: > [{quoted}](name=Frısk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=001500000000,timestamp=2019-08-27T03:32:11.317+0000) > > isnt them beeing available for Blue essence all year long basically free? i mean u dont pay for BE so i dont quite understand its a compromise that would work for everyone > also didnt quite answere the question why my iteration would be bad. Okay, so you seem to have missed the BE pricing on Eternals. They're only available for BE during the emporium and only the Generic variants. So twice a year for a short period of time and you can't get the unique ones. They aren't set up like Rune Pages at all. They're more akin to Chromas but even worse because they're supposed to track effort, not money spent.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=0015000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-27T03:44:50.030+0000) > > Okay, so you seem to have missed the BE pricing on Eternals. They're only available for BE during the emporium and only the Generic variants. So twice a year for a short period of time and you can't get the unique ones. > > They aren't set up like Rune Pages at all. They're more akin to Chromas but even worse because they're supposed to track effort, not money spent. u didnt actually read what i wrote i suggested them to be handled like rune pages so everyone would be happy. read my earlier post thank you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Frısk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-08-26T19:09:35.474+0000) > > OK so. I will ask one simple Question. If ANY of you can find a counter argument as why it shouldnt be like this ill stop complaining altogether. It needs to be a clean counter argument directly towards my suggestion tho none of that politict talking in a circle crap. > WHY SHOULD IT NOT BE LIKE RUNEPAGES AND COST RP AND BE ALL YEAR LONG? > people that dont want to grind BE or spend it on this can just use RP easy people that dont want to spend RP can grind BE to buy them. that way BE gets another value factor and people that would buy them for RP can do so anyway. > So now tell me WHY WOULD THAT SYSTEM BE BAD IN ANY REGARD? > If you find a suitable counter argument, which im sure you wont, ill be here patting my cat all night.{{sticker:sg-kiko}} Because even in F2P games on Xbox/PS, there are no achievements where completion is locked behind payments. Games you paid once to play (or even paid for DLC) do not include any achievements that are popped solely because you spent money. Additionally, these have been designed to tie into being a mastery upgrade, and the Mastery system has absolutely zero RP costs tied to it. This isn't quite like a paid gun camo that changes as you do better in a single game. These are account-based trackers per champion that will continue to track your stats and skill expression (in Unique Eternals) through each and every game you play. Many of these stats were already tracked and could be pulled up for free on other sites. The Uniques just tag and count various checks made during champion use. Sure, there's some work in making that coding, but it's not a system that should be paid for in any capacity. Achievements, at their core, are based on the effort put into the game and not the money spent. 4 points for you, all of which point to "this should be free, not paid for". I'm not paying a cent into this scam set up by greedy game devs.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2019-08-26T20:50:58.160+0000) > > Because even in F2P games on Xbox/PS, there are no achievements where completion is locked behind payments. Games you paid once to play (or even paid for DLC) do not include any achievements that are popped solely because you spent money. > > Additionally, these have been designed to tie into being a mastery upgrade, and the Mastery system has absolutely zero RP costs tied to it. > > This isn't quite like a paid gun camo that changes as you do better in a single game. These are account-based trackers per champion that will continue to track your stats and skill expression (in Unique Eternals) through each and every game you play. Many of these stats were already tracked and could be pulled up for free on other sites. The Uniques just tag and count various checks made during champion use. Sure, there's some work in making that coding, but it's not a system that should be paid for in any capacity. > > Achievements, at their core, are based on the effort put into the game and not the money spent. > > 4 points for you, all of which point to "this should be free, not paid for". I'm not paying a cent into this scam set up by greedy game devs. isnt them beeing available for Blue essence all year long basically free? i mean u dont pay for BE so i dont quite understand its a compromise that would work for everyone also didnt quite answere the question why my iteration would be bad.
: Not Sorry, Riot. I still can't buy an Eternal even after these changes.
OK so. I will ask one simple Question. If ANY of you can find a counter argument as why it shouldnt be like this ill stop complaining altogether. It needs to be a clean counter argument directly towards my suggestion tho none of that politict talking in a circle crap. WHY SHOULD IT NOT BE LIKE RUNEPAGES AND COST RP AND BE ALL YEAR LONG? people that dont want to grind BE or spend it on this can just use RP easy people that dont want to spend RP can grind BE to buy them. that way BE gets another value factor and people that would buy them for RP can do so anyway. So now tell me WHY WOULD THAT SYSTEM BE BAD IN ANY REGARD? If you find a suitable counter argument, which im sure you wont, ill be here patting my cat all night.{{sticker:sg-kiko}}
Bârd (NA)
: "850 RP was too much for one champion's Eternals, you guys were right." "Ok thank you. So, are you gonna make them free or are we just going with, like, 250 RP per champion?" "What? No. Now it's 590 for the unique ones and 225 for the commons." "...so it's 815 per champion now?" "Don't worry, you can get the commons for free... twice a year... until we decide to cancel the Emporiums like we did Treeline, Dominion, and Rotating Gamemodes."
> [{quoted}](name=Bârd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-08-25T00:50:55.598+0000) > > "850 RP was too much for one champion's Eternals, you guys were right." > > "Ok thank you. So, are you gonna make them free or are we just going with, like, 250 RP per champion?" > > "What? No. Now it's 590 for the unique ones and 225 for the commons." > > "...so it's 815 per champion now?" > > "Don't worry, you can get the commons for free... twice a year... until we decide to cancel the Emporiums like we did Treeline, Dominion, and Rotating Gamemodes." speaking from my soul
: “We hear you...with money stuffed in our ear canals.” But seriously, I’m so over Riot saying, “We hear you.” It’s the biggest crock of shit. Anytime they say this, I already know it’s downhill from there with whatever they tell us about. Always has been. —- You obviously can’t hear anything, Riot, unless it pertains to money, so hear this: I’ve spent who knows how many THOUSANDS on this game, and I’m getting real tired of you destroying the game I grew to love. So, now’s the time to admit you’re being greedy as hell with just about every single decision you’ve made lately and let the bills and coins out of your ears!!! Can you hear us now????????? I STOPPED SPENDING MONEY when you began to bring out bullshit methods, such as “Prestige” skins, but this is the last straw. I’ve had enough, and I’ve dealt with this downhill road for a while now...
> [{quoted}](name=Shirvallah,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-08-24T13:56:02.648+0000) > > “We hear you...with money stuffed in our ear canals.” > > But seriously, I’m so over Riot saying, “We hear you.” It’s the biggest crock of shit. Anytime they say this, I already know it’s downhill from there with whatever they tell us about. Always has been. > > —- > > You obviously can’t hear anything, Riot, unless it pertains to money, so hear this: > > I’ve spent who knows how many THOUSANDS on this game, and I’m getting real tired of you destroying the game I grew to love. So, now’s the time to admit you’re being greedy as hell with just about every single decision you’ve made lately and let the bills and coins out of your ears!!! Can you hear us now????????? > > I STOPPED SPENDING MONEY when you began to bring out bullshit methods, such as “Prestige” skins, but this is the last straw. I’ve had enough, and I’ve dealt with this downhill road for a while now... Its almost as if they dont listen at all :O
aZ3R0n (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T15:33:01.539+0000) > > Well before, 2 Common and a Unique per champion cost 850 RP. Now 3 Commons cost 225 RP, and 3 Uniques cost 590 RP. > You're still paying for achievements though, which was the entire cause for the backlash to begin with, so a price reduction isn't really a solution here. It's 815 instead of 850 now. That's a 4 percent decrease and it still costs over $800 USD to unlock Set 1 for all champions. Can't wait to see the price for Set 2!
> [{quoted}](name=aZ3R0n,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-08-24T18:59:48.619+0000) > > It's 815 instead of 850 now. > That's a 4 percent decrease and it still costs over $800 USD to unlock Set 1 for all champions. > > Can't wait to see the price for Set 2! At this point riot Hq is either one huge fiesta or they look for ways to produce profit out of the most mundane things. I hope they get a giant shitstorm and regret every decision they made thus far regarding eternals
: Not Sorry, Riot. I still can't buy an Eternal even after these changes.
Like i stated in my thread(https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/dhRX36Ik-changes-to-eternals?show=flat&page=4) there were a lot of different systems that people suggested that would make bot parties happy such as making them available via RP AND BE all year long like rune pages. the system itself is not worth to be paid any price on and they need to make it free PERIOD.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zullar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-08-24T00:24:15.759+0000) > > Riot probably had a similar internal discussion. But they've sunk maybe 1-2M developing Eternals assuming they can make money directly back on the feature... but community is not happy. So now what? Now, they could eat their crow, write off the losses and realize that they're completely out of touch with the community and resolve to maybe get better at that... but I doubt that they have the requisite self-awareness for that. The more cynical side of me says that this was intended all along, releasing a naked cash grab up front and then dialing it back down to something still shit, but more "reasonable".
Well~ Its a common strategie among companies to release something shitty and when the backlash comes, wich at that point is expected, they "listen" to the community and tune the price down a bit. funny thing is that "reduced" price is the expected selling price. its like the difference between offering a gucci hat for 200$ or for ~~500$~~ -> NOW 200$ 60% reduced MuSt BuY. It just sounds better but actually isnt.
: > the ones that actually matter so... none of them? like wouldn't the general ones offer you the most as they're for every champ.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T13:00:27.096+0000) > > so... none of them? like wouldn't the general ones offer you the most as they're for every champ. not really as they dont give anything from the actual system and just track verybasic things like kills/towers taken etc.
: I mean if i get this right you can just get em for BE. it's not like any of this crap really matters in the end and all you goons claiming to be suffering from having too much blue essence while still somehow not feeling rewarded cuz you get it on levelup instead of each game can use it on something new. I really don't see why ppl care about this useless shit so much.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-08-24T12:13:22.245+0000) > > I mean if i get this right you can just get em for BE. it's not like any of this crap really matters in the end and all you goons claiming to be suffering from having too much blue essence while still somehow not feeling rewarded cuz you get it on levelup instead of each game can use it on something new. > > I really don't see why ppl care about this useless shit so much. You CAN NOT buy them with BE the Champion ones, the ones that actually matter are RP only currently thats the point.
HeresyHorus (EUNE)
: Do people have any idea of how hard it is to publish a free to play game and maintain it for +10 years without going bankrupt ? … Want your dream game completely free ? go make it using Unity, CryEngine or Unreal Engine. the best out there for making games. Tell me how easy it is going to be and how you will survive not getting paid for all those months thrown in making it. {{sticker:sg-poppy}}
> [{quoted}](name=HeresyHorus,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-08-24T07:46:50.119+0000) > > Do people have any idea of how hard it is to publish a free to play game and maintain it for +10 years without going bankrupt ? … > > Want your dream game completely free ? go make it using Unity, CryEngine or Unreal Engine. the best out there for making games. > > Tell me how easy it is going to be and how you will survive not getting paid for all those months thrown in making it. > > {{sticker:sg-poppy}} you apparently have no idea how much they make go look at their Q2 earnings report. point beeing id rather pay a full 60$ or a monthly fee at this point and have everything unlockable OR make content available while the shop consists of purely cosmetic options. there is no inbetween thats healthy in the long run. they should handle it like rune pages available for RP and BE so people that dont wanna farm BE get them via $ and others can farm them for free, everyone is happy.
Zullar (NA)
: I work at a big corporation. Specific features had to justify themselves before they are approved (investment cost vs. payback). For example we would make a pitch (internally within the company) saying "Give me 5 developers for 2 years at a cost of 2M and our customers will pay X amount extra for that feature we develop and therefor our return on investment will be Y". Riot probably had a similar internal discussion. But they've sunk maybe 1-2M developing Eternals assuming they can make money directly back on the feature... but community is not happy. So now what? The problem comes when some features expected, but also take time to develop. Think power door locks on a car. Auto manufacturers do not charge extra for this like they used to... its expected. Unsure if achievements fall into the "expected to be free" category or not. Seems like that's where the breakdown is. The argument could be made that achievements indirectly make money by drawing people to the game who purchase RP for other things. But this is harder to quantify compared to a direct sale of a feature.
> [{quoted}](name=Zullar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-08-24T00:24:15.759+0000) > > I work at a big corporation. Specific features had to justify themselves before they are approved (investment cost vs. payback). For example we would make a pitch (internally within the company) saying "Give me 5 developers for 2 years at a cost of 2M and our customers will pay X amount extra for that feature we develop and therefor our return on investment will be Y". > > Riot probably had a similar internal discussion. But they've sunk maybe 1-2M developing Eternals assuming they can make money directly back on the feature... but community is not happy. So now what? > > The problem comes when some features expected, but also take time to develop. Think power door locks on a car. Auto manufacturers do not charge extra for this like they used to... its expected. Unsure if achievements fall into the "expected to be free" category or not. Seems like that's where the breakdown is. > > The argument could be made that achievements indirectly make money by drawing people to the game who purchase RP for other things. But this is harder to quantify compared to a direct sale of a feature. Easy solution manage them like Rune pages make them available through BE grind and for people that want them asap purchasable = everyone is happy
: So... You can buy it with blue essence..... But only during an event that happens twice a year.
> [{quoted}](name=KnKitsune,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-08-24T01:35:55.306+0000) > > So... You can buy it with blue essence..... But only during an event that happens twice a year. not even just the basic ones
IMelchorI (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Master2139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000000010000000000000001000000000000000100000001,timestamp=2019-08-23T20:28:10.544+0000) > > people keep giving you reasons as to why it shouldn't be free but you're choosing to ignore them. it should be free because it is not just cosmetic, but a system around champion mastery. you did not master your champion and get your stats tracked because you did pay no money? everything revolving around skill expression and mastery should be a natural part of this game, and not available for money. it is like you are allowed to play ranked games but you do not gain your ranked rewards until you pay extra for them. oh so you made it to challenger this year? congratulations. to unlock your rank pay for 5000 RP. do not worry. half a year after the season ended you can unlock your boarder and your icon for blue essence in the store. but to have your rank displayed on your profile to get the ranked ward and skin, you have to buy the RP bundle.
> [{quoted}](name=IMelchorI,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0000000100000000000000010000000000000001000000010001,timestamp=2019-08-23T22:26:43.417+0000) > > it should be free because it is not just cosmetic, but a system around champion mastery. > > you did not master your champion and get your stats tracked because you did pay no money? > > everything revolving around skill expression and mastery should be a natural part of this game, and not available for money. > > it is like you are allowed to play ranked games but you do not gain your ranked rewards until you pay extra for them. > > oh so you made it to challenger this year? congratulations. to unlock your rank pay for 5000 RP. do not worry. half a year after the season ended you can unlock your boarder and your icon for blue essence in the store. but to have your rank displayed on your profile to get the ranked ward and skin, you have to buy the RP bundle. Well said that is exactly my point
: They lowered the prices. They also changed it so you can, some times, purchase them with BE. I'm not sure you know what "literally" no difference means.
> [{quoted}](name=Flawless Fetus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-08-23T22:10:58.526+0000) > > They lowered the prices. They also changed it so you can, some times, purchase them with BE. I'm not sure you know what "literally" no difference means. not the champ specific ones tho so there is no point if both would be buyable via BE i wouldnt complain
: people keep giving you reasons as to why it shouldn't be free but you're choosing to ignore them. They don't affect gameplay and they are just a glorified stat tracker that you can go to anywebsite to see anyway. All you're paying for is the callouts, on top of this you can get the commons with BE twice a year anyway. This is like the missions during events, there are the free ones everybody gets, the equivelent to the common eternals. and for the people who want something more there are the uniques and special event passes for those who are willing to pay. I can see you aren't willing to pay and thats fine, you don't have to as it has no impact on gameplay whatsoever. My only initial problem was they were too expensive and there werent enough unique ones, both my problems have been solved. Don't get me wrong I would have like if they were free because let's be honest everyone likes free shit but I understand why it isn't
> [{quoted}](name=Master2139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000000010000000000000001000000000000000100000001,timestamp=2019-08-23T20:28:10.544+0000) > > people keep giving you reasons as to why it shouldn't be free but you're choosing to ignore them. They don't affect gameplay and they are just a glorified stat tracker that you can go to anywebsite to see anyway. All you're paying for is the callouts, on top of this you can get the commons with BE twice a year anyway. This is like the missions during events, there are the free ones everybody gets, the equivelent to the common eternals. and for the people who want something more there are the uniques and special event passes for those who are willing to pay. I can see you aren't willing to pay and thats fine, you don't have to as it has no impact on gameplay whatsoever. > > My only initial problem was they were too expensive and there werent enough unique ones, both my problems have been solved. Don't get me wrong I would have like if they were free because let's be honest everyone likes free shit but I understand why it isn't lmao is all i can say to that sheep be sheep i guess
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: Are you dense? or slow? > I can play said champion without a skin tho right? can i unlock eternals without spending $$$? You can also play a champion without unlocking eternals, whats your point? Do you think eternals will make you unable to play champions for some reason? They are 1:1 the same as skins, cosmetic flair to make you feel better about your skills. > its like making a new champ available for rp only. No, it's not, one effects gameplay, the other is pure cosmentic fluff. You cant unlock skins without spending money, you cant unlock eternals without spending money, same thing. I know the concept of Money and Work hours maybe foreign to some of you people, but works isnt free, and the game is being supported by tons of meaningfull free updates constantly, if the price for this constant stream of updates is to be locked out of a meaningless counter than it's a price im willing to pay.
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0000000100000000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-23T19:32:07.366+0000) > > Are you dense? or slow? > > You can also play a champion without unlocking eternals, whats your point? > Do you think eternals will make you unable to play champions for some reason? They are 1:1 the same as skins, cosmetic flair to make you feel better about your skills. > > No, it's not, one effects gameplay, the other is pure cosmentic fluff. > > You cant unlock skins without spending money, you cant unlock eternals without spending money, same thing. > I know the concept of Money and Work hours maybe foreign to some of you people, but works isnt free, and the game is being supported by tons of meaningfull free updates constantly, if the price for this constant stream of updates is to be locked out of a meaningless counter than it's a price im willing to pay. and i am not willing to pay for anything and you have yet to give an actual reason as of why it shouldnt be free because i dont see any. and i dont like licking riots boots so i will voice my concearns.
: What attitude? It’s cosmetic tied to stat tracking, if you don’t want cosmetic part, you can as well write your achievements on paper or save gameplay for your own pleasure...
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T19:02:59.577+0000) > > What attitude? It’s cosmetic tied to stat tracking, if you don’t want cosmetic part, you can as well write your achievements on paper or save gameplay for your own pleasure... i am not going to repeat myself its wrong and it should be free if u have an ACTUAL reason as why it shouldnt be ill be all ears
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: Yes, you are absolutely not entiteld for free stuff beyond what you paid for, just like you're locked out of picking your favorite skin. As long as what's being locked off isnt effecting my gameplay, who cares, if i really want the game to count my knock ups on aatrox, i'll spend 2$ for it, if it's too much, i wont.
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=00000001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:59:26.594+0000) > > Yes, you are absoultly not entiteld for free stuff beyond what you paid for, just like you're locked out of picking your favorite skin. > As long as what's being locked off isnt effecting my gameplay, who cares, if i really want the game to count my knock ups on aatrox, i'll spend 2$ for it, if it's too much, i wont. I can play said champion without a skin tho right? can i unlock eternals without spending $$$? no. what a suprise. its just a thing thats wrong and the playerbase should be against monetizing everything that gets added. its like making a new champ available for rp only.
Shahamut (NA)
: At least we can get the commons for BE. Its something. :/
> [{quoted}](name=Shahamut,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:57:31.906+0000) > > At least we can get the commons for BE. Its something. :/ but be real its not tho
: Cosmetics are paid, eternals are non gameplay effecting feature. There is no reason to give it away for free, especially if players are willing to buy it.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:56:14.044+0000) > > Cosmetics are paid, eternals are non gameplay effecting feature. There is no reason to give it away for free, especially if players are willing to buy it. Exactly that attitude is why riot keeps getting away with their shit. Its a mastery progression system therefore additional content it shouldnt be money gated.
: Steam achievements are flashable ingame as cosmetics? That’s new to me. /s
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=00000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:48:58.764+0000) > > Steam achievements are flashable ingame as cosmetics? That’s new to me. /s dont smartass on me you know where i am aiming with that comparison. dont try to defend a system thats beyond reasoning. if u have a legit reason why this should only be available through RMT i am all ears. But as many before me stated this should be available through a progression system or always via BE like runepages.
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: So dont buy it, no one is forcing you.
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:31:10.910+0000) > > So dont buy it, no one is forcing you. So youre saying its okay to get locked out of content because they go for the pay it or scram method? no i dont think so usually i dont about stuff like balance or decisions etc. but this is really shitty.
: Bcs cosmetics are paid(350 rp for emote)? You know exectly what you paying for, unlike with lootboxes. It’s non gameplay effecting feature. So yeah, paid cosmetic feature that also tracks stats sounds reasonable. I won’t buy it, but it makes sense.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:30:13.302+0000) > > Bcs cosmetics are paid(350 rp for emote)? You know exectly what you paying for, unlike with lootboxes. It’s non gameplay effecting feature. > > So yeah, paid cosmetic feature that also tracks stats sounds reasonable. I won’t buy it, but it makes sense. To pay for a basic feature sounds reasonable? thats like paying for achievments in steam. its everything BUT reasonable. and it certainly doesnt make sense to monetize everything.
: Why should it be free?
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:04:52.956+0000) > > Why should it be free? Why should it not be? are they not making enough money already? do they have to monetize everything? League players are not walking purses and i dont want to be treated like one.
usul1202 (NA)
: Oh dearie me, I've gotta wait 6 months after not having them for the like, 5 years I've been playing this game. Whatever shall I do with myself? I now have the option to get something I want, for free. I would never pay for that shit, but if I can have it for the BE I've got lying around, cool beans. It's the exact same as hextech chests to me. Ain't gonna spend money on it, but I'll sure as hell say thank you when I get yet another free skin.
> [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T17:24:09.255+0000) > > Oh dearie me, I've gotta wait 6 months after not having them for the like, 5 years I've been playing this game. Whatever shall I do with myself? > > I now have the option to get something I want, for free. I would never pay for that shit, but if I can have it for the BE I've got lying around, cool beans. It's the exact same as hextech chests to me. Ain't gonna spend money on it, but I'll sure as hell say thank you when I get yet another free skin. you have not tho as the champion specific ones still cost $$$$$ so yeah you can keep that sarcasm btw as they wanted to implement this 2 years ago and as well as chests you get a free "taste" to inspire you to spend da $$$$. they are a giant multi billion dollar companie and just like EA Bethesda and ActiBliz they should stop shitting on their customers and monetize the shit out of everything. living is expensive enough as it is. at this point i would have rather paid a full 60$ for league and have everything else unlockable or a 12$ per month sub. but forcing content on players via purchase is shitty.
Arakadia (NA)
: I kinda suspect they intended to "lower" the prices to this after expected lashback from the beginning.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-23T16:54:49.868+0000) > > I kinda suspect they intended to "lower" the prices to this after expected lashback from the beginning. price shouldnt be "lowered" but removed
: - 225 RP or 3500 BE during Essence Emporium for each set of 3 Common Eternals. Common Eternals are the non-champion-specific stuff like Kills, Heals, etc. - 590 RP for each set of 3 Unique Eternals. Unique Eternals are the champion-specific stuff. These price points are rather reasonable. We need to remember that the thing we pay for with these Eternals is not the stat tracking per se, but the in-game call-outs and counters. ----- That being said, I still hope that Riot will make the out-of-game baseline stat tracking available independently of Eternals.
> [{quoted}](name=ProfDrDeath,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-23T17:19:24.236+0000) > > - 225 RP or 3500 BE during Essence Emporium for each set of 3 Common Eternals. Common Eternals are the non-champion-specific stuff like Kills, Heals, etc. > - 590 RP for each set of 3 Unique Eternals. Unique Eternals are the champion-specific stuff. > > These price points are rather reasonable. We need to remember that the thing we pay for with these Eternals is not the stat tracking per se, but the in-game call-outs and counters. > > ----- > > That being said, I still hope that Riot will make the out-of-game baseline stat tracking available independently of Eternals. it would be reasonal to implement it for free :o
: > [{quoted}](name=Frısk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-08-23T16:20:12.595+0000) > > They did not tho?!? you still have to buy them there is literally no difference to before. Except they implemented a system to use in-game currency to purchase the common ones. This practice is perfectly fair for a game that is built off microtransactions. Before I had no intention of even glancing at them, but now that they are BE it allows anyone to get them no matter irl money. This is also in line with certain mastery ranks, since some people wanted this to be an extension of that this change makes sense.
> [{quoted}](name=GedweyStenr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T16:24:20.157+0000) > > Except they implemented a system to use in-game currency to purchase the common ones. This practice is perfectly fair for a game that is built off microtransactions. Before I had no intention of even glancing at them, but now that they are BE it allows anyone to get them no matter irl money. This is also in line with certain mastery ranks, since some people wanted this to be an extension of that this change makes sense. like i said in another comment beeing able to buy common ones all 6 months isnt all that compelling. so even if that is okay it still locks you from the champ specific ones and yes riot makes money via MTs BUT not Solely and if you look at their Q2 earnings they certainly dont need to monetize achievments. Its something that should be free, PERIOD. They make enough money off their Community they should consider just doing something good for once.
usul1202 (NA)
: Nice to see you'll be able to buy the basic ones for BE. I wish the rare ones would be available for be if you hit a good sized mastery threshold.
> [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-23T15:42:11.375+0000) > > Nice to see you'll be able to buy the basic ones for BE. I wish the rare ones would be available for be if you hit a good sized mastery threshold. yeah at the end/start of the season you can buy them wohooo. so you have to wait about 6 month to buy basic achievements with BE. yes thats really generous from riot games. ._. although i have to admit if they would give the custom ones for lets say mastery 7 150k points reward it would be fine. but im not the first one to suggest that.
: Good change. I like this. Riot listened for this one.
> [{quoted}](name=GedweyStenr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-23T16:04:00.969+0000) > > Good change. I like this. Riot listened for this one. They did not tho?!? you still have to buy them there is literally no difference to before.
Frısk (EUW)
: Changes to Eternals
Also please dont hit me with the "the game is free they need to make money" BS . Look up how much cash they make first and then try saying that again. they could implement this free no problem. it would only have a positive impact on the community, which would be a nice change for once.
: Well before, 2 Common and a Unique per champion cost 850 RP. Now 3 Commons cost 225 RP, and 3 Uniques cost 590 RP. You're still paying for achievements though, which was the entire cause for the backlash to begin with, so a price reduction isn't really a solution here.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhRX36Ik,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T15:33:01.539+0000) > > Well before, 2 Common and a Unique per champion cost 850 RP. Now 3 Commons cost 225 RP, and 3 Uniques cost 590 RP. > You're still paying for achievements though, which was the entire cause for the backlash to begin with, so a price reduction isn't really a solution here. thats the point its not about how much you pay , but that you have to pay at all for something that should have been there and free years ago.
Rioter Comments
: League Director Not Launching
solution? i cant find any workaround have the same problem for a while now
Frısk (EUW)
: new champion leak?
apparently its the new adc and people call her "Aphelios" not sure if its her official name but ye
Rioter Comments

Frısk

Level 152 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion