG18Ev,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-11T15:14:46.080+0000) > > Interesting information, but to dish out a permanent ban like in this case, I think actually breaking the rules needs to be a bare minimum - the machine learning system isn’t perfect, as is evidenced in this case. > > The people saying I deserve the ban refuse to actually discuss the topic - they are to my eyes clearly going into the thread with an obvious bias towards agreeing with riot. They look at the chatlogs, refuse to look at context, my arguments or anything - they just want me to be wrong. > > When faced with a game with trolls, inters, griefers, harassers, replying in the manner I did is very obviously not "below community standards". In fact, most people who has played LoL would characterize it as completely reasonable. When taken out of context and made to look bad, it doesn’t even look bad - I show I am focused on winning, not breaking any rules, and moving on with it after stating my subjective opinion about what is happening in the game. \>Interesting information, but to dish out a permanent ban like in this case, I think actually breaking the rules needs to be a bare minimum - the machine learning system isn’t perfect, as is evidenced in this case. This is purely based on your personal bias. Manmade things can never be perfect, but the system never gives unjust punishment—and before you say you *did* get punished unjustly, no, you didn’t. It’s all there in the chat logs. I’ve never got an unjust punishment, nor has anybody I know. I sense you’re only here to find people to validate your views, of which you won’t really find a lot (well, apart from those that are biased towards Riot and its systems because they are butthurt from receiving similar punishments). If you read through the chat logs you provided and cannot see the wrong in your behaviour—and please don’t take it as an offence, one only needs some common sense to see it, I fear nobody in this comment section will be able to convince you.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k93ET6KG,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-11T14:12:08.122+0000) > > Ho-ly-shit you type so fucking much that you aren’t playing the game! Huh, well, what can I say, League is a perfect alternative to WhatsApp. /s
1SPIRIT (EUW)
: Thats what we are here to discuss - whether it is objectively wrong or not. I wouldn't complain if I was just mad and wanted my account back. I'd just either quit the game or get a new account. I am complaining because I truly believe this is an objectively unjust ban. Asking for reports against someone literally trolling and griefing shouldn't be a bannable offense, and I haven't seen that it is. Could you direct me to that? You would have to make a pretty liberal interpretation of the summoners code to say that is a bannable offsense to ask for a report against someone literally ruining the game by trolling and griefing. Again, that person made the game negative. Despite of this, I played to the fullest and attempted to win. That is the kind of player Riot wants rid with?
> [{quoted}](name=1SPIRIT,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Q6QG18Ev,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-11T13:31:30.846+0000) > > Thats what we are here to discuss - whether it is objectively wrong or not. I wouldn’t complain if I was just mad and wanted my account back. I’d just either quit the game or get a new account. I am complaining because I truly believe this is an objectively unjust ban. > > Asking for reports against someone literally trolling and griefing shouldn’t be a bannable offense, and I haven’t seen that it is. Could you direct me to that? You would have to make a pretty liberal interpretation of the summoners code to say that is a bannable offsense to ask for a report against someone literally ruining the game by trolling and griefing. Again, that person made the game negative. Despite of this, I played to the fullest and attempted to win. That is the kind of player Riot wants rid with? The Summoner’s Code is merely just a set of guidelines. It was said in an article a very long time ago when the current instant feedback system was new that, “Your reports help the instant feedback system understand and punish the kind of verbal harassment the community actively rejects: homophobia, racism, sexism, death threats, and other forms of excessive abuse.” (source: [New player reform system heads into testing](https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/player-behavior/new-player-reform-system-heads-testing) \) The system does not only punish those that break the Summoner’s Code but also what the community considers unacceptable behaviour. To my knowledge, the Summoner’s Code doesn’t say not to be racist, but it’s clear that you must not be. After reading some articles about the Instant Feedback system, I think I can assume it’s based on machine learning technology, which means it learns from the tens of thousands of reports if not millions, to learn what people on average consider bad behaviour, ergo the community plays a huge part in shaping the system. A good few people in this thread have also voiced their disapproval of your behaviour based on your chat log, so basing off that and that the system *did* punish you (which, has hypothetically learned from thousands of player reports over the course of 5 years), the behaviour you displayed did not live up to community standards.
1SPIRIT (EUW)
: I obviously wish I had turned off the chat, and had I known this is something you get permanently banned for, I would of course not even type in the first place. In the main post, I've made points about why I believe this isn't rule breaking behavior. I am discussing, without using slurs or inflammatory comments, with a player that is literally griefing and trolling our game. Me being a paying customer is relevant because spending money on their products means that there needs to be a certain bar for them to remove those products. Now if I had broken the rules and deserved the ban, then I must accept losing access to those purchases. But since the ban is wrong, Riot shouldn't take away the products I've purchased. Further, banning a paying customer undeservedly is just bad business.
> [{quoted}](name=1SPIRIT,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Q6QG18Ev,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-11T12:21:47.299+0000) > > I obviously wish I had turned off the chat, and had I known this is something you get permanently banned for, I would of course not even type in the first place. > > In the main post, I’ve made points about why I believe this isn’t rule breaking behavior. I am discussing, without using slurs or inflammatory comments, with a player that is literally griefing and trolling our game. > > Me being a paying customer is relevant because spending money on their products means that there needs to be a certain bar for them to remove those products. Now if I had broken the rules and deserved the ban, then I must accept losing access to those purchases. But since the ban is wrong, Riot shouldn’t take away the products I’ve purchased. Further, banning a paying customer undeservedly is just bad business. The problem is, *you* think it’s undeserved and wrong. That doesn’t mean it’s objectively wrong. Just because you don’t use slurs and explicitly offensive words, you can still be breaking the rules. For one, you showed negative behaviour and for two, you were soliciting reports against someone. Two things that are irrelevant in a game where teamwork is important. You can rage silently afterwards, but while the game is running, this behaviour may further detriment others’ performance. Psychological presurre in a competitive game where, without social interaction, the gameplay alone can be quite stressful is really not the best tool. When you make payment to Riot, you’re not buying them or put them under the obligation to do as you say. This won’t put you in position to complain because you paid. Instead, look at purchasing RP as a donation.
1SPIRIT (EUW)
: I received an unfair permaban
What are these, then, cinnamon rolls? >1SPIRIT: just go next 1SPIRIT: and 9x kayle 1SPIRIT: its that easy 1SPIRIT: report 1SPIRIT: can we just go next? 1SPIRIT: i dont want to play a 30 minute game with a troll 1SPIRIT: and lose 1SPIRIT: get tower 1SPIRIT: nobody cares 1SPIRIT: you ruined our game - 1SPIRIT: this is unwinnable cause you keep feeding, its fine. Not my fault, I’ll just go next. Someone doing something does not give you the right to be “argumentative” (= insisting on negative attitude in this very case). You could’ve turned off the chat and in that case you would’ve just walked away having lost a few LPs, since you were losing either way. But leaving it on has not only lost you LP but your account as well. You being a paying customer is not even relevant. You can’t buy humanity.
: I think each player's surrender vote should be weighted differently
If you wanna surrender play TFT—there only your vote matters. I have had games that my team easily gave up when we did have a chance to win. Frankly, it’s ironic how people who want to give up so easily play a game in which characters promote perseverance and fighting with all you got. Where did that spirit go? Game is going bad? Well, take that as an opportunity to learn. Observe the enemy, how they use their combos, what they build, etc. Silver linings.
: Ok, I'm drawing my foot down now
Long answer: Because those champs are played way more than Rek’Sai (_from what I’ve seen_) so they are likely to sell better. Short answer: B/c Riot wants the $$$.
: Sell champions?
One of Riot’s main goal is for players to play as much as they can. Grinding to be able to purchase a champion allows for this plan to work, and since they (Riot) have nothing in it for them, in fact, they could lose large amounts of playtime, I see this feature highly unlikely to be implemented any time soon.
: The system needs to be changed. immediately.
Err, you can disable both [Allied] and [All] in the Interface menu.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Friendless Boy,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gpBX6xJT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-10T15:25:49.689+0000) > > Shit, why aren’t you in the marketing department at Riot yet? Geniuses are often underestimated.
> [{quoted}](name=Trias000,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gpBX6xJT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T16:07:43.113+0000) > > Geniuses are often underestimated. Here you go my dear Sir / Madam / w/e: https://www.riotgames.com/en/work-with-us/jobs
: Honoring opponents could reduce toxicity.
Both honouring opponents and featuring numbers of honours on the player profile were kinda a thing back in the old client days and did not reduce toxicity in the slightest.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: @Riot Here's how to squeeze more $$$money$$$ out of players $$$$$$$ €€€€€€€€ ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ ££££££
: HEY everyone, you better watch out!
I’m just a potato but don’t anger me—just in case we meet on EUW.
: I still help and still did better then this troll BUT GETS BAN
1. Doesn’t matter if you put “retad” or the properly spellt version. Your intention was clear. 2. I don’t know why “gay” is used as an insult. 3. Throwing a tantrum and messing up someone’s game because someone “took your lane” is as disgraceful as the person who takes your lane. I’ve had my lane taken by others too, but this is not the answer. If you don’t see how your behaviour is toxic, then I really don’t know what to say.
: Old summoners rift
Tbh I liked the good old, dark, magical, swampy forest and I would play on that map anyday.
Just Cat (EUW)
: Euw Servers are gone
It was a problem on Cloudflare’s end and affected other services like Discord.
: @Riot Repertoir where is Shaco?
Shaco? Pfft, who cares about Shaco? What we **truly **need is a 601st rework for Ryze. ######/s
SkosGo (NA)
: Stop making 1 token worth 10 BE
But what if I only need 10-20 BE to buy a content I want and don’t want to spend the rest?
Prandine (NA)
: Suggestions to improve Teamfight Tactics.
Erm… Earning XP from it would be a great start.
MrStylish (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Friendless Boy,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VJ1KiUT4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-05T12:08:14.751+0000) > > If you're from the UK, you have an option to buy RP worth £15 (2330 RP). > > If you're paying in Euro, you have 2 options. You either buy RP worth €20 or buy two smaller bundles. If you don't want to spend €20, first buy RP worth €10 (1380 RP) then buy again for €5 (650 RP). You'll spend €15 which is a good middle way between €10 and €20. You save €5. Yeah but 10€ is worth 1580 rp isn't it??
> [{quoted}](name=MrStylish,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VJ1KiUT4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-05T12:41:25.911+0000) > > Yeah but 10€ is worth 1580 rp isn't it?? [As of March 5th, 2019, RP prices have been increased.](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/store-update/rp-update-cost-and-refunds) Now when I go to Shop -> Purchase RP, RP bundles show up as following: | Pound Sterling | -> | Amount of RP| |:---|:---:|:---| |£5|->|730 RP| |£10|->|1520 RP| |£15|->|2330 RP| |£20|->|3080 RP| |£35|->|5480 RP| |£50|->|7920 RP| | Euro |->| Amount of RP| |:---|:---:|:---| |€2.50|->|310 RP| |€5|->|650 RP| |€10|->|1380 RP| |€20|->|2800 RP| |€35|->|5000 RP| |€50|->|7200 RP| You can also check these prices to make sure you pay the correct amount by following the same method to navigate to the RP purchase window.
MrStylish (EUW)
: 1820 rp prob..
If you're from the UK, you have an option to buy RP worth £15 (2330 RP). If you're paying in Euro, you have 2 options. You either buy RP worth €20 or buy two smaller bundles. If you don't want to spend €20, first buy RP worth €10 (1380 RP) then buy again for €5 (650 RP). You'll spend €15 which is a good middle way between €10 and €20. You save €5.
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: I don't see how a correct punishment system where it detects things and punishes appropriately fails to punish the behavior in my example. Calling someone a dog is derrogative, but it's not a big deal. Death wishes though is a whole different thing. All I understand is that Riot's punishment system is a joke. To me, it should be instantly perma ban status to someone who acts that way.
People in the community have different views. While one would instantly ban, but say, [this person would beg to differ](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/JvNJ1j1I-tilted-in-one-game14-days-ban-instantly). >All I understand is that Riot's punishment system is a joke. That's okay, because no matter what change Riot make there'll always be someone who says it's rubbish, no matter what the direction. I think first the community should make up their mind, not Riot...
Quáx (NA)
: You cannot 1v1 Udyr. No matter how hard you try or how hard you hit him. If you two are even he will always beat you. He heals, he has grievous wounds, and he runs FAST AS FUC BOIIIIII.
That's why I was suggesting that he play as Udyr. Pick or ban him and problem is solved.
faure (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Friendless Boy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8RLxt6Wi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-04T17:04:16.891+0000) > > If he is a "brainless champ" the gameplay of which is "literally just smashing buttons" then you shouldn't have problem playing as him and carry the game. Who knows, you might be even grateful to the champ. I feel like you've missed my central thesis, which is that this brainless and oppressive early game champ transitions into being useless in the endgame with zero in between, but okay
If you oppress the enemy early game then that's chance for you to win, isn't it? You can oppress enemies and team up and try to win as soon as possible before you become useless. If you cause them significant disadvantage they will be in a harder position to come back.
faure (NA)
: Udyr is a stupid, brainless champ that needs a rework
>Seriously, what is the counterplay? If he is a "brainless champ" the gameplay of which is "literally just smashing buttons" then you shouldn't have problem playing as him and carry the game. Who knows, you might be even grateful to the champ.
Phenom107 (EUNE)
: Please RIOT make SIVIR (visual) great again!!
Sivir's already been reworked visually so I wouldn't add her as high priority to the list. I think Rammus, Zilean, Udyr and Nocturne (off the top of my head) need better visuals. And I don't mean pretty spell FX, that's like putting plaster on a broken arm. I mean new models and lively animations with new VO.
Mártir (EUW)
: Why dont we get "free wins" (In promo), from Platinum IV, upwards? I dont get it.
It's supposed to be a challenge. If you truly possess the skills to climb up then I'm sure you eventually will be up there. But your rank is supposed to show how you've beaten challenges thrown at you; how well you've worked with each of your teams you've been with so far; how effective your ways, strategies have been---how you've **_mastered_** the game. Those who aren't suitable to be Platinum will be eventually demoted (those who lose more LP than they gain per win is for a reason) and those who truly are Plat should have no problem climbing up or at least retaining their position.
: Screenshot
Has it been lifted?
Rioter Comments
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: Riot "enabling" this sort of behavior.
I mean, I know this behaviour is upsetting and all, but the system does not punish right away. If he keeps doing it I'm sure actions will be taken. I, by the way, have just finished a game where our Mundo was calling our Zed a dog. Not just once. Every time he died (he died 15 times but wasn't inting--- he was only having a bad day) Mundo went, "THIS ZED IS A REAL DOG" (I quoted word-by-word). I believe a chat restriction could be in order, but then it doesn't fall upon me to judge the situation. Don't care about it. The person has to live with himself, but you'll probably never see him again. I think it's enough punishment if someone has to live being on such lowermost behaviour probably all the time.
otaruz (NA)
: Does RIOT even look at these poll or the community board? email them this link
Sent them an e-mail last year about something else. Haven't got a response since. Not even a "Fuck you, mate." I don't think they care that much.
: Banned For Abusive Chat
I’d take the inexperienced player. I would hate if it ever fell upon anyone to point out other's flaws and mistakes. Sorry, but if said person is so fucking better, he probably wouldn't have been matched up with me. The team / one 'mate drags him down and then starts crying it's the their fault, and can't carry? Then we are not that so fucking good, are we. Your team are people with whom you are stuck on an abandoned island and you have to survive. Even if they are what you claim to be bad, you are stuck with them so you'll have to work with that. I, personally, don't respond to pings because I mute them all. Sorry, fellow EU Westerners, but thank those who misuse pings in a disgusting way by spamming it to question whatever I'm doing. Same goes for chat. You best be a Legilimens if you want to communicate with me.
: > [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Tb1PgYaP,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-04-03T01:20:35.141+0000) > > Other than the mute button, you are allowed to stand up for yourself - provided what you say isn't inflammatory, or along the lines of what they're presumably saying to you. > > However, I will stress: for the sake of the game, say your piece, mute them, and focus on your gameplay. Let them continue to screw themselves over, and your team will almost certainly take note of who's still playing, and who's too tilted to function. > > Continued responses to the same garbage over and over again is a waste of time. Make your statement, mute them and let the kid have their aneurism, and do what you came to do - play some LoL. Muting is not the answer. Muting someone is a horrible feeling. It feels like your giving up and you can’t win. I used to mute people every time they became toxic but it got to the point where it was so often it just felt like I was muting people for no reason and it was a horrible feeling.
It should not feel bad, though. I start my games by muting everybody, pings included. My perspective is that those trying to flame me are just sad keyboard fighters unworthy of my time and energy even to respond back. May be a smug attitude, but it defends me from the shit hitting the fan. At the end of the day, this is a game that requires attention and focus, it ain't no Facebook chat. Feels like giving up? There are two ways to learn: the hard way (actually muting and accepting whatever you think doing so means to you) and the harder way (the game punishes you).
: Cutlass is already expansive enough and you are rising the cost
Mate… You can gather that extra 100G from another minion wave. 3 x 14 + 3 x 21 = 105 If a Siege minion comes too then you get an additional 60-90G. Quick mafs bruh.
: nurf
Your mage teammate(s) could also buy this item and there goes “too much AP” to your team power.
: New Miss Fortune Dance?
There most certainly are plenty of champs that need a little polishing, amongst which being Miss Fortune. However, I would not put her to the top of the list. Compared to, say, Udyr, who has slices of pizza for feet, MF is fine. But I hope eventually in the following years Riot will get around to updating all outdated champion models and animations as they have enough talent to remake animations and stuff.
Rioter Comments
Jikker (NA)
: Agree about the voiceover, but given that very few have kept their old VA, I doubt Ez will get his back =/
Yes unfortunately. Savour the old while you can. :p
: Ezreal Gameplay Preview | League of Legends
I’ve feared this day would come. His voice is horrendous, just simply isn’t pleasant to listen to. This update has made him too girly in my eyes, and if the type of VO lines like the one at the end of the video will be swarming, then I’m done. Also, why change the Pulsefire skin again, when it was changed last year? It may look better, but then last year’s efforts were in vain and waste of time, money, and energy. Kyle’s voice is actually so much better than this horror. Please hire Kyle. But to say something good too… His gauntlet looks good.
Show more

A Friendless Boy

Level 103 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion