: Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl
While we're at it, cover up up the bare chested male champs and those wearing sleeveless shirts. Makes sense.
: Up until season 8, season 6 was the unanimous worst season in the game. And a big reason why isn't just dynamic queue alone, but the fact that riot actively ignored the entire community as a whole who were all collectively saying "bring back soloQ" the entire season in _every form of input_ (surveys, reddit, boards, twitch streams, pro players on twitter, their own roundtable). And season 8 was literally the exact same "new runes are shit, too much damage in the game" feedback from literally everyone, from everywhere and they aren't listening to that even now. I'm doubtful that hoping that things change is going to change or fix anything.
> [{quoted}](name=flibitydoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TPaXKKw8,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-11-18T19:59:04.462+0000) > > Up until season 8, season 6 was the unanimous worst season in the game. And a big reason why isn't just dynamic queue alone, but the fact that riot actively ignored the entire community as a whole who were all collectively saying "bring back soloQ" the entire season in _every form of input_ (surveys, reddit, boards, twitch streams, pro players on twitter, their own roundtable). > > And season 8 was literally the exact same "new runes are shit, too much damage in the game" feedback from literally everyone, from everywhere and they aren't listening to that even now. > > I'm doubtful that hoping that things change is going to change or fix anything. Don't forget people came out from an all time high in Season 5. Towers were in a good place, Tank meta was there (a bit overbearing), ADC's weren't useless, Mages could actually be countered. Damage wasn't anywhere near this high. CDR wasn't heavily available. Jungle was actually good. Then they started stripping away everything and DQ was the final straw. I'm pretty sure over half my friends list stopped playing because of DQ. S8 to me isn't as bad but it's a close second.
D4M2X0 (EUW)
: full AD = high chance of winning, full ap = autolose
Laughing at how ignorant this post is. First of all, full AP? Really? Secondly, MR is shit. With the exception of tanks, hitting above 100MR is hard to do and even when you do, they buy one item that negates 40% OF THAT! Then don't forget the 33 from boots and morello. Sudden impact makes that 39 Flat MRpen. Case in point, look at this video: https://youtu.be/xEzsxkt-6RA?t=1726 Now think before you post non-factual statements. thanks m8
: Why are there multiple magic resist + AD items, and only like 1 armor + AP item?
Are you for real rn? Okay let me explain. It's pretty simple actually. MR IS A JOKE! Except you're tank late game, then you're screwed. And then even when we build these so called "MR + AD" items, we don't have enough HP for them to be effective! Plus why bother building MR when void staff negates a whooping FOURTY PERCENT OF IT! Meaning that even if by some miracle, you get 200 MR, that's 80 MR already gone with just that item. Throw in Sorcs, Morello and you're left with less than 100 MR. See how friggin dumb that is? And what is the trade off for all that magic pen? Well nothing! Because you actually GAIN shit instead of losing out.
Eedat (NA)
: I'm not "triggered" by you throwing insults.
If inters aren't as banned as toxic people, then I really don't care for the system. A mute button exists. I see insults as a distraction and mute accordingly. I don't have to be offended to do so. However inters make the game nearly impossible to win and since Rito's algorithm doesn't help punish them, then it's an insanely flawed system. But hey, go awf sis.
: 2015 Preseason Spotlight.. TOWERS.
Most balanced League season idc.
: You wouldn't work without pay. Why should Riot?
Not one is saying Riot should work without pay, people are saying that Riot is becoming greedy and everything is overpriced. Every skin now is 1350 RP with borders and chromas. Every update has a ton of icons that no one gives a shit about. Every update passes by with them not reducing the cost of champions faster which makes the game a fucking grind. It's that shit that annoys people. Oh you got a bunch of free skins, whoop-de-fcking-doo. But guess what, they been making profits since 2015 afaik. So miss me with that "Riot is generous" bs.
: What the fuck is wrong with Yi?
Yi and Tryndamere are fundamentally broken at any given point in this current meta. Why? Because they have the ability to churn out true/high dmg after a few items. The literally outscale any of their counters and take a whole team to stop. They need reworks. Especially tryndamere. Having 35% crit available from level 1 is not healthy in the slightest.
: What in the flying fuck is wrong with the damage in this game???
I mean, technically, ignite at that level probably takes about 1/4 of your hp alone. Not far-fetched tbh.
: You guys nerfed this for a reason right? Why in hell are you rebuffing it?
I mean, it's not like he has a skin coming out and they want people to buy it. Nope. Definitely not the reason.
: I'm Sure Kha Won't Be Broken At All in 8.19
Anecdote but I played 4 "high elo" games with him since the patch. 100% winrate with at least 9 kills per game. Seems stronger than usual.
Hayaishi (NA)
: why does shroud needs to give her back energy? Why is her E recast global? Why is shroud duration extended whenever she re-enters it? That champion has so much unnecessary power its ridiculous.
> [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Lw7Htw5N,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-21T04:40:43.570+0000) > > why does shroud needs to give her back energy? > > Why is her E recast global? > > Why is shroud duration extended whenever she re-enters it? > > That champion has so much unnecessary power its ridiculous. - Because all energy champs need a way to regen energy since there's literally no other way besides blue buff. - Does it matter ? Very easy to counter since you know where she's landing - Because that's the duration her shroud was pre-rework - Unnecessary power, maybe. But I pref this to pre-rework Akali who destroyed you post-6 instantly. Old akali almost never ran out of energy with her chain Qs.
Kythers (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Primaquarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWepnJdX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:53:13.839+0000) > > If this change happens, Pyke would be useless, considering he cant be tanky oh shut up pyke has no weaknesses besides being melee
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWepnJdX,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-19T23:29:14.915+0000) > > oh shut up > > pyke has no weaknesses besides being melee So much BS in this reply that it stinks
Rioter Comments
: If you play competitive for a while the balance issues will eventually get under your skin.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnIAhYov,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-11T14:54:16.367+0000) > > If you play competitive for a while the balance issues will eventually get under your skin. I can see this happening but I'm not good enough yet for that to get to me.
: Have fun with Bridgittewatch! Her addition ruined the game for me. Power creep on new characters was too insane.
> [{quoted}](name=WhiteUranium,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnIAhYov,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-11T16:37:19.009+0000) > > Have fun with Bridgittewatch! > > Her addition ruined the game for me. Power creep on new characters was too insane. I feel she does too much damage for a "support". Moira too.
: For the love of low ranks: Find a Way to Nerf Zed
Just so you know, ANY champ can hard carry in low elo. Pick AD janna top and you can carry. Nerfing Zed will create a power vacuum and then the nerf cycle will continue.
afmghost (NA)
: Look at these fanatics, dissing Overwatch as they defend league. Overwatch, for one, has a lot more character balance than League. I mean some characters are too powerful, but it's mostly fair. League is just a mess. It also is less luck based. In league, if you're paired with a player who is either a thrower or just plain stinks, the only way the other team benefits (besides having more skill) is through ultimate charge. They don't deal more damage or have more health because of it, they just get their ultimate charged a bit quicker. Depsite all these serious fields that Overwatch dominates League over, these guys still stand by the inferior game.
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnIAhYov,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-11T01:48:10.552+0000) > > Look at these fanatics, dissing Overwatch as they defend league. > Overwatch, for one, has a lot more character balance than League. I mean some characters are too powerful, but it's mostly fair. League is just a mess. > It also is less luck based. In league, if you're paired with a player who is either a thrower or just plain stinks, the only way the other team benefits (besides having more skill) is through ultimate charge. They don't deal more damage or have more health because of it, they just get their ultimate charged a bit quicker. > > Depsite all these serious fields that Overwatch dominates League over, these guys still stand by the inferior game. I feel it's actually a lot more balanced than league *(currently). But I see a lot of hate.
: As someone who played over 500 hours of that game, I'd quit as soon as possible.
> [{quoted}](name=MetaVolca,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnIAhYov,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-11T01:35:56.597+0000) > > As someone who played over 500 hours of that game, I'd quit as soon as possible. Any reasons in particular?
vimaid (NA)
: ive played over watch and it gets worse as you play i talk from expierience i am level 800+ and they ruined the game with the addition of Brigitte.
> [{quoted}](name=vimaid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnIAhYov,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-11T01:17:35.499+0000) > > ive played over watch and it gets worse as you play i talk from expierience i am level 800+ and they ruined the game with the addition of Brigitte. Level 800+? That's a ton of games. I mean balance wise, there are some CLEAR issues but overall, it's a fun experience right now. I'll have to play competitive to know if I'll continue for long.
: Believe it or not, on this boards, that's an unpopular vocal opinion you got there
> [{quoted}](name=flibitydoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnIAhYov,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-11T01:11:21.491+0000) > > Believe it or not, on this boards, that's an unpopular vocal opinion you got there I mean I just started so who knows.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KHlp7UjX,comment-id=00420000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-11T01:37:28.695+0000) > > You're missing something. If a beginner picks Zed vs. Plat Irelia, he'll lose lane 100% of the time and call Zed "hard" or "Weak". If you play against unskilled players, then your experience is easier. It's all dependent on your opponents. How long will you dodge the actual topic of the thread? Opponents don't make a champion more mechanically difficult to use.
> [{quoted}](name=BearExperiment,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KHlp7UjX,comment-id=004200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-11T04:56:43.314+0000) > > How long will you dodge the actual topic of the thread? Opponents don't make a champion more mechanically difficult to use. No! YOU are messing up the definition. Basketball will be easier when you're just shooting baskets but then you add opponents and the difficulty increases. Playing Zed against inexperienced laners will make him FEEL easy. You don't have to think alot. You don't push your limits. You don't take calculated risks or learn different combos. You just ... play. Mechanically you're weak af. I used to think I was the best Jax EUW when I was level 30 cos I had over 300 games with him back in s3. Then I jumped in ranked and got instantly dominated and this was bronze. He wasn't "easy to play" anymore.
: We are talking about how easy he is is to pick up and play, not how easily he can win games or not.
> [{quoted}](name=BearExperiment,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KHlp7UjX,comment-id=0042000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T00:24:31.694+0000) > > We are talking about how easy he is is to pick up and play, not how easily he can win games or not. You're missing something. If a beginner picks Zed vs. Plat Irelia, he'll lose lane 100% of the time and call Zed "hard" or "Weak". If you play against unskilled players, then your experience is easier. It's all dependent on your opponents.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yjd6TdJz,comment-id=000800000001,timestamp=2018-09-10T00:18:31.069+0000) > > If it's "freelo" champ, then why haven't you used him to get out of gold 5? You literally have only one game as Yasuo and you lost 3/10/5. If this "windwall" ability is oh so strong, then why don't you abuse it? There's a fucking reason, and it's not Yasuo. Check yourself. Rank shaming is not acceptable. I also don't want to be one of those person to use the easy to victory. I also don't played on this account for 2 month so your comment is invalid.
> [{quoted}](name=Press Q Win,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yjd6TdJz,comment-id=0008000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-10T00:28:30.909+0000) > > Rank shaming is not acceptable. I also don't want to be one of those person to use the easy to victory. I also don't played on this account for 2 month so your comment is invalid. It's not rank shaming. It's a legitimate question. "Easy way to victory" LMFAO! You cannot say that man. Until you have played a lot of games with at least 50% winrate, then you can't call a champ "easy". You haven't played for 2 months, yes, but you have also played only one game as Yasuo and did Horribly. Not sure what your argument is rn.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=AmazoX,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yjd6TdJz,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-09T15:44:59.781+0000) > > For how linear and basic his kit is, he deserves to keep Wind Wall, without it, Yasuo cannot operate, and he had Wind Wall since release, he only ever got overpowered twice and it never was because of Wind Wall. > > #*The first time* > > SEASON 6 Warlords Bloodlust keystone which gave healing that also got doubled upon critical strike. > > #*The Second Time* > > After Mage update, ArKaDaTa made the frozen force build which had him abusing Trinity force critical chance. > > That is IT. This ability that can block most projectiles in the game has never ever made him broken neither was it ever the reason for his pick even in professional team oriented matches. No, Yasuo being at 63 % ban rate prove my point. Something is frustrating to play against Yasuo and this thing is his WINDWALL. Stop trying to defend your freelo champ.
> [{quoted}](name=Press Q Win,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yjd6TdJz,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-09-09T15:57:14.269+0000) > > No, Yasuo being at 63 % ban rate prove my point. Something is frustrating to play against Yasuo and this thing is his WINDWALL. Stop trying to defend your freelo champ. If it's "freelo" champ, then why haven't you used him to get out of gold 5? You literally have only one game as Yasuo and you lost 3/10/5. If this "windwall" ability is oh so strong, then why don't you abuse it? There's a fucking reason, and it's not Yasuo. Check yourself.
Pale Mask (EUW)
: So, Netflix is supposedly going to cast a non-white actress as Ciri for their Witcher show
Okay as a "minority", here are my thoughts: I think the race/religion/Sexual orientation of a character in any adaptation should not matter as long as it is not essential to the story or as long as it is not contradictory. So say making T'Challa white, that won't work seeing as him being black is part of what defines his character. Looking at this character, she can be played by any race and that'll be fine. Now here's the problem. Since the push for "representation", white people have been demonised a whole lot and I can understand why there is a bit of outrage over this. What I'm trying to say is, the race of the person playing this person wouldn't have mattered if SJWs didn't make race an "obvious" characteristic in movies.
: That's the elo getting harder not zed. You have to be good enough with any champion to continue a climb, that's why people stop climbing.
> [{quoted}](name=Boatwhistle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KHlp7UjX,comment-id=00420000,timestamp=2018-09-09T02:51:35.664+0000) > > That's the elo getting harder not zed. You have to be good enough with any champion to continue a climb, that's why people stop climbing. Saying "X champ is easy to play" doesn't mean much. You have to ask "against what champ?", "How skilled is your lane opponent?". If you play any champ in Normals for 100 games, you can easily get gold with that champ. But going against more skilled opponents, you need to get better at the champ. Every champ is easy to start playing when you aren't against skilled opponents, some easier than others (Garen easier than Azir; You get the point). So what OP said is true for every champ. Not specific to Zed.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=00060000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T23:14:23.414+0000) > > Lool what a first world definition of "treated like shit". Women are being turned away from jobs, being sold to slavery of all kinds, beaten up but nope, someone assuming you lack knowledge is "being treated like shit". I give up. Girl bye.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000600000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-08T02:17:32.988+0000) > > Girl bye. Ahh look, someone who's some comfortable in her first world skin that she can't stand to think of anything else. You close minded af. Fix up.
: Zed is way too over played, can we all finally admit it is because he is very easy to play?
Any champ is "easy to play" in Bronze - Gold. From Plat +, you start getting punished easily. If I play against a Zed with anything less than 50 games with over 50% winrate, he's losing. Facts.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000600000001,timestamp=2018-09-06T12:55:40.323+0000) > > They don't get treated like shit. The part about assumption is right. But then the same can be said for fashion. Would you rather go to a bro to ask if your outfit is tight, or your girlfriend? It's human nature to subconsciously create stereotypes. You see mostly male mechanics and assume most males know about cars (I personally don't know squat). You see mostly females on runways and assume women know more about fashion. It's everywhere. And female mechanics are welcomed with open arms once they prove their expertise. There's one thing men respect above all and and that's skill. I reckon being talked to like you have no clue what you’re talking about based on your gender is a pretty shit way to treat someone. But that’s just me
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=0006000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-06T14:05:34.580+0000) > > I reckon being talked to like you have no clue what you’re talking about based on your gender is a pretty shit way to treat someone. > > But that’s just me Lool what a first world definition of "treated like shit". Women are being turned away from jobs, being sold to slavery of all kinds, beaten up but nope, someone assuming you lack knowledge is "being treated like shit". I give up.
hotarse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2018-09-06T12:50:37.710+0000) > > I love how highly self-centred women are. > "He picked on me because I'm a woman" > Lool I get the same shit with guys threatening to sodomize me for bad gameplay. I don't cry about that shit. I play. Trolls don't use sexist insults because you're a woman but because you let it get to you. I promise if you are unphased, they'll change their tactics. Internet 101 people, don't be bothered by the internet. Just because you're too scared to stand up for yourself doesn't mean others shouldn't.
> [{quoted}](name=hotarse,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T15:38:00.147+0000) > > Just because you're too scared to stand up for yourself doesn't mean others shouldn't. Lool. Yeah. This is how you sound: "Let me take it upon myself to get angry and defensive because an anonymous stranger on the internet said some bad things about me even though he doesn't know me". Does that sound smart?
: > [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-09-05T21:57:08.163+0000) > > i guess the auto repair industry is sexist too cuz its dominated by men by like 95%. I mean, they openly treat women like shit systematically. Ask your women friends how they get treated like they automatically get treated they know nothing about cars solely because of their gender. Happens more than you think.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-09-05T22:50:57.099+0000) > > I mean, they openly treat women like shit systematically. > > Ask your women friends how they get treated like they automatically get treated they know nothing about cars solely because of their gender. > > Happens more than you think. They don't get treated like shit. The part about assumption is right. But then the same can be said for fashion. Would you rather go to a bro to ask if your outfit is tight, or your girlfriend? It's human nature to subconsciously create stereotypes. You see mostly male mechanics and assume most males know about cars (I personally don't know squat). You see mostly females on runways and assume women know more about fashion. It's everywhere. And female mechanics are welcomed with open arms once they prove their expertise. There's one thing men respect above all and and that's skill.
: Listen, dude, to be real I've dealt with 3 sexist trainwrecks of humanbeings this week, I won't type a blog post about it (if you wanna know, ask), but toxic a*holes like to pick out anything out of the norm, could be ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, whatever, and they will beeline for it. So they beeline for girls. Yes, it's not fair to give all gamers a bad rep because we're not these people's keepers, but they do exist and they are a huge turn-off when it comes to gaming. As for women in gaming industry, like most of the sexism in that is SUPER-indirect, it's mostly to do with their education and how they were encouraged, it's not on an industry to hire under-qualified workers, true. But when they do get them it is up to them to treat them right.
> [{quoted}](name=NekoniClaws,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-09-05T22:28:09.870+0000) > > Listen, dude, to be real I've dealt with 3 sexist trainwrecks of humanbeings this week, I won't type a blog post about it (if you wanna know, ask), but toxic a*holes like to pick out anything out of the norm, could be ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, whatever, and they will beeline for it. So they beeline for girls. Yes, it's not fair to give all gamers a bad rep because we're not these people's keepers, but they do exist and they are a huge turn-off when it comes to gaming. > > As for women in gaming industry, like most of the sexism in that is SUPER-indirect, it's mostly to do with their education and how they were encouraged, it's not on an industry to hire under-qualified workers, true. But when they do get them it is up to them to treat them right. I love how highly self-centred women are. "He picked on me because I'm a woman" Lool I get the same shit with guys threatening to sodomize me for bad gameplay. I don't cry about that shit. I play. Trolls don't use sexist insults because you're a woman but because you let it get to you. I promise if you are unphased, they'll change their tactics. Internet 101 people, don't be bothered by the internet.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Women being uninterested in video games is just a pure stereotype I don't get who do you think you are to claim something that you just imagine in your mind >if they want to be gamers, they will be welcomed. https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/MvsksxvBFqFaJTXeFbDI66hk0H4Ii2IFLx25zq9Ke2I/https/i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/895fe7a239e44e56ad5a4b5f73bce51b-png.jpg I guess no one here has an idea of the amount of sexism girls encounter in games PS: **yes this pax fiasco was an aberration from riot** and **Yes, sexism against women in video games is still real**
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-05T20:06:06.037+0000) > > Women being uninterested in video games is just a pure stereotype > > I don't get who do you think you are to claim something that you just imagine in your mind > > https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/MvsksxvBFqFaJTXeFbDI66hk0H4Ii2IFLx25zq9Ke2I/https/i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/895fe7a239e44e56ad5a4b5f73bce51b-png.jpg > > I guess no one here has an idea of the amount of sexism girls encounter in games > > PS: **yes this pax fiasco was an aberration from riot** > and > **Yes, sexism against women in video games is still real** Lol compared to what I've received, this is child's play. It's toxic people, not men.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YTwOVAyt,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-09-04T10:41:22.107+0000) > > First of all, it's irelia so honestly dgaf. Secondly. Let's analyze it. He hit every single ability. Before than he cleaved her fully meaning she had WAYYY less armor and he had a ton of AD and lethality AND ignite. So seems pretty normal given the state of the game. > > Side note: So we're just gonna ignore the fact that irelia almost killed him without ult? Okay. https://streamable.com/4ijmo Now I know I was 2 levels down but she literally only managed to auto me twice, missed her E, missed her R and almost kills me with ignite. Irelia is bullshit. Ignite is bullshit.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YTwOVAyt,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2018-09-04T12:02:56.288+0000) > > https://streamable.com/4ijmo > > > Now I know I was 2 levels down but she literally only managed to auto me twice, missed her E, missed her R and almost kills me with ignite. > > Irelia is bullshit. > Ignite is bullshit. That's actually BS. Meaning if she hit one of those abilities, you'd be dead almost instantly.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: >Side note: So we're just gonna ignore the fact that irelia almost killed him without ult? Okay. yea? i don't know what the fuck is this thread also zed's damage done on shields still increases his ult damage so sterak is useless if it didn't enchanters would completly nullify his damage
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YTwOVAyt,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-09-04T11:17:27.153+0000) > > yea? i don't know what the fuck is this thread > also zed's damage done on shields still increases his ult damage so sterak is useless > > if it didn't enchanters would completly nullify his damage Exactly. Not saying the damage isn't bullshit (it's bullshit) but compared to some of the shit I see TFBlade do with irelia to MULTIPLE enemies, this is nothing.
: Does Zed needs a buff?
First of all, it's irelia so honestly dgaf. Secondly. Let's analyze it. He hit every single ability. Before than he cleaved her fully meaning she had WAYYY less armor and he had a ton of AD and lethality AND ignite. So seems pretty normal given the state of the game. Side note: So we're just gonna ignore the fact that irelia almost killed him without ult? Okay.
4eva (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Tetsuo and Youth,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EAjQQWz8,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-03T16:59:59.635+0000) > > they need to nerf his ridiculous lane sustain with the regen passive, do that and he will be quite balanced. Nope. It's there to make up for his lack of HP. Do you know how hard he get cucked by poke lanes?
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T09:19:32.236+0000) > > Yeah I have that same argument. There are fields previously dominated by men that women took over. But then what about the female streamers? Most get Diamond and basically just chill. I mean it's literally their job to play the game. So I honestly can't tell. This is why I have a problem with saying "Women are not represented in gaming". What's the point if most give up on gaming after a while or just don't take it seriously? Very true. People very often automatically assume there's a problem when a gender is more represented than another in parts of society. This is not true and is not a given anyhow. Anyone can pick up a computer or console and start gaming. There's nothing physically tangible stopping you from going pro if that's what you want. But since that's not the case, then we have to make the assumption that most women simply don't want to. Heck, I've given up on finding a girlfriend that's into gaming. It's like finding a needle in a haystack (and I know many buddies with the same wishes or wish that their current partner would get into it). My personal experience is that it's not men standing in the way for female representation.
> [{quoted}](name=Blåbæret,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=00040000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-03T10:46:54.268+0000) > > Very true. > > People very often automatically assume there's a problem when a gender is more represented than another in parts of society. This is not true and is not a given anyhow. Anyone can pick up a computer or console and start gaming. There's nothing physically tangible stopping you from going pro if that's what you want. > > But since that's not the case, then we have to make the assumption that most women simply don't want to. Heck, I've given up on finding a girlfriend that's into gaming. It's like finding a needle in a haystack (and I know many buddies with the same wishes or wish that their current partner would get into it). My personal experience is that it's not men standing in the way for female representation. >My personal experience is that it's not men standing in the way for female representation That right there is the fact of the matter. Look at Margaret Hamilton who led the development of the flight software for Apollo moon missions. She started her career at an early age (25 I think). She wasn't held back or pulled down. No. She was and is still being celebrated and not because she's a woman but because she made a name for herself.
Jaspers (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T09:19:32.236+0000) > > Yeah I have that same argument. There are fields previously dominated by men that women took over. But then what about the female streamers? Most get Diamond and basically just chill. I mean it's literally their job to play the game. So I honestly can't tell. This is why I have a problem with saying "Women are not represented in gaming". What's the point if most give up on gaming after a while or just don't take it seriously? Take it seriously? They are working for your entertainment, not their rank. The 'women represented in gaming', isn't about streamers or pros. It's about the industry as a whole and I don't mean gaming. I mean IT. Women just aren't interested in IT jobs, the technical side of things. This article by IGN referencing a report states that only 22-23% of employees in the gaming industry are women in the US. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/12/20/women-in-video-game-development-in-2017-a-snapshot I wonder how many of those are actually programmers, not marketing, music or design. I am one of 5 front end web developers, there are 8-10 C# developers, 3 back end systems developers and 4 service desk. None of them are female, not because we don't hire women but because we can't, no women apply to these jobs. In my time at the company (which is far too long) we have had 1 female employee and they were a designer, not programmer. In my degree which is a while ago now, there were 3 women out of 60 on the course. Even gaming as a hobby there are more male gamers, this is just the case. Riot and other game developers and larger IT businesses are trying to do is encourage women into the industry and if not via directly as programmers but other means. Design, music, marketing, writing. All are part of the industry and all are things that women will be more interested in. Heck, I'm not even interested in my chosen profession anymore. :P
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T09:51:45.836+0000) > > Take it seriously? They are working for your entertainment, not their rank. > > The 'women represented in gaming', isn't about streamers or pros. It's about the industry as a whole and I don't mean gaming. I mean IT. Women just aren't interested in IT jobs, the technical side of things. > > This article by IGN referencing a report states that only 22-23% of employees in the gaming industry are women in the US. > http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/12/20/women-in-video-game-development-in-2017-a-snapshot > > I wonder how many of those are actually programmers, not marketing, music or design. I am one of 5 front end web developers, there are 8-10 C# developers, 3 back end systems developers and 4 service desk. None of them are female, not because we don't hire women but because we can't, no women apply to these jobs. In my time at the company (which is far too long) we have had 1 female employee and they were a designer, not programmer. In my degree which is a while ago now, there were 3 women out of 60 on the course. > > Even gaming as a hobby there are more male gamers, this is just the case. > > Riot and other game developers and larger IT businesses are trying to do is encourage women into the industry and if not via directly as programmers but other means. Design, music, marketing, writing. All are part of the industry and all are things that women will be more interested in. Heck, I'm not even interested in my chosen profession anymore. :P - >Take it seriously? They are working for your entertainment, not their rank. A lot of the top twitch streamers are Masters/Challenger. High elo streams are definitely more entertaining. >The 'women represented in gaming', isn't about streamers or pros. It's about the industry as a whole and I don't mean gaming. I mean IT. Women just aren't interested in IT jobs, the technical side of things. > >This article by IGN referencing a report states that only 22-23% of employees in the gaming industry are women in the US. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/12/20/women-in-video-game-development-in-2017-a-snapshot But this argument can be used for teachers. 87% of teachers in the US are female. Do you see men holding protests/ getting male only workshops? Nope. Are there many qualified men stuck in odd ljobs who would gladly choose the teaching profession? Definitely! >I wonder how many of those are actually programmers, not marketing, music or design. I am one of 5 front end web developers, there are 8-10 C# developers, 3 back end systems developers and 4 service desk. None of them are female, not because we don't hire women but because we can't, no women apply to these jobs. In my time at the company (which is far too long) we have had 1 female employee and they were a designer, not programmer. In my degree which is a while ago now, there were 3 women out of 60 on the course. THIS IS OKAY! You don't need 50:50 representation in everything. Women aren't at a disadvantage by not being in STEM. And if they want, the doors are always open. But to force the ratio of men:women to 50:50 for the sake of it is simple stupid. >Even gaming as a hobby there are more male gamers, this is just the case. > >Riot and other game developers and larger IT businesses are trying to do is encourage women into the industry and if not via directly as programmers but other means. Design, music, marketing, writing. All are part of the industry and all are things that women will be more interested in. Heck, I'm not even interested in my chosen profession anymore. :P Encourage? Why do they need encouragement? If they have a passion, they follow it just like men do. Why do women get elevators while men use stairs? Do you think men were gifted positions in IT? Lmfao!
: > [{quoted}](name=Votable Jester,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-02T17:46:51.812+0000) > > My issue with this is that it looks at people not as individuals, but as part of groups. The success of one male is seen as a win for all males despite not actually helping the other males. > > I don't feel a kinship with them simply for being male (in fact I currently feel a degree of antagonism), their success in no way benefits me. Why should the fact that other males have succeeded in this area mean that you or I should not be allowed to succeed in the area? This is where you are wrong. Not only does the fact that there being more males in a position of power benefit you but it increases your chances of succeeding in that area though you may not be as deserving. Do you think that 83 men are the most qualified to be US Senators? Since the ratio of men to women in the US is about 50/50 their must be some huge factors that push the Senate composition to 80/20. There may be other factors other than just straight sexism, but clearly, there is something going on. Having more that look and think like you in a position of power increases your chances of also getting there. This whole PAX thing comes down to one simple premise. White males are so used to being at the top of the power structure oppressing others in ways that aren't explicit that when this structure changes they freak out and claim that they are the ones being oppressed. Look at these boards. They can't go in one room for a small amount of time and freak out. It like the white dude that doesn't get why someone black can say the N word but he can't. It is the one power a black person has over a white person, the ability to say the N word freely, and white people freak out.
> [{quoted}](name=Mast3rShake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:17:17.833+0000) > > This is where you are wrong. > > Not only does the fact that there being more males in a position of power benefit you but it increases your chances of succeeding in that area though you may not be as deserving. Do you think that 83 men are the most qualified to be US Senators? Since the ratio of men to women in the US is about 50/50 their must be some huge factors that push the Senate composition to 80/20. There may be other factors other than just straight sexism, but clearly, there is something going on. Having more that look and think like you in a position of power increases your chances of also getting there. > > This whole PAX thing comes down to one simple premise. White males are so used to being at the top of the power structure oppressing others in ways that aren't explicit that when this structure changes they freak out and claim that they are the ones being oppressed. Look at these boards. They can't go in one room for a small amount of time and freak out. > > It like the white dude that doesn't get why someone black can say the N word but he can't. It is the one power a black person has over a white person, the ability to say the N word freely, and white people freak out. Lol > Not only does the fact that there being more males in a position of power benefit you but it increases your chances of succeeding in that area though you may not be as deserving. Do you think that 83 men are the most qualified to be US Senators? Since the ratio of men to women in the US is about 50/50 their must be some huge factors that push the Senate composition to 80/20. There may be other factors other than just straight sexism, but clearly, there is something going on. Having more that look and think like you in a position of power increases your chances of also getting there. This is just straight up BS. Did you ask how how many women were candidates for election? Since you said the US is about 50:50 in terms of population, why don't all women just joke for the women candidates? That logic is flawed. >This whole PAX thing comes down to one simple premise. White males are so used to being at the top of the power structure oppressing others in ways that aren't explicit that when this structure changes they freak out and claim that they are the ones being oppressed. Look at these boards. They can't go in one room for a small amount of time and freak out. You know the thing that insults me the most, the fact that a lot of people think the US is the only place in the world that matters. Asians are at the top of the power structures in Asia, big whoop. Black people are at the top of power structures in Africa, big fucking whoop. White males are expected to be at the top of the power structure in the US because when you think about it, THE WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY WAS INHABITED BY MAJORLY WHITE PEOPLE (And the native residents). Even currently, white people make up about 70% of the population so the chances of White males being on top statistically makes sense. Also, saying "We want to keep people out of a room because of their race/gender" is where the problem lies. There are women only workshops but how you present it is the matter. Also, the Rioters that were defending the idea did a really poor job. They started insulting everyone and calling the manbabies/priviledged/etc and basically referred to all of them as white males which insults me as a black male. >It like the white dude that doesn't get why someone black can say the N word but he can't. It is the one power a black person has over a white person, the ability to say the N word freely, and white people freak out. Personally idgaf about the N word but most do. However, majority of white people don't use it freely. If one dude can't understand that, then that's just one dude out of millions. Also, you can't compare both scenarios.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-09-02T23:14:35.590+0000) > > Nice analysis. Now lemme ask a question. There are thousands of girls (Maybe a million?) playing League, yet I only know of one who hit challenger in KR. Is it that maybe the motivation to climb in video games isn't as appealing? Is that a social or psychological thing? If you're asking me my personal opinion, then I'd say it's a good blend of social _and _ psychological factors at play here. The truth is that yes, we can always say that there's the social stigma that says gaming is a men's hobby, and no doubt this plays a crucial role in shaping women's perception of gaming. But I would also think that there are unconcious streams of thought in the works. Let's be real here: Social sciences used to be dominated by men just a few decades ago, now women dominate the field. There is no reason why women couldn't have done the same to programming or any other field of study if that's what they wanted. Instead we see mostly an influx of men to these fields. I'm no psychologist, hence I won't dwell too much on this, but clearly there are psychological factors yet to be accounted for that makes many females simply not interested or willing to climb elo (without forgetting social restraints). If we are to take a structuralist approach, then we could say that, unconciously, gaming is in our minds associated with a category representing masculinity, and it follows, then, that females aren't as likely to commit to what is essentially a men's ideal (if we can say that). Of course deviations still exist and such categorization is in a constant flux of change.
> [{quoted}](name=Blåbæret,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T00:38:41.683+0000) > > If you're asking me my personal opinion, then I'd say it's a good blend of social _and _ psychological factors at play here. The truth is that yes, we can always say that there's the social stigma that says gaming is a men's hobby, and no doubt this plays a crucial role in shaping women's perception of gaming. But I would also think that there are unconcious streams of thought in the works. Let's be real here: Social sciences used to be dominated by men just a few decades ago, now women dominate the field. There is no reason why women couldn't have done the same to programming or any other field of study if that's what they wanted. Instead we see mostly an influx of men to these fields. I'm no psychologist, hence I won't dwell too much on this, but clearly there are psychological factors yet to be accounted for that makes many females simply not interested or willing to climb elo (without forgetting social restraints). If we are to take a structuralist approach, then we could say that, unconciously, gaming is in our minds associated with a category representing masculinity, and it follows, then, that females aren't as likely to commit to what is essentially a men's ideal (if we can say that). Of course deviations still exist and such categorization is in a constant flux of change. Yeah I have that same argument. There are fields previously dominated by men that women took over. But then what about the female streamers? Most get Diamond and basically just chill. I mean it's literally their job to play the game. So I honestly can't tell. This is why I have a problem with saying "Women are not represented in gaming". What's the point if most give up on gaming after a while or just don't take it seriously?
: > [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-02T23:08:46.444+0000) > > You know the funny fucking thing about this whole debacle? When the credit rolls after you finish a game, you scroll past through ALL those names (majority of which are men) and move on. The sleepless nights, endless stress and possibly mental breakdowns, and the recognition they manage to get isn't even acknowledged by the players. That too. People usually think about of the game development company as an entity. They don't pay close attnetion to the individuals behind it unless there are really outstanding individuals. For instance, Chris Avellone didn't become famous for being "a dude in gaming" he made a name for himself by repeatedly producing good games regardless of the company he worked at. However, there are hundreds of professionals who contribute to a good game with their hard work, who polish the game and make valid additions, but they don't get acknowledged individually by the audience because the audience is too busy playing the game. In the end the audience says "That's company is good. I'm looking forward to more games from them", which doesn't really address the stress, sweat and tears the teams went through while making the game. Yet, it is the only recognition they get and the only proof that they did everything right. It's a really tough and exhausting experience. > Women think gaming is all sunshine and rainbows but the thing I mentioned above is the reality. Your work will most likely go unnoticed. Don't expect special treatment. I think, anyone, who goes into industry to be noticed and publicly famous, is making a mistake already. Their primary purpose should be doing what they are good at and getting a solid foundation, making a statement. If you are really good, you will be noticed by potential employers and you will have a solid portfolio to submit to the company of interest. Behind its flashy attire, gaming industry is all about work, just like any other niche, and it should be treated accordingly.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T08:16:51.433+0000) > > That too. People usually think about of the game development company as an entity. They don't pay close attnetion to the individuals behind it unless there are really outstanding individuals. For instance, Chris Avellone didn't become famous for being "a dude in gaming" he made a name for himself by repeatedly producing good games regardless of the company he worked at. > > However, there are hundreds of professionals who contribute to a good game with their hard work, who polish the game and make valid additions, but they don't get acknowledged individually by the audience because the audience is too busy playing the game. In the end the audience says "That's company is good. I'm looking forward to more games from them", which doesn't really address the stress, sweat and tears the teams went through while making the game. Yet, it is the only recognition they get and the only proof that they did everything right. > > It's a really tough and exhausting experience. > > I think, anyone, who goes into industry to be noticed and publicly famous, is making a mistake already. Their primary purpose should be doing what they are good at and getting a solid foundation, making a statement. > > If you are really good, you will be noticed by potential employers and you will have a solid portfolio to submit to the company of interest. Behind its flashy attire, gaming industry is all about work, just like any other niche, and it should be treated accordingly. My thoughts exactly!
Saibbo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=PrismalDawn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7r0WK1zs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-01T22:09:39.183+0000) > > Someone fill me in, what happened? > Which riot employee made eye contact for too long? The usual journalist that made a 5000 words essay from 3/4 woman that worked at riot talking about being harassed and stuff, blown out of proportion rightfully or not, but now they did restricted the entranced in a room at PAX to only woman and non-binary people until a certain hour because of that, like they did a good move to not be considered a sexist company by some anymore
> [{quoted}](name=Saibbo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7r0WK1zs,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-09-02T09:55:51.445+0000) > > The usual journalist that made a 5000 words essay from 3/4 woman that worked at riot talking about being harassed and stuff, blown out of proportion rightfully or not, but now they did restricted the entranced in a room at PAX to only woman and non-binary people until a certain hour because of that, like they did a good move to not be considered a sexist company by some anymore Thought it was 28 women/men?
: In social sciences we have something called _social structures_. These are flows of repeatable ideas, thoughts and actions anchored in our institutions that give rise to our way[s] of being. These structures help shape what we do and how we do it. These structures are not made with intent, malicious or otherwise. No individual can control or create such a complex phenomenon (although the extremist wing of feminism loves to blame males for everything and anything). It is these structures that form gender roles and our perception of genders. This is why people often have very specific masculine and/or feminine traits and interests. These are socially anchored; they are not natural, nor are they created with intent. My point is simply that females very often (as can be observed) will lean towards other interests than gaming due to the way these structures function and the ideas they contain. You may ask why this is the case (which is not relevant here). **In truth, there is absolutely nothing stopping women (with an interest, mind you) from getting into gaming and/or taking a programming education, just as there's nothing stopping men with an interest from applying to social sciences despite there being far more women in these fields of study**. If feminists want to change the video game industry, then they should try to change the social structures instead of blaming men for something which they are not in control of; women deserve as much blame as men (if not more) for the way things are. It's not men's fault that they are interested in gaming and females are not (as I have empirically observed countless times). And if you cannot succeed in the industry because your work is subpar, then that is on you, and only you; not men. We also have to critically ask ourselves if there really is anything wrong with females or males being more dominant in certain fields due to having different interests. More often than not we create an issue where there need be none.
> [{quoted}](name=Blåbæret,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:37:21.105+0000) > > In social sciences we have something called _social structures_. These are flows of repeatable ideas, thoughts and actions anchored in our institutions that give rise to our way[s] of being. These structures help shape what we do and how we do it. These structures are not made with intent, malicious or otherwise. No individual can control or create such a complex phenomenon (although the extremist wing of feminism loves to blame males for everything and anything). > > > It is these structures that form gender roles and our perception of genders. This is why people often have very specific masculine and/or feminine traits. These are socially anchored; they are not natural, nor are they created with intent. > > My point is simply that females very often (as can be observed) will lean towards other interests than gaming due to the way these structures function and the ideas they contain. You may ask why this is the case (which is not relevant here). **In truth, there is absolutely nothing stopping women with an interest from getting into gaming and/or taking a programming education, just as there's nothing stopping men from applying to social sciences despite there being far more women in these fields of science**. If feminists want to change the video game industry, then they should try to change the social structures instead of blaming men for something which they are not in control of; women deserve as much blame as men (if not more) for the way things are. It's not men's fault that they are interested in gaming and females are not (as I have empirically observed countless times). And if you cannot succeed in the industry because your work is subpar, then that is on you, and only you; not men. > > We also have to critically ask ourselves if there really is anything wrong with females or males being more dominant in certain fields due to having different interests. More often than not we create an issue where there need be none. Nice analysis. Now lemme ask a question. There are thousands of girls (Maybe a million?) playing League, yet I only know of one who hit challenger in KR. Is it that maybe the motivation to climb in video games isn't as appealing? Is that a social or psychological thing?
: Today, with Steam greenlight program and lots of tools available, I think anyone with enough time, tools, desire and enthusiasm can make a name for themselves in gaming as long as they focus on fun and plot. And if the game is good, playerbase is not going to scrutinize the developer's sex and personal life, they'll just send positive feedback and "make more, pls, thank you". I see the main issue with "celebrate women in game industry" is that they are celebrated before they do anything. Meanwhile, there is Maja Moldenhauer, the producer and inking artist behind Cuphead, who did a shitton of work, time management, leading her team to make the game happen. She is amazing because of her work. Or Melina Juergens, the video editor in Ninja Gaming who became face and voice of the Hellblade protagonist. She took fighting lessons, worked out, learned how to perform, did her research, worked on the scenes and worked on her video editing - it's a lot of things to do at once and she performed wonderfully. Such female developers are great and nobody sane will argue with that. And then there is the particular kind of female developers that appears on social media 24/7, hasn't got a solid game done, but shits on their target audience and laments about "how hard it is to be a girl in the industry" non-stop. Whenever it produces the game it's either a raw version that will never be polished or an epileptic abomination stuffed with social politics (which make no sense in sci-fi setting). Whenever the game is never finished or fails, gamers are blamed because "they don't buy REALLY GOOD GAMES" and media states that it all because "female developers are not celebrated enough". Also, production is hell. It doesn't matter whether you're a guy or a girl, you will find yourself in a middle of a huge mess and WILL have to crack heads with people to get shit done. That's because people are people and everybody thinks they know the ONLY RIGHT way to reach the goal - if you are leading the project, you have to talk to them and made sure team members get along. Whenever you dedicate yourself to a project, you have to be ready for this. Nerves are tested, friendships are tested, coffee is abundant and spears break like toothpicks. This is just how it goes.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-02T20:03:42.482+0000) > > Today, with Steam greenlight program and lots of tools available, I think anyone with enough time, tools, desire and enthusiasm can make a name for themselves in gaming as long as they focus on fun and plot. > And if the game is good, playerbase is not going to scrutinize the developer's sex and personal life, they'll just send positive feedback and "make more, pls, thank you". > > I see the main issue with "celebrate women in game industry" is that they are celebrated before they do anything. > > Meanwhile, there is Maja Moldenhauer, the producer and inking artist behind Cuphead, who did a shitton of work, time management, leading her team to make the game happen. She is amazing because of her work. > > Or Melina Juergens, the video editor in Ninja Gaming who became face and voice of the Hellblade protagonist. She took fighting lessons, worked out, learned how to perform, did her research, worked on the scenes and worked on her video editing - it's a lot of things to do at once and she performed wonderfully. > > Such female developers are great and nobody sane will argue with that. > > And then there is the particular kind of female developers that appears on social media 24/7, hasn't got a solid game done, but shits on their target audience and laments about "how hard it is to be a girl in the industry" non-stop. > > Whenever it produces the game it's either a raw version that will never be polished or an epileptic abomination stuffed with social politics (which make no sense in sci-fi setting). Whenever the game is never finished or fails, gamers are blamed because "they don't buy REALLY GOOD GAMES" and media states that it all because "female developers are not celebrated enough". > > Also, production is hell. It doesn't matter whether you're a guy or a girl, you will find yourself in a middle of a huge mess and WILL have to crack heads with people to get shit done. That's because people are people and everybody thinks they know the ONLY RIGHT way to reach the goal - if you are leading the project, you have to talk to them and made sure team members get along. > > Whenever you dedicate yourself to a project, you have to be ready for this. Nerves are tested, friendships are tested, coffee is abundant and spears break like toothpicks. > > This is just how it goes. You know the funny fucking thing about this whole debacle? When the credit rolls after you finish a game, you scroll past through ALL those names (majority of which are men) and move on. The sleepless nights, endless stress and possibly mental breakdowns, and the recognition they manage to get isn't even acknowledged by the players. Women think gaming is all sunshine and rainbows but the thing I mentioned above is the reality. Your work will most likely go unnoticed. Don't expect special treatment.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sillae,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T19:34:10.192+0000) > > Interesting enough, but off topic, many male romance novel writers go under female pseudonyms so that readers don't go, "Ugh a guy wrote this? What a creep." that's a good point, now I wish it was possible to go under pseudonyms for child care LOL
> [{quoted}](name=TeCoolMage,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T20:01:59.018+0000) > > that's a good point, now I wish it was possible to go under pseudonyms for child care LOL I'm gone {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
NotSid (NA)
: I wanna know how many male romance novel writers there are vs female ones. I also would love to know HOW THE GENDER OF PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY EVEN FUCKING MATTERS IN THE FIRST PLACE. If you make good shit, that's all that matters.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-02T17:49:58.214+0000) > > I wanna know how many male romance novel writers there are vs female ones. > > I also would love to know HOW THE GENDER OF PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY EVEN FUCKING MATTERS IN THE FIRST PLACE. > > If you make good shit, that's all that matters. THANK YOU JEEZ!
: > [{quoted}](name=Clockwork Mouse,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ocN6f7jO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:55:39.814+0000) > > it is a damn shame that some people need the roles reversed to be able to understand how sexist it was for Riot to do this. What's even worse is that even looking at it with the roles reverse, some people still think that this current situation is fine (but the reverse is terrible).
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ocN6f7jO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:57:14.912+0000) > > What's even worse is that even looking at it with the roles reverse, some people still think that this current situation is fine (but the reverse is terrible). And THAT my friend, is called bias.
Show more

Anin777

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion