: > [{quoted}](name=Captain Tea,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n7Q62rg2,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-21T20:52:49.523+0000) > > Really? Because in about a 3rd of the games I play there seems to be someone AFK. If the system was doing such a great job at punishing AFK players, they would be weeded out over time, and AFK should be a rare occurrence by now. This is not the case. > > I came back with the Lunar Revel event after a hiatus, at that time I belonged to the top 30% players in ARAM. Now I'm down to the bottom 50%, all thanks to the excess of players who decide to AFK. > Absolute joke, Riot doesn't care at all about player behavior in ARAM. The AFK penalty is a timer placed on top of your queue time, and you _must_ play through 5 games for the timer to go away. People just generally care less about winning in ARAM, so they play them when they don't have much time or know they can't finish a game.
> [{quoted}](name=Unrefõrmed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n7Q62rg2,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-21T20:56:04.682+0000) > People just generally care less about winning in ARAM, so they play them when they don't have much time or know they can't finish a game. And this is exactly the problem. There are a plethora of players who know they are suffering technical issues, and therefore don't attempt SR but instead go into ARAM. This is also the case when players don't have much time. This is unacceptable behavior. ARAM is as much of a real game mode as SR is and should be held to the same standards. Going AFK ruines the game for 4-9 other players. This is absolutely toxic behavior and should result in suspensions in case of regular occurrence. Seeing players go AFK is so tilting when you witness it in a large portion of games, and completely kills the mood to finish that game. Yet I still play the game till the end.
: Gonna tell you right now, free passes only get handed out to toxic people. Their AFK/Leaverbuster is pretty damn strong. Even if you keep your character moving nonstop inside the base, you will get flagged. Pretty recently some people bullied me to afking in an aram 5 minutes in, I was buying my items as I got gold, moving my champion quite consistently, typing and doing anything to show Rito that I was not 'afk', before anyone could even report me (I'm typically one of the first loads into the lobby), I was already flagged and unable to recieve loot for that match due to AFK behavior. Their system does better at reporting this than the players do
Really? Because in about a 3rd of the games I play there seems to be someone AFK. If the system was doing such a great job at punishing AFK players, they would be weeded out over time, and AFK should be a rare occurrence by now. This is not the case. I came back with the Lunar Revel event after a hiatus, at that time I belonged to the top 30% players in ARAM. Now I'm down to the bottom 50%, all thanks to the excess of players who decide to AFK. Absolute joke, Riot doesn't care at all about player behavior in ARAM.
Rioter Comments
Elohaven (NA)
: Popstar Kindred
This design makes me want to play Kindred in Top, Mid, ADC bot, Support bot and jungle. I need this in my life.
: If you’re one minute away from defeat, why not play it out anyways. There is a somewhat a deprivation to not allowing the enemy to blow up your Nexus, and if you’re trying to min-max your own free time in a game meant for fun, it starts becoming a chore. There are many last ditch baron turn-arounds and Nexus throws that it doesn’t hurt to try your 1%. The “never surrender” attitude is disgusting in how blind it leads people, but defeatistism (is this even a word) isn’t a much better mindset.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=F2zrfk3m,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-21T15:59:04.783+0000) >There are many last ditch baron turn-arounds and Nexus throws that it doesn’t hurt to try your 1%. > > The “never surrender” attitude is disgusting in how blind it leads people Those are contradicting statements. Turn-arounds are rare enough that they aren't worth the pain you have to go through. And most often than not it should be obvious that you just aren't going to be able to win. Usually its the feeders that hold the game hostage and refuse to surrender.
Elohaven (NA)
: Kai'Sa doesn't seem like an ADC and it's a problem to me
I feel like she seems more of a marksman assassin/skirmisher akin to Vayne and Quinn that fits well in toplane (and jungle/mid perhaps too), as opposed to bot lane. Would have loved to see her as a botlane carry though. I think we could do with more AP-based "ADCs", to open up new team-comps.
Arammus (EUW)
: over 25% of all ranked games in korea end with a surrender
Koreans are smart enough to see when a game is lost, and know their time is better spend playing a new game. Unlike NA & EU players.
: The top laner has tabis. The jungler has tabis I have nausea .
We don't want to buy Tabi, but we have no other choice since Riot has no plans of balancing ADCs. Also gotta do something about that power creep.
Rioter Comments
: well, the new ADC champ has it all!
To be fair you can't really count the 5-stack passive, because ADCs don't need more than 3 hits to kill anything.
: ARAM is fine. From a player with over 1k games played, you **absolutely do not** see the same champs every game. Making all champs available would screw players who haven't bought champs specifically because they don't want to play them. ARAM is perfect as is, please Riot don't touch it!
> [{quoted}](name=DevlinCrow,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HFEOFHfj,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-02-20T17:00:42.063+0000) > ARAM is perfect as is, please Riot don't touch it! ARAM is far, far from perfect. It needs a lot of fine-tuning, but Riot doesn't care in the slightest.
FNC Ilija (EUNE)
: PROJECT SKINS 2018
At least half of them are ADCs, so it checks out. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Barkley (NA)
: That's not the kind of players i'm talking about, if you'd read OP. I'm talking about the players who just afk farm a lane all game long and run down top lane over and over again until either A.) They get a tower B.) They die Then they rinse and repeat. I'm not talking about players who know what they're doing, because at my elo they're few and far between. 80% of "split pushing" at my elo is just some kid ramming his face off of one lane the entire game with no wards, no map pressure, and no map awareness, NOT winning their 1v1 matchup let alone a 1v2 or 1v3, NOT teleporting to team fights, and just dying over and over again and saying "Why aren't we winning? U guyse sucK!" We could literally be 4v4'ing at baron, and their lane opponent will TP making it 4v5, and they'll just keep on keepin' on. Because they're "split pushing." THATS what I'm talking about. And I'm fairly confident I made that clear in the original post.
What you're describing is just stereotypical bronze behavior, and this behavior is not at all unique to split-pushers. So I don't know why you're just addressing split-pushers. You're also generalizing; acting as if all top laners below platinum have this mentality. There are plenty of top laners who use their brain. Honestly you didn't really make anything clear in your original post. It came across as a rant from someone who just played a game with a bad split pusher.
Barkley (NA)
: An open request letter to everyone below Platinum
Split pushers tend to know what they're doing, but their team doesn't. If a split pusher gets visited by 3 enemies in lane, he can just hang back, as long as the rest of their team tries to push for an objective elsewhere with their 4v2 number's advantage. Most of the time this doesn't happen and their team just takes the opportunity to grab wolves or go shopping. If the split pusher's team is 4v5, instead of hanging back and letting the split pusher do his job (getting turrets or pulling pressure to him) they engage a fight with a number's disadvantage. If you can't win both the 4v4 and 1v1, you aren't going to win the teamfight with a split pusher either. At that point you either got outdrafted or just aren't as good as the opponents. The team often does not communicate, whether its enemies missing or if a fight is about to happen and the split pusher has to TP. They also don't even ward for the split pusher, leaving most of the jungle dark. People seem to have the misconception that top laners always know exactly what is happening every second of the game, at every location of the map. It's not that split pushers are bad, its just that most players tend not to educate themselves past their own roles. You seem to be one of these players.
: Now that we buffed Nasus Q and Ult, can we PLEASE nerf his overpowered SLOW?
Don't worry, now that his new skin has released he can be nerfed in 2-4 weeks.
Kai Guy (NA)
: No disrespect intended but my main frusturations in lol come from players.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KzzBWxcu,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-14T18:44:17.441+0000) > **Opinions that differ are wrong:** There are grey areas, there's difference in perspective. I don't agree Downvote! I agree UPVOTE! this creates some of that band wagoning in boards. It detracts a good deal from quality posts or valid points and discussions being made visible. Its not bad to agree to disagree, its ok to be open that others might have a different experience then you. If some one has shown effort and tried to keep quality in their post don't just mindlessly down vote it. If you strongly disagree post and generate a discussion. If you don't care that strongly, just ignore it. Some one makes a low quality post, and you agree don't promote them. Don't reward low effort, please. It will only encourage lower quality and we will keep seeing a flood of it show up. I truly expect to see only a handful of comments, probably 3-4 being upset about something I said, 5 to 8 tops agreeing. 1 LOL TO LONG DNDD READ! and to end up with at least -10 votes. This can't be stated enough! I generally dislike the up/down-vote system because almost everyone doesn't properly use the function. Downvotes should be reserved for bad posts containing lies and unfounded nonsense or rage in all-caps. Right now the voting system is just a measure of how popular your opinion is. Downvoting a post just because its an opinion you don't agree with is bad, because it deters any further discussion on the topic. Nothing is worse when you spend ages on constructing a well argumented post regarding an unpopular opinion, just to see it downvoted a couple of times and subsequently disappear. I agree with most of what you said, and I applaud your efforts to improve the standards of the community. Unfortunately I don't think it is going to matter much; most people seem to want to put very little effort in what they do online.
: League Of Legends Pokemon typing
Pretty cool idea. Some suggestions from the top of my head: - Ashe should have Ice typing included - Camille should likely be Steel+Fighting instead of just Steel (being a skirmisher and all) - Quinn should at least have Flying typing (thanks to Valor) - Sejuani: I'd make her a ground type instead of a fighting type (+Ice) considering she's practically riding a donphan - Trundle: Would consider him a ground type over fighting type as well. Fighting seems to be mostly about agility/martial arts, not brute force (Cubone and Marowak are also considered ground instead of fighting, despite using a club).
: The Special Relationship we have with Riot
> [{quoted}](name=Real Sexy Yoona,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=12wJUyN3,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-14T00:20:50.557+0000) > Let's not forget we are on the same side in trying to improve the game. To be frank, I don't really think this is absolutely true. From a player's perspective we do not want the game to die because we want to have fun. But Riot doesn't want the game to die because they have to earn money. Back in the day (2012-2013) players with both an EU and NA account could have them merged, and any content they owned double would get fully refunded. This was the pinacle of customer service, something completely opposite of the more recent business decisions (Blue essence, Orange essence, Bundles). I feel like content that doesn't generate any money gets too little attention. Old modes take years to bring back, and Butcher's Bridge is nowhere to be seen. Rune Reforged is the only real overhaul of a system/mechanic we have seen in recent years (that was not a direct balance change (such as champions and items)). What about more customization options for wards and icons (such as a random ward skin each game)? The community have made great suggestions for improvements. Yet we get a massive influx of skins, champions, wards, icons and the like. Champion reworks are the only exception to this, and I hope the rate of them will be increased. (Yes I know there are different teams working on different aspects of the game, but Riot consciously decided to e.g. hire more skin artists) As an ARAM only player, I am very frustrated with Riot's lack of interest in this game mode. It is their 2nd most played mode, yet they do nothing to support it. There have been glaring issues with it for years, that could relatively easily be sorted out, but Riot refuses to put any time in it. Even the punishment system is much more lenient on ARAM, with AFK'ers, trolls and bots running rampant. Trust me, people complain mostly to vent their frustrations. We have very little hope that Riot actually listens and will do anything with our negative feedback, no matter how well argued the opinions are. Lastly, the balance team is pretty much nothing more than a meme right now, who does the exact opposite of what the players want. Maybe it is just me, maybe Riot is a great company and I have just grown bitter and resentful over the years I have played this game; but Riot isn't doing anything to change my view either. I admit that I have no knowledge of the internal workings of a company like Riot, and perhaps everything I've stated in this post is not as I think it is. I love the Devstreams (twitch live-streams) that Digital Extremes (Warframe game) does bi-weekly, to show off upcoming content, the systems that are getting revamp and to address issues the playerbase have. I think Riot could learn a lot from this. Perhaps balancing really isn't so easy, but then explain to us why it is not so easy (more detailed then the recent post about Nunu that practically stated "We dont have time to really do anything in 1-1.5 weeks so we just do some random things"). Perhaps experimenting with old game modes is good, but our feedback has largely been negative towards the changes to e.g. doombots and URF. A recent post stated that they want to experiment more with the designs of old game modes, which is exactly the opposite of what the playerbase wants. I'm sure there's a good reaseon why they are persistent with it, but then at least explain it to us. This is why I like what they are doing with the upcoming Illaoi skin. They are giving insights into the design process, what it takes to make a skin. At the same time we get a voice in the matter, by voting on the skin theme and even suggesting chromas. We need more of this. Maybe I have been spoiled by Digital Extremes, but I don't consider Riot all that caring; and I feel a lot of improvements have to be made between the Riot-community relationship.
toravii (NA)
: Hey! Yeah you worded what I made a thread about so much nicer. I did contact support and they said they would pass it along as feedback. But I just don't see the problem with them releasing the items as lone items and bundles.
Hey, thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear people have actually contacted support about it, gotta get that word around. I hope they will actually do something about it.
: You can play any MOBA you want either. Riot is a company, just like Ghiradelli, Lindt, or Godiva. You can't buy Godiva chocolates from Lindt, no matter how hard you try. If you don't like the products that Riot is giving you, feel free to go buy your products from another company (Blizzard, whoever makes Smite, etc). They're not the same as what League gives you, sure, but then Godiva's Gems aren't the same as what Lindt gives you either, in terms of chocolate. You can't sit here and argue that brands don't matter when League of Legends is a specific brand of MOBA. There are others out there, some of more...varying qualities, but that's just like the chocolate industry where you have big names like Godiva, who makes world class chocolate and then Hershey, who makes the lowest quality chocolate they can make and still have it qualify as chocolate.
As I've explained in another comment, the entire chocolate company analogy is just stupid. When I buy chocolate I don't buy permanent "content" that is not compatible with other brands. I buy food that I consume and is then gone. Each time I buy chocolate I start at 0, I don't invest in a brand. I am invested in LoL. Would I move to another MOBA, I would lose all that investment. I can't take my LoL content with me to another MOBA.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: If Riot's a chocolate making company and LoL is their product, you switching to a different MOBA from a different company doesn't require of you to stop eating chocolate at all. You're just switching to a different brand. Not sure what your comparison was supposed to accomplish but it's a good thing to clear up any confusion before we proceed. Also, there's a difference between a comparison and an analogy. I used an analogy to simplify the issue you're having by using a different example, from an imaginary situation. This Lunar Year's bundles are what RIot's offering as a product and what you want is just a piece from one or more bundles, which isn't the offer. This is Legacy content which means it will be available next Lunar Year with more new Lunar Year content. So take it or leave it.
It's cute that you call it "my comparison", because you're the one who started to talk about chocolate companies. I simply continued with your "analogy" to show you're wrong. Switching to a different brand of chocolate is not the same as switching to a different MOBA. When I buy chocolate, I don't actually make any investments into that brand. Every time I buy chocolate I start at 0, so I'm free to switch to another brand at any moment without worries. However I am invested in LoL; I have spend a lot of time and money on this game. Were I to switch to another MOBA, I would lose all of that investment and would have to start at 0. I hope you now understand that YOUR analogy doesn't make any sense. I will give you a better one: _I live in comfortable, spacious, apartment that I rent from a landlord. I also arrange all my furniture through him. One day my bed breaks and I have to replace it; so I go to my landlord who tells me that I can only get a new bed if I would also pay for a new fridge. My fridge is 3 years old and still working just fine. I tell him how ridiculous his offer is. At this moment my neighbour opens the door and yells "You don't need to own every piece of furniture. Just sleep on the fucking couch." The landlord smiles at me and says "The way I see it you have 3 options. You buy the bundle, you don't buy the bundle and sleep on the couch or floor, or you move out of the apartment. Though do take into account that the furniture is part of the apartment, so you'd be moving into a new empty apartment. That's capitalism, friend."_ This analogy actually reflects how ridiculous the entire situation is. Hell it even has the random white knight in it, who loves to scream whenever he hears anything negative about his idol. You say "take it or leave it." which is exactly what I'll be doing. I'm not going to buy the bundles, but that doesn't mean I won't voice my opinion about them.
: You're comparing apples to oranges, the playerbase size and company size difference between Riot and Digital Extreme is massive and shouldn't be compared if you're looking at expenses. And I actually play warframe so I can tell you that they do bundle stuff as well and it's probably what makes them the most money. Second, its pure hyperbole to say "everything" is being put behind a paywall because it really isn't, a single chroma or a single icon is hardly everything Riot creates. Real paywalls are like how HOTS uses their bundle loot boxes as the ONLY way to get skins/announcers/banners. Heck, up till 2 years ago League had no where near this much content (icons, chromed, ward skins, even regular skins) being made on a regular basis, and it wasn't possible to get ANY for free, up until hextech chests. Just so you know I'm not you're average complaining F2P player, I'm a whale who's spent over $1000 on this game, I am very much a paying player. My point is that you can say you personally don't like the "paywalls", but saying something like "Riot is greedy" or "they make plenty of profit" is pure fallacy that cannot be supported by any logical argument, we just don't know enough. Until DontHassleDaHoff comes in this thread and says otherways anyways.
Thanks for confirming what I just said, it's all just assumptions and speculation. If I don't like it, I will complain about it. I don't need a bunch of white knights telling me that the rights to freedom of speech don't apply to me and I'm not allowed to voice my opinion (not refering to you).
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: And your argument is also pointless. A chocolate company offers you a box of chocolates (a product) that has a variety of flavors in it and you just want either 1 piece of chocolate from the said box or a specific variety of chocolates with your type of flavor. So now it's the company's fault that you can't fish out every sprinkled nut and rum combination chocolate ball from every box of 30 pieces and make your own box out of it? Do you see how ridiculous this sounds? The whole bundles are a package for this year's Lunar Event. So you can't buy this stuff outside it and it's Legacy content until the next year. And you can't buy individual things either but for your effort, gems are also included in these bundles BECAUSE EVERY PLAYER HAS ALREADY COMPLAINED ABOUT WANTING MORE GEMS SO HERE THEY ARE.
Your argument has one major flaw though, I can buy chocolate anywhere. If I don't like the products that one chocolate company offers, I will buy my chocolate from another company. Simple as that. The quality of chocolate doesn't vary enough between companies for that to be an issue. And with the wide range of different options, I'm sure I can find a box that only contains the flavors I like. However there is only one company that produces ingame content for LoL, and that is Riot. They have a monopoly on LoL content and can therefore do whatever they want. I can't go to another developer and buy LoL skins from them. Also when chocolate is packaged in different flavors, this is done with the consumer in mind. The consumer will probably want different flavors, because a single flavor would become stale. The concept is very different. They don't put disgusting chocolate with delicious chocolate to earn more money. If people don't like the disgusting chocolate the company would just stop producing it, and make more of the delicious chocolate instead. Meanwhile Riot only sells small amounts of delicious chocolate in packages that contain a large quantity of disgusting chocolate. Unlike the chocolate company, Riot does it on purpose. tl;dr Chocolate company > Riot. And before you start to argue that I can just quit LoL and play another game. That would be akin to quit eating chocolate, and thats just stupid. Who would ever do that?
: Why can't I buy Puppy WW without the gemstone?
Because they know that for 5 players who would have gotten the icon, at least 1 will get the bundle (which is 5x the icon price). Gotta make the most $$$ and screw over all the other people. It's Riot's way of doing business.
: Wow, it's almost like Riot is actually trying to make MONEY from their new skin releases. huh, who would have guessed
Wow, it's almost like Riot is actually trying to make money from the useless junk that no one wants, by bundling it with content that people actually do want to pay for. Almost...
: Your Skins Aren't Yours
When I go to the store to buy a retail copy of a new game, I am not actually buying that game. That would imply I'd have the rights to redistribute the game and make a profit (to some degree). All I'm doing is buying the rights to play the game and a way to have access to it. Yes we know, so what exactly is your point? We are fine with this. You make it sound like Riot is going to remove the skins after 2 years to screw me over. But we all know Riot wouldn't do that because then they wouldn't have any customers left. No one is going to raid my house to remove all the retail copies of games I own either. People just refer to skins as "my skins" because its a whole lot easier to say than "the skin I own a license to".
Jamaree (NA)
: Reminder that if you aren't having fun with League, you should stop playing.
Monster Hunter isn't out on PC yet. If Riot would give me a refund on all their content I bought, I could certainly buy a PS4 and play MH instead. But unfortunately that aint happening :`)
: > [{quoted}](name=YuGiHo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JO7ukEwM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-08T22:33:06.467+0000) > > Events primary focus should be getting people to play the game more than they usually would. Hots lunar event achieves this since all their content can be obtained for free by just playing the game allot. league just wants my money and that feels bad so i know what game ill be playing for the next few weeks. Unfortunately Blizzard has far more incentive to go that route than Riot does. HoTS is a game that has far less players and, don't quote me on this, is declining. Blizzard tends to give away a lot of stuff in HoTS simply because they wish to have the player count that Dota 2 and League have.
This is certainly true, but Blizzard and Riot are also very different companies. Blizzard has multiple widely succesful games and have therefore a lot more profit in general. They can take money from other games and invest it into HotS to make it better, they are less likely to make drastic changes. Riot on the other hand only has LoL. Blizzard could lock everything behind a paywall, but the money they would make with that would only be a very small fraction of what they'd make across all their games. All it would end up doing is killing HotS faster than is currently happening, and damaging their own reputation. As long as the game is not running a net loss, they are fine.
YuGiHo (NA)
: I think the current situation is like being in an abusive relationship but not realizing its unhealthy until you meet someone that will treat you kindly, or at-least that's how i see it in relation to myself league and hots. It makes me sad seeing how riot is trying to condition its players to be ok with this kind of abuse in the form of over aggressive marketing tactics.
Exactly. I myself like to compare LoL to Warframe. Warframe is the pinacle of 'a F2P game for the players, not for the money". Its a shame that Riot, the company behind such a great game, has just succumbed to corporate greed like so many others. They don't even try anymore at this point.
: Accounting major here. First of all everyone brings this up on the boards as a counter argument and it's a total non-sequitur; just because League is the highest grossing F2P game in the world, you have NO IDEA about actual net profits/expenses/growth curves from that stat. None. Zip. Zero. They could be losing money because they want to pay their employees an above market wage, or ISP's could be shafting them driving up their overhead. Don't make assumptions about Riots finances that we can't know, especially when it really is a FREE game at heart and a company by definition exists to make money. That's life. You make it sound like you would rather pay a subscription for Lol instead because somehow bundling cosmetics "screws over" the players. This, in my opinion, is nuts.
You are right, I have absolutely no idea about Riot's expenditure, so all I do is making assumptions based on the information I have. Considering Riot would never release such information, it is the best I can do. But how is saying "they need the money to keep the game going" any different? It is also just an assumption. Another assumption incoming: Digital Extreme also develops a F2P game called Warframe. Compared to LoL, ALL of their content can actually be obtained for free in a fairly reasonable way. On top of that they produce a buttload more content than Riot does, while likely making less money. And they are still doing fine. (No need to bring up the story about having to maximize profit because of shareholders, I've heard it all before). You make think my opinion is nuts, but it certainly has some merit. Lets say that previously I could get the skins I wanted for $15 a month. But now that Riot can no longer support the game with all these F2P players, they are putting everything behind a paywall to make more money. Now I have to pay $30 a month to get the skins I wanted, because I'd have to buy useless junk as well. So yes, the paid players would be "screwed over" because of these F2P players. Do I actually want to suggest a subscription? No, I am fine with F2P players. All I just want is for Riot to get rid of these paywalls and let me buy the stuff I want. But everytime the F2P players (disclaimer: not specifically refering to you) grab their pitchforks and moan that we have no right to complain, while they themselves actually do very little to support the game.
toravii (NA)
: Soooo why are they bundle exclusive?
Because despite LoL being the highest grossing F2P game, Riot thinks they don't have enough money yet. So their greed played up and they designed these bundles. Really, I wonder how many people actually buy into this stuff that they deside to keep these bundles going. I assume a lot more players would buy the content if it was sold seperately. Disgusting business practice.
YuGiHo (NA)
: Events primary focus should be getting people to play the game more than they usually would. Hots lunar event achieves this since all their content can be obtained for free by just playing the game allot. league just wants my money and that feels bad so i know what game ill be playing for the next few weeks.
Glad to see there are actually smart people on here as well. It seems there are a lot of gullible players who think this sort of stuff is fine, and blindly kiss Riot's ass. Immediately lost interest in playing LoL when I saw these bundles.
: You are aware that the game is free? And that skins are what keep it going?
> [{quoted}](name=Anastaecia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=f28o2BJ5,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-08T21:55:43.429+0000) > > You are aware that the game is free? And that skins are what keep it going? Skins, wards, icons and all the other stuff have a base price that reflects their actual value (e.g. time it took to make). These prices are fine and we'd have no problem buying said content at the designated price. However the problem arises when this content is locked into bundles with useless junk that no-one would otherwise buy. It is an attempt to get people to spend more money than they actually would. It reflects pure greed, because it is no longer about "keeping the game going" but core capitalism: making more money than you know what to do with. There was a recent article (I believe it was circulating on reddit) that showed LoL is the highest grossing F2P game worldwide. The present issue has absolutely nothing to do with keeping the game going, because the game is doing more than fine. But sure, if you want to play this card. Yes the game is free, and its exactly that that screws over the paying players. The players that actually keep this game going. Because they will continously have to pay more if they want the same content.
: or you could just, I don't know, not buy literally everything that comes out? especially if you say you don't want to support the game. it's fine, you don't need to the game is free. just don't buy every skin or border or useless icon or that extra gemstone. also, what if the point of the borders so that you only pick one? it's the same deal with the golden chromas. having only one makes it more special, picking either your favorite champ, or just skin. you're completely overreacting, and also acting like a baby.
> [{quoted}](name=muh Shroom,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=f28o2BJ5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-08T21:46:30.822+0000) > > or you could just, I don't know, not buy literally everything that comes out? There is always someone who brings this argument up, and they never realize how ridiculous it is. This isn't about wanting to own "everything". This is about wanting to own a particular something, but being forced into buying useless crap if you want to have said something. This is about just wanting the option to buy a specific item. I for example really just want the wards and the Puppy Warwick Icon. But I am not going to pay 2.5-5x the regular price just because a buttload of junk is included in the bundle. What does this have to do with feeling the need to own everything? I couldn't care less about the champion skins, champion icons, borders and all the other crap. I don't even want the free stuff. What I want is very simple. Riot certainly has the right to continue with these greedy business strategies, no one is going to stop them. But at the same time it is well within our rights to voice our opinion when we disagree with their decisions. There is really no reason to kiss Riot's behind and pretend like this kind of stuff is cool. If you don't like people complaining about it, just don't visit such topics.
: I don't even know anymore tbh. I asked a Red about the ward specifically on Reddit and he said they may bring bundled stuff back later separately, but I think that's code for "wait until next year for it maybe." There are people saying the same stuff about getting the icon with the gemstone (they only want the gemstone) ^This one may be to lock up multiple gem purchases though.
Honestly I doubt they are going to bring these items back seperately. If they do come back they will likely be in another bundle. I wouldn't be surprised if they say things like this just to stop the complaints.
: How the hell u got 23 gemstones. I wasted money on chests and got nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=Warbirde9,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=zT92j2ga,comment-id=00140001,timestamp=2018-02-08T20:40:12.068+0000) > > How the hell u got 23 gemstones. I wasted money on chests and got nothing. Spend waaaay too much on hextech chests. They seems to have accumulated over time. With Riot's recent business decisions I regret spending so much on their company though.
: I am also sad the wards are locked up.
Makes me wonder if they make enough money off of these bundles to screw over the other players.
: Learn More: Lunar Revel 2018 Event
Very disappointed with the bundles. Yet another event that has awesome content, but a shame it is all locked behind useless stuff no one wants to buy. I was really looking forward to getting both ward skins, but you can forget about me paying 2.5x the normal price. And bumping the price of an icon up to 1250rp by putting it in a bundle with a gemstone? I have 23 of these and don't know what to do with them because you hardly produce any content for gemstones. What a joke.
: Why are the Red Chroma's for the Lunar Revel skins exclusive to bundles only?
All of the content is locked behind bundles that makes you pay for stuff you have 0 interest in. Same with ward skins and the icons. It is really disappointing because this way I have no interested in getting the content. It seems Riot won't change their mind though, considering they have been doing it for multiple events in a row now. It only seems to be getting worse.
Rioter Comments
: Dancing with star spirits Taliyah [Skin Concept]
I didn't know I needed this in my life, but I need this in my life. Now I can be depressed that we'll never get it.
Aeszarck (NA)
: It’s not possible to earn Mastery Tokens in any mode aside from classic Summoner’s Rift. They made this change the second or third time URF rolled around in the RGM. I think it’s stupid.
Thanks for confirming. That's incredibly BS, considering it's a lot harder to get an S- or higher in ARAM than on SR lol.
Rioter Comments
: Vayne is not a template upon which you should design new ADCs
High risk high reward champions are always a nightmare to balance, because once you learn the champion well (e.g. one-tricks) the risk is significantly lower, and you're left with a broken champion that feels cheap and unfun to play against.
: They're probably talking mostly about her intended lane (mid). There are still quite a few champions top lane that absolutely dumpster her tho. Keep in mind that they are changing her so they aren't doing, "lul buff her current kit so she's impossible to lane against"
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8kGu09sU,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-01-31T21:28:06.157+0000) > they aren't doing, "lul buff her current kit so she's impossible to lane against" To be fair, it is CertainlyT doing the rework. This is exactly what they'll be doing.
Rexxiee (NA)
: Riot actually thinks akali laning pattern "isnt strong enough" to deal with most laners
: ROADMAP
Great, a high risk-high reward ADC, a nightmare to balance. The issue with these champions is that the risk is significantly decreased for one-tricks who have a great proficiency with the champion. In their hands such a champion will blatantly become broken. With ADCs already in such a terrible spot (balance wise), is this really the direction you want to be going Riot? Seems like Riot has given up on bringing any semblance of balance to this game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Captain Tea,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AemA33Tk,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2018-01-23T22:39:53.940+0000) > > So we can expect Shyvana's fire animations to become golden/silver to fit Demacian standards? And Viktor's lasers & Janna's tornado will become green to fit Zaun's standards? While we're at it we can also change LeBlanc's & Cassio's abilities to red, and Skarner's, Xerath's & Nasus' abilities to yellow/gold. > > Who needs diversity, am I right? The game will be a lot more appealing when all abilities are limited to 3-4 colors. > > Red lightning is dumb. It's not who Swain was, and there's no reason why it should have been changed to this. Galio is a Demacian construct. That means he's built by Demacia, so they will decorate him according to his faction. Swain is the Head General of Noxus and leads everybody. He is wearing his faction's colors on his sleeves and moves accordingly because of military. Shyvana's color scheme will not change unless she is updated to have actual armor made by Demacian's. LeBlanc, because she is Black Rose (and thus given a different context of allegiance) MIGHT be allowed to keep the purple.. Cassio's color scheme as a monstrosity won't be changed fully comes an update. She's part snake. Green is a typical snake color. That and she's "medusa" thematic wise, so making her color palette different is non-sensical. Janna is a wind spirit originally of the sea. Her origins for her powers and being will not permit green and brown. Her lore would have to be upheaved again to make that color change work. Xerath is a conduit of magic incarnate. Magic is naturally shown as a brilliant blue. Yellow and Gold is a possibility if only because of the sun powering the Sun Disc. Skarner is a crystal Scorpion. He ha no reason to have a similar color.
You explain why these powers can't be the colors of the Champion's region based on what they actually are, and I absolutely agree! But you don't do the same for Swain. I don't have a problem with Swain's choice in clothing (as is what you focused on) but I do have a problem with the color of his abilities (and it being lighting). Swain's powers are eldritch, whatever that may imply in the LoL universe (some kind of demonic power I assume, we don't have the new lore yet). But in our world eldritch is often associated with the colors purple and green, not red. So continuing your list, his powers should be purple/green. Even if this is not the case, I doubt he has any control over the color his powers manifest in, and I doubt he would make them red just to show that Noxian pride. There was absolutely 0 reason to change the color of his abilities (unless his new lore reveals something we don't know yet).
: > [{quoted}](name=Captain Tea,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AemA33Tk,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2018-01-23T22:39:53.940+0000) > > So we can expect Shyvana's fire animations to become golden/silver to fit Demacian standards? And Viktor's lasers & Janna's tornado will become green to fit Zaun's standards? While we're at it we can also change LeBlanc's & Cassio's abilities to red, and Skarner's, Xerath's & Nasus' abilities to yellow/gold. > > Who needs diversity, am I right? The game will be a lot more appealing when all abilities are limited to 3-4 colors. > > Red lightning is dumb. that is what skins and chromas are for
No they aren't. Skins and chroma's are there to diversify within a Champion's space, aka by putting the character in different settings or giving them different colors. The Champion's base model still has to diversify between other Champions in the universe. An abilities color being based on the region the Champion is located doesn't make any sense whatsoever, because most of these abilities don't share a common origin or have a connection. It's like saying a person's favorite color is determined by where they're born.
: > [{quoted}](name=Captain Tea,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AemA33Tk,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-01-23T19:29:36.929+0000) > > Absolutely agreed. I don't like his Lucious Malfoy look at all, and I really don't know why this design was chosen. > I also loved his green color scheme and the fog/mist-like aesthetics of his abilities. They have thrown this out of the window too, for red lightning. > > He looks like a totally different champion. Here's the reason his green is gone. 1.) Just like Galio (oh god. I may have opened a can of worms with that one), his color scheme was made to fit the faction. Let's face it. There is close to no other reason except, perhaps other skins or a "thematic" differential from "sickly necrotic" to "corrupt demonic" 2.) He looks like Luscious. While I do like his new look, me reading this complaint made me realize...if he kept the green. There is no turning back from Swain being Slytherin. Jk. Swain naturally has the persona, so him being Gryffindor is a bit odd. With that being said, while I'm not a swain main and fully content with most of what I see, what I felt would be problematic is... 1.) His face isn't as overly characterized (stands out as utterly unique with large nose and the like 2.) His ult not being a full monstrous transformation 3.) His hobble. Of all the things I thought they would keep. Raven and hobble would be it. Though, I guess the demonic hand is from his arm being lost during war time.
> [{quoted}](name=Valaran Nara,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AemA33Tk,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2018-01-23T21:26:51.270+0000) > his color scheme was made to fit the faction. So we can expect Shyvana's fire animations to become golden/silver to fit Demacian standards? And Viktor's lasers & Janna's tornado will become green to fit Zaun's standards? While we're at it we can also change LeBlanc's & Cassio's abilities to red, and Skarner's, Xerath's & Nasus' abilities to yellow/gold. Who needs diversity, am I right? The game will be a lot more appealing when all abilities are limited to 3-4 colors. Red lightning is dumb. It's not who Swain was, and there's no reason why it should have been changed to this.
Show more

Captain Tea

Level 48 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion