: So according to your own Metrics Pyke should of gotten nerfed by now Riot
Don't worry, they nerfed Tham. You can rest now :)
MIB Kios (EUW)
: Ghost Game
Same problem here, after the game concluded (we had a yasuo who fed then afk'ed, so we were forced to /ff ), I was stuck in the "skip stats" screen, which I did after waiting 2-3 mins. After that I got into the lobby as usual, picked my roles, but upon clicking the "find match" button, I was greeted by a popup message saying an error had occured and to try again later. I decided to logout then log back in, and upon reconnecting, it automatically launched the game proper, then got stuck in a black screen, then gave out the timeless message saying to check if there was a firewall problem or other (nice try riot). I used alt-f4 to close the black game window, which put me back to the "reconnect" screen. Which is quite a problem, since the game has ended already and is even in my match history. So it seems the server considers I am still in a game that's already over, and tries to reconnect me to that ghost game. Which also prevented me from starting a new game, as the server still thinks I'm in my previous one. As usual, good job riot.
: My game is in Mordekaiser Ult :)
Same problem here, after the game concluded (we had a yasuo who fed then afk'ed, so we were forced to /ff ), I was stuck in the "skip stats" screen, which I did after waiting 2-3 mins. After that I got into the lobby as usual, picked my roles, but upon clicking the "find match" button, I was greeted by a popup message saying an error had occured and to try again later. I decided to logout then log back in, and upon reconnecting, it automatically launched the game proper, then got stuck in a black screen, then gave out the timeless message saying to check if there was a firewall problem or other (nice try riot). I used alt-f4 to close the black game window, which put me back to the "reconnect" screen. Which is quite a problem, since the game has ended already and is even in my match history. So it seems the server considers I am still in a game that's already over, and tries to reconnect me to that ghost game. Which also prevented me from starting a new game, as the server still thinks I'm in my previous one. As usual, good job riot.
: Or if you get a leaver, simply make that team lose less/no LP, and only the people in the party with the leaver lose LP (to prevent abuses)
That was already suggested, however this will never happen because it would open for people to pressure a player into leaving. Say you have a bad laning phase and go 0/4, people could start pressuring you into leaving, and that opens a whole new world of toxicity. And don't tell me this wouldn't happen, we all know how people are.
: Riot knows about it their is post about it in the Report a bug section under support but even if you post in it you wont get replys not sure if riot is actually planning on fixing it tho lots of people are getting this bug including myself
No, it's another one, this one isn't crashing the game, it's simply not launching it at all. I got the crashing one on my other pc like two weeks ago, and it's different. The crashing one won't allow you to play a game at all, even after your game has ended/was remade. This one allows you to launch a new one a soon as the previous one is ended. And cross fingers for it not to bug again.
: its called Patch 9.14 critically error you will find the post near the top of the screen
No, it's another one, this one isn't crashing the game, it's simply not launching it at all. I got the crashing one on my other pc like two weeks ago, and it's different. The crashing one won't allow you to play a game at all, even after your game has ended/was remade. This one allows you to launch a new one a soon as the previous one is ended. And cross fingers for it not to bug again.
: Game not launching after champ select
Same problem here. For reference my internet is a smooth 14ms to google's servers, and my pc's pretty good, so not problem on that part. Also it happened twice to me, over 5 days, so maybe 2 games in 30 or something like that. As for what happens, here's the rundown : So I select my role, launch the queue, find a game, accept, get in the lobby, pick a champion, wait for everyone to pick a champion, then when the gamer proper is meant to launch ... nothing. The lobby goes to the "try to reconnect" screen and impossible to load in, clicking the button just does nothing. Then of course the game is remade and at that moment the lobby goes to post-game lobby, for me to enjoy that warning about being afk and my lp losses. You can launch a game just after that if you're not tilted by riot's incompetence and cross your fingers not to get that 6% chance of having the game not launching. Yes 2 games out of 30 is that big of an occurrence.
: bruv what keeps happening im always stuck in the reconnect screen
Same thing here. For reference my internet is a smooth 14ms to google's servers, and my pc's pretty good, so not problem on that part. Also it happened twice to me, over 5 days, so maybe 2 games in 30 or something like that. As for what happens, here's the rundown : So I select my role, launch the queue, find a game, accept, get in the lobby, pick a champion, wait for everyone to pick a champion, then when the gamer proper is meant to launch ... nothing. The lobby goes to the "try to reconnect" screen and impossible to load in, clicking the button just does nothing. Then of course the game is remade and at that moment the lobby goes to post-game lobby, for me to enjoy that warning about being afk and my lp losses. Thanks rito. You can launch a game just after that if you're not tilted by riot's incompetence and cross your fingers not to get that 1% chance of having the game not launching. Great job riot.
: The Reason Tanks Aren't Played Often
Alright, so I see a lot of misconception about how MR items are weaker than Armor items just because numbers on MR items are lower. MR items serve mostly against mages, whose main source of damage are abilities. Such abilities have somewhat long cooldowns; for instance you may get a full rotation of spells by a Veigar, but after that he has nothing he can do to you until his cd's are back up. Due to how resistances are calculated in this game, 50 armor/mr reduces damages by 33%, while 100 armor/mr reduces damages by 50%. As you may have guessed, going from no MR to 25 MR gives a lot of final resistances, while getting more MR when you already have a lot gives very little resistances. For instance going from 50MR to 100MR goes from 33% to 50% resistances, which is 17% reduced damages while going from 100 to 200 goes from 50% to 66%. As you can see, this time we needed twice the MR/armor for another 16% final resistances. Alright now that the boring part is done, what does that actually mean in game ? Simply put, cooldown-based champions are at a big disadvantage if you can survive their rotations. Think of the same Veigar in my previous example, but now he's against a master Yi. Veigar manages to stun , meteor, Q and then R Yi. However Yi has a bit of MR and so manages to survive the burst. He's now free to slice up Veigar as our little master of evil has nothing left to defend himself. Now the opposite, if yi jumps on veigar and Veigar has a bit of Armor. Well, this sure slows down the slicing, however in this case Yi has a virtually infinite amount of damages : his auto-attacks. As he can continually attack veigar, dealing reduced damages matters a lot less since AA's don't have cooldowns. Ok, but in practice, what does it mean ? What this means that buying some MR reduces **a lot** of damages from spell-based characters, while some armor only delays continuous damage characters. This is why a 30 minutes adc can kill a tank trough, while Annie will struggle to remove even half of their hp. Now you also need to understand that there are many other relations between stats, for instance I didn't talk about how much buying a certain amount of AP is worth a certain amount of gold, while a certain amount of MR is worth another amount of gold, and how the game shouldn't allow people to just buy a quick 720 gold item and nullify 1250gold purchases, and many others. There is a whole lot more to take into account, which people in this thread don't mention or even seem to know exist. I hope this small and oversimplified explanation helped some people to understand why having more/bigger MR items wouldn't necessarily be healthy for the game.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Divin1ty,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xbjw88Iu,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-05T17:14:09.032+0000) > Mages have superior Pen AND higher Numbers. Edited to correct my mistakes {{item:3135}} 40% pen {{item:3165}} 15 flat pen + grievous wounds {{item:3020}} 18 flat pen {{item:3071}} 24% shred - everyone gets the pen {{item:3036}} 35% pen {{item:3033}} 25% pen + grievous wounds {{item:3153}} literally does 8% current health as bonus damage, who tf needs pen? {{item:3147}} 21 lethality {{item:3814}} 18 lethality {{item:3142}} 18 lethality {{item:3124}} 15% armor+magic pen ADs stack a bunch of those, most mages get 1 or 2 tops. I fail to see the superiority of magic pen items.
So many things wrong with this one ... First off, Void staff is the only one giving % magic pen, all the others are flat magic pen, and that makes a huge difference. Botrk is current health, after reduction, not total. And it's not flat "21 armor pen" "18 armor pen", it's lethality, which scales off your own level. So yes at lv18 it's 21 pen, but it doesn't start at 21. Considering it to be 21 armor pen is straight wrong. Not to mention MR and Armor cannot be compared just like that, 50 armor doesn't have the same impact as 50 magic resist, mostly due to how the damages are dealt.
NAFB (NA)
: Riot, please fix your hitboxes. (Nautilus Hitbox Bug)
Not exactly a bug, but a very deceptive hitbox. I think Nautilus's Q in-game animation should be adjusted either to better fit its visuals or simply have a smaller hitbox, closer to other hook champions.
Akachi (EUNE)
: Every game 0 fps around 8-10 min mark
I had similar issues around 3-4 patches ago. The game would start with my usual fps (I like to keep it capped at 60), however as the game progressed, my fps would slowly get slower and lower. One game in particular, I started at a steady 60fps as usual, and ended up at 25fps after around 30 mins. It wasn't every game however; neither was it always that bad. Most games this happened, it went from 60fps to 50fps. Also to rule out the "it comes from your computer", I could uncap and run at 200fps if I wanted to, I just prefer it locked at 60. Uncapping in this case didn't change anything. Using the repair tool didn't do anything, neither did uninstalling and then re-installing. As for how this got fixed, I don't know. After some time it just went back to normal. Maybe it was after the next patch, I can't remember.
: [GAMEPLAY] Zac's W (Unstable Matter) AP Ratio Not Showing
I came here for the same thing, the W tooltip doesn't show any ap scaling, as if it weren't updated at all.
: > [{quoted}](name=Aekami,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gRPB8jIj,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-01T18:35:30.802+0000) > > It is already there in the settings. > > While in game : > Open the settings -> Go to Interface -> Tooltips -> tick "Always show extended Tooltip info" > > And it'll be back to normal :) Wait, there's a settings for that? Or was this a suggestion?
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gRPB8jIj,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-08-01T23:49:16.943+0000) > > Wait, there's a settings for that? Or was this a suggestion? This is a setting. Already implemented. You just decided that instead of taking some time to check the settings, you'd go rant on the boards for an already-existing functionality.
Fenvir (EUNE)
: Missing hit out of range
It would make flash a timed immunity, allowing you to dodge things, like Shaco ult does. Flash is already a very strong summoner's, the most picked one. Giving it something that strong would make it far too broken.
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: >"overall damage hasn't changed throughout the years, because according to the datas, everyone deal almost the same damage per game". If you don't have a source on that, PLEASE tell me that they are joking! If that's a real statement (don't worry, I believe it), then I don't even want to know! Of course the damage over a single game may be the same as before. Just like you point out, less damage per trade over a longer game = the same total damage as more damage per trade over a shorter game. Are these Reds even playing the same game as us? When they manage to utter things like that, I sure do wonder!
... You have not read the stats right ? We are not talking about total damage per game, we are talking about average damage. I does not matter if the game last 15mins or 50 mins, if you consider let's say, damage per minute at a certain minute. If you compare average damage dealt at 35mins in season 6 and then average dmg at 35mins in season 7, you get results that can be compared. You misread stats.
: Meddler addresses high damage, doesn't understand what the community is saying
No he's right. Maybe you don't believe it simply because your understanding of the game isn't good enough ? Bronze/Silver/Gold/Plats complaining about the game state should first focus on understand the game before asking for changes.
: I honestly hate that "Press Shift for more info" interface
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gRPB8jIj,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-28T08:22:39.077+0000) > > I prefer making my life a lot more easier by seeing the full complete info at one mouse-point. Can we have some sort of interface where I get to choose whether I wanted the Shift function or not? It is already there in the settings. While in game : Open the settings -> Go to Interface -> Tooltips -> tick "Always show extended Tooltip info" And it'll be back to normal :)
Cdore (NA)
: Revert Annie's Range
Annie is at a 52.5% winrate over the lats 5 patches, according to op.gg She is already viable. Fun to play maybe not, but viable yes.
Ahris (NA)
: People say Annie is trash
Annie is a good champion up to diamond. She is far from trash and can carry. I'd say she is balance or even on the strong side of things, as her 52.5% winrate over the last 5 patches goes to show. (according to op.gg). Now, it's not the most fun champion to play, for sure.
: Its hilarious how they ban your account if you call people idiots ,morons, retards etc but will do nothing if you troll or int. Because insulting someone over a video game chat that can be muted at any given moment is a death sentence crime and you get instantly banned from playing the game on that account!
Because insulting someone is targeting a specific person, which is (and feels) much worse than when someone runs down mid, as it's not targeted at anybody. Also if people could start being honest with themselves, riot doesn't ban for simple "retard" or "you're trash" flame. And also why do people act so surprised that "apparently it's against the Tos" ? I mean by now everyone knows you can't trashtalk. Don't act dumber than you are.
: New solo queue ranked mode?
The current "SoloQ" (aka duoQ) should be replaced by an actually-solo soloQ. So in that way, yes I'd like it. However when it comes to your reasoning for it : no. Most of what you said is ... wrong ? Fist off, the ranking system does already reward better players. It works. I have made several accounts each mainly a different lane, and I've reached diamond with each one. I did skip divisions, I did get huge lp gains. It already works. It's about being consistent, that one game where someone went afk is frustrating, but it doesn't affect your climb overall. Maybe you are not getting the gains you want, but that's on you, not on the system. Also most of the stats you said aren't what makes a good player. For instance, just because you ward a lot doesn't mean you ward at appropriate times, nor that these wards will be useful. There is so much more that makes a good player. You focus too much on stats. Stats mean nothing, especially at lower elos.
: Since Nexus Blitz is going to be a permanent alternative to Summoner's Rift...
No. Why would you want longer games ? So that only scaling carries can get played ? If anything, 35 mins would already be a lot.
: I think turrets should level up and get gold when they kill champions and minions. Then the team can vote on upgrades they can buy for turrets based on the gold the turrets get. You want laser turrets? Your team can vote on them. Want turrets that give people shields if you stand by them? You can buy them. Want turrets that flash mastery emotes? Vote on them.
Not a good idea. If your turret is killing minions, it means you are getting pushed. Why should you get rewarded for not winning your lane ? And while you are getting dominated and have no pressure, the turret on the side who's winning isn't killing any minions, so never getting upgraded ? That would give an advantage to losing losing lanes for **losing**. That doesn't make sense to me. Also turrets are fine. I really don't know why low elo keep on crying about turrets. Turrets are the same for both sides, how is it that according to every person complaining, the enemies can dive them, but for some mystical reason, they cannot dive the enemies ? First realise that it's not about the turrets, it's about you losing your matchup. Also Turrets aren't safe-zones, they're there to help you in a 1v1. If you are on equal footing with the enemy, the turret makes things in your favor. They don't auto-win trades for you, nor should they.
: Why not just have turrets scale with the progression of the game?
No. That would make games last a crap lot longer than they already are. Do you really want 45mins games every game ? If you want turrets to get buffed, maybe go for more damages on them, but please don't make them tankier.
: Can I have tips on climbing?
Watch tutorial videos from youtube. There are plenty of well-structured videos that will actually make you a better player. You have to realise that "becoming better at the game" or "climbing" is hardly ever becoming mechanically better, it's about taking better decisions. If you want a well done tutorial series, taking things step-by-step, here is the one I used to go from Plat to Diamond two years ago. It's very well explained and easy to understand. As long you are willing to actually listen and take in the info, you'll climb. [--> The tutorial playlist](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iko2tqmDpJQ&list=PL9RdXhXESRJzgY_SwHB8T-cZxXljWhQvz)
Rexxiee (NA)
: Whats the point of making an ashe skin if the champ is unplayable?
You can't count on winrate when assessing Ashe, she's an adc that plays very differently than others. In a way, you could say she plays a "supporting-adc" role. Ashe is much better when the team are organised, like in 5v5 premades for instance. This leads her to being weaker in SoloQ where coordination is ... welll, soloQ. Also there's a lot of people who try to play her as any other adc, even though her playstyle is more methodical and rigid. She doesn't have the draven trades, not lucian's mobility, not xayiah's escape potential or set-up and burst, ... but she has utility. Slows everywhere, a vision giving ability and a long range stun-engage. But it's not flashy, there is little montage potential. Ashe isn't a bad champion, it mostly **feels** like it when you aren't used to her gameplay.
: "jUsT DoDGe hEr AbILiTieS BrO"
Alright so first I want to say that I do agree Zoe is a tad too strong currently **however** in a normal 1v1 scenario, she probably wouldn't have won. Allow me to explain : The trade started at 14:24 (in Qt's game) and Qt died at 14:33. That's 9 seconds of trade, which would have been enough for most other Mid/top/Jungle champions to trade back and kill Zoe after she missed her first E. Imagine Zoe did the same thing against a Leblanc, Zed, Ahri, Quinn, Draven, Vlad, etc. She most likely would have died since she didn't have a E after missing it. Also to "kill people without hitting abilities", Zoe has to walk into medium-to-close range to proc her W and autos, which puts her in a danger zone and enables many champions to trade back. In this instance however, Jhin is a champion who does not benefit at all from that, so it doesn't change much **because his 1v1 against assassins/mages/bruisers isn't very good, especially early on**. But if it were a Darius, Jax, Riven, etc. it would be a whole different thing. Also, a great part of the damages came from Luden's proc, Electrocute and Ignite, probably half of it if not more. Jhin has 1100 hp, Ignite dealt 280 dmg, luden procs is around 130 dmg, electrocute 180 dmg, that's already 590 dmg that doesn't come from Zoe's kit but makes up to a bit over half of Jhin's hp. So as I said, I do think Zoe is strong currently especially her W auto-target damages, however what this video shows more than anything is that the matchup "any mobile mage-assassin into Jhin heavily favors the mage-assassin". Yes that looked ridiculous, but in this very instance, it's more down to the matchup than Zoe herself. {{sticker:sg-soraka}} Please mighty board pleb, have mercy on my soul, for I only propose my point of view and the logic behind it
: Its 4th of July, But you wont hear about it from riot
America isn't the center of the world. Riot is a global business. You asking for country-specific skins seem to me you're forgetting there are other countries out here. Like, a lot of countries ;-) And most countries didn't get a skin related to their nationnal day. You compare the chinese **New year** with a country-specific festivity, it's not on the same scale at all. I do not see why Riot would give a special treatment for America? I mean following your logic, does Riot have to do a skin for each country's Independence Day's equivalent ?
: What makes a champion bad balance/low counterplay
Generally, free stats make for a champion that is extremely hard to balance. Yasuo's double crit, Q scaling with AS,free penetration Gp's passive gold generation Trynda's passive AD and 35% crit chance And champions who can scale and are able to nullify their weakness Gp again is a good example, he is meant to be weak and abusable early and then scale up, but what happens is that he can remain safe until he eventually scales. Now, the barrel mechanic is somewhat interactive, there is a way to kill them and mess up Gp's combos. it's just that skilled Gp's often manage to do one barrel combos or two barrel combos that are extremely hard to react to as the exploding barrel cannot be interacted with. Cho gath's design is pretty poor too, it was an outdated champion so instead of reworking him riot decided to add permanent health on his R. The main problem being that the first 6 stacks can be on minions, and that you are likely to get one more on a drake/herald. And your ult scales off that bonus hp. It's an ultimate that has the *potential* to boost its own damages after every use, while also making you tankier. And nothing is fun in a 5k tank running you down and pressing R for 1K true damage. I know it got reverted, but you probably remember when Riot decided Kog maw could go to 5.0 As ? Probably one of the worse decision ever taken about that champion. So bad actually that it was the first time they reverted a champion. Xerath. Yes I know he's not strong and you never see him. And that's because of his kit. So much waveclear and damage from afar means there is very little interactivity. And he got nerfed to oblivion due to that.
: > [{quoted}](name=YumaS2Astral,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z3qseE8c,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-07-04T03:49:35.533+0000) > > About the Darius thing, he can do the same against many champions. Also, Jax can outtrade Darius assuming they are even, because Jax can jump into Darius, dodge the blade, denying Darius the heal and most of its damage, and make Darius unable to get bleed stacks with autos, thanks to his Counter Strike. There are some very bad matchups for Jax, but Darius is not one of them. G5 friend told me that's how the matchup played out so I went with it lul
Well, I peaked at D2 playing jungle and top last season, and I can say that Darius **can** zone jax early on, generally pre lv11, and that Jax starts destroying him after that. So you weren't wrong, if you were only talking about the early game. And assuming both players are good. Though the jungler can easily sway this around.
: What makes a champion bad balance/low counterplay
1. The Darius Vs Jax matchup was right provided they were prior to lv11, at which point Jax just outscales. Early on however, Darius can zone. 2. Aurelion is maybe strong early on, but he struggles against champions who can gapclose in his face (Ekko, Fizz, ...) assassins in general. Aurelion is only strong because he can waveclear and roam, but it's that playstyle that's effective, not so much Aurelion's damages or kit. It's more a problem of mages being able to adopt a waveclear-and-roam playstyle than anything. 3. Yasuo's abilities aren't so much the offender here, it's more about all the free stats he passively gets. Doubling the crit value, a passive shield, his main spell scales with AS instead of CDR, AS that he gets anyway when buying a zeal item, and free penetration on his R. All this make Yasuo an extremely difficult champion to balance, as any gold he gets allows him to buy items that are extremely gold-efficient.
Aneirin (OCE)
: Sounds like the old tribunal that didn't work. In any case you'd still need many thousands of volunteers and there's no guarantee they'll run the system the way Riot wants.
The old tribunal had a lot of problems though. For instance almost anyone could take part in it. What I suggest is recruiting moderators, just like you'd do for a job, and go from there. You'd probably still need someone to coordinate them, to be the "boss" who checks on them and tells them what they want, but that's not a lot of investment from Riot. You only need one boss, regardless how many volunteers there is. The old tribunal had no proper organisation, no proper person in charge, no goal no actual guidelines (Actually there was, but without supervision, anyone could do anything they want anyway without consequences). So in short, I suggest a structured team of volunteered moderators that follows the rules a "Rioter moderator" makes.
: > [{quoted}](name=BlueWaterBelow,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EEXP2B97,comment-id=00000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T00:23:10.053+0000)Every single one of those comments has no context without a clearly more direct insult preceding it. I'm not saying the other parties don't deserve points towards punishment themselves (likely more than you acquired -- whether or not that results in a punishment for them depends on their own behavioral history). I'm simply informing you what behavior of yours is not okay, as you do *not* get a free pass to behavior improperly just because someone else was behaving worse. >You're still telling me that even though I was aggressively flamed, I deserve a restriction... I am telling you that your behavior was problematic, and, if it triggered a punishment, then the system has seen enough of a trend of behavior that you earned enough points to accrue a punishment.
While I don't agree with this specific case, I do think you have the right not to let people step on you but regardless, this statement is true : > the system has seen enough of a trend of behavior that you earned enough points to accrue a punishment. You only get sanctions after a lot of reports it's not just one or two bad games, it's dozen of them most of the time. So the sanction is deserved overall, but the event triggering it was wrong.
Aneirin (OCE)
: > You know, actual living people who understand what is going on, not an automated system triggered by some sentences or words. Because one can be done in minutes by AI, and one would need several thousand people working full-time. Wonder which one makes more sense financially?
I know, that's what I said a bit later, an improvement to the system would cost money, which is why Riot doesn't do it. I don't quite get your point ? Also volunteers could do it. The same way the Boards are moderated. It does require some investments when you have to "hire" these people, but that asides once it's set up it could work by itself.
: Alt+tab takes much longer
A easy fix is to go to your video setting and change from "fullscreen" to "borderless". There is hardly any difference (asides from mouse sensitivity) and alt-tab is generally as fast as usual.
: Flawed Punishment System is Flawed
I read the logs you posted, unless they are edited, I think you tilted but there should not be any sanction to that. But what you have to understand is that riot does not care and prefer to rely on a wacky moderation system rather than a moderation system with ... moderators. You know, actual living people who understand what is going on, not an automated system triggered by some sentences or words. But creating a better system costs money, and that doesn't bring money once it's done. Unlike the LCS, for that one riot has millions. But it brings money. So for this specific instance, from your logs, you are not to blame. You answered as anyone would have, you tilted as anyone would have. Regardless what people try to say in this thread, you acted humanly, you can safely ignore all those who will blame you for not ignoring your team's toxicity. Yes it would have been better to mute them and forget, however you are not a robot and should not try to act as one.
Rexxiee (NA)
: Garen's at 53% wr with a 14% pick rate in plat +
> Garen's at 53% wr with a 14% pick rate in plat + First thing, stop inventing numbers. Garen is at 50.8% winrate in Plat+, with a 5% pickrate. Don't invent numbers just because you don't like the champ. You can check by yourself on op.gg : [HERE](http://euw.op.gg/champion/garen/statistics/top) For the record, here is also a screenshot at current writing time : [Screenshot](https://i.imgur.com/1gIF1z4.png) Also, the problem with Mundo and Garen is NOT the champions themselves, they are not actually overpowered. The problem is that champions that would usually do well into them are currently nowhere to be seen, or on the weak side. An easy example : if gnar was to be buffed, then Garen and Mundo's winrate would drop. There are many champions that can be played into them that are "just a tad too weak overall". There are also champions who do very well into them who are simply generally not popular thus not played, like Teemo into Garen, or Kled into Mundo. And you forgot that the reason a "dumb champion" like Garen has so many free stats is **because** his kit is dumb. It's easy to outmanoeuvre, to outplay, etc. Look at most champions, then look at Garen. This thing has no dash, no CC, no synergy with anyone, all it can do is run at you. So to compensate for that, he needs more baseline stats. And then there's also the fact Riot tends to balance towards higher elo, where people know how to kite properly, how to predict what the opponent is going to try to do, etc. And Garen being as limited as he is, predicting him isn't all that hard. Now, I do think his true damage "someone is a vilain" passive should be removed, as it is a passive that punishes the ennemy for playing well (getting a kill) and there is no interaction available between the marked target and Garen. There is no way to do something to actively "lose" the passive.
: Defense is mathematically inferior to damage
From my point of view you are missing one core concept: offensive items need an active participation from the player. For instance if you buy a ludens, it is only useful if you actively hit your spells, if you're bad and miss all skillshots, your ludens is worth nothing. Defense on the other hand is passive. You don't do anything, damage is just passively reduced when you are attacked. So to sum up, I think it is only normal that something that requires to actively play the game has the potential to be more impactful than something which you just get passively and doesn't require any thinking.
: > [{quoted}](name=Madsin25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=klg5wGaz,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-02T14:28:11.297+0000) > > They do give smurfs huge LP gains in silver. > > Either way if you manage to carry your promos 10-0 there is a very large chance you will be placed in gold. Yup and if smurfs cannot do that they make another account till they can. All the while we have to deal with it.
I don't think so. From my smurfing experience, I went 9W/1L and got to Gold2. Gold1 is the highest a new account can place, and Plat1 is the highest a previously ranked account can place. Smurfs that are actual smurfs (as in dia+, not the new account of your silverV cousin Steve who-totally-deserves-at-least-diamond-but-the-teams-are-bad) will never stay in low elo unless they intend to do so. You may not realise it, but it isn't hard for a smurf to climb; as a smurf you get huge LP gain, to a point where 3 wins in a row gets you from 0 to 100 LP, and you are likely to skip divisions. Even on my smurf that got (mistakenly ? Riot please? ) placed in Silver2, it only took me two days to get to plat. Also, I know it sounds a bit wierd to say, but playing against smurfs is probably the best thing that can happen to you. Yes you will most likely lose, but with the right mind you can learn a lot more from this smurf than from your bronze/silver/gold/plat games. I peaked at D2 last season, and at some point I was playing against D1/master players. The skill difference between them and myself was sometimes huge. Some games I got destroyed, unable to do anything. Me, a D2 player made 100% useless. And these games where I got destroyed, I learnt more than in most games where everything was balanced. You can never improve if you play against someone your own level. If I could choose, I would love to play against better players than myself more often.
: > [{quoted}](name=Aekami,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=klg5wGaz,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-07-03T02:40:17.997+0000) > > IP-bans are neither sensible nor useful. > > 1) Not **sensible** because it means 3 things : > > * If you live with your familly and let's say your brother gets banned, then you are banned aswell for no reason. > * If you are in a boarding school or any similar thing (you get the idea, many people living at the same place), then you'd ban everyone along with you > * Internet cafe are a big part of the playerbase, especially in basically everywhere that's not NA or EU and banning a player there would mean preventing anyone playing from there from playing. And in such a case, the person managing the business will just propose other games, it'd be a loss for both Riot and themselves Ip bans are actually worse then that because unless you have business class internet AND are paying for a static IP from your ISP, your ip address will periodically change. There's a reason no one IP bans anymore. Every time i hear people suggest IP bans it tells me they have no idea how networking works and how their ISP assigns IP addresses.
This too, but I chose not to dwelve into anything even slightly technical and keep it simple and accessible to anyone, otherwise people get lost and then nobody reads. There are many other ways to circumvent a IP-based ban if you have some IT knowledge, asides from the ones I mentioned and without a dynamic IP. I just picked the easy "everyone can do it" ones. So yes, you're right ^^
: Bthe problem is that there is too many in low elo we are talking in millions , there is the smurfs the boosters the duo with friends to boost the payed boost the bored wanna stream and show off smurfs . The ip check is the closest to the best solution you know this guy use this ip and he have multiple accounts in high elo and making a new account immediatly take action and measuremnt based on his games , afkers ? Being afk for an emergency i can understand its a game anyway and people have lives but afking becuse someone talk shit to u or lecture u ? Why do i have to suffer for his mistake and bad manners? Why do you afk instead of reporting him for shit talking ? Riot should replay the match and check if he is being an asshole and afk becuse he can then ban is needed we left our social friendly life work and family times to play for few hours a day why do they make it unfriendly envorment ots such a waste of time dont you agree
IP-bans are neither sensible nor useful. 1) Not **sensible** because it means 3 things : * If you live with your familly and let's say your brother gets banned, then you are banned aswell for no reason. * If you are in a boarding school or any similar thing (you get the idea, many people living at the same place), then you'd ban everyone along with you * Internet cafe are a big part of the playerbase, especially in basically everywhere that's not NA or EU and banning a player there would mean preventing anyone playing from there from playing. And in such a case, the person managing the business will just propose other games, it'd be a loss for both Riot and themselves 2) Not **useful** * Nowadays using a proxy, vpn, dns and many other ways to circumvent the IP-ban is deceptively easy. Considering there is a much bigger negative impact to other players than only to the one toxic person, riot's current approach appears to me to be much more sensible. If you don't know what I am referring to, I'll try to sum it up quickly : * Players **who afk/leave** regularly get a penalty of ~20mins which they must wait before being able to start a game. Basically they have to click the "play" button, but instead of finding a game they have a timer for 20mins. If they leave before the timer is over then they have to redo it next time. And it happens for a few games. * Players **who are toxic** in chat and get reported regularly get a chat-restriction. They are not completely banned form the chat, but they have a fixed maximum amount of messages they can send during the game, then they cannot speak anymore, for something like 20 games (provided they don't get reported again). A player who is toxic on a regular basis may also be temporarily banned, generally for a few weeks or months. As banning an account will only result in the creation of a smurf (let's be serious a moment, it's what happens, we all know it), riot has decided to "impair" the main account the most possible without having to resort to bans. This way instead of only displacing the toxicity, they give a kind of "goal" to stop being toxic to the player. Also note that you can always mute and muteping toxic players. It's not easy to go on and ignore someone who's insulting you, but "be the bigger man" as they say. You know you are right, there is no point in arguing with people you know won't listen.
DearPear (EUW)
: Absolutly unplayable!
If you want to be even more correct "etc" should be preceded by a " , ". so for instance : lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, etc. Yes I'm hungry.
: Riot team read this asap
Well, you got 1 thing right, and two wrong. Firstly, you are right, afk's ruin games. But Riot has nothing to do with these brats, and there is already a system that penalises players after two relatively close afk (over something like 5-6 games I believe). Secondly, you are equaly as likely to play against a smurf as to play with a smurf, meaning that in a large enough sample of game, smurfs made you gain and lose roughly the same amount. And the same logic applies to afks. Thirdly, smurfs already get "huge MMR boosts". I'm Dia IV on EUW, and I made an account on EUNE. My smurf was placed in goldIV, and after 2 or 3 games, I started gaining 31lp, and eventually skipped goldII straight to goldI. And most of my games were against plat players. So yes, there is already a system, and yes it does work well. You really have to realise that smurfs don't stay in low elos for long.
Altiverse (EUNE)
: Reading through Zed's change history in the last two seasons absolutely disgusts me
Sigh. You disgust me. One could wonder why you start at patch 7.17 and not before or after. It's almost as if you were picking a part of it out of context to try to prove your point. Maybe because the patch prior to this one was ... patch 6.22. The Assassin rework patch. The one that left Zed extremely weak. Maybe you don't remember, but Zed was left struggling after these changes, around 45% winrate at the time -maybe due to being relatively "new", but zed mechanics didn't change enough to alone justify such a drop in winrate. And when **any** champion is extremely weak they get buffed until they are relevant. As for now, stats on op.gg show that zed is averaging a 50.2% winrate over the last 6 patches, which to me seems to indicate a balanced champion. And these are stats, not some "I feel zed is too strong omg let's post on boards" feeling. Stats. Tl;dr : Zed was very weak after the previous patch (assassin rework), so they buffed him. Nothing extraordinary here.
: I played like 5 games today and I only enjoyed 1
> The last game was the worst. I just afked "this community is the worse" so "I went afk" Yes, I see. You undoubtedly are part of this community.
: Just a reminder that the skill disparity in silver and gold is disgusting
Alright so, I created smurfs twice already, I'm a DiaIV midlaner but I wanted one account to train only top, and one more to train only jungle, and see if I could make it. Upon placements, one of my smurf ended up silverIV for some reason, while the other got to g1. And guess what, I climbed. I carried my way up regardless how bad people were. I'll say it here once : **blaming a supposed "skill disparity" for your loses is lying to yourself**, simply refusing to accept that you are not (yet?) good enough. Don't blame others, they're not the ones who matter. You are. Silver and Gold are the two elos where it's the easiest to carry. Literally the only reason bronze is harder to carry in is because people randomly go afk there, and depending on how unlucky you are, it may take more games to climb.
Antenora (EUW)
: The main problem with Silver in my opinion is as follows * Riot placing new players in Silver even if they go 0-10 in placements. I'm a strong believer that all new accounts, smurf or not should be forced to start in Bronze 5 by default. Silver is not the "Training Ground", Bronze is. Place new accounts and new players in Bronze. Let them learn the game in Bronze. Silver players should not have to deal with new players who have no clue what they are doing.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=thHX1dj8,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-07-02T10:26:44.797+0000) > Silver players should not have to deal with new players who have no clue what they are doing. If you are in Silver, you most likely don't have any clue as to what you're doing either, otherwise you would climb out of it very easily.
Jobriq (NA)
: Yi's Doublestrike passive interaction with Guinsoo is unhealthy and needs to go.
Yi+ Kayle never was a things to begin with, merely two high-elo players smurfing who picked a hard-snowballing champion and a hard-peeling champion. It just so happened that videos were made about it and it became popular, but it isn't a "godlike broken synergy". My point is, two challengers smurfing will have the same win ratio. They are smurfs. This won't work at whatever elo you're at. Also about the main post, what is actually unhealthy and needs to go is the current guinsoo's passive. It is very difficult to balance around and generally bad for the health of the game. Remember when Kog Maw had a 5.0 AS max ? Riot undid that because it put too much strain on the on-hit items overall. The phantom hit passive puts a similar strain on balance. Which is why it was move from the Jungle item to an hybrid item that would be akward to build on most champions. That alone should make you question just how unhealthy this passive is, if you need to place it on an item that next to no champion would want if that passive wasn't there. Another thing is that there is the fact it makes fed champions snowballing extremely hard as there is not much itemization available to whoever would like to buy defensive items against an on-hit build asides from Thornmail which indirectly is good due to its passive proq'ing often, but no thornmail will save you. On-hit builds generally have both flat-damages (wit's end, guinsoo's base on-hit dmg) and %health damages (Bloodrazor, Botrk) allowing to kill quickly squishies and tanks alike. A last thing I'd like to point out is that very few champions actually naturally build this as a core item (Yi, Kayle, Varus, Kai'sa*) and it would be both healthier and simpler to remove that passive from the game, and introduce a better item/passive. *No, Jax should not build guinsoo as a core item, only in very specific situations.
: Yeah riot definitely changed the wrong things. People: ornn does too much damage with W. Riot: ok. We'll take away unstoppable. =/ Definitely feels very weak to play with him now. Using unstoppable correctly took good judgement and could turn a fight around if done well. Now it's a very lackluster feeling skill.
> People: ornn does too much damage with W. Riot: ok. We'll take away unstoppable. In my opinion this was actually a good choice in term of "how to nerf"; a good champion is a champion who has clear strengths and weaknesses. Allow me to explain : In Ornn's case, he was meant to be a "damage and cc" tanky champion with low mobility. The problem with Unstoppable is that it's actually a very good mobility tool. While other tanks would get cc'ed, Ornn would just continue on his way to deliver his damages and cc. So now, what if riot let Unstoppable and removed damages, instead ? Well that would have left Ornn in a state where he could get to the ennemy, ... but then he would feel a bit underwhelming, due to the lack of damages. This is only my opinion, but I think letting the damages and removing Unstoppable was a right call from riot. It does remove a bit of depth to his kit, there's no denying that one, but it makes Ornn much easier to balance by tweaking numbers. Also as a sidenote, most people here probably don't realise that, but at higher elo (D2 +), that Unstoppable phase was deceptively strong.
Show more

Aekami

Level 33 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion