: Ezreal is a braindead no skill champ that just sits really far away and pokes nonstop...and if you get close he has a free flash...champ is pure cancer. I hope people hate this rework and quit playing him. Any time I see an ez in game I pick zed and only ult ez every time its up lol
> [{quoted}](name=Xellex420,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Uej1vxx8,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-30T04:30:31.180+0000) > > Ezreal is a braindead no skill champ that just sits really far away and pokes nonstop...and if you get close he has a free flash...champ is pure cancer. I hope people hate this rework and quit playing him. Any time I see an ez in game I pick zed and only ult ez every time its up lol And you just debunked you own shitpost. You just ulti him (as is your job as zed) . You low effort clear the kid out with next to no skill needed to delete a single champ. Ezreals damage and clear is some of the worst on any adc champ and the only thing he has going for him is poke and kiting potencial . Ezreal may be easy to be decent at but he is really one of the harder ADC. He requires you to constantly play things perfect to be useful and actually carrry a game. If anything Ezreal is underpowered , not overpowered. I get you dont like him but as an adc main I despise Zed . Would you be happy if i started crying to remove or make Zed unplayable?
: > [{quoted}](name=DixonCider455,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Uej1vxx8,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-10-02T15:17:28.564+0000) > > Well my dear reader I wont go too far into detail as to why I believe you are wrong. His new personality is not truthful to the character . My point of view is addressed in great detail in the original post, however I still appreciate the time you took to read and address my concerns in regards to the rework. As stated in the original post I'm not setting out to revert the changes made to his character BUT I am trying to make them a bit more likable. Im not an Indiana Jones or anime fanboy of any sorts and Ezreal never really scratched that itch for me. Ezreal was a character I fell in love with unattached to any other IP or fandom. Long story short I believe that he has lost some key aspects of what he used to be. He used to be confidant and a bit arrogant . Now he is arrogant and incompetent. The only reason a character like this could work is because we as an audience are told to shut up and just go with it. He is written as a joke character as opposed to an impressive one with serious backbone to back up his claims. He looks down on everybody yet unlike characters like Draven he does not have the skill noar the charm to back it up. In his logs its described how bad of an explorer he really is and how he only does it to achive fame and glory so his parents would come back. Thats not a bad arc for the character but I would love it if we got a sightly toned down version in the game and showed his progression as character in lore from a brat who only wants to be recognized to a fully fledged explorer who now knows what he is doing and what it means. For us to see him gain more respect for the sites and history he uncovers and for him to take his adventures a bit more seriously and plan out ahead. Ezreal is designed to be smart and while rash Ezreal never stuck me as a man without a plan. This version of Ezreal acts more like Jinx would . Making things explode and unleashing curses without ever taking responsibility or doing anything to learn from his mistakes. Ill say it again . The idea behind his rework is great and I support it. Im just afraid that Ezreal will stay a little brat forever and remain unlikable. Indiana Jones saves the day and you can see his knowledge in the feild. He knows his stuff. Naruto starts off unlikable but we know his story and the injustice he went trough . We spend 400+ episodes watching this character grow into a character we as an audience can respect and look up to. We see him strugle and more importantly we see him overcome and grow. The way Ezreal is now he will never grow. He will be one big flaw forever. Again its not the idea that sucks , its the execution. Ezreal has ALWAYS been a man without a plan - his most notable voice line in his old VO was "Who needs a map?" You need a map if you're planning things - if you're going in without a map, that's reckless and not planned. Furthermore, his old VO paints him as reckless and impulsive, again, not traits if you're planning things. And the new Ezreal, while his arrogance does show through more, he's not incompetent, not in the slightest. He went exploring in Shurima, looking for his parents, who were looking for a tomb. Ezreal found the missing tomb (which none had previously located), infiltrated it, bypassed it's defenses, and took the gauntlet from within it. Then, in his color story, he opened a giant tomb beneath Zaun (translating much of the hieroglyphs in it to a degree), conquered it's traps, and again, took the artifact from within. Sure, it ended stupidly due to bad luck (the sun and the equinox and all) but he is by no means incompetent.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Uej1vxx8,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-10-02T15:27:10.496+0000) > > Ezreal has ALWAYS been a man without a plan - his most notable voice line in his old VO was "Who needs a map?" You need a map if you're planning things - if you're going in without a map, that's reckless and not planned. Furthermore, his old VO paints him as reckless and impulsive, again, not traits if you're planning things. > > And the new Ezreal, while his arrogance does show through more, he's not incompetent, not in the slightest. He went exploring in Shurima, looking for his parents, who were looking for a tomb. Ezreal found the missing tomb (which none had previously located), infiltrated it, bypassed it's defenses, and took the gauntlet from within it. Then, in his color story, he opened a giant tomb beneath Zaun (translating much of the hieroglyphs in it to a degree), conquered it's traps, and again, took the artifact from within. Sure, it ended stupidly due to bad luck (the sun and the equinox and all) but he is by no means incompetent. The who needs a map thing is more of a show off quote. He didnt have a map because he was interested in exploring for himself. A map means someone has been there before. He didnt want to follow map but that doesnt exactly mean he had no plan at all. Stop and think for a second. Ezreal in his state would never be able to achive anything he achived . The only reason he is achiving thing is because the writers say he did. The stories are also told a 100% from his perspective so is it out of the question that this attention seeking brat is just blowing them out of proportion? The matter to the fact is that he IS incompetent and to a very large degree. He is not entirely incapable of achiving anything but when it comes down to it he is just being a pain in everybodies asses. But thats besides the point I will repeat myself . I don not mind that he is changed. I do not think there is nothing good in this rework. Im simply saying that maybe it could have been executed better. Maybe he could have some subtlety and nuance to his character? Can he maybe crack and show a bit of humanity here and there? I mean you can say well he is really human, more human then ever. And id agree with you to an extent but I wanna see him learn and grow. He is too much of a joke as of now. His flaws are very much befitting of him. His skills are present but the way he presents himself and the way riot handles his character ...well I dont think I can feel overly possitive about it. Would it be that unbelievable that maybe , just maybe toning his obnoxious down a little bit and having him be serious for at least one second would be better for him. He has issues I know deep down inside he doesnt feel so jolly all the time. Can we see him strugle and learn? Cant that be represented in his character? Thats all I want really. PS. he also had voicelines for movement that said "careful" and "Know your enviroment" are these really voicelines of a reackless man with no plan? Not needing a map only suggests he is brave enough to venture paths untravelled.
: So how does a cocky brat who is rebellious and disobeys authority figures to do what he wants to do - which is explore ruins in random places in the world and also search for his parents - incongruent with the cocky brat who is rebellious that was delivered to us in the VGU? His lore meshes extremely well with his new characterization in game, so claiming they don't fit is wrong on the whole. Furthermore, you might not like Ezreal, but a lot of people do. I like his personality, because it's an extension and fleshing out of what his old personality was. He's not really changed, just gotten a little more involved. Sure, he's got flaws like arrogance and narcissism, but he's also go virtues like wholesome goodness and a sense of adventure. His personality is not really much different than characters like Indiana Jones, or [INSERT MALE CHARACTER] of [INSERT ANIME TITLE], because he's showing just as much of a bombastic personality as any of those characters. I don't see any problems with his personality, and I'm excited to use him once he launches.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Uej1vxx8,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-02T13:52:44.460+0000) > > So how does a cocky brat who is rebellious and disobeys authority figures to do what he wants to do - which is explore ruins in random places in the world and also search for his parents - incongruent with the cocky brat who is rebellious that was delivered to us in the VGU? His lore meshes extremely well with his new characterization in game, so claiming they don't fit is wrong on the whole. > > Furthermore, you might not like Ezreal, but a lot of people do. I like his personality, because it's an extension and fleshing out of what his old personality was. He's not really changed, just gotten a little more involved. Sure, he's got flaws like arrogance and narcissism, but he's also go virtues like wholesome goodness and a sense of adventure. His personality is not really much different than characters like Indiana Jones, or [INSERT MALE CHARACTER] of [INSERT ANIME TITLE], because he's showing just as much of a bombastic personality as any of those characters. I don't see any problems with his personality, and I'm excited to use him once he launches. Well my dear reader I wont go too far into detail as to why I believe you are wrong. His new personality is not truthful to the character . My point of view is addressed in great detail in the original post, however I still appreciate the time you took to read and address my concerns in regards to the rework. As stated in the original post I'm not setting out to revert the changes made to his character BUT I am trying to make them a bit more likable. Im not an Indiana Jones or anime fanboy of any sorts and Ezreal never really scratched that itch for me. Ezreal was a character I fell in love with unattached to any other IP or fandom. Long story short I believe that he has lost some key aspects of what he used to be. He used to be confidant and a bit arrogant . Now he is arrogant and incompetent. The only reason a character like this could work is because we as an audience are told to shut up and just go with it. He is written as a joke character as opposed to an impressive one with serious backbone to back up his claims. He looks down on everybody yet unlike characters like Draven he does not have the skill noar the charm to back it up. In his logs its described how bad of an explorer he really is and how he only does it to achive fame and glory so his parents would come back. Thats not a bad arc for the character but I would love it if we got a sightly toned down version in the game and showed his progression as character in lore from a brat who only wants to be recognized to a fully fledged explorer who now knows what he is doing and what it means. For us to see him gain more respect for the sites and history he uncovers and for him to take his adventures a bit more seriously and plan out ahead. Ezreal is designed to be smart and while rash Ezreal never stuck me as a man without a plan. This version of Ezreal acts more like Jinx would . Making things explode and unleashing curses without ever taking responsibility or doing anything to learn from his mistakes. Ill say it again . The idea behind his rework is great and I support it. Im just afraid that Ezreal will stay a little brat forever and remain unlikable. Indiana Jones saves the day and you can see his knowledge in the feild. He knows his stuff. Naruto starts off unlikable but we know his story and the injustice he went trough . We spend 400+ episodes watching this character grow into a character we as an audience can respect and look up to. We see him strugle and more importantly we see him overcome and grow. The way Ezreal is now he will never grow. He will be one big flaw forever. Again its not the idea that sucks , its the execution.
: > [{quoted}](name=Johnny El Rojo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Uej1vxx8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-30T22:31:51.850+0000) > > In general, I think this is a problem that has come out with many champions after VGU's and lore revamps. Case and point: {{champion:89}} But thankfully, her in game lines remain the same. For now. > > It seems like in an attempt of making the champions more round up as characters, they gave them more flaws... but them made the mistake of thinking the best way of presenting said flaws is rubbing them on our faces constantly everytime they appear. I actually think a character arc where Leona is a religious fanatic because of the incredibly small bubble she was in and then slowly opens up and learns the truth about Aspects and Targon would be very interesting. What I don't like is keeping generic characters just because a few people got overly attached and conceived a character in their head out of a low-poly model and 20 generic voicelines. A lot of these "characters" were never characters to begin with, if I had to bet the current Ezreal is exactly how they would have portrayed them if the scope of the champions that we have today was feasible in 2010. Ez was always a little cocky adventurer they just could never portray that because most League characters are crappy stereotypes that were always intended to serve a gameplay function before anything. Story and characterization was an afterthought, an excuse to keep it all together Remember when they used to crank out one every two weeks? Yeah that's what people are getting overly attached to. But nah Leona who was just a woman with a sword and shield and 0 personality is way better... because it was FIRST.
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Uej1vxx8,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-10-02T03:15:59.330+0000) > > I actually think a character arc where Leona is a religious fanatic because of the incredibly small bubble she was in and then slowly opens up and learns the truth about Aspects and Targon would be very interesting. What I don't like is keeping generic characters just because a few people got overly attached and conceived a character in their head out of a low-poly model and 20 generic voicelines. > > A lot of these "characters" were never characters to begin with, if I had to bet the current Ezreal is exactly how they would have portrayed them if the scope of the champions that we have today was feasible in 2010. Ez was always a little cocky adventurer they just could never portray that because most League characters are crappy stereotypes that were always intended to serve a gameplay function before anything. Story and characterization was an afterthought, an excuse to keep it all together Remember when they used to crank out one every two weeks? Yeah that's what people are getting overly attached to. > > But nah Leona who was just a woman with a sword and shield and 0 personality is way better... because it was FIRST. You're missing the point lad. I don't think any of us have a problem with champions getting reworked. I loved Taric before his rework. But the new Taric is objectively better. Its a new Taric but its still Taric. He remained the same-ish character just a bit more fleshed out and/or plosable. His core aspects reamin the same. He is still a gem knight serving to protect life above all. He is still fabulous and still does what taric was supposed to do only better and in more fun ways. Do i miss the old Taric ? Ofc I do but I know I only miss him because nostalgia. They gave him more of a character and even took some of the stuff the community thought of him into his character...mainly the whole fabulous part. Twitch got changed but it was just a cool looking visual rework with some pretty in character new VA on top. Loved that . Tristana stayed mostly the same in my book and she looks a lot better now as well. These are objective upgrades to the character while remaining mostly faithful to what the character used to be. Ezreal is just unlikable . There are champions that get reworked into something new but are still cool in their own way....and then there is Ezreal. Oh boy there was Ezreal....the boy who lived....long enough to become a parody of what he once was. Its not only a bad character but also a slap in the face to all who loved him. True he had a very limited personality before but Id rather he is reserved and I can fill in the blanks with theory and imagination as opposed to knowing he is a fucking tool who only lives to annoy people . There is such a thing as a bad character you know?
Rioter Comments

DixonCider455

Level 63 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion