: đź’¬ C&C Discord -- [Information & Verification]
: Still no Minion based champion?
The problem is, Summoner's rift does not exist in the Canon, and Riot exclusively makes champions with canon Lore so a minion-based champion will never happen for that lone reason.
Retrauk (NA)
: New Star Guardian teaser on Twitter
Oh man, Star Guardians collecting the infinity stones
: Olaf Rework Idea
This rework-idea is not too bad, but it has a few things that could need some looking at. 0. The wording. There are many grammar-mistakes which made this kit hard to read. Usually, this isn't something worth mentioning but there are just so many of them. 0. The kit is almost the same, you only really changed the passive and moved the old passive to his W. Not much of a rework but an adjustment considering. 0. Numbers are missing. Cooldowns, Ragnarok's passive armor and MR gain. The missing numbers are further assumed to be the very same as in his old kit, further solidifying that this would be a mini-rework at best. I will give it to you, that passive is somewhat interesting, but it is very, very macro-management reliant considering that next to your AAs you have 2 other variants to slightly fill the rage-bar, furthermore it is depleted way too fast and if you can't stack it you can't use any Abilities. Your Idea for the passive has potential, however it needs much, much more work and preferably some larger changes in other abilities too. As it stands now, you'd completely negate Olaf's viable builds and force him to be an onhit-champion due to AAs being his primary means to charge Rage.
9NexterCz9 (EUNE)
: Which story would you like to move forward after demacia ?
I'd personally like to see Targon Move on. They are a large, I mean VERY LARGE center of the lore as is, and more and more of their villains are coming to light, AND they lost their frontline soldier Pantheon, Aspect of War. Aatrox going on a Siege for Targon's Peak would actually be a nice event, collecting some of Targon's other Enemies (And eventually the other Darkins Rhaast and Varus, with their respective hosts). Targon vs literally everything they pissed off.
: Huh very weird actually. Why the fuck she deals so much damage to you? Your passive reduces damage by 90%. Its not normal for her dash to deal so much damage.
> [{quoted}](name=NyarlathÎżtep,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aNLo3j6e,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-22T09:44:31.600+0000) > > Huh very weird actually. Why the fuck she deals so much damage to you? Your passive reduces damage by 90%. Its not normal for her dash to deal so much damage. Fr the 0.75 seconds after any hit is dealt to him. Afterwards, when the shield collapses, he takes normal damage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=J6KFm8jV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-19T23:14:03.580+0000) > > If I have not misread anything, then it was the Aspect, Pantheon, who tricked Aurelion Sol into wearing the crown, No? It's not directly said he tricked him, or that his magic sustains the crown, but it definitely did help. And we know that the crown was getting weaker, so that's probably why. > [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=J6KFm8jV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-19T23:14:03.580+0000) > > Due to the Lore Rework, Pantheon has since recently been dead, credit to Aatrox for that. An interesting thing to miss is that it doesn't need to be this recently. I don't know how familiar you are with our lore section here (I know you are on the other boards a lot), but Pantheon and Aatrox basically killing each other could be 10 to 7 years in the past. It should definitely be before Bloodline (5 years ago and the latest we know of the Shuriman continent). I hope that means that Riot starts to figure out timeline stuff and clean up the Shurima mess Taliyah left.
> [{quoted}](name=LordRedStone Nr1,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=J6KFm8jV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-20T01:14:54.477+0000) > > It's not directly said he tricked him, or that his magic sustains the crown, but it definitely did help. And we know that the crown was getting weaker, so that's probably why. > > An interesting thing to miss is that it doesn't need to be this recently. > > I don't know how familiar you are with our lore section here (I know you are on the other boards a lot), but Pantheon and Aatrox basically killing each other could be 10 to 7 years in the past. It should definitely be before Bloodline (5 years ago and the latest we know of the Shuriman continent). > I hope that means that Riot starts to figure out timeline stuff and clean up the Shurima mess Taliyah left. Well, in terms of Runeterra's usual timeline regarding aspects and just Targon in general, 10 years would be very recent. Everything that happens with Targon usually spans over the course of several centuries. As far as I am concerned, Targon's sample size for unknown measures of Time is in it's own league.
Rioter Comments
: I ship Morgana and Pantheon now.
I agree with this ship, I just have a few nitpicky corrections. Neither is a fallen Aspect. IDK why they named whatever kayle and Morgana are ALSO aspects, we have 2 kinds of Aspects now which makes differentializing such a big brain effort. As for Pantheon, he is a host that survived an Aspect's death, and carries it's weapons. But as for Bakery, yes. Just yes. They are meant for each others.
: You haven't rebutted the fact that you literally just posted this because you were salty. And no, you've literally made no case whatsoever lolol. And I'm a lawyer, so I'd actually know.
> [{quoted}](name=Gaijin Bengoshi,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=HE2vQBAL,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T21:45:32.970+0000) > > You haven't rebutted the fact that you literally just posted this because you were salty. And no, you've literally made no case whatsoever lolol. And I'm a lawyer, so I'd actually know. No you're not a lawyer, lawyers know that empty and false assumptions equals willingly surrendering a case. That said, your assumption is plain wrong and aggressive. I don't have to rebuttal anything that's not true. This will be my last reply to you. if you wanna continue to try and provoke me, go on ahead. Just gonna lay it out that if you feel this need to actually go out on your way and intentionally try to provoke me just to label me as salty then...well, make what you want out of it.
: Oh, I offered a critique. My critique was that you’re wasting your time with something barely anyone is going to read purely because you’re salty. But go off, I guess {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Gaijin Bengoshi,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=HE2vQBAL,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T15:23:36.445+0000) > > Oh, I offered a critique. My critique was that you’re wasting your time with something barely anyone is going to read purely because you’re salty. But go off, I guess {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} again, what you did was not criticism but it was a personal attack, your entire reply is a list of aggressive assumptions about my person and state of mind behind the making of this post. The arrogant no-fucks-given attitude doesn't help at all. Literally in the TL;DR 1 it was written. "Criticism isn't just saying whatever the hell you want and labeling it feedback". So if you have nothing factual, neutral and anyhow respectful to say, then it was not feedback, and it won't be just because you label it such to play some form of Victim in a he-said she-said scenario. I rest my case proven.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: This is a really nice post and all, but it also saddens me that you actually took the time to write it. mostly because of the fact that rioters don't even visit the boards and it doesn't even matter if people make good posts or not because no body will ever look at them anyway
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=HE2vQBAL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-18T17:00:31.098+0000) > > This is a really nice post and all, but it also saddens me that you actually took the time to write it. > mostly because of the fact that rioters don't even visit the > boards and it doesn't even matter if people make good posts or not because no body will ever look at them anyway This had to be written by someone at some time because it is a guideline for this sub-board that people have to make proper criticism. The fact that it gets neglected half as much as it is alarms me.
: Dude, settle down lol. People aren’t going to respond to things based on this wall of text you wrote because *you* were salty about how people responded to your post. It’s the internet; not the critiquing of an academic paper.
> [{quoted}](name=Gaijin Bengoshi,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=HE2vQBAL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-19T05:26:21.760+0000) > > Dude, settle down lol. People aren’t going to respond to things based on this wall of text you wrote because *you* were salty about how people responded to your post. It’s the internet; not the critiquing of an academic paper. http://magaimg.net/img/8rlq.png You will notice that on top of this little image, it says guideline, and that the last sentence says "Offer constructive criticism" meaning yes, it's a damn rule you have to offer proper criticism. Furthermore, your reply was, if anything, predictable, based on this paragraph I had explicitly written because I know about this kind of assumptions: >The one thing that absolutely destroys your Criticism is when you start to assume, be it current stand, potential goals or gains for the OP. Not only does it make them feel bad, it makes you look bad, even moreso since you come off as aggressive, and again moreso if you are dead wrong, which assumptions have a big tendency to be. Ontop of that, since assumptions are almost always aggressive, you run a REALLY big chance to violate the board's golden rule of avoiding disrespect and rudeness and so not only are you a dick about it but you can get sanctioned with warnings ontop. > Always formate your Criticism about facts and things you CERTAINLY know about the OP and the Post. You came here offering absolutely nothing. No critique, no agreement or disagreement, no discussion of any kind. Absolutely zero intent of respect which does stand in direct violation to the Universal Guideline's golden rule of always being respectful. If anything, your reply has proven why this post had to be made, so thank you very much for that.
Midg3t (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=HE2vQBAL,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-18T18:19:54.787+0000) > > Not exactly, there will always be SOMETHING good to note, hence the very existence of the PIP principe which is the foundation of Constructive Criticism. > > There is no such thing as all-negative or all-positive. Everything has some weakness or strength. Everything. > But positive things arent important if youre criticizing something. I'm criticising stuff I dont like, not the ones I like. So pointing out good things will not make any difference. This might be a dumb example, but let's say some1 makes a constructive critcism regarding Adolf H. Will it matter if i point out that he was nice towards animals and that he was good at painting? Fuck no, every1 will still think he's the most horrible human to walk on Earth. Or let's take the most recent case, Eternals. Yea, they're a nice and convenient way to track some stats regarding your champion, but does it change the fact Riot made it as a quick cash grab? No it doesnt. All in all, pointing out positive things (if there are any) are just fillers and make you not look like youre just hating on everything. > The problem is it requries effort in looking for these things, which means actually reading everything, and that has grown to be a distasteful activity on this board as of late. It's because you dont need wall of text to explain yourself in most cases. Take your post for example. Do i rly need to read the whole part about nitpicking and generalising, or is enough to read an example of nitpicking and an example of how to correctly go about it? I would say the second option is better because it's shorter but it's explains pretty well what you wanted to say.
> [{quoted}](name=Midg3t,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=HE2vQBAL,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-18T18:55:52.644+0000) > > But positive things arent important if youre criticizing something. I'm criticising stuff I dont like, not the ones I like. So pointing out good things will not make any difference. > > This might be a dumb example, but let's say some1 makes a constructive critcism regarding Adolf H. Will it matter if i point out that he was nice towards animals and that he was good at painting? Fuck no, every1 will still think he's the most horrible human to walk on Earth. > > Or let's take the most recent case, Eternals. Yea, they're a nice and convenient way to track some stats regarding your champion, but does it change the fact Riot made it as a quick cash grab? No it doesnt. > > All in all, pointing out positive things (if there are any) are just fillers and make you not look like youre just hating on everything. > > It's because you dont need wall of text to explain yourself in most cases. Take your post for example. Do i rly need to read the whole part about nitpicking and generalising, or is enough to read an example of nitpicking and an example of how to correctly go about it? I would say the second option is better because it's shorter but it's explains pretty well what you wanted to say. That is why it is not constructive criticism but absolute criticism. If you read further down you will see in detail why you have to also seek out good things. The idea is that you give suggestions to improve what was bad WITHOUT changing what was good, and if the opposite does not know what was good the could accidentally make it worse. Therefore constructive criticism must feature addression of positives as well. It is for motivational sake but also to prevent accidental casualities which would cause the critique to start anew. And the more criticism someone receives the worse they feel. Self-esteem is a thing that needs to be respected And just to have it laid out: Constructive criticism can't really be given to the likes of your first example with Adolf. I mean it could, but the target audience is dead for nearly 80 years now
SEKAI (OCE)
: Fun fact: Look at the bottom right corner of Candy King Ivern's splash art. https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/559/928/large/christian-fell-ivern-kingcandy-final.jpg?1475006406
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=ZEGMFqJU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-18T18:16:20.297+0000) > > Fun fact: Look at the bottom right corner of Candy King Ivern's splash art. > > https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/559/928/large/christian-fell-ivern-kingcandy-final.jpg?1475006406 OH MY GOD NO
Midg3t (EUNE)
: I took only short summary cuz it would take me ages to respond to the entire post. > Constructive criticism is a critical approach with intent to improve the criticised material. True. > You offer insight in what you think was bad, and empathise on what was good. What if we dont think anything is good when talking about the cetain topic? > You keep a neutral stance to your thoughts and they are completely focused on the topic at hand. To be Constructive means your feedback must Construct. The only time you will make a criticism about something is when you dont like certain aspects of it. so it's not possible to be neutral when criticising something. > Everything you say must possess a suggestion of improvement in some shape or form. By your logic everything regarding gameplay balance or punishment system can be discredited because it's not constructive criticism. No1 in here knows how exactly their suggestions may impact things I mentioned. Therefore, our suggestion most likely wont be 100% improvement. This one is rly flawed. This is why you think people dont know how to make constructive criticism, because you've set impossible standards. > Constructive criticism must not be absolute, otherwise it is Absolute Criticism, which does not offer any constructivity, but merely states with no room for debate or improvement. Agree. > To give Absolute criticism is to contain a solely negative or solely positive point of view in your critique and to refuse any approach on how to build on weaknesses and specialize in strengths. To give Constructive Criticism is to avoid the bias of Like/Dislike. False. Like I said, you will criticise something you dont like. Why yould you criticise and seek improvement in something you already like? Makes no sense. Because of this, every criticism will be based off a negative point of view.
> [{quoted}](name=Midg3t,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=HE2vQBAL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-18T17:47:16.725+0000) > > I took only short summary cuz it would take me ages to respond to the entire post. > > True. > > What if we dont think anything is good when talking about the cetain topic? > > The only time you will make a criticism about something is when you dont like certain aspects of it. so it's not possible to be neutral when criticising something. > > By your logic everything regarding gameplay balance or punishment system can be discredited because it's not constructive criticism. No1 in here knows how exactly their suggestions may impact things I mentioned. Therefore, our suggestion most likely wont be 100% improvement. This one is rly flawed. This is why you think people dont know how to make constructive criticism, because you've set impossible standards. > > Agree. > > False. Like I said, you will criticise something you dont like. Why yould you criticise and seek improvement in something you already like? Makes no sense. Because of this, every criticism will be based off a negative point of view. Not exactly, there will always be SOMETHING good to note, hence the very existence of the PIP principe which is the foundation of Constructive Criticism. There is no such thing as all-negative or all-positive. Everything has some weakness or strength. Everything. For example, if someone deliberatedly made a shitpost with everything wrong, the positive could be a decent taste in satire, and if someone made everything perfect, it is very likely that they required a LOT of time, too much to be anyhow efficient in their work. The problem is it requries effort in looking for these things, which means actually reading everything, and that has grown to be a distasteful activity on this board as of late.
: I was wondering what he was even going to build. About the only atk speed item garens normally get is triforce. He can't stick on anyone well enough to use attack speed well anyway
> [{quoted}](name=Shiroe Okazaki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JNnI1G4R,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-17T22:07:32.944+0000) > > I was wondering what he was even going to build. About the only atk speed item garens normally get is triforce. He can't stick on anyone well enough to use attack speed well anyway His E also procs onhit effects, aka frozen mallet slow.
: Rioters not commenting on the boards doesn't mean they still don't visit them. Riot Interlocutioner even admitted to being more of a lurker than a poster when I expressed surprise and joy at seeing a "new" Rioter on the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=HE2vQBAL,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-18T17:20:41.342+0000) > > Rioters not commenting on the boards doesn't mean they still don't visit them. Riot Interlocutioner even admitted to being more of a lurker than a poster when I expressed surprise and joy at seeing a "new" Rioter on the boards. This. Some Rioters do tend to be active at times, there was a period where Riot Bazooka would comment on almost every post in SA&S and C&C
Rioter Comments
Falrein (EUW)
: Syndra's timeline and her cursed name
This is the very first post about Syndra that I read in months and it is very interesting indeed. I haven't yet caught up to her new lore, but I guess it has also changed since her old lore was that she had her powers imprisoned as a kid and released them like 15-20 years later in a fit of rage, but that based on generational birth she'd be about Irelia's age. This is extremely interesting and I will probably take the read this week.
Rioter Comments
O Pirilau (EUW)
: Ree'Ara, the God Shard bearer
>Late 20's but he's actually a couple thousand years old ***ANIME TIDDY PLOT INTENSIFIES*** --- Joke aside: There are some unique parts about this kit which I personally like. The Kit in itself seems to be very synergetic around Hybrid scaling, with AD and Ap scaling being everywhere. This poses a good rivalry against Shyvana and Akali. Furthermore, he is very tricky with ranges giving him both the ability to make decent plays and to be difficult to master. However, there are quite a bit of improvements to make. For starters, the formating was painful to read. Your post, before anything else, could use an overhaul in organisation. Furthermore, you could name your skills with their respective buttons, Q 1 2 and 3 made it seem like there were just 3 parts of his Q which, as you can imagine, can be very confusing. Lastly, try to make your champion less god-absorbed. As the previous commentor said, this was painfully edgy, which on one part is unique since we don't have a champion THIS edgy (Sorry kayn, not sorry) but on the other hand it is very unappealing to most of the community. Your kit has great chances to be likeable. It is fairly balanced in spite of all the steroids it posesses, which is incredibly difficult to do. But yeah, work on your formating and try to reduce the edgyness.
Rektagon (EUW)
: Uh...maybe the name?
> [{quoted}](name=Rektagon,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=dt5xAQWX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-18T13:14:41.689+0000) > > Uh...maybe the name? The name isn't really a problem. While yes, generic and common, there seems to be no fault with it. Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case, sorry, my bad.
: Dunkmaster Mordekaiser.
His W could be animated as Morde gaining a Tank Top of different colour and it rips itself off when he hits the heal and changes colour to the original when it expires.
: Joana, the Knifeslinger 🔪
A few points to address: The kit synergy is unique, I like it because it's just new enough to be different, but not so outstandingly new that people intentionally go look for the smallest thing that isn't. However, the power is way too high. This champion's killspike at 6 is at least 3x as high as Viktors and Zeds and that says something very, very drastic. Your damage potential is WAY too high for a champion who, based on cooldown, charges function and costs, is meant to be a brawler type of champion. You need to definetly tone down the damage numbers or give her large penalties to compensate. All in all, this kit has potential, but it needs quite a bit of work. And it would do well to maybe add some more about the champion. A kit alone can tend to be a bit dull. Maybe a little lore, a personality, stats, a rating or at the very least a recommended playstyle with analytic strengths and weaknesses. If you can expand the potential and work on your balance you could do quite some good kits in the future, I am sure.
: when youre chat restricted can you see /all chat?
as far as I know, you can. You just can't write in it yourself.
: Damn, you’re touchy lol
> [{quoted}](name=Gaijin Bengoshi,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=VWoyzo94,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-08-18T03:20:02.045+0000) > > Damn, you’re touchy lol Am I? Or am I simply educated and share concern on others not being? Always only the single worst negative assumptions, it's downright predictable. That said, all I did was offer knowledge to the subject he did bring up, remind him that religion as a whole is indeed forbidden, and did share a personal dislike for this being a serial occurance.
: I think you may want to change her name, dunno what may pagan mean in your regions but it is not really a pleasant or positive word to have along in a lot of parts of world, especially the religious ones that directly associate the word with satanism and in some it literally refer to someone that to satanic rituals.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=VWoyzo94,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-17T23:40:01.785+0000) > > I think you may want to change her name, dunno what may pagan mean in your regions but it is not really a pleasant or positive word to have along in a lot of parts of world, especially the religious ones that directly associate the word with satanism and in some it literally refer to someone that to satanic rituals. Actually...that is in it's entirety wrong. The term Pagan was created somewhere around 4th century A.C. as a means for Christianity to degratory label ANYTHING they deemed unfamiliar. It was a generalized degration of any belief that was not christian and the connection to satanism came from that. I'd strongly advise not to make religious connections, the entire topic and it's sub-discussions are banned from the boards and the last thing I need is my post getting locked because someone decided to break the board's blacklisted topics rule for a solely negative review. Whoever educated you in what "Pagan" as a word means was either moronic or a dangerously fanatic religious, either way, you'd do well to learn the proper nomenclature about it. Aside from that, there are many much more known associations with the name, particularily a Record label named [Pagan Records](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_Records). And as for a personal note...it's kinda getting annoying that people intentionally refuse to give feedback and just look for THE single worst possible reference or comparison to give me. I would edit the name if I could change the title, but I can't for some reason, and knowing my rotten luck, someone just might say I am lying, so I would screenshot it for evidence. That said...I'd appreciate it if there was feedback about more than just the name...I spend a LOT of hours of effort into this post and have to always put it in capital bold that proper feedback means fair review about the entire content, and giving both negatives and positives. I can do absolutely NOTHING and learn absolutely ZERO if a miseducation is the ONLY feedback I get... It's like you tell someone "You are shit" and refuse to answer them Why. That is very depressing. Please don't do that.
Rioter Comments
SionCsaplak (EUNE)
: Actually, the reason they changed Lee's voice actor, was because of the controversy surrounding Vic Mignogna (his previous VA) Earlier this year, he was accused of sexual harassment by fans and industry colleagues, and has lost many of his roles as a result. Rito doesn't want their reputation tarnished
> [{quoted}](name=SionCsaplak,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LOn9acde,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-08-17T18:22:28.337+0000) > > Actually, the reason they changed Lee's voice actor, was because of the controversy surrounding Vic Mignogna (his previous VA) Earlier this year, he was accused of sexual harassment by fans and industry colleagues, and has lost many of his roles as a result. Rito doesn't want their reputation tarnished you say that as if they haven't already destroyed their reputation with their own scandals.
: Is $2,000 a year a whale? I thought whale was considered at least 10K. Then again, League doesn't have as many micro transactions as other games
> [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vegwF0Et,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-08-17T08:33:59.223+0000) > > Is $2,000 a year a whale? I thought whale was considered at least 10K. Then again, League doesn't have as many micro transactions as other games 10k a year, EA would love you.
Rektagon (EUW)
: [CUSTOM Concept] Sapphirus, the Crystal Archon (Tank Mage)
Overall decent kit, simple and understanding lore that does not force grand changes the likes of Sylas would. But if your intent was for a tanky mage, then I would tone down the damage a little. His combo potential is absurd and makes his tankyness unnecessary. Who needs to tank any damage if the enemy is dead in one buttonroll? That said, said tankyness does balance itself with his kit and it doesn't create any notable contradictions. The synergy is there and rather simple to spot so people don't have to read this kit over and over again. Personal recommendation: Work a little on your formatting of the post. You can use many different fonts to differentialize your pagagraphs even more and make reading simpler. use - 3x for a split, like this: --- use one hashtag (#) to enlargen titles like this: #AYEEEE and you can use quoting (>) to separate something or serve as a replacement for () like this: > whaddup doc
Lock On (NA)
: Mordekaiser is still broken
The reason he is so broken is because of the combination between Ravenous Hunter secondary and Conquerors Primary ontop of his passive. He heals for more than 1/4th of MAX HEALTH DAMAGE he deals in an AoE, to minions and champions and monsters alike. Slap a Spirit Visage ontop of it and he is so damn unstoppable, grievous wounds make so little difference. You are either so busy countering his damage that you neglect his healing or you are so busy countering his healing that you neglect his damage. It's such a disgusting trade off. Does he either face roll your damage or does he face roll your health bars?
: I believe Reav3 did say he's interested in bringing some of Qiyana's sisters into the game eventually, but I don't think they're coming anytime soon. We also, to my knowledge, only really know about 2 of them. Inessa, who she crippled for life, and Mara, who she pretty much tried to kill by leaving the secret path to the village open, and I don't think this champion is either of them, and we don't really know enough about her other sisters to really confirm nor deny that this is one of them. I won't deny the fact that she's probably from Ixtal, though.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kPNEORLV,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-08-17T02:02:26.684+0000) > > I believe Reav3 did say he's interested in bringing some of Qiyana's sisters into the game eventually, but I don't think they're coming anytime soon. We also, to my knowledge, only really know about 2 of them. Inessa, who she crippled for life, and Mara, who she pretty much tried to kill by leaving the secret path to the village open, and I don't think this champion is either of them, and we don't really know enough about her other sisters to really confirm nor deny that this is one of them. > > I won't deny the fact that she's probably from Ixtal, though. Yeah, it being one of her sisters is unlikely, hence "for the heck of it". But judging by the symbol shown in the teaser trailer, I personally have strong reason to believe she's either Ixaotan or at least comes from there. As for her background...idk about you, but it strongly looks like a temple of sorts. The construct is DEFINETLY stone, and it seems to be at night. Were it any city, it would probably either have more lights, or lack them entirely. However, her large weapon on her back contradicts everything so far because it looks a lot like tech rather than magical artifact. Qiyana does have a distinct opinion about Piltover, something about mocking their futuristic tech-based civilization in contrast to her own magic-based one. Maybe this champion is Ixaotan by birth, but more associated with Piltover? It would create pathways to the connection as to why Ixaotans have a very specific set of opinions about Piltover and probably Zhaun too. Furthermore her choice of clothes looks very Punk-ish, which would further establish that she is either a "bad kid" from Piltover or Zhaunite, at least in the present. TL;DR Ixaotan immigrant living in Zhaun or Piltover. Would explain the tech-based weapon on her back as well as the symbols in her teaser trailer. However, this is really just a theory. #A GAME THEORY
: Addressing The Supposed "Very Non-Traditional" Marksman Leak
Looking at the short teaser trailer, it's clear you can see two squares and a circle inside the second one, which is inside the first one. I do believe that symbol was used for bird's eye view of a Contrast sketch which ended up being Ixtal's frame. So my guess is she's Ixaotan, and probably one of Qiyana's sisters for the heck of it.
GreenLore (EUW)
: There was already someone who posted the exact same theory(dunno if you are the same person). And I have to tell you, that the story of the 5th horsewoman is completely made up by the person who wrote the blog, it's not based on actual myths. There are however 2 interpretations of the first horseman, one being conquest, the other being pestilence and said horseman is also associated with 2 items, the bow and the crown, so it'd be easy to split this horseman into 2 champs.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2htm92F2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-16T14:26:14.037+0000) > > There was already someone who posted the exact same theory(dunno if you are the same person). > And I have to tell you, that the story of the 5th horsewoman is completely made up by the person who wrote the blog, it's not based on actual myths. > > There are however 2 interpretations of the first horseman, one being conquest, the other being pestilence and said horseman is also associated with 2 items, the bow and the crown, so it'd be easy to split this horseman into 2 champs. Pestilence is more commonly known due to the religious association, but basically what you said.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qenNYvox,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-08-16T23:31:13.122+0000) > > > Honestly Swain dropped just as large, if not even larger bombs, but most of them are basically just first steps to other, separate continuations, basically half way entered progression in lore EVERYWHERE, where Sylas took one piece of lore and progressed it fully. > > Never the less, All lore development has been equally amazing. I'd actually argue Sylas even without the continuation argument, mostly for the fact that Swain's arguments and lore tidbits were rewrites of current Noxus lore. In addition, Sylas makes an actual change in the status-quo after the retcon has already been finished, meaning that Sylas is affecting things that have been established and ready. There's also the fact that most of Swain's tidbits are not so much lore impact as it is expanding on existing things we knew existed: Kai'sa is basically Kass's daughter, Ionia fought Noxus and won, etc etc. Swain didn't really "alter" or progress anything in an impactful way other than shedding a bit more light. Conversely, Sylas not only shined light on Demacia but actively had a part in changing it and the status quo.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMĂĄrvelous,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qenNYvox,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-08-17T01:20:55.579+0000) > > I'd actually argue Sylas even without the continuation argument, mostly for the fact that Swain's arguments and lore tidbits were rewrites of current Noxus lore. In addition, Sylas makes an actual change in the status-quo after the retcon has already been finished, meaning that Sylas is affecting things that have been established and ready. > > There's also the fact that most of Swain's tidbits are not so much lore impact as it is expanding on existing things we knew existed: Kai'sa is basically Kass's daughter, Ionia fought Noxus and won, etc etc. Swain didn't really "alter" or progress anything in an impactful way other than shedding a bit more light. Conversely, Sylas not only shined light on Demacia but actively had a part in changing it and the status quo. I agree with you entirely, but I am sticking to your title which says lore impact as a whole, meaning both present and past. Sylas is impacting the present lore whereas Swain made revelations about details and confirmations of past lore. I repeat, I agree with you entirely, and I did specify "If it were not continuation to argue"
: Sylas's Introduction has had more lore impact than any previous champion: Change my mind.
If it were not continuation to argue, I would say swain did. He, while mostly dropping scattered pieces here and there, in the union of those pieces dropped some FAT bombs of lore and lore theory, which a big chunk of directly relates to Noxus. - We now know for sure that Marcus Du'Cuteau is dead and that Katarina is on a constant plot to kill swain, which he tolerates for his personal amusement. - Swain confirmed that Kai'sa was Kassadin's lost daughter. - Opened the gateway to the lore behind Ionia's Ancient Magic and the relicts of wars older than history documented, which I damn well hope Riot will further explore in the future. - Revealed that the one behind the Void is potentially one of A-sol's siblings created with the first breath of the virgin Universe. - has revealed the full background behind the war of Noxus and Ionia, which served as a lore-wise humiliation because Ionia didn't win, but Swain ordered the full retreat after he killed Darkwill and established the Triumvirate. - Gave way in forms of a Confession that the truce with Demacia is just a farce and that there is intent to spark the conflict again. - Confirmed that Noxus, at least since his take on the leadership, has had no association with the killing of Vastaya. - Revealed that the Immortal Bastion possesses secrets of powers and Magic older than Mordekaiser's rulership, one of which is the demon that he took into himself. Honestly Swain dropped just as large, if not even larger bombs, but most of them are basically just first steps to other, separate continuations, basically half way entered progression in lore EVERYWHERE, where Sylas took one piece of lore and progressed it fully. Never the less, All lore development has been equally amazing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eF0pseA2,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T22:01:00.373+0000) > > Well, they could, but the problem is, checking on who gave the downvotes is not possible I believe, not yet set up for this board (Reddit has the function but it's morbidly forbidden to check) > > The thing is, they could lock this post. They could disable voting until they fix this at the very least. At least then sorting would be fair instead of decided by some loser with a bot. They could raise the voting level. There *are* things they could do without Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eF0pseA2,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T22:04:43.635+0000) > > They could disable voting until they fix this at the very least. At least then sorting would be fair instead of decided by some loser with a bot. They could raise the voting level. There *are* things they could do without Riot. but yeah...1 mio question is, will they
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eF0pseA2,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-08-16T21:30:15.090+0000) > > Whoever downvote manipulated you didn't even try to hide it. 32 downvotes in a single minute, literally from one refresh within the same damn minute. Yeah they don’t hide it. They don’t need to. Neither Riot nor the mods see it as a problem so nothing will ever be done.
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eF0pseA2,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-08-16T21:51:18.597+0000) > > Yeah they don’t hide it. They don’t need to. Neither Riot nor the mods see it as a problem so nothing will ever be done. Well, they could, but the problem is, checking on who gave the downvotes is not possible I believe, not yet set up for this board (Reddit has the function but it's morbidly forbidden to check) The thing is, they could lock this post.
: How dafuq did this get downvoted
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsune Kawaii,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eF0pseA2,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-08-16T21:40:34.851+0000) > > How dafuq did this get downvoted Someone manipulated downvotes. Literally 32 downvotes in a single minute. You can bet your ass that was some shady ass bot work.
: Why did I get banned? I barely use any hate speech at all, never more than twice a game!
Whoever downvote manipulated you didn't even try to hide it. 32 downvotes in a single minute, literally from one refresh within the same damn minute.
Rioter Comments
: > OHMWRECKER: Stats: - **_3000hp_** - 70 Armor - 30 Magic Resistance Excuse me? > - UNIQUE: Active: Cancel target Turret Fire on target Ally and reset turret's Champion Damage modifier for consecutive hits. Afterwards, Turret will focus item wielder instead. Cooldown 100 Seconds. Thats even worse than current active > - Void Portal: Next time you are defeated, you will respawn within 10 Seconds at the Portal. The Portal will then disappear and the Placement cooldown for Portal Placement will be set to 120 seconds regardless of it's previous cooldowns. So, you die, respawn after 10 sec and die again because enemies will wait you there, correct? > Old ZZ'Rot only offered a slight split push which took the attention of maybe one enemy champion for a couple seconds to get rid of it. Thats how a split push should work. You are not supposed to make 2-3 champions go and miss the teamfight with 1 item. > - UNIQUE: Passive: All healing given and received is increased by 10%. Does not stack with other Item heal increases for healing applied to other allies. Bad idea, you are making this item look like a waste to buy after other +healing items > - Mikael's Mercy: Lasts for 8 Seconds. Cleanse current Disabling effect on allied Champion. The next disabling Effect (Stun, Root, Surpression, Transform, Knockup) Will be Spellblocked and enemy Champion to cast blocked Disabling Effect will be slowed for 20% for 2 seconds. Thats probably the most op item active possible. Mikael is already pretty strong in high skill/pro games, and this active is effectively old active+8 sec spellshield that can only be removed by hard cc, and will cc you for it. So if there is enemy adc who we need to cc, we have to waste 2 hard cc spells for the 3rd one to actually work.
> [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=dFA8muea,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-16T13:29:06.229+0000) > > Stats: > - **_3000hp_** > - 70 Armor > - 30 Magic Resistance > > Excuse me? > > Thats even worse than current active > > So, you die, respawn after 10 sec and die again because enemies will wait you there, correct? > > Thats how a split push should work. You are not supposed to make 2-3 champions go and miss the teamfight with 1 item. > > Bad idea, you are making this item look like a waste to buy after other +healing items > > Thats probably the most op item active possible. Mikael is already pretty strong in high skill/pro games, and this active is effectively old active+8 sec spellshield that can only be removed by hard cc, and will cc you for it. So if there is enemy adc who we need to cc, we have to waste 2 hard cc spells for the 3rd one to actually work. The 3000 hp was a typo. I corrected it. And jesus...so much pessimism. Like, wow, even the mule in Winnie the Poh has better thoughts. That said, I still apprechate the review, even if it was just worst case scenarios without any decent, good or even best cases considered.
Rioter Comments
: Random and Unnecessary Buffs & Changes for Every Champion
>Drunken Rage allows Gragas to ignore his child support payments for the duration. I had a good laugh
Slaylnc (EUNE)
: Harbinger Kassadin [Splash Art] **Work in Progres**
: i mean, whats there to differentiate those things with "experimental builds" and "off-meta" builds? and thats just saying you havent found a way to make them work yet, not necessarily that they don't work period.
> [{quoted}](name=TimX24968B,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fX8iNbcU,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-13T23:17:31.547+0000) > > i mean, whats there to differentiate those things with "experimental builds" and "off-meta" builds? and thats just saying you havent found a way to make them work yet, not necessarily that they don't work period. Because they specifically are builds that are known and confirmed to not work at all. Zed can't use aftershock since he has no hard cc and not a single ap ratio in his kit so ap items are borderline useless, MF has shitty base damage but high AD scaling so full tank on her is wasted and nautilus got no healing so enchanter build with athenas grail and michael's don't work at all either. Just to go with those 3 examples. Experimental and off meta anyway are a very thin line and, as Riot has revealed after the smite support singed drama, is only okay if the ENTIRE team agrees to it. If so much as one person says No, or you don't communicate it at all, then by their book you are considered a troll, no discussions. And that is what makes them trolls, they do these things without communicating it, we have no strategy to make it work even remotely, and we end up losing games because of this.
Tele II (NA)
: ...stuff like bronze bravery? Whats that? Just curious. Unfortunately, Riot enforces a very verrrryyyy loose meta. The chances of your pick being considered trolling by Riot are slim to none.
> [{quoted}](name=Tele II,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fX8iNbcU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-13T21:35:24.906+0000) > > ...stuff like bronze bravery? Whats that? Just curious. Unfortunately, Riot enforces a very verrrryyyy loose meta. The chances of your pick being considered trolling by Riot are slim to none. Bronze bravery is doing the one build on a champ that absolutely does not work. Tank MF, AP zed with aftershock, Enchanter Nautilus, that kind of stuff. Literally the highest form of champion-specific trolling.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Eternal Torment

Level 52 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion