: Everyone who defends the "combat against toxicity". How do you explain this?
People who downvote here but don't actually come out and give their opinion are probably the same who frequently abuse the reports for completely ridiculous reasons, such as "my support asked me to not just afk farm in lane and help with trading, so toxic, report report, I can't handle anything so I need to drag everyone down to my level".
: > [{quoted}](name=Naymliss,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ROwvfqPz,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2020-01-07T15:32:12.979+0000) > > My point is that toxic players get angry and flame independent of performance of their teammates. " toxic players" Can you explain what a toxic player is? Do they carry some kind of infectious desease that spreads through the internet? Are they some kind of inferior subhumans that we need to hunt down and exterminate? What is a toxic player? Sounds like a really vile insult to call somebody "toxic", if you ask me... According to the original meaning of toxicity as a concept it's just a certain pattern of negative behavior that can appear in a game. But suddenly we declare an entire player to be "toxic". What you did there is instead of flaming them you call them toxic. The very thought that "this player is toxic" and pushing the report button to get your revenge is actually just another pattern of negative behavior that has spread very far. So the whole system actually created a new type of "toxicity". Well it's not exactly new but most likely shifted more heavily into that direction. People who were likely to flame each other in the past might now be more likely to report each other for being "toxic". I am just wondering were is the self-responsibility? The only difference is, people were forced to deal with their issues themselves in the past and grow up and get along, now they don't because they can just say "haha you are toxic and i report you to papa Riot". The game is just becoming more like a kindergarten.
> People who were likely to flame each other in the past might now be more likely to report each other for being "toxic". Or for "inting". {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: The rune trees are a COMPLETE MESS, no clear structure or theme, nothing makes sense!
I agree. Also why do I need to chose between Demolish, Shield Bash and Font of Life? They are completely unrelated. Demolish is so crazy that it could be an Inspiration Keystone or Domination because it bursts tower. lol Font of Life is support stuff. Shield bash could also be in sorcery because it empowers your shield. These 3 options have absolutely nothing in common, except they are tuned with numbers to work well on builds with a lot of HP. Compare that to the 2nd row of precision. There you have 3 runes that don't fit into this tree at all, but at least they are all somewhat related because they give sustain in one way or the others. It's true.I really can't tell if Riot was following any plan. Everything is so chaotic.
: Guinsoos is a broken item
{{item:3124}} {{item:3161}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:5}} {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Foxstep (EUW)
: Was this a joke?
> [{quoted}](name=Foxstep,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=v3AKAMhY,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-03-19T13:09:54.486+0000) > > Was this a joke? Only if it isn't true. LMAO I don't know.
Rustypug (NA)
: when youre playing support and your adc wont stop talking shit
The trick is to shit talk them before they can shit talk you, then you win.
: Because of the camera.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=F2YeonP7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-18T11:40:12.867+0000) > > Because of the camera. I guess she is floating so her hitbox is below her and if you aim at her head you hit the ground, maybe the wings are a big deceiving too.
Yenn (NA)
: How did Kayle's hit box make it past QA?
Idk about her hit box I only know that she suffers a lot from collision with minions, even though she is technically flying.
GigglesO (NA)
: No Defense = Poor Gameplay
OP is making a really bad generalization. Tanks have strong phases in a game too. Pick Malphite top against an AD top laner, rush 2 armor items and you probably auto win top and you can easily impact bot too, because at this stage they can't counter you with items, but after that everyone will have some kind of %penetration or reduction to wreck your defense and by the time you think about adding some MR, the mage will already have a voidstaff....so whatever. So really, the problem is how the powercurve is designed and how the power for different champions is distributed.... it's really just.... boring and binary. It's really shitty for ADC players when their top fed and there is a tank with 2 armor items and a ton of base damage, while you are still working on your second item and not even thinking about a last whisper, but it also sucks when you play top and your bot lost so hard that you just finished your second item but the enemy adc has already cleaver/botrk or 2 crit items and last whisper, your power window is just over at this point, you can't beat them with defensive items anymore but at the same time, that's the only thing you can do, because your champion is designed to only work well with tank items. xD It works the same for healing too, your bot lost and you are getting stomped by Soraka and her ADC (or it could also be something like Illaoi top), nobody had the chance to get Greivous Wounds yet and even if you do it now you will be too far behind to have an impact, because the ADC has the late game. On the other hand if you play a champion that needs heals to be powerful because it's part of your kit, you will not come back against fed champions when they already own Grievous Wounds (like a mage that bought morellos because it ALSO gives mpen), no amount of items will be powerful enough to beat 40% heal reduction. So again, not very interesting power curves. Champions like Mundo and Nasus are fucked twice ( because they rely on heals and defense) and you can easily see why they will always struggle no matter how much Riot buffs them. Sure... a fed Mundo early can be even more oppressive than a Malphite, but at the same time he can be even more useless in late game or when behind. This kind of power distribution just doesn't work well in a game where 4 other players also decide how the game goes and you can't reliably make use of your windows of power.... if you are unlucky, you just lose because your champion is designed to lose in that scenario, so one sided matches often escalate more than they would have to. PS: and thanks for the downvote but 0 replies, you just show that you are too lazy to understand the already simple mechanics of this game, but then you talk about Riot killing strategy and dumbing the game down, while you can't even grasp the basics? Lmao
Sęraph (NA)
: Is "kys" automatic ban?
So yesterday I reported somebody who said "kys" and i got the feedback a few seconds after that game... but you know what? I didn't care about what this player said, I just abused the zero tolerance trigger because I didn't like how he played and I almost feel sorry, because it's actually just the absurd matchmaking that gives me team mates who appear to be inting when maybe they are just really bad???. xD I really don't care that some kid tells me to kill myself....like I am not gonna kill myself because of that and for me this is just a different way of saying "fuck you" because they are frustrated for whatever reason... Objectively my report was actually false, because I reported for gameplay reasons but Rito smacked that poor dude with a 14d ban for chatting. It's kinda weird. Now he is probably making a new account or something but he won't have any reason to change, because he is really frustrated now by bad games and being banned afterwards (for chatting btw) and he probably doesn't even understand why he is performing poorly, I feel like Rito just gave this player more reason to be frustrated and to not improve his gameplay. I kinda doubt that pissing off angry players even more will give them an incentive to get better or nicer. Wouldn't it make more sense to just let players sort this out themselves? I don't think people play this game to get a therapy or to be parented by Riot Games.
: She does have a lot of mains and requires a lot of skill. For some reason NA has a high amount of Riven mains. That being said, she has some really BS safety nets and a lot of her 'skill expression' erases the opponents' ability to respond (CC spam + animation canceling). [In the charts, Y is a champions general skill floor and ceiling +, X is playrate +](https://twitter.com/RiotBlaustoise/status/1105548661214179328?s=20) The first one is a bit iffy though because it shows Nami being higher than Katarina on the 'depth/skill' portion, so be sure to go to the second one. edit: w/o being able to separate the champs, the trends seem to be good, but not overall accurate, would expect Taliyah to be much higher too [(she's one of the top 8 harshest mastery curves in LoL)]https://twitter.com/RiotBlaustoise/status/1075515580570980352)(, and Wu a wee bit lower. Hard to get a good feel though since it isn't interactive/hard to be 100% whose curve belongs to who.
> [{quoted}](name=Glaricion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=v3AKAMhY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-17T19:09:47.535+0000) > > She does have a lot of mains and requires a lot of skill. Fun fact: if you build {{item:3161}} you are actually rewarded for mindlessly burning your spells upfront without weaving in auto attacks, because if you send your spells on cd asap you can get more cooldown back from the Awakened Dragon passive.
: Maybe, just maybe, nerf Riven ...
Top against Riven is definitely winnable but it always feels like playing from behind and constantly being on the defense, basically Riven has more options to win lane and you have less. Most of the time Riven has the initiative and Riven has to screw up to give you an opportunity ...and a lot of Riven players overstep their limits, but that doesn't make the champion fair, because that goes for both sides.
: She's not a problem in China according to a certain Riot balance employee so she wont get nerfed.
Maybe china just enjoys having broken champions that everyone wants to play, probably because they live under a communist regime and it's a nice distraction form their society where everyone has to be equal and everything is planned.
: RANK QUEUE IS TOTALLY BROKEN! Facing a diamond riot employee in silver.
After my placements I climbed really fast out of bronze with 37LP per win, now suddenly I got 6 matches in a row where other players where completely unable to play and gave up, were soft inting, so it was impossible to do anything. Also got chat restricted for criticizing my team when they give up after feeding their lanes and ignore all pings... like wtf. This is a complete joke. I can't help but think that Riot does everything to piss their players off. With matchmaking like this they are literally provoking toxicity. I even had a support player in one of my games who had less vision score than top at 20 min and when I ask them to use wards (... you know because it's really frustrating when you want to carry, but your team provides zero vision on top of your 1 or 2 wards) they tell me "did you know that toxic players lose more games".... this is just absurd. I am almost tempted to believe that Riot does this on purpose. Apparently you are not supposed to try and play well anymore, not saying anything that remotely counts as "negative" is now top priority. Who cares about skill or game knowledge or communication? ...the matchmaking makes that irrelevant.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Fix your broken game, Riot
Thresh Q hit box is way too generous imo. It clearly does not connect but then just latches onto you because the invisible hitbox demands it.
: Rune shards give a disproportionate advantage toward offense over defense
Tank is what you pick when you want to win lane with 2 items and zero skill or if you just want to chill. If you wanna win games you better pick a bruiser, assassin, mage or even marksmen top. xD
Terozu (NA)
: The fact you don't get that my question was an echoe of yours showing im also not ignoring others is just... The majority of players find him frustrating. As I said. The majority. This makes him objectively frustrating to fight. This does not mean everyone find him annoying. But the majority do. Riot gutted Akali for being frustrating to fight. Now, care to explain why your entire account appears to exist solely to support CT and Yasuo? The majority of people find him frustrating. Less people found Akali frustrating and she was utterly gutted. This is called inconsistency.
Are you still repeating yourself...like what??? I guess we are done here.
Terozu (NA)
: Why are you ignoring over 60% of the community? The majority of people dont like Yas and find him frustrating, this makes Yasuo objectively a problem. When the issue is that the character makes the game unfun to play for your opponents moreso than anyone else, thats not stupid or childish, its unhealthy game design. Ignoring the problem is whats stupid. You cant just let the frustration fester or it'll continuously get worse.
I am not ignoring them. All I am saying is that frustration is not an argument, your frustration is not automatically the problem of another player so you kinda have to come up with a more objective reason to change Yasuo. > You cant just let the frustration fester or it'll continuously get worse. Oh really then maybe these 60% of players should do something about their frustration and when they sorted that out, maybe we can have an objective discussion about Yasuo. But the truth is, you don't come here to describe an issue so it is comprehensible for everyone and if you don't outline the issue properly there will also be no discussion about a possible solution. All you really do is hate. In fact people are so busy hating that they wouldn't even bother replying to any serious suggestions. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/UKINxF4z-why-hasnt-yasuo-been-changed-when-he-has-60-banrate-in-9-regionsof-13?comment=002d
Terozu (NA)
: No, it's an objective problem. Hence the 60% banrates when he is currently underpowered.
How is frustration objective? Because you just ignore all the players that tell you they don't mind Yasuo? I don't think that works. If you think there is something wrong with his kit then you can discuss that but don't use "its frustrating" as an argument, because frankly...that's really stupid and childish.
Terozu (NA)
: Yasuo is notoriously frustrating to play against as Riot has acknowledged. Do literally anything to lessen that frustration. Anything. They already said they were going to give him a mini rework then cancelled it without announcement a month later.
"Is frustrating to play against" is not a good argument, that's your subjective problem.
Terozu (NA)
: Why hasn't Yasuo been changed when he has >60% banrate in 9 regions?(of 13)
Yasuos isn't even that strong atm but I still think he would be a lot easier to balance if he had locked attack speed like Jhin. Jhin gains more AD from attack speed and crit and also more movement speed. Yasuo gains double crit chance, his Q can crit and from attack speed he gains cooldown reduction on his Q. He has hyperscaling abilities but at the same time he also gets the dps from basic attacks like any other ADC but also hyperscaling because of double crit, which is why he can just miss a lot of his Q's and still faceroll when he has his powerspike. Other champions still have to hit their abilities when they are fed or they get shutdown... but yasuo can just miss Q's left and right and auto attack you to death. xD And don't be r%%%%%ed and tell me that Yasuo would be to weak with locked attack speed, the balance team can sort that out and compensate him somewhere else, like slightly more survivability or revert the recent nerf to his Q crit damage. On top of that he can gain a lot of dps just by canceling autos with his spammable Q. The problem with Yasuo right now is that he scales too hard so Ritos solution was to make him extremely feast or famine and reducing his ability to tank damage over the years. So he can snowball really hard or feed really hard and _maybe_ come back in late game. They only nerfed the parts of his kit that are not hyperscaling, base stat nerfs, shield nerf, E base damage nerf etc. The champion is basically a complete coinflip now. I understand why Rito doesn't want to touch the iconic parts of Yasuo which is the "crit power fantasy" but he could still have that, the Q's are what makes Yasuo the champion he is, not the auto attacks. I also think that basic abilities should not be able to completely deny ultimates IN GENERAL, this only promotes counterpicking and that's not good gameplay. Recently I noticed that Yasuo's Windwall even swallows Teemo shrooms completely...I mean why? That's so dumb. If Azir sends soldiers against the windwall they will get stopped but they don't disappear.... the soldiers are not even an ultimate... really strange. Also Yorick's Ghouls most likely pass the windwall if I remember that correctly. And I really don't care that ghouls are coded as minions or whatever and shrooms are projectiles until they are placed? It makes no sense, it's stupid.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doombot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=000e00010000,timestamp=2019-03-15T20:58:33.015+0000) > > You can think what you want about the Jedi philosophy, that wasn't the point, I explained why frustration is relative and a personal issue. > I knew people would get triggered if I say CT is like Jedi, but then don't completely ignore the rest of my post because of 1 meme, that's so lame. The point is that saying CT is like Jedi is entirely correct. Because he's also someone who prides in not giving a flying shit and only do things cynically that benefit themselves but dress it up with prettier words. And the fanboys much like the fanboys of Jedi, don't understand what actually goes on behind the curtains and give CT much undeserved praise with superficial reasonings, just like how we say Jedi is good basically only because we're told that they're good even though any semblance of analysis would reveal otherwise. Same stuff.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=000e000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T21:19:22.060+0000) > > The point is that saying CT is like Jedi is entirely correct. > > Because he's also someone who prides in not giving a flying shit and only do things cynically that benefit themselves but dress it up with prettier words. And the fanboys much like the fanboys of Jedi, don't understand what actually goes on behind the curtains and give CT much undeserved praise with superficial reasonings, just like how we say Jedi is good basically only because we're told that they're good even though any semblance of analysis would reveal otherwise. Same stuff. You completely fail to understand anything...really. I don't see why managing your own frustration is cynical. I think it requires self-reflection. If any play doesn't work out, the cynical way to deal with it would be to blame the game and go on a salty board crusade to blame the creator. The reasonable first step would be to think about what you could do differently and how to prepare yourself to avoid situations like these.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doombot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-03-15T10:42:49.504+0000) > > OP is a Sith and has succumbed to the dark side and is taking his own subjective frustration as granted, frustration is anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. > > CertainlyT is more like a Jedi. Remember, it wasn't the Sith that made Darth Vader. It was Jedi that created him. This isn't to say that the Sith were the good guys, far from it, but Jedi's philosophy is fundamentally broken and is the actual reason why Anakin became Darth Vader and far less about the temptation of the dark side. All the Sith did was preying on Anakin's emotional instability to recruit him, but it was the Jedi who broke Anakin in the first place. And all of Jedi's problems is centered around this "frustration is anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." which is some of the worst slippery slope reasoning and not to mention an insult to the Eastern philosophy it was rather poorly appropriated from. When the wise guys and literal wizards of the universe are using the same kind of logic as propagandist and conspiracy theorists, you know something is very wrong. Hell, the Jedi only took Anakin only because he's useful and left his mother to die on purpose instead; what a bunch of totally chill and wise dudes amirite? And we're supposed to be surprised that this utterly broken philosophy eventually broke Anakin and made him exploitable by the dark side, especially when his peers and his foster parents refused to give him ANY forms of support and insist on turning him into an antisocial sociopath? Remember, Luke's victory against the Sith wasn't because he was a good Jedi, but because he was a failed one, because he cared and refused to not care unlike the instruction of the Jedi order. It wasn't neither the lightsaber nor the force that Luke bested the Sith with, but the heart; a heart that the Jedi refused to have. Sith and Jedi are both bad people. Sith is just more aware and proud of being evil. ..... And coming back to the analogy of CT being a Jedi...
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=000e0001,timestamp=2019-03-15T20:41:20.539+0000) > > Remember, it wasn't the Sith that made Darth Vader. It was Jedi that created him. > > This isn't to say that the Sith were the good guys, far from it, but Jedi's philosophy is fundamentally broken [...] You can think what you want about the Jedi philosophy, that wasn't the point, I explained why frustration is relative and a personal issue. I knew people would get triggered if I say CT is like Jedi, but then don't completely ignore the rest of my post because of 1 meme, that's so lame.
IAmTheLego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doombot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-03-15T10:42:49.504+0000) > > OP is a Sith and has succumbed to the dark side and is taking his own subjective frustration as granted, frustration is anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. > > CertainlyT is more like a Jedi. > > You shouldn't be frustrated about things you can't change, just accept them as part of the game and enjoy the way to deal with it. > > This excludes champions that have high winrate and pick rate and are just objectively way too strong (like Riven or AP Riven aka Sylas). > > There are so many things you can be frustrated about, like you are getting ganked... getting ganked is really frustrating for you, but really there is no reason to be frustrated because it's part of the game, it will always happen, you just have to start trying to evade the ganks and learn to enjoy doing that. > If you just go on about how unfair ganks are you will never get over it, but if you accept that you will get ganked and are prepared and expecting it, it won't be frustrating anymore. > Most of the time frustration is actually your mistake, you are angry at yourself for getting into that situation to begin with, but your ego prevents you from accepting that you can change the situation. You just have to change the way you played this. So frustration is often a huge factor why players don't get better, it's because they actually don't want to, they prefer hating the game instead. > > This is also why I considered the Gameplay+ section that is now canceled as a huge failure. The mods allowed topics such as "champion x, ability y is frustrating", basically giving space for players that don't want to improve and then pretending that this is a productive discussions. They also ignored the feedback on this. > It's ok to be frustrated when something is OBJECTIVELY unbalanced, but they didn't want to understand that, instead they gave useless arguments like "you can never be 100% objective" so they didn't even try and that's why the boards will always suck. If you're gonna go all star wars on me, then CT will be jar jar binks and I'll be Anakin Skywalker. Didn't bother reading the full thing though. My apologies.
> [{quoted}](name=IAmTheLego,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-03-15T13:16:55.556+0000) > > If you're gonna go all star wars on me, then CT will be jar jar binks and I'll be Anakin Skywalker. > > Didn't bother reading the full thing though. > My apologies. But you expect others to read your post? That tells us a lot about your motives and your attitude...doesn't it. Learn the difference between discussions and circlejerks, I am not here to agree with you or push the upvote/downvote button.
: How much the Boards community has changed.
Seems really silly to blame it on "redditors". Outrage culture is everywhere. The reason is that users don't try to be objective and make a fair assessment for an issue, instead they make reactionary comments and just fight to protect their egos and prejudices. For the boards the issue is that the staff doesn't see this as a problem. They like to say that they want productive discussion and so on but that's just empty talk. In practice they are completely hands-off and sometimes even fuel really bad arguments that are based on frustration. I still remember the "Yasuo is frustrating" and "Zoe is frustrating" topics in Gameplay+.... The fact that the staff thought these are good arguments is just beyond me and it really shows that there is not much hope. Even if there was a place where only honest and objective discussions were allowed I kinda doubt that there will be enough users for it. Most people come here to instantly agree or disagree but not to discuss anything and longer posts are often just constructs of one sided justification attempts for their instant like or dislike...
IAmTheLego (EUNE)
: CertainlyT's view on frustration
OP is a Sith and has succumbed to the dark side and is taking his own subjective frustration as granted, frustration is anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. CertainlyT is more like a Jedi. You shouldn't be frustrated about things you can't change, just accept them as part of the game and enjoy the way to deal with it. This excludes champions that have high winrate and pick rate and are just objectively way too strong (like Riven or AP Riven aka Sylas). There are so many things you can be frustrated about, like you are getting ganked... getting ganked is really frustrating for you, but really there is no reason to be frustrated because it's part of the game, it will always happen, you just have to start trying to evade the ganks and learn to enjoy doing that. If you just go on about how unfair ganks are you will never get over it, but if you accept that you will get ganked and are prepared and expecting it, it won't be frustrating anymore. Most of the time frustration is actually your mistake, you are angry at yourself for getting into that situation to begin with, but your ego prevents you from accepting that you can change the situation. You just have to change the way you played this. So frustration is often a huge factor why players don't get better, it's because they actually don't want to, they prefer hating the game instead. This is also why I considered the Gameplay+ section that is now canceled as a huge failure. The mods allowed topics such as "champion x, ability y is frustrating", basically giving space for players that don't want to improve and then pretending that this is a productive discussions. They also ignored the feedback on this. It's ok to be frustrated when something is OBJECTIVELY unbalanced, but they didn't want to understand that, instead they gave useless arguments like "you can never be 100% objective" so they didn't even try and that's why the boards will always suck.
: how about you just play blind
> [{quoted}](name=BreakTheirRakes,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=1Er25NJu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-14T22:37:00.760+0000) > > how about you just play blind JUST PLAY BLIND 4HEAD how about...no?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 13
I kinda think you should have hotfixed Kayles E and W animation issues immediately before thinking about hotfix nerfs. Strange priorities. Also the recommended items show that Riot was a little clueless about what Kayle has to do to get through laning phase and to get her powerspikes. I still can't think of a decent build that utilizes crit for her late game simply because the build path would be too awkward and on hit is just so much better. The synergy between Kayles passive attack speed, her E, BotrK, Rageblade, Nashors is too good, so it just invalidates other possible builds.
: I really wish adcs didnt make or break games
Lets be fair here... if an ADC goes 0/11 he 100% deserves to lose, it's just very unfortunate and questionable matchmaking and sucks for everyone else.
: I am getting insane flame.
> What satisfies you when you are tilted? I don't tell people to kill themselves or get a brain tumor. But when you do too many questionable plays I will probably say something "negative" like "what are you doing, do you have no map? why do you not use your trinkets, how can you have 0 vision score at 15 min? why do you never react to pings? why are you playing so passive and giving free objectives if you don't want to win we can just ff and stop wasting time" And I mean what I say. I am not tilted, I just want to win and if winning isn't possible I don't want to waste time with team mates that don't know how to win but also refuse to just surrender. So there is a slight difference between players who only want to insult you and players that are just very confused and frustrated because of your performance. I don't care what you say unless you actually have some good reason to play the way you do that I didn't notice, otherwise I only care about how you play and that you don't do the same shit again. Players who just insult you like " you are bad, you are bad ahaha, you are [insert elo], you suck etc" they don't care about the game and probably are as bad as you, they just don't even understand why they are losing and are trying to blame it on anything they find. If you died 3 times they will pick you. I really don't care if you died 3 times, if the match is still winnable you just need you to keep playing and stop doing stupid shit, get your farm, don't ignore your team, don't die for nothing. And stop telling everyone that you are bad, it doesn't change anything, your ACTIONS are more important, saying "I am bad" just makes you a target for frustrated kids that only care about bashing you, while they are losing. Rito doesn't make a difference between negative feedback and actual flame. So if anyone criticizes you in any way shape or form you can report them, I just think that won't help you, because there will always be flamers. You just need to learn the game. There also is a very simple way to deal with negative comment if you are unsure, just ask them what you should have done so they can show you that they know better. If they don't answer or just keep saying "you are bad", just mute and report these stupid kids.
SonicAF (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=insomniacjezz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ELohW0mW,comment-id=00000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T10:02:37.044+0000) > > They have a lot of rules that are vague by design, but that isn’t what we’re discussing. This is a very clear, no ambiguity stance that Riot has been putting forward for as long as I can remember. > > Are they lying, or is it possible that you’re wrong? It's possible that flat-earthers are right and everyone else is wrong, but unless the have evidence that 2x2=5, I have no reason to act as their baseless theories are the objective truth.
> [{quoted}](name=SonicAF,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ELohW0mW,comment-id=000000020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T10:08:17.093+0000) > > It's possible that flat-earthers are right No it's not possible. If the earth was flat we wouldn't have delayed day and night cycles depending on your location, the sun would rise and set simultaneously no matter where you are on earth. But the flat earthers are actually using a model in which the sun always stays on top of the flat earth like this one: https://image.shutterstock.com/image-vector/flat-earth-old-vision-planet-260nw-403461337.jpg This would make it impossible for the sun to ever move below the horizon, but we can see the sun doing that every day. Either way flat earth is completely ridiculous and makes no sense at all and you shouldn't use it as comparison. There are theories that you can't disprove, but there also are theories that are so nonsensical that you can disprove them, flat earth belongs to the latter.
: I like how I can purposely leave the game as many times as I want without real punishment.
Would you like to get banned from the game for a longer time because you had a few unfortunate and unexpected disconnects (or even crashes caused by Riot), just to punish intentional leavers harder?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: riots forced 50%
Just carry 4head
: Killing Scuttle Crab should give you a scuttle you can summon to push a lane
: To everyone complaining about Kayle
I'd like to complain but first I'd need a chance to pick Kayle. 90% ban in normals 5% picked by somebody before me and the 5% when I get Kayle i just get trolled because somebody else also wanted to pick Kayle so they think its ok to just ruin the game.
: To those who never get chat restricted or suspended, how do you do it?
It only sucks when you are having a heated discussion about a misplay or bad decision and then the other player is so mad that they report you, because you didn't just agree with them while they were completely unconvincing. And then white knight rito scans that chat and finds something like "you did this and it was bad because..." and they are like, we don't tolerate negativity. Then they tell you that the community doesn't tolerate this, but in reality the community didn't give a shit and just abused the reports as means of retaliation. You can always point at the rules, but you can't ignore that the reports also support this kind malicious behavior. I really have to wonder how this overly strict combat against "negativity" will improve the game. Players will make new accounts and be pissed off even more.
: it can work, but to be sure you need to advise them to end their life. /s
> [{quoted}](name=ScoundrelRuffian,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=X94OlwIV,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T01:25:52.414+0000) > > it can work, but to be sure you need to advise them to end their life. > /s I found that telling team mates to kill themselves is surprisingly ineffective. A possible explanation after doing some fact checks and evaluating my test results is that people who are about to kill themselves tend to focus less on the game while they are considering your advice and secluding themselves from life.
: See your problem is you didn't use any racial slurs. If you use a racial slur when you tell them to stop feeding, they *have* to play better right?
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=X94OlwIV,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T00:07:00.165+0000) > > See your problem is you didn't use any racial slurs. If you use a racial slur when you tell them to stop feeding, they *have* to play better right? I studied this for a long time and trust me when I tell you that homophobic slurs and death threats yield slightly better results, about 9,32% more effective individually and 12,05% more effective when combined. Combined with racial slurs you can increase this further to 12,67% but as you can clearly see there are some diminishing returns. The effects don't just stack additively.
: 14 Day Suspension, Where did I go wrong here?
The supports job is to justify what the system did and they give you general copy paste replies, as you can clearly see, this person isn't even addressing the points you tried to explain, can''t even tell if they took the time to read your message completely. Telling somebody who got banned for inting "you were not trying to win" without pointing at any proof.... you can always do that, takes no brain. I would not believe that they actually reviewed this properly, because the "review" is probably part of the automated system as well. But hey, maybe I am wrong and they reviewed it only to give a reply that looks like copy pasted within 10 seconds, maybe that makes sense? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if this support agent is also just a bot that scans your messages for keywords and then spits out prefab replies, you wouldn't notice the difference.
: When you get caught out and your team starts ping spamming you
I always thank them for warning me about the 5 enemies that are right on top of me, totally wouldn't have noticed that without the danger pings being spammed on top. Retreat pings also sadly don't allow you to break out of 5 seconds cc chain, but I guess the intention is good? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: As a Kayle main.......I don't like her new kit.
Maybe it's time to learn how to lane properly. Shoving like a monkey and harassing at the same time throughout the whole laning phase isn't gonna work as new kayle. Also bullying most champions in early game but then also outscaling them is a bit ridiculous. So maybe take a moment to appreciate that Rito did not make just another ranged top laner like Jayce, Gnar, Kennen, instead they tried to switch it up.
: RiotGames finally understand that this community is toxic LOL
Riot has its own definition of toxic. Riot also promotes toxicity by enforcing dishonest behavior. Riot likes to think that their fight against "toxicity" did any good and they think its good publicity, but in reality the game got even worse.
afmghost (NA)
: Why rant doesn't have voting or responses: a theory
Fun fact: votes would not even matter here, but they continue to allow votes in serious discussions, so players will literally vote instead of expressing their opinion in a way that is debatable. It continues to affect discussions in a negative way. There were multiple threads about this in the boards feedback, but the mods/heralds they simply don't get it. Another point that has been brought up before: Users who have the awareness to declare their own thread as "rant", are most likely not the same people that derail honest conversations with trash talk, polemic comments etc. Ofc the boards are "toxic". But Riot Games actually seems to support that. They don't appreciate honesty. They would rather have a player base that is always "positive" but fake as fuck.
: Patch 9.4 in a nutshell. Frustrating champions edition.
Riven and Jax are disgusting atm. Yorick is kinda insane too but he has more bad match ups.
: Vayne is now at a 53% winrate 26% playrate 60% winrate on mains
I guess that means we need to buff Riven.
FkValeRly (EUW)
: nah this is a ranked soloq game
> [{quoted}](name=FkValeRly,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n5VrVp62,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-02T22:55:47.589+0000) > > nah this is a ranked soloq game Well ok in theory you can have a certain rank but match making happens based on your recent performance relative to your rank, which means it's possible that all these gold players didn't do very well in their recent games and trashed their MMR or vice versa the silver players did relatively well and came from a win streak, but I don't really trust Riots matchmaking. So who knows. I can definitely see some obviously questionable silver builds there and in terms of picks I would say you almost lost in champ select.
Longtowel (OCE)
: Higher MMR than Rank, instant terrible team?
You can only carry to a certain extend. If your team just doesn't think about how to win and stops being helpful you lose. I guess one thing to try is actively hunting bounties to get as much gold concentrated on you as possible.
FkValeRly (EUW)
: riot doesn't give you worse team mates but better oppo-
Is this a normal game? The matchmaking there is just absurd.
Show more

Doombot

Level 60 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion