: Why is everything avatars of gods with you people? Don't we get enough of that with Targon and Shurima? You've never implied before that who we know as Volibear, Ornn, or Anivia aren't anything else other than the demigods themselves. Even Ornn's stories don't imply or tell us that him or his siblings are simply avatars of larger gods.
To be fair, the creature in Silence for the Damned was refered to as avatar multiple times: > As **the bear spirit’s avatar** came closer, it was like the quiet at the center of a storm. ________________ > Sejuani gasped at the awesome creature before her. She had not considered the possibility that **the avatar of the bear spirit** would answer her summon personally. Whatever value the Lost Ones offered, their master was worth a thousand times that. ___________ > Alone and in the middle of the city, the **bear spirit’s avatar** impaled corpses on stakes arranged in some unknowable pattern. And while it's a legend which I dont believe it's true, that bit indicates how the avatar in the story wasnt the actual spirit: > Some said even the Volibear had been a man once. A great shaman and spirit walker who’d surrendered himself to the bear spirit so completely that it was able to truly manifest through him. But looking at the scale of this monster, he doubted this thing could ever have been a man. (this also implies, back to the point of the threat, that theoritically if another spirit-walker gave in to Volibear, the same avatar we saw in this story could come back, which would also means the death of that avatar is unrelated to Ursine being enslaved or not) Important noting too, I wouldnt expect Ornn legends to have great spiritual knowledge because they are tales shaped by centuries of retelling and told to children. You dont try to explain another dimension with forces shaped by human subconcious to a children. That if the story teller even knew about it, I would surely expect most Freljordians to know avatars as the gods themselves, the quotes I sent above comes either from someone who has an innate connection to the spirit realm(Udyr) which would lead to a depper understandement of how spirit-gods work and the other from a person who had a deep relation to Udyr, so it makes sense for them to know more about the matter than a children stories teller. ___________________ I started writing a text wall about how spirits and their physical manifestation works but accidently deleted it and am too lazy to write it now. Sorry I guess.
: Be honest, it just means you don't know/the writers haven't finalized it yet doesn't it?
That would imply he give yes or no answers to finalized things that he knows. Believe me, he doesnt.
: City Origins
I'm unsure what you mean by "why". Imperial Shurima was an agressive, expanding empire built on the top of slavery, it was basically Noxus with celestial buffs, less cultural integration and slavery(or at least WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more slavery). As far as I know you understandement about how it worked is right. It became independent some days before they summoned the Void, the IcathiaxShurima conflict was alredy happening for some time when _Where Icathia Once Stood_(hence the mention of an Ascended killed by the Icathians at the borders of Iathia) but the independence lasted the time the Ascended Host took to reach the Icathian capital.
: I think I just learned things about Zoe's fanbase I didn't ever need to know. If we're getting into technicalities, she was there for "millennia", so technically she's however many thousands of years old. In Japan, we generally write these characters as having the wisdom of those gained years, regardless of their appearance. But Riot seems to have favored the physiology = mental capacity angle. Which is logical, since certain elements of the brain don't fully develop until around 30. So if I were calling it (and I can't believe it's something that even has to be called...), I'd agree with OP here. Riot clearly intended for Zoe to be a "young" character, for all intents and purposes. Why in a game with Ahri anyone even considers looking at Zoe is beyond me, but since it has to be said, I'll throw my voice in to: This is not the waifu you're looking for.
In this case it isnt only because she didnt physically age. In her travel though the cosmos Zoe was being guided by an Aspect who didnt give a fuck if Zoe learnt what we as humans consider essential(morals, empathy etc) she was chosen because of her childish attitude, the Aspect wanted _her to be a child_. A child who dont care about essential hyumans concepts and has seen mass genocides that made the matter boring on her eyes, but still a child. Most characthers who are centuries of years old and get a lot of knowledge but still look young tends to be educated as humans(or something similiar) and not ahve the sole purporse of acting like a child would act. So this is an extremly differing factor from Zoe to this type of characther. For comparison, think in Peter Pan. (also, most of what I said about Zoe being chosen because she was a child [was reinforced here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/E6sm7oxA-zoe-instantly-merging-with-the-aspect?comment=00020001000000000001))
: They aren't Chemtech Gauntlets - they're actually Hextech. Hextech is just any tech that's powered by/infused with the magic from Brackern Crystals. My understanding was that Chemtech was injection of chemicals + implantation of (generally rudimentary) tech augments. MOST of the Hextech skins are completely artificial constructs. A few are heavily-augmented humans with advanced Hextech augments with no chemical alterations.
You're right, Vi current gauntlets are Hextech. But I wasnt talking about them, I was talking about this: > The final straw came when she worked alongside another gang on a smash and grab heist at a chemtech facility that had just struck a rich seam. Listening in on miners’ chatter in the bars, Vi learned when payment for the ore was being delivered, and hatched a scheme to relieve the mine’s owner of his gold. The plan required extra bodies to pull off, so Vi reluctantly brought the Factorywood Fiends in on her score. The job went to plan **until the leader of the Fiends used a chem-powered mining golem to kill the owner with its oversized Pulverizer Gauntlets**. His men drove the workers into the mine as he started demolishing the opening, driving the golem into an overload. This wanton slaughter and destruction infuriated Vi. It had been a perfect score and now these psychotic idiots were ruining it! > > Grabbing their share of the gold, the Fiends made their escape, but the miners were now trapped below ground and would soon run out of air. Vi could not leave them to die, and **swiftly donned the overloading golem’s powered gauntlets before it tore itself apart. The wrist mechanisms clamped down on her arms, but Vi endured the agony long enough to smash a path through to the miners and save them from certain death.** > > With the miners free, Vi and her gang fled with the rest of the gold. And the following day, Vi paid a visit to the Factorywood Fiends. **Still wearing the powered gauntlets**, she administered a beating to the entire gang that is still spoken of with awe by the gangs of Zaun to this day. The debacle of the mine robbery was the last straw for Vi, and she swore never to work with anyone she didn’t fully trust. **She kept the Pulverizer Gauntlets, and had them modified so as not to burn her whenever she used them to break into supposedly impregnable vaults or ambush heavily armed convoys of gold, tech, or whatever else she decided to steal.**
: Why is the new Darius story classified as a "color story"?
> [{quoted}](name=Bioluminescence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5JVjplLY,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-05T18:48:53.312+0000) > > It's to differentiate them from the bio stories, and other short stories. > > **Bios** exist to give you a rundown of the whole champ up to 'today' - but it can be biased by their perspective. I've heard them described as "What the champion might tell someone to put in their Wikipedia article". They need to be pretty short so that they can be quickly read by folks who want a quick introduction. > > **Color stories** are also specific to a champion (like a bio) but are more of a singular example from their life. They can be from anyone's perspective. The use of the word "color" in this case, is more like "flavor" or "vividness" - it should give you a strong taste of what the champion is about. > > **Short Stories** are just what the other stories are called (at least, so far - we've said we're releasing a novella in the future). They can be from anyone's perspective, feature several, or no, champions, and don't have the same word count limits that bios and color stories do.
: Is Hextech Singed even Hextech, or should it be renamed to Chemtech?
I would say Hextech Singed is too old of a skin to consider unless he gets a VU. "Chemtech Singed" would just be normal Singed I believe. He alredy works with Chemtech and his regular kins despicts that.
: Yes, we definitely need more chemtech skins. In one of Riots creation contests, someone made a Chemtech Vi skin concept and it was absolutely glorious. https://pp.userapi.com/c639830/v639830637/61176/6Uxe0MNI1LE.jpg https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/012/757/405/large/alexey-gorbatov-splash-final.jpg?1536345648 (Credit goes to the designer Alexey Gorbatov) This shows how much potential Chemtech as a skin line has, I love these aesthetics so much, I really hope that Chemtech Tryndamere won't stay a standalone skin forever...
Chemtech Vi could actually be a canon skin, in her biography she uses Chemtech gauntlets of a golem when she was still a Zaunite gangster, so it could not only shows a new visual of Vi gauntlets but also her visual back when she was a criminal. (even though the concept you posted and Tryndamere are closer to people who had all of their bodies altered by Chemtech rather than just people using Chemtech devices)
: Unless we get new infos I still consider it relevant as they were given around the reveal of Mordekaiser being the next VGU to come (a bit before that iirc).
Was it? I actually thought they said it back when Yorick was released, which also brought Mordekaiser current bio.
: Singed actually created Warwick because he wanted to get rid of the furries in Zaun. ______________ Camille didn't want to replace her legs with blades, she wanted blades which can emerge from her arms but are hidden most of the time. Unfortunately, she is not really talented at drawing. ______________ The tube of Urgots mask is directly connected with his meat grinder. This dude needs alot of protein to feed these muscles. ______________ Blitzcrank started his dating service because he hoped that Orianna would apply, so he can match her with himself. Orianna is already off the market, tho, she is dating the ball. ______________ Zac tastes like woodruff.
> The tube of Urgots mask is directly connected with his meat grinder. This dude needs alot of protein to feed these muscles. Thats actually EXTREMLY creppy and horrendous. I want more.
: My main issue with Ionia
I do agree, even though there a lot of things I want to get before Ionia, it feels like everything in Ionia must receive nearly no exploration so the focus can be the war with Noxus. There is a mention of Ionia ancient history being "longer than any living soul could claim to know" but we don't know anything about said ancient history. At maximum you could argue we know how Vastaya formed, Ivern and Varus but that's it. If you look at a region like Freljord or Shurima, Ionia ancient history seems like nothing. I also have a trouble with how Ionia is said to be so varied culturally speaking, but we don't know anything about the different cultures. It's supposedly one of the reasons of Ionia civil war(cultures isolated for millennia clashing) but we can't really understand why or how sinxe we didn't get much on it. And I have to say i'm really disappointed with the second invasion route, first because it doesn't make sense strategically, second because all the cool things mentioned above and on other parts of the thread are not going to be explored and thirdly because it feels repetitive. So yeah, Ionian lore should have more focus on Ionia itself.
: Well, I know one Ionian character that wasn't even there for the Noxian Invasion was {{champion:62}} and I believe the rest of the Ionian Vastaya as well. Might be off on {{champion:497}} and {{champion:498}}, don't know if they were their for the Noxian invasion or if you would count {{champion:238}}'s meddling with Vastaya as a result of the Noxian invasion, but I know for a fact Wukong was either too young to know what happened or wasn't even born yet. He could be a great character to follow just to explore the region without all the Noxian stuff. He even could give us insight in a lot of the Vastayan tribes on top of that as even well hidden tribes like his he would likely be able to access. Honestly the Vastaya in general seem to be the best tour guides you could ask for if you wanted to REALLY explore Ionia without bringing up Noxus.
Actually... > When war came to Ionia, Kong was engrossed by the sounds and colors of the battles below – they awoke something true and undeniable in him, a calling. Kong left his tribe to prepare for what he knew to be his destiny. This is said on Wukong bio. But yeah Xayah and Rakan are unrelated to the war(I think the first human Ahri ate was a noxian, not sure if that counts).
: Well there is that Zed comic, but that will most likely showcase the ongoing hunt for Jhin instead of anything interesting about Ionia itself. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it, but I just want more mythology about Ionia and other places in general. Give me that sweet, sweet world lore.
Didn't Odin say somewhere that Zed comic will show Ionia to us in the same way that Ashe comic has shown Freljord? And if we assume all comics will follow the pattern used in Ashe comic to some extent, we will probably get more content about Ionia anyway, even uf it's focused on the comic characters.
: Huh, only Valoran? If it's not a coincidence, what could this mean? *thinking emoji*
Spirit-gods shaped Valoran but Shuriman empire killed their spirit-gods so they couldnt shape anything. Targon is alredy shaped by celestials and Ionia... Well shit
Atgo (EUW)
: > Why do Aspects choose to bind with mortals? In Twilight of the Gods, the Darkin reminisced on how they physically went to the city and rode twilight dragons, so even though there is a spiritual element it is a physical place with physical people. Pantheon is the only Targonian that makes sense to me. It makes sense the Aspect of War, a strategic force, would want direct control of the body rather than suggesting course of action to take. I wouldnt instantly use this event as a proof that the celestial realm is actually a physical place(important to note too, spirit realm and celestial realm are different things, even though I will use the spirit realm as an example later since it is also uncorporeal) we have accounts of celestial magic being shaped by belief: > The animal theming (or lack there of) has to do with the Shuriman language/orthography and cultural symbology. > Somewhere between ancient egyptian and chinese ideographs, shuriman concepts have symbols --often with multiple meaning depending on the context. > > So the word/concept/symbol for "Lord or Emperor" might be a golden bird... Thus when someone "embodies" that ideal -- they might take on some of that symbology. But that does not mean all shuriman concepts are animalistic-- It would be safe to assume that a mortal seeing the celestial realm would also have a vision shaped by their own simbiology and biases. And consedering how the celestial realm is, by defintion, another realm of existence, I wouldnt say the celestials are physical, since Aspects dont even seem able to materialize without a host(to clarify, I think there are non Asepcts/conceptual beings in the celestial realm and that Soraka was one of them) as reinforced by Scathlocke on this comment: > An Aspect is the concept, embodied in a mortal vessel. Otherwise it could not exist and operate within the Mortal Realm. I would say the celestial realm is beyond physical matter and physics, and that when mortals(or material beings in general) see it, their minds shape the enviroment so they go crazy with inifnite enviroments I will use the Targonian city "seen" by Diana, Leona and Atreus as an example, consedering the [conceptual thematic](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8una0m/were_the_team_that_updated_aatrox_ask_us_anything/e1gq96r) Riot is going for with the celestial realm, some people theorized this city is actualy the "ideal city" as in the entire concept of a city, which means it embodies every single city ever built, or even imagined. That would be a city of such proportions that anyone would go insane seeing that city, so the city is shaped by the simbiology of who is seeing it, hence why three people raised on the same culture saw a City of Silver and Gold(materials which seems pretty normal to the inabitants of the moutain) but that city was still made of impossible shapes and great beyond anything they had seen because even after their mind could compreend a bt of the extent of what they were seeing, it was still an impossible city to human minds. And then there is Taric, he was raised on a different culture, and his bio makes no mention of a Silver and Gold city at all, but undornately it only says he saw the Protector, so we dont really know what(if he did see seomthing) he saw on the top of the mountain. Zoe bio dont mention it as well but Zoe is Zoe so Zoe. Back to Twilight of the Gods, it is said they rode there in _Twilight_ dragons, you have to wonder if you can trust the claims of people who rode creatures related to an trickster Aspect. And even if it wasnt the Aspect of Change, whoever brought them there could have manipulated what they saw. And you could say "But they are physical beings and they entered in the celestial realm, therefore the celestial realm must be physical" but looking at the spirit realm, which is also non corporeal(even though some of them can create physical bodies, like Soraka) and was stated to not obey physical laws on Nocturne lore: > Although no record names the first of them to cast off their flesh and enter the spirit realm, it is known that they came to stalk one another not only on the battlefield, but in landscapes shaped by their own subconscious thoughts and emotions. Unconstrained by the laws of physical reality, they fought in ways that more mundane minds could scarcely comprehend... Consedering how the Kinkou acolytes constantly travel between realms, we can assume that some beings could travel to realms that dont obey their original realms physics temporaly with the right tools, while it is unknown how exatly a physical being can enter in a non-physical realm and come back, it's likely possible. _________________________ So with all of this, back to your question, the Targonian Aspects wouldnt be able to influence the realm of Runeterra without hosts, and I even believe that concepts didnt have personalities before they first found hosts([mostly because of this comment](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/E6sm7oxA-zoe-instantly-merging-with-the-aspect?comment=00020001000000000001) which also supports all I said above with the very last line) since they represented so much, for example, whats the personality of Change? It's simply impossible to define something like that without any personal biases and belief. Now that why Aspects needs hosts is clarified, the question would be "Why Aspects _started_ chosing hosts?" This is even more vague than everything I said above, I have some theories here and there but I cant answer that concretly, so with all this wall text I only answered half of the question, sorry :/ ______________________ > Why are the Targonians on Runeterra? They're a space- faring empire and we're not sure Runeterra is their home world. Did they build the planet? Are they also after the world runes? Is there some greater spiritual web across the cosmos where each node must remain intact? Do they want Runeterra's native and extremely powerful magic (true elements, healing water), are they there exclusively to stop the Void? For the start, I suggest you to read this Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ddVOGxLHw4Pu5mIjGkh8WFgaMAmpSMZibjpeECJmndI/edit?usp=sharing Where I compilied much of thoughts about how the celestial realm works and how that influences Runeterra creation and how Runeterra itself works. But anyway, thats not the main point. I dont think Targonians created Runeterra, because the wording used in the Q&A where it was revealed that Runeterra was meant to be a whole new realm, says "unknown celestials beings" which leds me to think we simply dont know them yet since, well, thats what unknown means. Consedering how Zoe dealed with the World Rune on her short story, I would say Targon probally has a plan for them, or at least some of them, but isnt actively searching them out for now, though, the Aspect of Justice did do something during the Rune Wars. I dont think they're searching for Runeterra magic, since, beyond the abyssal pearl on Nami's lore, I dont remember any magic sought by the Aspects, I might be forgeting something important, though. While stop the Void is definetly one of their goals, it is likely not the only one, as I mentioned in the Doc, Runeterra is a dimension crossway, the thin barrier to other realms cause huge magical effects over the whole land, causing it to be not only one of the most important places to any extra-dimensional being who wants to do things beyond their own domains(which includes not only celestials and Watchers but also the spirits) I would bet Targon probally wants to keep all the threats in Runeterra at bay so they dont reach their own domain and they also dont want the end of all mortals, probally because of some plan involving them, Soraka lore shows how celestials may have plans faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar ahead the actions they're doing on a certain time(even thogh mortals can fuck up those plans if they try really hard). The Void is defintely one of the most important threats but things such as World Runes on the _wrong_ hands, spirits(it is vaguely implied in Lissandra lore that celestials fought against not only the Void, but also spirits, for the dimensional borders of Runeterra on ancient times, and with "ancient" I mean before the Shuriman empire, which was Targon way of not having to deal with every threat rised, and I myself theorize Shurima killed their regions spirit-gods, being like Ornn, Anivia and Volibear but to the desert. That was inforced some few times) and any other thing going out of control. Yes, I know this is extremly vague, but unfornately we dont know much so far, beyond the fact that most interdimensional beings may have business in Runeterra sometimes even to keep domain over their own domain, like Targon most likely does in the celestial realm, since their "alien empire" seems to have shifted to "interdimensional empire"(I mentioned in my doc how other planets may be "lower" parts of the celestial realm). _____________________ > Are the Targonians trying to catch other gods to combat the Void? Did they only catch Aurelion Sol for his destructive power or is catching morally gray gods also a part of making sure the universe is a "good" place? (from their perspective, there is an Aspect of Justice and each Aspect only chooses the worthy for their power so we know Targonians have a sort of vision for the universe) ASol lore mentions how he was forced to fight other cosmic beings, they probally keep control of other "gods" so they dont do any damage to their own empire as I mentioned above. Odin once said this: > Also what happens if you FILL the universe with stars?` There is the possibility that stars serve as a way to "superior" parts of the celestial realm, so Targon could be trying to control how much stars are in the universe so opossing celestial factions have less ways to get into lower dimensions, and their empire can be more easily protected and controled.
TL:DR: Lore about Targon and the celestial realm is vague but Aspects/concepts are likely more worried with their own business in the celestial realm than they are with business on the physical plane, but they still intervene because of Runeterra cosmic importance, how it can be dangerous and maybe some unknown plans for mortals and they cant intervene without hosts. I'm sorry for the text wall, I get really excited when I talk about other realms of existence, sorry if I sounded prideful or agressive and if there were many grammar mistakes and/or my words were too hard to understand. I hope I helped to clarify the celestial situation for you though.
Naalith (NA)
: Targon needs to be expanded on imo. When I say Targon I mean real Targon too as the space city, not the mountain on Runeterra. The Runeterra side of the lore is pretty good, maybe a little light on content. 1) Why do Aspects choose to bind with mortals? In Twilight of the Gods, the Darkin reminisced on how they physically went to the city and rode twilight dragons, so even though there is a spiritual element it is a physical place with physical people. Pantheon is the only Targonian that makes sense to me. It makes sense the Aspect of War, a strategic force, would want direct control of the body rather than suggesting course of action to take. 2) Why are the Targonians on Runeterra? They're a space- faring empire and we're not sure Runeterra is their home world. Did they build the planet? Are they also after the world runes? Is there some greater spiritual web across the cosmos where each node must remain intact? Do they want Runeterra's native and extremely powerful magic (true elements, healing water), are they there exclusively to stop the Void? 3) Are the Targonians trying to catch other gods to combat the Void? Did they only catch Aurelion Sol for his destructive power or is catching morally gray gods also a part of making sure the universe is a "good" place? (from their perspective, there is an Aspect of Justice and each Aspect only chooses the worthy for their power so we know Targonians have a sort of vision for the universe) I dunno. I could go on but basically it all comes down to the fact that we simply need more information on the holy city. It feels kinda shallow right now, whereas the other cosmic faction of the Void feels extremely fleshed out with a clear goal we understand.
> Why do Aspects choose to bind with mortals? In Twilight of the Gods, the Darkin reminisced on how they physically went to the city and rode twilight dragons, so even though there is a spiritual element it is a physical place with physical people. Pantheon is the only Targonian that makes sense to me. It makes sense the Aspect of War, a strategic force, would want direct control of the body rather than suggesting course of action to take. I wouldnt instantly use this event as a proof that the celestial realm is actually a physical place(important to note too, spirit realm and celestial realm are different things, even though I will use the spirit realm as an example later since it is also uncorporeal) we have accounts of celestial magic being shaped by belief: > The animal theming (or lack there of) has to do with the Shuriman language/orthography and cultural symbology. > Somewhere between ancient egyptian and chinese ideographs, shuriman concepts have symbols --often with multiple meaning depending on the context. > > So the word/concept/symbol for "Lord or Emperor" might be a golden bird... Thus when someone "embodies" that ideal -- they might take on some of that symbology. But that does not mean all shuriman concepts are animalistic-- It would be safe to assume that a mortal seeing the celestial realm would also have a vision shaped by their own simbiology and biases. And consedering how the celestial realm is, by defintion, another realm of existence, I wouldnt say the celestials are physical, since Aspects dont even seem able to materialize without a host(to clarify, I think there are non Asepcts/conceptual beings in the celestial realm and that Soraka was one of them) as reinforced by Scathlocke on this comment: > An Aspect is the concept, embodied in a mortal vessel. Otherwise it could not exist and operate within the Mortal Realm. I would say the celestial realm is beyond physical matter and physics, and that when mortals(or material beings in general) see it, their minds shape the enviroment so they go crazy with inifnite enviroments I will use the Targonian city "seen" by Diana, Leona and Atreus as an example, consedering the [conceptual thematic](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8una0m/were_the_team_that_updated_aatrox_ask_us_anything/e1gq96r) Riot is going for with the celestial realm, some people theorized this city is actualy the "ideal city" as in the entire concept of a city, which means it embodies every single city ever built, or even imagined. That would be a city of such proportions that anyone would go insane seeing that city, so the city is shaped by the simbiology of who is seeing it, hence why three people raised on the same culture saw a City of Silver and Gold(materials which seems pretty normal to the inabitants of the moutain) but that city was still made of impossible shapes and great beyond anything they had seen because even after their mind could compreend a bt of the extent of what they were seeing, it was still an impossible city to human minds. And then there is Taric, he was raised on a different culture, and his bio makes no mention of a Silver and Gold city at all, but undornately it only says he saw the Protector, so we dont really know what(if he did see seomthing) he saw on the top of the mountain. Zoe bio dont mention it as well but Zoe is Zoe so Zoe. Back to Twilight of the Gods, it is said they rode there in _Twilight_ dragons, you have to wonder if you can trust the claims of people who rode creatures related to an trickster Aspect. And even if it wasnt the Aspect of Change, whoever brought them there could have manipulated what they saw. And you could say "But they are physical beings and they entered in the celestial realm, therefore the celestial realm must be physical" but looking at the spirit realm, which is also non corporeal(even though some of them can create physical bodies, like Soraka) and was stated to not obey physical laws on Nocturne lore: > Although no record names the first of them to cast off their flesh and enter the spirit realm, it is known that they came to stalk one another not only on the battlefield, but in landscapes shaped by their own subconscious thoughts and emotions. Unconstrained by the laws of physical reality, they fought in ways that more mundane minds could scarcely comprehend... Consedering how the Kinkou acolytes constantly travel between realms, we can assume that some beings could travel to realms that dont obey their original realms physics temporaly with the right tools, while it is unknown how exatly a physical being can enter in a non-physical realm and come back, it's likely possible. _________________________ So with all of this, back to your question, the Targonian Aspects wouldnt be able to influence the realm of Runeterra without hosts, and I even believe that concepts didnt have personalities before they first found hosts([mostly because of this comment](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/E6sm7oxA-zoe-instantly-merging-with-the-aspect?comment=00020001000000000001) which also supports all I said above with the very last line) since they represented so much, for example, whats the personality of Change? It's simply impossible to define something like that without any personal biases and belief. Now that why Aspects needs hosts is clarified, the question would be "Why Aspects _started_ chosing hosts?" This is even more vague than everything I said above, I have some theories here and there but I cant answer that concretly, so with all this wall text I only answered half of the question, sorry :/ ______________________ > Why are the Targonians on Runeterra? They're a space- faring empire and we're not sure Runeterra is their home world. Did they build the planet? Are they also after the world runes? Is there some greater spiritual web across the cosmos where each node must remain intact? Do they want Runeterra's native and extremely powerful magic (true elements, healing water), are they there exclusively to stop the Void? For the start, I suggest you to read this Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ddVOGxLHw4Pu5mIjGkh8WFgaMAmpSMZibjpeECJmndI/edit?usp=sharing Where I compilied much of thoughts about how the celestial realm works and how that influences Runeterra creation and how Runeterra itself works. But anyway, thats not the main point. I dont think Targonians created Runeterra, because the wording used in the Q&A where it was revealed that Runeterra was meant to be a whole new realm, says "unknown celestials beings" which leds me to think we simply dont know them yet since, well, thats what unknown means. Consedering how Zoe dealed with the World Rune on her short story, I would say Targon probally has a plan for them, or at least some of them, but isnt actively searching them out for now, though, the Aspect of Justice did do something during the Rune Wars. I dont think they're searching for Runeterra magic, since, beyond the abyssal pearl on Nami's lore, I dont remember any magic sought by the Aspects, I might be forgeting something important, though. While stop the Void is definetly one of their goals, it is likely not the only one, as I mentioned in the Doc, Runeterra is a dimension crossway, the thin barrier to other realms cause huge magical effects over the whole land, causing it to be not only one of the most important places to any extra-dimensional being who wants to do things beyond their own domains(which includes not only celestials and Watchers but also the spirits) I would bet Targon probally wants to keep all the threats in Runeterra at bay so they dont reach their own domain and they also dont want the end of all mortals, probally because of some plan involving them, Soraka lore shows how celestials may have plans faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar ahead the actions they're doing on a certain time(even thogh mortals can fuck up those plans if they try really hard). The Void is defintely one of the most important threats but things such as World Runes on the _wrong_ hands, spirits(it is vaguely implied in Lissandra lore that celestials fought against not only the Void, but also spirits, for the dimensional borders of Runeterra on ancient times, and with "ancient" I mean before the Shuriman empire, which was Targon way of not having to deal with every threat rised, and I myself theorize Shurima killed their regions spirit-gods, being like Ornn, Anivia and Volibear but to the desert. That was inforced some few times) and any other thing going out of control. Yes, I know this is extremly vague, but unfornately we dont know much so far, beyond the fact that most interdimensional beings may have business in Runeterra sometimes even to keep domain over their own domain, like Targon most likely does in the celestial realm, since their "alien empire" seems to have shifted to "interdimensional empire"(I mentioned in my doc how other planets may be "lower" parts of the celestial realm). _____________________ > Are the Targonians trying to catch other gods to combat the Void? Did they only catch Aurelion Sol for his destructive power or is catching morally gray gods also a part of making sure the universe is a "good" place? (from their perspective, there is an Aspect of Justice and each Aspect only chooses the worthy for their power so we know Targonians have a sort of vision for the universe) ASol lore mentions how he was forced to fight other cosmic beings, they probally keep control of other "gods" so they dont do any damage to their own empire as I mentioned above. Odin once said this: > Also what happens if you FILL the universe with stars?` There is the possibility that stars serve as a way to "superior" parts of the celestial realm, so Targon could be trying to control how much stars are in the universe so opossing celestial factions have less ways to get into lower dimensions, and their empire can be more easily protected and controled.
: I don't think HIVE is Zaunian. I think they were supposed to be Piltover based. It doesn't make a lot of sense that their tag line is "Enforcing Progress" in Zaun, when Piltover is known as the city of progress. This is further reinforced by Camille's pretty much embodiment of that concept. I would say HIVE is pretty much a dead concept now, and that Twitch's color story is severely outdate and obsolete. I mean, just look at the Awaken video - Camille is leading a small army of soldiers to take down Jhin, and they're armed similarly to Husk here. I think they've basically transposed HIVE onto House Ferros. Additionally, DC comics has a criminal organization called H.I.V.E., which is an intergalactic, highly technological crime ring with a bee theme, run by Zazzala, otherwise known as Queen Bee. There's a strong possibility that Riot realized they may be stepping into a copyright mess if they pursued or actualized their own H.I.V.E. organization with bug themed characters.
Some Zaunites still see their city as the true City of Progess, it's mentioned on Progess Day: Deep in his cups, Gysbert has told her Progress Day is viewed very differently down in his hometown of Zaun, which he insists was the original City of Progress before Piltover came along. This is further reinforced on Ekko lore where he and others believe Zaun to be the better city which will one day overshadow Piltover and all it's generation-old privileges. And anyway, Satomi mentioned a bit down there that Husk was supposed to be Caitlyn old partner, so it could be a group of Zaunites taking a bit of Piltovian values to their own city, cleaning up the ones who slow progress. BUT Zaun view of "slow progress" can be completely different from Piltover's. Strict regulamentations for the development of Hextech would surely be seen as reinforcement of progress in Piltover, but in Zaun that could be seen as a r%%%%% to their true goal. In Piltover the development of a new technology be kept as a secret for the most educated and rich can be seen as Progess, but to Zaunites this knowledge could only cause true progess if it is liberated for the general people. But even if i like the idea of H.I.V.E. you're right that now it could be only an scrapped and outdated idea.
: Who was Nasus as an ascended and how does his kit play into his lore?
The wither on his W and his R were confirmed to exists in lore by his color story/Bloodline: > He slammed the butt of his long-hafted axe against the stonework, and a cloud of sand lifted from the roof. It hung there in shimmering veils, spinning in a slow circle around the hierophant and his warriors. > > “What are you doing?” demanded the priest. > > “I told you, I need to see your blood.” > > In the blink of an eye, the circling sand became a roaring hurricane. The warriors raised their arms to shield their faces from the whipping sandstorm and the hierophant bent double, blinded and choking on windblown dust. The sandstorm howled with all the fury of deep desert winds that could strip a flock of Eka’Sul to the bone in minutes. Armor was no protection, the sand penetrating every nook and cranny to reach the skin below and scour it raw. The sun disc swung back and forth in the winds Nasus conjured, its supporting ropes pulling taut on the iron rings fitted to the stonework. > > Nasus let the fury of the sands fill him, his limbs surging with power and his body swelling as the desert’s wrath manifested within his dark flesh. His form loomed and grew, towering and monstrous like the first Ascended were said to be. ________________________________ > Nasus tore Malouf’s sword from his hand, shattering fingers and tearing ligaments. > > The demigod pounced on his attacker. Malouf’s body cracked under the jackal’s enormous weight. > ... > A strange fragrance filled the air. Dead flowers spinning on lavender colored threads followed in his wake. Malouf twisted on the ground, the broken fingers of his right hand withered, skin sagging like wet parchment. The barrel of his chest caved in on itself like a rotting spine fruit. The wither is probally associated with the disease that affected his body shortly before his Ascension, and made his entire body wither, when he Ascended he wasnt even able to walk, he was brought there by Renekton. Meanwhile his ultimate seems to be an summoning of the power of the desert itself, this summoning may be something he learned over the centuries or an innate connection to the desert received with his ascension(but important to remember, it is A LOT easier for Ascended to learn/create new types of magic than it is to mortals). Also about his E, in game it's called "Spiritual fire" iirc and he is able to summon fire in his lore, even though it is different from his in game skill: > Nasus roared and surged to his feet. A volcanic pillar of fire erupted beneath Xerath, and the magus bellowed as the shimmering fire of the Many Suns engulfed him. And while this is still very different from his passive, he can regen his healt extremly fast in lore: > Nasus came to a halt in the midst of the rubble, his legs broken and twisted beneath him. His left arm hung uselessly at his side, shattered from shoulder to wrist. He tried to push himself upright with his good arm, but white hot pain surged up his spine where his back had broken. **His body could heal these wounds in time, but he had no time left.** ... He shifted his weight, extending his legs and rotating his shoulders. His limbs were renewed, which meant he had spent a considerable time in darkness. His body healed fast, but he had no idea how long he had spent unconscious.
Moody P (NA)
: Why is Nagakaborous concerned with humans?
To be honest, it may not even be corcened. We were told that Nagakabouros is a central part of reality itself and that Illaoi religions only picks a little bit of it and they cant compreend their God's true will, so they may only be using it's power and serving an interpretation of a higher power that may not be even aware of them. Nagakbouros might not even be sentient, but instead a force like gravity.
zounet (EUW)
: question about the spirit world
Both souls and species spirits exists, any soul of that species is connected to the spirit of their specie in a way. There might be an human spirit, but I don't think it would ever be able to manifest itself fully, to explain more easily I will answer your spirit-god question first. Spirit-gods are the embodiments of a certain cultural ideal of their respective regions, for example, Volibear represents everything in nature that could kill you, since Freljordians associates the dangerous wild both with storms and bears, Volibear "takes power" from the spirit of storms and the spirit of the bear due to how Freljordian culture represents the dangers of nature. To clarify what I meant with "take power" is that animal spurs or elemental spirits can't manifest their entirety fully in the physical realm, instead, "parts" of them are associated with others "source energies" to form spirit-gods. Back to the spirit of humanity, considering how humanity is so divided with a bazillion cultures, the spirit of humanity is probably split into several minor spirits(not necessarily at the level of spirit-gods) the Spirit of Ionia may be connected in some way to a minor spiritual truth "from" the spirit of humanity which represents Ionians for example. Hope that text helped, my English isn't do good so sorry if it is hard to understand.
: Just A Question About "Spirits" In Runterra
Here is my interpretation, which is close to yours in some ways. The spirit realm is a magical reflection of the physical realm, everything that exists in the physical realm is reflected in some way in the spirit realm. This was backed up by Riot quite a few times: > [Going back to Tahm Kench, we had been working with the notion that part of Runeterra’s magic related to the spirit world seen in Shen’s lore. This was a mirror world where the spirit of every living thing and every of type of thing exists. The souls of every person, the spirit of animals, the essences of species and of locations, elements, and even ideas exist in that dimension as powerful forces, which interact and create a type of magic in Runeterra. Furthermore, we knew the spirits from this place were not truly restricted in form. Tahm Kench and Kindred are not of our world—their appearances in the material realm are illusionary. They are creatures of pure magic who manifest under specific rules, but do not have a true shape or physical body like we do.](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/04/dev-on-vastayan-evolution/) __________________________ > [Vastayans are tied to natural magic-- not just spirit animals. The spirit of places, plants, stones and ideas.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/FYOQrVBk-riot-are-xayahrakans-back-feathers-actually-part-of-their-body-or-part-of-their-cloak?comment=0002000000000000) There were other times but I think thats enough for the purpose of this discussion. As mentioned above, whiel some spirits are represetations of more physical things, such as elements, places(which I believe is whatr Maokai represents, the Blessed Isles) other spirits gets attained to ideas, perceptions and feelings, thats very important to differ spirits. Janna came to be from sailors' praises for good winds during their sea travels. Feelings are a main thing to most "psych" spirits, so I will note here that the sailors' hope for good travels was the main thing that made Janna appear, the praises were just a bigger "manifestation" of their hope, using Ornn(and yes, Ornn, Volibear and Anivia are spirits as well, I tend to call them spirit-gods since Waaaaaaaaaarghbobo used that word) [while he is empowered by belief](https://twitter.com/LaurieGoulding/status/1034473324443623425) you can ["indirectly" empower him though being proud of your work](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/GHgQoN9A-ashe-warmother-the-music-playlist?comment=00060000)k(important to note again, while Janna was limited to sailors' hope in nature, Ornn is limited to Freljordian forgers, so lets say, if someone is proud of his work in Shurima, he will not affect Ornn) that probally applies to Janna as well, meaning that every sailor who hoped that the seas and winds would be "peaceful" during their travel, hoped that nature would allow a good route across the sea, likely emporewed Janna in some way. BUT while Freljordians will inevitably do great forging works or "help" Freljordian civilization in some way, even if not directly praising Ornn, when humanity started building a safe sea passage, sailors didnt need to expect nature to help them anymore, they began to rely only on themselves, that means Janna "scope" is more limited than "bigger" spirits like Ornn. The Progess Day changed Janna which bring us to another point about the spirit realm, as mentioned sometimes before, the spirit realm and spirits are shaped and changed by personal bias and belief, all the praises given to Janna at that moment and change of culture that happened in Zaun changed Janna because of how belief and culture shape spirits, so her "scope" was changed from sailors to Zaun due to how culture affects her. Demons like Evellyn are also reflections of human psyche, Eve herself was born from all the human suffering during the Rune Wars, however her lore says she was something else before, it specficallys mentions "wisp of darkness", using Ornn again(most of the info we got about spirits was focused on spirit-gods and most of the info we got on spirit-gods was focused on Ornn, thats why I'm using him as an example so much) since in Freljord they associate nature with ice and storms(Volibear and Anivia represents nature on their own way) fire, which can be erased by both, represents civilization to them, a flame inside of a house is what will keep you alive of the cold and storms coming from nature, thats why Ornn is linked to fire. My theory is that the same happened with Evellyn, during the Rune Wars, shadow magic was created, I believe that since a lot of people linked how they saw the mages's magic(shadow magic is much bigger than just shadows, even though thats how most mortals in Runeterra would see it, but I will talk about that when I reach to Nocturne) to pain and suffering, therefore some minor shadow spirits like Evellyn became linked to suffering and pain, the same probally happened to other demons, even though some demons were likely formed solely from negative feelings, like Janna with hope. There seems to be some different rules for demons in some cases, but I'm not sure how that really works right now, so I will not touch on that. Meanwhile there is Nocturne, he cant left the spirit realm without possessing someone, but he still needs to feed, I think thats because of how he was born - he is a direct product of shadow magic, that may seems to be Evellyn's cases, but as I said sahdow magic is more than just shadows, it is effectively a way of forcing your will over the spirit realm, so Nocturne was created by magic meant to manipulate especcifically the spirit realm, I think that he being trapped in the spirit realm, only being able to interact with the mortal realm though dreams(dreams seems to have a "thinner barrier" with other realms than the physical realm) is because he is being of spiritual corruption, he is a part of the spirit realm that was corrupted, I think I didnt word it right, but I hope you're able to understand what I mean here(that applies to the entire post btw, my english sucks). And then there are nature spirits not spirits like Volibear that represents mortal feelings towards nature, but spirits that represents nature itself. As I said before, I think Maokai represents the Blessed Isles as a whole(like the Spirit of Ionia, even though while Maokai took a physical form the Spirit of Ionia seems to stay in the spirit realm, influencing the physical one in "minor ways") this means that while he can still be affected by the local culture, he is bonded to the land itself, he didnt came to be because of mortals, he is the embodiment of the land itself, mortals knowing it or not, so those spirits will always exists, even though they can still be affected by mortal psyche. About Kindred, [we got confirmation they are spirit gods](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/vXlr82UR-do-freljordian-demigods-only-have-power-locally?comment=000100010000), they represent how the people of Valoran feel about death, but this is a larger scope than pratically every other known spirit-god, which puts them as the top 1 spirit-god of our knowledge. As I said before, my english sucks, so I dont think I explained everything well and this comment is just my interpretation so a bunch of it could be wrong, but I hope I helped to clarify it for you. If you still have questions I will try to answer. Edit: I didn't mention Yordles because I have no idea what they are either. We know they live on the spirit realm and can be "shaped by culture" they resonate with(see Kled with Noxus, Poppy with Demacia and Heimerdinger with Piltover), even having illusions influenced by who sees them, those things are very spiritual BUT we were once told that they have a true form/shape for their bodies, this is less spiritual than even Vastaya(no source this time because I'm writing on phone sorry, I think it was Odin who said that, it might eve have been on a post I mentioned above), but then we got another source(Scathlocke on Twitter I believe) saying that Yordles could just grow fingers on their bodies. There was a theory saying that they are physical beings who went to the spirit realm in ancient times(Lissandra's time or before, as you mentioned) but I honestly don't know, we will have to wait for a Bandle City update, sorry.
: What is tahm kench the demon of?
TK feeds on mortal misery. Glutonny, greed, desires etc arent his food, those are simply ways to get food for him, in the same way that Evellyn doesnt feed on lust but use it as a tool to cause pain. Those quotes will probally clarify it: > Known by many names throughout history, the demon Tahm Kench travels the waterways of Runeterra,** feeding his insatiable appetite with the misery of others.** ______________ >[ Yes. Traditionally there are always rules with demons and devils. The gambler is making a bargain (ultimately with himself). It is the bargain that allows Tahm to create the human misery he feeds on.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/Ts4NEAq5-champion-qa-tahm-kench-the-river-king?comment=000c0005) So basically, Tahm Kench _uses_ greed and desires as a tool, but he ultimately feeds of misery.
: {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} When I was working on the worldbuilding for this, I assumed Lissy was from the matriarchal, child-centric, culture of the Freljord. And though she was creating something new with her cult (a new religion) her point of view was still from within that society. So her motivations, world view, and religion reflect that culture and her somewhat rightfully paranoid point of view. In a way her religion has its own rules, ranks and orders outside of the old culture. But it was built from that culture of oathsworn and valuing children above all. So yeah. She created a place for the orphans and the unwanted (and as Nunu shows her cult sometimes creates orphans to get children.) But the cult also takes adults and volunteers. Was Maalcrom orphan or a bastard? there's a good argument there. (i.e. I'm not going to reveal his backstory.) Maybe he originally choose that path because he liked the idea of being a healer more than being a warrior. Or was he attracted to the notion of a life devoted to something larger than his tribe? Or maybe he saw how badass they were and wanted in on that? Basically I don't think of her cult in black or white terms, because I think it's made of a lot of people with a lot of different reasons for being there. And I think she's too smart to only collect certain people. The frost priests in Sejuani's tribe are pretty clearly "baddies." But I would argue the frostguard in Ant's story are heroes. I think there are elements in Lissy's cult that have to be evil, but if we let it get too evil it wouldn't be realistic. And providing a place for lost children seems like a win-win for her. I can't say if any of this will pan out. Riot changes stuff all the time and I certainly don't feel like have much say in the directions we take. (In lore, character, or games.) But I can say your analysis of what I was doing is correct. (mostly)
> When I was working on the worldbuilding for this, I assumed Lissy was from the matriarchal, child-centric, culture of the Freljord. And though she was creating something new with her cult (a new religion) her point of view was still from within that society. So her motivations, world view, and religion reflect that culture and her somewhat rightfully paranoid point of view. > > In a way her religion has its own rules, ranks and orders outside of the old culture. But it was built from that culture of oathsworn and valuing children above all. Just a question here. During the "imperial age" the Three Sisters ahd united Freljord and made it into a great empire spanned though _a bit_ better than the actual Freljord, even though I think the Iceborn...werent exactly the kindest masters, I thought life conditions of that era were better than actual Freljord and that it's children focused culture was made after the fall of the empire, the Watchers etc made life in Freljord A LOT harder. So was the "children culture" there since the start of Freljord, inclunding the "imperial age"? Or did you mean that since the chidlren culture and the Frostguard religion appeared at around the same time they were built on the same culture? Btw thanks for your activity on the Boards! It's wonderful to see Rioters interacting with their community like this, all your team does a great work!
: Hmm, that was an interesting read but I feel that they specifically used the word "merge" only for Zoe. I checked all other avatars and the merge is not used while describing their ascension.
They did > Leona let the fire into her blood, feeling **the ancient creature merge its essence with hers more completely**, becoming one with her senses and gifting her with perceptions not of this world. From Leona color story. In other cases they didnt directly say merge but stiil really similiar : > The light surged and Diana screamed as it poured into her, a union with something vast and inhuman, impossibly ancient and powerful. ______________ > Imbued with the essence of an Aspect from beyond Targon’s towering summit, Diana is no longer wholly human, and struggles to understand her power and purpose in this world. Both from Diana bio It wasnt said in Taric bio, but consedering Rioters used the same word to describe Targonian Aspects several times, like this: > [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Ljw9wJKT,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-21T20:16:33.181+0000) > >There is a weird space parasite thing some people are hung up on for the Targonians-- I have no idea where that came from. --**From my understanding the Aspects _merge_ with a person**-- except for Pantheon-- he's a dick-- he only keeps your sense of duty and thirst for glory. (Shrug maybe that makes him the perfect warrior) So I dont think Zoe is the only one who merged with an Aspect, it doesnt seems to be the case for me.
: Zoe - instantly merging with the Aspect
Leona, Diana and Taric merged with their Aspects too, but you're also right that they didnt get all the power at once, I will send a wall text I did on Discord once to explain Ascepts, Ascended and Darkin so I can clarify it for you: > What I believe that happens with the Ascended is that the power of the concept comes down to human and the human body and soul are wholy remade by that power, but the concept itself is still on the celestial realm, as the concept would be erased had it fully made it to the physical realm. The quanitity of power absorbed by the human varies depending on how much physically and psycologic they're attuned to that concept. > > Aspects are a tricky one, while I believe the concepts are still on the celestial realm even when they get a host, the "conciousness" of the concept gets inside the host's head and the host will gradually get more attuned to that concept. You could describe that as the concept "planting a seed" on their hosts. Thats also the reason why Ascended get new bodies and Aspect mantains their bodies, Ascended need a new body since their human bodies would desintregate with so much power in so few time, but Aspect hosts have time to "adapt" to that power. > What I believe that happened with Darkins is that their concept was teared off from the celestial realm and forcefully had to materialize into a human body and then said body was trapped into a weapon. I remember Taco talking sometime ago about how concepts are not able to materialize in the physical realm due to their abstract nature, how does war looks? How does changes looks? Therefore when the Ascended gets fused with the entirety of the concept, it means > > Every. Single. Interpretation. From. Every. Single. Sentient. Mind. > > Their bodies are simply not able to exists and when they get into a weapon, everything that the concept ever was is reduced, and human minds cant reach to it because it is trapped. I believe that the entirety of the concept power is trapped inside the weapons, even though I'm not sure if the Darkins can tap into it. I hope that clarifies it for you. If you still have questions just ask me.
Reiizm (NA)
: Lore facts that sound like bullshit but are actually 100% true
Vladimir succed a very big furry A little girl who likes to see buttlerflies flying is one of the most powerful beings in the universe. She also got her powers kicking a ball. Swain the Grand General of one of the biggest military forces of Runeterra lost his arm to an edgy 14 years old girl.
Peardix (NA)
: Typo Reporting for Universe
While I do agree that there should be a tool to report typos, two things: 1. Xin Xhao bio is outdated, they need to flesh it out at some point 2. This isnt a typo, in his old lore Xin Zhao was freed by Jarvan II and served him, that setence is saying that when Jarvan III b ecame king Xin Zhao started serving Jarvan II's son, which is Jarvan III.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dkqamrhA,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-20T17:18:29.958+0000) > > ##Questions: > 1. Why did the Comicology Issue not appear on time? > 2. How could the Frost Priests tell Sejuanis lies? > 3. How would you describe what a Grellfeen is? Why did Ashe call it a tragedy when the killed it? > 4. Has the Treaty between the Frostguard and Ursine been truly broken? > Does the Frostguard know of this? > 5. Is there true hate coming from Kalkia toward Sejuani? 1. I donno. It should have and should be out slightly before universe. Will ask. 2. This will be expanded later. Sorry no spoilers! 3. Icewyrm . An alpha predator, mostly aquatic. This one was extra big. In the same way you might look down on a giant deer (or other animal you hunted) and be sad you killed it. 4. A. the better question is why might you want people to avoid Ursine lands. (A reason other than they might kill you.) b. not really. 5. Their relationship is complicated. Future issues will explore it. As will the next series: Oathfather. (if approved) Super thanks for the review and kind words! ...heading back to work.
> Their relationship is complicated. Future issues will explore it. As will the next series: Oathfather. (if approved) Wow wow wow hold up there, did you just reveal one of the(possible) next comic? Consedering how Silence of the Damned focused on Udyr partenal relationship to Sejuani, I'm assuming thats an Udyr comic? I cant think in any Freljord champion as focused on being a father figure. Thats a big reveal, I didnt think you would be able to reveal post 2019 comic names. > A. the better question is why might you want people to avoid Ursine lands. (A reason other than they might kill you.) b. not really. I assume Spirit-walkers would have a really high chance of becoming Ursine on those lands, and consedering this: > Any who dare to face him may find themselves joining his fierce army of Ursine warriors… It might be true to anyone who reachs way too close to the Volibear. But that seems to obvious, I will keep my eyes open(and no I'm not going to die now :p) > Icewyrm . An alpha predator, mostly aquatic. This one was extra big. In the same way you might look down on a giant deer (or other animal you hunted) and be sad you killed it. Sejuani mentioned she hunted icewyrns alone, so we alredy got to see she doing that. Are icewyrns natives to the Ursine lands? Btw, nice way to add nuance to Sejuani current actions consedering how she broke Frostguard laws and saw Ursine fighting before she even became a warmother. Also, the comic is great so far, I have high hopes for insighths on why Sejuani belives Ashe betrayed her in the next issue. And I also have to say Silence of the Damned became my favorite LoL story, congralutions for your incridible work!
: Stormborn
It's literally Iceborns but Storm. If you want a better explanation: > The assumption of elemental magic ruleset is that it is infinitely scalable and malleable. i.e. Most of what we've focused on for worldbuilding is logic systems rather than classifications. This way the many teams at riot and many products can build whatever they need... provided they follow the internal logic of the systems. > > So we can assume wind, fire, Ice, water, but it's possible to assume lighting, earth, sand, mist, etc.. etc... If we are making a new Champion or character for a comic book we want a simple system that doesn't require huge exposition. > > So the core idea is that some people and creatures have a transcendental connection to the elements (and the elemental plane). They are empowered by contact with this element (esp pure versions of that element), and they have the ability to wield that element as magic. > > We don't want to make classifications that limit teams. We want rules that people can "feel" beneath the construction of the world going forward. (I.e. If you know what an Iceborn is, how much time do I need to spend explaining Stormborn? Not much right?) https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/luKNAK3m-ashe-warmother-issue-1-avail-nows?comment=001a000000000000
: There’s a lot of content and media that will be featuring Illaoi coming up (mostly 2020 and beyond). Fittingly, i think, as she was designed to be a “tough mentor” character who pushes people to be their best, motivates growth, forces people to fight for what they believe in (both within “the test” and outside it) and leads people to fight for humanity in the face of undeath snd other horrors. Also leading an extremely powerful organization and having a variety of secret knowledge puts her in a sort of Nick Fury role— who arguably is in more books and movies than any other marvel character.
I just want you to know that you really, really, really hyped me.
Gilgayu (NA)
: World Runes and... Lesser Runes
"Lesser Runes" do exists, and we have quite several examples of them. * Riven's sword was enchanted by LB and trasnformed into a runic sword. * Shyvana and other elemental dragons posses shards of elemental runes within their hearts. * Thresh's lore mentions runic sigils protecting a vault full of dangerous artifacts. There are many others but I think 3 mentions is enough to confirm "lesser runes" existence. Ah and also, Ryze never used a World Rune, his body isnt that way because of the runes, it is because of his own usage of magic: > [{quoted}](name=Scathlocke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tkt7t6to,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-25T15:56:05.124+0000) > > Ryze was never transformed by the Runes. That's what makes him different from Tyrus, and able to continue the mission for centuries afterwards. > > (With varied results!)
: In the Nami comic I'm pretty sure they're touched by the Void. Creatures like Cho and Kha were from when the Void was (lore-wise) a colder, darker, scarier world with monsters and harsher rules of nature. It seems like Vel is the only relevant lore Void creature, while being able to argue that Rek'Sai is just a sand creature mutated by the Void. I haven't touched up on Void lore in a long while but from what I recall, only {{champion:145}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:161}} have any actual story to them with the Void. {{champion:96}} just eats shit to understand it {{champion:31}} is super hungry {{champion:121}} is hunting Rengar {{champion:421}} Just wanders in the desert
Well Rek'Sai is building a big ass portal in the Sai'Kallek. But yeah I want to see what they're going to do with Voidborn lore.
Vıvıd (NA)
: Riot i feel like its important to let us know if the cinematic was canon or not...
> [{quoted}](name=Riot cottonfxn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wInvEeiL,comment-id=000300030000,timestamp=2019-01-22T02:30:35.353+0000) > > it's been over a year since we were in "these" meetings. IIRC... > > For the purposes of this video's storytelling everything is just slightly in the future. It portrays a plausible, potentially real future. Riven has clearly been extradited, or captured and thrown in the pits after her present timeline story taking place in Ionia. In order to portray Draven as just ever so slightly different, we decided to change his costume from participant of the gladiatorial arena to VIP onlooker and presider-over-events fancy guy. Not so over the hill that he's in government uniform, but not as grimy as he once was. ____________________________________ [My point was more that this event definitely has not happened YET. It may, or it may not. Everyone will have to wait and see what 2019 brings! ](https://twitter.com/LaurieGoulding/status/1087555870450307073) _________________________ [The events shown in the video are... not yet part of stories that we have told. I'm going to leave it there for now ](https://twitter.com/LaurieGoulding/status/1087472131179302912) Hopw that clarifies things for you.
: Something i thought about because of one line from Demacian Heart
I want to note that th terriotory between Noxus and Demacia isnt unclaimed, Noxus even tried to use them as a weapon once: > She was to infiltrate the contested lands between eastern Demacia and the Noxian empire to investigate signs that enemy agents were attempting to unite these buffer states against Demacia. Lux’s mission was a complete success and the nefarious plot failed, the fragile alliances being brokered by Noxian agents collapsing in a flurry of betrayals and deceit. And Noxus also attacked Demacia recently(the mention of the Trifarian Legion means it was in the last 7 years since the Trifarix was formed, because Darius's lore states that he created the Trifarian Legion after he became a member of the Trifarix): > Dark of hair and keen of eye was Diadoro, the bearded swordsman who’d held the Gates of Mourning against the armored host of the Trifarian Legion for an entire day. If you look at the map you will see that the Gates of Mourning are exactly at a Demacia x Noxus border and there was no apparent Demacia counter-attack against Noxus, unless the map isnt showing a change on that borders/it was not mentioned alredy(and sincerely I dont think it is either of those cases). Do we have any account of Demacia defending territory that isnt their own against Noxus too? In truth I remember Demacians seemligly fighting _against_ those states that separate them from Noxus: > He walked armorless through the Silent Forest to ambush the fetid servants of the Rancid King. (Garen's lore) I think there is a bug on the map that will not let you see where the Silent Forest is placed, but it is between Noxus and Demacia too. And I really dont remember any account of Demacia defending non-demacian lands against Noxusbelong that quote in Lux's lore, which is an exception since Noxus would use them directly against Demacia and it was a work of a secret order which is not really part of the Demacian military.
Alzon (NA)
: {{champion:427}} the Goonfather {{champion:102}} the Dragonborn {{champion:96}} the Void Puppy {{champion:48}} the Troll King
But "the Troll King" is Trundle's title already.
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2OYWgWYY,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-18T06:40:30.170+0000) > > Celestial: cosmos/Targon/celestial sources > Spiritual: spirit realm > Undead/necromancy: Black Mist > Blood magic: self explanatory > Arcane and Runic: World Runes > Elemental: we don't know yet, but there's a theory that it's conected with spiritual magic > Yordle: nobody knows > Demon magic (swain, evelyin etc): self explanatory > True Ice/Dark Ice magic: True Ice/Dark Ice, might be an extension of Ice elemental magic > Did I miss any? Where does Light magic (Lux, maybe Garen) fit into this? Is it Arcane or possibly linked to Holy magic? What about Nature Magic (Ivern, Maokai, Zyra)? Related to spiritual magic? Shapeshifting (Nidalee)? I know Udyr's is linked to spirits (I.E, spiritual magic), but I don't know if Nidalee works the same way (considering she physically changes into the animal). Void magic is obvious where it comes from, but you missed it. Shadow magic (Nocturne, Kayn, Zed)? Linked to Void magic? Sand magic (Ascended)? Some form of Elemental magic? Poison magic (Cassiopeia)? Spider magic (Elise)? Wychfyre (Fiddlesticks)? Holy magic (Kayle)? Related to Light magic? Illusionary magic (LeBlanc)? Lee Sin? Faerie magic (Lulu)? Metalmancy (Mordekaiser)? Music magic (Sona)? Dark magic (Syndra)? Related to Shadow magic? Card magic (Twisted Fate)? Chronomancy (Zilean)? That's all I could think of.
> What about Nature Magic (Ivern, Maokai, Zyra)? Related to spiritual magic? Not sure about Ivern, but Maokai is a nature spirit, so obviously its spiritual. Zyra is kinda of a mix, there was elemental magic in the soil she came from but it was mixed with a burst of runic magic used by a human sorceress that later gave birth to Zyra. ______________________ > Shapeshifting (Nidalee)? I know Udyr's is linked to spirits (I.E, spiritual magic), but I don't know if Nidalee works the same way (considering she physically changes into the animal). Nidalle is confirmed to have diluted Vastayan blood(as is Udyr) and the Vastayans are deeply linked to spiritual magic. Waaaarghbobo explained it better in this comment: > People with vastayan heritage retain some of this power but have much more limited control. They might be able to transform quickly-- but only to one or two shapes (usually related to their spirit animal). Or they might be able to "partually" transform to many shapes or harness natural magic...but they aren't really in control or can't totally transform. There is also a guy who can transform into a pig in Santagelo Vastayan Journal and explained that he could transform because of his diluted Vastayan blood. __________________ > Shadow magic (Nocturne, Kayn, Zed)? Linked to Void magic? Shadow magic is more linked to spiritual magic, it is a form to force your will over spiritual magic and corrupt it, it was better explained in Nocturne's lore: > Although no record names the first of them to cast off their flesh and enter the spirit realm, it is known that they came to stalk one another not only on the battlefield, but in landscapes shaped by their own subconscious thoughts and emotions. Unconstrained by the laws of physical reality, they fought in ways that more mundane minds could scarcely comprehend, even conjuring subtle, etheric assassins to do their bidding. Shadow mages seemed particularly skilled at such things—and so it was, for a time, that they came to dominate the spirit realm, casting it into twilight. And anyway, Zed short bio call it spirit magic: > During the war, desperation led him to unlock the secret shadow form—a malevolent spirit magic as dangerous and corrupting as it is powerful. ___________________ > Sand magic (Ascended)? Some form of Elemental magic? The Ascended uses celestial magic, but it is deeply shaped by their own percerptions of the concept they fused with and the magic itself. For example, Azir most likely fused with the concept of leadership, since he is the emperor of a desert-like place, when he received powers associated with the leadership, he received powers over the most abundant resource of the land he leads, sand. Same explanation applies to his soldiers. But not talking spefically about Ascended, Waaaaaarghbobo said that sand can be considered a "core element" depending on the local culture and that would lead sand magic to be type of elemental magic in a certain place, in Shurima it is really likely that some people have elemental sand magic. ______________________ > Poison magic (Cassiopeia)? Wouldnt say there is such thing as poison magic, Cassiopeia was simply transformed into a half snake and received "poison powers". The poison was probally created by an Ascended(Naganeka?), my current guess is that the venom was meant to transform Cassiopeia into a snake like beast that would devour anyone who came to the tomb with her, but the venom was weakened, either for the passage of time or some unknwon reason and turned her into a half snake instead. But back to the main matter, if the venom was made by an Ascended, it is probally some type of celestial magic, which is, again, heavily shaped by perception, that Ascended probally represented the concept they merged with as a snake(animals are often used to represent concepts in Shurima) and received snake like powers, including magical poison, because of that. __________________ > Spider magic (Elise)? Elise received her new form from Vilemaw's poison, I believe that Vilemaw is a spirit-god(like Ornn, Anivia etc) which was corrupted by the Black Mist in some way. That would means that her magic is spiritual. __________ > Holy magic (Kayle)? Related to Light magic? Dont really think holy magic is a thing, Kayle is probally going to use celestial magic but until the rework I cant say anything for certain. ___________ > Illusionary magic (LeBlanc)? I think thats just a more advanced type of light magic. ___________ > Lee Sin? Lee Sin canalizes the power of the Spirit of the Dragon, therefore his magic is spiritual. ________________ > Faerie magic (Lulu)? Pix was mentioned to be a spirit in the last ask Riot: >Lulu has taken this to mean that he was born as a seed-pod, and later sprouted **into the fae spirit he is now.** And Yordles are also spiritual in nature, since their home, Bandle City, is a place of the spirit realm, so yeah, spirit magic. ____________________ > Dark magic (Syndra)? Related to Shadow magic? Syndra seems to be a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally unique case, I'm not sure what magic she has but I dont think it is related to Shadow magic. I could enter in depth but...some persons made me tired of dicussing Syndra :^). ____________ Those are the ones I can answer, hope that helped. But I want to leave something clear, while all those mentions of spirit and celestial magic might feel limitating to a certain extent, they are only a reference to the realms they originate, spirit magic include things from Zed to Neeko while celestial magic includes things from Aurelion to Renekton. As you can see their origins in no way means they are equal to all other subtypes of their respective magic.
: Sorry But yeah, i don’t know that story, or even if it was an internal writer who wrote it. Like many older champs, Zyra is problematic overall imho. I would argue what they are describing sounds like spirit magic to me... but their is alot elemental magic used in the south... so this could relate to that.
I was only using Zyra lore as an example, the questions want focused on it, I just wanted to know how magic shaped by local culture would work in a place without inteligent life to form a culture. But anyway thanks for the answer.
: Q1. Good questions... and I'm not sure Ashe knows at this point. Q2. Dark ice has slightly different from properties and enhances abilities somewhat differently than true ice. --though it is a derivative.
Hi Waaaaerghbobo, even though thats related to another answer you gave to us, I thought it would be better to ask in a more recent answer. Anyway, sometime ago you said that: > [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=9ejcikoq,comment-id=000500000001000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-31T22:28:17.245+0000) > > Not canonical but also not non-canonical because my basic philosophy on world building favors rules (logic based) instead of categorization. > > Categorization just creates an endless list and endless exceptions— like french verbs. ;) > > So in this instance, the question (when roleplaying, writing etc..) is : does that culture see a distinction between those possible elements? > > And is it possible to assign an separate emotional and symbolic value to them. Is ash a part of fire? They are probably related but probably not the same —if you live anywhere near a volcano. > > ((An example would be Anivia as a demi-god representing the first frost and changing of the seasons vs the Volibear with storms, lighting, and blizzards. > > Both can relate to a snow storm and can relate to true ice... but what kind of snow storm? The one that might kill your tribe, or the one that freezes the rivers and marshes thus making you free to travel?)) > > Basically the requirement for sand or mist to be a core element is for some culture to perceive that to be true— which is very likely in any enviroment that experiences it. (So shurimans probably don’t have mist mages or even know that type of magic exists, but Ionians probably do— though conversely -sand based magic would seem odd or impossible to Ionians.) I was wondering, what happens when there isnt a local culture to define either something is a core element or not? For example, in Zyra's lore(I know you didnt write this one but i'm just using it as an example to a question I assume you know the answer) we can find that quote: > Elemental magics had turned the soil there in strange and unpredictable ways, giving rise to fierce, carnivorous plants that preyed upon any creature that strayed within reach. Assuming that there wasnt any being inteligent enough to influence that elemental magic, which seems fair to assume, what would be it's core element? For example, if dust and rock can be two separate core elements, which one of those would that elemental magic be qualified into(again, just an example)?
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T01:58:09.064+0000) > > Show me where there's anything that says Valeeva is in Demacia and then we'll talk. Well, she won't be in Noxus, Rhaast was buried there, she won't be in the Freljords, Aatrox was buried there, she won't be in Ionia, Varus was buried there, she won't be in Shurima, Varus already searched there.. and there was already a Darkin sealed in Shurima, Ta'anari. That leave Mt. Targon, the Shadow Isles, and Demacia. I don't think she is going to be a zombie, and I don't thinks the Targonians would desecrate their sacred mountain by sealing a demon in it. Before you bring up Piltover, it exploded, and no Darkin was buried beneath it. > No, Blaustoise, a known troll (remember the Zed fiasco?) who isn't part of the lore team nor has anything to do with either Sylas's or (afaik) the angel sisters dev teams said that. Very different. So the rest of Riot can't use red herrings when talking about champions?
> Well, she won't be in Noxus, Rhaast was buried there, she won't be in the Freljords, Aatrox was buried there, she won't be in Ionia, Varus was buried there, she won't be in Shurima, Varus already searched there.. and there was already a Darkin sealed in Shurima, Ta'anari. Noxus is really big, Rhaast was found close to Vindor but there is still a lot of Noxian land. Aatrox wasnt sealed in Freljord, he was sealed in Shurima and went all the way up to freljord, that has been clearly stated in those two quotes: Question: > Where was he trapped as a weapon? Answer: > Shurima https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8una0m/were_the_team_that_updated_aatrox_ask_us_anything/e1gzxjy Question: > A different question, can you share what Aatrox was doing in the Freljord to fuck up Trynd's tribe Answer: > I will say that he’s been traveling around the world for looong time. Looking for a better host(s)—and indirectly, perhaps only subconciously, he wanted to get away from his homeland and headed towards the location of the only other major void incursion. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/jFb3VXOW-aatrox-ult-music?comment=000000020001 Tryndamare lore is in no way a proof that Aatrox was sealed in Freljord since Aatrox is walking around the world for centuries, just because he decimated Tryndamere's tribe some few years ago, it doesnt means he has been centuries in that same place. Ta'anari wasnt sealed anywhere, that "Chailicar is a Darkin" theory never made any sense and Scath alredy debunked it: https://twitter.com/LaurieGoulding/status/1055700548819644416 > I'm not sure why people are fixating on the Chalicar... **it's not a Darkin weapon**, and it was used, ONCE, as a template for trapping the Darkin. That's not necessarily going to work again, you know! And it was never confirmed that two Darkins cant be sealed in the same place. All the regions you mentioned are almost continental size. And even then, there is still those territories between Demacia and Noxus AND there are still other continents, we only know 1/6 of Runeterra. And about Piltover, as Cetri mentioned there are still some Shuriman ruins that werent destroyed.
: The Runeteera Map is amazing
> except Demacia (because Demacia can go to hell Funny you say that. Have you seen the Demacian Throne Room recently? https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/Sxsu_hCrIfDrREbiIyyC6VpYm0b7_EL9XWrFvSJnsKc/https/pbs.twimg.com/media/DwASnwuW0AUv1cq.jpg%3Alarge PS: that and some others images in the Demacia page are a teaser to the new champion and something really big coming for Demacia.
Glîtchy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dan Squared,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xWMEsp8w,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-29T09:32:40.656+0000) > > What has Demacia done that is evil? > > We know they are extremely anti-magic > We know they are patriarchal > We know they have a fairly rigid social structure > > Their Salem-witch trial hatred for magic is about as close to evil as they get so far > > Compare that to the Expansionist "join us or die" ways of Noxus. > > There something new I'm missing? Wait but....Lux uses magic, so why nothing towards her?
Lux hides her magic, few people in Demacia know about it and most of those people are from a secret order that secretly uses magic for Demacia.
The Iceborn (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dO7kk2zM,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-28T14:48:23.197+0000) > > It wasn't a statement, it was a pompous choice of words from Myisha because she used the moonlight as a power source/channel. Do you know where it was said? Id still like to know if the ascension ritual can be reversed?
To be clear, the moon spell didnt reverse the Ascension, it only killed the ascended, what turned Ta'anari into a human were the portal and spell thief spell he used before the moon spell. He survived the moon spell because his entire body(removing his eye) was alredy a human body when he used all of his remaining power to conjure the spell.
: > [{quoted}](name=Atgo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IzzyTegh,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-12-22T12:13:07.859+0000) > > Is there any source saying Taric is the Aspect of Life. I mean, since his Aspect is the Protector the most logical assumption would be that he is the Aspect of Protection. Protection was even used as an example of celestial ideal in Aatrox ama, just like war, which is Pantheon: Well yes, it says he is the Aspect of the Protector, but the universe page goes in depth by stating that this means Taric is Runeterra's guardian of *Life,* love, and beauty. So Taric is technically three Aspects in one. The Aspect of Life, the Aspect of Love, and the Aspect of Beauty. Or, at least the Protector embodies all of these things. > > And I believe there are lesser celestials below Aspects, and Soraka was any of them. I mean look at those quotes: > > (The creature in this quote is Nami, but the important part is the description of a wanderer. Important to note that Soraka is also called a wanderer in her short bio and she totally fits this description.) > > ven though the celestial dimension_**S**_ part of Soraka's short bio was removed, I still think it is fair to assume that some of those dimensions in Zoe's lore are part of the celestial realm(and the change was mostly because of wording anyway, before it said "Celestial dimensions beyonf Mount Targon" and the Mount Targon part was removed, "A wanderer . So from that we can gather that: > 1. Celestial creatures materialize in the physical realm constantly enough to tribes living in the sea borders of Mount Targon to know about them > 2. There are celestial creatures in different dimensions that were in Targon's control but tried rebelions against them. > > With those two bits of informations, its extremly unlikely that all celestial creatures are Aspects, so its totally possible that Soraka was one of those lesser celestials. No no, I get what you mean. I didn't try to imply that all Celestials are Aspects, only that the strongest ones (Pantheon, the Protector, etc. etc.) are. And with how powerful Soraka *seems* to be, I just assumed she was one of the stronger Celestials.
> Well yes, it says he is the Aspect of the Protector, but the universe page goes in depth by stating that this means Taric is Runeterra's guardian of Life, love, and beauty. > > So Taric is technically three Aspects in one. The Aspect of Life, the Aspect of Love, and the Aspect of Beauty. > > Or, at least the Protector embodies all of these things. It says that he is the guardian of those things, but if he is the Aspect of Protection, it just makes sense that he would guard and _protect_ them. I dont necessarily think that he being the guardian of something means he embodies those things, principally when the possibility of he embodying Protection is likely.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IzzyTegh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-21T20:44:36.623+0000) > > I find a lot of similarities with Taric, especially when it's told in her bio (I believe) that she cannot save the ones that don't want to be saved (which is the same line of Taric short story). I see what you mean. Taric is supposed to be the Aspect of Life, yet he draws his power from "the Protector" (who he refers to with masculine pronouns) and not Soraka, despite her being the (former) Celestial with a heavy emphasis on Life. Maybe the Protector is Soraka's sibling (if Celestials have siblings)? Maybe he is her "successor" now that she's a mortal?
> Taric is supposed to be the Aspect of Life, yet he draws his power from "the Protector" (who he refers to with masculine pronouns) and not Soraka, despite her being the (former) Celestial with a heavy emphasis on Life. Is there any source saying Taric is the Aspect of Life. I mean, since his Aspect is the Protector the most logical assumption would be that he is the Aspect of Protection. Protection was even used as an example of celestial ideal in Aatrox ama, just like war, which is Pantheon: > [yeah war in the "heavens" is some bat-shit level hardcore stuff with bizaaro levels of consequences. This is a war between "ideas" where the very thought, understanding, conception, or expression of a thing can die. **What would happen if the very idea of War was deleted and ceased to exist?** (and let's not kid ourselves and think it would be all rainbows and gingerbread cookies.) **What if the idea of protection was deleted?** Does it stop or do we all become just a little less connected to reality? > ](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8una0m/were_the_team_that_updated_aatrox_ask_us_anything/e1hd40d) And I believe there are lesser celestials below Aspects, and Soraka was any of them. I mean look at those quotes: > She’d described some sort of otherworldly humanoid who had risen from the sea that bordered their village. It sounded like a wanderer: one of the lost, confused celestial creatures who sometimes ventured from Targon’s summit. (The creature in this quote is Nami, but the important part is the description of a wanderer. Important to note that Soraka is also called a wanderer in her short bio and she totally fits this description.) > Following this unusual transcendence, Zoe journeyed to dimensions at the very edge of Targon’s control, playing within realities beyond human comprehension. ven though the celestial dimension_**S**_ part of Soraka's short bio was removed, I still think it is fair to assume that some of those dimensions in Zoe's lore are part of the celestial realm(and the change was mostly because of wording anyway, before it said "Celestial dimensions beyonf Mount Targon" and the Mount Targon part was removed, "A wanderer . So from that we can gather that: 1. Celestial creatures materialize in the physical realm constantly enough to tribes living in the sea borders of Mount Targon to know about them 2. There are celestial creatures in different dimensions that were in Targon's control but tried rebelions against them. With those two bits of informations, its extremly unlikely that all celestial creatures are Aspects, so its totally possible that Soraka was one of those lesser celestials.
Falrein (EUW)
: I'd like some Shurima update, but some places need it more let's be honest. We know a lot of things about Shurima (Where Icathia Once Stood and Twilight of the Gods give us a lot of info), which is why I think Bandle City and Demacia need it a bit more than Shurima. Now, Scathelocke said on Twitter that we'd get more insight on Ascended and Ascension next year iirc, so don't give up hope! Not gonna lie tho, I grew tired of Shurima and I think it's overrated. We've had a lot of Shurima. I can understand why you want more as a Shurima fan of course, but as someone who's not particularly interested in Shurima (apart from Sivir :D!), it can get boring. Also, I'd like to see Azir as more of a grey character than his current self (I fail to see him as a grey character tbh. Feel free to explain to me where I'm wrong so that I can change my mind, I'm open to all discussion).
~~I grew tired of Syndra and I think she is overated~~
32luke (NA)
: "Helnr's daughter has as much a claim to leadership as I..."
But the tribe was alredy called Avarosan because of Grenar's obssessions with Avarosa's Throne. And considering the description of the Avarosan tribes: > Led by Ashe, the Avarosan are an agglomeration of progressive tribes that believe in **diplomacy through the teachings of Avarosa.** I had assumed that her tribe's belief in Avarosa(even though it was mostly her mother, they still considered Avarosa a goddes) spread around more tibes when Ashe "became" Avarosa's reincarnation. This is possible but...meh.
: Probs an unpopular opinion but almost all female champs look the same facially so I feel that point is moot.
Nylisa isnt talking about physical simiralities, she is talking about ressemblance of idologies. If you look closely, you will see how Grena has this survival of the strongest and raid vibes going on. A difference I can think of is Grena's complete obssession about ancient myths, but Sejuani seems to be pretty rotted on ancient myths too considering this line: >...But to others, they have already moved too much…” > > “The Winter’s Claw. They hate Avarosinians.” > > “Avarosans. But the song binds them together, like this. This is the sound of the chains tying wolfships to Glaserport, and the Winter’s Claw to the past. The old ways. Blood in the snow. They live their lives on shattered ice. They think it is their might that cracks a path to sea, the wolfships prowling through… but it is not strong to cling to chains, and to demand that others carry them as well.”
: A mage can mean a lot of things, it's a very general term. A mage might be an iceborn, or hearthbound with some non-elemental magic connections. An Iceborn can be a mage, (Lissandra is) but an Iceborn implies a spiritual connection to the most common elemental magic of the freljord. Iceborn also describes certain abilities above and beyond what a mage might have and are esp strong in cold environments. They have Superhuman strength, resilience and resistance to cold. Case in point, Grena is physically stronger than she looks (much like Thor or Captain America.) If you fought Grena on a busy NY street she could easily throw a toyota at you, and could probably lift a city bus if it was winter.
I know thats not really your area, but those answers made me wonder about some other champios and races. I had the feeling that the Marai's water bending abilities only came from their staffs, but after that post I started to think. The Marai live in the sea so the most common elemental magic in their region is obviously water and Vastayas have a high connection to the spirit realm. So do the Marai and their staffs works in the same way as Iceborns and True Ice weapons? We learned by Where Icathia Once Stood that Icathia had a lot of thaumaturges, and Taliyah, who was born close to Icathia, is also an earth mage. They did have some staffs but it seems like earth mages dont need of spefic objects to use their magic, I dont say this only because of Talyiah but also because of thewording in Where Icathia Once Stood. I assume that the most abundant magic in the desert of Shurima would be sand instead of earth magic and thats why earth mages arent that common anymore(also because the Void is said to devout magic, so it could have devoured most of the earth magic in Icathia). Last one is Yasuo. We dont have so much information on him and the wind technique, but I remember people theorizing his father was a master of wind technique too. Perpaphs wind magic became more rare in the region they lived in and that lead to the birth of less "airborns"? I'm afraid that I'm using the definition of Iceborn in the wrong way because of your answers, so correct me if what I said is completly wrong, I just thought those people/races fits the "spiritually connected to the elemental magic of their land" description to a certain extent.
Rioter Comments
: he seems pretty cool, powerful etc for a friar, even if he did lose badly to grena in a fight
But would he be able to dive into the coldest abbys in Runeterra and fight off against What-Dweels-Below? Thats what high-rank Frostguards do.
Show more

Atgo

Level 7 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion