Rioter Comments
: Great post, it's a shame that you had to tip-toe around and use your words so carefully though. Because obviously one slip-up and you'd find yourself flooded with downvotes from the boards. It's sad, but you're probably still gonna get downvotes even after doing such a thorough job explaining.
> [{quoted}](name=Bronze GOAT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9s6WrAZT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-20T16:59:00.434+0000) > > Great post, it's a shame that you had to tip-toe around and use your words so carefully though. Because obviously one slip-up and you'd find yourself flooded with downvotes from the boards. It's sad, but you're probably still gonna get downvotes even after doing such a thorough job explaining. True sad thing is that peoples emotions are frail as fuck. I'd say be blunt to those snowflakes.
: Remove/Nerf Conqueror
> [{quoted}](name=ToroidalBoss,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6qIyLRA9,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-21T08:18:36.393+0000) > > Conqueror really needs to be toned down or removed. After lots of recent experience with it, the bonus damage it provides is ridiculous. I had a recent game where my 18/5 Lee Sin had gotten 1.5k damage from his electrocute, and the enemy yasuo, who was 14/5 had gotten 3.8k true damage. That is not okay. It needs to either scale up with the game, so it isn't so crazy early game, or it needs to be lowered/removed in general. > > Any suggestions/thoughts encouraged. tone down on the true damage. make it around 5%-10%
: I miss adcs.
> [{quoted}](name=Liquid Sloth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6qIyLRA9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-21T08:27:15.475+0000) > > I miss adcs. (I am trying not to lose my shit over how recent it was they were a pain in the ass.) Ok.
: It's official, Tenacity has become a trap stat, and doesn't actually work
These days, anyone that gets tenacity is a fool. Sad but tru.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NHLLabine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3xAepAZY,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-06-20T04:10:48.817+0000) > > Wow what have you been smoking lad? 420 i assume? I've played since season 4 and that was more balanced than this shit that's out right now. I've played since season 4 as well and never have had as much fun :)
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3xAepAZY,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-06-20T05:02:45.793+0000) > > I've played since season 4 as well and never have had as much fun :) YGBKM
: The Wolves will win
> [{quoted}](name=M00ndanc3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HX9yAArt,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-06-21T01:03:35.704+0000) > > The Wolves will win Stark over Lannister.
Reziztor (NA)
: God King Darius or God King Garen
Darius is a beast, sticking with him. (although Garen's crown and jawline is pretty hot tho)
: {{champion:33}} +{{item:3047}} +{{item:3075}}
> [{quoted}](name=Salvor Hardın,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I8YnNeeW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-19T17:22:44.400+0000) > > {{champion:33}} +{{item:3047}} +{{item:3075}} Don't know brah on paper that is a true counter but since tanks are neutered I am thinking that it wouldn't have a real impact at the moment.
: Don't start that with me. You and I both know you're just sassing about it to blow off steam. The balance team doesn't come here in the first place, because you folks make posts like this here. If you really care that much about being listened to then why do you all act like this?
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PqEEsAdG,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2018-06-20T20:47:32.827+0000) > > Don't start that with me. You and I both know you're just sassing about it to blow off steam. > > The balance team doesn't come here in the first place, because you folks make posts like this here. If you really care that much about being listened to then why do you all act like this? **OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WHAT A SAVAGE BURN BRO!!!** But seriously, I can understand why the balance team as much is I disagree with them, don't come here a lot. honestly is I feel like people on both sides are messing things up and anyone with common sense can do nothing but watch how things become worse and worse.
: Riot's (Bad) Philosophy is Damage = Fun
Not everyone should have damage or be able to build it, if you are a support, you are gonna have to suffer for having so much damage. Hell that is one of the reasons why I believe that heal/shield power SHOULD stay as it allows supports to have enough power to be effective without having to full AP or full damage and lose out on utility or be able to do both. What needs to be done is better tuning of damage, there is too much of it and tank items don't feel like they are that effective while skirmishers now have insane damage and survivability to go in and deal insane amounts of damage without dying despite having little to no raw tankiness.
: > [{quoted}](name=DragonShea,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HfzsQKN9,comment-id=0107,timestamp=2018-06-16T19:59:50.552+0000) > > {{champion:412}} and {{champion:497}} > > Changed from being ranged to becoming lashers. > > A new attack type called "Lasher" will be added in the game due to Thresh and Rakan being pseudo melee champions with a ranged attack champions with a far reaching melee. Lashers can't purchase melee only items but their basic attacks are considered Melee, allowing them to better proc {{item:3302}} due to their semi-melee nature. What if it proc'd based on distance from the target unit?
> [{quoted}](name=FlameHalbrdOkido,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HfzsQKN9,comment-id=01070003,timestamp=2018-06-21T02:36:28.258+0000) > > What if it proc'd based on distance from the target unit? That would be a nice change if procing {{item:3302}} from 300+ units was too OP.
: Junglers Stop Smiting My Cannon.
They steal your cannon. You steal their camp and buff. Let that little bastard know that shit goes both ways.
: and Conqueror is weak
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YxBMNZ1k,comment-id=0003000000010000,timestamp=2018-06-19T05:42:02.030+0000) > > and Conqueror is weak For something that offers true damage that is a funny job.
: Hell don't forget J4, he's shockingly fat for the assassin level burst he dishes out
> [{quoted}](name=KrakenKnight,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YxBMNZ1k,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-19T02:24:41.138+0000) > > Hell don't forget J4, he's shockingly fat for the assassin level burst he dishes out He is a diver, not an assassin.
: I remember just not long ago some ADCs would go top lane to abuse Bruisers and autowin the lane
Speedweeb (EUW)
: It almost feels like Lead Design kinda forgot halfway what made this game popular in the first place
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: Riot encourages players to give up a game. UNACCEPTABLE.
The sad thing is that you can't say "FUCK YOU RIOT, YOUR BALANCE TEAM SUCKS" right because toxic whining is the norm is gonna get drowned out by that. It's sad because the ability to give constructive criticism to riot or the community will be ignored or sidetracked by an answer not directly addressing the problem by riot or the whining and downvotes by the community. It's a hell of their own making.
Elohaven (NA)
: @Meddler The excuse you won't buff towers due to snowball is a bad one
Towers are so weak that I don't even need to get Demolish on {{champion:83}} or other split pushing champs due to how weak towers are.
: What about {{champion:161}} ?
> [{quoted}](name=Rathar Dashing,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HfzsQKN9,comment-id=01070002,timestamp=2018-06-17T02:26:33.396+0000) > > What about {{champion:161}} ? NOPE. NOPE AND EVEN BIGGER **NOPE** Vel'koz is a legit ranged champion so he is should NEVER get a change like that. He already has the ability to pierce Yasuo's wind wall with his AA's
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
{{champion:83}} : Q now heals for ad additional 1%-2.5% at Lv1 to 2%-5% Max HP at Lv 13, based on missing HP when attacking a champion. Flat hp is now heals for 9-75 down from 12-82.
: > [{quoted}](name=DragonShea,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HfzsQKN9,comment-id=0046,timestamp=2018-06-16T00:38:23.448+0000) > > Baseline Tenacity: Certain champs will know gain baseline tenacity in order for them to function in fights. > > Displacement rule. All airbourn effects are now affected by tenacity except for certain CC that is consistarted a "grab or hook" attack i.e {{champion:53}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:412}} You forgot {{champion:266}}, {{champion:122}}, {{champion:131}}, {{champion:240}}, {{champion:111}}, {{champion:14}}, {{champion:72}}, {{champion:50}}, {{champion:154}}, {{champion:106}} , and {{champion:27}} Also{{champion:61}} and {{champion:112}}
> [{quoted}](name=FlameHalbrdOkido,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HfzsQKN9,comment-id=00460000,timestamp=2018-06-16T19:56:07.947+0000) > > You forgot {{champion:266}}, {{champion:122}}, {{champion:131}}, {{champion:240}}, {{champion:111}}, {{champion:14}}, {{champion:72}}, {{champion:50}}, and {{champion:154}} Those were the first ones that came to mind but {{champion:14}} doesn't have a hook and neither does {{champion:72}}
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
{{champion:412}} and {{champion:497}} Changed from being ranged to becoming lashers. A new attack type called "Lasher" will be added in the game due to Thresh and Rakan being pseudo melee champions with a ranged attack champions with a far reaching melee. Lashers can't purchase melee only items but their basic attacks are considered Melee, allowing them to better proc {{item:3302}} due to their semi-melee nature.
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
{{champion:6}}: Changed from ranged to melee champion. Dreadnaut's might. Urgot's basic attacks are considered ranged attacks despite being a melee, allowing him to purchase melee items but cannot benefit from effects that are tied to his basic attacks, all other item benefits still have their effect. Meaning: * He can purchase {{item:3053}} {{item:3077}} * He cannot however use cleave or crescent * He can now make full use of Conqueror.
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
Baseline Tenacity: Certain champs will know gain baseline tenacity in order for them to function in fights. Displacement rule. All airbourn effects are now affected by tenacity except for certain CC that is consistarted a "grab or hook" attack i.e {{champion:53}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:412}}
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
For Spear of Shojin to prevent it from becoming too strong on skirmisher or champions that build AD, make so It only scales with Item AD, not AD base or bonus AD from other sources. {{champion:145}}'s Living weapon passive works on the same principal to prevent it from going on and off when {{item:3124}} grants extra AD, AP or AS. That way champs like Rengar or Jhin can't abuse it.
: Why Ban Yasuo & Uncensored Testicles
Riot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66I78hXXwvk Us: https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a52125e51c31cf3144208632cb459d1c-c
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Kurt Hyzan,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6ETed7jr,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-14T23:29:33.629+0000) > > For clarity, this is the full changelist: > > Alpha Strike (Q) > cost lowered from 70/75/80/85/90 to 50/55/60/65/70 > [Removed] No longer deals bonus damage to minions > > The mana cost reduction is a compensation since him no longer dealing bonus damage to minions will hurt. > > That said, we're still currently testing these changes and may explore other options. Another quote where someone tries to make a logical argument about a nerf or counter that is ineffective.
: For clarity, this is the full changelist: Alpha Strike (Q) cost lowered from 70/75/80/85/90 to 50/55/60/65/70 [Removed] No longer deals bonus damage to minions The mana cost reduction is a compensation since him no longer dealing bonus damage to minions will hurt. That said, we're still currently testing these changes and may explore other options.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Novalas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6ETed7jr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-14T23:27:58.077+0000) > > For clarity, this is the full changelist: > > Alpha Strike (Q) > cost lowered from 70/75/80/85/90 to 50/55/60/65/70 > [Removed] No longer deals bonus damage to minions > > The mana cost reduction is a compensation since him no longer dealing bonus damage to minions will hurt. > > That said, we're still currently testing these changes and may explore other options. For Clarity, His wave clear is not the problem, it's his ability to use his Q to get in and shred someone, also this doesn't affect his jungling sooooo. Bad call because now he will get less punished for spamming his Q and that is his only gap closing tool.
Wanfear (NA)
: Can you PLEASE get over this true damage fetish?
Fiora should only be able to deal true damage based on her ult ranks, not via AD scaling. I'd rather have a fiora that has a fixed radio of true damage instead of someone that can potentially kill someone in one hit. that is not good game design.
: IE should never be a first item on any champion, period. Not even Tryn is a good IE user first item, because it is only efficient on him when he is over 70% rage or so, and he will struggle to build up his rage with base AS and no crit other than his passive. He wants at least another completed AS item like BorK first, then probably the Zeal item, then IE. You should always have a completed Zeal item before completing IE. You can build double BF if you want to just fine, just do NOT build IE until you have at least 25% crit to back it up to make it gold efficient to complete. Finally, IE's value flat out scales up with the global level/armor of the enemy team so that it's crit true damage actually is being used to even penetrate armor. It's at it's lowest raw value early game, and it's highest endgame.
> [{quoted}](name=Steelflame,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z4EZQdLP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-13T21:46:16.507+0000) > > IE should never be a first item on any champion, period. Not even Tryn is a good IE user first item, because it is only efficient on him when he is over 70% rage or so, and he will struggle to build up his rage with base AS and no crit other than his passive. He wants at least another completed AS item like BorK first, then probably the Zeal item, then IE. > > You should always have a completed Zeal item before completing IE. You can build double BF if you want to just fine, just do NOT build IE until you have at least 25% crit to back it up to make it gold efficient to complete. > > Finally, IE's value flat out scales up with the global level/armor of the enemy team so that it's crit true damage actually is being used to even penetrate armor. It's at it's lowest raw value early game, and it's highest endgame. True, the same reason why you never buy {{item:3053}} or {{item:3083}} first. They are not core items on champs.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Ignika D (EUW)
: aatrox is a juggernaut give him two dashes and movement speed ulti {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Ignika D,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tTkh0uNs,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-06-12T18:08:17.474+0000) > > aatrox is a juggernaut give him two dashes and movement speed ulti {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} I was about say that Aatrox has become a juggernaut myself.
Rioter Comments
Sliythe (EUW)
: balancing around pro's is ok to a certain level, 99.9% of your player base however isnt pro..
> [{quoted}](name=Sliythe,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-06-12T10:59:22.812+0000) > > balancing around pro's is ok to a certain level, 99.9% of your player base however isnt pro.. Agreed, if that champion is an outlier than it's cool in my books to do so. the issue is when Riot is forcing pro play changes unto casual players. All that does is ruin the balance of the game because the pro's are a level beyond the casual or competitive players even, they are not playing the difference version of the game.(unless you want to take patch lock into account.
: Fair points, I'd be in favor of that too. I was just asking about something I'd heard people suggest in the past to find out if people thought it would help with things.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-06-11T22:15:08.609+0000) > > Fair points, I'd be in favor of that too. I was just asking about something I'd heard people suggest in the past to find out if people thought it would help with things. Fair enough, but I don't know if nerfing gold gains would be something that would help. Less gold on death in the early game would in my opinion be better as it will reduce the snow balling potential of some champs. And also reducing the damage in the game.
: Riot: Rengar + Stormrazor + Dark Harvest + Duskblade = Totally Balanced
: She is not the only champ that empowered attack is affected by it. There is one I will not mention that can hit for about 2500
> [{quoted}](name=XXXMurderPenguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YhhIJ5cX,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-12T05:04:41.196+0000) > > She is not the only champ that empowered attack is affected by it. There is one I will not mention that can hit for about 2500 OUCH!
: How long til displacements are reduced by tenacity?
I'd say it will happen in season 21.
Malza (NA)
: Gameplay generally has "High counterplay" and "Low counterplay" mixed up.
> [{quoted}](name=Malza,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EduZ7ELI,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-11T23:55:16.603+0000) > > {{champion:39}} {{champion:164}} are not high counterplay champions. Due to their extreme mobility and ability to beat most bruisers/tanks in melee range under proper conditions (which they get to pick the fights due to having high mobility) they have some of the lowest amount of counterplay of any top laners. > > {{champion:86}} {{champion:122}} have extremely high counterplay. Almost every top lane with any modicum of mobility can pick fights at the proper time to outtrade these champions, and they almost always get outscaled if they go even. This is why these champions are never picked in high elo. The problem lies in the fact that Mobility is not pusinable nor does it take a big chunk of a champs power budget. Instead champs with mobility get free power. Riot needs to make champs that have no mobility either have extra power or utility, or make them more tanky. Unless you have fallen too far behind, a champ like juggernauts should feel scared of being immobile. Also their tankiness should allow them to make more mistakes to compensate for them messing up.
: Maybe reduce passive gold gains? I'm not certain about that but it seems like it would help to separate the skilled from the unskilled.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-06-11T21:57:46.193+0000) > > Maybe reduce passive gold gains? I'm not certain about that but it seems like it would help to separate the skilled from the unskilled. More like reduce snowball potential man. the big issue is that one kill in the laning phase decides the game.
Verxint (NA)
: I don't actually have a problem with balancing around LCS at face value. But when they've been balancing around LCS for 4 years and it's still a no action snooze fest where you spend more time watch a team close out a game that's already over than you spend watching them actually compete and the same 15 champs are picked every match, I'm just fucking disappointed.
> [{quoted}](name=Verxint,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-06-11T21:13:33.889+0000) > > I don't actually have a problem with balancing around LCS at face value. > > But when they've been balancing around LCS for 4 years and it's still a no action snooze fest where you spend more time watch a team close out a game that's already over than you spend watching them actually compete and the same 15 champs are picked every match, I'm just fucking disappointed. That is the issue with riot. They say change and balance, yet faover X champs for the last 4 years. it's stagnation under the guise of change bro.
: > [{quoted}](name=DragonShea,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-06-11T18:44:08.983+0000) > > That ain't too much of a problem. but it's a good start !
> [{quoted}](name=Noor Sakata,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-06-11T21:11:30.049+0000) > > but it's a good start ! indeed.
: Won 5 in a row last night, oh well, gotta lose 4-5 this morning, amirite.
Slogg (NA)
: This Game is in Such a Sorry State Right Now
lemme spit some truth on this shit. The game is shit because the dev's don't understand the game itself. They are gone into a belief that they have to appease the pro players when even faker thinks that the game is crap atm. if the dev's are so bullheaded in thinking that their way is the right when things are clearly falling apart it's like the dog in the house on fire. https://i.imgur.com/c4jt321.png Look if the dev's are this ignorant to the problems of league while it's apparent that players themselves are showing more and more understanding of the game due to being long time players then it's safe to say that the dev's are not really fit to being doing their job unless they realise that their short sighted plan for the game is ruining it. When the fanbase is being wise instead of bitching %%%%'s then you know that the devs are fucking shit up badly. I love the game but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't let the devs get away with bullshit like that.
VICKLIUS (NA)
: champion stat balancing
> [{quoted}](name=VICKLIUS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ye6EHVaM,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-11T19:59:57.944+0000) > > have base stats become whole numbers at lv 18, because decimals do not factor in determining outcome. > > > examples: aatrox{{champion:266}} 124.4 ad, arm 97.6, mr 53.4, > > soraka{{champion:16}} 50 .04 base ad, 1370.8 mana, arm 96.6, mr 38.5, 18.3 mana regen > > also, hp & mana regen should be whole multiples of five at lv 18 since it is determined over 5 seconds dude Soraka has 101 AD at lv 18, that is her AD at lv 1. Misleading as fuck right there. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Soraka
: Electrocute needs a nerf first of all , they should bring back Thunderlord
> [{quoted}](name=Noor Sakata,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-06-11T18:18:35.399+0000) > > Electrocute needs a nerf first of all , they should bring back Thunderlord That ain't too much of a problem.
Amoc (NA)
: Get rid of Conqueror, or rework it completely. Tone down electrocute a bit. Now we're in a better place.
> [{quoted}](name=Amoc,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-11T15:19:07.666+0000) > > Get rid of Conqueror, or rework it completely. Tone down electrocute a bit. Now we're in a better place. the true damage needs to be lowered at low levels but rise to a lower level. Maybe set it at 5%-15% perhaps.
: > [{quoted}](name=OurLestrade,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-11T09:31:11.615+0000) > > Encourage people to start building resistances instead of going full damage or at best stacking health and getting confused when they get shredded. Some hybrid AD/Resistance items could be good (E.g: New Atmas) whilst upping the resistances on existing "tank" items to maintain the superior bulk of dedicate raid boss tanks. A billion flaws with this approach, but I think it's in the right direction - I die inside when people build glass cannon then complain about getting popped. If only resistances ACTUALLY DID anything though. Almost all Juggernauts/Fighters build Black Cleaver so that's 24% of your armor gone. AD Assassins CORE BUILD literally just gives them free armor pen. They don't even have to put damage on the side in order to get the pen because they literally get both in the same package. Mages can buy Void Staff. That's 40% of your Magic Resistance gone. Last Whisper got buffed. That's 35% (25%) of your armor gone. And finally, Infinity Edge deals true damage now and that just completely ignores resistances to begin with. Stacking health seems like the better thing to do.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=doaZpsgA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-06-11T09:40:15.419+0000) > > If only resistances ACTUALLY DID anything though. > > Almost all Juggernauts/Fighters build Black Cleaver so that's 24% of your armor gone. > > AD Assassins CORE BUILD literally just gives them free armor pen. They don't even have to put damage on the side in order to get the pen because they literally get both in the same package. > > Mages can buy Void Staff. That's 40% of your Magic Resistance gone. > > Last Whisper got buffed. That's 35% (25%) of your armor gone. > > And finally, Infinity Edge deals true damage now and that just completely ignores resistances to begin with. > > Stacking health seems like the better thing to do. Indeed. One way I think that balancing should have been done is to reduce raw armor shred. Maybe even rework Black Cleaver so that it increases (physical) damage done to the target by the user by 4% per stack instead of it shredding armor. That way {{item:3035}} will remain as a the only real armor pen item.
Show more

DragonShea

Level 75 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion