: Im diamond in EUW, Ziggs is not good in ANY elo.
did you downvote me? o.O (just in case, I wasn't saying he was good at any elo) (ive never played ziggs, but even with a lead he seems to do little with it compared to so many other champs, and im always so glad when I see one on the enemy team because I think even if they get ahead, I can still deal with him) (rather easily)
: Meddler, i dont wanna end up like Hashinshin really, can we already do something for Ziggs? its 4 years now that its unstable and generally weak in any elo over Gold, its considered by MANY a VERY suboptimal choice, and has an unexisting competitive presence. I know, he is too good in low elo to be buffed, Can you do something about it tho? Its been 4 years. I wanna play my favourite Champion again.
Ziggs is not good in low elo. (P.S. am low elo.) xD
: ***
what's wrong with gay shit? xD why? (and isn't it as simple as Kayn wanting to be better than Zed or sth?) (im a bit biased with the gay shit tho, v v sexy)
: What office cliche is each champion?
Can someone profile {{champion:76}} pls? xD
: I’m actually hoping that the rest of 2018 is dedicated solely to VGUs.
Pale Mask (EUW)
: There's no real main characters in League because Riot doesn't want to make players who aren't attached to the champions in question feel left out. However, in terms of "protagonist" quality, I'd say the following champions have it: **DEMACIA** - Garen, Lux, Jarvan IV and Shyvana; maybe Vayne **NOXUS** - Katarina, Darius, Riven and Swain **SHURIMA** - Taliyah, Sivir, Nasus and Azir **ICATHIA/VOID** - Kai'sa, Jax, Kassadin; maybe Malzahar **PILTOVER** - Vi, Caitlyn and Ezreal **ZAUN** - Janna, Ekko and Jinx; maybe Warwick **IONIA** - Shen, Zed, Yasuo; maybe Irelia **FRELJORD** - Ashe, Sejuani, Olaf, Ornn; maybe Braum **BILGEWATER** - Miss Fortune, Twisted Fate and Graves; maybe Gangplank **BANDLE CITY** - Teemo; maybe Tristana **TARGON** - Leona and Diana; maybe Pantheon and/or Aurelion Sol **SHADOW ISLES** - Lucian and Yorick
> DEMACIA - Garen, Lux, LeBlanc and Shyvana; maybe Vayne > NOXUS - Katarina, Darius, Riven and Swain and LeBlanc FTFY.
: @Riot - Why Do Champions With 0 CC Exist?
No it's not that champs like these are without cc that is the problem - it's when you pick melee assassins (e.g. {{champion:76}}) and you have one of these on the enemy team. {{champion:4}} {{champion:90}} (maybe {{champion:24}} ) {{champion:13}} Point-and-click CC is cancer and completely unfun to play against. /rant
: > [{quoted}](name=Banbutsu Sozo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fz6fp0Bj,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2018-05-24T23:16:16.716+0000) > > No. It's because of his retarded windwall that has no place in his kit. > > I main Nidalee jungle. I need to land a spear to go in. I need to land it through his mobility in lane, I need to land a pretty hard skillshot to land, and then if the Yasuo is sensible and saves his windwall for these skillshots, I'm fucked. And then his passive shield might just remove the poke from the spear. > > Can you honestly expect there to be enough coordination in soloque to try bait it out beforehand or to remove his passive shield? > > If this Yasuo is playing mid lane how can I chase him down the lane? Yasuo mid is horrible to play against. > > I don't think he is OP, but his windwall is definitely broken, and even mroe so for the width of the wall. > > I'm not sure of the relevancy of these two points; that he requires a lot of muscle memory and real decision making on when to go in and that one-off players will feed a lot. > > This is just one perspective of why he is annoying, and lists only a few problems with his kit. wait... are you serious? do you realize that Windwall, that is maxed last, has 22 second cooldown? while yasuo builds very little to no cooldown reduction items or runes? whats the CD on Nidalee's spear? 6 seconds period, plus the CDR you naturally get from items, terrible example Yasuo needs Windwall because if he had no windwall he would get one-two shot by ADC's or easily CC'd by proyectiles
Hardly. A Nidalee relies on the FoW and the element of surprise and good angles to land her spears. A failed first spear usually means a failed gank, because you can't proc your passive, you can't gapclose (no extended range on pounce and no bonus movement speed.) Nidalee is good at tower diving, but not without impunity. You might br able to get some poke damage off if you land another spear, but most of her damage is in her cougar form. Nidalee is good at towerdiving because of her (conditional) mobility and her execute (scales from missing health.) Not the best, but you can dive low health target. Nidalee is a very one-dimensional champ. You either land a spear and go in or you don't. It's also one of the reasons why she doesn't work mid lane anymore (tho it is fun.) Her Hunted passive is no longer just a bonus to her other abilities, but a necessity. Quite frankly. You're wrong. Go play Nidalee and continue to tell me I'm wrong. I think he needs quite significant changes to his kit. If they change the windwall I do think he should get compensatory changes to his kit. Onto another point, at least the windwall shouldn't give team-wide utility.
Thilmer (EUW)
: I'm worried about the tipical problem: Riot releases a Bruiser ítem and one patch later has to nerf it because ADCs are abusing it. You can bet on it. The game definitely needs more ítems with the "melee only" restriction to easily fix that kind of shit in advance. Talking in a more general way and not only about Shoji's Spear, I still think AD ítems are getting out of control. Do AD champions really need so many ítems that give a ton of ofensive AND deffensive stats? It's like making 3 different versions of Zhonya's. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
rip lack of itemisation option for ap champs (mainly ap bruisers), especially in the jungle.
: I honestly think that boards are overbitching about this item. It's pre-armor/mr flat mitigation that doesn't reduce true damage. It's only be useful against DoT's and Supports's basic attacks. Everything else that hits hard will barely fell the difference. Try to tank that Veigar ult or Trynda crit with it and come back to tell me how much it helped.
: People should just learn how to counter Yas. Instead of just complaining about him.
So the game should mostly be decided in the pre-game lobby? Because that's what you're suggesting, when that's the only way you can.
NemeBro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fz6fp0Bj,comment-id=000a0002,timestamp=2018-05-24T18:48:32.506+0000) > > Someone has it right. > https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/diamond/by-banrate According to that site he goes up to about 55% win rate on very dedicated players. By comparison, Jax players with the same amount of games are at about 57%.
But would his win rate go up if he wasn't banned as much?
: Let's be real, Yasuo is only banned because of the bronze stigma, its a champion that requires a lot of muscular memory and real decision making on when to go in. That means, one-off players are going to feed a lot playing him
No. It's because of his retarded windwall that has no place in his kit. I main Nidalee jungle. I need to land a spear to go in. I need to land it through his mobility in lane, I need to land a pretty hard skillshot to land, and then if the Yasuo is sensible and saves his windwall for these skillshots, I'm fucked. And then his passive shield might just remove the poke from the spear. Can you honestly expect there to be enough coordination in soloque to try bait it out beforehand or to remove his passive shield? If this Yasuo is playing mid lane how can I chase him down the lane? Yasuo mid is horrible to play against. I don't think he is OP, but his windwall is definitely broken, and even mroe so for the width of the wall. I'm not sure of the relevancy of these two points; that he requires a lot of muscle memory and real decision making on when to go in and that one-off players will feed a lot. This is just one perspective of why he is annoying, and lists only a few problems with his kit.
La Bello (NA)
: maybe because forcing players to choose sub-optimal items and sabotage their build paths just by matter of existing isn't fun?(yes it WORKS but its not FUN just like being forced to get a Zhonya's when the enemy has a fed Rengar) maybe because having a champion that does nothing but nullify the laning phase with heals and kill player interaction isn't fun? maybe because a champion who lives or dies by the opponents ability to purchase ONE item is not well designed? maybe because her rework fixed some problems in her kit while accentuating other problems and the champion still makes everyone audibly groan when locked in? maybe because being able to turn teamfights completely whilst never interacting with a enemy champion ONCE and instead playing exclusively from the backline should not be a thing? Soraka is far overdue for another reworks. 4 Years of this crap is 4 years too long.
Do you buy armour pen against a tank? There are so many instances of having to itemise against your laner. Your point is moot. My main issue was you putting Soraka and Janna into the same sentence. Oh don't get me wrong I think grievous wounds is a disgusting design in its current state. Soraka is obnoxious without its purchase, and underpowered with its purchase. I just don't get people's problems when they can just invalidate her kit with 800g and just play better. Which is uncommon. (I've spent a lot of time on the Soraka mains subreddit and people not purchasing Execall is common even in Diamond.) Then the frustration is on the Soraka players' parts. It was much healthier when there was othet conditions to it, e.g. Morellonomicon pre-rework only applied GW debuff below 25% health. (And healing regardless always create game health issues.) She doesn't play exclusively from the backline? Last note, Grievous Wounds isn't a Soraka problem. She is just one of those affected the most by the problem of Grievous Wounds.
La Bello (NA)
: >Look, the people who build airplanes rarely pilot them" well duh cuz then you have to go to pilot school and literally risk your life and whatnot not to mention a pilot probably couldnt put together a plane either. but video games are way different. Theres no real school that teaches you "fun" design or whats right and wrong. Everything here is subjective and what balance is right or wrong is merely a matter of debate. It only takes like 8 minutes to download and 1 minute to get into a League of Legends match. you know...? That game you spend 8 hours a day working on? I dont think there is any excuse to not plop yourself down in front of the computer once a day and start up a LoL match or two so you can have a good idea of whats working and whats not working. looking at nothing but data and graphs wont actually tell you why players HATE playing against Janna or Soraka with a passion or why the LeBlanc revert is a massive failure and exactly what OP mentioned about one-sided zerosum fun and putting counterplay on the backburner. If you actually played the game you might see why many players are practically watering at the mouth at the thought of Morello era balance returning(I know I am at least ). Riot DID have a goal but halfway through they got lost and abandoned it. The pace at which these problems are getting resolved is far too slow and the wound needs to be staunched soon less you end up the next Heroes of Newerth. Release those play numbers Riot....
Because people don't buy {{item:3123}} and facecheck the Qs and try outtrade her early game? (ref. {{champion:16}})
Vekkna (NA)
: We have two new items on the PBE, both are (of course) for ADs. One is a tank item that converts health to AD. The other is a high-AD item that converts AD to damage reduction that can only be countered by true damage. My initial reaction is "what the fuck are you thinking?!" But in the interest of being constructive, I'm really trying to keep that in check. If possible, I'd appreciate some insight on the following points: 1) I have long believed that damage, durability, and sustain ought to have some tradeoffs involved. These items - in addition to current balance and recent champ designs/reworks - suggest that Riot believes the exact opposite. **What is Riot's view on the extent to which such tradeoffs should exist?** 2) When it comes to item design, how do you decide which classes will get certain effects? For example: {{item:3155}} {{item:3074}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3072}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3147}} {{item:3812}} {{item:3146}} All are some mix of damage, durability, and utility. Now you can add Atma's and Spear to the list. That makes me wonder... * Why do you have to be AD to convert your health to damage? * Why do you have to be AD to convert damage to health? * Why do you have to be an AD fighter to get damage reduction that's immune to pen? * What is unique to ADs that justifies exclusive access to the above?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 23
Is it a possibility to add another AP jungle item? I think the current Runic Echoes that gives mana, CDR and the Luden's proc is good, but any changes to the item always changes which champions it synergises with. Like the differences between e.g. Nidalee ( for the most part an early game assassin), an Elise (a diver/bruiser?) and for example a Brand jungle all have vastly different playstyles that is hurt by the lack of itemisation options for AP junglers or AP mages in the jungle. Could another version perhaps keep the movement speed and not the mana or CDR, or could a jungle item have a Lich Bane proc? (Though I heard an attempt at that was broken by Ezreal's Q ability. Sorry for digressing.)
: You can probably demand to see the manager about that and get it for free tbh They'd probably throw in some apology coupons too
> [{quoted}](name=2nd Chance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B2WsTwE6,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-05-23T00:39:01.236+0000) > > You can probably demand to see the manager about that and get it for free tbh > > They'd probably throw in some apology coupons too I like your thinking. ;) {{sticker:leblanc-funny}} {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
: I'm a noob
{{champion:76}} You'll suffer for a long time, but she teaches you how to play the game. <3 (Not a good idea, though, if this is your first champion to main and you want to win.)
Raiyza (NA)
: Oh, he's definitely "beating around the bush" if you know what I mean. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} http://www.mobafire.com/images/champion/skins/portrait/taric-armor-of-the-fifth-age.jpg He's gay. edit: Beating around the bush is a much better joke. Fixed that. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
So flamboyancy means homosexuality? Where have we heard that before... {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
Raiyza (NA)
: I don't know why people are even complaining. We've had a gay character forever now. {{champion:44}}
: Could you name a few AP champs that take it? I'm hard pressed after Syndra and Diana. Back when it was Thunder Lords I took it on so many mages. But the whole needs separate attack or abilities really hurts its viability on most ap champs. But I do understand it is stronger than Thunder Lords so making it easier to trigger would mean a lot of champs would just take it. EDITED: Just thought of Kayle maybe.
Nidalee can take it. Most AP assassins I imagine can take it. (Nidalee lectrocute + Dark Harvest; Elise electrocute. LeBlanc takes electrocute mostly.)
: Isn't it good for jgl in general and on some roaming champs {{champion:136}} ?
Yeah it's good on ASol. That's what the top challenger ASol in NA uses atm. xD
: Waterwalking is basically a complete joke of a rune that I'm pretty sure nobody uses.
Wut. I use waterwalking on Nidalee o.O {{champion:76}}
Azylin (EUW)
: Soraka Remodel and Face Rig
(tl;dr:) Please keep the fangs. <3
Azylin (EUW)
: Soraka Remodel and Face Rig
**-Fangs inappropriate for unicorn/goat hybrid. Fangs relegated to temporary use in special expressions only.** I dispute this criticism. Fangs **are** appropriate for this unicorn/goat hybrid called Soraka. Her heals cost her own health, yet her Starcall "steals" the health of her enemies like a vampire. This goat lady is dead and not breathing. She is feeding off the life force of others (namely "the living") to sustain herself. I've always thought that there is a thematic divide between her lore and her abilities, and the only rationalisation I could come to was that Soraka is indeed a vampire; we just don't know that truth yet. She's a vampire that can heal others, which is unusual, but she spams Starcall on her unfortunate enemies and takes so much health. She can still also be celestial. Think of her like Vlad. {{champion:16}}
: Enemy ADC: Support, I don't feel well. Enemy ADC disintegrates.
Plot twist: Enemy support is Brand. {{champion:63}}
: If you are doing what many try to do... move, hit, move, hit, etc... if you begin the animation, and even the sound had begun of an attack... but move in time... it does nothing. Minorly flawed mechanic.
> [{quoted}](name=JustaNewb,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9E4AU0Wy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-02T10:25:20.744+0000) > > If you are doing what many try to do... move, hit, move, hit, etc... if you begin the animation, and even the sound had begun of an attack... but move in time... it does nothing. Minorly flawed mechanic. I see it visually connect, but I'm wondering if it is because there's a disconnect sometimes with the visuals and when it's connected? It has mainly happened when I have move hit move. Thanks for your response.
Rioter Comments
: If you think some one is suicidal, send a support ticket with as much info as you know about that person. Your other option would be the Discord channel to try and get someone who may be available faster. If there aren't any Rioters in, there might be people who know how to contact them.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WvZsQG6E,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-29T12:15:32.256+0000) > > If you think some one is suicidal, send a support ticket with as much info as you know about that person. > > Your other option would be the Discord channel to try and get someone who may be available faster. If there aren&#x27;t any Rioters in, there might be people who know how to contact them. Thank you for the response. No worries though. I was able to give the details to someone. Not a lot more I can do at this point.
Rioter Comments
: Lets look at Assassins
What if you're a one-trick Nidalee player? o.O
: I don't think it's reasonable for you to expect Riot to remove all point-and-click CC from the game because you can't be bothered waiting for him to burn it on a lower priority target or simply outplay it. I'm not asking for shields to become skill shots or for Riot to outright remove them. I asking Riot to add counterplay to them. I actually think that the only unreasonable CC in the game is Zoe's E simply because the hitbox Diameter triples if she misses. And even then, I only have an issue with it because Riot set a precedent with Fizz's ultimate but then refused to then abide by that same logic when it came to Zoe's E.
> [{quoted}](name=DarkSoul1994,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EneiL83y,comment-id=00000000000100000004000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-29T05:44:47.804+0000) > > I don&#x27;t think it&#x27;s reasonable for you to expect Riot to remove all point-and-click CC from the game because you can&#x27;t be bothered waiting for him to burn it on a lower priority target or simply outplay it. I&#x27;m not asking for shields to become skill shots or for Riot to outright remove them. I asking Riot to add counterplay to them. > > I actually think that the only unreasonable CC in the game is Zoe&#x27;s E simply because the hitbox Diameter triples if she misses. And even then, I only have an issue with it because Riot set a precedent with Fizz&#x27;s ultimate but then refused to then abide by that same logic when it came to Zoe&#x27;s E. But what if a Ryze holds his root / doesn't burn it on a lower priority target? I've been like 13/3 as Nidalee in the past. I can't do jack shit if I'm the fed one on my team and they are waiting for me to make a dive, assassinate someone and get out quickly, when that is partially my role and partially why someone might pick Nidalee. (That's one of her strengths.) A spellshield from Banshee's Veil doesn't cut it in teamfights. Am I expected to take smite and cleanse as a jungler against him? It's v hard to close a game against a Ryze because of this, because as soon as teamfights arrive I usually can't make any plays. Is it fair that I have to wait for flash to do anything? Even then my chances are slim. Can't stick to a target. Sorry for digressing but it's been irking me for some time and you've given me the opportunity to argue it. XDD You can't outplay point and click cc by nature of it being point and click. It requires a misplay by them. Especially as a melee assassin. (Sorry again; a low elo Nidalee main/one-trick in the jungle. XDD) Edit: Anyway, if they do ever rework shields, perhaps they could also look at healing and the binary nature of grievous wounds. Champions are either overbearing without it or underbearing with it, when e.g. the existence of Soraka's heals are balanced around it. Her winrate would plummet if people just itemised against it(, which they luckily don't often even in higher elos that often (Diamond), from what I've heard from the Soraka mains subreddit.) Sorry for digressing a lot.
: They're 4 different types of CC, two of which are Missiles which means they have counterplay. EDIT: Also roots still allow you to cast spells and basic attack and Suppression is exclusive to champion ultimates so it's fair enough that it has very limited counterplay.
> [{quoted}](name=DarkSoul1994,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EneiL83y,comment-id=000000000001000000040000,timestamp=2018-04-29T04:00:14.999+0000) > > They&#x27;re 4 different types of CC, two of which are Missiles which means they have counterplay. > > EDIT: Also roots still allow you to cast spells and basic attack and Suppression is exclusive to champion ultimates so it&#x27;s fair enough that it has very limited counterplay. How is it fair at all that they have no/little counterplay? When I play Nidalee and I dive the backline, it's absolute cancer that despite all my mobility, I can't juke a Ryze root and get instagibbed. It's completely unfun to play against. I even think all point and click cc should be removed from the game and then they 9the champions) can have power elsewhere. If I get caught by a Lux snare, or a Morgana Q, or Jax's counterstrike, I at least feel like I had agency and I could outplay / the enemy could outplay. If Lux missed she is punished. If I'm in range for Jax to gap close and counterstrike stun, then I mispositioned. Can't say he same for everything else I listed. So I don't see how you can call shields toxic and not point-and-click CC. (IMO) I think point-and-click CC should be deleted from the game. Make it all skillshots. I also think TF is on the verge of being broken (the rest definitely are); (though that doesn't mean I think TF is OP or unbearable to play against.) No champ should have that much picking power unless the rest of their kit is gutted in comparison. But that's just me.
: I think it's deserved, you were told by a Riot employee to change your name, so you changed it to something equally as bad, and then told to change it again, and reverted it back to the one you were told to change before which you said you understood why.
> [{quoted}](name=VOLT3N,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=W1Bbjryl,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-04-28T15:05:19.140+0000) > > I think it&#x27;s deserved, you were told by a Riot employee to change your name, so you changed it to something **equally as bad,** and then told to change it again, and reverted it back to the one you were told to change before which you said you understood why. Lol you really have no clue about Russia's history. I don't personally like or subscribe to a Marxist ideology, but there is a vast difference between a Stalinist and Marxist-Leninist one. Stalinism is outright authoritarian and illiberal. In its time in the 1930s Russia was the most progressive place in the world (ahead of the West) in regards to e.g. women's rights, but as soon as Stalin got into power (whom Lenin didn't even want to be the next leader), Stalin's very traditional and notions of what things should be starting taking hold, beginning a massive reverse of any progress made. Stalin is a bastard through and through, who abused his power and killed/executed a lot of people, and perhaps the OP didn't realise that. https://www.britannica.com/event/Khrushchevs-secret-speech Some good reading. Also search up cult of personality.
: No, a Shield is a shield. It's instant and point-and-click. Meanwhile there are many ways that stuns can be applied in the game with varying levels of counterplay available. There is no counterplay for shields in the game as it stands. Supports aren't even forced to use their Shields re-actively because their Cooldown more-or-less matches the Shield's Duration. It also means teams can't wait out the shield. You cut down the shield duration to 1-2 seconds and suddenly Kog'maw is a Minigun instead of a Minigun attached to a fucking M1 Abrams.
> [{quoted}](name=DarkSoul1994,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EneiL83y,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-04-28T03:05:31.997+0000) > > No, a Shield is a shield. It&#x27;s instant and point-and-click. Meanwhile there are many ways that stuns can be applied in the game with varying levels of counterplay available. > > There is no counterplay for shields in the game as it stands. Supports aren&#x27;t even forced to use their Shields re-actively because their Cooldown more-or-less matches the Shield&#x27;s Duration. It also means teams can&#x27;t wait out the shield. > > You cut down the shield duration to 1-2 seconds and suddenly Kog&#x27;maw is a Minigun instead of a Minigun attached to a fucking M1 Abrams. {{champion:13}} (root), {{champion:90}} ult (suppression), {{champion:4}} (gold card - stun), {{champion:117}} (polymorph.) All these champs say hi.
Ratpie (NA)
: What about mage junglers? oof....
> [{quoted}](name=Ratpie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ttjnLI6l,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-28T19:53:33.229+0000) > > What about mage junglers? oof.... My jungle mains being {{champion:76}} and {{champion:60}}. Now I literally only play Nidalee. (Though I'm lucky Nidalee will not be that affected by these changes. :D She is safe, for now. Though still not amazing.)
: Makes sense, considering the monkeys on my team always love to have 0 tank team comps.
: Minor grammar issue; incorrect preposition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmVnr7rsWrE
: blue buff resetting [gameplay]
Happened with me. Maybe it's all knock ups? Did Janna Q it? It just happened to me when a bot lane with Rakan support leashed it.
Rioter Comments
Azadethe (NA)
: I'm confused what you're talking about. Manaflow Band = no mana problems the rest of the game. I never once even have to recall on {{champion:516}} with Manaflow Band..... his W times perfectly with Manaflow's recharge.... and once you have it charged, he no longer runs out of mana.... and he's more mana consuming than any mage I play.... I see what you're talking about. Higher regen, base mana, but less mana scaling per level. Personally as a support, I generally find mana regen is more powerful anyways, since on supports .4 mana regen added translates into about 1.2 by itself. You're losing about 335 mana overall at level 18 on most of these champ changes, so that's important, but you have more of it earlier, and your regen rate is higher (ofc you're losing some on Doran's or a support item, so that's iffy..... new regen will mosty be useful on {{item:3504}} {{item:3174}} {{item:3107}} {{item:3222}} boosts) With {{item:3003}} changes they DO need to change its costs. It's easily worth 300 less gold.
: This mana change shoud not apply only to mages.
{{champion:238}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:157}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Banbutsu Sozo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XJQ31OJx,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-04-18T01:25:49.206+0000) > > You mean this? {{item:3165}} > > Have you played the game recently? > > xP Are you daft or something That item is not this https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/726420442609795073/3GTY9wHP.jpg Its not the item we've had since S2 that's been the core 20% CDR item and choice for low spam mages for years You know, the item everyone bought That item you posted is a reworked version of Morello that only a handful of champions buy, like anyone who played on any patch before Morello was basically deleted as a mana option knows how significant it was to the game's pacing
Oh wow. I completely misread your post by skim reading it. I thought you referenced morellos for mana and I'm like "that Morellonomicon doesn't exist anymore." I have no idea how I interpreted it like that. I completely agree with you. Sorry about that. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: im sorry but I'm willing to sacrifice every single ap support if it gets brand out of bot lane
Just play Sivir. xD {{champion:15}} (I always (metaphorically (ofc)) leap in joy when an enemy picks Brand, cause the only ADC I really play is Sivir and you can just spellshield and bait like fuck. <3 <33)
: You act like they are trying to fully gut mages. From what I read, they basically buffed mana regen and mana pool of the mages being affected by the change. Also gave it D-shields bonus 5 dmg to minions, which i'd rejoice if I was a mage player who suffers from missing last hits and tries to spam spells to get the last hits. At least they haven't attempted to nerf aniva's godlike late game ult. They are trying to open more options for early game starting items. I recall certain mid champs on that list had common starting items of Seal+Refillable and suffered due to their mana regen and the lack of a D-ring. This change makes it so they dont have to be tied buying it on second back. I honestly welcome the change. And i'm pretty sure they said they would look at ADs in the midseason. Also tabis just need a new effect instead of this % reduction against autos so it's an easier item to balance and let assassins who need autos laced in for damage to be alright. (I.E Talon, Zed, S-Kayn, etc.)
How are they going to open up options for early game starting items by doing this? It will pigeonhole all AP casters into buying {{item:1056}} instead of sorting out their autoattacks as a base line / foundation buff, then balancing henceforth. My point is that I believe the good Csing / fixing shouldn't be tied with one starting item ({{item:1056}}) (do you ever get mages mid typically starting {{item:1054}}? Sorry if I'm wrong.)
: Honestly you can't just remove the most universal mana option (Morello), nerf all of the other mana options, and then nerf every mage's mana all in a couple patches like this. Mages are going to struggle dramatically and those that don't are going to be a select few that are really mana efficient or were overtuned anyway and those were probably the mages that should've been targeted in the first place. I guess this is going to come along with adc nerfs right after so mages and adcs shouldn't be too far from each other in power, but they're acting like manaless casters, assassins, and fighters won't be able to compete with mages that aren't already efficient lane bullies. The meta is going to flip on their head and they're digging themselves quite a hole to solve the issue of some mages having an absurd mana pool. The reason mana issues being solved with one component was ok for years is that you'd invest 700-820 gold on something that only gives mana wheras your lane opponent can spend that amount and more on AD/AP and get direct combat power. If you're mana dependant by nature you're already behind on the power curve of items due to your dependancy and Archangel's Staff exists as late game compensation for spam mages that need it. Forcing everyone to buy Archangel's then making it suck is just going to convince people to switch champions or demand buffs.
You mean this? {{item:3165}} Have you played the game recently? xP
: Another nerf hits mages/enchanters directly by nerfing them and indirectly by nerfing their items
I hate that I'll be forced to buy {{item:1056}} to cs well, now. Way to pigeonhole itemisation on mages. Mage autoattacks are already (usually) terrible. Still can't CS under turret like how it should be. Edit: Sorry, what do ADCs get? {{item:1055}} {{item:1054}} ( {{item:1083}} ) What does top lane get? {{item:1055}} {{item:1054}} {{item:2033}} {{item:1056}}
Kaioko (NA)
: I know right!? Don't you hate those players who try to go out of meta in ranked and then end up doing terribly which costs you LP?! It's almost like trying to go Lulu mid and playing her as an ADC only to end up going 0/6 vs the Jayce. Honestly, it's rather hard for me to take you seriously complaining about others when you do the same damn thing. Especially since you're lucky enough to have supports that are actually building correctly most of the time while being a Silver V. I would've killed for that when I was at that ELO.
> [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7yTsNgOE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-17T22:03:57.862+0000) > > I know right!? Don&#x27;t you hate those players who try to go out of meta in ranked and then end up doing terribly which costs you LP?! It&#x27;s almost like trying to go Lulu mid and playing her as an ADC only to end up going 0/6 vs the Jayce. > > Honestly, it&#x27;s rather hard for me to take you seriously complaining about others when you do the same damn thing. Especially since you&#x27;re lucky enough to have supports that are actually building correctly most of the time while being a Silver V. I would&#x27;ve killed for that when I was at that ELO. tl;dr: I don't know match-up; I underestimated the Jayce. I also itemised wrongly. + I had to use my entire kit on a Lee Sin jungle failed tower dive, so I was down summoner spells and Jayce was not. I regretted that pick as soon as I done it. I was duoing with someone and he convinced me to pick it and in the moment I did. And I also played pretty terrible against him; I've played against a Jayce about twice in the last 6 months, and I have only laned against him one of those times. And the reason we lost was because I initially underestimated his all-in potential + electrocute proc, plus I itemised wrongly against him. I also had to blow my entire kit on the Lee Sin jungle becasue he attempted to tower dive Jayce, so I was down summoner spells to save a teammate, whereas the Jayce still had his flash and ignite. He also snowballed. The pick wasn't a bad pick; I just played that badly (the reasons above.) I was playing her on-hit but I should have itemised differently, especially when I was behind. I didn't try to grief a teammate though, or build Doran's ring on a mage support or flame the shit out of a teammate using flawed logic, so how did I do the exact same thing? I know I'm not good at the game. Despite snowballing like crazy some games, I have the opposite as well; games where lose early and get snowballed on. No need to be a shit about it. I think there is a difference between being bad and griefing or flaming a teammate. I'm the first many times, but I don't go out of my way to try make the game even more miserable for other people (I know screwing it up for my teammates will likely make them miserable, and I'm sorry about that; I didn't want or mean for that to happen, but I don't intentially try make that worse.) Edit: Also, how were they itemising correctly? Which games are you referring to there?
: The only way to carry is if those on your team aren't deadbolted to the floor
> [{quoted}](name=ShroomsAndSpells,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jWO6XB3a,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-17T17:37:47.616+0000) > I can&amp;#039;t carry dumbass supports that insist on building {{item:3117}} into the ADs they fed. This one gets many every time, pisses me off so much. "Let's rush this roaming item despite needing some defensive stats."
Show more

Banbutsu Sozo

Level 174 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion