: Lore Power Levels Revised: The Magus Tier
Since bringing threads back from the dead is akin to spamming and against the rules, I'm going to have to go ahead and lock this one by sending it into the realm of darkness for voidlings to feast upon. If you'd like to discuss this topic, I recommend creating a new thread and presenting your points there! 🔒 If you have any questions or concerns about this action, please visit us in the Moderation Discord [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification).
: Wondering about my 10 game chat restriction
> Not a fan of losing my Honor 4 that I worked hard for and season rewards because of some deal made between someone on my team that was a douche to me all game If someone is abusing you via chat, mute them and report them afterwards. Don't engage in a war of circular flaming and scream at each other back and forth. Two wrongs don't make a right. To be honest, a chat log of this caliber wouldn't necessarily warrant a chat restriction. It could be that you've been using this behavioural pattern (minor toxicity) throughout an extended period of time, which has ultimately amounted to the current penalty.
: Karma mains asked for a gameplay update. We did not ask for number buffs.
Still waiting for her pointless passive to get merged with her R... Maybe one day...
darkdill (NA)
: Aww, no interaction between Swain and Kled...
Since bringing threads back from the dead is akin to spamming and against the rules, I'm going to have to go ahead and lock this one by sending it into the realm of darkness for voidlings to feast upon. If you'd like to discuss this topic, I recommend creating a new thread and presenting your points there! 🔒 If you have any questions or concerns about this action, please visit us in the Moderation Discord [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification).
: So, Riot.....about that Silver Kayle...
Since bringing threads back from the dead is akin to spamming and against the rules, I'm going to have to go ahead and lock this one by sending it into the realm of darkness for voidlings to feast upon. If you'd like to discuss this topic, I recommend creating a new thread and presenting your points there! 🔒 If you have any questions or concerns about this action, please visit us in the Moderation Discord [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification).
DatLegend27 (EUNE)
: Top 10 Strongest Champions (According To Lore)
Since bringing threads back from the dead is akin to spamming and against the rules, I'm going to have to go ahead and lock this one by sending it into the realm of darkness for voidlings to feast upon. If you'd like to discuss this topic, I recommend creating a new thread and presenting your points there! 🔒 If you have any questions or concerns about this action, please visit us in the Moderation Discord [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification).
: How exactly did Swain conquer the demon of secrets?
Since bringing threads back from the dead is akin to spamming and against the rules, I'm going to have to go ahead and lock this one by sending it into the realm of darkness for voidlings to feast upon. If you'd like to discuss this topic, I recommend creating a new thread and presenting your points there! 🔒 If you have any questions or concerns about this action, please visit us in the Moderation Discord [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification).
Tecniqe (NA)
: Permanently Banned for what?
Currently, there are no bans being issued to players who prematurely leave games. Instead, there's a low priority queue that forces you to wait extra couple of minutes before you can queue up for a game. Are you sure that the ban has any relevance to you being AFK in one game? What does the report card say?
: When mods get their mod card
Oh I love this XD {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} I shall treasure this GIF with my life
: chatbanned for this?
Aggravating other players and constantly attacking and blaming them is something that can warrant a strike, yes. It classifies as toxic behaviour. Usually, a chat log like this _wouldn't_ necessarily net a chat restriction on its own (especially if we're talking about a clean account), so I'm assuming this is the kind of behaviour you've been exhibiting throughout an extended period of time.
SStick (EUNE)
: Penalization in 2019
> I am afraid to type a single word just because this system can be abused and multiple players can report me for no good reason. The system cannot be abused, as it doesn't care about the number of reports received. One report is all it takes to instigate an investigation. If the system finds you guilty, it will punish you accordingly, regardless of how many players reported you in a game (as long as it's >0).
: Cocoon From Pokemon you didn't even bother reading OPs argument you are just throwing shit at him and reasoning for riots side Cocoon : pupal casing made by moth caterpillars Raccoon and coon are interchangeable for : an animal His nicknames Icecoon and Firecoon as he stated are derived from long time ago from The Cocoon word and name of a Pokemon and Coon alone regardless of it's meaning as a slur defined by some noname in an unknown time period does not give it weight over the real meaning of the word established for over hundreds of years get over your sjw high horse and stop trying to find offense where there is none because that precisely makes you the one being offensive
I'm with you on this one. Seems like an exaggeration to be honest.
man of tin (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=L4EGfdsv,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-04-11T14:13:37.571+0000) > > You've made me like Morde. I hate you. B-but who doesn't like Morde?
https://t4.rbxcdn.com/7ddae6830a1ed6d86b697d3a38609aa0
: Just some Morde I've been drawing recently
You've made me like Morde. I hate you. > ### *But seriously though, that's a really nice drawing!*
: Popular opinion: don’t play league if you’re not in the mood for league
: Does Riot ban inters?
Yes, they do. It's just that handling such cases can get tough, as we're talking about game related offenses, which are generally much harder to accurately detect and punish. Also, in the future, refrain from naming and shaming other players on the Boards because this is not the right place for that.
: i basically inted my last 2 games
It's not about the KDA, but the intent. If you were intentionally trying to sabotage those games, then you could potentially get targeted by the system. Having a bad score is not against the rules, so you don't have to worry about a thing (as long as your intent was to win the games)! {{sticker:sg-ezreal}}
Farmer (NA)
: Honor reset and checkpoints
Regaining your honour is a tedious process, so it might take a while before you reach higher honour standings. > i'm doing good just muting everyone at the start of every game Allegedly, you can get a small boost to your honour just by being nice and displaying positive behavioural patterns. It expedites the process ever so slightly. That's why I recommend utilizing the chat and leaning towards the more positive side, rather than being neutral (muting and not talking). > wondering why is there no progress bar for honor Among many reasons, the most prominent one pertains to preventing people from grinding honour, which would completely defeat the purpose of being an honourable player.
: Sona's Ultimate with Tritanomaly
I wish League had more options that could facilitate the experience for people with health problems. In addition to some visual assistance, it would be really nice to introduce certain notifiers for globally announcing ultimates, such as Sion's (for people with hearing difficulties). They would be a very helpful addition to the game for many players. As others have already pointed out, the best thing you can do at the moment is enable indicators :/
: >Example: "You are stupid" - actionable "All people are stupid" - not so much But the thread he talks about isn't saying "all ppl are stupid", is calling monkeys a specific part of the playerbase, in this case Riven mains. What, I'm allowed to say that all supp mains are monkeys for example ? It's okay to insult if you only target a part of the playerbase ?
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2019-03-03T15:13:07.270+0000) > > But the thread he talks about isn't saying "all ppl are stupid", is calling monkeys a specific part of the playerbase, in this case Riven mains. The same principle applies. Mind you that the author of this thread is also withholding the truth. What they said in that thread differs from what is presented here. Their words were actually much more insolent. > > What, I'm allowed to say that all supp mains are monkeys for example ? The thing is, you just have to know your boundaries. Saying "all supp mains are monkeys" wouldn't necessarily warrant a strike, **but that doesn't mean it's encouraged**.
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-03-03T14:45:12.620+0000) > > There's a difference. One is direct (personal) and the other isn't. > > Example: "You are stupid" - actionable > "All people are stupid" - not so much > > However, I would err on the side of caution, cause calling the mods monkeys multiple times in the same thread is just provocation at this point. I've had posts removed as being disrespectful simply because the mod doesn't like them or me. It's happened with at least 2 moderators so far.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-03-03T15:02:23.887+0000) > > I've had posts removed as being disrespectful simply because the mod doesn't like them or me. > > It's happened with at least 2 moderators so far. That is not common practice and is strictly forbidden. If a moderator were to do that, they would soon be caught red-handed and met with disciplinary measures.
Corvin0716 (EUNE)
: [Removed by Moderation] Moderators
There's a difference. One is direct (personal) and the other isn't. Example: "You are stupid" - actionable "All people are stupid" - not so much However, I would err on the side of caution, cause calling the mods monkeys multiple times in the same thread is just provocation at this point.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Yes, and it should work like "unskilled" did before they removed it.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TtL6zOA1,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-27T20:45:58.741+0000) > > Yes, and it should work like "unskilled" did before they removed it. So... it shouldn't work at all? Those were placebo reports, they didn't do anything.
: [0.4] Boards Enhancement Kit - May 7
May I get this one :3? https://i.imgur.com/xxSs1bH.jpg
: Illaoi’s ult is horrid (and ways to fix that)
> So a simple solution to this that still maintains the opportunity to stop her biggest power spike in a team fight is this: give her a decaying shield scaling with her bonus health upon landing her ultimate. I would be fine with her gaining damage reduction based on the number of tentacles nearby. That would be really useful in giant teamfights and actually reward you for using your ultimate correctly, while removing the threat of being literally obliterated from the game before even using your W once post-ult. Maybe make it a steadfast passive, or just an ult thingy.
: > [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xzkLF98V,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:51:31.490+0000) > > The Tribunal was severely ineffective at what it was supposed to do. Being extremely slow was one of its major flaws, which is why the new, more advanced system was introduced (aka The Instant Feedback). It boasts high speed, lofty reform rates and great accuracy. > > It works by targeting **severity** and **consistency**. It most certainly does not care about the number of reports received in one game, as one report is enough for the IFS to being scouring a user. > > But why? Why do you think that's how the system works? It makes no sense. You cannot get punished for not breaking the rules. Having a bad game doesn't mean you're eligible for a strike. And again, it doesn't matter if 1 person or 9 people report you, the outcome is the same. > > None of the things you mentioned can be taken as cogent evidence. I've debunked all of your suppositions and urge you to take some time to get familiar with how the system actually works. I don't want you to hate Riot for something they're clearly not doing. What in the world happened here? This doesn't sound like the same worldview as the other posts from this account in this thread. Were you arguing with yourself and forgot which personality to use?
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Gravity,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xzkLF98V,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T10:36:00.942+0000) > > What in the world happened here? > This doesn't sound like the same worldview as the other posts from this account in this thread. Were you arguing with yourself and forgot which personality to use? It was my fault. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/juybgGga-riot-is-sensitive?comment=00020000000000000000000000000000 {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
MirrorU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T09:48:05.622+0000) > > But that's the thing - opinions are not facts. A lot of those people aren't really familiar with how the system even works and only make things up. They are driven by their emotions, not logic, and often resort to ad hominem arguing. > > On another note, if you think your punishment was unjust, you are more than welcome to file a support ticket and ask for another review. There you can talk to a Riot employee and get a better understanding of what happened. In this instance emotions are exactly what should be the driving force. You're asking logic to dictate an emotionally charged situation. That's the definition of an unreasonable request. I've been talking to riot yesterday and today, they don't give a shit, they consider themselves in the right. As always. Why? Because they're a trash company that has no intention of fixing everything that's wrong with this game.
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T15:32:13.669+0000) > > In this instance emotions are exactly what should be the driving force. You're asking logic to dictate an emotionally charged situation. Self-control is paramount in such situations. You can't allow emotions to get the better of you. It's perfectly normal to be driven by emotions sometimes, but there is a line as to when it becomes unhealthy and detrimental.
MirrorU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T09:16:26.823+0000) > > Using profanity and severe toxicity isn't the only way to get a strike, that's what I'm trying to convey. Multiple minor violations can amount to a restriction as well, which is what happened in your case. > > I know it can get extremely frustrating when you're stuck in a game with someone who isn't even trying to win the game. However, you have to understand that lashing out at them is not the right thing to do. If they're griefing and abusing you in chat, mute them and report them in the post-game screen and let the system take care of them. Don't act as a vigilante, because that's not how you should be approaching these things. Most of the time I try to do that, but there's a limit to how many assholes in a row we can deal with. The point of a punishment is meant to change a pattern of behavior that was bad. And no matter how you put it, this punishment doesn't work, because they have it set to snowflake mode where it autopunishes you for anything that's even remotely combative. This system is fucked. And what's truly sad is while there are many people who claim that it works look at the forums, It doesn't work. This whole forum is filled with people that think this system is absolute shit. BECAUSE IT IS!!!
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T09:35:23.801+0000) > > This whole forum is filled with people that think this system is absolute shit. BECAUSE IT IS!!! But that's the thing - opinions are not facts. A lot of those people aren't really familiar with how the system even works and only make things up. They are driven by their emotions, not logic, and often resort to ad hominem arguing. On another note, if you think your punishment was unjust, you are more than welcome to file a support ticket and ask for another review. There you can talk to a Riot employee and get a better understanding of what happened.
MirrorU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T08:44:02.506+0000) > > Yes, they do. It's called negative behaviour. As I said, that alone wouldn't warrant a chat restriction, but piling up reports for the same thing is something different. > > Just because something is true doesn't mean it cannot be abusive. If you see someone on the street who is overweight and you run up to them and insult the way they look, that's harassment. While it may be true, it doesn't mean it's okay to say something like that. > > No one is asking you to act like a robot. Just don't attack other people or be negative, that's all. > > Not necessarily. That chat log simply triggered the chat restriction. > > **P.S. There was a mixup in one of your [previous comments](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/xzkLF98V-you-never-think-youll-get-banned-until-you-do?comment=0000000000000000000000000000) (on another thread). Instead of replying to it, I ended up editing it with my response and I am deeply sorry about that. It was an accident and I take full responsibility for it. Could you please remove it and post it again or edit it out, so we could continue our discussion over there? It looks a bit weird now, but the majority of your content should be saved within the quotation boxes. My apologies! ** > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Even the MOD stop trying to quantify my chat restriction as justified, because it isn't justified. Look at it on it's face, I wasn't telling someone to fuck off, or kill themselves, I told him to stop trolling and feeding, and if you had seen the entire chat log you would know that. And yes I said shit to him out of anger but IT WAS JUSTIFIED! He fed none stop, he was trolling, he built not 1 single item right and on top of all that he was blaming everyone on the team for him feeding when he was feeding and by the way he had double the deaths which is why we lost. Yes that is 100% a justified reaction if you're human. If you're a robot than you're expected to let it go, which not how humans function, especially in a highly charged direct conflict environment like oh... lets say a PVP GAME!
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T09:10:22.104+0000) > > I wasn't telling someone to fuck off, or kill themselves, I told him to stop trolling and feeding, and if you had seen the entire chat log you would know that. Using profanity and severe toxicity isn't the only way to get a strike, that's what I'm trying to convey. Multiple minor violations can amount to a restriction as well, which is what happened in your case. > And yes I said shit to him out of anger but IT WAS JUSTIFIED! He fed none stop, he was trolling, he built not 1 single item right and on top of all that he was blaming everyone on the team for him feeding when he was feeding and by the way he had double the deaths which is why we lost. Yes that is 100% a justified reaction if you're human. I know it can get extremely frustrating when you're stuck in a game with someone who isn't even trying to win the game. However, you have to understand that lashing out at them is not the right thing to do. If they're griefing and abusing you in chat, mute them and report them in the post-game screen and let the system take care of them. Don't act as a vigilante, because that's not how you should be approaching these things.
MirrorU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:54:29.259+0000) > > This has nothing to do with your messages not being constructive (even though they're not constructive at all). If you take a closer look, it becomes clear that you kept harassing your teammate on multiple occasions. This is against the rules and can warrant a strike. This alone, however, wouldn't necessarily trigger anything. If you got punished for this, I can only assume that this is the kind of behaviour you keep displaying in the majority of your games. > > That's because what other people said plays no role in your case. We're discussing your chat logs, not someone else's. None of those qualify as toxic. Not in the least. And let me remind you that being pissed off is not toxic, even expressing it is not toxic. Harassment would be me stating any part of that if it were untrue, but it wasn't untrue. And as I told the MOD on the other thread if you want us to act like fucking robots than you have no reason to keep chat in this game. It's used exactly 1% of the time for actual meaning communication and 99% of the time to vent being pissed off. And if they were really serious about it they would remove chat and just leave pings and voice chat, or use premade phrases. However they aren't going to do that because if they do people won't be getting banned left and right and they can't sweep it under the rug like they're doing right now. Oh and as far as "this is the kind of behavior you have been displaying before". If that were the case they would have given me more than 1 game log on the restriction, they didn't.
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:59:52.775+0000) > > None of those qualify as toxic. Not in the least. And let me remind you that being pissed off is not toxic, even expressing it is not toxic. Yes, they do. It's called negative behaviour. As I said, that alone wouldn't warrant a chat restriction, but piling up reports for the same thing is something different. > Harassment would be me stating any part of that if it were untrue, but it wasn't untrue. Just because something is true doesn't mean it cannot be abusive. If you see someone on the street who is overweight and you run up to them and insult the way they look, that's harassment. While it may be true, it doesn't mean it's okay to say something like that. > And as I told the MOD on the other thread if you want us to act like fucking robots than you have no reason to keep chat in this game. No one is asking you to act like a robot. Just don't attack other people or be negative, that's all. > Oh and as far as "this is the kind of behavior you have been displaying before". If that were the case they would have given me more than 1 game log on the restriction, they didn't. Not necessarily. That chat log simply triggered the chat restriction. **P.S. There was a mixup in one of your [previous comments](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/xzkLF98V-you-never-think-youll-get-banned-until-you-do?comment=0000000000000000000000000000) (on another thread). Instead of replying to it, I ended up editing it with my response and I am deeply sorry about that. It was an accident and I take full responsibility for it. Could you please remove it and post it again or edit it out, so we could continue our discussion over there? It looks a bit weird now, but the majority of your content should be saved within the quotation boxes. My apologies! ** {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
MirrorU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:39:53.749+0000) > > May we take a look at those chat logs? "Not being constructive" is quite vague, so I cannot really say much without you providing some insight into what actually happened. > > Getting angry at someone is normal and what makes us human. Having negative thoughts is not against the rules. Acting on them, however, is not something that's allowed. Game 1 In-Game MirrorU: this game has been brought to you by renglar jeans, the official jeans of the jg MirrorU: xayah ward this bush MirrorU: ty MirrorU: he did MirrorU: mess with the bull and u get horny MirrorU: sure wish we had a top MirrorU: wow dude never play darius again MirrorU: i dont know who taught u how to build darius but thats literally not even 1 item right MirrorU: go /uninstall plz MirrorU: plz report darius inting, refusing to play with team, trolling MirrorU: yup keep trolling, all the better for the report MirrorU: u would be, u were playing against a 0 point darius who doesnt know how to build MirrorU: see what i mean, hes straight up inting MirrorU: dude ur jinx u dont take much to kill MirrorU: yes MirrorU: u asked MirrorU: not toxic at all, u fed and trolled ur getting reported for feeding and trolling MirrorU: hey you have double the deaths of anyone else on this team, nj MirrorU: 6 is high? MirrorU: they had to contend with it being 4v6 all game so of course they're gonna start losing to that Post-Game MirrorU: high death bb MirrorU: accept ur ban bb MirrorU: u would know MirrorU: ur gonna be spending a lot of time there These are the "full" chat logs, and I say full because it's as full as I can give you since riot feels no need to release the full conversation ever.
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:43:04.798+0000) > > ###*Problematic Lines [](https://.) MirrorU: sure wish we had a top [](https://.) MirrorU: wow dude never play darius again [](https://.) MirrorU: go /uninstall plz [](https://.) MirrorU: plz report darius inting, refusing to play with team, trolling [](https://.) MirrorU: yup keep trolling, all the better for the report [](https://.) MirrorU: u would be, u were playing against a 0 point darius who doesnt know how to build [](https://.) MirrorU: hey you have double the deaths of anyone else on this team, nj [](https://.) MirrorU: high death bb [](https://.) MirrorU: accept ur ban bb* This has nothing to do with your messages not being constructive (even though they're not constructive at all). If you take a closer look, it becomes clear that you kept harassing your teammate on multiple occasions. This is against the rules and can warrant a strike. This alone, however, wouldn't necessarily trigger anything. If you got punished for this, I can only assume that this is the kind of behaviour you keep displaying in the majority of your games. > These are the "full" chat logs, and I say full because it's as full as I can give you since riot feels no need to release the full conversation ever. That's because what other people said plays no role in your case. We're discussing your chat logs, not someone else's.
MirrorU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xzkLF98V,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:27:13.033+0000) > > That's fine and all, buy implying that Riot are forcing you to purchase their content is nothing short of fallacious. I didn't imply that they "force you to" purchase content. I said that they're setting up the conditions under which you have to do it again if you want the same things you already had, because once you've bought them they can't sell them to you again. Hence they won't be able to make money off of you on your main account anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xzkLF98V,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:33:15.063+0000) > > I didn't imply that they "force you to" purchase content. I said that they're setting up the conditions under which you have to do it again if you want the same things you already had But Riot aren't at fault for someone having their account terminated. Every player is responsible for what happens on their account. > Hence they won't be able to make money off of you on your main account anymore. If someone gets permanently banned, Riot aren't doing that to make them come back and have them spend more money on their content. A permanent suspension means you're no longer welcome in League of Legends.
MirrorU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:23:42.435+0000) > > Except that "nothing" is more often than not toxic behaviour that banned users like to glance over and disregard as nothing serious. You know it's funny you should say that because I'm at this very moment having a debate with a moderator on another thread where I showed him my logs, his response was not that they were toxic but that they were "not constructive". And as a result I guess that warrants a punishment, because even though they claim we can act like people apparently we can't. We have to act like robots without emotion. In his words "you can be angry at an opponent trolling or feeding just don't write it in chat, scream if you have to, just write nothing". Sound real reasonable right?
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:27:28.921+0000) > > You know it's funny you should say that because I'm at this very moment having a debate with a moderator on another thread where I showed him my logs, his response was not that they were toxic but that they were "not constructive". And as a result I guess that warrants a punishment May we take a look at those chat logs? "Not being constructive" is quite vague, so I cannot really say much without you providing some insight into what actually happened. > because even though they claim we can act like people apparently we can't. We have to act like robots without emotion. In his words "you can be angry at an opponent trolling or feeding just don't write it in chat, scream if you have to, just write nothing". Sound real reasonable right? Getting angry at someone is normal and what makes us human. Having negative thoughts is not against the rules. Acting on them, however, is not something that's allowed.
MirrorU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xzkLF98V,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:20:01.715+0000) > > They're not forcing anyone to buy anything. Buying skins is an arbitrary choice. Yes it is, which is why I haven't bought one since my first banned account, and never will again. I vote with my wallet. And in this case my wallet tells riot to fk off.
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xzkLF98V,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:22:39.858+0000) > > Yes it is, which is why I haven't bought one since my first banned account, and never will again. I vote with my wallet. And in this case my wallet tells riot to fk off. That's fine and all, buy implying that Riot are forcing you to purchase their content is nothing short of fallacious.
MirrorU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheLegendaddy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-24T06:34:25.546+0000) > > Make a post insulting riot, get banned immediately. > > Deal with toxic pricks in game after game. Nothing happens. > > Riot can’t handle the toxicity themselves. > > Riot is reactive, not proactive. Give us more control over our interactions online. Quit being so goddamn amateur. You are correct, they are in fact banning people over anything at all. And when you bring it up they act like they're doing it for the "good of the community". Which is complete bullshit, since the entire community has been telling them for years that they want them to stop banning people over nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juybgGga,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-24T06:55:03.933+0000) > Which is complete bullshit, since the entire community has been telling them for years that they want them to stop banning people over nothing. Except that "nothing" is more often than not toxic behaviour that banned users like to glance over and disregard as nothing serious.
MirrorU (NA)
: You get banned no matter how hateful or none hateful your words are. Why? Because riot cant make money off of you if you bought a bunch of their skins and are still on the same account. They can however make money off of you if they ban your account and create the conditions to have to buy new ones. So here's my advice DON'T SPEND 1 DIME ON THIS TRASH COMPANY.
> [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xzkLF98V,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:15:25.408+0000) > > They can however make money off of you if they ban your account and force you to have to buy new ones. So here's my advice DON'T SPEND 1 DIME ON THIS TRASH COMPANY. They're not forcing anyone to buy anything. Buying skins is an arbitrary choice.
emeIia (EUW)
: banned for saying "kys" once.
It's because telling someone to kill themselves is wrong on multiple levels and frowned upon in this community. Due to its severity, It results in an escalated punishment (instant 14-day account suspension). There are many ways to express your objections and disapproval; telling someone to end their life isn't one of them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=G7sRElX3,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T01:49:02.672+0000) > > Any word that is automatically censored with % symbols is considered hate speech. f%%%
> [{quoted}](name=Toxicate13,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=G7sRElX3,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T02:02:25.937+0000) > > f%%% That wasn't automatic though ;P!
: How ?
> [{quoted}](name=Raining In NYC,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zmAgMr0o,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T13:00:27.469+0000) > > How ? Because buying accounts is prohibited and ends up in immediate account termination upon detection.
: GOT PERMABANNED AFTER 1 DISCUSSION WITH THE TEAM
> 1 discussion and i got permabanned already LOL ! You don't get permanently suspended because of that. In order to get permanently suspended, you have to keep exhibiting negative behavioural patterns throughout an extended period of time, without showing much or any effort to reform. I'm assuming your account has been through all three punishment stages (or just the 14-day one), which renders this punishment completely justified (due to your negativity and toxic behaviour). Even the smallest mistake after your 14-day account suspension is enough to end up in a permanent suspension. It even says so in their reform card (something along the lines of this being your final warning).
: Chat Restriction...for what?
> It really frustrates me when I get punished for actually doing the right things Acting as a vigilante isn't the right thing to do. If someone is being toxic in chat, mute them and report them in the post-game screen. Don't play into their games and stir up even more drama. > You're gunna call me negative while this guy is falsely reporting players for doing nothing wrong? If you're both doing the _same _ thing, then yes. Judging by your chat log, it seems like you were also spreading negative attitude and toxicity. Besides, false reports have no value. You cannot get punished for not breaking the rules, regardless of someone reporting you. > I've sent this to the Riot Support page and all I got was a Blitzcrank Bot which wasn't even helpful You can request further assistance if you're not satisfied with the answer.
: There are two types of toxic people and this one is worse IMO:
It doesn't matter which one is worse. They're both detrimental to your match in their own way.
: Manual reviews of every single chat related report aren't possible. There are way too many games being played at any given moment for Riot to install something like that. On top of that, their current IFS system, which is in charge of dealing with these topics, boasts high speed, lofty reform rates and outstanding accuracy. Well in the event that a permanent ban would be issued a human touch should be involved otherwise what is the point in attempting to reform. How many people own multiple accounts yet perform the same way and never learn their lesson? This is one reason i feel toxicity prevails and those who stand against it will end up eating crow in the long run as the cycle will go full circle eventually as the players get older and new crowds come in, solo players be damned.
> [{quoted}](name=silverreign,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BILqcly8,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-04T02:45:34.752+0000) > Well in the event that a permanent ban would be issued a human touch should be involved otherwise what is the point in attempting to reform. How many people own multiple accounts yet perform the same way and never learn their lesson? When Riot permanently suspend your account, they aren't aiming to reform you, they're simply telling you that they don't want you playing their game anymore. The reforming process is comprised of the first three punishment tiers. Of course, some people learn from their mistakes and actually reform after being hit by a permanent suspension, and that's great. However, a lot of them tend to just create new accounts (and there's nothing Riot can do to prevent that) and do the exact same thing over and over again.
: Perma Ban
> Well league it was fun but generation snowflake seems to think its good to antagonize other players and then _*~~when you defend yourself~~*_ they cry out report and then have _*~~their duo partner also report~~*_. As long as you're not retaliating, you won't get punished for defending yourself. Mind you that defending yourself means muting the source of toxicity, not responding to it. Also, multiple reports have the exact same effect as only one report. More change nothing, which is why premade reports, for example, don't matter at all and won't increase the likelihood of someone getting punished. ----- > By the way when you only provide chat logs for what you say it is easy to pull things out of context and i was wondering if you ever even bother to check the chat logs of those who actually do the reporting What other people did is, essentially, irrelevant, because we're discussing **your** behaviour here. If someone else broke the rules, they will have their own case to worry about, but **you** are responsible for what **you** type in chat. It doesn't matter who starts a flame war, but who participates in it. ----- >Maybe in the future to keep things fair and unbias actually read into reports instead of use bots Manual reviews of every single chat related report aren't possible. There are way too many games being played at any given moment for Riot to install something like that. On top of that, their current IFS system, which is in charge of dealing with these topics, boasts high speed, lofty reform rates and outstanding accuracy. ------ > Time and money invested should also be considered prior to permanently banning an account No, it shouldn't, because spending money doesn't unlock any extra privileges. Same goes for the amount of time you spent playing this game. It would make no sense if we were able to use those as a shield against the rules.
Syrile (NA)
: The Magic Mute Button
Just because there's an option to mute players, doesn't mean it's okay to break the rules. The mute button shouldn't serve as an excuse to badmouth and insult other people.
NekoMahou (EUW)
: Permabanned wrongly for 1 game ? (chat log included)
> I got 14 days of ban something like 3 months ago, I played a lot less 'cause I wanted to be less toxic Dropping a punishment tier takes a while, and is measured in games played, as opposed to time passed. In regards to your chat log, you were quite negative and abusive towards your team members, especially **Morgana ** and Janna, whom you spent the majority of your game irritating with report threats. While this isn't something that would trigger a permanent suspension out of the blue (but rather a chat restriction after repeating this kind of behaviour), it was negative enough to warrant one after your 14-day account suspension. Even the slightest amount of toxicity can get you permanently suspended during that period, which is what happened in your case.
Y3zi (NA)
: Does Riot ever try to fix trolls and int issues?
> They did not try to fix trolls There is no ultimate solution for this. You cannot weed them out completely. Best you can hope for is being able to keep them under control (to a certain extent). Battling gameplay related offences is an intricate and toilsome process, simply because of their nature and how they work. Manual reviews are borderline impossible, whereas creating a perfect automated system that has the power to differentiate trolling from having a bad game (**_*~~with high accuracy~~*_**) isn't an easily surmountable task. > or even come up with better reporting system The current systems in place could use improvements, yes, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily bad. I'll take the Instant Feedback system as an example. Its purpose is to battle toxicity and negative behaviour, and so far it's been doing a fantastic job of accurately and quickly dealing with such cases. On top of that, it boasts high reform rates, which is an amazing thing.
dabomb39 (NA)
: Toxic community
> yet you end up getting chat restricted for defending yourself More often than not, we aren't talking about someone defending themselves, but retaliating. People tend to conflate the two. Defending yourself means muting the source of toxicity, whereas fighting back and arguing is something completely different.
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=65ZEzWkU,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-03T13:50:17.306+0000) > > They don't always pop up, so it's **really** hard to use them as an indicator of someone **specific** getting punished. They're random and only appear under certain circumstances. Buddy if something appears under specific circumstances means it isnt random.... So u basically say i shouldnt know if the guy next to me is a thief....
> [{quoted}](name=ThyDelutionist,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=65ZEzWkU,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-03T13:52:45.404+0000) > > Buddy if something appears under specific circumstances means it isnt random.... So u basically say i shouldnt know if the guy next to me is a thief.... Even if those requirements are met, you're not guaranteed to get one. I guess they're here just to remind you that the system actually does work, without overdoing it and turning it into spam.
: > [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=65ZEzWkU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-03T13:36:08.834+0000) > > Knowing that information serves no purpose and shouldn't really interest you. Riot respect other people's privacy and I personally don't see a positive outcome to having everyone's punishments set to public. If anything, it would just encourage people to treat those who are undergoing some kind of punishment with less respect, ultimately labelling those who are actually trying to reform as "just another flamer, let's not even bother talking to them" (just an example). And why feedbacks exist?
> [{quoted}](name=ThyDelutionist,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=65ZEzWkU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-03T13:43:33.842+0000) > > And why feedbacks exist? They don't always pop up, so it's **really** hard to use them as an indicator of someone **specific** getting punished. They're random and only appear under certain circumstances.
Show more

Bianca Colt

Level 215 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion