: I see your point, but I don't think it matters too much. Not many AP champs will stack all of those items. And they don't have as much hp as tank items do. I guess my thought is that if a mage has all those items they are already tanky enough that another 10% of that bonus hp won't matter too much. Or that if they only have 1-2 of those items, the bonus hp gain will be so small it won't matter too much. If it is a really big issue, though then you could just increase HP based on amount of Armor/MR. Like an extra 2 hp per 1 armor and 1 hp per 1 MR or something along those lines.
They don't have to build all of em, 2-3 is enough, and many games end before you get more. Maybe it would be enough to simply balance such a rune around tanks' higher health, but I find it's risky. Though personally I would prefer runes that do something more than simply boost stats. But I also don't want things like Aery, Scorch, Second Wind, Electrocute, etc., which are effectively the same as stat boosts - they're just more damage, more shielding, more health regen or whatever, with no effect on how you play beyond just making you stronger.
: Is it way harder to get champions now?
The more games per day you play, the better the old system would be. Though if you upgrade whatever shards you get instead of only ever disenchanting, the current system might be better no matter what.
: Totally agree tank tree needs some buffs and directional focus in terms of tankiness. I think there is a concern that if you can get too much durability from just the mastery, you'll have similar problems to when Targons on ADC or Abyssal scepter on a mid mage was meta. You just get so tanky early on as a back line damage dealer that divers and assassins aren't able to do their job. So here are some ideas for runes that would be good for tankier champs and not back liners: 1. Re-instate Courage of the Colossus - I think this is good because it's just a temporary shield, so even if someone took it on an ADC or Mage with hard cc, it wouldn't be something they could abuse if the cooldown is long enough. 2. Put in a 100% uptime tenacity rune similar to what the Precision tree offers 3. Offer a rune that increases the amount of bonus HP by a small % FROM ITEMS ONLY - this would be something that only tanky champs would benefit from, and wouldn't really be that broken since it doesn't scale with HP from leveling up or from other runes. 4. Offer a rune that reduces damage taken based on the number of enemy champs in VERY CLOSE proximity to you - the range for enemies to be in to activate this should probably be pretty small, like maybe about the same range as the Guardian keystone. And as far as damage taken i'd say maybe like 4/6/8/10 % . That way it tanks could still get bullied by damage dealers hard in lane, but would be rewarded for good engages and come online a touch earlier in terms of team fighting. If you are really worried about tanks being too strong early you could just make it only activate with 2 or more enemies, and make it 6/8/10%.
> [{quoted}](name=Whisper87,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GEddtZPi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-05T22:21:25.276+0000) > > Offer a rune that increases the amount of bonus HP by a small % FROM ITEMS ONLY > this would be something that only tanky champs would benefit from I'm not so sure {{item:3165}} {{item:3151}} {{item:3152}} {{item:3116}} {{item:3027}}
XeroKimo (NA)
: I mean, people consider Rumble Q and R as DoTs so I don't see why the two above wouldn't be
Rumble's R is actually DoT. You still take damage from it after having stepped out of the AoE.
: > [{quoted}](name=**Ayzev**,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=maPoVkp2,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T08:54:24.135+0000) > > **Shitposting is more fun**, but I guess I can try that as well > > I don't think this has anything to do with Riot encouraging or discouraging something, that's just something inherent to most, if not all team games > Yes, that was my original point. I don't know what you're arguing if you agree with me. Go back and read my OP, that was the general idea. There are already natural incentives to be a team player which are fairly obvious. > Probably because people that flame are less likely to work with their team, so this point is the same as the first > Another great no point argument you make here which is basically in agreement with my OP. > So here we've got one player that reformed to prove it works. And an entire playerbase that has retained notoriety for its toxicity for years on end to prove that it doesn't. > Nothing is perfect in life. Get used to it. I am proof that at least SOME toxic behaviour is punished. You're arguing that's bad??? ok.. > I would be surprised to see anyone who would go out of their way to change their behavior just because they'll occasionally get a random skin. > You would be surprised by a lot of things in life based on that comment.... and... SURPRISE! I change my behaviour to get better rewards. I'm sure many others feel the same way. It's that surprising to you that some people are incentivised and motivated in other ways than you and care/want other things? lulz... > Not an inherently good thing. Many people don't enjoy having to keep relearning the game. And a lot of the time these updates don't address or even exacerbate existing issues or add new ones. As for the new champions, a lot of the time they are either balance nightmares, or cancer to play against - but fun to play as, which you could see as something supporting OP's point. Many people don't enjoy having to keep relearning the game? Many people do. You're point is moot. Especially since the OP of this entire thread was complaining about not enough changes/updates.... lol. Please move along troll. :-)
> [{quoted}](name=TotalSilencey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=maPoVkp2,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T19:29:04.536+0000) > > There are already natural incentives to be a team player which are fairly obvious. Winning more is an incentive, but on its own not a very good one. The primary goal of the game is to have fun, and winning doesn't necessarily imply fun. If someone has more fun chasing kills than playing around objectives, they'll gladly take a loss, with no regards for the team And a natural incentive is not the same as promotion, as you initially called it > Nothing is perfect in life. I'm not expecting perfection. I'd just like more than the little-to-nothing we have now > It's that surprising to you that some people are incentivised and motivated in other ways than you and care/want other things? It's not just myself that wouldn't put that effort in just for skins, I have never seen anyone that cared enough anywhere - irl, on the boards, in-game, in Discord servers or on YouTube. > Many people don't enjoy having to keep relearning the game? > Many people do. You're point is moot. "Not an _inherently_ good thing" > Especially since the OP of this entire thread was complaining about not enough changes/updates.... You mean in another thread? Because I don't see anything like that from them here > Please move along troll. :-) Are you sure you're reformed?
: You didnt address his argument. I totallyagree @TotalSilencey
Shitposting is more fun, but I guess I can try that as well > [{quoted}](name=TotalSilencey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=maPoVkp2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-03T23:43:47.815+0000) > > Teams that work together out on the rift, win more often. Proven. I don't think this has anything to do with Riot encouraging or discouraging something, that's just something inherent to most, if not all team games > Teams that flame less, win more. Proven. Probably because people that flame are less likely to work with their team, so this point is the same as the first > Toxic behaviour and attitudes are punished to prevent bad behaviour. I even had my first account banned (reformed player here as living proof the system works). So here we've got one player that reformed to prove it works. And an entire playerbase that has retained notoriety for its toxicity for years on end to prove that it doesn't. > skins I would be surprised to see anyone who would go out of their way to change their behavior just because they'll occasionally get a random skin. > As for game content or updates. We are getting new champs all the time. Changes to the gameplay and the rift are coming down every season. I love the new Dragon changes that affect the physical map itself. Not an inherently good thing. Many people don't enjoy having to keep relearning the game. And a lot of the time these updates don't address or even exacerbate existing issues or add new ones. As for the new champions, a lot of the time they are either balance nightmares, or cancer to play against - but fun to play as, which you could see as something supporting OP's point.
: I disagree. I believe Riot promotes team work. Teams that work together out on the rift, win more often. Proven. Teams that flame less, win more. Proven. Rewards are in place for those that follow the "summoners code" (incentive to play fair, nicely and engage in teamwork). Toxic behaviour and attitudes are punished to prevent bad behaviour. I even had my first account banned (reformed player here as living proof the system works). Riot gives you free champs/skins just for being a good team mate and following the summoners code! As for game content or updates. We are getting new champs all the time. Changes to the gameplay and the rift are coming down every season. I love the new Dragon changes that affect the physical map itself. You DO NOT need to spend a single $1 on this game! I have a few accounts where I have spent $0 and have all champs and MANY limited edition/rare skins. Be positive and a good team mate. You will be rewarded in many ways. Can we lock this thread?
> [{quoted}](name=TotalSilencey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=maPoVkp2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-03T23:43:47.815+0000) > > I disagree. > Can we lock this thread? lol
Arammus (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika310,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N1tIdBOE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-02T23:35:22.216+0000) > > I didn't read the article mind you, but I believe what they're saying is 10M will be set aside and everybody will be given a fair share of that money. Probably on a person-by-person basis decided by how much they were individually affected by the abuse. that would make way more sense lol. man for that money they could smash my balls...
> [{quoted}](name=Arammus,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N1tIdBOE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-12-02T23:37:07.745+0000) > > man for that money they could smash my balls... Dunno for sure how many employees Riot has, but I heard 2000 at some point. Assuming half are female, that's $10m scattered across 1000 people. An average of $10k per person. Making something like $50k a year is pretty average in the US, so that payback is not actually all that much.
Cõmega (NA)
: Inconsistency with the mod team
> [{quoted}](name=Cõmega,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xEuu4wKA,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-01T22:17:19.215+0000) > > but i cant provide advice. I don't think you can blame the mods for not realizing that "Use your brain" was actually meant as advice, rather than an insult as is usually the case. Or did you link that video in the original comment as well?
: > [{quoted}](name=FioraWillCarry,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mIzzAcY2,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-30T23:49:39.534+0000) > > Why are you being an asshole? I asked a simple question. > > And you didn't even understand the question. I'm not asking about all that bullshit. I'm asking a simple question....what happened in recent days that made Lee so popular all of a sudden. That's all I'm asking. I'm not asking about Warwick or how viable he is or any of that. Let me be an asshole too and question if you understand English. You literally said yourself you don't understand the drakes therefore I judged, you do not seem to know the actual condition and the meta of the game. Lee sin is the most picked champion since more than season 4. Nobody is surprised and we should stop pretending about being outraged. And what I'm trying to say here is that the Meta is actually starting to revolve around KILLING Lee sin. People already know what Lee does, how he rotates his camps and is actually picking stuff to get wins out by countering.
> [{quoted}](name=Crimson Zeppelin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mIzzAcY2,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-11-30T23:26:16.912+0000) > > Lee sin is the 104 place in champion performance out of 146. > [{quoted}](name=Crimson Zeppelin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mIzzAcY2,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-30T23:58:01.468+0000) > > the Meta is actually starting to revolve around KILLING Lee sin. So you're telling us that Lee is weak, but at the same time he's warping the meta?
: Remember when i said Senna ADC should be nerfed because it will be broken despite what Riot says?
I am in agreement with the point you're making, but I would recommend using other sites instead of lolalytics and champion.gg Lolalytics inflates win rates due to the way it filters games, which is, if you look at, say, Senna in plat+, that will include games where a plat playing Senna is stomping some gold plebs, but it won't include games were a gold Senna is being stomped by plats. And I'm not sure about how champion.gg's win rates work, but I've often seen them differ significantly where most other sites showed pretty similar numbers. And I know that the way their ban rates work is that they show the average percentage of people that ban a champion in each game, instead of the percentage of games that the champion is banned in. Meaning, if in every game 1 out of the 10 players banned Senna, champion.gg would say she has a 10% ban rate, while every other site would say 100%. Who knows what shenanigans they've pulled with the other stats. I once heard u.gg's stats were confirmed by a Rioter to come closest to Riot's own data, so maybe give that a try
: > [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Iz5jZTIm,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2019-11-30T18:53:24.449+0000) > > Cuz it's wasteful, innit Not really wasteful if they like the skin regardless if they play the champ or not. Long as its not stupidly throwing 200$ for a prestige skin I see no issues.
> [{quoted}](name=2Charmnot2Charm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Iz5jZTIm,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-30T19:56:12.769+0000) > > Not really wasteful if they like the skin regardless if they play the champ or not. > > Long as its not stupidly throwing 200$ for a prestige skin I see no issues. But if you never play the champion, you'll never see the skin. It's like buying a painting only to keep it in some otherwise unused drawer. Sure, it's probably pretty inconsequential, but idk, I would never do that myself
: > [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Iz5jZTIm,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-29T21:08:42.278+0000) > > But why would you do that? Why not?
> [{quoted}](name=2Charmnot2Charm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Iz5jZTIm,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-11-30T01:26:51.931+0000) > > Why not? Cuz it's wasteful, innit
: > [{quoted}](name=LightswornLance,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GtkgELdI,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-11-29T03:52:25.843+0000) > > ..Removed by Moderation.. Freedom of Speech is the right to speak **YOUR OWN OPINION** , It does not bar you from consequences... In the real world you face repercussions for your actions, like saying some dumb shit like this and getting scolded for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Liquidify,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GtkgELdI,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-29T04:34:49.238+0000) > > Freedom of Speech is the right to speak **YOUR OWN OPINION** , It does not bar you from consequences... How is it freedom if there's consequences? Not gonna go against the private business part of this thread, but I hope to god you don't use this argument when it comes to politics. "Of course you're free to speak your opinion, just know it will land you in jail"
Pika Fox (NA)
: You say that like people buy skins only for what they play. I NEVER play zoe outside aram randomly giving me her. I have 2 zoe skins.
But why would you do that?
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: You don't remember cuz it never was. Not even in the nostalgia filtered seasons 3 and 4. And the only way to actually achieve perfect balance is for everyone to be playing the same champ on perfectly symmetrical maps.
There doesn't need to be literally perfect balance, just enough balance that mechanics, decision making, map awareness, team comp, etc. outweigh whatever advantages anyone has due to the imperfect balance.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oYpZ834n,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-24T13:51:52.617+0000) > > Supports should not have gold. > > If they end up too weak riot should look to buffing their kits to be less dependent on gold because supports should be effective primarily on their base kit Terrible game design. It is an utter failure of your game if you have 1/5th of players in every game unable to partake in most of the complexities of the game. If that is the route you want to take, it would make more game design sense to make SR a 4v4.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oYpZ834n,comment-id=00040003,timestamp=2019-11-24T16:40:33.273+0000) > > make SR a 4v4. Personally, I support this
: FPS drops since 9.22...
> [{quoted}](name=PinkieFireflyUwU,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9giVg3y0,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-15T20:02:17.669+0000) > > 55-35fps...Game is unplayable Ever tried 5 fps in URF? :^) I used to run solid 60fps when I started somewhere in S5. Now the drops are actually so bad it's impossible to react to anything, combo anything or even hit a skillshot, and sometimes some inputs seem to be outright ignored
: ***
You're not wrong, but this isn't what the thread is about
: Yeah no. This video is just nonsense. If you actually believe anything in this you're just trying to look for something to hate. Also balancing around the 99% is the dumbest and I mean dumbest way to balance a game. Since NEWFLASH they're not good. You should balance around people that are good and force those people to learn.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7gpLzupI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-16T00:16:15.958+0000) > > force those people to learn. God forbid people get to have fun
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Actually, banrate is up to 200%. there are 2 teams, so every champion can be banned twice per game. thus, champions with 40%+ banrate is totally possible.
If you measure ban rate in an actually sensible way like most sites do, then yes. But champion.gg doesn't do it the sensible way.
: Riot has gutted every ADC for ladder play except them.
> [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hABEWepm,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-08-04T18:37:07.379+0000) > > Riot has gutted ~~every ADC~~ {{champion:96}}, {{champion:110}}, {{champion:429}} and maybe {{champion:29}} Fixed that for you.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: champion.gg is so fucking outdated you should never ever ever look into this site for anything, really. some champion's data haven't updated since 9.2
I'd like to add to this that the ban rates they display aren't based on the percentage of games a champion is banned in, but the percentage of people that ban that champion per game, so you'll never see any ban rate surpass 20%. No other site does this. Who knows what else could be fishy about their numbers
Terozu (NA)
: Ezreal is the character closest in age to most of the boys playing this game and the most conventionally attractive without being a musclelord fantasy making him a popular, relatability and attractivenesswise pick. Combined with having a simple yet solid kit with high skill expression means that he's good as both a casual and a hardcore champ. He is on average the most played champ in the game and has been for 7 years. Even when he's weak his playrate stays high.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hABEWepm,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-08-04T22:25:16.526+0000) > > Ezreal is the character closest in age to most of the boys playing this game I'd say second closest {{champion:20}}
: designing new traits isn't the balance team, but the design team though, same for releasing overloaded kits like reworked irelia or reworked...anything really. Both the design and the balance team haven't show much brilliance in the last few years, and it seems like they don't work well together(or they do and are just the same kind of stupid...)
They don't just work together, they are the same team
OKIDJ (NA)
: Why the removal of TT could make the game literally unplayable.
When they removed Dominion, nothing happened. Why would TT be any different? Meanwhile, death recap is actually tied to everything in the game - no matter what mode you play, it has the death recap in it. So it's no surprise when that breaks the game.
: Where's the issue?
1 gold 1 on each team, 1 plat 4 on each team, but 3 gold 4 on one team with 3 gold 2 in the other. Average tiers being gold 1 vs gold 3. Win rates of each player - 48%, 49%, 58%, 59%, 61% vs 22%, 38%, 47%, 50%, 54%. Sure wonder who won
SEKAI (OCE)
: > Respect is something you earn. Not something you have or you own. That's incorrect. Everyone deserves a bare minimum of respect. It's called manners and human decency. What is to be earned, is trust and total respect beyond that. Similarly, they could also lose respect from that minimum floor. If everyone has to go out of their way to impress you before you would give them the barest minimum of acknowledgement, then you're just an asshole. This is especially true since most people who say this kind of nonsense don't equally apply the same logic onto themselves when it comes to their own interaction with other people.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wf0Zi8NK,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-30T11:46:16.781+0000) > > They could also lose respect from that minimum floor. > [{quoted}](name=Wizard Blaze,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wf0Zi8NK,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-30T11:04:02.835+0000) > > if you are annoying and your existence is unpleasant I think you guys are in agreement
: LoL's playerbase is big enough that the wiki suffices, and Riot sees no reason to spend time on an ostensibly official resource that no one uses when a third-party site is the de facto official resource. Now, you take a game with a small playerbase, like Star Trek Online, and you find yourself wondering exactly how often you can use [Small Hypospray] (the equivalent of a health potion) because the item's detailed info window literally says "a few seconds." And 90% of that game's wiki is just datamined, so its description of that item is the exact same thing. And no wiki user has added any notes. And literally no other website has that information, either (except I've mentioned it a couple times on Reddit when describing this very issue, which is rampant in that game). You have to load up the game, buy the item, equip it, use it, and look at the CD timer. It's 15 seconds, by the way. Or Rift, which has a wowhead-esque site for it that's basically just datamined plus user comments, but there aren't enough players for Random NPC #51896 to have any comments stating where the hell he is or what he sells. And half the time you try to Google anything about the game, you get results for Oculus Rift. We are incredibly lucky that there is _so much information_ available online for LoL that the developer doesn't even need to do anything to ensure that it's easy to look up anything we want about anything in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fh1RlJWo,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-07-30T04:47:38.931+0000) > > there is so much information available online for LoL that the developer doesn't even need to do anything Which came first though, the wiki, surrender@20 and all that, or the developers not feeling the need to do anything?
Zardo (NA)
: Asking for someone to be fired over a pretty minor mistake isn't really the best way to go about starting a conversation.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fh1RlJWo,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-29T17:15:13.801+0000) > > Asking for someone to be fired... Wondering how it hasn't yet happened is not the same as asking for it. > ...over a pretty minor mistake... You think the 25000 unit dash is just a typo and the only problem on the site? The entire damn thing is garbage. They didn't make any mistake here, they've been willfully neglectful. > ...isn't really the best way to go about starting a conversation. Neither is trying to immediately shut it down by shifting blame.
Midg3t (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=SociopathFriend,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ec9EzYAq,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-29T17:43:52.718+0000) > > "Ohhhhhh nooooo toxic players aren't punished in a video game." > > Might be overselling 'devastating' there champ. 1. Imagine how many people who believe Riot's system is perfect would be mad once they realise it's easy to exploit it. 2. Media outlets were making articles about even less significant shit. Example: articles which are shitting on Blizzard because their brand new OW character is a white straight male. So it's not too far fetched to say they might make articles about this aswell, which would hit riot's rep. Sure it might not be DEVESTATING (yea i overexaggerated) but it would hit them. 3. there were articles made in the past because players exploited this system to get people banned (https://www.eteknix.com/league-legends-players-baited-bans/)
> [{quoted}](name=Midg3t,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ec9EzYAq,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T18:04:37.943+0000) > > Media outlets were making articles about even less significant shit. Example: articles which are shitting on Blizzard because their brand new OW character is a white straight male. Not all that good of an example. That's less significant to the regular folks who just want to have fun with their video games, but very much significant to the media for their goals.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HA7REldU,comment-id=000600020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T16:05:52.932+0000) > > But this discussion is about the game. About its deficient punishment system. It's informing Riot that currently people can repeatedly blatantly break a certain rule and not get punished. How does this not belong here? Because it looks bad. It's so SAD that Riot used to be so transparent about everything, and always talking to the community, and now they just release their occasional video where they talk at us about their plans for the future and then nothing for weeks or months at a time. They never talk about anything related to player behavior, only balance and new skins. I'll be frank here, I invested so much into this game because of the RESPECT I have for Riot Games and their employees. That respect is quickly diminishing as a DIRECT RESULT of Riot's behavior as a corporate entity.
> [{quoted}](name=Will of Noxus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HA7REldU,comment-id=0006000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T16:08:22.920+0000) > > Because it looks bad. I get this impression too, that they care entirely about looks nowadays, about marketing, about advertising themselves. But I must ask, for what god damn purpose? League had already hit 100 million players. The entire world already knows this game. Everyone that may have any interest in it has already played it. There is no one on the planet left to attract, and those who have left have already moved on and invested themselves in other things. Why keep wasting time, effort and resources, and in increasing amounts at that, on something you cannot get any more of than you already have? Why not try to retain what you have instead, slow down the decline, extend the game's lifespan by however much possible? When you're about to crash into a tree, shouldn't you be stepping on the breaks rather than the gas?
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Will of Noxus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HA7REldU,comment-id=0006000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T15:49:45.754+0000) > > So when a news outlet releases a story: > > "Man Robs Bank for Millions, Suspect Still on the Loose!" > > "Boy I sure would like millions of dollars, and this news outlet just showed me it's possible to get away with robbing a bank, I should go do that right now!" > > Holy... we live in a circus. We actually live in a damn circus. Everyone who's in charge of anything is a clown. Actually, copycat crimes are a thing and articles like that do occasionally spark additional crimes. The Boards aren't a news agency though informing the public that a dangerous criminal might be on the loose; this is a community platform to discuss the game. These types of discussions don't belong here.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HA7REldU,comment-id=00060002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T15:57:17.196+0000) > > The Boards aren't a news agency though informing the public that a dangerous criminal might be on the loose; this is a community platform to discuss the game. But this discussion is about the game. About its deficient punishment system. It's informing Riot that currently people can repeatedly blatantly break a certain rule and not get punished. How does this not belong here?
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: That's just.... Not true... I rarely see him get banned. When i play him, maybe he is banned 1 out of 10 games on average
I find stats to be more telling than one person's personal experience
: You could say the same thing about any champion with non on-hit sustain. Pyke isn't even a good champion right now, get over it.
> [{quoted}](name=AlphaM Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qBw4ye0Y,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-27T12:18:19.273+0000) > > Pyke isn't even a good champion right now Yeah, he's banned every 4th game and picked every 5th game just for no reason at all, isn't he
Cloud273 (NA)
: How about no? Let's not buff the champ with a 52% winrate. https://champion.gg/champion/Teemo/Top
lolalytics, League of graphs, u.gg, op.gg all show a lower win rate, the highest being 50.76% on u.gg. And you're not taking into account the low pick rate or how hard his win rate drops when you filter out anything below masters.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: The only thing wrong with pyke is the massive amounts of gold he gets from his ultimate. Everything else anyone would say on the boards about pyke will be mindlessly upvoted because it's pyke. sentences which look like this : "why X gets to do Y" are inherently stupid because the clear answer is that his designers wanted him to have that.
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qBw4ye0Y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-27T10:28:04.881+0000) > > "why X gets to do Y" is stupid because the clear answer is that the designers wanted that. That answer tells us absolutely nothing. It just leads us to ask essentially the same question again - why did the designers want X to do Y?
: Yas is annoying, he's not OP. The complaints calling him OP have never been legit. Since I'm a JG though, he's never bothered me. Yas tends to be an easy gank if anything.
> [{quoted}](name=Beerstein,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IHx0AniG,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-07-27T18:12:30.511+0000) > > Yas is annoying, he's not OP. The complaints calling him OP have never been legit. But the complaints about him being annoying are legit, and never addressed
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bWZAnlfn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-25T15:25:32.851+0000) > > And your overall soloq wr is 68%, meaning that those autofill games don't do jack shit to how many games you win. > > Your problem is that you are a otp player, and I'd expect any otp to be fucked over by autofill. As it should be. One tricks should not climb. Period.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bWZAnlfn,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-25T16:20:43.264+0000) > > One tricks should not climb. And why is that?
Teh Song (NA)
: Pyke has one of the most easily dodgeable kits in the game. Q, easily dodged. E, easily dodged. R, easily dodged. Q is as any line attack with non-instant movement speed is. E has a delay, a clear indicator, and requires himself to be in risky positioning. R is an X. It's size isn't that impressive, and it's an X. You don't even half to get out if range, just between the lines. His ult is an execute. Especially since the new patch, it deals minimal damage. He can barely hurt you with it. Below threshold is death by execution, above threshold it just tickles you. You can heal after his animation starts and get back above threshold. It happens all the time, even just from lifesteal. Pyke can't get more hp. Most defensive items are trash on him because without the HP they lose so much gold efficiency, and without HP gains armor/Mr is only so effective anyway. The sustain from Pyke's W is his only real defensive option. Without it he'd be nothing; unplayable. Pyke isn't going to get your hp low enough for execution by himself. His kit outside ult is utility; 2 CC's and his sustain, with minimal damage. His execute will kill you, sure, but only if his team did the rest of the damage first. In short, he's not really an assassin, because he can't assassinate. He's just an executor. He even has voice lines when he dies in a 1v1 to remind the player that he's not supposed to be able to 1v1. "I work better with a crew." "Needed more hands." Etc. Pyke is hands down the most gold reliant support in the game. Without the ability to raise your hp if you need extra defense you have to be able to buy more armor/mr than other supports. Because of his lethality scaling you want to get all 3 lethality items. He doesn't have any defensive skills for use on allies so if you want/need something like that you have to get an item for it. On top of all that, picking Pyke into a team is a composition choice to have a support with less support utility as a trade off for increasing your team's gold advantage, but Pyke needs his own gold to pull that off. As a support, he's not getting much cs, so he needs his ult gold to compensate. If your having trouble against Pyke supports here's a tip for you: you counter him by attacking his adc, because if you scare them off he can't do s--t anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gwAd5T7x,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-22T23:15:11.573+0000) > > Pyke has one of the most easily dodgeable kits in the game. > Q, easily dodged. > E, easily dodged. > R, easily dodged. Factually incorrect, considering that even the best players apparently can't dodge his shit. https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/builds/pyke/master The best of the best are even fucking worse off https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/builds/pyke/kr/master You're the type of guy to tell someone at gun point to "just dodge lmao", aren't you
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pool Party Pix,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RYqFm25v,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-21T21:57:40.576+0000) > > What? Grasp reduced for ranged? What the hell are you talking about? {{champion:41}} GP isn't ranged. His attack range is 125 which is considered melee.
Are you deliberately missing the joke?
: is this some advanced boards joke?
: In higher elos, it actually *is* hard to get hit by it. But I can understand why it would stomp in lower elo.
> [{quoted}](name=Gaijin Bengoshi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8rfIss6n,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2019-07-20T20:49:59.880+0000) > > just dodge it lmao git gud https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/pyke/master Guess people suck at the game all the way up to Masters
Prozzak (NA)
: At 20 minutes into the game the gold was within 1k and kill total was 1 kill difference. It ballooned some after that for the next 8 minutes but it shows they were in it.
OP's team got 1 baron, 1 dragon and 1 turret over the entire game, while the enemy team got 3 dragons and 11 turrets. Evidently, gold difference didn't matter anywhere near as much as that 5th person.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aiJlH4ZA,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-07-19T08:08:58.139+0000) > > And where does this fun come from if not the pursuit of a win? > > Seriously, please educate me on this. Else I can only imagine a literal toddler fawning over the flashy colors on a magical screen before him, being surprised whenever he presses a button and something happens. > > You don't have to actually get the win to have fun. But I can't imagine how you can have any without being given a fair chance. 1000g bounties say you have a chance at any point. And just because youre losing, doesnt mean your 7-2 Kaisa(example) isnt having fun.
Bounties may even out gold disadvantages, but you're still 4 people against five. Chances are the enemy team can just group mid and run you down, especially if someone got fed enough to be worth 1000 gold And the Kai'sa can't know she'll go 7/2 at as early as 3mins into the match
: Some people actually play the game for fun, rather than just giving up and starting over everytime a game seems unwinnable. It is a game afterall, not a job.
And where does this fun come from if not the pursuit of a win? Seriously, please educate me on this. Else I can only imagine a literal toddler fawning over the flashy colors on a magical screen before him, being surprised whenever he presses a button and something happens. You don't have to actually get the win to have fun. But I can't imagine how you can have any without being given a fair chance.
Prozzak (NA)
: The entire team other than the op voted no. Are they really the selfish ones when 3 of them wanted to play vs the 1 who didn't? Sounds like the 1 complaining on the forums is the selfish one. He stated the game went 38 minutes, they clearly had a chance to win.
> [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aiJlH4ZA,comment-id=00020000000100010001,timestamp=2019-07-19T00:07:19.956+0000) > > He stated the game went 38 minutes, they clearly had a chance to win. Chances are the only reason it went on that long was because the enemy team was deliberately not trying to end because it was just too easy for them
Eedat (NA)
: Hi, I was wondering what metrics you use to determine that Shaco is in need of a buff. According to Lolayltics, he's sitting at 52% winrate with 4% pickrate in Plat+ and 55% winrate with only 2% playrate in Masters+. While I agree these numbers wouldn't put him in top tier by any means, its also a pretty far cry from needing straight buffs. He has pretty good numbers in Plat+ and the high ELO mains seem to be making him work in high ELO as well Are you proposing straight buff(s) or a trade off for more damage to make him feel better to play?
So you look at bugfixes and quality of life changes as just buffs, and because his stats show him being in no need of such, you advocate against fixing the problems OP listed? There probably is a good chance Shaco would need toning down if he got fixed, but does that mean he should remain as is? Do you want champions to be balanced around being buggy and inconsistent?
: > [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G4eMOXIs,comment-id=00020000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T06:41:13.759+0000) > > Some of those recent KDAs tell me otherwise https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Solutate+Khaz "KdAsMaTtEr" your off urself kid
Your win rate wasn't exactly impressive either for a 75% win rate diamond smurfing all the way down in silver. Maybe if you stop trolling those poor low elo casuals you'll start gitting gud with Riven as well, not just with your onetrick And let's not even get into the irony of you calling others kids, considering all your posts so far
: > [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G4eMOXIs,comment-id=000200000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T05:48:18.943+0000) > > Coming from a silver > > Come on, man. You're making laughing at you way too easy What if i told you, this is just a smurf : O
Show more

Ayzev

Level 37 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion