: Unpopular Opinion: Riots last few patches have made this game more fun
: > [{quoted}](name=Blåbæret,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=za9qNF7R,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-02-14T02:07:28.691+0000) > > No idea why you're getting downvoted. > > We're all working our asses off daily. It's amazing how the majority of Americans think it's alright that some earn hundreds and thousands times more than others. Anyone with common sense knows the current economical model is both unfair and unsustainable. Unfair? Try starting your own business. Id love to see if you think you dont deserve recompense after years of getting it started.
> [{quoted}](name=NocturnalSheild,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=za9qNF7R,comment-id=000800000001,timestamp=2019-02-14T10:44:37.079+0000) > > Unfair? Try starting your own business. Id love to see if you think you dont deserve recompense after years of getting it started. I want to know how you came to posess such a distorted view of reality. The vast majority of rich people never started a business. These are facts, and they are widely known to economists and people who generally have done their research on this thematic. Google "unproductive or idle/passive wealth".
: You dont _have_ to dodge anything, but if you want to lose 50 LP instead of taking a chance as losing less than half that, go ahead.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p1pL0IAP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-12T22:00:05.297+0000) > > You dont _have_ to dodge anything, but if you want to lose 50 LP instead of taking a chance as losing less than half that, go ahead. Yeah, you actually HAVE to dodge. Riot refuses to do anything about the abundance of trolls in ranked. Why waste 30 minutes of your life playing with a person who has no intention of winning but would rather int and troll pick? Ranked rewards trolls and toxic players.
: The managerial class will always make their earnings at the expense of the real labor. It's the same with scientists. They do all the hard, grueling work to make a pittance while the administrators and deans make all the money or the executives at the corporations they work for.
> [{quoted}](name=Crescent Dusk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=za9qNF7R,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-02-13T18:14:49.568+0000) > > The managerial class will always make their earnings at the expense of the real labor. > > It's the same with scientists. They do all the hard, grueling work to make a pittance while the administrators and deans make all the money or the executives at the corporations they work for. No idea why you're getting downvoted. We're all working our asses off daily. It's amazing how the majority of Americans think it's alright that some earn hundreds and thousands times more than others. Anyone with common sense knows the current economical model is both unfair and unsustainable.
: "Yasuo is more broken than ever" I mean...you're right. Because he's actually strong for once. Then again, you're **completely fucking ignoring the upcoming nerf to him that Meddler already announced was coming with 9.4**.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZzKilyiV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-12T12:37:13.126+0000) > > "Yasuo is more broken than ever" > > I mean...you're right. Because he's actually strong for once. > > Then again, you're **completely fucking ignoring the upcoming nerf to him that Meddler already announced was coming with 9.4**. The champ shouldn't exist. He's inherently broken by design.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Taz the Kitsune,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZzKilyiV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-12T11:19:31.193+0000) > > Lol I m on Apex too but just because I literally can't play because of a bug I can't seem to fix... and no one seem to want to help me fix lol What's the bug?
Rioter Comments
Snowbrand (EUW)
: I hope... just rework her instead
> [{quoted}](name=Snowbrand,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m4hWWcRt,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-09T14:01:47.148+0000) > > I hope... just rework her instead This is the Truth.
: Oof, He's already my permaban. He's not op but he has the tools that make him extraordinarily difficult to deal with.
> [{quoted}](name=GodEmperorVeigar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mMhwEj7r,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-09T11:49:00.902+0000) > > Oof, He's already my permaban. He's not op but he has the tools that make him extraordinarily difficult to deal with. Lolwut, He's clearly OP.
hards (NA)
: Why are we ignoring vayne, brand, and miss fortune bot lane? They can easily beat him. Yeah he needs a nerf, but nerf miss fortune to the ground first please!
> [{quoted}](name=Aht3ns,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vbgZW6EJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-06T03:19:32.118+0000) > > Why are we ignoring vayne, brand, and miss fortune bot lane? They can easily beat him. Yeah he needs a nerf, but nerf miss fortune to the ground first please! How exactly does Vayne beat Draven?
Rioter Comments
Yets4240 (NA)
: preseason 6*
> [{quoted}](name=Yets4240,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EcUUx6Of,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-03T00:18:26.474+0000) > > preseason 6* Season 6 was when all the shit started, but we still got a decent season out of it. Now, S7 is when the game started becoming unplayable.
: I need to get my life back together
This game is toxic. Don't come back. GLHF bro.
: Pyke has grey health = to his entire HP bar at rank 1...
Honestly, Pyke is such cancer that I put him up there with {{champion:84}} and {{champion:157}}. Pyke is just bad design and a tumor to the game.
Rioter Comments
: IMO 9.2 made the game pacing so much better & was a good patch overall.
LOL "the defensive buffs are noticeable". Lmao, is this a joke, man? You still get oneshotted by everything. The patch did NOTHING and it actually destroyed the jungle, making duelist junglers even better. Now if you lose any of your camps or scuttle you'll be so far behind you can just FF15 because the game is 4v5 at this point. If you think this patch was good, you lack any basic understanding of the meta and how this game works. Sorry.
Rioter Comments
: I actually did. I'm going to stop checking these boards too. I gave Riot all of preseason till now to address this. There are reports their profits have dropped in half. If the constant complaining and loss of over a billion in revenue isn't a wake up call to them, nothing is.
> [{quoted}](name=sphinxthelion7,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Gcc13zX,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-01-28T17:23:43.496+0000) > > I actually did. I'm going to stop checking these boards too. I gave Riot all of preseason till now to address this. There are reports their profits have dropped in half. If the constant complaining and loss of over a billion in revenue isn't a wake up call to them, nothing is. Word bro.
: A good topic, many facts and figures to discuss backing up OP's claim, data overload, where start?
> [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xy6kq1ae,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-28T12:57:34.422+0000) > > A good topic, many facts and figures to discuss backing up OP's claim, data overload, where start? No idea what you're on about. Get some fresh air buddy.
: This damage is ridiculous
The damage is ridiculous and it destroys the tactical and skill-based elements of League. Zerg-like tactics are actually becoming viable and it makes the game braindead.
Rioter Comments
: your point ? Ornn mains get a 65% winrate while its overall winrate is 44% according to op.gg Veigar mains get a 64% winrate while its overall winrate is 47% according to op.gg 56% must be super good for people who've played her for 50+games :))))))
> [{quoted}](name=MTFN Azor ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4AaUf3Os,comment-id=000700010001,timestamp=2019-01-28T10:20:13.253+0000) > > your point ? > > Ornn mains get a 65% winrate while its overall winrate is 44% according to op.gg > > Veigar mains get a 64% winrate while its overall winrate is 47% according to op.gg > > 56% must be super good for people who've played her for 50+games :)))))) OP.gg? Lmao. That's the least credible site you could possibly pick. https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champions/
Rylalei (EUNE)
: LoL? General Shitco playerbase, depending on tracking site sits from 54% to 60% win rate, while mains have over 70%. Real trash right there buddy. Whatever narrative gets you to sleep at night.
https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champions/ She's in the middle of the pack. Actually at 58%, so 56% was wrong. But hey, good job cherry-picking broken Shaco, buddy. Lost all your credibility.
: then she'll need compensation buffs elsewhere, which no one wants either. truth is though, she's trash atm. and i fail to see what people will agree on concerning her aspects that should be buffed..
Lol? Mains are averaging 56% win rate which is actually pretty decent. Real trash right there buddy. Whatever narrative gets you to sleep at night.
: "It shouldn't take so long to gut one of the defining parts of a champion kit." -Boards 2019
> [{quoted}](name=SociopathFriend,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4AaUf3Os,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-01-28T01:18:35.836+0000) > > "It shouldn't take so long to gut one of the defining parts of a champion kit." > > -Boards 2019 Ah, some good old fallacy. Never ceases to amaze me.
Foucz (EUNE)
: I feel really bad for fizz mains and all of us unaware
> [{quoted}](name=Foucz,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pzlwow6R,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-27T13:50:42.518+0000) > > https://imgur.com/a/F4dKWAF > > This skin is Pug'maw level of abomination. I didnt know it was fizz untill someone told me because its so unrecognizable and the worst part is: > there will be a whole skin line of this so your beloved champion might become THIS. Riot please what are you doing ? This is going too far. Its not cute or cool. Its just creepy and ugly. Lmao, are you actually serious? The skin is hilarious. You take the game way too seriously. How old are you? Really unhealthy attitude you got going.
Sucction (OCE)
: Considering Zed is in quite a bad spot right now, not true at all lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Sucction,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=59TPzYBr,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-01-27T10:32:56.823+0000) > > Considering Zed is in quite a bad spot right now, not true at all lol. Lmao. Zed is always in a weak state should we believe all the Zed mains defending this cancer.
: They removed the passive bonus flow from his W. They made his ult pen bonus only apply to crits. He's only really ever needed slight kit adjustments and number changes, because nothing in his kit is problematic for good players.
: If a zed is roaming bot lane and your mid laner pings it (and actually tells you which lane...)
Getting kills with Zed is just too easy. No skill involved, just a damage oneshot meta.
: Calm your tits, she is FoM and they also released a new skin for her... what the fuck do you expect? She will be nerfed eventually
> [{quoted}](name=wuthappen,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Nn7YquN0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-26T14:09:26.768+0000) > > Calm your tits, she is FoM and they also released a new skin for her... what the fuck do you expect? She will be nerfed eventually Why is this comment being downvoted lol? It's the correct answer. New skin = buff.
: Thanks for the Perma Ban.
> [{quoted}](name=SaltyBoiMalum,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8TNVTnip,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-26T21:25:45.121+0000) > > When I got banned a few months ago I was devastated and couldn't believe what had happened. I had never felt so angry in my life, I tried everything I could do to get unbanned, unfortunately I wasn't and during that time I was leading a shitty life and a toxic realtionship with family members and friends. When I got this ban I couldn't just go back and play league. Soon I had managed to fix these realtionships and I even started to get better grades. I want to thank Riot for fixing my life and how toxic I was becoming. I do regret my decisions and I have even started to replay League again. I am a lot less salty and now I really try to hold myself. I just wanted to sorry for everything I've said to other players and Riot. Have a blessed day thanks for reading. You should stay away from League. Its a game intentionally made toxic. At the same time it's in an extremely poor state. The game ruins you mentally by just playing casually. Stay away bro, don't undo the progress you've made by coming back.
: every game is a shutout!
Honestly just quit. I've moved on to BFV. Realized how much I've missed FPS.
Rioter Comments
koshkyra (NA)
: “A 95% slow is useless in a game filled with CC.”
> [{quoted}](name=JamesTheMage15,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JntuNgMf,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-01-25T16:18:46.961+0000) > > “A 95% slow is useless in a game filled with CC.” Do you know what fallacy is?
: claiming you would survive the 5 seconds for him to use it again
It's the other way around: even with a 95% slow Nasus still gets kited to death. You're garbage at the game if you complain about Nasus anyway. He will never be good in a game overloaded with CC and damage.
: Toxicity and why I will look for fun elsewhere
This game has been intentionally made toxic by the balance team and Riot as a whole. People rage at each other due to how unfair the game has become. No wonder toxicity is getting worse every season. One game of League is enough to make you wanna smash your keyboard. This game isn't worth your sanity.
: I've had plenty of fun in SR and plenty of bad times in NB, it's all personal preference. Personally I'm fine with either so {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
That's because you're new and don't know what League used to be; if you did you wouldn't be fine with its current state.
Rioter Comments
: I gotta say, 20% damage reduction for 4 seconds is pretty insane for dueling
20% damage reduction and still you get oneshot. This game has devolved beyond recognition.
Leetri (EUW)
: Sorry but Dota 2 is dropping too. They've lost 1/3rd of their peak players since 2016 when it was the most popular, as well as 1/3rd of their average player numbers. By comparison League's been growing all that time and only recently dropped about 1/5th of their players, they still have over 10 times as many players as Dota 2 though. The only way League will die is the day Riot says they're done with the game and are closing the servers.
> [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JmIhfMfY,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2019-01-21T16:45:27.411+0000) > > Sorry but Dota 2 is dropping too. They've lost 1/3rd of their peak players since 2016 when it was the most popular, as well as 1/3rd of their average player numbers. > By comparison League's been growing all that time and only recently dropped about 1/5th of their players, they still have over 10 times as many players as Dota 2 though. The only way League will die is the day Riot says they're done with the game and are closing the servers. Lol ok bro. U keep playing this broken oneshot meta. GLHF
: Finally hit Diamond
> [{quoted}](name=Infinite Irelia,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KtZUZbN2,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-20T22:49:11.759+0000) > > Peaked P1 my first season (8) with D4 mmr and finally hit D4 this preseason. Never thought I’d advance so far in a game I just began playing but I guess I should thank all my friends who got me started into League to begin with and gave me tips I never would’ve learned myself. > > Wish me luck season 9 as I aim for masters! You should quit before the game takes your sanity.
: The phrase, “League is dead” is getting kind of old now.
Dynikus (NA)
: Players asked for longer game and laning phases - Riot implemented something that lengthened games and laning phases Players asked for the game to be less snowbally and make comebacks more possible - Riot implemented something that makes comebacks more possible. Whether or not you like how they did it is another story, the fact is they did make changes that accomplished what they set out to do, and they were changes during pre-season. You asked me to name one substantial change over the last 2 months, I did.
You did, yet the game plays pretty much the same as it did in S8. If anything, it feels even worse and more one-sided than before. To me the game is degenerate anyway, and Riot's so far only willing to slap cheap and easy "fixes" on the fundamental issues this game has. Turet plating could be done without gold, bounties wouldn't be necessary if tactical macro-play comebacks and outplays were actually possible like they've been in the majority of this game's lifespan. Bounties do nothing more than artificially increase game length by making games more unfair and punishing to legitimate good plays. That's just my opinion though. I hate what this game has become.
Dynikus (NA)
: That's statistically wrong. Average game length increased 1-2 minutes across every elo after the implementation of turret plating. Shut down gold also makes it easier to come back, so your point about mid game spiraling out of control isn't true either.
Shut down gold punishes players for doing well and is easily one of the most hated new mechanics. It's straight out broken that you can outplay someone, get shut down once and your entire edge gets nullified. But hey, if you feel like turret plating and and bounties were productive and well-thought out additions to the game rather than band-aids, then all honors to you.
: Every loss is from literally one bad player.
Winning these days is about getting the best bad player.
Dynikus (NA)
: Laning phase lasts longer and is rarely decided by a single mistake.
You mean getting free gold from towers which snowballs champions even harder once the tower falls? They improved the laning phase only to have mid-game spiral out of control even faster than before. Hardly an improvement when it did nothing for average game length.
Dynikus (NA)
: There have actually been a lot of substantial changes in that time, I'm not really sure what you're on about.
Rioter Comments
: Yes, because it's backed up with actual facts. Akali simply is not OP.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hsufXJsE,comment-id=001100010000,timestamp=2019-01-21T04:55:39.372+0000) > > Yes, because it's backed up with actual facts. > > Akali simply is not OP. I think she is, but it's not like it matters. The champion's kit is fundamentally broken and whether she's OP or UP comes in second. The champion is permabanned anyway, Your mistake is looking at the global win rate. If you want to know how strong a champion is, you have to look at what the mains average at. Currently Akali mains average at 56% which is not necessarily OP, but not UP either. The main problem is that she's complete cancer. She's banned for the same reason Yasuo is: she isn't a healthy champion design.
: Okay. But Akali's winrate is **significantly** below 50%. It's not like "oh they're at 48%", no, her global winrate is **44%**, and only reaches 48% in **diamond**. Akali isn't op. Stop pretending she is.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hsufXJsE,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-01-20T23:40:37.999+0000) > > Okay. But Akali's winrate is **significantly** below 50%. > > It's not like "oh they're at 48%", no, her global winrate is **44%**, and only reaches 48% in **diamond**. > > Akali isn't op. Stop pretending she is. Lmao. Do you even believe in the stuff you say?
Show more

Blåbæret

Level 133 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion