: > [{quoted}](name=BanThisRito420,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rN7RlkU4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-01T17:55:20.381+0000) > > I also want to make this post clear, NOT ONCE DID I SAY THEY DESERVE A BAN. Only in the clickbait title which apparently you fell for. That's the only place that you make any sort of suggestion of action against smurfs. So that's on you.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rN7RlkU4,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-01T17:59:40.630+0000) > > That's the only place that you make any sort of suggestion of action against smurfs. So that's on you. I was never going to propose a solution this is a discussion board and I wanted to start a discussion. Clickbait title was to draw you in, I knew it would make some smurfs mad ^
: SMURFING IS CHEATING. BAN ALL SMURFS!!
> [{quoted}](name=BanThisRito420,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rN7RlkU4,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-01T16:26:09.606+0000) > > Smurfing should count as cheating (especially in low elo or levelling players) because it creates an unfair advantage to the team that has the smurf. I have faced many smurfs while levelling up in league and it has been frustrating and anger inducing, to the point where I have lashed out. It seriously makes me not even want to play the game, I mean whats the point in playing if I can't have fun? I enjoy playing the champions (the ones I have unlocked that is) but not being able to win, do anything or even be useful is annoying and boring. Even worse is when im being matched with plat players when im level 27, like seriously wtf?! How in the high hells am I ever supposed to win that. > > The point im trying to make is that when you are a new player and all you seem to do is face smurf after smurf it ruins the game and turn me off the game. I know im not alone and some of my friends have quit because of it. Its just unfair and soul destroying. > > Some of you will say 'its part of the game' or 'just get better' and to you I say.... thats not the point. I also want to make this post clear, NOT ONCE DID I SAY THEY DESERVE A BAN. Only in the clickbait title which apparently you fell for.
: > [{quoted}](name=BanThisRito420,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rN7RlkU4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T17:07:35.161+0000) > > Just because im competent at the game does not mean I am a smurf, I came from playing dota (Havent played in a longggg time) and I watch a lot of streams and youtube videos/ guides. I chose the name because I thought it was funny (inside joke with friends) Let's assume that were true, you still played like a smurf. If Riot were to impose some sort of smurf ban then your account would likely be on the chopping block along with the smurfs. There's is no way to prevent smurfs without also imposing some measure that will push away actual new players. This is a F2P game. Emails are free and easy to create. Hardware can be shared across many people and accounts (such as internet cafes and households sharing a gaming computer) IP addresses can be changed with VPNs, automatically change for some with Dynamic IPs, and are also shared in many locations (dorms, internet cafes again, households). ID, credit card, or phone number requirements will push away new players that would be rightfully wary to give away such information to play a free game. All that's left is a sort of mitigation. Looking at how well a person plays they can stick those they believe to be smurfs with other people whom they believe to be smurfs. That way if they're wrong, it's not like they banned anyone. They just stuck the new player with people who were roughly as skilled despite them playing for longer.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rN7RlkU4,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T17:18:36.961+0000) > > Let's assume that were true, you still played like a smurf. If Riot were to impose some sort of smurf ban then your account would likely be on the chopping block along with the smurfs. > > There's is no way to prevent smurfs without also imposing some measure that will push away actual new players. This is a F2P game. > > Emails are free and easy to create. > > Hardware can be shared across many people and accounts (such as internet cafes and households sharing a gaming computer) > > IP addresses can be changed with VPNs, automatically change for some with Dynamic IPs, and are also shared in many locations (dorms, internet cafes again, households). > > ID, credit card, or phone number requirements will push away new players that would be rightfully wary to give away such information to play a free game. > > All that's left is a sort of mitigation. Looking at how well a person plays they can stick those they believe to be smurfs with other people whom they believe to be smurfs. > > That way if they're wrong, it's not like they banned anyone. They just stuck the new player with people who were roughly as skilled despite them playing for longer. Thats exactly what I would propose happen. Most of the time is clear who the smurfs are because they'll have a ridiculous KDA. Lumping those type of players together would be beneficial to all. That way (like you said) if someone had a great game and is deemed smurf material they wont lose their account, just a few games till the get put back where they belong.
: Um. It's pretty clear that you're also a smurf (a new player isn't going to name their account "BanThisRito420" and your very first few games show competence required of a person who's played the game before) so wouldn't it make sense that you'd be matched up with/against smurfs?
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rN7RlkU4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-01T16:29:37.140+0000) > > Um. > > It's pretty clear that you're also a smurf (a new player isn't going to name their account "BanThisRito420" and your very first few games show competence required of a person who's played the game before) so wouldn't it make sense that you'd be matched up with/against smurfs? Just because im competent at the game does not mean I am a smurf, I came from playing dota (Havent played in a longggg time) and I watch a lot of streams and youtube videos/ guides. I chose the name because I thought it was funny (inside joke with friends)
Rioter Comments

BanThisRito420

Level 27 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion