: They added color-blind mode and removed Corki's PTSD triggering siren so just talk to the right people at Riot and you will get it changed
> [{quoted}](name=Giggle Physics,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=FlzfOEpe,comment-id=0020,timestamp=2019-06-08T16:36:08.791+0000) > > They added color-blind mode and removed Corki's PTSD triggering siren so just talk to the right people at Riot and you will get it changed I want to! I just need to know how to reach them.
: Epilepsy Causing Skin
Also, the people you are calling 'dense defenders' are clearly people who are health conscious and agree that something about these effects need to be done to avoid potential health problems and future lawsuits. Their hearts are in the right place, and should not be made little of just because they disagree with you.
: > [{quoted}](name=EqualMisstaying,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=FlzfOEpe,comment-id=0004000400000000,timestamp=2019-06-08T12:11:33.827+0000) > 1. I do think they should take health into consideration when designing skins, but this topic is not about skins but SKIN. One skin. You made it this way, you put "skin" in the title. if you phrased your post in a way that would include all flashy skins, and THEN named a few examples, it would make sense. But you did exactly the opposite - you named a single skin, you want this one skin changed, and then if another similar skin shows up in the future, you will do what, make a new thread because this one doesn't apply to any other skin except Ezreal's? 2. So, you acknowledge the fact that there are things you could do to avoid the mentioned health hazard, which is what I've been trying to explain to your dense defenders, and yet, you "don't like" doing any of them? So, you consciously choose not to do anything that could maintain your health, but you expect RIOT to do everything they can because it's easier for you? That's my other issue, you're willing to put in 0 effort into anything, but you expect 100 effort from the company. Okay...
> [{quoted}](name=Sugarlicious,realm=EUNE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=FlzfOEpe,comment-id=00040004000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-08T12:28:22.505+0000) > > 1. I do think they should take health into consideration when designing skins, but this topic is not about skins but SKIN. One skin. You made it this way, you put "skin" in the title. if you phrased your post in a way that would include all flashy skins, and THEN named a few examples, it would make sense. But you did exactly the opposite - you named a single skin, you want this one skin changed, and then if another similar skin shows up in the future, you will do what, make a new thread because this one doesn't apply to any other skin except Ezreal's? > > 2. So, you acknowledge the fact that there are things you could do to avoid the mentioned health hazard, which is what I've been trying to explain to your dense defenders, and yet, you "don't like" doing any of them? So, you consciously choose not to do anything that could maintain your health, but you expect RIOT to do everything they can because it's easier for you? That's my other issue, you're willing to put in 0 effort into anything, but you expect 100 effort from the company. Okay... The goal of this thread was to bring awareness to the issue. It is one skin. For now. That doesn't mean that Riot never had epilepsy related issues in the past (they had) and that they never fixed them because they dont care about genuine feedback or criticism (they have). And yes to the last question. Riot made the skin, the skin can cause health related issues to its consumers and everyone exposed to it, and they need to be aware of it. Riot has to take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for fixing said issue. I'm asking them to do someting about the skin effects, not to pay for the medical bills of those exposed to the skin effects.
: > [{quoted}](name=BackdoorPrincess,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=FlzfOEpe,comment-id=00040004,timestamp=2019-06-08T08:45:54.885+0000) First of all, your comparison is completely wrong. The right one would be playing soccer in a **normal** park where one or two people happen to be walking their dogs and threatening not to play at all unless they leave. Actually, the question here is - has RIOT made it clear that this game caters to the epileptic community, or are you trying to make them do so now when skins happen to be a bit flashier? I'm too lazy to go through their rules, but somebody should, and if you can find some disclaimer that says the game is supposed to be safe for **everybody**, then, by all means, continue fighting the windmill. And like you said, they already have to avoid a great number of games, so what makes this game any different?
> [{quoted}](name=Sugarlicious,realm=EUNE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=FlzfOEpe,comment-id=000400040000,timestamp=2019-06-08T10:23:14.875+0000) > > First of all, your comparison is completely wrong. The right one would be playing soccer in a **normal** park where one or two people happen to be walking their dogs and threatening not to play at all unless they leave. Actually, the question here is - has RIOT made it clear that this game caters to the epileptic community, or are you trying to make them do so now when skins happen to be a bit flashier? I'm too lazy to go through their rules, but somebody should, and if you can find some disclaimer that says the game is supposed to be safe for **everybody**, then, by all means, continue fighting the windmill. > And like you said, they already have to avoid a great number of games, so what makes this game any different? No offense Sugarlicious, but you are literally insane if you honestly think it's ok for Riot to ignore basic health concerns when designing skins, with potential hazardous results. Let me clarify a few things: I have never said that I wanted Riot to remove the skin or to no longer implement flashy effects on their skins. I trust Riot to make awesome looking skins that people are willing to pay for. What I said instead was that this skin can be damaging to a person's eyes and that someting needs to be done about it. I have NEVER had an epilepsy seizure up until now, not even after witnessing that effect, but it made my eyes very sensitive to the effect. Imagine watching the same effect multiple times in a single match. Next, your solution to avoid this one problematic skin is a decent, albeit unrealistic, one. I don't like the idea of dodging every single game with an Ezreal pick on it over a skin. This can trigger Leaverbuster with the addition that you are intentionally ruining people's games because of it. I also don't want to tell my teammates "Plese don't play BA Ezreal. I'm sensitive to its FX." I wouldn't like being told to not play a skin I payed good money for just because someone doesn't like its effects. And I expect others to not like it either. Finally, I am not someone who is part of a "vocal minority" trying to get Riot to "cater" to my needs in detriment of the general playerbase. I am just someone with health concerns trying my best to bring this to Riot's attention. But you are free to interpret my post however you want. All I want is an answer from a Rioter. (With that said, +80 upvotes! I can't thank you all enough for your efforts! :D Lets hope a Rioter sees this soon.)
: Even though I do see the problem, you saying "If nothing is done then I am afraid I might have to quit play the game indefinitely.", kinda gives me the threatening vibe. I mean, you could have said "I'll have to keep banning this champ forever to avoid the risk, and I'll never be able to play blind games or aram again", but you choose to hit the "I quit" button right away. For that alone, I'd say don't let the doors hit your azz on your way out.
> [{quoted}](name=Sugarlicious,realm=EUNE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=FlzfOEpe,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-07T19:05:45.456+0000) > > Even though I do see the problem, you saying "If nothing is done then I am afraid I might have to quit play the game indefinitely.", kinda gives me the threatening vibe. I mean, you could have said "I'll have to keep banning this champ forever to avoid the risk, and I'll never be able to play blind games or aram again", but you choose to hit the "I quit" button right away. For that alone, I'd say don't let the doors hit your azz on your way out. I disagree. Nothing is more important than your own health, and if the game is going to threaten my own health for playing it then i will have no choice but to protect myself by not playing the game.
cars3n (NA)
: Upvote so rioters see!
> [{quoted}](name=Thaum1568,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=FlzfOEpe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-07T15:25:18.629+0000) > > Upvote so rioters see! Thank you very much! Yes, rioters really need to see this.
Rioter Comments
: I can confirm. I am also not epileptic myself and after experiencing seeing BA Ezreal being played on ARAM it hurt my eyes as well. I've recorded a short clip of his W proc on turrets in action. [Watch your eyes.](https://youtu.be/nUDfYIwmwOM) I reported this to the Support team but they said that they do not work with the Skin Development team and sent me here to relay my woes. This skin almost makes me want to quit the game out of fear of being blinded by a skin eventually.
I'm not sure if Riot's even going to pay attention to this post even if its super important that they fix this. One can hope.
: Having some ocular issues with what I can only assume is the new Ezreal W on tower (in HA)
I can confirm. I am also not epileptic myself and after experiencing seeing BA Ezreal being played on ARAM it hurt my eyes as well. I've recorded a short clip of his W proc on turrets in action. [Watch your eyes.](https://youtu.be/nUDfYIwmwOM) I reported this to the Support team but they said that they do not work with the Skin Development team and sent me here to relay my woes. This skin almost makes me want to quit the game out of fear of being blinded by a skin eventually.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 14
Hello Meddler, I just though I would share with you some possible solutions to the Ahri problem on her feeling unsatisfying. For starters, we could make her W no longer being auto targeted anymore and instead orbit Ahri for a duration. Within that duration, Ahri can either attack a target to send all three flames flying towards said target, or recast the ability to hit 3 different nearby targets. This would help increase its reliability as a damage spell. Also, after the release of Rakan and reworked Evelynn, I feel that Ahri lost a bit of her identity as the game's resident charmer, being relegated to just a regular mage that runs fast. I think Ahri's charm needs to have a bit more impact, but adding more damage would be too boring. I was thinking about giving Ahri the ability to empower her Charm through her passive. Here's how I would be thinking of doing it: > Triggering the passive empowers Charm, halving its mana cost and granting new effects. The effect will be based on the number of enemies hit with the passive. * These effects cannot stack or be replaced by one another. * Has a duration of 15/20 seconds. Can be represented by a coloured aura circling Ahri. The color represents the triggering effect. * Only applies to the next cast Charm and only affects enemy champions. * Casting but not hitting any enemy champions will remove the empowered benefit. > Empowered E: additional effect based on number of enemies hit while triggering the passive: * Charm 1(4 or less): Duration is increased by 50%. (1,5s/1,88s/2,25s/2,6s/3s) * Charm 2(5 to 8): The slow on the Charm is removed. Damaging an enemy past a certain damage threshold will reduce the target's damage by a scaling percentage and add a decaying slow whenever moving away from Ahri for 1.5 seconds. * Charm 3(9 or more): Damage dealt by Ahri while target is Charmed is increased to 20%. If the enemy is killed while charmed, cooldown is refunded by 50%. Personally I think she'd become a more interesting champion with these changes, but I fear if these changes might make her a little stronger than intended. :P (These are just ideas!)

EqualMisstaying

Level 141 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion