: Give Mordekaiser some love...
Mord needs a VGU before anything else. That alone is some love to him.
Rioter Comments
mack9112 (NA)
: I'm really sorry to hear that personally I have found the preseason to be pretty great so far. What is it about your perspective that is making you hate the game so much compared to me ? I strongly do think though if you have it in your mind that you want to quit league then there really is nothing riot can do that will please you.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HKgm90Er,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-26T01:31:05.824+0000) > > personally I have found the preseason to be pretty great so far. > Then great for you. You manage to find fun in League that I cannot anymore. > What is it about your perspective that is making you hate the game so much compared to me ? It's mainly how we're coming out of possibly one of the worst seasons yet and yet preseason, where typically a lot of things are to change, are minimal and so it still feels like we're still in this last season. Damage is insane still, almost to the point now where Riot feels it mandatory to make everyone just deal shit loads of damage, even tanks. the Dark Harvest rework feels far more obnoxious now with it easier to proc and making champs far more powerful than they should be (Pyke, Karthus for examples). Turrests I though were getting a full secondary health bar that would make towers a bit tougher and make the laning phase longer. But Riot just made it so the health bar is just modified for the first 14 minutes of the game and when you take the turret down, you not only get gold for each segment gone, but also first turret blood, giving a ludicrous amount of gold (not to mention that turrets then still feel like nothing since some of my matches they've gone down in 10 minutes!) And despite the ads for playing different things in this time, whenever my team seems to do so, the other team actually is a well built team or just has the better champs and constantly stomps me. I don't even dare trying anything ridiculous because of the sheer amount of times I've lost already, let alone my team flaming me for it. It's just feels impossible for me to try and have fun in this game anymore. I feel it, every time that I play a match I must win to get something out of it. And when everything feels like a stomp nowadays, I just don't feel it's that well earned. And when it turns into a stomp against me, all I feel is frustration due to the listed issues above.
: I mean, this is fair. Sure, you're not a fan of the Pre-season at the moment, which is completely fair, but you're not damning it to the not-even-full-patch that it's yet to have. You're taking it as a notion of things to come, rather than a final product, saying that if this is how it continues to be, you'll be more than disappointed and likely call it quits. That's a helluva lot more than all the other posts have been giving.
To an extent, yes. I really hope that what I'm seeing in this preseason isn't what we'll get as the final result. But as it is right now, it still feels like I'm in Season 8 only with minor changes. I' still hoping that damage will go down and games become less snowball-related/stomps. But if it doesn't, then I might as well quit since I probably can't put up with another year of the same shit. Like I said, I want to like League again, but with it's current state it's hard for me to do that.
: I play braindead juggernaut champs like Garen, Darius, and Mordekaiser because I LOVE being that fuck-off beatstick that won't die. If I DO die, it was because I played like a dumbass, pushed when I shouldn't have, tried bullying someone for turret plating money and got punched in the face by the baking class nerd, or everyone on the top half of the map flipped out because I'm only two kills and twenty CS ahead, so all three of them bounce my lane to go put my face in the dirt :/ Most of the games I've played lately have been the closest games I've ever played on League in the last few months. One game even, I was losing lane, but we stuck it out even though our base got cracked, and then we made some smart moves that we dominio'ed into crushing teamfights left right and center after that, which led to the enemy team surrendering even though they still technically could have had it. I think DH DOES need a looking-at, just to figure out how to bring it down to acceptable levels, the turret plating gold needs to go down a little (100G sounds fair to me), and they need to make the other turrets beefier so they don't collapse after two Demolish AAs. Other than that, I've been personally enjoying preseason so far. If it isn't your thing, try something different in-game, like a new champ or a new lane, or resign yourself that League is changing, and has to so it can stay relevant amongst all the Battle Royale and Blizzard garbage :/
> [{quoted}](name=Kelvyan Blade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HKgm90Er,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-26T01:55:23.380+0000) > > Other than that, I've been personally enjoying preseason so far. If it isn't your thing, try something different in-game, like a new champ or a new lane, or resign yourself that League is changing, and has to so it can stay relevant amongst all the Battle Royale and Blizzard garbage :/ If you manage to find joy in this preseason, then congrats to you, we clearly have different tastes on what we enjoy about the game. And don't think I have been trying new things. I've tried playing champs I don't normally play and even have tried picking up mid. Still, I find the same issues that I constantly have with the games nowadays where most of them are just stops, damage is insane and turrets can still fall quickly if a lane is super successful. As to League changing to stay relevant to Battle Royal, I just hate that statement. I hate this Battle Royal craze going on right now because everyone is trying to jump on it. The only two times I feel it's acceptable is in Battlerite (the original, not the actual Battle Royal game they came out with) and Nexus Blitz, and even then I'm still not a fan of that gametype. Say what you will about Blizzard but some of their games, like HotS, Diablo 2, and Warcraft 3, I think are great games (not going to defend Diablo Immortal, they can suffer for that one).
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Neeko is a lesbian: Let's please calmly discuss it.
*sigh* Sooner or later I'm going to have to voice my opinion on this so let's just get this over with: To be as brief as I can, I don't like discussing about SJW/LGBT politics as I lot of news that I constantly here about it is negative. Not to mention that a lot of the times, if something fails while trying to promote these things, such as Star Wars: The Last Jedi or the opening controversy on Battlefield 5 a while back, they seem to resort to blaming others, calling people babies, entitled or at worst sexist pigs. I'm sick of hearing about these things. BUT in the case of this new champ being defined as a lesbian, I really don't take issue with that (I'm more concerned about how frustrating her gameplay will be against). She isn't screaming out what her sexual preference is, she just hints at it in her interactions. That's fine. This isn't even the first time that I'm exposed to this kind of stuff as I was around with the "Taric is gay" stuff (which I think would be fine if they did make that canon, hell I feel it's canon), Varus having two gay people being him I thought was questionable but with a later update to better preserve his old story while keeping this new twist I thought was OK, so I'm fine with this new champ being fully created with the idea that she's a lesbian. Sure, why not? Whatever floats your boat, you do you. Just don't be a dick about it.
Zoli Ben (EUNE)
: As {{champion:36}} enters 901 days, he has new Xmas skin coming up so no VGU in 2019.
Like I said, some champs may get a special treatment like Fiddlesticks where they get a skin, despite how old or in need of a VGU they are. Kind of surprised with Mundo to be honest.
EdgeLady (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Forhonor321,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=T8MAhdBX,comment-id=000000000001000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-19T00:14:59.767+0000) > > Those are Legacy skins, NOT LIMITED! Legacy are skins locked away from normal means but can still be obtained through crafting, or even some purchases, like when a champ gets updated. Other Legacy skins related to the holidays will always come back around that time and, again, can be earned through crafting. > > Limited skins are non of that! You get one chance to get this skin and if you don't, you can't ever get those skins again. Rusty Blitzcrank, Victorious skins and Prestige KDA Kai'Sa are limited, so if you didn't get them and times runs out, tough luck, you can't get them at all anymore. Won't Prestige K/DA Kai'Sa be coming back as a gemstone skin? I heard rumors about that for both that skin and Dark Star Cho'Gath. Regarding the Victorious skins, I think that there should be a future event where they allow the previous Victorious skins to be bought for a very limited time (maybe for the 10th year anniversary, as a once-per-decade event). Like, imagine all the current Jarvan mains that can't complete their skin collection because they didn't happen to be around in Season 1. And me, as a Graves main, only started League late last year, so I have no chance of ever getting that glorious knight Graves skin. Perhaps it could be true for other limited skins too, like Rusty Blitzcrank as you mentioned, or other ones like King Rammus and PAX Twisted Fate.
I doubt Prestige KDA Kai'Sa will come back as a gemstone. Cho'Gath wasn't really a limited skin, it was a skin made in partnership with the Make-A-Wish foundation and Bryan, the guy who wanted it. It was available for purchase with processed going to charity essentially. After this, they decided to make it a gemstone skin to still allow players access it. Limited implies that there's only a handful of that product that can be distributed or obtained through a certain time frame. After they're all gone or the timer runs out, then it can no longer be obtained. If what you say about the skin is true, then it isn't truly limited, but Riot has stated that it is. As to the Victorious skins, I have to disagree on and Riot will also disagree. Victorious skins are a reward you get for climbing the ladder in league to a certain point. It's something you earn. If Riot was going to allow these skins to be purchasable, then those that got them from Season 1+ would feel ripped as climbing for these skins didn't matter if they could just purchase them in the future and would seriously degrade the value of these skins of just "wait a certain time to buy them with no feeling of accomplishment" rather than, "I'm climbed at least to gold and get a reward for my progress." Similarly, this goes for Rusty Blitz, King Rammus and PAX TF. Rammus you got as a beta tester, PAX you got for being at that special event and Rusty Blitz...was just a really bad skin that they decided to get rid of since it's basically the equivalent of a chroma back then. However, Riot has made some exceptions to this in a degree, mainly with slightly tweaked versions of those skins (E.G. Championship Riven 2016, Neo PAX Sivir). It's plausible (but not fully possible) for Riot to try this with these other skins while keeping the originals what they are, but seeing how they haven't done this for quite some time and that I can't see how they could do that with these skins, I doubt that can happen.
: So are world skins, christmas skins and any other theme skins, but I would still count them as a legit skin.
Those are Legacy skins, NOT LIMITED! Legacy are skins locked away from normal means but can still be obtained through crafting, or even some purchases, like when a champ gets updated. Other Legacy skins related to the holidays will always come back around that time and, again, can be earned through crafting. Limited skins are non of that! You get one chance to get this skin and if you don't, you can't ever get those skins again. Rusty Blitzcrank, Victorious skins and Prestige KDA Kai'Sa are limited, so if you didn't get them and times runs out, tough luck, you can't get them at all anymore.
: Prestige KDA Kai'sa is purchaseable though. You just have to spend a lot of RP on boxes and world tickets to get it.
But after it's gone, it's then gone and nobody else can get it if they missed it. Hence why it's _limited_.
: Hey man, just to say RiotStellari is taking shaco skin concepts at the moment so mabye a shaco skin in 2-3 months?
Really? Huh, well how about that.
Baa Woof (EUW)
: I just really dislike that the Super Galaxy skin line exist, since it is just a forced skin line to those champions who atleast has 2 forms, or a companion. So they don't really fit on some champions, like Kindred. Why would death join a Super Galactic Heroes group? I'm not saying that I'm not happy, cause atleast it's a skin, but I think it's never gonna be the most liked one and there could have been a much better skin made for them (Like Elderwood or Bloodmoon).
One can hope that Elderwood or Bloodmoon will come for them. I mean, I know I'd buy those skins.
: Strange Sion doesn’t have a new skin by now, he’s been super popular in Soloq and pro play
I think that's mainly due to that Int strategy that people hate. Not sure if that qualifies Riot to make a new skin because of those strategies.
ChuShoe (NA)
: I'd count a VGU is a new skin release.
Then that is you. I still stand by myself in saying that they don't count.
: So many champions I consider new that are 3+ years old. I have been playing too long.
: I mean, I don't think it's fair to put Nunu & Willump on this list. With the rework, all of the skins were completely redesigned, he basically got 7 new skins on release. Like, the argument of saying that he still has the same amount is silly to me, far as I see it, old Nunu was deleted, and we got a new, better champion with 7 skins on release. There's also not much need to worry about Morde and Nocturne since they're confirmed to have reworks coming up. But the rest of them could certainly appreciate new skins. Main reason they go this long is things like low play rates, and difficulty in making skins for (a low playrate applies to almost all of these guys sadly). Sad to see with Tahm too, I remember seeing a really sick Cheshire Cat skin concept for Tahm and that could probably convince me to try playing him.
As I mentioned before: **VGU's don't add new skins. They redesign them.** Most of Nunu's skins are near identical to what they were before, with maybe the exception of Grungy and going for more of a "Where the Wild Things Are" feel. On top of that, Nunu still kept his chomp, his snowballs, his attack speed buff, his ult and got some new things. He just got updated like Warwick, still feeling similar but adding new tricks. Mord and Nocture are similar. When they get updated, they aren't getting new skins. Their pre-existing ones are just getting an overhaul to fit in with their rework. As to the rest, yeah. Low playrates will typically cause Riot to avoid making skins for those champs as people won't want to buy them or very few people will. But at the same time, reworks do cause people to catch an eye to these champs so maybe they will increase in playrate when they hit.
: I understand what you mean about reworking doesn't mean that they're adding new skins, but it still takes alot of time and effort to update all of a champion's current skins to match with it's VGU.
I do understand that. It probably takes a lot of time to try and redesign every single skin for a champ to match the new feel and look of them, especially if they have new abilities, FX, etc. However, my point still stands that VGU's don't add new skins, they update them. I will always make that argument until my death.
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: Rito just give me Dark Star {{champion:266}} please all other Darkins have it. :I
Only we can hope for that (and if the money is good for Riot to invest in that idea)
: They haven't been out as long as others champs, but {{champion:163}} and {{champion:427}} haven't gotten new skins yet, even though champs that came after them already have. Yes, Taliyah has SSG, but that was at the request of the player.
My post is more about the distance of time between a champs skin and when their latest one was. What you're referring to is more newer champs that have yet to receive their next skin outside of their launch skin. And if that is the topic, {{champion:429}} I feel out-trumps both {{champion:163}} & {{champion:427}} as she's been out for 4 years and has yet to receive a non-Esports related skin. Not saying the other two don't deserve similar, but Kalista has had it far worse.
: Mordekaiser {{champion:82}}, Udyr{{champion:77}}, Skarner {{champion:72}}, and Nocturne {{champion:56}} are all considered Tier-1 VGU's according to Reav3. As such, they most likely won't be recieving any cosmetic love for a while (Ezreal DID get a skin just months before his update, so this is why I'm not saying these champions won't recieve anything period). Shaco {{champion:35}} dropped down & although he is still considered to be a VGU candidate, he's dropped down in priority. In that case, I can see Shaco getting a skin at some point. They're even taking the time to give him new animations for walking & homeguards. Has it really been that long since Aatrox {{champion:266}} & Kassadin{{champion:38}} recieved a skin? Sea Hunter Aatrox & Cosmic Reaver Kassadin don't seem THAT old.
> [{quoted}](name=Rägnarok,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=T8MAhdBX,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-11-17T16:13:03.534+0000) > > Mordekaiser {{champion:82}}, Udyr{{champion:77}}, Skarner {{champion:72}}, and Nocturne {{champion:56}} are all considered Tier-1 VGU's according to Reav3. As such, they most likely won't be recieving any cosmetic love for a while (Ezreal DID get a skin just months before his update, so this is why I'm not saying these champions won't recieve anything period). I did mention that old champs like these are generally not going to get skins until they receive a VGU, unless they get the special treatment that Fiddlesticks got. Ezreal I don't really feel counts since by community standards LCS/Esports related skins typically don't count towards the actual skin lineup a champ has (which I don't fully agree with but whatever). > Shaco {{champion:35}} dropped down & although he is still considered to be a VGU candidate, he's dropped down in priority. In that case, I can see Shaco getting a skin at some point. They're even taking the time to give him new animations for walking & homeguards. Shaco, again, could be a special case like Fiddle. Not really sure if the animations count towards that though as they're more or less taking batches of champs and updating their animations. > Has it really been that long since Aatrox {{champion:266}} & Kassadin{{champion:38}} recieved a skin? > Sea Hunter Aatrox & Cosmic Reaver Kassadin don't seem THAT old. Yes, it's been that long. And I was around when these champs got those skins back in 2015. It's weird.
: Urgot had to wait 6 years and his skin wasn't even that good.
Well, I wouldn't say it was a terrible skin, at the very least I feel it's decent. But in terms of quality after not getting one for so long, I would say it did feel lackluster.
: Companies don't produce content based on a sense of fairness to their product lines ("this poor screwdriver has had the same packaging for years!"), they produce content based on what sells.
Yes, this is (sadly) true. But at the same time you can't really expect a company to ignore a playerbase of mains for so long. Sooner or later, they have to give them something to make them happy.
Even (NA)
: These are champs that could be possibly getting a rework! :)
Well, some champs yes. Outside of {{champion:421}} {{champion:266}} & {{champion:20}} most of these champs could do with a rework. But at the same time, and I mentioned this before, they could get a special treatment like Fiddlesticks got and get a new skin, despite being a fairly old champ. Nevertheless, the champs that are on the list are on the list due to the info I collect. And with champs getting recent reworks released, such as Aatrox and Nunu, there's not really that much reason not to try and give them a new skin.
Kalikko (NA)
: I wasn't aware zilean didn't have the lead. Not to mention he's been in the top 3 for w/l all season mid. . .and up there most of the season as support. He was even played at worlds this year.
It's kind of surprising when you do this work and see a champ go so long without a skin. Hell, I remembered when he got Blood Moon released. It's...weird.
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: I feel like 959 days is incorrect for maokai because he got a skin pretty much 2 years ago
If you're referring to his Victorious skin, I don't count those. I only count skins that are generally obtainable by purchases, crafting or even gems. Limited time or limited skins in general, like the Prestige Kai'Sa skin or Victorious skins, I don't count as not everyone can be able to access them. With that, Maokai's last skin was with Tahm's and Vel'koz's last skins, which were the April Fools day skins of 2016. Using a calculator for dates, it's 959 days since then.
Rioter Comments
: I wholeheartedly agree and have a gp+ post that should be up by the end of the week addressing tanks as a class, and how to fix them. The biggest issues outside of the champs themselves imo are runes, pro play and itemization
Hey I'd be happy to read that post when it's finished. As to everything else you mentioned, I do feel like they also play big factors into the game state as a whole. Maybe in my opinion pro play a bit more than most but that's me.
  Rioter Comments
: Considering Runeterra's Current State, It Ain't Lasting Much Longer I Can Tell You.
: Damage buffs are better in an environment where people don't know how to work around team-oriented tools. It's simple, honestly. Think what you may, but tanks are too "big brain" for solo queue so they're dumbing it down.
I guess that sums it up, but then that answer is really disappointing as an explanation to it all. I don't like tanks because they do shit tons of damage, I'll go play literally any other class for that (outside of supports), I like that they're the ones that can just take that damage and still keep going, CCing enemies while your team jumps on your plays and help win team fights and games. Kind of the backbone of defending or engaging in fights and just not give a shit about the damage you deal to them. With things are going though, I don't know if I can call some of these champs tanks anymore.
: Wait, I have a loaded reply but first I need some clarification from you. Is your problem with tanks themselves or just that champion changes are all over the place? Those are completely different issues far more complex than you're letting on. Not every champ with every class will play the same way, because not every champ of every class solely exists in that class. There's a reason why, to my last memory, a champion had about three or four classes to their name. Some tanks were casters, some were bruisers. Some casters were assassins, some were rangers. Some assassins were sustainers, others were rangers. Some mix of them all. Some tanks value CC, some tanks value damage control in some way.
I guess my problem is the changes Riot are making to these champs if that helps, because it feels like they want to do this to every tank. Sej and Ornn are becoming more damage focused and with past reworks like Mao and Zac just becoming more absent in regular play (from my experience), it just feels like it's getting worse. It just feels like anytime Riot tries introducing, reworking or even touching a tank they don't know how to handle them so they turn them into these super bursty champs that can also CC enemies/teams down while getting damage off.
: Am I the only one who dislikes Wukongs gameplay?
I think it's less about his difference in gameplay from his source and more about how he's a dated item of the past. Wukong if I recall was intended as a fighter but over time has become an assassin of sorts. I think when he was released, Riot just made him as close as they could to the source at the time and then threw him out to live to get more of a following, mainly what I can narrow down to the Chinese audience since that's were he originated (and why most games nowadays need to have a skin or champ/hero based on the character). He also just hasn't aged well with League. He's very basic at best and nothing is super interesting about him. half of his abilities are point and click, his passive is near invisible and now on an item, and just feels dated. He's probably going to get looked at in the future for a VGU though, and maybe then mains will get more of a traditional Wukong who plays similarly to his stories.
Aionius (NA)
: It's the reason I said Season 5 is the most balanced between Seasons 5-8. Tanks, Fighters, Assassins, Mages, and ADCs were what they were supposed to be. Sure you had your strong oddities like Tank{{champion:245}} , but they were only broken in effectiveness towards actually being able to tank and peel. It aint no Inting {{champion:14}} bs where you can feed and still win because you can chug turrets, and be worthless to the enemy as far as kills, then there's Tank {{champion:112}} who had more range, can kite, and has more sustain than Tank {{champion:245}} ever had, all the while doing more or the same damage. Season 8 is the worst in balance period.
> [{quoted}](name=Aionius,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uFVhAnww,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-13T14:59:14.220+0000) > > Season 8 is the worst in balance period. Oh absolutely, not argument there. It's just been hell trying to play this season. Really glad that it's finally ending but at the same time I'm genuinely worried about what Riot has for season 9.
Rioter Comments
: After numerous amounts of reworks to Guinsoo's Rageblade, what do you think of this new iteration?
Honestly, I can't really say but if I had to guess, I'm going to hate playing against champs that use it still. Yeah, % pen will make it not a mandatory rush item or that's what Riot is trying to do, but the Rage effect will still be strong on users like Kai'sa, Yi and Jax and come late game it'll probably just feel the same without the change. That's my guess at least. At this point overall, I just don't know what they can do with the item. I just can't tell what the balance team is trying to do anymore.
: Stan Lee just died at age 95
I found this out today as well. 'Tis a very sad day for comic book readers and geeks/nerds everywhere. RIP Stan Lee: Greatest Cameo Master in Film Cinema **Good night sweet prince. And flights of amazing characters you've created sing thee to thy rest.**
Rioter Comments
: Solar / Lunar Eclipse Leona Splashes
Right, I don't care that I have to shell out more money and go hungry/broke for the rest of the month. I'm getting this skin. It's beautiful from the model to the effects and now the splash art. I'm just considering this her VU (until her actual VU) and playing with it every chance I get! Screw every other skin, this one outshines them all!
Rioter Comments
: I'm just glad that Bone Plating is gone so that Demolish and Font of Life actually can get considered more than 0.5 percent of the time
Oh absolutely. Bone Plating was just the go to pick for just about anyone, especially if you were choosing resolve. Just disgusting.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Very surprised to see no mention of {{champion:62}} . His passive doesn't match his playstyle, his Q is just a filler. {{champion:154}} please revert Zac's ultimate. He used to be super fun and effective. I haven't really touched him since the rework.
I guess I should've added some honorable mentions and I would of added Wukong, if not for the fact that I don't really play him and don't really know what direction he would go in. But I do see your point. As for Zac, yeah his (and by extension the whole tank rework) has just flopped.
WarlordEkko (EUNE)
: tbh i like league not bcs of its gameplay anymore,
Pretty much this. League to me, as an actual game, is kind of slowly dying in the gutter for me. This season has just really hurt, if not killed, my will to enjoy the game nowadays. BUT in terms of characters, story, art, and music, it's dramatically improved. I love a lot of the splash art, the stories behind some of the events in these alternate universes, the stories in the base lore, it's great. And sadly that ALL that's keeping me in League. With stories coming out too slowly and how Riot's been handling the game (depending on how next season will fare), it's not really going to be a whole lot till I say that even the cool lore of League can keep me interested in the game.

Forhonor321

Level 94 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion