ßlameMyADC (EUNE)
: How often do you guys encounter toxicity in your games?
I see minor toxicity in every game. The frequency is pretty similar between EUW and NA, but the content tends to be different. On NA it's a lot more whining and giving up than on EUW.
: What do you expect when you flame your teammates?
I don't flame people, it's not like there's any point to it.
: My friend got banned for saying Heil Hitler and %%%%%% in game.
: Riot: want to know why people dont like playing support? Read within
I've mained support since s1 and, yea, people bitch at you sometimes. Better to just hit the mute button and not take it to heart.
Keyru (NA)
: Boards Moderation Discord Verification
: It's Time We Had a Serious Conversation About the Report System
if you're not getting punished despite consistent toxicity, it's more likely an issue with your teammates just not reporting you for it. That's also what would halt honor progress.
Mus (NA)
: Hey Riot and Community! Anyone Honor 5 yet?
: > [{quoted}](name=A Pretty Unicorn,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=0003000100000001000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-06-01T03:26:34.171+0000) > > Sex is not a thing anyone is entitled to, ever. Wrong, I can come up with a few situations right now. 1.If a man calls a woman his gf he is entitled to it. Otherwise they are not bf and gf, they are acquaintances. 2. If a man Marries a woman, and they want a family, the man is entitled to it, or else the wife isn’t keeping her end of the deal, and they won’t have a family. 3. If a paid woman is selling it, the man is entitled to it, that’s how business works.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=00030001000000010000000000000000000000010001,timestamp=2018-06-01T06:42:55.607+0000) > > Wrong, I can come up with a few situations right now. > 1.If a man calls a woman his gf he is entitled to it. Otherwise they are not bf and gf, they are acquaintances. > > 2. If a man Marries a woman, and they want a family, the man is entitled to it, or else the wife isn’t keeping her end of the deal, and they won’t have a family. > > 3. If a paid woman is selling it, the man is entitled to it, that’s how business works. Being married or in a relationship with someone does not mean you get to have sex with them whenever you want regardless of what they want. Relationships aren't a ticket to freely rape someone. Even if you pay someone for sex, they can still revoke their consent, that's how consent works. They should give you your money back, but they can still change their mind.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=000300010000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-31T15:49:57.627+0000) > > Where, I don’t see any explanation. Sex is not a thing anyone is entitled to, ever.
: > [{quoted}](name=A Pretty Unicorn,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=000300010000000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-31T11:29:37.053+0000) > > Buying dinner for a person doesn't suddenly make you entitled to anything from them. You didn’t explain why. You just restated what you said. Do you not know the difference?
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=0003000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-31T13:15:01.233+0000) > > You didn’t explain why. You just restated what you said. Do you not know the difference? I, in fact, did explain why your attitude is poor. It's not my fault that you can't tell the difference. :^)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Pretty Unicorn,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=0003000100000001,timestamp=2018-05-31T01:46:08.220+0000) > > Yes Why? Explain.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=00030001000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-31T05:11:18.311+0000) > > Why? Explain. Buying dinner for a person doesn't suddenly make you entitled to anything from them.
Goju (NA)
: It should not take 5-6 rounds to start a ARAM
I mean, if dodging didn't get rid of the undesired random champion, that'd help stop people from doing it as much.
: > [{quoted}](name=A Cynical Asian,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-05-30T09:33:56.407+0000) > > This is a terrible mindset. You shouldn't be able to buy your way into special treatment regarding standards of behavior. > > That being said, I wish the system itself could be overhauled to be more lenient because I've seen a couple extremely borderline cases of permabans where I thought Riot was too overboard with their judgement. At least you have some sense about you in saying the penalties need to be more lenient. But! Why is it a terrible mindset if I think you should be able to buy special treatment? If I go to the club and want to buy special treatment with my money, and get bottle service, women serving me, and my own table while everyone else has to go to the bar stool or dance floor, is that a terrible mindset too? If I see a house, and want to pay money to be able to live inside that house because I like it, is that a terrible mindset because I think payin money should buy the ability to behave differently, in this case go into the house? If I fly on a plane, and want to pay more to sit in the front of the plane, instead of with the whelps on the belly of the plane, is that a terrible mindset? If I buy a really nice dinner on a date, and expect to get something in return, is that a terrible mindset? If you really think that is a terrible mindset, please explain why you think this, and how it is out of touch with reality.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2018-05-30T18:41:47.200+0000)If I buy a really nice dinner on a date, and expect to get something in return, is that a terrible mindset? Yes
Goju (NA)
: It should not take 5-6 rounds to start a ARAM
Kimuto (NA)
: Getting pair up with a group of 4s.
When I played on NA, my biggest issue if I played in a premade 4 was the solo person flaming us on principle because we were premade (when we hadn't said or done anything). The ban premade inquisition is more likely about people only talking about the negative experiences and ignoring the neutral/positive ones. Then again, NA is such a bitch fest that I immediately hate myself if I log on again and actually play a game.
For Rose (NA)
: I feel like this is slightly unfair
You're welcome to get angry with yourself; just lay off the hate speech.
: Posting half naked photos is low, but not illegal. Saying a death threat online is not illegal. It is only an issue if the person shows intent such as being around the area of said person, etc. Please stop being ignorant. Ddosing is seen as a bigger offense than death threats as you deny someones paid service, potentially in mass. People go to jail for years for ddosing. Incarnation(jensen) ddosed but got unbanned. Should stop talking like you have any credibility in weighing on what's right/wrong and whats bad/worse.
> [{quoted}](name=IS2cc045cb42356,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ZFOsqs1E,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T06:06:40.810+0000) > > Posting half naked photos is low, but not illegal. > > Saying a death threat online is not illegal. It is only an issue if the person shows intent such as being around the area of said person, etc. Please stop being ignorant. > > Ddosing is seen as a bigger offense than death threats as you deny someones paid service, potentially in mass. People go to jail for years for ddosing. Incarnation(jensen) ddosed but got unbanned. > > Should stop talking like you have any credibility in weighing on what's right/wrong and whats bad/worse. Posting such pictures of a person without their explicit consent is illegal in many states
: Have them check if its the same IP that has been logged in from.
> [{quoted}](name=Zapzz,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w2IUAABP,comment-id=0000000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-30T08:39:58.942+0000) > > Have them check if its the same IP that has been logged in from. They check that already
Risen29 (NA)
: I don't care if the Tribunal was backlogged on cases - at least it still worked
A constantly backlogged punishment system is a great example of one that doesn't work.
: Are Honor Checkpoints working? 0 Checkpoints here. :'(
I just got checkpoint 3 of 3 for honor 3, myself.
: >THIS IS JUST FOR SURVEYING PURPOSES. Then wouldn't it be better to make a poll instead of trying to hijack the voting system? I would recommend the following options; - I have not been chat restricted - I have been chat restricted one time - I have been chat restricted several times - I have received a 2 week ban before - I have been perma-banned before - I have been perma-banned multiple times So that you can get the most information.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bml9QjFs,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-23T20:02:18.908+0000) > > Then wouldn't it be better to make a poll instead of trying to hijack the voting system? > > I would recommend the following options; > > - I have not been chat restricted > - I have been chat restricted one time > - I have been chat restricted several times > - I have received a 2 week ban before > - I have been perma-banned before > - I have been perma-banned multiple times > > So that you can get the most information. the option "I have never received a punishment" is missing from that, you need a control
Vaskalair (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=s3FATxsn,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-21T16:44:42.921+0000) > > Then you should make it easier for people to read. > > You are the content creator, you are responsible to make your content engaging. Other people read it, i think you're just lazy but whatever, next time ill try to add some pictures to draw your attention, sorry my paragraph isn't engaging enough. Sorry.
> [{quoted}](name=Vaskalair,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=s3FATxsn,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-21T16:47:01.245+0000) > > Other people read it, i think you're just lazy but whatever, next time ill try to add some pictures to draw your attention, sorry my paragraph isn't engaging enough. Sorry. It's not a paragraph, it's a wall of text.
Vaskalair (EUW)
: Why is Perma banning a thing
Riot used to have near permanent chat bans; people would often turn to gameplay toxicity when they couldn't flame.
: > [{quoted}](name=A Pretty Unicorn,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=a6igBaVH,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-20T10:50:57.312+0000) > > This game is primarily played by men and young men. In many places, we're taught from a young age that showing negative emotion besides anger is showing weakness. > > When anger is the only "appropriate" outlet you're offered, handling other emotions is very difficult. I was never taught that? Also there is no such thing as a negative emotion. there are undesirable emotions that you dont want to feel or deal with. But no emotion is negative. What you choose to do with that emotion can be negative though. An this goes back to your point that people do not understand their own emotions or how to handle emotions that they do not desire. Only a person who is Emotionally retarded would teach that kind of thinking to someone. So basically you agree with me then? The average person is Emotionally retarded Because they were never taught how to handle their emotions properly because they were raised by other emotionally retarded people. An the core issue has nothing to do with holding it in vs letting it out but rather peoples inability to deal with basic factors like emotions that run their lives. TLDR the average person has no clue about how they think feel or act so its impossible for them to relate to how others think feel or act and this has been perpetuated by society for so long its to the point of being able to call it a mental handicap although factually id say 80% of the world have this handicap so its just normal.
> [{quoted}](name=YOU SO BAD,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=a6igBaVH,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-04-21T03:44:50.536+0000) > > I was never taught that? Also there is no such thing as a negative emotion. there are undesirable emotions that you dont want to feel or deal with. But no emotion is negative. What you choose to do with that emotion can be negative though. An this goes back to your point that people do not understand their own emotions or how to handle emotions that they do not desire. Only a person who is Emotionally retarded would teach that kind of thinking to someone. So basically you agree with me then? The average person is Emotionally retarded Because they were never taught how to handle their emotions properly because they were raised by other emotionally retarded people. An the core issue has nothing to do with holding it in vs letting it out but rather peoples inability to deal with basic factors like emotions that run their lives. > > > TLDR the average person has no clue about how they think feel or act so its impossible for them to relate to how others think feel or act and this has been perpetuated by society for so long its to the point of being able to call it a mental handicap although factually id say 80% of the world have this handicap so its just normal. Interesting. No one ever told you to "man up" because you were crying? No one implied it wasn't masculine to be sad or depressed or anxious or some other undesirable emotion besides anger? You're lucky then. It's not "people", most women handle their emotions better, or, at the very least, feel less shame in asking for help.
: If your getting so upset that you need to verbally abuse people over a game then you have serious issues and need to seek professional care. Its that simple. Getting frustrated is human sure no big deal. its more about how you deal with that frustration, But when you feel the need to spew negativity at other people for any reason cuz your feeling down upset sad mad whatever then you have issues and need to get help. The real issue here is not weather bottling it up or letting it out is better or worse for someone. The real issue is why do so many people not have the basic tools to help them handle emotions that they dont like.
> [{quoted}](name=YOU SO BAD,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=a6igBaVH,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-20T07:01:25.979+0000) > > If your getting so upset that you need to verbally abuse people over a game then you have serious issues and need to seek professional care. > > Its that simple. Getting frustrated is human sure no big deal. its more about how you deal with that frustration, But when you feel the need to spew negativity at other people for any reason cuz your feeling down upset sad mad whatever then you have issues and need to get help. > > The real issue here is not weather bottling it up or letting it out is better or worse for someone. > > The real issue is why do so many people not have the basic tools to help them handle emotions that they dont like. This game is primarily played by men and young men. In many places, we're taught from a young age that showing negative emotion besides anger is showing weakness. When anger is the only "appropriate" outlet you're offered, handling other emotions is very difficult.
: I wrote in the original post that I am not trying to excuse rule breaking I'm doing a medical inquiry.
> [{quoted}](name=Muted Observer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=a6igBaVH,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-04-20T06:10:37.979+0000) > > I wrote in the original post that I am not trying to excuse rule breaking I'm doing a medical inquiry. My point is that someone who says their health is affected by not being able to flame needs to acknowledge they have a problem that they need help with. I know you're not excusing that behavior, but **they** are.
: (Long post) I just hope someone will listen
You had a chance, more than one actually.
: Mental Health and Open Toxicity
If someone feels their inability to be toxic is causing any sort of health problems, they should seek help. I suffer from clinical depression and GAD (severe enough that I **need** medication to help me manage), I know struggling through mental illness is hard, but it simply doesn't excuse breaking the rules.
: I have a few questions
Ifneth (NA)
: Aw, good for you! :) If I might ask, how'd it happen?
> [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UUxWgENP,comment-id=000f00000000,timestamp=2018-04-13T02:05:10.604+0000) > > Aw, good for you! :) If I might ask, how'd it happen? Long story, but the initial meeting actually happened because we both used to be active on ~~MOBAFail~~ MOBAFire (coming up on five years ago now lol).
: I don't get why guys are sexist in the first place. As a guy, I think girls playing video games is awesome. I've made a couple of friends off of here that are female, and some of them are really cute. I have no idea why you'd ruin your chances with a girl by acting like a child. And no, I don't try to flirt with girls on here. They tend to flirt with me first, possibly because I treat them as equals. Man-hating, women-hating, we don't need that. I think Riot did well when they published that piece on real relationships that came out of league.
> [{quoted}](name=Anti Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UUxWgENP,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-04-13T01:27:29.009+0000) > > I don't get why guys are sexist in the first place. As a guy, I think girls playing video games is awesome. I've made a couple of friends off of here that are female, and some of them are really cute. I have no idea why you'd ruin your chances with a girl by acting like a child. And no, I don't try to flirt with girls on here. They tend to flirt with me first, possibly because I treat them as equals. Man-hating, women-hating, we don't need that. I think Riot did well when they published that piece on real relationships that came out of league. I mean, I'm a guy, but I met my boyfriend through this game and it's pretty great tbh.
Arammus (EUW)
: why is sexism not in the 0 tolerance categorie?
The victim blaming in this thread is awful. No reason women shouldn't be able to use their names in their summoner names just like the rest of us.
Kekyi (EUNE)
: Punishment Levels in League (Please spread the word, this might actually be a good idea rofl)
I've been playing since 2010 and I've never been warned, let alone punished. The hypothesis that everyone will eventually be punished is just not true.
Lux OP (NA)
: The state of the report system in ranked play
"Newb support" only tells you that the ADC feels the need to bitch, nothing else.
remakoro (EUNE)
: Sweet summer child. By whom it cant be misconstructed? Surely it most likely wont get you banned. But it easily, REALLY easily can provoke someone.
> [{quoted}](name=remakoro,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Hb8bFVew,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-04-08T21:48:47.130+0000) > > Sweet summer child. By whom it cant be misconstructed? Surely it most likely wont get you banned. But it easily, REALLY easily can provoke someone. I haven't really found that, personally.
: How to improve behaviour? (while not being passive)
"Is this constructive?" is a response that can't really be misconstrued as disrespectful.
Cowsep (NA)
: Cowsep's Response AND a great chance to talk about KOREAN SERVER toxicity!!
My experience playing on both has been that the difference in verbal toxicity isn't significant enough to stop me from playing primarily on EUW, but people on NA are way more willing to just give up and AFK or straight up int if they don't get what they want.
82kill (NA)
: I almost always leave the game as it ends before the Victory/Defeat animation starts to save myself the 30seconds or more that it takes otherwise to get to the next queue.
> [{quoted}](name=82kill,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zrkeAFmh,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-03-30T01:34:54.900+0000) > > I almost always leave the game as it ends before the Victory/Defeat animation starts to save myself the 30seconds or more that it takes otherwise to get to the next queue. 30 whole seconds? Wow. However do those of us who don't leave early survive? /s
: ARAM & ARURF champion select abandoning
The solution is to make it so that if you dodge and queue up for another AR game after the timer, you get the same champion.
: what can i do against a toxic premade?
One report (per offender, I assume) is all it takes to flag a game for review, it doesn't matter if they're a premade or not.
Rioter Comments
SWATCOLE (NA)
: Riot should consider revising their "zero tolerance on homophobic slurs" policy. Here's why.
Please do not presume to understand why I find it offensive. I find it offensive because it is a word that, for most of my life, has almost exclusively been used to threaten, insult, and otherwise mistreat me and others, not because someone told me it should offend me. I'm not saying you think it's okay to use it to insult people, but you _are_ trying to normalize the use of a slur. That's exactly what this is about.
: I guess I can agree on the basis that there are people who do still use it with the slur meaning. I just really don't want it to go the same way as the n-word.
> [{quoted}](name=Votable Jester,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E5VEhPeY,comment-id=0001000000000000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-14T01:31:52.882+0000) > > I guess I can agree on the basis that there are people who do still use it with the slur meaning. > > I just really don't want it to go the same way as the n-word. _Most_ people still use it with the slur meaning. And why don't you want that, out of curiosity?
SWATCOLE (NA)
: Riot should consider revising their "zero tolerance on homophobic slurs" policy. Here's why.
As a bisexual man, I, at least, would appreciate if you could not try to normalize slurs that have been used to insult and degrade me and people like me.
: How a mental disorder got me banned.
Sucks. I have clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder (I'm medicated now, for the third time, with something that actually helps this time). The latter used to make it almost impossible for me to make myself play ranked games.
: If you don't declare your champ, and someone bans it, don't troll afterwards.
You forgot: If you hover a champion and both teams ban it, your champion would have been banned either way. At that point, flaming the teammate who banned it is pointless.
: Does anyone not get bitched at every game for maining something offmeta?
I main support and sometimes pick Kayle, but randoms don't usually say anything about it. /shrug
: [IN GAME BUG] Game not loading properly
After discord updated (I hadn't updated discord with the update that was meant to fix the issue until now) it seems to have been fixed, though the client keeps forcing my game to load in windowed mode since the repair and that annoys me to no end. I'll turn off the overlay, thanks for telling me.
Rioter Comments
: Matchmaking system possible changes
making false reports already lowers the weight of your reports
Show more

A Pretty Unicorn

Level 77 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion