: I've received 14 male skin shards and 0 female skin shards in 2019
League is estimated to have a playerbase of over 120 million people. This means that statistically, 240.000 people, has had their first 14 skin shards be of male champions. This is clearly just you being unlucky (or lucky depending on what you want)
: Things(questions) about Ashe
Do yourself a favor and repost this on the r/summonerschool subreddit. A lot of high elo players roam around there, helping newer players and answering questions such as these. I don't play adc so I personally have no clue.
Kylinabdc (OCE)
: GEMSTONE!AND BLUE ESSENCE! Why not give them to friends?
People would start selling blue essence for real money instantly, which is something Riot wants to avoid.
: The reason why it's prob more difficult in bronze is that (other than the reasons in the post) the rest of your team in bronze doesn't have the sense to push a lead. I would encourage op to play jungle, jg is a role that can snowball lanes and take over the game
There was that one Challenger player who got a 100 game winstreak on Janna, on a smurf. I do believe he was duoing, so doesn't really count, but you can definitely also stomp low elo games on other roles, even though Jungle is probably the best.
: > [{quoted}](name=Davaken,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K82fRplE,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-03-04T08:28:31.915+0000) > > So losing in bronze hurt your ego so hard, you had to come to boards to vent your frustrations and justify you losing due to Rito ruining the game? > > That is hilarious and pathethic at the same time. I have never had problems hard stomping matches in low elo. You also base the whole post upon 3 losses, which is not nearly enough to make any reasonable conclusion from. > > Terrible post, but at least it's kinda funny. Losing bronze isn't the issue itself; the issue is the changes to the game that have caused my skill to have less influence in place of other factors like randomness, champion select etc... The current League of Legends is extremely inimical to lead maintenance, because when you die with a lead you give up monstrous amounts of xp and gold that basically even out the playing field. What is my counter play to 1000 shutdown gold? Not ever dying? And if we can agree that it is extremely difficult to keep a lead, you should be able to understand that it is difficult to win consistently in the absence of any significant snowballing.
While I would agree that bounties are a tad bit overtuned atm, I still have no problem keeping a lead. In most of my games, the game is decided early on anyway, especially in bronze where people tilt to ever-living hell. I'm seeing people basically solo-carrying games on champions like Yasuo, Jax, Vayne, Lee Sin and Darius in Diamond, meanwhile you can't even accomplish that in Bronze. Your bounty will also be reduced significantly if your team is very behind in gold. Also, you really shouldn't be dying to bronze players at all, honestly. I don't know what you mean by "randomness" unless you wanna blame your losses on dragon or scuttle spawns, which is a bit of a stretch. Champ select has always been important, always will.
: I am officially uninstalling this game, because I am a diamond player who can't escape Bronze.
So losing in bronze hurt your ego so hard, you had to come to boards to vent your frustrations and justify you losing due to Rito ruining the game? That is hilarious and pathethic at the same time. I have never had problems hard stomping matches in low elo. You also base the whole post upon 3 losses, which is not nearly enough to make any reasonable conclusion from. Terrible post, but at least it's kinda funny.
: Que timer says 54 seconds....
Matchmaking is very rarely revolved around the amount of players active, but rather how the servers are able to handle them.
: One lame thing I think is super common, but no one talks about
Think about it this way: Guinsoos (or whatever the meta build is) on Kai'sa is stronger than Gunblade. In most cases, if you performed well with Gunblade, you would have performed even better with Guinsoos. The better you perform, the higher your chance of winning the game is. Your teammates wants to win the game. Logically, they would want you building Guinsoos, so you perform better, making them win more. Of course, you might think to yourself that Gunblade is stronger than Guinsoos, but that is another discussion. I do think people overreact a little too much to off-meta builds, but I can't really blame them.
: Skill no longer matters in league of legends.
Let's assume that you are better than the average player in your elo. That means you have 4 potentiel monkeys on your team, while the enemy team has 5 potentiel monkeys. Matchmaking is completely random. This means you have a higher chance of winning, due to having less monkeys on your team on than the enemy team, on average. I know it sucks tho. Duoing will make it a lot easier, especially if you find an adc player.
WarWork (NA)
: No hate intended but please can I get an answer
Riot August confirmed on Twitter that they are making some visual changes to her, based on the feedback from the community. I don't blame you for missing it, but Riot "going silent" isn't true.
: Have champion teasers gotten lower quality / less cinematic in the past year?
Champions gets teased in different ways. You can probably expect more video teasers and stuff to come for new champions. Riot delivered some really cool cinematics last year, I really don't think there have been any major budget cuts.
: I get Unsportsmen like even though I didn't start the name calling
Last time I heard the "But he started it!" argument, I was probably in Kindergarden or something. No one cares who started it. Post your chat logs, if you want to argue that you don't deserve the ban.
D3m37r1 (NA)
: {{champion:48}} ult can also turn {{champion:113}} into paper. Idk if that was changed but it's one very specific scenario. No need to change it.
> [{quoted}](name=D3m37r1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mOQdUqld,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-24T01:27:10.982+0000) > > {{champion:48}} ult can also turn {{champion:113}} into paper. Idk if that was changed but it's one very specific scenario. No need to change it. Sejuani's passive only gives 10% of what it used to give after the nerfs, so not really a thing anymore. But yeah, was fun playing Trundle and stealing nearly 200 Armor and Mr
Lexy123 (EUNE)
: Yeah, at that point it is just better to go top as a support/duo top. I am not even kidding, you will get more exp and wont die due to invades from 3 levels higher enemy jungler, and you can take a camp or 2 when you see him on the other side of the map.
> [{quoted}](name=Lexy123,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=658st81A,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-01-29T22:45:00.725+0000) > > Yeah, at that point it is just better to go top as a support/duo top. I am not even kidding, you will get more exp and wont die due to invades from 3 levels higher enemy jungler, and you can take a camp or 2 when you see him on the other side of the map. I truly hope you're joking
Kryptone (EUNE)
: Unpopular Opinion, but I hate URF this time around because...
"Unpopular Opinion" *Proceeds to complain about damage on Boards* **HMMM**
jak kam (EUW)
: Farming junglers are worthless to play
Karthus does nothing but farm and is really strong atm. A few other farm champions out there like Rengar and Shaco. Most farm junglers and tanks are kinda bad, but if you want to play one you still have options.
: > [{quoted}](name=Davaken,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OYtzMp6m,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-03-11T13:28:24.515+0000) > > If you don't want to play with a team, why even play League to start with? "hurr durr my team always sux no matter how well I play". > > There are ALWAYS things you could've done better and help carry the game. And I refuse to believe that your team sucks *every* game, because that is statistically super unlikely. > > So stop crying and start playing better. If you can't accept that your individual skill won't be able to win every single game, don't play a team game in the first place. Oh really? Because when my shitter mid feeds a zed 12 kills in 12 minutes and I’m a 8/0 jinx there isn’t a damn thing I can do to stop him. If I roam up to attempt to help my mid I lose 3 turret plates and a shit ton of cs, so my leads out the window. There isn’t a thing you can do.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OYtzMp6m,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-01-17T01:50:55.834+0000) > > Oh really? Because when my shitter mid feeds a zed 12 kills in 12 minutes and I’m a 8/0 jinx there isn’t a damn thing I can do to stop him. > > If I roam up to attempt to help my mid I lose 3 turret plates and a shit ton of cs, so my leads out the window. > > There isn’t a thing you can do. This is a 2+ year old thread. Playing in the deep depths of D5 changed my opinion and I now agree you and op. Try to be a little earlier next time tho.
: On the recent patch notes why is Ashe labelled as a 'marksperson' and not correctly as a 'marksman'
It was a joke. They make stuff like this all the time. Why are everyone taking this so seriously lmao
: Is hexakill ever coming back?
From what they said about one and a half year ago, they just haven't coded a champion select for 6 players on each team in their new client. Remember that Rito is an indie game company with very low amount of resources, and their one software engineer "Jeff" has been working on trying to get Clash to work for 2 years now, so I think it will be back around 2035 enjoy
: I watched an episode of 'Beyond the Rift' with Scarra and Imaqtpie, and the guest they had on was LS. He suggested that Riot, instead of doing a bunch of minute changes simultaneously, make massive buffs and nerfs to problem champions from each spectrum one or two at a time. If the changes are too extreme, revert the excessive changes, and basically go with a bouncing ball. Not even necessarily doing a rework for a character, just drastically changing numbers for the problems at each end of the meta. It sounds like it might be worth some looking into.
> [{quoted}](name=PyroAeroVampire,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u3M7v7MN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-08T05:46:33.600+0000) > > I watched an episode of 'Beyond the Rift' with Scarra and Imaqtpie, and the guest they had on was LS. He suggested that Riot, instead of doing a bunch of minute changes simultaneously, make massive buffs and nerfs to problem champions from each spectrum one or two at a time. If the changes are too extreme, revert the excessive changes, and basically go with a bouncing ball. Not even necessarily doing a rework for a character, just drastically changing numbers for the problems at each end of the meta. It sounds like it might be worth some looking into. Have you seen the shitstorm that happens on here every time any major buff happens? It might make the game better/more fun, but boards would become an even worse shitshow than it already is
: as an ADC main i kinda have an insight into this.. ADC players are always shit on as the "cry baby" position.. and told we're "being babysat" but at the same time always expected to have these amazing numbers.. if you're an ADC and your KDA isn't positive (assist don't count for some reason) people will talk so much shit.. even if i'm 0/3/17 all they'll see is the 0/3.. and be like "You're such a bad ADC" blah blah blah.. and so that mindset gets burned into us, that we have to have this amazing KDA or else we aren't contributing (even if we're helping in other ways) ADC is a thankless role.. you're expected to carry (literally in the name Attack Damage Carry), but at the same time noone wants to help you get fed enough to make it happen.. people are really toxic to ADC mains for this reason, then get upset when we get toxic back because of how toxic they are to us.. and WE get labeled the toxic role.. so even if you're a good player and YOU realize that the ADC doesn't have to have the kills, they're probably worried about how other people are gonna look at them.. they wanna save face and have this amazing KDA.. the boards are so guilty of this.. anytime you make a good argument, someone will go and look at your match history and KDA and judge your entire point on that, even if your match history doesn't reflect your skill at all.. unfortunately KDA doesn't reflect skill because of situations like this one.. anyway.. i'm sorry that happened to you..
I suggest becoming a jungle main and become the official Team Chat Verbal Punching Bag™ But then again, I feel like pretty much all roles get flamed to shit in most games, maybe with the exception of midlane (which is flamed slightly less for some reason).
Moody P (NA)
: Why do Vanguards keep getting the short end of the design stick?
"Nunu was the king of objectives and turned into a carry-buffer in teamfights (something I'm now pining for as I watch them all get reworked); as far as tank reworks go, he's easily the best, but I'm still not really satisfied with it now that it's settled in." WHAT. Please explain to me how he's more of a carry buffer now. Not like they nerfed his buffing to oblivion and actually made it be interactive and have counterplay. Nunu went from being king of objectives + carry buffer to king of objectives + cc engage + peel for carries
Fízz v2 (EUW)
: pls give fizz an actual rework too ty :]
> [{quoted}](name=Fízz v2,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=LMJO2xwO,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-08-14T20:23:25.198+0000) > > pls give fizz an actual rework too ty :] He's gotta be looooooooong down on the list. Maybe a few years?
mirAcIe (EUW)
: 4 most well designed champions in League of Legends
I think new Eve is designed pretty well tbh, tho she is probaly overtuned rn.
: So... We just revert W, I guess?
I really hope not. The old W was the most braindead ability ever, you just pressed it and forgot about it. The new one takes actual skill to use.
: Ghostcrawler Lane Swap / Queue Dodge / Whatever
Malak (NA)
: Since we're buffing ultimates now
I remember watching clips of a Karthus in URF oneshotting 3 people over and over again every time they spawned with his R. I fully support this change! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Yasuo isn't picked in pro play. Want to know how many picks he has across 4 and half *seasons*? 494. That's number 76. Here's the newer champions that have been picked more than him: Gnar, Tahm Kench, Azir, Jhin, Kalista, Taliyah, Rakan, Camile, Xayah, Ornn, Ekko, Kindred, Zoe, and Bard. Bard is the one with the closest amount of picks to him, and still is ahead by over 100 picks.
I don't think you get the point he was trying to make. While Yasuo historically haven't been picked much, he has been getting picked somewhat often ever since Spring Split/MSI earlier this year, which was really exciting to a lot of people. (I can still remember the Hype when Caps started playing it all of a sudden). Riot wanting to buff him to make sure he will remain picked at Worlds is at least a somewhat reasonable assumption, in my opinion.
: > [{quoted}](name=Davaken,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OXo5ZwRm,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-06T13:03:41.131+0000) > > I mean, Nidalee is really really bad lategame but insanely strong early. Winning on Nidalee isn't just "I win early game that means I did well", ofc you win early game on nidalee. What makes Nidalee hard to perform with is that you need to push your lead hard and win before you get outscaled hard. Yeah that's what sucks about her, atleast buff it a lil or something because it's just impossible really.
> [{quoted}](name=Summonah12369,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OXo5ZwRm,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-06T14:02:22.856+0000) > > Yeah that's what sucks about her, atleast buff it a lil or something because it's just impossible really. idk she's sitting at 51% winrate 10% playrate, doesn't look like someone who needs a buff to me. I would like tho if they took out some of her power early game and made her better late
: > [{quoted}](name=Davaken,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OXo5ZwRm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-06T10:13:59.848+0000) > > I'm not sure what there is to say. You are unranked in soloQ, won 4/10 of your placement games. This isn't what being hardstuck at all is like. Sure, you have lost a lot of your recent games, but that is more likely due to either bad luck, tilt or you playing Nidalee who is a pretty difficult champion to perform well with. I've been maining Nidalee for quite some time now, and even in my most recent game on her I dominated early game, but, we failed to push to the base. it's like she just falls off late game no matter what. These losing streaks come and go from me, they come often and stay for ages, then I'm given a short winning streak, very short, then week long losing streaks strike again and again.
> [{quoted}](name=Summonah12369,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OXo5ZwRm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-06T10:32:31.576+0000) > > I've been maining Nidalee for quite some time now, and even in my most recent game on her I dominated early game, but, we failed to push to the base. it's like she just falls off late game no matter what. These losing streaks come and go from me, they come often and stay for ages, then I'm given a short winning streak, very short, then week long losing streaks strike again and again. I mean, Nidalee is really really bad lategame but insanely strong early. Winning on Nidalee isn't just "I win early game that means I did well", ofc you win early game on nidalee. What makes Nidalee hard to perform with is that you need to push your lead hard and win before you get outscaled hard.
: I'm not sure WHY this losing is happening to me.
I'm not sure what there is to say. You are unranked in soloQ, won 4/10 of your placement games. This isn't what being hardstuck at all is like. Sure, you have lost a lot of your recent games, but that is more likely due to either bad luck, tilt or you playing Nidalee who is a pretty difficult champion to perform well with.
PooWho (NA)
: Can Ashe Carry?
Dude, for the first like 2 years of playing I never saw a single Ashe who didn't feed her ass off all game lmao. It got better luckily
: WHAT CHAMP SHOULD I BUY!?!?!?!
{{champion:427}} Join the Ivern masterrace.
NexonKim (NA)
: Why am i punished for going Spellthief while my adc/botlaner afks out of the game
Because Riot doesn't want you to get gold from minions and a support item? Because they want to keep the game somewhat balanced? I know this very specific scenario sucks, but you really shouldn't be going with a support item if you aren't support anyone.
: > [{quoted}](name=Davaken,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bkZpn7yI,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-24T18:21:32.038+0000) > > Nope, Krugs give more exp than other camps, even with the reduced exp gain on first clear. You do get lvl 3 of Red krugs scuttle. Feel free to try it out. I mean just look at any advanced post game graph. Junglers are ALWAYS ahead in exp by 3 min.
Still doesn't make it easy to gank with a level lead
  Rioter Comments
: Red krugs scuttle is still just level 2
Nope, Krugs give more exp than other camps, even with the reduced exp gain on first clear. You do get lvl 3 of Red krugs scuttle. Feel free to try it out.
yukumari (NA)
: Just got back from a 13 Day trip with no wifi...
Jump in and take a few games yourself. I don't play too much top so I can't say too much about it, except that Darius is really strong, so you might wanna ban him if you're going to pick something that he's good against. Also, don't let Board discourage you from playing the game, this place has, and will probaly always be overly negative.
Glîtchy (NA)
: Isn't it odd?
Are you seriously using that as an excuse?
: i hit level 100
TSM Legends: Sèx Crazed Eve
: > [{quoted}](name=Davaken,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bkZpn7yI,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-07-24T13:22:39.223+0000) > > It makes sense for junglers to be able to 1v1 laners early, they have powerful temporary buffs and almost always all their cooldowns up. Besides, a lot of meta junglers rn are early game duelists so they should definitely be able to 1v1 sololaners. > > You could argue that some champions does this a little too easily, like Xin Zhao or Udyr. In that case I would agree, Riot could nerf their early damage, then maybe give them some lategame compensation buffs, just to make them less oppressive early game. It really doesnt make sense from a gameplay perspective, considering how insanely dependant laners are on actually being in the lane for creep exp and gold it gives a role that can only be contested by itself way too much power over the early game, and considering that most games dont even go over 20/25minutes it gives junglers insane amount of power over the game. Ganking lanes should be about turning a 1v1 into a 2v1 and thats why you win, instead of the jungler winning the engagement on his own.
> it really doesnt make sense from a gameplay perspective, considering how insanely dependant laners are on actually being in the lane for creep exp and gold Just like junglers are insanely dependant on constantly killing camps for gold and exp. I don't see your point. > it gives a role that can only be contested by itself This is just simply not true. I could write a an insanely long essay on how top, mid and especially supports can completely shut down a jungler, mainly but definitely not limited to placing vision. With everyone being able to see respawns on buffs, you can also easily track the opposing jungler with just the respawn timer and a single deep ward or two. > Ganking lanes should be about turning a 1v1 into a 2v1 and thats why you win, instead of the jungler winning the engagement on his own. Depends on what you mean by jungler winning the engagement on his own. When I gank I very rarely kill the opponent myself, unless they're sitting on like 20% hp. Only a few junglers can actually reliable pull something like that off, and most of them probaly needs nerfs (like Xin Zhao again), not the jungle itself.
: "A lot of rioters prefer to write up their thoughts on bigger topics into dev corner - Riot Calad"
I've seen Meddler respond to comments about him a few times. Can't remember the conclusion.
: Currently D2 61% WR and I want to address it again: REWORK DARIUS
Nah, just nerf him and force him to go Black Cleaver instead of Trinity early.
: > [{quoted}](name=Davaken,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bkZpn7yI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-24T13:02:41.971+0000) > > So make junglers completely unable to gank after first clear? After the scuttle jungle nerfs? eh. Junglers should be able to gank aftr first clear but they shouldnt be higher level than the laners after first clear, aka they shouldnt have the stats to solo kill a laner. Ganking and putting pressure in a 2v1 is fine, ganking in a position where in a 1v1 you would probably win is a problem in early game. Most junglers have very strong base stats now and their clear is way too fast.
It makes sense for junglers to be able to 1v1 laners early, they have powerful temporary buffs and almost always all their cooldowns up. Besides, a lot of meta junglers rn are early game duelists so they should definitely be able to 1v1 sololaners. You could argue that some champions does this a little too easily, like Xin Zhao or Udyr. In that case I would agree, Riot could nerf their early damage, then maybe give them some lategame compensation buffs, just to make them less oppressive early game.
: They can still gank, just not at 100% hp with double buffs and a level ahead :)
Ganking at 100% with double buffs and a level ahead is already almost impossible (at least early). Ever since the changes, it has gotten very hard to do a level three gank before your laners hit lvl 3. Only way to do it reliably would be Red --> Krugs --> Scuttle, but that is without double-buffs. Maaaaybe you can rush lvl 4 and get a gank off while your laners are lvl 3? Pretty sure one of your buffs would've ran out by then tho.
Giani A7X (EUNE)
: We need more ways to earn BE
The new system gives you more BE than the old system gave you IP. You can read about this here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/hAaYMrEs-leveling-and-rewards-early-impressions-and-adjustments
: REVERT FIZZ W
The changes were supposed to be power neutral, but they ended up nerfing him quite a bit. Riot already confirmed that he will get buffs next patch, so he can get to a spot of similar power, as before the changes. The changes have in general been received well, but the numbers were just made too low that is all.
: NERF JUNGLERS
So make junglers completely unable to gank after first clear? After the scuttle jungle nerfs? eh.
: That logic would work if the meta for all the runes hadn't been solved and if the runes were designed to actually compete with each other There is no way in hell you are running a rune that isn't aftershock on leona. I have seen one player not use klepto on ezreal throughout the entire season (that person was me. btw, did you know that summon aery will shield teammates you hit with essence flux?) The entirety of the precision tree is to go 2,1,1 down the tree as your choices (and up til now always picking fleet footwork, and even today fleet footwork is still required on a bunch of adcs). Picking something else or diverging from that path basically loses you the game. Even resolve got dumbed down by the removal of iron skin/mirror shell as tactical choices to only having conditioning as an option for resistances. And right now literally everyone that dips into the resolve tree goes boneplating+second wind. The new rune system in it's entirety fails to deliver the option of choice just as badly as the old mastery system did. Except, one big thing to note, is that a bunch of champs have extreme rune synergies (lucian with PTA, Sion with comet), and a bunch of others have nothing to work with (why is the most popular/best rune on poppy summon aery, that's not even a tank rune). Take a look at urgot, his most popular rune is to rune comet+scorch. The playstyle that is encouraged with this rune set is to use your Q (which is a mana cheap ability that slows enemies) to trigger comet and to focus on harassing your melee lane opponent. This doesn't support his shotgun knees, this doesn't support him using his W, and it does nothing out of lane. The reason why urgot exists, the playstyle he's supposed to be doing, the cool target locked, circle them and mow them down with your shotgun knees theme he's supposed to have, that can't and isn't being supported by the runes right now. But he has to use this comet because he has to pick a keystone so he picks the one that hurts him the least. Which is sad when other champs are picking keystones they feel the best with. This is why the runes are worse. They didn't fix anything regarding choice or meta but what has changed is that a bunch of champs don't have good runes to run because the system hasn't gotten around to cater to them. Remember, it took half the season, _6 months_ for them to put in conqueror so the entire bruiser class didn't feel like shit. And there's still so many other champs out there that have been suffering for even longer.
I honestly agree with just about everything you said. While the concept of the new rune system is a lot better in theory (at least in my opinion) the execution of it definitely has a ton of flaws. Riot hasn't done nearly enough to change up the runes and make your rune setup actually differ from game to game. To me, in a good rune system, a champion should almost never take the same runes every game, but instead pick them depending on the game and the matchup. That is where the new rune system fails imo (just as the old rune system).
: There was nothing wrong with the last Runes + mastery system
The old system had plenty of problems. Not saying the new one is flawless, but the old one definitely had a lot of core design problems that made changes to it necessary. The biggest difference between the new and old system is the way choices are made. In the old rune system, you had an almost overwhelming amount of choices, yet not a single of them felt impactful on its own. Sure, you could probaly feel the difference between a full armor rune page + a fully defensive mastery page and a fully offensive rune + mastery page, but the individual choices were barely noticeable. Let's compare: In the new system, you pick 5 runes. That means you will have 5 choices in total in pregame for runes and masteries. Every single one of these choices can clearly be felt in-game. Versus: In the old system you had 30 runes total, and your masteries gave you 30 points to put in the mastery trees. This means the old system had 60 individual choices, yet not a single one felt individually impactful in game, except maybe for the Keystone you picked. Considering that you also have to choose role, champion, summoner spells and skin in the pregame, I think you could easily make the argument that the old system had too many choices that didn't feel interesting or impactful at all. Reducing them to less, more impactful choices makes for a much smoother and less confusing champ select, and also encourages new playstyles and builds. That is, at least the idea behind it.
Show more

Davaken

Level 148 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion