: From all the Champs i play and love Aatrox truly has the best Voicestyle. Yes i love Draven, Tham and my others, but Aatrox has that extra bit of straighforward Coolness, his Seriousness, the way he talks to you like to a Child. Also him being a Darius Counter would be welcome on my side, too
> [{quoted}](name=Tokogawaruf,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=19dFZABs,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-26T12:45:57.875+0000) > > From all the Champs i play and love Aatrox truly has the best Voicestyle. Yes i love Draven, Tham and my others, but Aatrox has that extra bit of straighforward Coolness, his Seriousness, the way he talks to you like to a Child. > > Also him being a Darius Counter would be welcome on my side, too It’s ironic - just like with Urgot, Aatrox’s virtues and strengths only truly came to light right before his rework. I remember Urgot’s play rate and win rate skyrocketing right before his win rate, too. This time is different, though. I’ve come to trust Riot when it comes to reworks - in recent years they’ve really learnt how to do it right, and i KNOW Aatrox’s rework is going to be great. And that makes me sad, because it also means he will no longer be mine exclusively. Like Irelia, he is going to become a contested pick/ban option for at least a few months.
: love the kaisa op circle jerk
Then wait until she gets nerfed. Its when she gets nerfed you can tell the people that actually enjoy playing her from the meta whores abusing whatever is most broken.
Lippen27 (NA)
: This is exactly why 2019 ranked is going...
Haha "main account is diamond" He actually believes that's something to be proud of. Diamond is nothing special. It's the buffer zone between boosted plats and actual masters.
: One thing about Aatrox we really need to keep
YES YES YES YES! Sure, i do want him to be more menacing and threatening in lane - but the way he speaks - as if he is simply stating facts, like some sort of noble speaking to peasants - its perfect for a duelist. Now if his rework would also let him remain a Darius counter...
: I doubt we will. Since they wanted Aatrox to sound more "abusive" or aggressive in other words.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dE2W2Ank,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-25T11:21:22.194+0000) > > I doubt we will. Since they wanted Aatrox to sound more "abusive" or aggressive in other words. Yes, i suppose you are right. I'll miss his snobby attitude and superior laugh.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Why does Riven hate Noxus now?
She loves the idea of Noxus. She hates the way it's being managed. She hates Swain's rule and his methods. As of now, Swain IS Noxus. As such, she hates Noxus.
Rioter Comments
: Either put up a real argument or don't waste everyone's time with your posts. Your argument consists of: 1. you aren't rank x, so your statements don't matter 2. you aren't using "sources" for your claims Why that is patently the worst type of argument: 1. your argument lacks any backing - you don't use sources yourself and don't even cite actual in-game examples; I do - so you are doing exactly the crappy stuff you accuse me of... only even moreso. 2. rank has 0 bearing on something being true, accurate, false, etc. There are Riot employees balancing the game, designing champs, etc. from every single elo - yes even BRONZE. If higher elo truly meant you were smarter in every way, then explain how... morg support naut support naut top cho'gath runes used in lck camille support rageblade jhin unexpected "broken" conqueror champs nashor azir tank ekko fix galio rework is broken ... I could go on, but will stop for sake of time were all called/predicted/discovered by a gold NA player before any of you "high elo" know-it-all's. I await your novel explaining how you took longer to discover such things than a "know-nothing" gold. Until you can explain THAT and how you are still somehow smarter than me, smarter than all the toplaners of much higher elo than you who say the game is in a bad spot, smarter than all the players on the boards who aren't adc-or-die noobs who have open eyes and honesty to realize how stupidly the game has overempowered one role - making the game entirely focused on them... I'll be waiting. It takes a real dummy not to realize taliyah as one of the best mids is entirely because of her ability to roam bot, snowball HER adc, and win the game off the back of having the fed adc. She's a top tier mid right now even though she basically should lose 90% of 1v1's mid and doesn't have amazing scaling compared to many other options out there. So if she's that op right now, that in itself entirely supports the adc is sole role empowered to carry in almost every game at elo higher than silver. The fact that pro's are all picking tanks - many of them specifically designed to deal with adc's - is another piece of actual EVIDENCE (still waiting on any evidence from you beyond "I feel this way and I'm x elo") supporting this. Only a naive, an adc who refuses to admit the truth, or an inept person would argue otherwise. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by actually replying with this post. So, either learn your lesson and admit the truth, keep your mouth shut, or bring some real evidence - you know - the stuff you falsely accuse ME of not having. In case you don't know what evidence is: https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=du_cWv-eFMq0jwSh_q7YDA&q=evidence&oq=evidence&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l5j0i131k1j0l4.608.1914.0.2028.8.5.0.3.3.0.140.570.1j4.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.8.624...46j0i131i46k1j46i131k1j0i46k1.0.L0FSw2n-CN0
> [{quoted}](name=woodvsmurph,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3Ptu2jbP,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-22T20:25:19.946+0000) > > Either put up a real argument or don't waste everyone's time with your posts. Your argument consists of: > 1. you aren't rank x, so your statements don't matter > 2. you aren't using "sources" for your claims > > Why that is patently the worst type of argument: > 1. your argument lacks any backing - you don't use sources yourself and don't even cite actual in-game examples; I do - so you are doing exactly the crappy stuff you accuse me of... only even moreso. > 2. rank has 0 bearing on something being true, accurate, false, etc. There are Riot employees balancing the game, designing champs, etc. from every single elo - yes even BRONZE. If higher elo truly meant you were smarter in every way, then explain how... > > morg support > naut support > naut top > cho'gath runes used in lck > camille support > rageblade jhin > unexpected "broken" conqueror champs > nashor azir > tank ekko fix > galio rework is broken > ... > I could go on, but will stop for sake of time > > were all called/predicted/discovered by a gold NA player before any of you "high elo" know-it-all's. > > I await your novel explaining how you took longer to discover such things than a "know-nothing" gold. Until you can explain THAT and how you are still somehow smarter than me, smarter than all the toplaners of much higher elo than you who say the game is in a bad spot, smarter than all the players on the boards who aren't adc-or-die noobs who have open eyes and honesty to realize how stupidly the game has overempowered one role - making the game entirely focused on them... I'll be waiting. > > It takes a real dummy not to realize taliyah as one of the best mids is entirely because of her ability to roam bot, snowball HER adc, and win the game off the back of having the fed adc. She's a top tier mid right now even though she basically should lose 90% of 1v1's mid and doesn't have amazing scaling compared to many other options out there. So if she's that op right now, that in itself entirely supports the adc is sole role empowered to carry in almost every game at elo higher than silver. The fact that pro's are all picking tanks - many of them specifically designed to deal with adc's - is another piece of actual EVIDENCE (still waiting on any evidence from you beyond "I feel this way and I'm x elo") supporting this. > > Only a naive, an adc who refuses to admit the truth, or an inept person would argue otherwise. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by actually replying with this post. So, either learn your lesson and admit the truth, keep your mouth shut, or bring some real evidence - you know - the stuff you falsely accuse ME of not having. > > In case you don't know what evidence is: > https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=du_cWv-eFMq0jwSh_q7YDA&q=evidence&oq=evidence&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l5j0i131k1j0l4.608.1914.0.2028.8.5.0.3.3.0.140.570.1j4.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.8.624...46j0i131i46k1j46i131k1j0i46k1.0.L0FSw2n-CN0 Oh and i should mention, speaking of playing the game for the sake of entertainment - that's also the only reason i entertain you here. I think it's fun to argue, so i keep pulling words out of my ass. I don't remember making any statements on mid laners, but my 2 cents would be that Taliyah and Anivia are both extremely unhealthy champions that are absurdly broken due to their kits. Fortunately neither is particularly popular.
: Either put up a real argument or don't waste everyone's time with your posts. Your argument consists of: 1. you aren't rank x, so your statements don't matter 2. you aren't using "sources" for your claims Why that is patently the worst type of argument: 1. your argument lacks any backing - you don't use sources yourself and don't even cite actual in-game examples; I do - so you are doing exactly the crappy stuff you accuse me of... only even moreso. 2. rank has 0 bearing on something being true, accurate, false, etc. There are Riot employees balancing the game, designing champs, etc. from every single elo - yes even BRONZE. If higher elo truly meant you were smarter in every way, then explain how... morg support naut support naut top cho'gath runes used in lck camille support rageblade jhin unexpected "broken" conqueror champs nashor azir tank ekko fix galio rework is broken ... I could go on, but will stop for sake of time were all called/predicted/discovered by a gold NA player before any of you "high elo" know-it-all's. I await your novel explaining how you took longer to discover such things than a "know-nothing" gold. Until you can explain THAT and how you are still somehow smarter than me, smarter than all the toplaners of much higher elo than you who say the game is in a bad spot, smarter than all the players on the boards who aren't adc-or-die noobs who have open eyes and honesty to realize how stupidly the game has overempowered one role - making the game entirely focused on them... I'll be waiting. It takes a real dummy not to realize taliyah as one of the best mids is entirely because of her ability to roam bot, snowball HER adc, and win the game off the back of having the fed adc. She's a top tier mid right now even though she basically should lose 90% of 1v1's mid and doesn't have amazing scaling compared to many other options out there. So if she's that op right now, that in itself entirely supports the adc is sole role empowered to carry in almost every game at elo higher than silver. The fact that pro's are all picking tanks - many of them specifically designed to deal with adc's - is another piece of actual EVIDENCE (still waiting on any evidence from you beyond "I feel this way and I'm x elo") supporting this. Only a naive, an adc who refuses to admit the truth, or an inept person would argue otherwise. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by actually replying with this post. So, either learn your lesson and admit the truth, keep your mouth shut, or bring some real evidence - you know - the stuff you falsely accuse ME of not having. In case you don't know what evidence is: https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=du_cWv-eFMq0jwSh_q7YDA&q=evidence&oq=evidence&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l5j0i131k1j0l4.608.1914.0.2028.8.5.0.3.3.0.140.570.1j4.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.8.624...46j0i131i46k1j46i131k1j0i46k1.0.L0FSw2n-CN0
> [{quoted}](name=woodvsmurph,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3Ptu2jbP,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-22T20:25:19.946+0000) > > Either put up a real argument or don't waste everyone's time with your posts. Your argument consists of: > 1. you aren't rank x, so your statements don't matter > 2. you aren't using "sources" for your claims > > Why that is patently the worst type of argument: > 1. your argument lacks any backing - you don't use sources yourself and don't even cite actual in-game examples; I do - so you are doing exactly the crappy stuff you accuse me of... only even moreso. > 2. rank has 0 bearing on something being true, accurate, false, etc. There are Riot employees balancing the game, designing champs, etc. from every single elo - yes even BRONZE. If higher elo truly meant you were smarter in every way, then explain how... > > morg support > naut support > naut top > cho'gath runes used in lck > camille support > rageblade jhin > unexpected "broken" conqueror champs > nashor azir > tank ekko fix > galio rework is broken > ... > I could go on, but will stop for sake of time > > were all called/predicted/discovered by a gold NA player before any of you "high elo" know-it-all's. > > I await your novel explaining how you took longer to discover such things than a "know-nothing" gold. Until you can explain THAT and how you are still somehow smarter than me, smarter than all the toplaners of much higher elo than you who say the game is in a bad spot, smarter than all the players on the boards who aren't adc-or-die noobs who have open eyes and honesty to realize how stupidly the game has overempowered one role - making the game entirely focused on them... I'll be waiting. > > It takes a real dummy not to realize taliyah as one of the best mids is entirely because of her ability to roam bot, snowball HER adc, and win the game off the back of having the fed adc. She's a top tier mid right now even though she basically should lose 90% of 1v1's mid and doesn't have amazing scaling compared to many other options out there. So if she's that op right now, that in itself entirely supports the adc is sole role empowered to carry in almost every game at elo higher than silver. The fact that pro's are all picking tanks - many of them specifically designed to deal with adc's - is another piece of actual EVIDENCE (still waiting on any evidence from you beyond "I feel this way and I'm x elo") supporting this. > > Only a naive, an adc who refuses to admit the truth, or an inept person would argue otherwise. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by actually replying with this post. So, either learn your lesson and admit the truth, keep your mouth shut, or bring some real evidence - you know - the stuff you falsely accuse ME of not having. > > In case you don't know what evidence is: > https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=du_cWv-eFMq0jwSh_q7YDA&q=evidence&oq=evidence&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l5j0i131k1j0l4.608.1914.0.2028.8.5.0.3.3.0.140.570.1j4.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.8.624...46j0i131i46k1j46i131k1j0i46k1.0.L0FSw2n-CN0 Everyone has at some point «discovered» something to-be-meta in their league career. That you played something before it became meta does not necessarily mean you were the first person to discover it - i’m sorry to say none of us are that special. Recognizing strong builds for champions is all a matter of logical thinking and detecting patterns. An example would be back in season 2: Urgot were widely considered one of the worst champions in the game and tear of the goddess the worst item available. I slapped them together and discovered my first main champion, something that was picked by pro players and even had to get nerfed a year later. Does that mean i invented it? No. There have been Urgot mains since his release, and Riot had already recognized Tear of the goddess’ potential as it got its rework/expansion from manamune to muramana one and a half year later, which launched it into meta territory for Jayce and Urgot, although ezreal didnt start picking it up for another while yet. Enough history lesson. My point is that the reason i’m not bothering to take your arguments seriously is because of your sheer arrogance - do you ACTUALLY believe you were the only player in the entire world to try something on a champion? In my native language we have a term for that attitude. «Blærete» - It translates roughly to «stuck-up, naive and blind to the world as they only look at themselves». Quit the whole «i’m better than everybody else» attitude and it’d be easier to show you some respect. The reason i pull the rank card is that i consider myself garbage at the game. But if you keep detecting the strongest champions and builds MONTHS before the world’s elite does and you STILL get stuck two entire divisions below mine, then clearly you’re doing something wrong. Just like you, i could go on all day about the various surprising builds i discovered while playing the game that turned out to be great. Or i could whine about how i’ve only ever mained champions the end up getting reworked within 4 months of me maining them ( it makes me sad :( ) But what’s the point? Who gains anything? Who cares? Nobody cares. We’re here to play and enjoy the game, not to listen to people try to boost their ego by pretending they’re anything special. I’m just another random summoner name you won’t even remember three minutes after writing your next infuriated reply admonishing me at the indignation of implying you are not the smartest league player in the world, and as i write this i still have no clue what your summoner name is. For all i know i could be having this little baby squabble with multiple people. I’m just saying. Nobody cares who did something first, and the blatant attention seeking makes you look like a child. If you dont like the game; dont play it. There are way too many people enjoying it for it to recieve drastic changes. The only thing you can do is adapt to what the game has become or leave and find something that better suits you. I warmly recommend games like Fable 2, Skyrim and Legend of Zelda - there you are the definitive hero and everybody sings your praises.
: I like the Demacia idea. People see a mage holding a very sentient, very angry weapon and they're all "oh yeah, that's why we don't like magic."
> [{quoted}](name=NotaRobot1006,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O3ieEamG,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2018-04-21T17:49:55.065+0000) > > I like the Demacia idea. People see a mage holding a very sentient, very angry weapon and they're all "oh yeah, that's why we don't like magic." Thanks for the laugh. That's a hilarious example, and most certainly not because it's a bad one.
: You are wrong on multiple counts. 1. This season is perhaps one of the worst if taken as a whole. Adc's are literally the sole carry threat in high level of play. Sure other champs (largely thanks to conqueror) have SOME hope of impacting the game, but that is mostly via splitpush which... currently isn't nearly as effective or easy to execute (at all levels of play) as in seasons past. Thus, barring the rare extreme cases of stuff like 8/0/0 jax or yasuo top with conqueror getting into a teamfight, peeling and just setting up adc to right click everyone to death is by far the strongest, most reliable option. 2. This results in rather boring and predictable matches - making many veteran lcs fans lose interest. Sure a new generation might be rising up to replace them - MIGHT BE - but that doesn't make it okay. As the vid explains, some of the changes made to the runescape or whatever brought in new players, but it also alienated other chunks of players. This led to decline in player base. If you want to watch someone right click others to death on a ranged character... go watch an fps game. League isn't supposed to be purely about watching an adc to see which one will get fed and solo carry the game. There's a ton of cool champs with all sorts of weapons/abilities which deserve to be showcased - not just ranged ones with guns or bows. 3. I am more than capable of adapting. For example, I theory crafted a cho'gath rune page which was eventually discovered independent of me by Korean pro scene and used to great success in a pro game... in a matchup cho was supposed to lose, he won handily thanks to the rune setup. I theory crafted nashor tooth azir - back when he first came out and everyone said you go morello on him or you're stupid. And... we all know which one stood the test of time. I am perfectly capable of adapting. That is not the issue. There have been some apparent ATTEMPTS to begin fixing some of the glaring issues we've had since at least the start of this season; however, others have still not been touched at all. Conqueror is one of these "attempts". I say that because it has created a nightmare of it's own in toplane and pushed things too far in the opposite direction. It's intent was primarily to help struggling bruisers (caster-based like darius and renekton) not aa-based fighters like jax (kinda hybrid caster/aa), yi, yasuo, etc. But rather than accomplish this, it has just made aa-based champs like yas into even more of a ticking time bomb... with basically nothing opponents can do to fight against it after a certain point. Caster-based champs have a WINDOW in the early/mid game to snowball lane and run away with the game. If they miss that though - either through mistakes or by being camped in lane to prevent/minimize their ability to play agro, they get outscaled far more than before by aa-based champs like yas, trynd, etc. And then, thanks to the true damage of conqueror, there is no combo of items they can ever hope to buy that will let them so much as farm a minion wave away from tower. And they can be tower dove much more easily with 0 hope of survival. That is not a fix. It was an honest attempt, but it is not a proper fix. Now, there are SOME great things from this season. Rune/mastery combined. Multiple options offering some flexibility to many roles/champs. More available to newer players and more clear cut for them to learn. Some nice items added to the game or updates to items. But the glaring flaws that are being ignored or worse... reinforced by changes made to the game are more than enough to override the positive things for anyone who played before last season. Why was toplane tank meta for so long? Tanks are given too high of base damage in order to help them farm. Adc's are the only real threat capable of killing an enemy alone in a teamfight; everyone else needs assistance unless they're hella fed. Adc's have cheapest build with strongest scaling and... tanks are the best at peeling to keep your adc alive while also tanking the enemy adc. Bruisers and fighters for a long time didn't have a way to deal with the durability and sustain of tanks in the laning phase. By the time they could build cleaver to cut through the tank's armor, one team's adc would be rotating top to get more towers or the game would be transitioning to teamfights and objectives. Bruisers and fighters were unsafe (except camille basically) to farm in lane with due to higher fragility and higher leveled junglers. Combined with the extra damage champs have and the lower durability, bruisers and fighters were almost guaranteed kills if pushed out when the enemy jg comes to gank. I could go on about tanks in toplane and other concepts, but I will skip that for sake of time and length. The point is - stuff is meta for a reason and it can be used as evidence supporting the claims made in the vid and the ones others and I have made here on the boards. Rather than ignore all these things, Riot needs to listen closely to its players and give value to what they say - especially the longtime ones who have a clue what they are talking about when they write... whether it's something good or bad or neutral. Rank/elo is not the determining factor as to whether or not the input is valuable either - validity of the statement is. If they continue largely ignoring huge chunks of players and doing crap that makes them seriously upset with Riot and keep such changes - adding more of them with every few patches - then eventually SOME of those fed-up players leave. Do that enough, and you end up with a giant gap in the player base which no amount of reverts, buffs, or nerfs can fix.
> [{quoted}](name=woodvsmurph,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3Ptu2jbP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-20T10:59:24.590+0000) > > You are wrong on multiple counts. > > 1. This season is perhaps one of the worst if taken as a whole. Adc's are literally the sole carry threat in high level of play. Sure other champs (largely thanks to conqueror) have SOME hope of impacting the game, but that is mostly via splitpush which... currently isn't nearly as effective or easy to execute (at all levels of play) as in seasons past. Thus, barring the rare extreme cases of stuff like 8/0/0 jax or yasuo top with conqueror getting into a teamfight, peeling and just setting up adc to right click everyone to death is by far the strongest, most reliable option. > > 2. This results in rather boring and predictable matches - making many veteran lcs fans lose interest. Sure a new generation might be rising up to replace them - MIGHT BE - but that doesn't make it okay. As the vid explains, some of the changes made to the runescape or whatever brought in new players, but it also alienated other chunks of players. This led to decline in player base. If you want to watch someone right click others to death on a ranged character... go watch an fps game. League isn't supposed to be purely about watching an adc to see which one will get fed and solo carry the game. There's a ton of cool champs with all sorts of weapons/abilities which deserve to be showcased - not just ranged ones with guns or bows. > > 3. I am more than capable of adapting. For example, I theory crafted a cho'gath rune page which was eventually discovered independent of me by Korean pro scene and used to great success in a pro game... in a matchup cho was supposed to lose, he won handily thanks to the rune setup. > I theory crafted nashor tooth azir - back when he first came out and everyone said you go morello on him or you're stupid. And... we all know which one stood the test of time. I am perfectly capable of adapting. That is not the issue. > > There have been some apparent ATTEMPTS to begin fixing some of the glaring issues we've had since at least the start of this season; however, others have still not been touched at all. Conqueror is one of these "attempts". I say that because it has created a nightmare of it's own in toplane and pushed things too far in the opposite direction. It's intent was primarily to help struggling bruisers (caster-based like darius and renekton) not aa-based fighters like jax (kinda hybrid caster/aa), yi, yasuo, etc. But rather than accomplish this, it has just made aa-based champs like yas into even more of a ticking time bomb... with basically nothing opponents can do to fight against it after a certain point. Caster-based champs have a WINDOW in the early/mid game to snowball lane and run away with the game. If they miss that though - either through mistakes or by being camped in lane to prevent/minimize their ability to play agro, they get outscaled far more than before by aa-based champs like yas, trynd, etc. And then, thanks to the true damage of conqueror, there is no combo of items they can ever hope to buy that will let them so much as farm a minion wave away from tower. And they can be tower dove much more easily with 0 hope of survival. That is not a fix. It was an honest attempt, but it is not a proper fix. > > Now, there are SOME great things from this season. Rune/mastery combined. Multiple options offering some flexibility to many roles/champs. More available to newer players and more clear cut for them to learn. Some nice items added to the game or updates to items. But the glaring flaws that are being ignored or worse... reinforced by changes made to the game are more than enough to override the positive things for anyone who played before last season. > > Why was toplane tank meta for so long? Tanks are given too high of base damage in order to help them farm. Adc's are the only real threat capable of killing an enemy alone in a teamfight; everyone else needs assistance unless they're hella fed. Adc's have cheapest build with strongest scaling and... tanks are the best at peeling to keep your adc alive while also tanking the enemy adc. Bruisers and fighters for a long time didn't have a way to deal with the durability and sustain of tanks in the laning phase. By the time they could build cleaver to cut through the tank's armor, one team's adc would be rotating top to get more towers or the game would be transitioning to teamfights and objectives. Bruisers and fighters were unsafe (except camille basically) to farm in lane with due to higher fragility and higher leveled junglers. Combined with the extra damage champs have and the lower durability, bruisers and fighters were almost guaranteed kills if pushed out when the enemy jg comes to gank. > I could go on about tanks in toplane and other concepts, but I will skip that for sake of time and length. The point is - stuff is meta for a reason and it can be used as evidence supporting the claims made in the vid and the ones others and I have made here on the boards. Rather than ignore all these things, Riot needs to listen closely to its players and give value to what they say - especially the longtime ones who have a clue what they are talking about when they write... whether it's something good or bad or neutral. Rank/elo is not the determining factor as to whether or not the input is valuable either - validity of the statement is. If they continue largely ignoring huge chunks of players and doing crap that makes them seriously upset with Riot and keep such changes - adding more of them with every few patches - then eventually SOME of those fed-up players leave. Do that enough, and you end up with a giant gap in the player base which no amount of reverts, buffs, or nerfs can fix. I'm just going to end this right here - you seem a little obsessed with the whole "me, myself and i" thing. If you truly were capable of adapting, you wouldn't be having a problem - no, the game is most certainly not in a "good spot" but that does not change this is by far the healthiest League has been at since early season 5. The game has only been going up from there (which speaks more of just how bad it got than how good it now is) and if you haven't realized this despite playing since long before then, then you have either not been playing enough or you are blinded by your current frustration. I'm not interested in quarreling. If you want to prove me wrong, you'll have to say more than "i feel like its this and this". Not like i'm putting out any sources for my statements either - i really can't be bothered. Now, if you were to climb to Diamond and thus prove you are, in fact, very well capable of adaptation, then i'll hear you out. Until then... I suggest you quit league if you are not enjoying it. It's not going to magically change overnight, or even over a year. Find a better game to play, rather than waste your time on the forums voicing your personal concerns.
: What region would you want the last unknown Darkin (Not counting Varus' sister) to be from?
I almost said Demacia, but they have plenty of capable fighters. Then i realized we already have two Darkin fighters... I sure as hell dont want a shadow isles darkin, and the kumungu jungle doesnt seem to exist in modern lore, in favour of Ionia. Bilgewater seems a decent enough idea, and i could certainly see Kayn getting a bilgewater skin to go with Aatrox’s - but a cutlass? Gangplank’s already wielding a burning one, so he holds dominion over that thematic. Unless we’ll see an eventual Darkin rework of Nautilus, i can’t picture a suitable thematic for Bilgewater. Gameplay-wise... If not for Kai’sa, i’d say a Void or Icathia darkin to fill out the team comp - the darkin are only missing a mid laner, ideally a mage as i believe the fourth darkin will be a support. Although Varus deals hybrid damage, a darkin comp would be rather unwieldy with a quadruple AD build path for 4 out of 5 team members along with two basic attackers. I doubt Aatrox’s gameplay update will change the core of his playstyle. Story-wise... I’d say Demacia makes the most sense for a mage. Mages are detested and in hiding in Demacia - this sets the precedent for a person to hear the whispers of a Darkin promising them power, freedom of persecution or similar - security, in return for either a partnership like Rhaast’s or a conquest like Aatrox. Honestly, what i’d like the most to see would be a less demonic darkin - as it is a mage, it could be an intellectual that freely aids their wielder rather than control them, as long as their goals coincide. But that is only wishful thinking on my part; The Darkin are warlike demons with distinct superiority complexes, and as such i figure they’ll all have pretty disagreeable personalities. Perfect for League players to identify with.
: Too True - and we've been calling it out for months now with actual evidence
Okay. But you do realize Season 8 has been the best season league has seen for four years, right? The game is currently better than it has been for many years, albeit much less beginner friendly than ever (whenever i talk about league, i always recommend against playing it - wether it be a potential returning player or a complete beginner) But that does not mean the game is dying. It has stagnated a bit during the weak seasons 5 and 7, but i believe Riot has been on the right path ever since the addition of Conqueror various rune rebalances. If they can only keep going the direction they recently have been, this might just be a revolution for League. That you, personally, arent enjoying the game does not mean its dying. It just means you are getting burnt out, or you are unable to adapt to the fierce changes we see every year. That happens, and there's nothing wrong with it. The game is not for everyone.
Rioter Comments
Purgë (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aN0EA33a,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-18T21:54:26.787+0000) > > I think they're trying to move away from AD kennen and towards on-hit hybrid kennen it's the same wtf u talking about mate
> [{quoted}](name=Purgë,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aN0EA33a,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-18T21:56:12.203+0000) > > it's the same wtf u talking about mate I wouldn't say {{champion:85}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3115}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3089}} Is the same as {{champion:85}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3072}} {{item:3036}} Or {{champion:85}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3022}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3033}} {{item:3072}} But hey, whatever floats your goat
: Ryze work on PBE
The W change sounds extremely fun. I have been avoiding Ryze recently because i dont want to come across as a "meta abuser", but the mana refund on his W just seems too fun to pass up. Also, the whole Ryze rework meme is still gold.
Elivil (NA)
: Why am I getting queued with players that have a sub 50% winrate when I have a 65%?
They balance out the MMR with the opposing team's. If your MMR is super high, your teammates will be lower ranked while your opponents will be higher ranked. Your LP gains will naturally increase with the size of this gap.
: Didn't Riot want to move away from AD Kennen last season?
I think they're trying to move away from AD kennen and towards on-hit hybrid kennen
oHammeRo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GET25dRA,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-04-12T01:52:09.361+0000) > > Vlad's has a cooldown and distinct counterplay through the bar beneath his health. Shen's Q is literally just a more oppressive version of Akali's Q. Well Vorpal Blade had a 6 sec CD Vlad‘s Q has 9 thats not realy a big difference considering Vlad builds CDR. Also Vorpal blade did less damage and had a lower range than Vlads Q, also Vlad builds stats that buff his Q’s damage Shen did not. Even when comparing the healing Vlads Q is better and he gets his little minigame for extra damage and movespeed. Yeah overall Vorpal Blade is nothing compared to Vlads Q.
> [{quoted}](name=oHammeRo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GET25dRA,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-12T19:49:38.763+0000) > > Well Vorpal Blade had a 6 sec CD Vlad‘s Q has 9 thats not realy a big difference considering Vlad builds CDR. Also Vorpal blade did less damage and had a lower range than Vlads Q, also Vlad builds stats that buff his Q’s damage Shen did not. Even when comparing the healing Vlads Q is better and he gets his little minigame for extra damage and movespeed. Yeah overall Vorpal Blade is nothing compared to Vlads Q. Except that you are only looking at stats, and you are wrong - here’s why; Yes, Vlad’s Q has higher damage and better scaling, in every way. But what you neglect here is the not so obvious problems with vorpal blade. From most problematic to least: Vorpal blade provides a no-risk farming pattern in lane that discourages Shen from ever actually taking part in laning. Like Gamgplank, except it has no cost or tradeoff whatsoever, as well as discouraging Shen’s lane opponent from ever trading with him unless they can reliably all-in him without burning all their resources as well as having a way to safely sustain back up. Vorpal blade is a “win every trade for free” card. Vorpal blade potentially provides THE ENTIRETY of Shen’s team healing. Vorpal blade forces Shen to max Q in every possible circumstance and situation.
: I have to agree Tyler1's statement.
1. The past seasons have been terrible. In that regard, Season 8 seems to be League’s best season since season 4. They’re finally on the right track with recent rune and item changes. Although conqueror is unhealthy on attack speed champions, it’s still a step up towards giving the game variety and flexibility.
Ąhri Bot (EUW)
: When you think she's beautiful, but it's C9 Sneaky
That is really impressive, and enforces my standpoint on the whole trap controversy. After all, so what if «traps are gay»? The real question is «Do you really care?». Only problem would be that only chicks dig elo, and you will never be anywhere near Sneaky’s.
oHammeRo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GET25dRA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-08T14:46:06.640+0000) > > I really hope this is a shitpost. > > On the off-chance its not, you realize Shen's old Q was literally the most boring ability in the entire game, right? It was LITERALLY just a shorter range, weaker Pantheon Q. His laning phase consisted of spamming it whenever it was up on either minions or an enemy champion - sort of like what Akali does. > > Shen's rework was succesful. He is a very strong champion with a unique playstyle. Leblanc, Rengar and Kog'maw's reworks werent. They were faulty in many ways, to the point their old iterations were healthier than the new ones. I always wonder why people are never talking about Vlad‘s Q whenever Shen‘s old Q comes up. Its almost the exact same abillity but for some reasons its ok on Vlad but not on Shen. I will never understand this.
> [{quoted}](name=oHammeRo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GET25dRA,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-04-11T14:08:27.069+0000) > > I always wonder why people are never talking about Vlad‘s Q whenever Shen‘s old Q comes up. Its almost the exact same abillity but for some reasons its ok on Vlad but not on Shen. I will never understand this. Vlad's has a cooldown and distinct counterplay through the bar beneath his health. Shen's Q is literally just a more oppressive version of Akali's Q.
: Chat Banned unfairly?
And how are you better than him by fighting fire with fire? The rest of your team (and potentially the players in the match) still have to watch you to scream at each other like babies. The ToS specifically states retaliation is not a valid excuse for bad behaviour.
: It took me a while after hitting Mastery 7 on Teemo to realise that maybe he's really frustrating
Honestly, people gank Teemo because he's a really easy kill. He relies on movement speed to escape and most teemo players are so monstrously greedy they'll happily use all their spells trying to poke the enemy laner under their tower.
: Since Rengar,LB,Ahri etc are getting revert love. Can Shen have old Q back?
I really hope this is a shitpost. On the off-chance its not, you realize Shen's old Q was literally the most boring ability in the entire game, right? It was LITERALLY just a shorter range, weaker Pantheon Q. His laning phase consisted of spamming it whenever it was up on either minions or an enemy champion - sort of like what Akali does. Shen's rework was succesful. He is a very strong champion with a unique playstyle. Leblanc, Rengar and Kog'maw's reworks werent. They were faulty in many ways, to the point their old iterations were healthier than the new ones.
: to be fair, splashes are supposed to represent how a champion/skin would like like in the Runeterra world
> [{quoted}](name=Moonboy65,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=089pdx6J,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-08T02:57:03.239+0000) > > to be fair, splashes are supposed to represent how a champion/skin would like like in the Runeterra world That's not the problem. If Lancer Rogue was the same, i wouldn't say a word. https://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/default/files/lancer%20rogue%20blitzcrank.jpg As you can see, Lancer Rogue has the crest. As such there is LITERALLY no reason not to add it to Lancer Paragon - it makes it look like the work of an amateur and makes it VERY obvious which skin was modeled first - Rogue has a lot more attention to detail and generally higher quality, as such it was obviously made later.
Rioter Comments
: had an ADC player unironically afk because the jungler taxed a cannon minion
I've started picking up {{item:2403}} in top lane. Doesnt really matter what champion im playing. Giving up the secondary mastery tree for a guarantee i will get the first 6 cannon minions is worth it, as the lane is automatically lost if my opponent gets one and i dont.
: @Riot, people in general have very strong opinions,so how do you deal with big egos in your company?
Its a very interesting topic, but sadly they couldn't possibly talk about this as that is literally asking for trouble. Its impossible to maintain a perfect work space - there will always be disagreements and frustrations. As long as these are kept private, they can be sorted out. If they are announced to the public, someone may feel they are threatened by an indirect witch hunt.
Forenix (EUNE)
: Mega Patch? (Region, Champs and Items)
So it's basically fan fiction?
: > [{quoted}](name=Egregîous Kîng,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hiKiwrvb,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-04-06T09:06:44.450+0000) > > Yeah the system is dumb as shit. Gotta get used to it, riot sure as hell won't change jack. I wear my dishonorable tag as a medal. Shows you dont care about Riots bs honor system and have realized this game is full of a bunch of morons who dont understand the game. Yup... that's what it shows. Lol. More like shows nothing other than you probably lose your temper easily. Honor is nothing but free shit for playing the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hiKiwrvb,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-04-07T03:35:51.179+0000) > > Yup... that's what it shows. Lol. More like shows nothing other than you probably lose your temper easily. Honor is nothing but free shit for playing the game. Really? So would you say i'm not missing out on anything essential, then? I just feel left out when i hear my friends talk about skin shards and key fragments, not to mention ranked borders :(
: Congrats! Now just stop being borderline toxic/negative, and you'll start progressing much faster!
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hiKiwrvb,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-04-07T03:34:00.460+0000) > > Congrats! Now just stop being borderline toxic/negative, and you'll start progressing much faster! Ironic comment
: > [{quoted}](name=Azurify,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hiKiwrvb,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-06T07:46:11.744+0000) > > I finally hit checkpoint 1 two months after dishonorable and having 200 games with 2-3 honors each game, it is a grind to actually get anywhere with the honor system this season for some reason because people without dishonorable have even been saying they are having a hard time getting anywhere with checkpoints. > > It came right after I posted a question about why it was taking forever to get a checkpoint which leaves me to believe that maybe riot is still trying to tweak it. Leads* you to believe. ;) just for future reference.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hiKiwrvb,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-04-07T03:35:01.735+0000) > > Leads* you to believe. ;) just for future reference. Nobody asked. If you understand what i am trying to say, remain silent in the future.
: I'm surprised this wasn't about his walking animation.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=089pdx6J,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-06T21:27:48.665+0000) > > I'm surprised this wasn't about his walking animation. His W transition's into the beautiful new animation, so that i can overlook. Paragon just feels straight up unsatisfying because it lacks the crest. It means much more than you might think for how it feels to play him.
Rioter Comments
: Nice extreme exaggeration. Literally everyone knows that he means champions that are considered disfavored in their lane, not absurd examples like that.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1tA9u4Kl,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-04-06T17:54:57.264+0000) > > Nice extreme exaggeration. > > Literally everyone knows that he means champions that are considered disfavored in their lane, not absurd examples like that. ######But it's not an exaggeration, i like playing blitzcrank jungle because he synergizes extremely well with triforce...######
Rioter Comments
: What if there was a Keystone that WAS a Summoner Spell?
Makes me think of the grenade launcher attachment occupying a perk slot in older call of duty games.
: Can we like...not allow people to ban what you're hovering?
You're so very right! If i want to go attack speed blitzcrank jungle, you should damn well let me!
: Pro Tip - Battle Boosts For 95RP/game, everyone will love you. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=Moonlytee,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hiKiwrvb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-06T06:55:39.960+0000) > > Pro Tip - Battle Boosts > For 95RP/game, everyone will love you. > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} I have no troubles getting honored. Even as a top laner i usually get 1 honour /game on average, as a jungler i typically get 2-3 and as a support i normally get 2-4. And even with this extremely high frequency of (random) honors honor progress is absurdly slow. I was hoping i might get a ranked border after this season, but at this rate i won't have the opportunity until the end of season 10.
Rioter Comments
SEKAI (OCE)
: Isn't Jax's appearance simply due to the fact he fell into the void along with Icathia?
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pYa0EzcJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-05T12:50:59.448+0000) > > Isn't Jax's appearance simply due to the fact he fell into the void along with Icathia? Yes, its pretty clear he is afflicted by the void. I just figured ascension might explain his inhuman reflexes and abilities. Not to mention 3 fingers 2 toes.
: He's "Kohari", whatever that means. I think Xerath may be a baccai.
> [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pYa0EzcJ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-04-05T14:07:31.113+0000) > > He's "Kohari", whatever that means. I think Xerath may be a baccai. Oh. That's a very good point.
Rioter Comments
: What report category can i use for someone that steals my drafted role?
This was a ranked game. The player in question had 2nd pick, i had 5th pick. I didn't want to sabotage the 3 other players in the game, so i went support. You'd be surprised how stubborn low diamond players can be - they'd rather maintain their ego and take a full loss than go for the climb.
Rioter Comments
: Seriously, don't be that new player.
I first timed Irelia in ranked and won my promos to Dia 3.
: it gives you 250 free max mana, which does next to nothing for mana sustain which is what mfb's original purpose was. It doesnt give 1% total mana, it gives 1% of missing mana per 5 seconds which have very diminishing returns unless you run around with like 1/3 of your max mana. The entire tone of your post is just condescending and not appreciated at all, you literally dont even know what youre talking about as evidenced by the corrections i mentioned above. Also enchanters arent just sitting under tower, idk where you get that from, we are right behind our adc's with our shields/heals on cooldown almost all the time. Especially the heavily manadependant ones dont have any to waste on their comparably useless damage skills and encouraging them to do so is counterproductive.
> [{quoted}](name=JarodDempsey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9WEOjLsq,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-04-05T04:00:56.064+0000) > > it gives you 250 free max mana, which does next to nothing for mana sustain which is what mfb's original purpose was. It doesnt give 1% total mana, it gives 1% of missing mana per 5 seconds which have very diminishing returns unless you run around with like 1/3 of your max mana. > > The entire tone of your post is just condescending and not appreciated at all, you literally dont even know what youre talking about as evidenced by the corrections i mentioned above. Also enchanters arent just sitting under tower, idk where you get that from, we are right behind our adc's with our shields/heals on cooldown almost all the time. Especially the heavily manadependant ones dont have any to waste on their comparably useless damage skills and encouraging them to do so is counterproductive. Since when does enchanters not deal damage? Have you ever seen a {{champion:37}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:40}} land their combos? They easily outdamage their marksman until level 6-7. This may of course be different in the lower ranks. Not everybody plays in the middle elos (diamond+). Dont think this rework didnt affect me at all. I used to run manaflow presence of mind taric support for literally unlimited mana in the early levels - now i have to build mana if i want to keep my marksman alive. On one hand this means a weaker early game, but on the other it opens up a couple new build options to me as i only have to buy one mana item rather than two.
Show more

Frontline Fury

Level 81 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion