: True Damage splash art
Glad Akali got one, she was missing a pop star skin. Think Ahri, Kai'Sa and Evelynn could form a cool femme-fatale combo for a band though, wish Riot'd explored that instead.
: So which Legendary Permanant did everyone get?
Some Snow Corki, which I'm pretty sure was dumped in the legacy vault because it doesn't compare to other Legendary skins, much like Annie's. Rather disappointed, but meh.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 12
How's Lissandra looking with the new balance framework? Does she have space to be made less janky to play? Q CD nerf early and late made her less fluid to play, and she gets shoved in by every other mid laner. Feelsbadman.
Moody P (NA)
: You can tell the exact moment when Riot punishes you for winning too much
I want to say this is just paranoid mumbo jumbo but at the same time, I also sometimes get these massive loss streaks where my own performance stops mattering because every lane loses. BTW, it's "could NOT care less", to imply you are at the minimum fucks given point. If you could care less, it means you care to some degree and you could potentially care less. But I presume you couldn't care less about getting the expression right.
Rioter Comments
VNRG (EUW)
: Rune Pages deleted AGAIN?????
Yup, my runepages were just deleted this morning as well. Seems to just happen randomly even if I close off the League client properly? Closed it yesterday after playing a game, shut off the computer, booted this morning and lol. I wish Riot would at least acknowledge that something's up, but meh.
iiSéy (NA)
: That's basically {{champion:122}} Darius's Winrate too.. Lissandra was too broken, she got hard nerfed and probably will get buffed, but what about our poor poor boy Darius, what did he ever do wrong?
I'm not sure, she was considered balanced at her 46% old winrate and she's still at 47% now. Wouldn't surprise me if Riot assessed she's in a good state now. Darius put down Riven players and we can't have that.
Smyrage (EUNE)
: My thoughts about the general balance of the game
Honestly, the way I'd solve Ezreal's Muramana addiction is to give it to him hard. ARCANE EXPLORER Ezreal gains 2 mana every time he casts a spell, and an extra 2 whenever he damages at least one enemy champion with a spell. When Ezreal reaches 1000 bonus mana, he stops gaining mana and instead deals additional damage equal to 1% of his maximum mana with basic attacks and abilities. There we go, Muramana can be removed.
: > [{quoted}](name=ASilenceof3Parts,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aRwLGY3r,comment-id=000b000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-10T22:10:56.714+0000) > > I love everyone complaining because champions that were pick bans for literally 8 months got nerfed to maybe slightly weak states but yet those same people complain away when tanks, which have been gone from the game for a year now, are even mentioned in buffs. > > Leave aatrox the way he is. Nerf urgot back down. Let some new picks actually be good up there for a bit, preferably ones we haven't seen in a while like tanks, fiora, camille, gp, etc. Aatrox was only ever a pick/ban in pro play as I said already, a 50% winrate that goes down with game length isn't broken the last time i checked and Aatrox having one of the lowest winrates in Top right now isn't just 'slightly weak', either. He isn't even that strong early anymore when compared to other earlygame champs and he only gets worse as the game goes on. (Also when did I ever even mention tanks??) He was perfectly fine in SoloQ but was straight up gutted because of pro play, I don't see how you find that at all reasonable. (Urgot I understand because he was one of the best tops in both pro and soloq before his nerfs)
I think this is one of League's most annoying issues, in that I hardly care for pro play but my main Lissandra gets completely gutted because she's strong in pro play. Impressive waveclear indeed. It's absolutely frustrating to see champions who are OK or maybe slightly strong in soloQ get gutted "because pro play" but problematic champions are passed over and left as-is because they're not a big pro play problem. I'm almost convinced Riot's aiming to balance the game around ~25 champs, and the reason we see Cassiopeia buffs is because Riot's comfortable seeing the same old plays. Heavens forbid a pro picks {{champion:45}} and consistently wins with him, he'll probably be gutted before LCS is even over.
Kobune (EUW)
: When will Riot do something about Shaco ?
Isn't a 52% winrate pretty good? He seems to be doing well. My personal experience with Shaco has also been that he's pretty strong. You say winrate isn't everything, but it does suggest he's in a good spot. When Lissandra was played exclusively by mains, her winrate was lower than Shaco's, but people considered her balanced.
Rioter Comments
: About the need of /remake in Aram
But how would it interact with rerolls? What if I re-rolled twice, got Fiddlesticks (let's be real, every other game has a Fiddlesticks), then some jerk remakes? Should the system remember my Fiddles and give it to me? What about the re-rolls I used?
: 1) Be careful when trying to speak for others. Morgana was LOVED as a mid laner by those who played her there. I'm sure a lot will speak up in this thread. I personally Mid/Jung/Top/Support her and have over 3.4 Million Mastery between accounts. 2) Q is rarely a support tool. Minions are in the way most of the entire lane, which is why support feels compelled to get Mobis on her. 2 seconds isn't going to hurt it as a support tool for anything but being able to miss and forgive. If anything, a damaging W is more of a support tool, because it zones where they walk, is easier to hit. 3) 10 detracted shield absorption from her E isn't going to break her support role. It still blocks the CC, some damage, and the AP scaling on it is still quite large. If anything, right now, most Morg supports feel forced to max it, because the rest of her kit is unreliable in bot lane.
> If anything, right now, most Morg supports feel forced to max it, because the rest of her kit is unreliable in bot lane. Curiously, according to Lolalytics, a vast majority of support Morgana max Q first. At level 6, around 37% will go Q W E Q Q R, and around 19% go Q E W Q Q R, with another 17% going W Q E Q Q R. Every other group is a minority, with Morgana who have level 3 Black Shield at level 6 generally trending towards lower winrates than all other Morgana. I read this statement as meaning Morgana maxes E first because "the rest of her kit is unreliable in bot lane", but the data suggests most prefer Q, and those who feel forced to maximise E also produce lower win rates. Conversely, most Mid lane Morgana players appear to max her W first. Where's the idea come from that most Morg supports feel forced to max it, when a sizeable chunk maxes it last? (And still wins games.)
Barcid (NA)
: Spear of Shojin is a testament to the utterly idiotic balancing in this game
Basically you buy Spear of Shojin when you want to live longer, hit harder, hit faster.
: Patch 9.3 notes
I thought Riot allowed players to define the meta? Camille seems to be picked more in the jungle than in the top lane, so why nerf her for jungle then? Wouldn't it make sense to embrace her being a jungler now and nerf accordingly?
SickAnto (EUW)
: Ashe: Warmother vol. 2 is awesome!
I wanted her to live. I also want to see a comic with Lissandra in it now, more than ever.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dessem,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85wAEIdV,comment-id=006a,timestamp=2018-12-21T00:46:44.883+0000) > > Fiddlesticks. Why though?
Statcheck champion, mostly. There's no real counterplay to Silence and Fear (especially the latter), fighting him is a question of, "Will I be alive when Fear ends?" and "Can I burst him down harder than he drains me?" Low interactivity, damage from bounces and ult are ambient and don't allow for much skill expression. Very disruptive to champions like Nunu, Garen with click-based 2s disables, while not requiring much skill on Fiddles' part. Unavoidable. Hard to appreciate a good Fiddle's skill expression because it looks similar to a bad Fiddles, despite the former being much stronger.
: What is, in your opinion, the worst designed champion in this game?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: December 12
What's Lissandra's performance look like now?
PriTery (EUW)
: Rune pages gone
Happened to me as well. Looks like an EUW problem, so Riot probably doesn't care as much.
: in sorakas new skin can her skin please be purple
Or heck, make Chromas with different skin colours. Wanna taste purple? Make it default. Human white Elsa cosplay? Chroma. Black Elsa cosplay? Chroma. Live the dream and be green ogre Soraka? Chroma.
: I sense some noxian bias here... it seems like even mediocre noxian stories get disproportionately high votes.
It was a hard one for me, but ultimately I enjoyed Ysard's tale a bit more. Kai'Sa's story, disregarding the character itself, is interesting and it's one of those first-person narratives where there's an actual, distinct voice, but... I just didn't enjoy its plot so much.
: Your Shop Returns
I'd like to re-roll. :(
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: December 5
Last time, I asked about making ADCs feel less homogenous by sharpening their identities; less focus on how they burst down targets, bit more focus on what sets them apart from each other. Is it a possibility, or is current homogenous state acceptable (for now)? Something like Kog'Maw's W gradually ramping up damage when hitting consecutively, or Twitch's poison taking up a bigger part of identity, maybe?
: I'm confused now... What was so toxic about having spell vamp on an item with AP? They seem to have no qualms about adding it to both a hybrid item and an AD item...
Most mages won't buy Gunblade or Death's Dance, basically. Balanced by virtue of hving shit stats for mages.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0034000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:19:43.933+0000) > > Ok wait, are we really saying Nami, _a fish_ is over sexualized? who next? Ori? Characters can only be sexualized if they are entirely human and if any part of them (waist down for example) is not human then they _cannot_ be sexual in any way.
Ah, so that's why Evelynn isn't sexual, because she's got tentacles.
: Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl
> more fleshed out female characters Well, they have flesh indeed... Jokes aside, nice post. I'd be happy to see less boob-monsters, too. Can't stand 'em.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 30
Marksmen tend to look a bit homogenous, in that they all have the same goal in a teamfight (burst down the closest threat). Have there been any discussions internally to sharpen the distinctions of marksmen by doubling down on their "identity"? I think Ashe for example is a great example of a "unique" marksman with her map and zone control, even if her popularity is rather crappy. I think it'd be interesting if we had more marksmen that define their teamfight presence by more than their damage output: feels like popularity is still too strongly dictated by their effectiveness at bursting down enemies instead of their particular identities.
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=KmSneaky,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=REtoWqcq,comment-id=000300000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T11:57:02.167+0000) > > my point is jax has always been a problem, whatever patch it was, he just benefits from every stat too well, on top of having too much free stats in his kit, nocturne is a more balanced version of a kit with innate stats imo. (even tho his press R in the current meta is stupid :X) Jax was never a problem. Look at season 2,3,4,5,6 jax stats, he was never this dominant. Games now are all about 2v2 and 3v3 constantly and guess who the best champ is for that. And games now are decided before the first 5v5 or baron so jax never has to play in a teamfight so he dominates. Also the fact that towers hit like wet noodles doesn't help.
Wait, turrets do damage? I thought those were just cosmetic vfx?
: Wait, those are the actual numbers? Edit: I think Neeko is going to have the Zoe problem, because her passive nor her w doesn't do any damage, so they have to make up for that in other abilities, which is why the ratios are as high as they are.
Fuck when I first saw her splash I thought it was a new Zoe skin. Neeko is Zoe already!
: Neeko is a dumb pander to the LGBT community for money
> My only complaint is that she's too similar to zoe in such a short time, I saw the image before I read it was the champ teaser, seriously thought it was a new Zoe skin.
: Pyjama Guardians Short Story: The Slumber Party Summoning
I liked the overall story. The prose disappoints in some spots; lots of adjectives (show, don't tell), Lux informing us with certainty what others are thinking. But either way, I liked the overall piece, and in the end that's what a story's about. I especially liked how in the end, Miss Fortune decides to get closer to Lux. It's a nice juxtaposition to her early attitude (easily the least interested of them all), though I kinda would've liked to see the entire thing narrated from _her_ point of view. For a short story, there's no real conflict for Lux: she's just troubled she has unexpected visitors who may or may not like her, but without her doing _anything_ in the story, something changes anyway. Would've been nice if protagonist and narrator were the same person, y'know? Even short stories have a plot. Anyway, again, I still enjoyed it.
: Black Market Brawlers was 3 and a half years ago?! Holy fuck
Was about to post this very same post. Man, I wish BMB came back, that was fun.
: _Eyyyy._ I'd offer a clan invite but I have my doubts you play on NA. :P
Wow, revival. I actually do play on the NA server (series of bad decisions). IGN: Shardmind Feel free to hit me up for a division or whatever, whenever. I don't have Tier 10s though.
Eedat (NA)
: I'm not "triggered" by you throwing insults.
> I'm not going to just deal with you spending 10 minutes afk typing paragraphs at people. Well, technically AFK means Away From Keyboard, which'd make it hard to type...
Ætheist (NA)
: {{champion:145}} - Make the "allied CC applies Plasma stacks" part of her passive unlock at level 6, like Eve's stealth. I'm not sure how strong Aatrox actually is. Pros tend to favor champions who have the damage to fight when even or the CC/disruption to contribute when behind. We've seen it before with Maokai, Ornn, Gnar, and now Aatrox and Urgot. There's a level of pragmatism to these picks, so judging their strengths based on pro play is tricky.
You know, I never even realised that was part of Kai'Sa's kit. She has so much going on.
: Share your OWN thoughts on how you'd nerf Kai'Sa, Graves, Irelia, Aatrox, Urgot & Akali
{{champion:145}}: Kai'Sa receives upgrades from her suit, depending on a specific playstyle she opts into. Currently, whatever she plays she'll often wind up unlocking all the upgrades. Completing her third item unlocked all bonuses. By removing the downscaling per level, Kai'Sa needs to invest a little more in AD to improve her Icathian Rain, whereas Void Seeker's more strictly for AP builds and Supercharge takes a bit more investment to be supercharged. No more triple-dipping to enjoy all the benefits, Kai'Sa's third item determines what she unlocks instead of just unlocking it all. Icathian Rain: LIVING WEAPON: Requires 100 − 71.1 (based on level) bonus attack damage to upgrade >>> Requires 110 bonus attack damage to upgrade Void Seeker: LIVING WEAPON: Requires 100 ability power to upgrade >>> Requires 120 ability power to upgrade Supercharge: LIVING WEAPON: Requires 100% − 69.4% (based on level) bonus attack speed to upgrade >>> Requires 115% bonus attack speed to upgrade {{champion:104}} Graves is a champion who is good at clearing the jungle quickly. He has good mobility with additional tank built into that mobility. He does a lot of burst damage in a big area, and also has a zoning tool to disorient enemies. With so many strengths, something's gotta give. We're hitting the Smoke Screen: enemies'll have a bit more ability to escape the smoke screen, and it hits less hard. Smoke Screen: ~~SLOWS ENEMIES~~ | MAGIC DAMAGE: 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 (+ 60% AP) >>> 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (+ 60% AP) {{champion:39}} Irelia's Flawless Duet is a bit too flawless. Increasing the cooldown gives her opponents more time to punish a flawed duet, while reducing Irelia's sustain ensures that punishment sticks for a little longer before the bladedancer surges in again. Bladesurge: HEAL: 12 / 14 / 16 / 18 / 20% AD >>> 3 + 5 / 8 / 12 / 15% AD Flawless Duet: TARGET RANGE: 850 >>> 750 | COOLDOWN: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 >>> 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 {{champion:266}} Being struck by The Darkin Blade's edge hurts a little too much now, so we're shaving off some damage. Getting hit should be punishing, but not send you back to fountain so quickly. The Darkin Blade: FIRST SWING DAMAGE: 10 / 25 / 40 / 55 / 70 (+ 64 / 68 / 72 / 76 / 80% AD) >>> 5 / 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 (+ 64 / 68 / 72 / 76 / 80% AD) {{champion:6}} Urgot develops into a strong late-game champion, but his early game defences are a bit too tough to crack for many opponents. Increasing the cooldown on Purge should give opponents more time to fight Urgot. Purge: COOLDOWN: 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 >>> 15 / 13.5 / 12 / 10.5 / 9 {{champion:84}} No damn clue where I'd even start on this one.
: there are two kinds of countries, those that have metric, and those who have put astronauts on the moon
> [{quoted}](name=The Öutcast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=X4s2p4pl,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-10-16T09:23:29.430+0000) > > there are two kinds of countries, those that have metric, and those who have put astronauts on the moon I assume you already know lots of countries put astronauts on the moon, and very few of them use the American system.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 12
Any chance we can get a listen to the VO work you guys did for Miss Fortune? Just as a point of interest, with full understanding it won't be added to Live.
: Thanks for the heads up! I saw that on an internal playtest yesterday, but figured it was just a bug for us. Surprised to hear thatits also live, will make sure to look into it!
Bug appears to be primarily when the health relic spawns while out of sight for me. Hope that helps.
Rioter Comments
Ifneth (NA)
: Of _course_ it’s a balance complaint. You’re just frustrated that an assassin killed you quickly, heard somewhere that pro gamers retire because their reflexes are bad, and are just telling yourself you’re ‘too old’ so that you don’t have to try and fail to escape them again. Then, since you also heard that damage was lower in the past, you put this video on a thread and hoped that having Faker in it would make people just nod and agree. But the real reason is that you just can’t or won’t handle fast micro. Faker’s outplay of Ryu involved about half a dozen split-second decisions and would have failed had he, on such low health, had hesitated for even a moment. You, on the other hand, were just relaxing in solo-queue after work when suddenly Zed jumped out and popped you because you were tired, distracted, or just gave up because this definitely wasn’t the first time an assassin killed you fast. Cue the tilt and, with this thread, the reeeee. League of Legends requires you to think ahead and, if something suddenly happens, react instinctively. That comes with practice, attention, and honest reflection. Deciding that you just won’t think about that assassin, getting killed, deciding that you just won’t do anything next time, and then getting more frustrated until you post to the Boards in resignation is none of these things.
You make a lot of assumptions about someone just to engage in a verbose ad hominem.
Ifneth (NA)
: How much health did you have, and were you wearing any armor? Killing an injured, unarmored target fast is what Zed and Talon _do_.
Again, no complaint about whether it's balanced or not. Just that it's way too fast for me to keep up with.
: Four words: **play a different game.** Three more words: _**World of Warships.**_
I actually do play World of Warships a lot now, instead of the League matches. :D I can react as slow as a potato and justify it by saying I'm in a BB! Fantastic!
Jaygo41 (NA)
: I will literally take Lee, Elise, Zac, Sejuani, and Rek'Sai
Only one of those four I hate is Kayn, but mostly on principle of hating utility tank assassins. Graves is more of a reliable hyperscaling early-game bully with a good midgame. You can punish Graves's team when he backs and you have a 10s window of opportunity before Graves slides into your KDA.
: Kha and eve is actually broken right now. There’s is actually no counterplay. Eve doesn’t even need charm to one shot someone and get away with her ult. Kha is just.. one shot by one shot with e rest. Are they ever gonna get nerfed..
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 5
You mention Black Cleaver's health keeping it for tanks and beefy fighters, but it's often bought by assassins as well. What do you think would need to happen for BC to stop being an attractive purchase for assassins?
Rioter Comments
: I'm Still Furious about Sejuani.
> gave her a passive that doesnt work in combat, on a champion who was designed to moshpit and fight for extended periods (SHES A TANK YOU GUYS DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?) To be fair, her passive lasts about as long as a teamfight after that first hit. If history is anything to go by, then in two seasons her passive'll last long enough for two teamfights and she'll be the only tank with enough stats to survive an ADC's burst long enough to use an ability. Not because of Sejuani buffs, mind, her dash will be half its current length and her ult only stuns for half a second, but because (ADC) burst will probably be completely out of control.
Show more

Dessem

Level 181 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion