Rioter Comments
: Something Wrong with ARAM
Actually, your team had overall the better Aram champions. Brand and Fiddle are top-tier, while Graves, Twitch and Irelia are solid.
: You’re part of the problem
> [{quoted}](name=Aidra Foxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zKExzvMJ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-06-19T02:44:26.999+0000) > > You’re part of the problem Why, exactly?
: Aatrox Changed and the Future by Reav3
Wow, I'm so happy to hear this. Aatrox is currently on sale and I was considering buying him, but the thing that was putting me off was the new model's overly basic appearance. Now that Riot are going to spruce him up, I think I might just go ahead and buy him after all. In addition to the changes Reav3 spoke of, I'd like to see: - Aatrox's face being made clearer and more distinctive. At the moment it's generally vague and featureless, and his eyes are invisible unless he looks upwards. - Aatrox's voice being made lower and more bassy.
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
{{champion:136}} His Q now grows in power as well as size the longer Sol keeps it within his outer limit, gaining +3% AP damage per second. To balance this, the cooldown of his Q is increased from 10 to 12 seconds.
: When League of Legends Dies
I always thought it would be cool for Riot to release a Street Fighter-style beat 'em up featuring League characters. It wouldn't take anywhere near as much work as a full MMORPG, and would be different enough from the main League game to not cannibalise its sales.
: Old Aatrox vs New Aatrox visuals
The new Aatrox's sword looks much better, but apart from that, the new model seems inferior in every way. I especially dislike the relative lack of detail, both on his face (which now looks featureless) and his chest (which is too bare and too bright).
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 14
Hey Meddler, please give Kassadin some love, we've been waiting patiently for it for a long time. He is currently sitting at a 46.63% win rate, which is compounded by the fact that he is picked in just 1.25% of games, so he doesn't have a lot of noobs and casuals naturally pushing down his win rate as they do with more popular champs. His general damage output is utterly feeble for a glass-cannon assassin, and his poor early game got even worse with the minion aggro changes. He was always meant to be a late game monster, but games no longer go on long enough for him to scale, and his only real way of doing mid/late game damage is by spamming r, which causes him to run out of mana fast, at which point he becomes useless again. In short, he's got a poor early game and a one-dimensional mid/late-game. It might be a good idea to increase the scaling on his w, because right now, there is not a single person who levels that more than once. Also, his q needs a rework; the magic damage shield he gets, combined with his MR passive, makes him feast against low-tier mages and famine against everyone else.
: Nimbus Cloud, Essence Reaver, and the importance of precision in language
It's Nimbus Cloak, not Nimbus Cloud. Ironic that you get this wrong in a thread about precision in language.
: Why is League beginning to feel more and more like a children's argument?
I've been saying this for ages. The lore team have the mentality of kids, with no concept of restraint. It's the main reason I can't take the lore seriously; it's just so batshit hyperbolic. Riot: "Aurelion Sol is a cosmic dragon..." Me: "Wow, cool." Riot: "He forges stars..." Me: "Okay, I can dig that." Riot: "His power and knowledge are unfathomable..." Me: "Hmm... wasn't he tricked into becoming Zoe's bitch?" Riot: "He was present at the very birth of the universe, and will be present at its end... Me: "But, I saw him die to Teemo blowdarts." Riot: "His form is so huge it fills the entire sky..." Me: *Checks in-game form, sees he's the size of a dog next to Garen.* Riot: "In fact, he may even be bigger than GALAXIES." Me: *Squints.* Riot: "He created ALL the stars. Every one of them. Just for fun..." Me: "Okay, this is too much. Gonna stop reading now." Red Post on boards: "Wait! He only told Zoe he made all the stars. He might not be telling the truth! Also, his favourite flavor of ice cream is strawberry." Me: "Umm... okay." Riot: "Now check out this other champion, the literal embodiment of death."
: The way Riot presented Aatrox is the biggest issue. His VO is full of beauty.
75% of his voice lines are still edgy/emo or just horrendously bad acting.
: What would be the likelihood of adding in a Dracolich as a Champion?
Mordekaiser is able to resurrect a dragon's ghost, but it only lasts briefly, and is generally pretty meh. A standalone undead dragon champion, on the other hand, would be a dream come true for me.
: Why are people saying Aatrox sounds Russian?
It's actually a Romanian/Hungarian accent, but since these are not widely known most assume it's Russian.
Rioter Comments
: Way to pick a screenshot of the new Aatrox in the most awkward and unfair pose. If you actually saw the new one in his full wing mode, you would see he is pretty nice. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/d/d2/Aatrox_Update_Screenshots.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180613000748
Nope. Still looks like a cartoon character.
Rioter Comments
: Aatrox's chest
Quite a few people have brought this up, though I was the first {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Also, his leg armor is tonally flat and lacking details, making it look like a pair of grey pants. Riot, sort it out.
: Based on what we know, the aspect (more specificly zoe) had a hand in giving humans some kind of an ability to imprison the five darkin, Those imprisoned darkin were than what were used to defeat the rest of them and seal the gate between there worlds.
> [{quoted}](name=M00ndanc3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2ka4R6QP,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-06-12T21:04:31.365+0000) > > Based on what we know, the aspect (more specificly zoe) had a hand in giving humans some kind of an ability to imprison the five darkin, Those imprisoned darkin were than what were used to defeat the rest of them and seal the gate between there worlds. Interesting. Source? Edit: Ah, Aatrox's interaction with Zoe hints at it. Guess we'll have to wait for details.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Aatrox feels like his power level in lore went up.
It depends on how Riot feels day to day. One minute, the Darkin are so weak that their invasion of Runeterra results in their entire race being wiped out and the last 5 being humiliated by being trapped in their weapons. The next minute: the Darkin are the greatest threat Runeterra has even known, and will surely bring about the Apocalypse itself. There is no consistency to the Darkin's power level, just as there is no consistency to what the Darkin actually are (Weapons or wielders? Daemons or aliens? Lore exists to support all of these contradictory positions). We will only know how powerful the Darkin are if the lore team ever decide to create consistent lore, which they haven't yet bothered to do. In the mean time, the power level of the Darkin will depend purely on whether Riot have a new Darkin to sell to Little Timmy.
: Why does rework Aatrox lack more detail then pre-rework + voice
These were my exact thoughts. Please Riot, add some contrast and detail to his torso so it's not just a wall of red. Would also be cool to add some veins of red light glowing in the gaps in his leg-armor so it looks less like a pair of grey pants.
: I thought aatrox would be bigger
I'll agree, he does look flat and generic, but that's due to his lack of detailing and tonal contrast rather than his size. His in-game model is pretty big; he towers over Yasuo, which means he'd also tower over his own brothers Varus and Rhaast.
: The new Aatrox trailer has been released and the boards already started complainin
Complaining about complaining only contributes to the negativity. Let other people feel how they want to feel, and focus on being positive in your own interactions.
Tialilia (EUW)
: Aatrox: The Darkin Blade | Champion Trailer - League of Legends
Hmm. His in-game model looks quite plain - there's not as much detail or color variation as I expected, particularly on his upper body. It would have been nice if he had some extra detailing and greater contrasts in tone to break up the wall of red that comprises his torso, and some red light glowing from the joints in his legs to break up the monotony of grey. His voice-acting is angrier than the last one, and thus more befitting of a daemon of war. However, the Russian accent is a little jarring. It's not a bad voice overall, but it's nowhere near as good as Rhaast's, which is wrathful without sounding cartoon-villainish. Gameplay looks fun, but will need to know a little more before commenting further.
Febos (EUW)
: I wouldn't be hopeful for that. Volibear and Cho'Gath, specifically, need it more than those 2. Riot is known to "not care" about who needs it more (cough Irelia), but Morgana and Kayle are a big project. Morgana is doing fine right now. She's outdated, but she can wait. Kayle is iffy because she's so volatile and never really meta. Also, Volibear and Cho'Gath are much easier to work with since they already have the background for them - Frejlord and The Void respectively - while Morgana and Kayle need everything done from scratch (unless they end up being vastaya which would be terrible). Honestly, I can see Kayle and Morgana having some relationship with Targon, but that's the most they can strecth it.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XYYzEKKa,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-11T20:18:52.285+0000) > > I wouldn't be hopeful for that. Volibear and Cho'Gath, specifically, need it more than those 2. > Riot is known to "not care" about who needs it more (cough Irelia), but Morgana and Kayle are a big project. > > Morgana is doing fine right now. She's outdated, but she can wait. Kayle is iffy because she's so volatile and never really meta. Also, Volibear and Cho'Gath are much easier to work with since they already have the background for them - Frejlord and The Void respectively - while Morgana and Kayle need everything done from scratch (unless they end up being vastaya which would be terrible). > > Honestly, I can see Kayle and Morgana having some relationship with Targon, but that's the most they can strecth it. Nah, I think it's pretty obvious Morgana will become a darkin (given all the clues that have been dropped, such as Urgot's in-game interaction with her). Kayle will likely become the golden-armored warrior queen who defeated the darkin.
: The darkins were horned creatures that were trap inside weapons, so, both things are correct.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tQkZvMLy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-11T19:35:08.164+0000) > > The darkins were horned creatures that were trap inside weapons, so, both things are correct. But, the Darkin's soul can only be in one place at a time, right? So, in Aatrox's case, is his soul in the weapon, or in the horned creature?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: HOLY SHIT, THIS IS THE BEST E3 REVEAL
Damn, that new Lux skin looks awesome.
Tialilia (EUW)
: Aatrox Teaser!
From his description, which states he is "growing" and the fact that he gradually gets bigger and develops wings in the trailer, seems he will have an ult that makes him grow in size, like Nasus and Renekton, or maybe like Cho'gath. Or it might even be his passive (i.e. he gradually grows as there is more and more bloodshed around him).
: The Void: Solving Lore Issues [Lore & Champion VO Suggestion]
God no. The denizens of the Void are supposed to be utterly alien, a quasi-Lovecraftian force of nature. To attempt to make them "sympathetic" defeats their purpose.
: Domination tree is garbage... why nerfing it ??
> [{quoted}](name=Ryuumoku no koke,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0hnRv1yy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-10T16:54:44.233+0000) > > Domination tree is garbage... why nerfing it ?? Not nerfing it, just replacing some of the snowbally runes with different ones.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Xidphel (NA)
: >No, that's complete bull. I was a new player just over a month ago, and in- So you're using your own personal experience. That means little especially when saying that Chermo is completely wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Xidphel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=H0swpJfG,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-06-09T19:55:18.140+0000) > > So you're using your own personal experience. That means little especially when saying that Chermo is completely wrong. The debate is about new player experience, so of course my experience as a new player counts.
Chermorg (NA)
: What you and the video fail to realize is that **you aren't new**. The only way to get a valid estimate of new player experience is to take someone who has never played league, don't explain them anything that isn't in the tutorial, don't coach them, and throw them in to games by themselves. **Truly** new players like that are matched with other new players. Players who are Smurfs are matched with other Smurfs. New players duoing with old players or Smurfs will be matched with Smurfs. The difference in skill between a Smurf and a truly new player is so massive there is virtually no chance a truly new player playing games on their own will ever find a Smurf in their games until they're at least level 15-20, if even then.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=H0swpJfG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-09T18:28:11.490+0000) > > What you and the video fail to realize is that **you aren't new**. The only way to get a valid estimate of new player experience is to take someone who has never played league, don't explain them anything that isn't in the tutorial, don't coach them, and throw them in to games by themselves. > > > **Truly** new players like that are matched with other new players. Players who are Smurfs are matched with other Smurfs. New players duoing with old players or Smurfs will be matched with Smurfs. The difference in skill between a Smurf and a truly new player is so massive there is virtually no chance a truly new player playing games on their own will ever find a Smurf in their games until they're at least level 15-20, if even then. No, that's complete bull. I was a new player just over a month ago, and in my very first normal I went 0-18, despite practising hard in co-op games beforehand. My second game wasn't much better, I was Aurelion Sol mid matched up against a Yasuo who easily took my whole team apart. And the toxicity was off the charts. It put me off SR for good, so now I just play Aram, and that's how I've been learning the game.
: Lissandra theory ¿
The Watchers are chumps. They got defeated by being pushed off a bridge by beings supposedly much weaker than them. To lose like that requires a high degree of idiocy. I doubt they have any long-term plans other than to slowly climb out of the ditch they fell in.
: Name a champion, I'll give you a good build to try on him/her/it on ARAM.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 8
Hey Meddler, any chance of taking a look at Kassadin? His damage output is feeble compared to how squishy he is, and his poor early game got even worse with the minion aggro changes. He was always meant to be a late game monster, but games no longer go on long enough for him to scale, and his only real way of doing damage is by spamming r, which causes him to run out of mana fast, at which point he becomes useless again. In short, he's got a poor early game and a one-dimensional mid/late-game. It might be a good idea to increase the scaling on his w, because right now, there is not a single person who levels that more than once. Also, his q needs a rework; the magic damage shield he gets, combined with his MR passive, makes him feast against low-tier mages and famine against everyone else.
MeowGath (NA)
: Turrets in 8.11
Riot employs a random number generator to determine what changes they should make to the game.
: Why do champions get judged based on their kit design and not their theme/story instead?
It's simple: the lore isn't well-written enough for most League fans to care about it. People might still warm to it if it was a big part of the actual game, but the fact is, very little background exists in the game; an ancient space dragon who forges stars is a cool concept, but when you select this character in-game, you find his size relative to champions like Garen makes him look more like a mutant sausage dog than a godlike star dragon - and one that can be easily killed by a rodent boy-scout with a blowpipe, or by a slap in the face from someone in a pool party outfit. It's not an arrangement that makes you contemplate the majesty of celestial dragons, but rather, the best way to build MR to negate annoying ults, etc.
Ifneth (NA)
: Multi-Mind A Common Theme Recently
Agreed. This whole "spirits possessing people's bodies" is wildly overused, as if the lore team have no idea how to write actual character motivations. It smells to me of Graham McNeill's (and perhaps also his former editor Laurie Golding's) influence. While working on the Horus Heresy books for Warhammer 40,000, McNeill had a nasty habit of removing agency from characters and giving it away to "daemonic influences" and suchlike. A notable example is the character of Fulgrim, who was originally conceived as a superhuman who became corrupted by his own unrelenting pursuit of perfection. There was so much potential depth to this angle, yet when McNeill rewrote him, he turned him into someone who just picked up a daemon-infested sword and wielded it long enough for the daemon inside to make a new home in his body and push him into the corner of his own mind (sound familiar?). The backlash from the fans was so bad that McNeill decided to write a followup story in which Fulgrim expels the daemon from his mind, but remains corrupt anyway. Yeah, makes sense.
Rioter Comments
GreenLore (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Crow Nebula,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NW48rxj8,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-01T09:17:04.548+0000) > > I don't think they'd be too similar. One would be seeking vengeance, the other redemption. Obviously, they'd both be undead, and related to water, but that'd be a pretty common trope in a place like Bilgewater. > The problem I see is that both would be insane beings who'd essentially kill people because they mistake them for someone else. Heck why would Naut even drown people if his goal is to save Pyke from drowning?
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NW48rxj8,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-01T13:58:21.003+0000) > > The problem I see is that both would be insane beings who'd essentially kill people because they mistake them for someone else. > > Heck why would Naut even drown people if his goal is to save Pyke from drowning? Because he's no longer sane. He pulls people into the depths to help him search for a drowning man, unaware that by doing so he is only drowning more people. And neither my version of Nautilus nor Pyke kill people because they mistake them for someone else.
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: Let's talk about the rune Celerity.
It's just more foolishness from the balance team. Not only is it mechanically pointless, but the latest change would also make it thematically pointless. Celerity means speed of movement, but now this is going to be primarily a damage rune. So, we're basically getting a rune called "fast movement" that improves damage. Makes sense.
: The idea of nautilus being bullied by anyone, especially given what we know about his stature, is incredibly weird to me. This story seems like you’re just cramming Nautilus into Pyke’s lore when the two don’t have to be connected like that.
> [{quoted}](name=WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NW48rxj8,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-01T11:24:50.313+0000) > > The idea of nautilus being bullied by anyone, especially given what we know about his stature, is incredibly weird to me. This story seems like you’re just cramming Nautilus into Pyke’s lore when the two don’t have to be connected like that. It's not Nautilus being bullied, though, It's Nat. And you can't seriously believe Nautilus' current stature is equal to his former human stature. That would mean that a mere human could be over 30 ft tall.
: Increasingly Frustrated With How Much We Don't Know
There are few things I want to love more than the League lore, but I just can't. The biggest problem for me is how little of the lore actually makes sense. Most decisions made by the narrative team seem to be based off of the rule of cool, and the reasoning is too often just "because magic". Why the hell is Nautilus 50 feet tall? Why does Aurelion Sol range from the size of a star system to the size of a jumbo jet? Why does Malphite range from the size of a mountain to the size of an ordinary human? How was Pyke able to come back from the dead? Why was Tryndamere's rage enough to grant him immortality? What does immortality even mean in a world where spirits and afterlives and reincarnation are the norm - a world where genuine death never seems to actually even occur? If the Darkin were so easy to kill that they were wiped out to the last five, why are they then described as immortal, and why did the last five have to remain trapped in weapons instead of being destroyed after the weapons had served their purpose? Why should we fear the Darkin or the Void or the Watchers when all three of these "Big Bads" had their asses handed to them in Runeterran history? The Darkin were trapped inside their weapons, like chumps. The Watchers were pushed off a bridge, like chumps. And we're supposed to believe they're the biggest threats to the world - I mean, seriously? I could go on and on, but what's the point? All I'll say to the Riot narrative team is, sure, you may have a cult-like following on these boards, but these boards are a *tiny* fraction of the total player-base. Most League fans don't care about the lore, because it's not been fleshed out enough to make any kind of sense. If you want the League lore to be taken seriously outside of these boards, you have to explain the whys and hows. Start with the fundamentals. Give us canonical sizes for Malphite, Aurelion Sol, etc. Explain mortality in Runeterra - who comes back as a ghost, who gets reincarnated, who receives oblivion, and why? Answer once and for all why the last five Darkin had to be trapped within weapons. Explain why the Freljordians are so terrified of the Watchers despite handily defeating them. Integrate such explanations into the game itself so people don't have to scour the Web just to understand what the hell is going on - loading screens are great opportunities. Above all, try to make sense. And please, try not to explain problems away as "magic". (PS: ignore upvotes and downvotes on posts. They usually come from the very young, and do not reflect the sentiments of the wider League fanbase.)
: How Big is Nautilus? I'll tell you for an ale...
Can anyone explain why Nautilus is so big? Is he just huge because Riot thought it'd be cool, or is there an actual story reason for it?
GreenLore (EUW)
: The problem I see with your approach is that it'd be too similar to Pyke(especially noticeable since the 2 are also connected). Both him and Pyke would be undead that went insane and are now killing people because they mistake them for someone else. Besides it seems rather odd that Pyke transformed Nautilus,but then butchers everyone else.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NW48rxj8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-01T06:20:42.107+0000) > > The problem I see with your approach is that it'd be too similar to Pyke(especially noticeable since the 2 are also connected). > > Both him and Pyke would be undead that went insane and are now killing people because they mistake them for someone else. Besides it seems rather odd that Pyke transformed Nautilus,but then butchers everyone else. I don't think they'd be too similar. One would be seeking vengeance, the other redemption. Obviously, they'd both be undead, and related to water, but that'd be a pretty common trope in a place like Bilgewater. And it doesn't seem that odd that Pyke would transform Nautilus but kill everyone else if you imagine that "Nat" was the only one of Pyke's killers who he actually liked, and who showed remorse for what he'd done.
: That....doesn't really fit the big, gruff tin can. His new lore does work because superstitions are very strong in cultures like Bilgewater. Our world even has similar strong beliefs, such as "Don't kill an albatross". When live or die by such strong life styles and beliefs, the moment shit goes bad at the same time someone didn't do what they were supposed to do it will just reinforce the belief. As it stands Nautilus is possibly powered by Nagakaborous like magics thus making him a force of order, while Pyke is simply a wraith driven by anger. No real need to connect their stories.
> [{quoted}](name=Lintu Puck,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NW48rxj8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-31T21:11:42.486+0000) > > That....doesn't really fit the big, gruff tin can. > His new lore does work because superstitions are very strong in cultures like Bilgewater. Our world even has similar strong beliefs, such as "Don't kill an albatross". When live or die by such strong life styles and beliefs, the moment shit goes bad at the same time someone didn't do what they were supposed to do it will just reinforce the belief. As it stands Nautilus is possibly powered by Nagakaborous like magics thus making him a force of order, while Pyke is simply a wraith driven by anger. No real need to connect their stories. I'm not sure how his new lore fits the "big, gruff tin can", as you put it. And your comment about Nagakaborous is pure speculation, so you can't really use it to back up your point.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Crow Nebula

Level 42 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion