Meddler (NA)
: Probably something on PBE today. We were looking at making plants briefly untargetable on spawn so that they didn't get immediately one shot by melee Zyra had rooted. Got some feedback from Zyra players that that removed their ability to spawn plants to stop skillshots however. Still looking at other approaches there. In the meantime we're testing increasing her root duration slightly at all levels (1.0-2.0, from 0.75-1.75).
Just make them invulnerable instaed of untargetable for the same duration?
Chermorg (NA)
: LP gain/loss is always based on what the matchmaking system thinks is your chance of winning the game, and more significantly on your MMR in comparison to the MMR of your rank (division/tier and LP within that). Matchmaking tries to get every game to be equally matched within 1% chance of winning - i.e. each side has a 50+/-1% chance of winning (so the most disparity would be 51% chance one side and 49% chance the other side). If your team is on the 51% side, and you lose, that may cause a very small shift in your LP from the baseline gain/loss - 1 LP or so. Now, the baseline is calculated from your MMR in comparison to where you are standing in the ladder. If your MMR is at a Gold 2 level, but you're ranked Gold 1, the system will "take" more LP from you when you lose, and give you less when you win - because the system is trying to move you to the rank that fits your MMR. In your case, it sounds like you may be on the ladder slightly higher than the system thinks you should be - and so the system is trying to find the balance between you and those around you. That being said, 18-20 and 17-19 are within 1 LP of each other - this could also be very well due to random matchmaking and/or team skill - especially in Diamond/Master.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=21HY6J0y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-17T13:01:47.423+0000) > > LP gain/loss is always based on what the matchmaking system thinks is your chance of winning the game, and more significantly on your MMR in comparison to the MMR of your rank (division/tier and LP within that). Matchmaking tries to get every game to be equally matched within 1% chance of winning - i.e. each side has a 50+/-1% chance of winning (so the most disparity would be 51% chance one side and 49% chance the other side). If your team is on the 51% side, and you lose, that may cause a very small shift in your LP from the baseline gain/loss - 1 LP or so. > > Now, the baseline is calculated from your MMR in comparison to where you are standing in the ladder. If your MMR is at a Gold 2 level, but you're ranked Gold 1, the system will "take" more LP from you when you lose, and give you less when you win - because the system is trying to move you to the rank that fits your MMR. In your case, it sounds like you may be on the ladder slightly higher than the system thinks you should be - and so the system is trying to find the balance between you and those around you. > > That being said, 18-20 and 17-19 are within 1 LP of each other - this could also be very well due to random matchmaking and/or team skill - especially in Diamond/Master. That's the point. The whole "the system thinks you belong to X elo" thing is messed up, it doesn't seem to follow the same criteria for all the players.
Rioter Comments
Kaipop (NA)
: No they don’t, it must be something else. It does pop banshee with Ludens. I’m not sure what else works, perhaps scorch.
I'm 95% positive that plants pop banshee and the only reason why I'm not 100% sure is that you can always be wrong about something, can't test it right now tho Edit: I just tested it on my incredibly slow laptop and I noticed that Q plants pop banshee while E plants don't, that's interesting LOL
iPogoZ (NA)
: I don't see how {{item:3916}} is Any different that old {{item:3136}} . They give exact same MRpen. Also new {{item:3151}} is a much better as a later item as the 10% damage applies to her high base damage and the burn is much better since its max hp% so if you burst any targe for 50% hp or more it does much more damage {{item:3040}} is super strong which does hurt zyra but again the max hp changes to {{item:3151}} acually increase the burn damage in most situations {{item:3001}} got changed to no longer be built on mages so now ther are no champions that build mr items as a core item so most champions will only have {{item:3111}} by the completion of both mids 2 items {{item:3135}} applies before flat MRpen so it's is a really good rushed item Rushing {{item:3916}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3135}} will tend to give you around 94% magic damage on most mages if the build only {{item:3111}} and they're core items. If they go for other mr options then they will lose most trades as they have spent a lot of gold On a rather ineffective counter build and will be behind on they're core items. You complain that {{item:3111}} {{item:1033}} {{item:3155}} {{item:3211}} counter this build so let me do the math for you; Most champions have about 35 base mr at level 13. {{item:3916}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3135}} vs {{item:3111}} you would deal 94% damage {{item:3916}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3135}} vs {{item:1033}} you would deal 97% damage {{item:3916}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3135}} vs {{item:3155}} you would deal 94% damage {{item:3916}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3135}} vs {{item:3111}} {{item:1033}} you would deal 83% damage {{item:3916}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3135}} vs {{item:3111}} {{item:3155}} you would deal 81% damage I didn't include {{item:3211}} because almost no one builds it and it's fairly similar with hexdrinkers stats. My point is, if you want to make a good zyra mid build you probably could, and I could give you help (althose I doubt you would take it because with high rank, comes inflated egos). But if your just gonna complain without reason about MRpen and they burn on l{{item:3151}} which both are stupid arguments, then just go back to your toxic forums because this has just turned into you complaining about your one trick not being changed roles because of a small minority of the player base wanting to play a champion in a role that they admit doesn't work right now.
Vekkna (NA)
: I haven't notice this personally. But the wording of Rammus' passive is "basic attacks deal X bonus magic damage," and the wording of his W is that it applies the passive to enemies who use basic attacks against him. I suppose it's possible that his passive damage is coded as a melee basic attack or single-target ability, and plant attacks are triggering his W. Based on the tooltips, plants shouldn't be counting as basic attacks for the purposes of Rammus' W. Then again, plant attacks aren't treated consistently at all. For example: * Plants are treated as basic attacks vs. Jax's Counterstrike * Plants are treated as basic attacks vs. Shen's dodge * Plants are treated as basic attacks for purposes of Taunt * Plants are treated as individual attacks rather than a single ability for proccing Electrocute * Plants are *not* treated as basic attacks for Silence (and if Zyra is silenced, plants stop attacking) * Plants are *not* treated as basic attacks for proccing PTA or Conqueror * Plants are *not* treated as basic attacks vs. Pantheon's passive * Plants are *not* treated as basic attacks vs. turrets * Plants are *not* treated as basic attacks for stacking Rageblade or applying on-hit effects They don't even interact consistently with spellshields. They pop Malz passive and Sivir E but not Banshee's or EoN. The funny thing is that the only consistent pattern here is that plant attacks are affected in whichever way is *least* advantageous to Zyra, with the exception of Electrocute and Malz. Like, how is Jax ignoring plant attacks with Counterstrike, but they can't pop Panth's passive? And why do plants heal as an AOE spell for Gunblade if they can be dodged like single target AAs?
: > [{quoted}](name=Dezyrable,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9FuMtqJf,comment-id=000800010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-03-31T15:01:54.695+0000) > > Alright so the only difference between our elos is that you don't grind as much as I do? No offense but I'm kinda picturing you as one of those chubby girls who cry on their couch on valentine's day devouring chocolate ice cream... "I didn't want a boyfriend anyway!" i didnt check your elo before writing that, figured you a plat4 i edited but you didnt see i think. And as for my physique, sex and relationship status. You picked my strongest attribute, good genes. Im male. Im 6 foot, 170 pounds, dirty blonde hair, and blue eyes. I have big lips and long eyelashes. People i dont know compliment my smile weekly, i do like chocolate and ice cream, and my girl friend likes to do this thing where she sends me a series of playboy centerfold style pictures nightly while i sit on my couch and cry for the rest of the men in the world. And im not even exaggerating a little bit there :D My elo may be low, but my attractiveness is all there. THANKS MOM!!!!!
Ye...about that, I meant that just like the girl thinks she can get a boyfriend if she just wanted to, you think you can get to whatever elo you want if you just tried a little bit harder, truth is you gotta work hard for it and not everyone manages to get it, but I'm glad you're attractive and everything, no homo KappaPride
: > [{quoted}](name=Dezyrable,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9FuMtqJf,comment-id=0008000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-31T14:52:08.941+0000) > > Sorry man I'm not the kind of person who flames or makes fun of others but I really gotta LOL at this because I've just checked your OP GG xd please no flame I'm just really bored to be honest my op.gg is pretty clean, i outperform my elo easily. I just dont grind as you do. Enjoy those 14 lp gains. (great ranking btw no lie) and honestly, if you think that anypart of this game should be catered to you at masters elo, youre high as fuck. You shouldn't even be on the boards man lets be honest.
Alright so the only difference between our elos is that you don't grind as much as I do? No offense but I'm kinda picturing you as one of those chubby girls who cry on their couch on valentine's day devouring chocolate ice cream... "I didn't want a boyfriend anyway!"
: > [{quoted}](name=Dezyrable,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9FuMtqJf,comment-id=0008000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-31T14:52:08.941+0000) > > Sorry man I'm not the kind of person who flames or makes fun of others but I really gotta LOL at this because I've just checked your OP GG xd please no flame I'm just really bored to be honest my op.gg is pretty clean, i outperform my elo easily. I just dont grind as you do. Enjoy those 14 lp gains. (great ranking btw no lie) and honestly, if you think that anypart of this game should be catered to you at masters elo, youre high as fuck. You shouldn't even be on the boards man lets be honest.
Ye I know I'm shit at everything that isn't Zyra, even tho my poppy support is spicy af
: > [{quoted}](name=Shaian,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9FuMtqJf,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2018-03-31T14:15:25.922+0000) > > But Riot did the recent balance change as a „buff for midlane zyra“. And thats feedback towards that. Why would you tell OP to play her at Support? > > 2. yes 70% winrate at what elo? Silver. The elo Zyras recent plant HP changes were balanced for. An elo where Zyra naturally deals more damage because nobody clears her plants. > > Sorry, but Zyras plants were balanced exactly for your elo. They are not existant at the elo OP or me play at. And its super boring and frustrating to play when you see your plants instantly die. Its not fun to play since the last patch she received changes. i didnt tell himm to play her support, and im willing to bet i play her better than both of you, understanding how to safely place her plants and get maximum effectiveness is key, dont elo shame, i dont give a shit about it honestly.
Sorry man I'm not the kind of person who flames or makes fun of others but I really gotta LOL at this because I've just checked your OP GG xd please no flame I'm just really bored
Lesba Zyra (EUNE)
: She is a control mage like Anivia, so she ain't a support at all. She's got cc and has BEEN able to deal dmg. They are picking her at bottom, because of her early burst and late CC. Same goes for Brand, because of his base dmg. This time I am just stuck in a low dia elo, because of the champ and its weak itemization. If they didn't nerf the old liandry, I could be able to keep myself around master elo and couldn't say a shit. But this season and this new liandry holds me down now. No matter how good mechanics or how many builds I try to build.
No hate but if you dropped from master to D4 in 1 weak you must have played a lot of games and you probably tilted quite hard, sure Liandry's changes weren't good for her but I don't think that's the only reason why your elo dropped so hard.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dezyrable,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9FuMtqJf,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-03-31T13:36:25.150+0000) > > Around 85% of Zyra players play her support and this has been the case since S3, a lot of champions have shifted role from their release (Gragas, Nidalee, Kha'Zix, Quinn, Graves, Corki etc.), I'll be happy for you if Riot manages to change Zyra in a way that solves her issues midlane and doesn't affect her support role but expecting them to make Zyra a midlane-only champion because a minority of Zyra players complain about he current state doesn't make a lot of sense. Also please don't come back at me saying that Zyra was supposed to be a midlaner and so on, people have been playing her support for years and that's her role even in pro play. Riot literally changer her mana from that of a support, to what is preferred mid lane, there is nothing else to say about it, she is meant to go mid. i play her support tho ;D
Because Riot decision making is always great right? Would you like me to remind you the ardent censer meta? It's just one of many example that show that you can't trust Riot to always make good decision, but there's a reason if almost everybody plays her a support. What if I told you that people actually play her support because they like it and not because she's a weak midlaner?
sAyCo (EUNE)
: i believe that Zyra is more into Midlaner more than Support. i Don't care how Smurfs plays her as Support. Hint? don't go too far away from your team. cause you are a more into a squishy champ.
I actually don't understand what you just said, except for the first sentence
Lesba Zyra (EUNE)
: CG riot. You have finally destroyed midlane Zyra
Around 85% of Zyra players play her support and this has been the case since S3, a lot of champions have shifted role from their release (Gragas, Nidalee, Kha'Zix, Quinn, Graves, Corki etc.), I'll be happy for you if Riot manages to change Zyra in a way that solves her issues midlane and doesn't affect her support role but expecting them to make Zyra a midlane-only champion because a minority of Zyra players complain about he current state doesn't make a lot of sense. Also please don't come back at me saying that Zyra was supposed to be a midlaner and so on, people have been playing her support for years and that's her role even in pro play.
AD Yuumi (NA)
: Discovering the Link
Warwick's brother,obviously :D

Dezyrable

Level 242 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion