: I just...I just don't know how to win at league anymore...
[There you go.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uuYm7KDm_A)
: Season 6 was worse than 5 - 2016 Season 7 was worse than 6 - 2017 Season 8 was worse than 7 - 2018 Season 9 is worse than 8 - currently It never ends. Golden eras are never now and only appreciated in the future, and the goal is always moved forwards. The only major hiccup was dynamic queue (and the stale ardent meta), but everyone likes to act like reactionary tools for clout.
> [{quoted}](name=Sewer Side,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AqMulAq9,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-25T00:22:41.762+0000) > > Season 6 was worse than 5 - 2016 > Season 7 was worse than 6 - 2017 > Season 8 was worse than 7 - 2018 > Season 9 is worse than 8 - currently > > It never ends. > > Golden eras are never now and only appreciated in the future, and the goal is always moved forwards. > > The only major hiccup was dynamic queue (and the stale ardent meta), but everyone likes to act like reactionary tools for clout. I've been playing since 2011. Not even three years ago, a topic wouldn't reach the top page without at least a good hundred upvotes, and 80% of the threads on it had between 200 and 300 upvotes. Hell, hot topic could reach 400+ upvotes easily. Nowadays I'm not even sure we reach a 50 upvotes on average. The board is barely more active than fucking EUW were when I left them forever ago. The playercount has been in free fall for two seasons. Riot Games are growing more and more desperate for cash by the month as the monetization of the game is frequently reaching new heights of toxicity (Prestige skin, Little Legends...). I can't pinpoint the exact golden era of the game, but I can tell that it's the worst it's ever been in its history. All the indicators are in the red and there's no end to this trend in sight. No one believes Riot Games is capable of getting their shit together, cutting on the predatory practices or even still care about their game. Keeping Riot's past and general direction for the game in mind, I only see two outcomes to LoL's debacle : it either shutdown in a few years, or successfully mutates into a grotesque Asian cryptid that'll sustain itself on teenager's lunch money. Either way, the LoL we westerners like is dead - that's why I left the game during the Odyssey event.
Naalith (NA)
: PSA: don't buy Little Legends when TFT releases, this pricing model is scummy even by Riot standards
> [{quoted}](name=Naalith,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=cXnTKtKe,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-24T23:29:35.403+0000) > My personal favorite quote from the first article is as follows. Whoever wrote this shit should go get hired for EA because this is some high quality corporate garbage: Why did I read all of that in Jim Sterling's 'Corporate' voice ?
: This is probably totally going to get me in trouble - but goodness, some of you are just so endlessly negative, and it's just starting to grate on me. I count *five* "cutesy, ethereal" female enchanter supports - out of a *hundred and forty-three champions*. That would be {{champion:117}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}}{{champion:267}}{{champion:40}}. Yuumi will make six. That's all of four percent of the current roster, or a little less than one out of every *twenty* champions in League. You all tell me if I've missed anybody - but please don't just start listing midlane mages/toplane fighters who aren't enchanters, nor true supports. You want strong, killer women? I don't even have *time* this morning to list the dozens of female champions who are characterized as lethal, competent soldiers or leaders of their communities who can dumpster half the rest of the roster in the right hands. Start with {{champion:55}}{{champion:164}} and then pick *most of the rest of the female roster*. ---- No - I'm calling this post out. I don't think most of you here are mad that Yuumi is a cute girl cat at all nor are you fighting for any cause of female equality. I think a lot of you are just still pissed off that Riot tried to defend a female pro team at all - and to take a stance against the bullying of women in gamer culture, even if it was done badly. I don't think many of the supporters of this thread want to see women empowered in gaming at all, and I will say this even though I'm sure people here will bitterly report me for doing so. Why do some of you play this game if you hate Riot so much? Do you think you could do better? I urge you to try it. Most of you have no idea what it takes to make a game - the dedication, the years of learning involved - much less what it takes to create something that has been one of the world's most popular videogames for almost ten years. Finally - pick a better meme next time if you want to be taken seriously on the issue of confronting female stereotypes. [DJ Khaled is hardly an icon for female empowerment.](https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=dj+khaled+misogyny&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8)
> [{quoted}](name=CaliCoastReplay,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=W30TX4wE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-27T14:27:06.166+0000) > I count *five* "cutesy, ethereal" female enchanter supports - out of a *hundred and forty-three champions*. That would be {{champion:117}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}}{{champion:267}}{{champion:40}}. Yuumi will make six. That's all of four percent of the current roster, or a little less than one out of every *twenty* champions in League. Notice the teeny tiny bit about her being an _**enchanter**_ ? There aren't 143 enchanters, there are 6 of them, and you might have notice that those 5 champions you showed us all belong to that class, the sixth and only one breaking that mold being {{champion:44}} (and even then, he's more of an hybrid at best, with a generous touch of Controller archetype added in, rather than a pure enchanter like the others). That's 83% of the class infested by the same, copy/pasted archetype - which is both pitiful and disgusting, the equivalent of the marksman class being comprised of 18 different flavors of muscled military dudes with guns. 86% after Yuumi release too. Where's the diversity ? The choice ? Why are we stuck with five flavor of bubblegum and one sour ball ? > I think a lot of you are just still pissed off that Riot tried to defend a female pro team at all Since this a loaded statement, I won't answer it directly and simply lay down the facts instead : those five women were all support mains ; given the informations they had about the opposing team, those were sensible bans. Players were mad about this warning because the pro-team very obviously took a sound decision and they had nothing to reproach themselves for. It's Riot Games that completely ignored the context and viewed it exclusively through the sexist lens to justify their poorly thought out decision. You also fail to point out that Riot Games issued a second warning on this same tournament, against another team that intentionaly dragged on their games against those same female players, and that it was unanimously agreed on both the Boards and Reddit that this was a good call since that was **actual** bullying and disrespect (but I'm simply going to assume you didn't knew that information instead of knowingly keeping it out to weave your narrative of "bullying of women in gamer culture" - I don't like assigning ulterior motives and dog whistling to every people I disagree with). > Why do some of you play this game if you hate Riot so much? Easy - I dont play it anymore. I left this game around the end of the Odyssey event, after seven years of playing LoL and a few hundred dollars spent on the game. I'm still lurking around the Boards because I still have emotional attachement to what the game once was and what it and its universe still means to me. > This is probably totally going to get me in trouble - and I will say this even though I'm sure people here will bitterly report me for doing so. Thank you for your brave contribution, Rosa Parks. I don't know how the poor mulibillion dollars company could defend itself against a forty-something upvotes thread without your intervention. Now go and deflate your ego please, preferably somewhere else so we won't smell your farts.
Rioter Comments
: Lol, getting S rank or higher on Support is brutal af. The only support I have managed to get to mastery 7 is soraka
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wKqQEO69,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-04T01:04:41.568+0000) > > Lol, getting S rank or higher on Support is brutal af. The only support I have managed to get to mastery 7 is soraka I don't understand your struggle, I get an S rank every single time with my Jhin AP support ! ... Maybe because I'm the only one in the world playing it, and only did so for the Mastery Tokens, buuut...
: Quite true. And its funny now to think back and remember that tanks were meta not because they we're good at tanking, but because they were good at doing damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Mokuto Bunshi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ck5EeXFE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-26T16:44:23.553+0000) > > Quite true. And its funny now to think back and remember that tanks were meta not because they we're good at tanking, but because they were good at doing damage. 'Member tank meta Hecarim ? I 'member. The bastard would charge through your entire team with his R, instantly delete the ADC main (that's me !) with a single Q (dealing 2k+ damages in 0.2s), and then casually trots back to his team while taking scratch damages from a four men's concentrated fire (because he has 3k health and 200+ armor on top of his damages and lethality didn't exist back then).
: I think visuals are way easier to notice then audios (except the audio is way louder than the average sound). So how about a deaf mode (if it´s intended for inattentive players to miss the audio)? All sounds are basically muted (includes voice chat-> your mates are muted but you can still talk to them) and important audios get displayed in a visual form (for example a small circle with the champ´s face and his/her quote, in a speech bubble, appear on the upper left side).
> [{quoted}](name=MrFluffyPuffy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Omyvt8YG,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-17T16:46:15.481+0000) > > I think visuals are way easier to notice then audios (except the audio is way louder than the average sound). Actually you're demonstrably wrong - it's well documented that humans react faster to audio stimuli rather than visual. With a significiant margin too - 25% faster ? 30% ? I can't be arsed to search for the exact datas myself...
: In this case, they were right to doubt. [The Reddit post that the Fox News article lists as a source](https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/a4w3ux/chinas_ethics_board_reviews_20_popular_online/) doesn't list League of Legends as being banned. Nor was Overwatch banned. Fortnite and PUBG were banned, but not League and Overwatch. They were told to take "corrective action" but were not banned. That alone makes half of the first sentence of the Fox News article a lie. https://i0.wp.com/thats-normal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/i-dont-trust-you-stuff-like-that-gives-me-trust-issues.gif
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=00000000000000000002,timestamp=2018-12-13T20:29:39.734+0000) > > In this case, they were right to doubt. > > [The Reddit post that the Fox News article lists as a source](https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/a4w3ux/chinas_ethics_board_reviews_20_popular_online/) doesn't list League of Legends as being banned. Nor was Overwatch banned. Fortnite and PUBG were banned, but not League and Overwatch. They were told to take "corrective action" but were not banned. That alone makes half of the first sentence of the Fox News article a lie. > > https://i0.wp.com/thats-normal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/i-dont-trust-you-stuff-like-that-gives-me-trust-issues.gif Don't be That Guy. What's League going to do ? "Inharmonious Chatrooms" ? Meme all you want about LoL's toxicity, Riot Games might be the company most involved with moderating its game chat in the entire world. Aside from turning the chat into Hearthstone, you can't put that to the next level. "Women that reveal too much" ? There's at least a dozen female champions that relies entirely on their light-on-clothing look as their visual identity (Janna, Akali and Kai'Sa for the starter pack). Complying with this would mean redesigning them and all their skins entirely. Complete VU for a dozen champions. What time do they have to do those corrections ? Because in Riot's cases, that means spending an inordinate amount of resources for a good year at least to 'fix' their game. And that's assuming they're going to comply - Riot Games might not bend even if Tencent tries to kneecap them into submission. LoL IS banned in China now. It's just a delayed ban - and while Fox News jumped the gun here, there's no way around that fact.
: What happened to reducing damage in pre-season Riot???
Did you really believed Riot ? They lie. They lie with every breath. Remember when they erased Solo Q and promised to bring it back in a few weeks ? That turned into months ? That turned into "wait for the next season lmao" ? **Never. Trust. Riot.** They have done nothing to prove that they can be, trusted. Only judge them on the changes they actually bring to the game. If they were even genuine to begin with, Riot's intentions are muddled by their sheer incompetence. Let their actions speak for themselves. And what their actions tell us is that they WANT the damage creep, they WANT the games to be shorter and shorter, and you can go fuck yourself if you want the opposite, because you're clearly not Riot's target demographic anymore and they don't care whether you stick with them or not.
Cynicatt (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AIIan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=0006000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-20T15:22:42.624+0000) > > > This mindset is toxic and produces entitled brats that treat creators like slaves that should cater to their sensitivity first and foremost. If you crave that kind of representation, find products that are made with gays in mind or make it yourself. What if the team just wanted to make a character that happened to have a certain sexuality? Why is there anything wrong with that? Like I get what you're saying, against making these characters simply for inclusion, but that argument doesn't really fit in this specific instance because Neeko doesn't feel like that at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=00060000000000010001,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:41:23.750+0000) > > What if the team just wanted to make a character that happened to have a certain sexuality? Why is there anything wrong with that? Like I get what you're saying, against making these characters simply for inclusion, but that argument doesn't really fit in this specific instance because Neeko doesn't feel like that at all. Which is why I wrote that, not as a reaction to Neeko's existence, but to a specific comment that I quoted in that post. Not to mention that what I wrote applies to consummers and not creators, so really, I don't see what your point is here. My biggest grip with Neeko is that you don't call any character period 'Neeko' if they turn out to be anything but a nekomata. Come on. What's next, Inari the were-orca ?!
: > [{quoted}](name=AIIan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=0006000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-20T15:22:42.624+0000) > > That's a stupid, asinine concept. Just because something exists in real life doesn't mean it automatically needs representation. For example, as far as I'm aware of, League still doesn't have any Ace champion (like 99.9% of every piece of fiction that ever existed by the way, Ace people are literally inexistant in the public's mind) and yet I don't feel discriminated against. > > This mindset is toxic and produces entitled brats that treat creators like slaves that should cater to their sensitivity first and foremost. If you crave that kind of representation, find products that are made with gays in mind or make it yourself. Let me start off by saying I have no idea what you mean by "Ace" so if I miss the mark, I'm sorry. Culture and sexuality are two different beasts. Novels are often written for a specific geographic market, and they usually have a much smaller cast of characters. You need the characters first and foremost to represent the market that you are writing for, which unfortunately does mean that minority representation does tend to be limited. LGBT people exist everywhere however, and many societies have tried to sweep them under the rug ("don't ask, don't tell", Putin's no gays in Russia comment, Turing's chemical castration by the British government, etc). Even if you don't set out to discriminate against LGBT people, you still contribute to the public perception that homosexuality needs to be hidden by failing to include any LGBT characters. It's not a ridiculous demand that authors/script writers/game developers/etc should have a cast of characters that is representative of their audience.
> [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=00060000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:20:14.878+0000) > > Let me start off by saying I have no idea what you mean by "Ace" so if I miss the mark, I'm sorry. > > Culture and sexuality are two different beasts. Novels are often written for a specific geographic market, and they usually have a much smaller cast of characters. You need the characters first and foremost to represent the market that you are writing for, which unfortunately does mean that minority representation does tend to be limited. LGBT people exist everywhere however, and many societies have tried to sweep them under the rug ("don't ask, don't tell", Putin's no gays in Russia comment, Turing's chemical castration by the British government, etc). Even if you don't set out to discriminate against LGBT people, you still contribute to the public perception that homosexuality needs to be hidden by failing to include any LGBT characters. > > It's not a ridiculous demand that authors/script writers/game developers/etc should have a cast of characters that is representative of their audience. If you're interested then, [here's an excellent definition FYI](https://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=Cheerio_Koroke). With that said, we'll have to agree to disagree then, because equating creators not including gay characters for whatever reason they may have to sweeping them under the rug is insane troll logic in my book. All I will add to the subject is that us Europeans have neither quotas nor positive discrimination in our continent and we are overall way less racists than Americans. Make of that what you will.
: WHy do riot even bother create a lore that have nothing to do with the game.
> [{quoted}](name=l Main Cancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-11-20T12:43:23.937+0000) > > WHy do riot even bother create a lore that have nothing to do with the game. They're still trying to pretend that they're the Super Smash Bros of MOBA, which would be true if SMB was made in a parallel universe where Nintendo never published anything but kept pretending they did. Reminds me of myself daydreaming about a fighting game that I'd produce and advertise as this epic crossover between big franchises that nobody heard about before because they only exist as a compilation of sketches and notes that I never got around doing anything with. That's my biggest gripe with the entire lore produced since the retcon of the League, and they still haven't done anything to prove me that this is anything but one big farce - meanwhile, Ankama managed to produce 5 seasons of animated tv shows, 1 animated movie, and about a dozen of book, comics and manga series based on its universe with a tenth of Riot's profits.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-11-20T05:55:09.360+0000) > > Because Riot is trying to appeal to gay/lesbian gamers. Now they have representation in LOL, so they're more interested in the game. No, it's because homosexuality is a thing that exists in real life. If you make a game with a large cast of characters that lacks gay characters, you have indirectly discriminated against gay people.
> [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T06:13:00.210+0000) > > No, it's because homosexuality is a thing that exists in real life. If you make a game with a large cast of characters that lacks gay characters, you have indirectly discriminated against gay people. That's a stupid, asinine concept. Just because something exists in real life doesn't mean it automatically needs representation. For example, as far as I'm aware of, League still doesn't have any Ace champion (like 99.9% of every piece of fiction that ever existed by the way, Ace people are literally inexistant in the public's mind) and yet I don't feel discriminated against. This mindset is toxic and produces entitled brats that treat creators like slaves that should cater to their sensitivity first and foremost. If you crave that kind of representation, find products that are made with gays in mind or make it yourself.
Rαy (EUW)
: I also don't like the fact she is shoving her sexuality in everyone's face. Yes, you can like what- or whoever you want, feel free, but let it mostly be your business. Riot riding the "look, we are tolerant!" train a bit too hard.
> [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-19T23:36:01.971+0000) > > I also don't like the fact she is shoving her sexuality in everyone's face. > > Yes, you can like what- or whoever you want, feel free, but let it mostly be your business. > > Riot riding the "look, we are tolerant!" train a bit too hard. Can you imagine if any of our Alpha Male Overlord™ (Tryndamere, Darius, etc...) spent their time musing on how heterosexual they are and how much they want to fuck some of those hot ladies in the League ? But somehow Neeko gets praised for it because... apparently simply existing is worth praises when you are, I guess ?
: How has Graves/Jhin avoided nerfs for the past few patches?
Don't nerf my boy Jhin !! I don't trust Riot AT ALL to do the right thing. You can bet your ass that if they do nerf Jhin, they'll then nerf his items in the next patch but won't revert his nerfs, leaving him in the gutter exactly like they did with my boy Tham Kench. So plz don't. Thx.
Rioter Comments
: A Tribute to Rengar's lore.....
So Rengar's tribe is so backward that Klingon promotion works there ? I sure hope that his tribe isn't actually sitting on top of a giant reserve of precious natural ressources or Piltover is going to decimate them without breaking a sweat. ... Though through the power of quality writing, individualist savages with knives tend to beat up trained commandos equiped with assault rifles and mechas pretty frequently when there's an ecological point to be made, so I guess that Rengar's atrocious tribe will stand the test of time will advanced civilization crumble under their "decadence". Not expecting much more from a staff that call the new Noxus vs Demacia lore "nuanced".
: Thanks, but it really should have been said at the beginning. As someone who has had a deep struggle with suicide in the past this point in particular cut deep.
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PEQ5EhLi,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-07T19:02:27.363+0000) > > As someone who has had a deep struggle with suicide in the past this point in particular cut deep. Phrasing man. My thing was knives...
: > [{quoted}](name=SpecterVonBaren,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JdeY79s1,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-02T02:56:10.979+0000) > > It's why I've been playing less and less, used to be that coming to the boards would make me feel fired up to play because of the conversations about the game there would be. Now with the boards being nothing but a screaming chamber of crying and complaining I just don't want to play anymore. Yeah it is annoying. It is *always* negative, and now isn't even just negative about the game. Now it is just straight up politics. I mean sure, politics are important and all, but it would be nice if there were some places that didn't have to be covered in politics. I've been spending most my time on the boards in Ask the Community these days. It is just people looking for help with things, and so it is a lot less stressful to just help people with straight up questions like that. It would be nice if some parts of the boards could be positive *sometimes*.
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JdeY79s1,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-09-02T03:00:29.189+0000) > > Now it is just straight up politics. I mean sure, politics are important and all, but it would be nice if there were some places that didn't have to be covered in politics. Blame Riot Games for smearing those politics in your face in the first place, not the players. Before the whole thing blew up, you only had one or two topics at any given time on the issue of the sexism at Riot because honestly, nobody really cared. It was an intern issue that affected no one outside of the company. Then they released a very worrying statement full of buzzwords that now make the butt of all sorts of jokes and memes around the Internet (justifiably so), heralding that the worst might be coming. And now the whole PAX debacle. Make no mistakes, that wasn't a one-man decision, not at this scale. They had a whole board agreeing on the matter and deciding that banning men was a good idea. There are people in position of high power, working inside the company right now, that are being paid to enforce those 'solutions'. And unless they're shit at their job, they'll keep pushing for that. The optimist part in me wants to believe that this is an isolated incident, but we have to accept that just like the Void's invasion threatening all of Runeterra, this might be a warning shot for what's to come. Politically and ideologically charged people ready to sack the place and turn it into a hole of bitterness and exclusion. Simply closing your eyes, covering your eyes and praying that they'll disappear isn't going to work, y'know ? It could happen. In fact, it already has to other franchise. Star Wars seemed like that monstruous franchise that could never die, and yet here we are, with the fandom looking like a smoldering crater, the new trilogy being hated by half of those who saw it and now hemorrhaging money, and all futur project associated with it getting canned. All of that because social justice crawled its nasty way inside the company and its products.
Vacus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=THE D1C,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YLq9M012,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-08-31T00:19:35.282+0000) > > Sorry but as a Network Administrator I have to disagree > > Uh@ve2buysomething1st would be acceptable and meets complexity requirements. The two passwords are approximately equally secure, because yours is shorter, and any attempt at cracking it knows that caps are possible and will attempt them anyway. Unless they KNOW that your password is all lowercase (and how would they know that without having cracked it already), the mere fact that it is possible to include caps makes them check for them. https://xkcd.com/936/
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YLq9M012,comment-id=00050003,timestamp=2018-08-31T04:45:12.113+0000) > > The two passwords are approximately equally secure, because yours is shorter, and any attempt at cracking it knows that caps are possible and will attempt them anyway. Unless they KNOW that your password is all lowercase (and how would they know that without having cracked it already), the mere fact that it is possible to include caps makes them check for them. > > https://xkcd.com/936/ I've read that page years ago and it woke me up on the subject. Switched to the four-words system and never looked back... kinda. Some sites are retarded and force you to have at least one caps and special character in it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yAAe0OFN,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-24T18:44:46.686+0000) > > Darius doesn't deny 'most' melee champions at all. He beats up immobile tanks who are immobile and thus most susceptible to him getting his combos off and lacking the damage to discourage him. Almost any other melee champion is a skill matchup that has the tools to beat him. > > His pull does have a delay. It's just that you actually have to predict this one instead of getting to free-dodge some terrible 1 second delayed skillshot like Illaoi, who is, notably, never anything better than low tier. His pull has a fraction of a second of a delay. .2s isn't enough to dodge it as anyone. You can't dodge it at all. Bait it, sure, but dodging it is borderline impossible without flash or some other *instant* way to avoid it.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yAAe0OFN,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-24T18:55:44.150+0000) > > His pull has a fraction of a second of a delay. .2s isn't enough to dodge it as anyone. You can't dodge it at all. Bait it, sure, but dodging it is borderline impossible without flash or some other *instant* way to avoid it. I mean, that's not false, but given the issues Darius has stucking to targets and how his pull is both a pivotal point of his kit and has a very short range, I see nothing wrong with it being reliable. Not every ability in league has to be a Veigar cage.
murderess (EUW)
: Ah yes sure, you're an ADC main.. Yeah absolutely, nothing should be able to burst anything so that DPS reigns supreme. No, thank you.
> [{quoted}](name=murderess,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZenjbAps,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2018-08-21T11:29:52.245+0000) > > Ah yes sure, you're an ADC main.. Yeah absolutely, nothing should be able to burst anything so that DPS reigns supreme. > > No, thank you. You might as well ask Riot to delete the entire class while you're at it then, because sticking DPS where it hurts is the sole reason ADCs exist and are being played.
murderess (EUW)
: They literally nerfed damage in this very patch and certain tanks have EXPLODED in winrate (Sion 54.5%), I'd say that should be enough for now. > Maybe have some tankier items to build that are actually viable for our classes? I'm not quite sure what you'd like to see as mages have several defensive options, bruisers aswell, skirmishers will get tankier options in the next season and ADC's tend to be EXTREMELY awful to play against when they have tanky options - I remember the Steraks/Maw builds or whenever Frozen Mallet was viable. > And yet, you're avoiding buffing the tank items themselves like you're worried some other champion outside the target class will poach them and become tankier. Would that really be a bad thing? It seems that you've been playing for only a year so please believe me when I tell you this: YES. Yes, that would be a bad thing. Anyone who has been there knows exactly what I'm talking about when I just post this: {{item:3068}} {{item:3025}}
> [{quoted}](name=murderess,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZenjbAps,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-20T18:05:59.738+0000) > They literally nerfed damage in this very patch and certain tanks have EXPLODED in winrate (Sion 54.5%), I'd say that should be enough for now. The issue isn't tank being strong, it's tank being strong after all the damage creep that occured. To go back to your Sion example, as an adc main, I know that he can outduel me until my 5th or 6th item with his base damage alone and without his ult. They still have a lot of nerfing to do until {{champion:14}} {{item:3111}} {{item:3742}} stops blowing squishies in 4 seconds.
GIJose65 (NA)
: *fast forward one season later* "Season 9 has undeniably been the worst season in league" im not saying that season 8 was good but its starting to feel like a cycle at this point.
> [{quoted}](name=GIJose65,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jPN7soa1,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-08-20T01:10:46.534+0000) > > *fast forward one season later* > > "Season 9 has undeniably been the worst season in league" > > im not saying that season 8 was good but its starting to feel like a cycle at this point. It just means League is digging deeper with each year !
: > [{quoted}](name=Decahexatris1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yLLKqEEV,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-08-16T18:10:53.843+0000) > > Iris is just thst good of a dragon master. > > https://pre00.deviantart.net/3995/th/pre/i/2016/006/0/9/collab__iris_pokemon_by_ether_core-d9n09i2.png Don't post iris on here! You've no idea what you've done! I can already hear the Lewds coming!
: https://cybersport.com/post/riot-games-tencent-butt-heads Tencent aren’t satisfied with Riot Games. I don’t know how much Tencent have affected League, but there could be something going on in the background we don’t know about. Despite the fact that Riot state that everything is fine, I think there’s trouble in paradise. What if Tencent are forcing Riot to do bad business? People are flaming Riot like hell, but what if Riot’s just shield to Tencent?
> [{quoted}](name=MlND THE GAP,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yMnn79AF,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-08-16T10:31:06.688+0000) > > https://cybersport.com/post/riot-games-tencent-butt-heads > > Tencent aren’t satisfied with Riot Games. I don’t know how much Tencent have affected League, but there could be something going on in the background we don’t know about. Despite the fact that Riot state that everything is fine, I think there’s trouble in paradise. > > What if Tencent are forcing Riot to do bad business? People are flaming Riot like hell, but what if Riot’s just shield to Tencent? Interesting read ! > Tencent reportedly created their own mobile game, 'Wangzhe Rongyao' in 2015 (later known as 'Arena of Valor' in North America), after Riot apparently declining their suggestion to turn League of Legends into a mobile title. One of the former Riot staff describe the team’s reaction: “We were stunned. They were blatantly ripping off our intellectual property.” Arena of Valor then went on to become the most popular smartphone game in China by the end of 2017, according to the report. Honestly, while I'll never endorse China's state-approved practice of stealing everything they set their eyes on, I'm delighted to know that it lit a fire under Riot's ass. Riot's still trying to act like they're a small indie company despite their growth. They should have diversified their activities a long, LONG time ago like Ankama did ; putting all your eggs in one basket is suicide for a big business (and honestly, looks like lazyness and attributes League's success entirely to beginner's luck in the eyes of their fanbase, given how unprofessional Riot seems). Tencent ask them to produce a mobile game (something they should have done ALREADY, and multiple of them ; not necessarily **mobile **games but games in general), Riot refuses, Tencent goes the "if you want something done, do it yourself" route and reap all the success and money that were about to be handed for Riot with minimal efforts. Serve them right, and hopefully they'll take that as the learning experience and wake-up call it is. Where are the LoL movies ? The LoL animated series ? The LoL books, comics, etc ? ANYTHING AT ALL to make LoL lore seem relevant in the slighlest in the popculture at large ? Think what you want about the shitty ethics of Blizzard, there's a reason they can get cameos in movies and books while LoL has zero softpower outside of its playerbase - they know how to get the word out there and in the mind of the people. They make you understand that their universe is something you should care about. Something that Riot has made _**literally**_ ZERO effort to promote since LoL's creation. They have the biggest IP of the decade and they're choking it instead of growing Runeterra to its full potential. I can not begin to comprehend what Riot is doing here - in fact, I'm not even sure they have any plans at all nor do they even care about their universe in the first place.
Eedat (NA)
: Double standards. Its the same as when say a 30 year old male teacher is caught in a relationship with a 14 year old student. The male teacher is seen as the lowest form of scum. He gets shipped to jail for a decade or two ***where even ACTUAL murderers and drug dealers will not and do not tolerate them. They have committed a crime so atrocious that even serial killers look down on them.*** Flip the roles to a 30 year old Female teacher and a 14 year old male student and the teacher gets a joke of a sentence and everyone else cracks a joke about how lucky the boy was.
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RBtmqvTj,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-08-09T21:02:49.424+0000) > > Double standards. Its the same as when say a 30 year old male teacher is caught in a relationship with a 14 year old student. The male teacher is seen as the lowest form of scum. He gets shipped to jail for a decade or two ***where even ACTUAL murderers and drug dealers will not and do not tolerate them. They have committed a crime so atrocious that even serial killers look down on them.*** Flip the roles to a 30 year old Female teacher and a 14 year old male student and the teacher gets a joke of a sentence and everyone else cracks a joke about how lucky the boy was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7SpXGz-XOc
: This just makes me curious what the heck CertainlyT is gonna do next considering how everyone is so pissed about Zoe Is he gonna keep pushing that envelope and risk that out-lash, or is he finally gonna step back a bit?
> [{quoted}](name=2nd Chance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4hymv2Qj,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-08-05T03:34:46.977+0000) > Is he gonna keep pushing that envelope and risk that out-lash, or is he finally gonna step back a bit? Summoner's name checks out. But let's be real here. The only actually great champion CertainlyT ever released was Warwick, and he hates the wolf's guts because he was put on a tight leash by his higher up, forcing him to ''''''compromise with his vision''''''. Between that and the way he bashed all the feedback he received on Mordekaiser's rework while it was up on the PBE, there's clearly no redemption for him - and even if it happens, it'll be too little, way too late. We've been calling for his firing for two years now, I can't believe he still has a job.
: Countdown to new champion Roadmap begins today!
I'll be very clear : it's either a {{champion:17}} rework this year, or a riot. Or both. Mastery 7 Teemo mains assemble !!
: Riot, with all its faults, is 1000x better than EA.
> [{quoted}](name=Praetor Notorias,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1Wwd8hHj,comment-id=0003000100070001,timestamp=2018-07-24T14:06:10.675+0000) > > Riot, with all its faults, is 1000x better than EA. I fail to see how this is relevant.
saltran (EUW)
: What answer else was out to gut funnel? I'm all ears. As they said it wont last forever but funnel was needed to be adressed right now so I'm honestly glad that they done it.
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1Wwd8hHj,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-07-23T16:49:51.987+0000) > > What answer else was out to gut funnel? I'm all ears. > > As they said it wont last forever but funnel was needed to be adressed right now so I'm honestly glad that they done it. How many people were impacted by the gold funelling strat ? Now how many people are impacted by this shit ? Yes, it needed fixing, but you don't fix one issue by fucking over everyone else. I would rather have gold funelling than this - especially when, after swearing to high heaven that they don't balance the game around pro-play and absolutely take the fact that 80% of their playerbase is bronze / silver to heart, they then just go and cater specifically to the masters / pros at the expenses of everyone else with those completely unintuitive changes (I mean, we all know they're lying throuh their teeth when they say that, but there's a difference between being a liar and an hypocrite). Had we held Riot to the kind of standard that any other big gaming company in the world is held to, this shit wouldn't fly. But somehow people still defend them like they're a small indie company. They're not - they make billion of dollars a year and yet they can't handle this ? I shouldn't be surprised - they couldn't handle the Clash, or handle the Solo Q backlash and their own promise to bring it back in a month and not FUCKING NEXT SEASON. They keep shitting in the bed and people like you keep defending them, saying that we're lucky that Lord Riot even dared hear us out and fix their shit , so, eh, maybe it's bursting at the seams but at least they tried, amiright fellow board member ? Well fuck no. I expect better and you should expect better too !
: Yeah. But apparently, the designers of her appereance post VGU didn't. Now she looks like she is going to practicaly fight in a bikini. Don't get me wrong. I like sexy ladies and fanservice when proper like anyone, but... I'm the only one that feels like her appereance seems to be almost ridicously skimpy?
> [{quoted}](name=Johnny El Rojo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AAKkV3HE,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2018-07-16T15:40:55.721+0000) > > Yeah. But apparently, the designers of her appereance post VGU didn't. > Now she looks like she is going to practicaly fight in a bikini. > > Don't get me wrong. I like sexy ladies and fanservice when proper like anyone, but... I'm the only one that feels like her appereance seems to be almost ridicously skimpy? I'm sorry, I think you've got her confused with Runeterra's premiere porn actress Kai'Sa.
Saianna (EUNE)
: > Jesus Christ. No, if you keep getting blown up in seconds, you don't play tank-Jinx, you just don't play Jinx at all and play something else, like a bruiser. I doubt you can switch champs midgame. If someone can't adapt to the enviroment he got int and instead "ff15" cause he's useless dead weight, then he shouldn't play MOBAs.
> [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iAQve4JF,comment-id=00080003000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-11T13:58:47.844+0000) > > I doubt you can switch champs midgame. If someone can't adapt to the enviroment he got int and instead "ff15" cause he's useless dead weight, then he shouldn't play MOBAs. Alright, now you're doing it on purpose. I'm not saying you should change your champion mid-game. I'm saying you should not play the champion AT ALL in the first place. Never. Niet. That's what a meta means in the first place : there's a time and place for everything, and when that thing is out of the spotlight, you just STOP playing it until it becomes relevant again.
Saianna (EUNE)
: if you keep on dying and you are pretty much a free gold for enemy and overall a dead weight for a team, then even TANK-JINX would be better than dead jinx. Even low DPS is better than none. And please, argue with me how your 0/20 DPS-teammate is usefull when he always dies in first few seconds, oh do please argue.
> [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iAQve4JF,comment-id=000800030000,timestamp=2018-07-10T15:27:11.223+0000) > > if you keep on dying and you are pretty much a free gold for enemy and overall a dead weight for a team, then even TANK-JINX would be better than dead jinx. > > Even low DPS is better than none. And please, argue with me how your 0/20 DPS-teammate is usefull when he always dies in first few seconds, oh do please argue. Jesus Christ. No, if you keep getting blown up in seconds, you don't play tank-Jinx, you just don't play Jinx at all and play something else, like a bruiser. That's why we're seeing Irelia bot now - why have an immobile, squishy adc when Irelia scales faster, have mobility, hard CC and blows everything up faster too ? With constant nerfs to the turrets and objectives durability, combined with the rampant damages creep that turns divers into assassins that can still burst tanks, ADCs are pushed to the side. That's called a meta. We built ADC as glass canon for a reason, the class exists for a reason, and now that the reason for their existence is gone, don't try and turn your ADC into a shitty bruiser, just play a fucking bruiser.
Saianna (EUNE)
: Remember those 3 seasons when ADC were dealing sustained burst damage? Often 1-2shotting anyone that wasn't a tank or bruiser? Oh wait, ADCs were nerfed a bit and everyone going nuts on "how unbalanced everything else than ADC is", or "how poor ADCs are getting their asses smashed". It surely sucks to be on the other end of the stick at least once a decade, right? --- What i learned while playing LOL is lower DPS ADC/Mage is better than dead ADC/Mage. Build defenses if you get sacked every 2 minutes. Even if that means getting 2, if not even 3 defensive items. Don't blame everyone because "mah glass cannon dies so fast Q_Q". Also if you see Wukong rushing ADC, don't just stop him. Bait him. You know what and how will he do it. Don't wait for him to kill your ADC. --- Other than that, silly itemization (the current main issue) is/was always a thing. Just recipients changed. Adapt.
> [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iAQve4JF,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-07-09T16:29:42.501+0000) > What i learned while playing LOL is lower DPS ADC/Mage is better than dead ADC/Mage. Build defenses if you get sacked every 2 minutes. Even if that means getting 2, if not even 3 defensive items. Don't blame everyone because "mah glass cannon dies so fast Q_Q". Ah, yes. Buying defensive items, those with the worst scaling and slot value, on a class who shines late-game. What could possibly go wrong ? By the way, if you've fallen this far down, why the eff' are you even playing an ADC in the first place ? Pick Fiora bot instead of Lucian if you're going to build Randuin and Thornmail on him to counter wu-kong anyway !
AIIan (EUW)
: LoL on the Switch ?
Completely unrelated to the topic, but I still find it interesting. > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=InRn0b0p,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-09T15:11:53.438+0000) >Strategy/tactical games really require a mouse to work They do, actually, but you have to build them from the ground up with your control scheme in mind. Can't blame you for thinking otherwise since almost no one ever tries, but Tooth and Tail was released recently and it uses an Xbox controller as the default. > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=InRn0b0p,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-09T15:11:53.438+0000) > I think the reasons there's a vacuum on consoles for MOBAs is because it's just not a feasible game type that can work off the computer. There's a vacuum on the Switch _specifically_, not on systems other than the PC tho. You have Smite and Parangon on consoles, Arena of Valor coming to the Switch, and Vainglory is a smartphone MOBA with a respectable esport scene. MOBAs don't have to be restrained to the PC (LoL in particular ? Maybe, but I'm sure you can actually make it work on a device like the Switch).
: How do you plan on playing league comfortably and at a competitive level on a switch?
> [{quoted}](name=Daddy Issues,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=InRn0b0p,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-09T15:10:46.303+0000) > > How do you plan on playing league comfortably and at a competitive level on a switch? You have a touchscreen, gyroscope, joystick and multiple buttons. If we made a fast-pace TPS like Kid Icarus Uprising work on an handleld, I don't see how LoL couldn't work with some ingeniuty. You're only deeming it impossible because you never actually thought about it and Riot never tried.
Rioter Comments
: link to the mini essay about character design and narration in mmo vs single player? don't really care about the drama tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=cocacolalips,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BAoBlyNZ,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-07-07T06:49:44.077+0000) > > link to the mini essay about character design and narration in mmo vs single player? > > don't really care about the drama tbh. That kind of mentality is exactly what's wrong about society today. You don't and won't care... until you involuntarily crosses one of those people, being unaware of anything that's going outside of your cozy bubble of familiarity, and they'll use their knowledge of the big game to get you out of the picture. Then you'll be left sitting on your bum in a cardbox, wondering when things went so wrong.
: i hate Cait, but i really feel sorry for her mains atm. Shes at disco Nunu levels of Trolling to pick
> [{quoted}](name=Tokogawaruf,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tv1B8N6A,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-28T01:34:02.022+0000) > > i hate Cait, but i really feel sorry for her mains atm. Shes at disco Nunu levels of Trolling to pick I can't wrap my head around Cait. I don't know why, but come mid-game, unless you're ahead with her, she deals less damages than an enchanter support on a budget. She's so pathetically weak it's unbelievable. Not all ADCs are like that tho, fortunately. My Jinx is at 80% win-rate in 25 games right now.
: > [{quoted}](name=AIIan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=akcEP41u,comment-id=0015000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-06T06:14:54.184+0000) > > (Snip) Oh shit, sorry dude. Didn't mean to misconstrue your message. To be totally frank, I don't think the new champion factory is ever 'truly" being shut off. Riot can (and probably will) make new champs up to the day they announce LoL is being shut down. As you wonder, where are we going from there? IMO, the obvious path is to pull a DOTA2 and remake the whole game from scratch, in this new engine. "But cap that sounds stupid why copy-paste the entire game?" See, with DOTA All Stars -> DOTA2, the change allowed for Valve to do things that couldn't be done in Warcraft 3's engine. If Riot ever takes the plunge, they can create a vibrant community with tools that could easily surpass the original game. Let's say, for example, Riot includes a tool that allows you to play your own custom champions in games ala some DOTA2 modes/mods. This could be utterly massive and something I don't think League as it is could ever do. In addition, while League won't last forever (Nothing does), the IP is strong enough and known well enough across the world that Riot can easily transition into a different game. People clamor and claw for a League RPG/MMO. Fighting game has been rumored forever. etc. Even then, you could easily tie League as it is to whatever new thing coming out in much the same way Valve always has crossover promotions with other games. While I personally think we're a ways away from Riot shutting down new champs (At least 5+ years), I will say that Riot has plenty of options in terms of changing the game, be it focusing on reworks or taking the current work to a new engine. Besides, I think a few people on the boards would greatly welcome that factory being shut down in favor of more reworks.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=akcEP41u,comment-id=00150000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-06T06:40:33.140+0000) > > Oh shit, sorry dude. Didn't mean to misconstrue your message. Oh, don't worry ! You seem reasonable enough, the fault is surely mine for not expressing myself clearly enough and without ambiguity. Aside from that, I agree entirely with you. I've always find the "generation gap" between champions stupid, there's, like, thirty-something champions that are so outdated (visually and / or in their kit) that they look like they belong to another game entirely. It reflects badly on the game as a whole IMO, and it was about time that Riot gets into the thick of it.
: > [{quoted}](name=AIIan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=akcEP41u,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2018-06-05T21:50:32.372+0000) > > Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful move (been a Teemo main for the longest time, but he's an unplayable garbage right now), but I'm too jaded not to see that as a desperate move from Riot to stale the death of the game as we know it. > > After all, they can't keep churning champions out like this is fucking Pokémon. At some point, the roster will be too big for its own good. What's the exact treshold ? 200 champions ? 300 ? 500 ? Whatever's the exact number, we're getting closer and closer to it. Riot Games is starting to realize that their main mean of keeping the game fresh and interesting so far is slowly but surely waning. > > I don't think the sudden push for all those VGUs when we've been crying our eyes out for them for years now without much results until now is a fortunate change of heart. That's a weird way to look at it. What I'm going to say is that it's less about the life/death/whatever of the game and now more about the profitability of the game. Back in the day (we're talking Season 1-2) every single new champ release was loved, even if it didn't do anything new. People were more thrilled about "OMG WE HAVE A MOUNTED CHARACTER FINALLY" rather than look at the kit and go "huh ok it's just amumu". Early league players _really_ didn't care about what your champ could do, only the thematic niche it filled. It's also why Season 1-3 designs often got away with being really derivative: They cared more about the idea than what it could actually do. Now we're at almost 150 champions and, while it could certainly go on forever, new releases have to give something new. It's also why old reworks tend to have very odd and unique things in their kits: Poppy's giant knockaway hammer and stun wall. Sion's slow charging/raidboss style kit. Urgot's diagonal gun legs, etc. People don't care about thematic as much anymore: They want more unique ways to play the game. This is also what Riot has stated with their new champ: You can't just keep bloating the roster with "WOWIE ZOWIE A MAGIC NINJA". You have to provide a gameplay niche that will stand proud one, two or even five years down the line. Plus with the roster, it's harder for champs to stay on the cutting edge of popularity compared to older champs who have had almost a decade to build a fanbase. Not that it's impossible (Xayah, Rakan, Kayn and Jhin are all recent champions that I think will stick with people.) but it's getting harder to do. I wouldn't say this is the last, desperate grasp to keep "a dying game afloat" or however you might preceive it. Rather, I think the playerbase has finally grown up enough that they want to see their old favorites refined. (This is also why old champs are changed and reworked rather than releasing a new champ that's just Galio 2)
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=akcEP41u,comment-id=001500000000,timestamp=2018-06-05T22:23:53.964+0000) > I wouldn't say this is the last, desperate grasp to keep "a dying game afloat" or however you might preceive it. That part (as well as the appreciated but frankly useless three paragraph on LoL's history, since I've been there, seen it, and made a small part of it too) shows that you didn't understand my message at all. I never said that the game is dying. I said the game **_as we know it_** is dying, because Riot's model is unsustainable. One day the champion factory's faucet will be turned off. That's a fact we can't do anything about. The question is : where do we go from there ? What's the plan to keep the money flowing in and the playerbase addicted whith their silver bullet gone ? LoL 2 ? A harder push for the Esport than anything we've seen so far in the entire history of gaming ? I'm pretty sure Riot Games themselves are asking those questions right now, and busy creating solutions. Now, we're probably not going to reach that fatal critical mass of champions anytime soon, I give it half a decade _at least_ before that's anywhere near a problem, _but it'll happen_, and we're probably past the half-life of LoL current model right now. For a business that plans everything years ahead, that's probably item number 1 or 2 on the list of issues to solve.
: While I doubt we won't have ANY new champs until Season 9, Riot has said themselves they're slowing down new champs by a lot while dedicating more time to VGUs.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=akcEP41u,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-06-05T21:30:30.014+0000) > > While I doubt we won't have ANY new champs until Season 9, Riot has said themselves they're slowing down new champs by a lot while dedicating more time to VGUs. Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful move (been a Teemo main for the longest time, but he's an unplayable garbage right now), but I'm too jaded not to see that as a desperate move from Riot to stale the death of the game as we know it. After all, they can't keep churning champions out like this is fucking Pokémon. At some point, the roster will be too big for its own good. What's the exact treshold ? 200 champions ? 300 ? 500 ? Whatever's the exact number, we're getting closer and closer to it. Riot Games is starting to realize that their main mean of keeping the game fresh and interesting so far is slowly but surely waning. I don't think the sudden push for all those VGUs when we've been crying our eyes out for them for years now without much results until now is a fortunate change of heart.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=tv ƒ needHymn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qrE3N2ti,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-03T17:12:34.183+0000) > > I read everything you said here, except for the parts where you were rambling on about stuff that doesn't seem to be important to winning, which is most of what you said here. I don't see anything particularly ground breaking. Dang, you credit your arrival at masters because of this information? It's almost like reaching Master requires practice and a solid foundation of knowledge and skill rather than some magic formula that only a small hundreds of people on a multi-million playerbase ever found. Amazing, uh ?
: IE is about to get a massive rework.
> [{quoted}](name=The Yetii Rider,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XAUZRzlw,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-04-18T19:01:02.589+0000) > > IE is about to get a massive rework. Really ? It's about fucking time ! I remember way back in the day, when Riot deleted the dodge stat, everybody thought the crit stat would follow suit. H O W W R O N G W E W E R E
: So all mages are getting nerfed hard on the PBE
> Mages are getting some changes to their mana pools and their mana growth. They’ll be up a bit of starting mana and mana regen, but be substantially down on mana per level. > The result of these changes is that mages will get more spellcasts at low levels, but will remain at risk of OOM'ing themselves even after their first back, compared to live. The far I've been saying it jokingly, but now I'm actually dead serious : are the balance team members retarded ? There's been an overwhelming push against the idea of getting OOM late in the game, the Boards doesn't like it, the entire playerbase doesn't like it given the number of nerfs Seraphin ate yet is still the most purchased item for mages, and they're still shoving that crap down our throats as hard as they can ?!
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: No, plate armor is actually heavy to wear. That protection has to come from somewhere. And it's not being achieved by being super lightweight and flexible. I already explained that Irelia's blades provide for her a lot of protection (which is also what her gameplay dictates) and she specializes in taking her targets down fast instead of wanting to duel them. So it's impractical for her to be equipped like a Medieval knight. You have a few examples of champions wearing armor, which directly correlates to their social status and nation they belong (adorned armor). And just by looking at them, you can say if they belong on the frontlines or not. And the frontline isn't just for the slowest of tanks and juggernauts.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tzoElzq,comment-id=000300010000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-10T13:39:09.008+0000) > > No, plate armor is actually heavy to wear. > That protection has to come from somewhere. > And it's not being achieved by being super lightweight and flexible. I'm sorry but your opinion doesn't invalidate facts. Real life doesn't work that way.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leivve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tzoElzq,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2018-04-09T16:56:59.723+0000) > > Rather then explain the same thing 50 times that other people have already commented on, [I'll just link you a 26 minute video of a comic artist and professional character designer explain it instead.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK_jhdXINFk) Don't need to link that video to me. I watched it on YT even before all of this, when Kai'Sa came out. And i don't agree with his assessment. You do know the saying "when you're looking to be proven right, it's easy to find any "evidence" to support your claim". In this instance, it's people just latching on to the first "professional" opinion that aligns with their thoughts that's making them biased already. It's still T B Skyen's _**OPINION**_. He doesn't work for Riot, he wasn't working on anything related to Kai'Sa. He's a third party, just like every one of us is. You should watch his other videos. Irelia's generally a good rework (according to him) but her face is making her out to be a "general good looking young woman with no defining features" whereas Riot tried to stay very much true to old Irelia's design. So, that's a bad thing now? And it appears that Irelia also suffers from that design flaw he likes to call "boob armor". Because according to him (if i understood him properly), it has to be a "functional" armor that covers up breasts, more along the lines of plate armor. How does that work for Irelia? By her playstyle, she's a Blade Dancer. Nimble, mobile, flexible in battle. Heavy armor is the last thing she needs, especially when she can also use her blades to deflect attacks. I can find the same holes in his reasoning, because he's looking at the whole aspect of character ideation and creation from a singular point of view. Riot's not making just characters, they're also making Runeterra's universe. The characters have to fit in there and not in the minds of narrow-minded people who already have their own preconceived notions on how something should look like, based on the idea in their head. I have nothing against an analysis that's against my own opinion. But i firmly believe that many people simply take that video as granted because he's a "professional" and therefore, he must be right. Even a professional opinion is still an opinion. Not a fact.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tzoElzq,comment-id=0003000100000001,timestamp=2018-04-10T11:49:47.638+0000) > How does that work for Irelia? > By her playstyle, she's a Blade Dancer. Nimble, mobile, flexible in battle. > Heavy armor is the last thing she needs, especially when she can also use her blades to deflect attacks. You can run, jump and roll around no problem in full plate armor. That very same full plate armor is also lighter than your average rugby gears. And since Runeterra is a generic fantasy land full of many kind of bullshitium, it's not hard to imagine that they have magical armors that accommodate inhuman physical prowess. There's two drawback to full plate armor, the first is its cost, the second is that wearing it constantly is impractical, but it takes a lot of time to put it on and take it off. Which more or less restricts it to the battlefield, where you know where and when the ennemy is coming and can prepare for it. Fortunately, Irelia is both a part of the elite of her nation and a regular soldier, which means she really has no reason _not_ to wear full plate armor in battle, except for the generic fantasy trope that armor is useless.
: I'm starting to think this whole Kai'Sa nonsense is just a clever distraction to take our minds off the state of the game, state of league in general. think about it, about 90% of posts recently are about Kaisa. meanwhile im still getting 1 shot by everything. also why is this suddenly an issue? i dont really remember the boards lighting up when Eve came out (have you heard her quotes? ) also, Gragas doesnt have a shirt and runs around with bobs flapping carelessly in the wind. double standard???
> [{quoted}](name=Ignite Excited,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tzoElzq,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-04-09T17:33:47.148+0000) > > also why is this suddenly an issue? i dont really remember the boards lighting up when Eve came out (have you heard her quotes? ) If Eve had exactly the same lore as she has now but looked like she was ripped straight out of an hacked version of Witcher 3, would you say she's a good character design ? Of course not, because she would be ugly against her theme of seduction as a weapon. Kai'Sa is supposed to be a survivor on the run from world-ending monstrosities leaking into our world. Where did she found the time to get that perfect haircut and make-up ? Physical beauty is linked to genetics, yes, but first and foremost to a healthy lifestyle. Kai'Sa has the body of someone who had access to a plentiful and balanced diet, doctors to treat her illnesses and a dentist for those perfect teeth. I don't care about someone like Caitlyn (that I totally don't have a dozens of artworks of stored on a hardrive) being a sexual bomb because sexiness has no impact on her theme, who she's as a character, so of course it's better to crank that meter to 11 than not (after all, even the men of the League are sexy by default, and that's perfectly A-OK). ~~Also, if Riot dares to nerf her look like they threatened to, there'll be _actual_ riots on the boards.~~ The issue with Kai'Sa is that she's sexy **against** her theme, and that's as much of a problem as our hypothetical fugly Evelyn.
Show more

AIIan

Level 84 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion