: A skin line that never happened THE DUNK/Sports
Unlike Darius these champions can't pentadunk though, so maybe they could have different basketball positions that fit them better: Dunk Rival Garen Small Forward Vi Shooting Guard Xerath VS Dunk Master Darius Small Forward Yasuo Shooting Guard Ziggs Kinda like Veigar is the Final Boss and later Battleboss were added.
Grurunge (NA)
: New Ivern skin??
A Maokai skin for Ivern? A Voidbringer skin would fit the darker theme, but not step too much onto Maokais toes.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=3V1QkJN0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-26T03:22:18.653+0000) > > Man, anyone else remember when there was only 2 genders? How many are there now? like 315 1/2? Genders are like the twin towers, there used to be two of them but now it is offensive to joke about that.
FullBrave (EUW)
: Project Veigar ♥
PROJECT is inspired by human cyborg warriors like from Metal Gear Rising. A magic using Yordle doesn't seem compatible with that.
: > [{quoted}](name=FloRaider42,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-21T18:51:35.610+0000) > > How is that a contradiction? I don't care about their sexuality, which actually should be the main goal of LGBT, since acceptance as a normal phenomenon is better than always being treated seperatly. I only care about the relationship and to me it doesn't matter what gender both people are. Their sexuality should not be the main focus and neither should it be something mentioned offhandedly for no reason, it should be a natural part of the character. The contradiction exists in that someone like Zoe's quotes for Ezreal ARE insignificant to her as a character, yet you justify it, but someone like Taric can't have lines for Ezreal or Garen in the same way because it's insignificant (and "forced diversity," as you say), but if you go any more than that, then you inflate his affections to being more like Rakan and Xayah's (and then it's defining them by their sexuality). Furthermore, Xayah, Rakan, and Lucian have heterosexual relationships as the main focus, and just about every other champion has heterosexual comments that are offhand parts of their personality. Heterosexual representation has both aspects of what you would dislike if they did when adding in homosexual relationships and comments. So see what's wrong here? You don't leave any room for an organic representation of a homosexual affection or relationship because you strike down both instances where it could occur. > > What narrative would Taric flirting with a male serve? He values beauty and is a protector so maybe he could be attracted to a bishounen who needs protection (oh god EzrealXTaric makes sense). You have to admit though, that this is pretty lackluster compared to Illaois flirts , which are tied to her lore. What narrative does Taliyah's flirting with Ekko serve? Or Ekko's flirting with Jinx? Or Zoe flirting with Ezreal? None of them have their flirting serve ANY narrative reason at all other than to show us they are humans appreciating other humans they find attractive for whatever reason. Illaoi's flirts for Braum and Gangplank are only phrased in the context of her lore, much like Taliyah's flirt with Ekko is phrased in her context as an earth bender, as Illaoi mostly makes innuendos towards the men, and to claim that they're only tied to her lore is a little shortsighted when she's talking about things like Braum having the stamina for her. The only characters in which flirting fits any kind of narrative built around them is Ahri and Evelynn, who use their sexiness as a weapon, so I find it a very weak case to try to say that only flirtation tied to lore and narrative should matter when it clearly does not in most cases. > > Don't these servers have english version as well? If they are only avaiable in their native language then this would work indeed, although you still have to work extra instead of just translating. BTW what about Russia, isn't that in EUNE and somewhat homophobic? I'm not going to profess to know about Russia's place in the EU servers, so I can't speak for it; However, I do know that part of the EU servers are in English, because people often complain here on the boards about other languages spoken on their servers. Either way, translations for other servers is already hard work anyway, because some phrasing and terminology may not make sense on other servers (remember the rushed odd translation of Kayn, the Shadow Stalker that made him Kayn, the Shower Stalker?), so it will have to be rewritten anyway. It's not as much "extra" work as you're making it out to be, it's just omissions in a lot of cases.
Considering her character is that of a chidish girl a "crush" on a handsome boy serves her characterisation. >The fact that Taric seemed to be thumbing his nose at his destiny as well as his country enraged Garen. So no relationship there and considering that Tarics lore is all about finding beauty in everything it would seem odd to limit his flirts to a few people. >heterosexual ***relationships as the main focus***, and just about every other champion has heterosexual comments that are ***offhand parts of their personality*** Yes, I want the relationship to be the focus and not the sexuality and any flirt or other comment to serve the characterisation or narrative. How does that leave no room for homosexual relationships? >What narrative does Taliyah's flirting with Ekko serve? I admit I don't know a reason for this one. Maybe because he is an archeologist? >Or Ekko's flirting with Jinx? Serves to hint at their backstory (street gang from Zaun where VI may come from?) and their duality (good and bad side of Zaun). >Or Zoe flirting with Ezreal? Childish actions from a childish character. (Aka it serves her characterisation) >Illaoi's flirts for Braum and Gangplank Yeah the comments to Braum are a lot less about her lore, but Gangplank fits her religion and they also crossed paths in their lore, so it makes sense to show that they have a relationship. >Heterosexual representation has both aspects of what you would dislike if they did when adding in homosexual relationships and comments. You seem to assume that I have double standards for homosexual comments, but if they are added in a similar fashion as the current heterosexual comments (serves lore/characterisation/thematic) then I would appreciate it.
: > [{quoted}](name=FloRaider42,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-05-21T16:37:35.884+0000) > > Illaoi flirts with two people that follow her religion and Zoe has a childish crush on a traditionally handsome boy, which all fits their thematic and serves a narrative purpose. I wouldn't mind Diana and Leona getting past the differences between Lunari and Solari and developing a relationhip while doing so, Cait struggling with "no dating on the job" and her feelings for her partner or TF and Graves making ~~out~~ up after they finally cleared up their misunderstanding that split them for years. I just don't want the sexuality to be a main focus (the relationship should be) or so insignificant it is clear it was added for "diversity" (like Taric x Ezreal or any other "btw he is gay" moment). > > The only problem with your idea is that you would have to create an extra english version for each server, since I do believe that Russia and China do have people that can speak and read english, which would just add costs with no profit. There's a major contradiction in your first paragraph, You start with saying how you'd like it if the pair of characters like Diana and Leona, TF and Graves, Vi and Caitlyn had relationship bits added in, but then follow by saying you don't want sexuality added in to be a main focus or insignificant... You leave no room at all for sexuality to be added in at all. And you have to recall, Xayah and Rakan and Lucian have their straight relationships plastered all over their lore and their very being. They are heavily defined by their love for the other person in their life, so why is there a double standard when it comes to gay relationships or flirting? Why would someone like Taric flirting with Ezreal be "added for diversity" or so extremely different from Zoe having a crush on a handsome boy? Why would anyone having a homosexual flirt or comment for someone they like be different at all from Illaoi flirting with men she approves of? The truth of the matter is, there is no difference at all. It wouldn't be forced diversity, it would just be one human responding on their feelings towards someone else. Except as you see it, if Illaoi flirts, it's because they follow her religion and fits her narrative, but if someone like Taric flirts with a male, it's forced diversity and doesn't fit any narrative... In regards to the servers, what I presented is not some idea. They actually DO have servers for the regions that are specific to the languages prevalent in those regions, i.e. the Korean servers have all of the written and audio content in Korean. Since they would HAVE to rewrite all the material in the native language of the servers they're on (i.e. Korean), if a region doesn't condone homosexuality, then they simply write new lore for those characters on those regional servers that is acceptable to that region's laws and whatnot. There is absolutely nothing stopping Riot from having someone like Vi be lesbian in the English speaking servers (to my knowledge, these are the NA, EUW, EUNE, and OCE servers), and then remove the parts from her lore and VO of her being a lesbian from like the Chinese servers when they do the written and verbal elements of her character on those servers. All it is is a matter of changing the writing and the voice actor scripts when they localize the elements to the other languages servers. I am not proposing they add any extra servers, only modify the content they localize to certain servers that may not be accepting of the content as it is on the English speaking servers like in NA and EU.
>You start with saying how you'd like it if the pair of characters had relationship bits added in, but then follow by saying you don't want sexuality added in to be a main focus or insignificant... How is that a contradiction? I don't care about their sexuality, which actually should be the main goal of LGBT, since acceptance as a normal phenomenon is better than always being treated seperatly. I only care about the relationship and to me it doesn't matter what gender both people are. Their sexuality should not be the main focus and neither should it be something mentioned offhandedly for no reason, it should be a natural part of the character. >Except as you see it, if Illaoi flirts, it's because they follow her religion and fits her narrative, but if someone like Taric flirts with a male, it's forced diversity and doesn't fit any narrative... What narrative would Taric flirting with a male serve? He values beauty and is a protector so maybe he could be attracted to a bishounen who needs protection (oh god EzrealXTaric makes sense). You have to admit though, that this is pretty lackluster compared to Illaois flirts , which are tied to her lore. Don't these servers have english version as well? If they are only avaiable in their native language then this would work indeed, although you still have to work extra instead of just translating. BTW what about Russia, isn't that in EUNE and somewhat homophobic?
Arakadia (NA)
: What proof is there if Diana and Leona? Or Caitlyn and Vi? Evelyn is a total grasp for straws. Most of the examples I listed do not serve a purpose. There is no narrative reason they included Ekko's interest in Jinx. It hints to their backstory but it didn't need to express Ekko's attraction to Jinx. Which is the issue. It didn't need to include the part where Ekko's was attracted to girls. It shouldn't be a problem that there was unnecessary inclusion of someone's sexuality (whether he is bi or heterosexual) but apparently that is a problem. Further more you have cases like Ezreal and Lux or Zoe and Ezreal. Random romances with totally unrelated characters who really shouldn't have much interest in one another EVEN IF they somehow had met. Zoe's childish crush makes sense but it doesn't add anything to the lore. Another example is Rumble's silly crush. It doesn't serve a purpose. It's not a crucial part of his story but that's okay.
>There is ***no narrative reason*** they included Ekko's interest in Jinx. ***It hints to their backstory*** but it didn't need to express Ekko's attraction to Jinx. You are contradicting yourself here. It does serve a purpose, it expresses their dynamic and backstory. Sure it doesn't need to be a crush, but that is actually the easist way to represent their relationship: "We used to be friends, until you talked to the gun" doesn't carry near as much weight as his budding love being torn apart by Jinxs developing "Rules/Buildings/People are meant to be broken" personality. Note that this would still work if Ekko was a girl or Jinx a boy, so it's not about their gender, but their relationship. So yes the fact that Ekko was attracted to Jinx at some point (he could still be bi) does have a reason to be included. I feel like Zoes crush does add to her childish personality, so while it doesn't add new narrative it helps in characterisation. Same thing for Illaoi who is attracted to people who follow her religion. Didn't Rumbles crush used to add to his story in the older lore? The mech is called Tristy so I always assumed he built it to impress her. Still am confused by Ezreal X Lux, but https://media.lolusercontent.com/api/embedly/1/image/resize?url=https%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-I2eCsL-8_WM%2FWahhQnjp9OI%2FAAAAAAABEwg%2Fj90w0o0fqWgU1Nc58jZNZjDO6CKOPRh-wCLcBGAs%2Fs1600%2F050ea44b907a1ceb.png&key=a45e967db0914c7fb472fd4381e6c85b&width=425 Most relationships revealed do serve a purpose and, apart from maybe Tryndamere and Ashes political marriage in the old lore, the narrative would still work if they were LGBT.
: The claw looks fairly different in my opinion, but different people see things differently as well. Anyway, the fact that she is assymetrical unlike Kha breaks the resemblance alot for me to differentiate them. In general, that claw looks way heavier and clunky than Kha'Zix. Just because both are insect limbs doesn't make it too similar in my view. That would be like saying that Tahm Kench and Nami are too similar, since they both are humanoid fish.... And imbalance can be a good thing in her design, don't you think? ____________________ About chemtech being less robotic, I don't see that such a big problem with the design. {{champion:6}} Urgot has major parts of his body replaced with machines as well, but he is still a great example of chemtech design. As long as her head stays human, I don't see a big problem here. I would definitely want to keep the mechanical spine, since this adds again into her creepiness, imo. _____________________ But in general, what do you think about a terrifying chemtech augmented female from Zaun? Would that be something you are interested in or don't you think that has a place in the champion roster?
>That would be like saying that Tahm Kench and Nami are too similar, since they both are humanoid fish.... Yeah an overweight catfish and a mermaid have as much resemblance as a slightly clunky metal mantis scythe and a thin biological mantis scythe... Considering Chemtech Trynda looks clunkier than normal Trynda, it would make sense for Chemtech Kha'Zix to have clunkier scythes as well. Yes the asymmetry helps in disginguishing their shilouettes, but her asymmetry doesn't look very appealing to me, since it seems to weigh her down instead of serving a purpose. It could also just be her posture, which has both arms spread in perfect balance, which seems wrong. --- At least Urgot has a human upper body, but she looks almost completly robotic. BTW what about those breathing machines and tubes connected to the body Urgot and Chemtech Trynda have? ---- I agree that she would be **a good addition as a Zaun representative**, but I am honestly more interested in what she would add gameplaywise...
Aerith (OCE)
: Arcade Ekko (Rito pls)
What gametype is that even supposed to represent?
: > [{quoted}](name=FloRaider42,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-20T20:34:46.052+0000) > > I am totally not a homophobe, but... > > I am not a writer so I don't know how accurate this thought is, but it often seems like gay characters in fiction vary between being token gay (aka stereotypical) and toned down gay (with only occassional hints). I assume it is hard to write a character so his sexuality is not a defining part of his whole personality, but also developed enough to impact his story. > > Considering that LoL is played worldwide I don't know how if other countries and demographics impact the decision to show LGBT characters as well. > > BTW what about Vi and Caitlyn, I thought they had some subtext as well? It's not hard to write characters where sexuality isn't a defining part of their personality. Take Illaoi for example, or Zoe. Both have comments about their affections towards guys, and that doesn't dominate who they are. Why would being gay mean that it would be any different? Furthermore, they did a remarkable job with Tamara (I think that's her name) in Progress Day. She had a very tiny aside when she got cat-called by a former lover girl on her way to the Ferros Clan house, and it, again, didn't dominate her personality. Additionally, what you're failing to see about the whole world-wide thing - the lore and voice overs have to be written in other languages anyway, so if changes need to be made due to laws and regulations, it's extremely easy to do for lore and voice. So for instance, having Diana be a lesbian in English speaking servers has no affect on the Russian or Chinese servers, because they can simply rewrite her lore and voice in nations that heavily frown upon it.
Illaoi flirts with two people that follow her religion and Zoe has a childish crush on a traditionally handsome boy, which all fits their thematic and serves a narrative purpose. I wouldn't mind Diana and Leona getting past the differences between Lunari and Solari and developing a relationhip while doing so, Cait struggling with "no dating on the job" and her feelings for her partner or TF and Graves making ~~out~~ up after they finally cleared up their misunderstanding that split them for years. I just don't want the sexuality to be a main focus (the relationship should be) or so insignificant it is clear it was added for "diversity" (like Taric x Ezreal or any other "btw he is gay" moment). The only problem with your idea is that you would have to create an extra english version for each server, since I do believe that Russia and China do have people that can speak and read english, which would just add costs with no profit.
: Sybille by Anastasia Mardumova
>I don't see her resemble Kha'Zix too much Her claw-arm definetly looks like something a chemtech Kha'Zix skin could sport IMHO It bothers me that she sports a cape and an somewhat elegant body, but then the claw-arm creates such a big imbalance. Also shouldn't chemtech be less robotic and more human, since the chems are pumped into the body?
Arakadia (NA)
: I don't log in to my imgur account on my computer and I can upload pictures all the time. I don't see why you felt that my comment was anti-discussion and not worth being seen.
>I don't see why you felt that my comment was anti-discussion and not worth being seen. What do you mean by that? My only problem is with: >You don't have to use imgur either. It may be true, but I already said that so I don't understand why you repeated it.
: Aren't there hints with champions like {{champion:99}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:142}} ? There's a few champions with crushes if I recall correctly, like {{champion:245}} to {{champion:222}} with his quote, "I had a crush... until you started talking to the gun." Then there's {{champion:41}} {{champion:420}} , {{champion:86}} {{champion:55}} hints all over the place, {{champion:4}} having a shared skin with {{champion:28}} (although that probably doesn't count as romantic, it **is** possible to dance platonically. Not to mention TF didn't die from it, so there). I'd have to dig for more examples, but they *are* there. There's varying levels of hints about character sexuality with varying levels of importance to story. I don't blame people for wanting more diversity in it, but I don't think Riot is as bad as some are making them out to be. I realize, after reading what other people are saying, that I and others come across as a little too strong when it comes to presenting diversity, but on the flipside there are champions who are open with their heterosexuality but not *blatant* about it either and the some LGBT folk just want their fingers in that pie.
>but on the flipside there are champions who are open with their heterosexuality but not blatant about it either and the some LGBT folk just want their fingers in that pie. The reason why it strikes me as hypocritical is that there are hints of other sexualities (Diana + Leona, Caitlyn + Vi, TF + Graves, Varus + Varus, Eve + everbody else) already. ***There definetly could be more***, but some people act like those aren't good enough. I already responed to Arakadia about the reasoning behind some of those characters having their attractions revealed and almost ***all serve (or have served) a narrative purpose***. You definetly could have changed those characters gender and the narrative would still work, but since they ended up with their current gender during the design process it seems ignorant to see that as being homophobic. I wouldn't mind if Ekko was a girl genius (he is probably male, because of the punk imaginery and the fact that he gets hurt over and over again in his lore/teasers), since the fact that he used to have a crush on Jinx still hints at their backstory and serve as a tragic reminder of their similiarity and differences (one represents the good in Zaun, while the other the bad). The only relationship mentioned that serves no purpose is Ezreals, but I have the feeling Taric is reponsible...
Arakadia (NA)
: > Source? Can't seem to remember that one... There isn't a single source. Zoe, Ezreal, Camille, Urgot, Ekko, Rumble, Katarina, Garen, Ashe, Tryndamere, Ahri, Alistar, Cassiopeia, Gangplank, Illaoi, Xayah, Rakan, Elise, Darius, Lucian, are all confirmed to have or had attraction to the opposite sexuality. That doesn't count the characters like MF or Evelynn who carry out extremely explicit heterosexual actions as this doesn't _truly_ say anything about their romantic or sexual attractions. > Like what for example? Ezreal apparently having interest in Lux despite that having no story potential. Rumble's crush on Tristana having gone no where and adding nothing to the story. Ekko confirming he had a crush on Jinx. The list goes on. > Am I? All I am saying is that you shouldn't add a characteristic for the sake of adding a characteristic. Why not? > His corpse could just be bloated and darkened from water or it could just signify his origin as a bilgewater native etc., but the art development probably has some clues towards his appearence. Nope. [Riot confirmed he is black and that you are incorrect. ](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/A2sEakEY-yo-pyke-is-black?comment=00000001) Its not even like him being black signifies his origin in bilgewater because his ethnicity is foreign. It was just a characteristic added for the sake of adding it. (Probably also because we have black characters.)
Didn't I already tell you why those characters had their relationships revealed? Almost all serve (or served) a narrative purpose, apart from Urgot and Alistar. Ezreal crush probably was created in response to TarixXEzreal shippers, so it serves an out of game purpose. Rumbles crush on Trist used to be more important (building the mech to impress her/ being a rival of Teemo because of it), but we have to wait for a Bandle City lore update to see if it goes anywhere. Ekkos crush on Jinx seems to hint at a greater backstory (remember those Vi was part of the gang theories and others?) and shows that both are similiar (representatives of Zaun), but grew apart (one represents potential for good the other for chaos). >Why not? Because that is like filling a checklist and not good storytelling. The story would still be about avenging a loved one if Senna was a guy Lucian was in love with, but just saying "character X likes Y now" is just lazy and adds no narrative value. >As a port city, Bilgewater has many people with different cultures and skin colors that call it home. Funny that the comment you quote even explains the reasoning behind it and I wasn't even completly off (instead of a native he is an immigrant).
Arakadia (NA)
: You don't need an imgur account. You don't have to use imgur either.
>You do need to use imgur ***or something similiar*** Heck even the [Board User Guide](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/64ypaBVX-boards-usage-part-1-formatting) mentions Imgur as an example
: > [{quoted}](name=FloRaider42,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=0005000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-20T22:45:59.198+0000) > > Considering she looks like a child, her "sexuality" is probably just supposed to be a childish crush to play up her energetic brat archetype. I mean she dislikes Lux for being taller and calls her a rival. That said as I already mentioned in the post you replied to: That's the point though, there is no reason, but it's still happening. But should this be removed because it offers nothing to her story wise?
I wouldn't call it no reason. It definetly makes her seem less mature and airheaded. >But should this be removed because it offers nothing to her story wise? Why stop there. Remove Zoe altogether :P Jokes aside I do feel like Zoe didn't need to have a crush on Ezreal and it could have been removed without any impact. They definetly are more generous with quotes than they used to be. Makes me wonder if they would add more hints with CaitxVi, DianaxLeona if they would get relaeased now or get a voiceline update.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=FloRaider42,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=0005000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-20T22:45:59.198+0000) > > Considering she looks like a child, her "sexuality" is probably just supposed to be a childish crush to play up her energetic brat archetype. I mean she dislikes Lux for being taller and calls her a rival. That said as I already mentioned in the post you replied to: Camille had a boyfriend called as Hakim. He plays a big part in her lore. Something you can't miss if you had read it.
Considering Hakim just needs to be a good Hextech engineer and a love interest for Camille, he very well could have been female and the story would play out very similiarly.
: > [{quoted}](name=FloRaider42,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=00050001000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-20T21:52:03.884+0000) > > Don't see a reason for those characters to have their sexuality revealed unless I am missing something here. > > Cass used to be a seductress so her sexuality might come from back then > > Ezreals sexuality was very likely revealed to stop the Tarix X Ezreal meme, not that it stopped the shipper > > Ekko used to love Jinx and it may build towards a tragic relationship, with one symboliting the good and the other the bad aspects of their city. > > Rumble used to swoon over tristana and his mech was implied to be built for impressing her. Waiting for lore update for bandle city for any updates. > > Katarina and Garen have a forbidden love going on > > Ashe and Tryndamere used to be married. No reason in the current lore, but this info is probably a remnant from then. > > Ahri might have needed that clarification since her charm affects female champions as well. Shippers didn't care... > > Gangplank is basically a posterchild for Illaois religion (take things by force and keep moving forward) so it makes sense they have a relationship. I dunno about Camille and Urgot, but Zoe talks about finding a boyfriend or something in game, while also talking about how Ezreal is cute. Don't see how that has any bearing on her story at all. Sounds like they went out of their way to put someone's sexuality in the spotlight to me, doesn't it you? People always claim that sexuality has no bearing on the champion, or that there's no reason for anyone in the game to be gay, using it as a shield, but when that Varus(an actual good representation of a gay character's introduction, or two gay characters' introductions) video came out, everyone was in an uproar. It's this kind of hypocrisy that gets on my nerves. Most people claim that it has to make sense, but when it does they come unbuttoned. Not saying you're one of those people, you could be, you could not be, but I don't think anyone here has said that "it shouldn't make sense".
Considering she looks like a child, her "sexuality" is probably just supposed to be a childish crush to play up her energetic brat archetype. I mean she dislikes Lux for being taller and calls her a rival. That said as I already mentioned in the post you replied to: >Don't see a reason for those characters to have their sexuality revealed unless I am missing something here. I feel like Varus fits the "it has to make sense" requirement quite nicely. Using the love between two people to fight the darkin possession makes sense lorewise and the fact that they are gay (or at least bi) isn't a definying aspect of the story. I hope they change his voicelines to show that though. Nobody said "it shouldn't make sense" word for word, but seeing the daily life of a champion isn't what I would call compelling narrative although there would be fans for something like that as well. My only requirement is that the sexual orientation should be revealed for a reason, feel natural and serve a purpose other than "diversity".
: Would allowing the reader to see that aspect of their relationship involve "making that information public"? We as readers have the privilege of being able to see the private moments between characters that are just as important to building up their characters and personality. Maybe there's no reason for Caitlyn and Vi to announce to their coworkers that they have a relationship, but a scene like a comfortable quiet moment with just the two of them would establish that relationship just fine without running into a problem like that. There's always a creative solution for conveying that information to the reader. Leona and Diana, for instance, don't even have to be in love as they are now in their story. Diana is on the run and Leona has discovered some kind of big secret that she needs to tell Diana. This seems to be a major part of her motivation to search for Diana. What happens when they find each other? This secret could be something that could lead to reconciliation and the unification of Solari and Lunari. Throughout this process Diana and Leona could grow closer and eventually become lovers. This is just an example to show that you don't have to spell it out to write a plausible relationship.
Caitlyns status as the proper officer and upholding the law, while following her feelings definetly could create some interesting narrative. You are right that it still would create interesting stories without involving a public reveal (although the stakes would be higher). So are you now agreeing with me in that it should serve the narrative?
Arakadia (NA)
: Zoe, Ezreal, Camille, Urgot, Ekko, Rumble, Katarina, Garen, Ashe, Tryndamere, Ahri, Cassiopeia, Gangplank, Illaoi, etc. are a list of champions who have sexualities/relationships revealed that serve minimal purpose, if any. Representation is still something lgbt people can enjoy. Representation is also good for normalizing lgbt. There are plenty of things in the game that don't serve a purpose, but are simply enjoyable.
> Urgot Don't see a reason for those characters to have their sexuality revealed unless I am missing something here. Zoe seems to only have a childish crush on a handsome young man Camille had a boyfriend called as Hakim. He plays a big part in her lore. Cass used to be a seductress so her sexuality might come from back then Ezreals sexuality was very likely revealed to stop the Tarix X Ezreal meme, not that it stopped the shipper Ekko used to love Jinx and it may build towards a tragic relationship, with one symboliting the good and the other the bad aspects of their city. >"I had a crush, until you started talking to the gun" Rumble used to swoon over tristana and his mech was implied to be built for impressing her. Waiting for lore update for bandle city for any updates. Katarina and Garen have a forbidden love going on Ashe and Tryndamere used to be married. No reason in the current lore, but this info is probably a remnant from then. Ahri might have needed that clarification since her charm affects female champions as well. Shippers didn't care... Gangplank is basically a posterchild for Illaois religion (take things by force and keep moving forward) so it makes sense they have a relationship.
Arakadia (NA)
: > It does make some sense if you look at it while considering the conservation of detail. Basically every extra information about a character should serve a purpose as otherwise it wastes time to code/write. Is that why Riot went out of their way to confirm 20+ champions as having heterosexual attractions? Is that why Riot goes out of their way to write quotes about insignificant details? Representation for lgbt people is not a burden. Don't treat it like one. > Has Pykes devlog been revealed already? I think I missed it... BTW "in real life" is a rather weightless argument when you talk about a fictional world You don't need a devblog to see that Pyke is black. And there really can't be a justification for why Pyke is black. It's possible that he is black, just like its possible Sion was homosexual, but there is no reason for why they made him black besides representation. Its a fictional world. That doesn't mean you make whatever you want unbelievable and unrealistic.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2018-05-20T21:25:28.512+0000) > > Is that why Riot went out of their way to confirm 20+ champions as having heterosexual attractions? Source? Can't seem to remember that one... >Is that why Riot goes out of their way to write quotes about **insignificant** details? Like what for example? > Representation for lgbt people is not a burden. Don't treat it like one. Am I? All I am saying is that you shouldn't add a characteristic for the sake of adding a characteristic. > You don't need a devblog to see that Pyke is black. His corpse could just be bloated and darkened from water or it could just signify his origin as a bilgewater native etc., but the art development probably has some clues towards his appearence.
: You can think a little more creatively than that... there are many different ways an f/f couple could have a child, or a similar loved one that could use the same themes, right?
But I said that the story would still work (since it is about sacrificing personal attachements for the greater good)... {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} I only dislike the idea of forcing sexuality when it serves no purpose: Cait and Vis relationship could create problems, since they are partners in the policeforce and dating on the job is a bad idea, so why would any of them make this information public? Leona and Diana could totally be in love to make the Lunari Solari clash more tragic, but that reminds me too much of romeo and juliet. Jinxs sexuality has very little to do with her character, since she probably values the fun more than the relationship.
: Not really sure what you mean by your edit... For instance, in Darius's lore, there is a comic that reveals his relationship with a woman. You can read it [here,](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/comic/darius/bloodofnoxus/) if you like. Would you argue that this is forced and unnecessary? How would you feel about the exact same comic if Darius was a female champion?
That comic in question was about sacrificing your love and child for Noxus, so a female champion would only be able to fullfill the first part of that goal. If you opt for a female champion the story would still work, but as so many people have mentioned already: **The revealed sexuality serves a purpose in the narrative**.
Arakadia (NA)
: Some people argue that there needs to be a reason for a character to be gay. That it has to have a purpose (like Varus's romance). The thing is, in real life, lgbt characters don't have to justify themself or their existence. There is no justification or reasoning for why Pyke is black, and it doesn't interfere with his character so its fine. Similarly, there doesn't need to be a reason for a character to be gay. And including lgbt representation in a game to look good and inclusive isn't a bad thing. Thats would be like saying that donating to charities to look good and compassionate is a bad thing. Even _if_ the motivation wasn't true, its st ill a positive effort. So I am all for more diversity. Statistically, there should be multiple lgbt characters in League.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-20T20:15:36.701+0000) > > Some people argue that there needs to be a reason for a character to be gay. It does make some sense if you look at it while considering the conservation of detail. Basically every extra information about a character should serve a purpose as otherwise it wastes time to code/write. So if you bother talking about the sexuality of a champion (most of them don't have theirs confirmed for this reason) you should have a reason for doing so. >There is no justification or reasoning for why Pyke is black Has Pykes devlog been revealed already? I think I missed it... BTW "in real life" is a rather weightless argument when you talk about a fictional world
: Hi Riot, I'd like to have an honest, earnest, and open conversation about gay characters.
I am totally not a homophobe, but... I am not a writer so I don't know how accurate this thought is, but it often seems like gay characters in fiction vary between being token gay (aka stereotypical) and toned down gay (with only occassional hints). I assume it is hard to write a character so his sexuality is not a defining part of his whole personality, but also developed enough to impact his story. Considering that LoL is played worldwide I don't know how if other countries and demographics impact the decision to show LGBT characters as well. BTW what about Vi and Caitlyn, I thought they had some subtext as well?
: She reproduces by eating honey fruit, which is why she goes after them as soon as she sees them.
> [{quoted}](name=Spooky Peaches,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2cpE0jBV,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-20T16:10:58.448+0000) > > She reproduces by eating honey fruit, which is why she goes after them as soon as she sees them. Great now I feel terrible for scaring her off whenever she tries to eat it... {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: Katarina needs a visual update
I wouldn't say she **needs** a VU, sure it would be nice, but there are other champions that are in dire need.
: how do you copy pictures onto the boards
Doesn't posting the link show the picture? https://pre00.deviantart.net/bd90/th/pre/f/2017/266/b/c/yasuo_01_by_sungben-dbodnpl.png https://i.imgur.com/x5s9cMy.jpg You do need to use imgur or something similiar to upload your picture to the internet first though...
: Unusual duo?
{{champion:122}} + {{champion:4}} with siege ults? Not a fan of artificial synergy anyway, but you don't really give enough information to judge this concept in the first place.
Aubanelis (EUW)
: Animation When A Champion Revive
Some champions don't leave corpses behind anyway, maybe add a small fading animation for the bodies.
: > [{quoted}](name=FloRaider42,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=p4kdlKGK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-19T16:03:57.616+0000) > > Hope you don't mind dropping in with a quick review: > > --- > > Is there any particular reason why he is Ionian? Jhin already is an Ionian serial killer and he does fit the spiritualism theme with his focus on art, whereas this champion seems much less refined and brutish. > > How many different effects are avaiable and are there special recipes or only one with different effects depending on stacks? Does the food heal or only give buffs? > Interesting idea, although I feel like it should focus less on cannibalism and more on the cooking aspect (we already have champions focused on eating). > > Is he slowed down or stationary while channeling and how long is the duration? Again name seems disconnected from the ability. > The Ultimate interaction seems unnecessary as it punishes enemies for escaping and limits the appearence of the chainsaw, which should be played up in the kit, since cleaver (mundo) are already used by champions. > > He has Nautiluses terrain interaction, Blitzcranks minion interaction and Threshs champion interaction (without recast). To differentiate himself he shouldn't overlapp that much and combine multiple effects (look at Pyke and his new spin on a hook ability). Punishing an enemy for escaping seems contradictory to be honest. > > A point and click ranged fear sounds like a better Fiddlesticks Q to be honest > > The grab should have a really low duration and ground him, so he can't run off with the enemy champion, especially since there isn't a lot of counterplay (compared to Tahm Kench W). The hook seems to have decent counterplay (health) and seems fun to play with and even against. The powerfull DOT seems unnecessary as the focus should be on the CC IMHO > > --- > > The Ultimate and Passive introduce interesting mechanics, but could use some more finetuning. The basic abilties (especially E) need a bit more work as they feel somewhat generic and should empower his thematic more. Lore: Yes, it would fit in more with his visuals (chinese, blood-stained outfit), I'm currently working on his voice lines and he has a lot of special interactions to Jhin. Cannibal: I haven't worked out the amount of recipes yet, but what I imagine is there will be a lot, with different ingredients and different effects (speed, heal, mana, resists) Q: As I said, this is WIP, my previous idea was him channeling then spinning up his chainsaw and attacking for massive AS, I could change it back. For counterplay, yes, he's stationary while channeling but this was to compensate the massive damage. W: I tried to give him an engage and an escape at the same time, it turned out a bit too complex... E: It was previously a WW W thing where he limits the vision of a certain enemy and then gains massive MS towards him, but since warwick W was known to be OP, I changed it. Ultimate: The powerful DoT was there for a reason, if Yin caught the enemy jungler invading and he was near Yin's base, he could just hang him and he'd hang there for the entire game unless someone risked rescuing him who might ALSO be hanged for the entire game, the DoT is basically there to prevent roamers being hung on a hook for the entire game.
> [{quoted}](name=PiggyTheAstro,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=p4kdlKGK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-20T08:50:28.956+0000) > Lore: Yes, it would fit in more with his visuals (chinese, blood-stained outfit) Visuals can also be achieved by skins, what about his character makes him Ionian? What do you mean with chinese outfit? > Q: As I said, this is WIP, my previous idea was him channeling then spinning up his chainsaw and attacking for massive AS, I could change it back. Does he hold the chainsaw forward and the AS is just how fast the chainsaw rotates or does he strike with increased AS? > Ultimate: unless someone risked rescuing him who might ALSO be hanged for the entire game Considering the effect this R should have a pretty long CD... >the DoT is basically there to prevent roamers being hung on a hook for the entire game Why not just add a max duration or allow the hanged champion to attack the hook himself?
RaiN4ER (NA)
: REWARDS FOR COLLECTING ALL THE SKIN FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF CHAMPS
I got all of Aurelion Sol skins :P Jokes aside: * It is much easier to get all skins for newer champions than older champions * Some skins are incredibly hard to get compared to others (Mythic or Legacy for example) * New skins are released all the time * A lot of players might not want all skins and only enjoy a few skins of a champion
: Skeleton Fiddlesticks
For some weird reason you don't want skeletons if your games is avaiable in china.
xShiir0 (EUNE)
: Blessed Scythe Kayn
What would the two different paths (Shadow Master and Darkin) lead towards? Xianxia does occassionally feature transformations, but they usually are under the control of the practicioner and not a hostile takeover.
: [Champion Concept] Saul, The Dream Eater
Not really that important, but I just want to point something out: > immense powers, comparable even to the void The Void is one of the, if not the strongest faction, capable of destroying entire regions and armies with just one portal. Comparing that to being able to kill 15 soldiers and **losing** against a tribe of humans shows that Saul is probably weaker than even a singular Void champion.
: Yin, the Bloody Butcher [WIP]
Hope you don't mind dropping in with a quick review: --- >Lore: Is there any particular reason why he is Ionian? Jhin already is an Ionian serial killer and he does fit the spiritualism theme with his focus on art, whereas this champion seems much less refined and brutish. >Cannibal (Passive): How many different effects are avaiable and are there special recipes or only one with different effects depending on stacks? Does the food heal or only give buffs? Interesting idea, although I feel like it should focus less on cannibalism and more on the cooking aspect (we already have champions focused on eating). >Fruit Ninja (Q) Is he slowed down or stationary while channeling and how long is the duration? Again name seems disconnected from the ability. The Ultimate interaction seems unnecessary as it punishes enemies for escaping and limits the appearence of the chainsaw, which should be played up in the kit, since cleaver (mundo) are already used by champions. >Fresh Meat (W) He has Nautiluses terrain interaction, Blitzcranks minion interaction and Threshs champion interaction (without recast). To differentiate himself he shouldn't overlapp that much and combine multiple effects (look at Pyke and his new spin on a hook ability). Punishing an enemy for escaping seems contradictory to be honest. >Psychopath (E) A point and click ranged fear sounds like a better Fiddlesticks Q to be honest >Butcher's Bill (R) The grab should have a really low duration and ground him, so he can't run off with the enemy champion, especially since there isn't a lot of counterplay (compared to Tahm Kench W). The hook seems to have decent counterplay (health) and seems fun to play with and even against. The powerfull DOT seems unnecessary as the focus should be on the CC IMHO --- The Ultimate and Passive introduce interesting mechanics, but could use some more finetuning. The basic abilties (especially E) need a bit more work as they feel somewhat generic and should empower his thematic more.
: Lesbian Scuttlecrabs?
[Sauce](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-514-notes#patch-rift-scuttler) Maybe we just encounter the female scuttlers ingame, since the females are bigger and more noteworthy?
: Syndra's Crown and Morgana's Gown
>Why does Syndra have an elaborate headpiece and a nice dress? Because Karma has a very similiar outfit (the only difference being a different color and a bigger headpiece instead of a floating ring) and Syndra is her dark(-ish) counterpart? >Then we get some magic as allegory for sexuality going. We already got Ahri and Evelynn, why do we need more? --- >Why does Morgana use pain magic like Mordekaiser? Because Morde uses necromancy and metallmancy, instead of pain magic? >Why aren't there any good rebels in LOL? What about Ekko and Xayah? >Why does Morgana wear a bikini and an absurdly long skirt? Because her sister is wearing full platearmor and she wants to look as different as possible? >but why does demonic magic feature roots and stuns? I think it's always referred to as black arts and nefer as demonic magic, but the effects seem potent against her sister and probably other holy magic users, which makes sense since Morgana seems to have specifically studied this magic to have a better chance at victory. >Isn't Morgana supposed to be rebellious rather than oppressive? I don't think she fits the rebel image, since she is part of an opposing army and not a small group fighting a governement. Xayah and Ekko fit the rebel image better since they are a minority trying to change established orders. Remeber she isn't "The Rebel" (that is Xayahs title) she is "The Fallen Angel". >I also think Morgana should have a more positive bio than being vindictively obsessive. Only problem is that we dont know if her cause is worth supporting. It's anarchy (Morgana) vs dictatorship (Kayle) and both are equally bad. --- >I'll add that Varus needs new voice lines to represent his new lore Agreed there --- >Annie needs a new biography, new voice lines and a rework to represent her new lore as well. Isn't her biography updated already? >Annie is no longer the evil magical prodigy of LOL, that now belongs to Syndra Actually both are very similiar (young girl with enormous magical potential) and they used to be mirrors (the somewhat Noxian Annie embraced her power, while the Ionian Syndra was told her power was evil and supposed to be controlled until she snapped) >Annie is the wild mage with very little control, her magic is dominated by her emotions. Quote: Her natural affinity for fire manifested early in life through unpredictable, emotional outbursts, though she eventually learned to control these “playful tricks.” >All of Annie's voice lines need to be scrapped because she isn't an evil murderchild anymore She is still an evil murderchild: Quote: Believing most city adults to be like her stepmother, Annie has kept to the wilder parts of her frontier homeland. On occasion, she will use her disarmingly adorable exterior to be taken in by some pioneer family long enough to be offered new clothes and a hot meal. However, fire and death awaits anyone foolish enough to try parting Annie from the stuffed bear at her side. Kept safe by Tibbers, she wanders the dark forests of Noxus, oblivious to danger—and the dangers posed to others by her own unchecked power—hoping, one day, to find someone like her to play with.
Skorch (NA)
: Champion Concepts that we dont currently have that I would like to see.
Since HOTS puts more focus on map objectives and has no gold or items it is a lot easier to balance such a champion. In LoL he could easily become overbearing or comepletly useless and it sounds incredibly hard to ever strike balance with such a concept.
: MMORPG LoL
I kinda dislike the idea of upstating or even defeating champions during the game (unless you only can do it with a party), but apart from that it is a neat idea. That said apart from the lore, what else could a LoL MMO built upon to seperate itself from competition?
MysticRa (NA)
: Could a support be made to give a person limited range?
What prevents that champion from buffing the range of regular marksmen? I personally dislike the idea of giving melee champions more range, since they are built around their current range.
: LoL lore tournament: Freljord vs Targon - Semi-Finals Game 1
Even without Aurelion Sol, Targon has a pretty good chance to win, since all champions are basically gods. With him included they will win {{champion:86}} teed
: The scorched sands
>three teams of summoners >the "wanderers" can destroy turrets and kill champions to gain "influence" So after I convince one team to destroy the other team together, I also need to convince each individual member of the losing team to help my team achieve victory?
: Twisted Fate [Rework Concept]
Amazing work there, especially regarding the inclusion of so many different buildpaths without them feeling forced or obviously weaker/stronger. {{sticker:sg-lux}} Wouldn't people still use W for mana whenever the second charge would be full though?
: The Mr increasing passive on E is already in the game, he just kept it in the kit. Riot added it some time ago, since they thought that Dr. Mundo could have the niche of being the "anti-ap-juggernaut". I don't know if that really is the right niche for him, seems to fit more for Garen when it comes to lore. But that's what Riot came up with.
Seems like it has been a long time since I have last played against a Mundo... It makes some sense gameplaywise since AP is usually more burstfocused than sustained so Mundo can heal back when he survives the combo, but thematically it seems a bit odd.
cizl (NA)
: Pings
* On the way ping * Vision here ping * Target enemy ping Already exist though...
: Lore friendly off meta bot lane synergies idea: (Inspired by xayah/rakan)
I am hesitant to call this off meta synergies, since you just end up replacing the meta. Sure you can now duo certain champions, but other off-meta combinations automatically become less favorable if there is a combination that has clear benefits. I feel like it actually discourages off-meta picks, apart from combinations that have these enforced "synergies". What is stopping champions from different lanes getting full gold + the benefits from synergies during teamfights?
Rylah (NA)
: Dr.Mundo Rework/Balancing suggestion
>At levels 6/11/16 Dr.Mundo can gain up to 1/2/3 stack of Adrenaline Junkie when he gets a unique takedown. A damage taken/inflicted counter would make more sense for a sadomasochistic madman in my opinion. >unique takedowns reset upon death. This sounds like it rewards dying as when you never die you have a set maximum of stacks you can ever get >If Dr.Mundo successfully blocks an effect, he gains the maximum bonus AD for the remainder of the duration. >the next hard CC to effect Dr.Mundo will cause the Tenacity bonus to persist regardless of toggle and for Burning Agony to be free of cost for 4 seconds. Does one exclude the other or do both proc at the same time? It seems weird to have two similiar mechanics (same with the cleaver bonuses) in the first place.
SSmotzer (NA)
: Utility Smites
I feel like it doesn't make much sense to **smite** your allies: {{item:3303}} The Watchers gaze: Smite an enemy to decrease their tenacity for X seconds. Minions and Monsters have their AS and MS reduced. If the target unit dies the nearest ally gains X tenacity and MS. {{item:3301}} Call of the Desert: Smite an enemy to decrease their highest stat by X% for X seconds. If the target unit dies the nearest ally has their highest stat increased by X% for X seconds. {{item:3302}} Weight of the Mountain: Smite an enemy to apply the griveous wounds debuff to them for X seconds. (This smite deals bonus damage to shields) IIf the target unit dies the nearest ally gets a X HP shield for X seconds.
Stacona (NA)
: Yasuo Rework Concept
>Yasuo doubles his critical strike chance, but his critical damage is **halved** Doesn't that mean his crits deal the same damage as normal AAs? >Cooldown: None; Range: 475 units; Damage: 10/25/40/55/70(+120%AD) physical; Interaction: life steal at 35% effectiveness, on-hit effects, critically strikes. So apart from getting blisters from having to spam Q all day, is there a reason apart from maybe lifesteal and hit guarentee as to why you would ever use AAs instead of Q? >not every melee champions needs to have a dash While I agree on that notion, I feel like Yasuo is one of the few champions where the dash makes sense for his theme. The Samurai character dashing through enemies while cutting them makes too much sense to completly remove IMHO.
Show more

FloRaider42

Level 50 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion