Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Xavanic (NA)
: Don't even know what to say at this point
> [{quoted}](name=Xavanic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pFAhUhJm,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-27T09:36:40.263+0000) > (i went against a 4 man in ranked solo/duo last time i played ranked...) ... You went against a 4-man. In solo/duo. ... Buddy. Buddy I have some news for you.
Aria (EUW)
: Memotion Entry - Camille's absolutely Disgusted
To vote for it, go here!! https://woobox.com/f4sis9/gallery/dgtcuIA4F7M
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Rageblade Gutted
Kai'sa is out of control? Let's not nerf her, nerf Guinsoo instead. Good going Riot. Braindead.
: So it's not okay for Irelia to be nerfed but it's okay for almost the entire marksman class to be nerfed into the ground to the point where they are unplayable and no one picks them? While I think the crit nerfs were needed, I don't see why they needed stat nerfs on top of all that making them even more open to one shots at early stages of the game. As for Irelia again, as Imaqtpie said... "i finally understand marksman, im useless and should only play champions that scale with 0 items and levels like brand and lulu or play champs that are 100% broken like vlad or irelia" Irelia legit needs either a Sheen or a finished Trinity Force and she can 100 to 0 you like an Assassin but safer and better because she is guaranteed to land her main damage (Q) after she lands R and E.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qQOKw4oN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-27T04:37:42.523+0000) > > So it's not okay for Irelia to be nerfed but it's okay for almost the entire marksman class to be nerfed into the ground to the point where they are unplayable and no one picks them? > > While I think the crit nerfs were needed, I don't see why they needed stat nerfs on top of all that making them even more open to one shots at early stages of the game. > > As for Irelia again, as Imaqtpie said... > > "i finally understand marksman, im useless and should only play champions that scale with 0 items and levels like brand and lulu or play champs that are 100% broken like vlad or irelia" > > Irelia legit needs either a Sheen or a finished Trinity Force and she can 100 to 0 you like an Assassin but safer and better because she is guaranteed to land her main damage (Q) after she lands R and E. Don't derail. I said nothing about marksmen. This still majorly hurts Irelia in every way and if you can't realize that and simply instead call things broken, you're a very bad player. Vlad isn't broken because he's Vlad. Vlad is broken because of the state of botlane, and how his kit interacts with it. He is not inherently broken. He is simply loving this meta. The same thing was happening with Irelia mid. Understand that champion strengths are determined by what they're playing against as well.
Aria (EUW)
: Thank you so much for gutting Irelia into the ground :^)
If you mean to call Irelia easy, that's irrelevant- She IS easy. But this game has easy champions. They don't deserve to be gutted and unplayable compared to everything else because their kit has reliability and advantages, it also had disadvantages.
Nhifu (NA)
: Easiest stun to land in the game. Absolutely forgiving mana costs. Shield? lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Nhifu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qQOKw4oN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-27T03:43:57.736+0000) > > Easiest stun to land in the game. > Absolutely forgiving mana costs. > Shield? lol. This is irrelevant. Her entire playstyle took a fucking kick in the balls. You can still dodge her stun, you literally see it coming once she puts down the first blade and can then go one direction and turn around immediately. She misses it 100% of the time. Forgiving mana costs?? Zed has none?????? Hello? Riven has none???? Watch LS' video on the topic. He's a caster and he breaks down actual competitive play. Even in his opinion, Irelia is absolutely destroyed by this.
Rioter Comments
: > He has to land it now, why does Malzahar get to say "fuck you" to one dude in a teamfight and 100% guarantee a kill? I have multiple questions. First, assuming you arent squishy, why the fuck do you mind it? Now assuming you are squishy, why the fuck you are in range? Second, why the fuck you dont have qss, assuming you can buy it. Third, how the fuck its a 100% kill? Like where you alone and you ended up getting ganged up? Because thats your fault not riot's for making his ulti point and click. > Ryze especially. Low cooldown point-and-click root? Bro the fuck are you smoking? Idk if you have heard it but he is getting a mini rework and they want to change his snare. Or rather change the circumstances at which it snares. > I'm not saying it's OP bullshit, I'm saying it's unfun, unskilled bullshit/The argument "but mobility creep!" can be made but this is still outplayed by skillshot CC. Ahri's Charm catches out people dashing and can be used so effectively to shut down mobility if you just AIM IT RIGHT AND PREDICT I prefer the word, necessary evil. And before you start spouting nonsense, point and click cc needs to exist otherwise **hypermobile champs** would be a nightmare to face. And dont you fucking dare to say "BUT I HAVE CHARMED HYPER MOBILE CHAMPS HERP DERP ITS EASY" because its not. Its easily one of the worst feelings of being forced to use your spells only to farm because the enemy has all the mobility to outright dodge your skillshots. Like tell me right here right now, how do you charm a vayne when her q is up (lets say she is far away around 900 range)? You aim at her current location? She has enough time to simply q sideways to evade it. You aim her possible future location? She wont take any actions then. You will also look like an idiot. Removing point and click cc would mean that every hypermobile champ (riven,yi,katarina,fizz,akali,irelia, kalista, yasuo,vayne) would get a significant buff and thats a no-no. > WHICH IS A SKILL-EXPRESSIVE WAY OF COUNTERING YOUR OPPONENT'S PLAYS. For the enemy. The enemy can react in accordance to your skillshot. He can (provided he has the distance to process the situation) sidestep the skillshot. You can't alter its direction when it travels. Overall solid downvote for me. Just another low rank player being unable to accept little but important facts.
> [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lZRQUoAl,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-06-21T17:14:38.351+0000) > > I have multiple questions. First, assuming you arent squishy, why the fuck do you mind it? Now assuming you are squishy, why the fuck you are in range? Second, why the fuck you dont have qss, assuming you can buy it. Third, how the fuck its a 100% kill? Like where you alone and you ended up getting ganged up? Because thats your fault not riot's for making his ulti point and click. > > Idk if you have heard it but he is getting a mini rework and they want to change his snare. Or rather change the circumstances at which it snares. > > I prefer the word, necessary evil. And before you start spouting nonsense, point and click cc needs to exist otherwise **hypermobile champs** would be a nightmare to face. And dont you fucking dare to say "BUT I HAVE CHARMED HYPER MOBILE CHAMPS HERP DERP ITS EASY" because its not. Its easily one of the worst feelings of being forced to use your spells only to farm because the enemy has all the mobility to outright dodge your skillshots. Like tell me right here right now, how do you charm a vayne when her q is up (lets say she is far away around 900 range)? You aim at her current location? She has enough time to simply q sideways to evade it. You aim her possible future location? She wont take any actions then. You will also look like an idiot. > > Removing point and click cc would mean that every hypermobile champ (riven,yi,katarina,fizz,akali,irelia, kalista, yasuo,vayne) would get a significant buff and thats a no-no. > > For the enemy. The enemy can react in accordance to your skillshot. He can (provided he has the distance to process the situation) sidestep the skillshot. You can't alter its direction when it travels. > > Overall solid downvote for me. Just another low rank player being unable to accept little but important facts. Ahem. Not to be technical, but charming an R+Q Vayne isn't difficult provided you're playing True Assassin Ahri (as in, you buy Oracle Lens to sweep the sides when you come into a fight. You want to approach fights from the side if you do this and clear wards up first, then go in. However, it can be used to see Vayne.) (This is a joke, I realize it's unlikely to happen.) Now, a specific item isn't a counter to a champion nor mobility, I know this. I realize that point-and-click CC is perhaps a necessary evil in some cases, but I would still argue it should never be at range. Ranged point and click CC shouldn't exist. Skarner is fine, Malzahar not so much still. Your argument of calling me a low rank player to dissuade my argument doesn't work because I'm not arguing that these abilities are overpowered nor that I cannot play against them. I'm simply saying they're unfun to play against in every scenario and I never enjoy myself when doing so, even when ahead. I agree. Hyper-mobility needs answers, it's toxic as all shit and never fun to play against. But neither is point and click CC, even though I do agree it's much less of a problem than mobility. However, nobody says that point-and-click CC is the ONLY answer we could have to hyper mobility. An AD Zhonya's, for one, would be the first step to playing around hyper mobility, and more invulnerability periods or shields could certainly help. Lux is, in theory, supposed to absolutely feed the Zed and do nothing against him and, true enough, landing the Q is neigh impossible. But run barrier and add her own shield to it, and she'll outright tank his damage. Barriers, knockbacks (think Syndra's knockback. It's not point and click but it'll get Zed off of you easily, same with Yi.), there's hundreds of answers we could look at. Surely, point and click CC isn't the only way. Argue it's a necessary evil all you'd like, but in the end, I'd say there could be less evil necessities to deal with mobility. Additionally, keeping Malzahar at range is not always possible. He can build Spellbinder and just chase me down, and mispositioning happens even in Master tier games, so you'll get caught out eventually. In a teamfight, if he hits his R, you're dead. Perhaps add some more reliable damage to the rest of his kit, but make him able to miss his ult. Saying "don't get hit by the ability" isn't a proper argument to say it's perfectly balanced.
Aptest (EUW)
: please suggest a way of making Zed's R fail to function. Then we talk
> [{quoted}](name=Aptest,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lZRQUoAl,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-21T16:44:28.570+0000) > > please suggest a way of making Zed's R fail to function. > Then we talk Zhonya's. Every champion with invulnerability periods. CC'ing him immediately after he ults. Charming a Zed who is about to ult you as Ahri is literally the easiest thing. He pops up behind you 100% of the time, ready to shoot charm behind you and launch it as the third shadow on the X animation comes in. Time it right and you'll be able to oneshot him instead (with enough damage items). Zed needs a nerf, but his ultimate isn't the worst thing ever, it can be played against in some ways.
: If you want to delete point and click CC then I get to delete champions whos only counter is point and click cc. Such as master Yi or Zed.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lZRQUoAl,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-06-21T17:25:39.973+0000) > > If you want to delete point and click CC then I get to delete champions whos only counter is point and click cc. Such as master Yi or Zed. Zed needs a nerf, but Yi? Idk, I don't play him or against him, so I cannot give you my piece of mind on this. Zed however, does need a nerf. I do play him often, and I want him nerfed. It doesn't feel fun nor fair to win with champions like Zed when you're ahead, because you'll delete everything regardless of skill. However, when you're going even with someone else as Zed and manage to outplay them, it really feels nice. That said, I agree. I want the removal of both oneshots and point and click CC, honestly.
: But he is xD. Go check his profile.
> [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lZRQUoAl,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-06-21T17:15:20.266+0000) > > But he is xD. Go check his profile. I've recently played assassins and whenever I play Zed, I do in fact, ban Malzahar and don't face Ryze either. Even if I do, his snare won't do much to me, he cannot kill me before it's over if I have shadow up and I'm not saying assassins are fine. It feels like absolute trash to get oneshot by assassins, and it feels even worse to feel useless just because the enemy can move/dash/blink away from whatever you do. However, PLEASE. PLEASE look at my warding score. Please look at my replays. Whenever I'm in base, I buy about two control wards if I can afford it. Vision wins games and I know and spam this. Furthermore, this wasn't me complaining that assassins were underpowered nor unviable because HURR DURR point and click CC, I only stated it's unfun. That's it. Bad game design. Not overpowered, not broken, not infuriating, unfun. That is what I called it. I mostly play control mages who can be bursty like Ahri, though.
Rioter Comments
Aria (EUW)
: Bring back Deathfire Grasp (DFG) for testing?
Additionally, back when Morello's would both give a ton of grievous damage and fixed your mana, it was the perfect AP Assassin item. It would cover your mana problems for probably the rest of the game and would give you decent damage to back it up- Luden's now does this, with the damage part emphasized less. Overall, our first item would be much weaker in most cases, in direct comparison to old Morello's. This makes DFG as a second item decent, but not optimal. We'd still be getting more damage out of a Void Staff and it's pene, so it'd be a third item at best. It has so much to compete with here already though, from new Morello's to Rylai's, Zhonya's and Rabadons, etc. With so much competition, I believe DFG wouldn't be a must-buy, but rather an optimal third item for heavy AP damage. Furthremore, it'd enable Ingenious Hunter builds in the Domination tree, letting you build Gunblade + DFG and stack item CDR. If it doesn't work out, it's easy to remove. However, I really do think it's the pinch of spice AP really needs to shine like it once used to.
Jamaree (NA)
: I REALLY don't think an item that gives more damage is what people want right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PHQBEvlE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-21T08:26:54.749+0000) > > I REALLY don't think an item that gives more damage is what people want right now. I understand this notion for AD, but AP? I don't see AP mages running around the map doing Zed levels of damage or anything (aside from Taliyah). I wouldn't see DFG as "even more damage", but a competitor to the current damage output. You'll hardly find a build outside Irelia who could build both Duskblade and DFG.
Rioter Comments
Necrozard (EUW)
: PROJECT is not for mages
> [{quoted}](name=Necrozard,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=TnzZyQdq,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-16T23:21:39.601+0000) > > PROJECT is not for mages This is an observation, not a rule?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Ahri doesn't need the movement speed on q when she has an ult with 3 dashes.
> [{quoted}](name=Vapor Wave Vibes,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8pgHR2Rg,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-02-18T03:20:27.179+0000) > > Ahri doesn't need the movement speed on q when she has an ult with 3 dashes. Fizz doesn't need a free, damage-dealing Zhonya's when he can just use Q. That's not even his ult. Yasuo doesn't need Flash because he can dash infinitely. Kassadin doesn't need cooldowns on his longer-than-flash range ult. There are far, far more safe and infuriating mobility problems in this game than Ahri's Q MS buff. And she's not even overpowered or frustrating, just very safe. For someone who excels at NOTHING ELSE, removing that seems stupid if they won't compensate for it properly.
Anonagon (NA)
: I didn't see where Riot commented on Ahri's Q, but I can assume from your post that they are looking into removing or altering it because of the safety it provides. I can understand if you are a main of the champion you wouldn't want it changed, especially if you started playing her after its implementation, because you're used to it and it impacts how you approach your combat patterns. However, the MS mechanic on her Q has caused her to be a very safe champion relative to similar mages. It took a champion who previously had no escape without blowing her ult and gave her one of the most powerful movement steroids in the game. Because of it she has a massive advantage over other mages in poke trading and gank evasion. Its understandable that Riot would want to address this safety if they want Ahri to be a more powerful or interesting champion.
> [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8pgHR2Rg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-18T02:51:05.531+0000) > > I didn't see where Riot commented on Ahri's Q, but I can assume from your post that they are looking into removing or altering it because of the safety it provides. I can understand if you are a main of the champion you wouldn't want it changed, especially if you started playing her after its implementation, because you're used to it and it impacts how you approach your combat patterns. However, the MS mechanic on her Q has caused her to be a very safe champion relative to similar mages. It took a champion who previously had no escape without blowing her ult and gave her one of the most powerful movement steroids in the game. Because of it she has a massive advantage over other mages in poke trading and gank evasion. Its understandable that Riot would want to address this safety if they want Ahri to be a more powerful or interesting champion. I've been playing Ahri since release, and again, I do realize the safety it provides her- but what else does she have, really? She's kind of okay at being an assassin, kind of okay at being a control mage, kind of okay at everything, not great at anything. And while yes, the buff on the Q is really strong- it still takes you some time to stop and cast it, thus it can't be used quite as effectively as Katarina's W buff to dodge skillshots, it's really meant for you to turn your tail and run. However, all I'm asking for is proper compensation. Ahri isn't in too great of a spot right now anyway and her winrate is only high because most of her players are dedicated mains who know her ins and outs- not because she's particularly powerful. Bringing her down further is gonna delete her from the game.
: Look at her stats. Contributes very little and is unsatisfying for a lot of players, regardless of the decent winrate. Pick rate is way down.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8pgHR2Rg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-18T02:38:03.798+0000) > > Look at her stats. Contributes very little and is unsatisfying for a lot of players, regardless of the decent winrate. Pick rate is way down. I wouldn't say she contributes very little when played right, though? Sure, she falls off lategame and can't quite deliver damage, or CC, or really do much, but I think her main strength lies in her roaming potential. It feels really satisfying to me personally to roam and get my other laners fed and simply keep on top of map awareness and their jungler's position- she's like a mini jungler, really. One of the playstyles I have for her is "Support Assassin", which really does work well. That said, I'd understand why some players don't find her satisfying. That said, my most recent Ahri game had me at 16/2/7 with the game lasting 28 minutes in a lane versing an Annie, who could've locked me down easily. All it took is Cleanse and roaming. She's just not great lategame no matter what you do, which is why you wanna rush midgame so badly with her. Played right, she's all sorts of satisfying and useful. Charm is really really strong, IMO.
: Ahri is a balanced champion. She's not doing badly. That's why they're looking at her movement speed. If they buff her w, or any damage at all really, they need to take that power from somewhere else.
> [{quoted}](name=xToxicOsirisx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8pgHR2Rg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-18T02:33:19.285+0000) > > Ahri is a balanced champion. She's not doing badly. That's why they're looking at her movement speed. If they buff her w, or any damage at all really, they need to take that power from somewhere else. That's absolutely fine and it's all I'm asking for- proper compensation. I just don't want her kit feeling any less "flowy" than it already is, and knowing Riot, being paranoid about even a minor rehaul is I think a proper response.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Nah not really. Every role has the same job. Deal damage ,protect your teammates if you can and destroy towers. The difference beetwen how you do it is in wich lane you are and what you build otherwise everything else is the same. Unless I forgot the update where you can only move as Kassadin by using your Wii mote. Also not having experience with support is not possible unless you don´t play the game outside of practice mode. So now your argument was bad ill informed and too much cars salesman wich means you are a communist
You're out of your mind. Top lane focuses around Zoning XP, trades here and there and CS'ing, while having map awareness to TP gank. These skills are mostly inclusive to Top, as freezing/resetting waves is most actively done there, and so is zoning, as it's mostly melee characters and thus they can be zoned properly. Someone very skilled with Irelia and divers in general can provide so much to a team, yet send them botlane as support and they have little to no knowledge of intricate lane mechanics and what actually wins lane. Midlane focuses on burst damage and quick fights to kill off your laner, rather than prolonged trades such as Toplane does. These little intricacies exist in each lane and ignoring them is your own decision, but it's one that will ultimately lead you away from Macro play and make you a worse player. So on and so forth. Either you're really not capable of reading, or you're a troll. Either way, you are very, very much wrong.
Rioter Comments
: how it feels to get free shit and complain anyways when you get lesser free shit
"Free shit" because of what, them not spending money? You have to put in quite a bit of time and effort to get a chest and 3 key fragments, and time is valuable and not free shit. But okay, alright, let's say you're right. What about me, when I buy 10 chests a month with real, actual money that I make and get 2 champion shards? That means 20% of my purchase's value has just dropped to 0. It's literally wasting your money.
: I do too, have a social life I wouldn’t want to neglect. But thank you for pointing that out; you’ve made your point clear. I now understand your frustration.
As a side-note: I didn't mean to imply you didn't have one, I'm just saying my time is extremely valuable and limited, but I still love the game and would like to play matches where players, at least, want to play the lane they're in.
: Obviously multiple people queue up for the same role. It needs to be balanced out. If you do get auto-filled, I think it’s best to learn all roles just in case.
Yes, and in my post I detail how that is still a problematic system. Trading 2 extra minutes of queue time to have one extremely lackluster player on your team is not a fair trade, and it's not one we even get to make. It doesn't need to be "balanced out", it was just fine before- it'd just mean queue times would take longer. And I would much rather have queues take a little while longer than for an ENTIRE GAME to be ruined. I don't have a lot of time to play this game. I have a job and a social life, neither of which I want to neglect. My time is, as anyone else's time, a resource I can only spend so much of. So why does Riot insist on wasting 45 minutes of my time every few games?? It's literally a trash game I cannot do anything about, because our team's weakest link might be playing Support for perhaps the third time in their life. I would rather waste 2 minutes when I queue up rather than the entire 45 of a frustrating game.
Rioter Comments

Aria

Level 249 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion