SCP 106 (NA)
: Whys this champion so underpowered? Whys this champion so broken? How did that happen?
>"because ur bad" they dont even spell "your" right, these players are pests Ahem, it's actually "you're", not "your".
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Id5yRZEb,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-12-14T17:47:55.159+0000) > > Rofl that's not even remotely enough games to call it "a lot". It's slightly over 100 games max with 4 hours a day for 4 weeks. 100 games is a drop in the ocean. > > It took me 700 games to reach master tier and i didn't improve at any point during the climb. So your skill might be on that level but it can still take A LOT of games to get there. Luck plays a huge part in how fast that happens. > > This isn't true either. You can be stuck for extended periods of time without having reached your limit. I have a real question for you... Since you're in high elo, and quite honestly I only get trolled, insulted, or straight up smashed if I ask the community as a whole, I'd like to ask you personally. This is a second account, I've played League on and off for years, I do know it very well inside and out for strategy, tactics, freezing lanes, etc.. No I'm not amazing, and my hand eye, and mechanical coordination needs work, but I digress. When I first started playing on this account, I was constantly getting into games with Gold, plat, and diamond players. (I use the Overwolf thing, which shows peoples elo's, and ranks,e tc.). I was successfully playing, winning my lanes, even getting ahead in most games. yea some games were off, but most games I actually did very well. I was always even, or equal in cs. I was trading well, and unless the person was really high elo I'd at least be able to go even in lane. When I pushed advantages and ganked other lanes I was able to win pretty steadily.. This was norms of course.. Then my friend who's in Bronze IV wanted to ranked, so wth.. we won most games, but of course it put me in Bronze because of that. Ever since then, anytime I play a ranked game, I'm constantly losing my games, and even in norms I'm now paired with bronze, silver players, and loss after loss after loss... when before It was almost all wins with higher elo players..... What gives? What am I doing wrong now? My own personal feelings on it is that the higher elo players knew how to capitalize on my gains I gave them. I'd win my lane, and gank other lanes, and we would win. Now its like.. no matter what I do its just a train wreck of losses regardless of how well I do.. I can't even seem to carry 1v9 games like I was against plat players... So really my question is.. what gives? What am I doing wrong? Why am I playing better, winning more often, and staying even so much better with gold + and higher, than I am with bronze?
I'm not trying to be rude, but take this as a reality check. You MOST LIKELY do not understand the game as well as you think you do. From looking at the last 10 ranked soloq games of yours on that account, i can deduce that there are some gaping holes in your game knowledge. The most notable things are: 1. Your average cs/min is very low. Cs is the only consistent source of income in the game and thus it should be your highest priority in a match to get as much cs as possible to get as much items as possible to be as strong as possible. You are consistently neglecting csing which means you do not understand the importance of it. 2. On those last 10 ranked soloq games of yours, your average standing was around 8th best player in the match. In other words, the 3rd worst player. Considering those games were also against high silver on average, it indicates that you are nowhere near platinum skill level or even gold at this point. On the games that you lost, your typical standing was around 10th to 9th best player in the match (so the worst or the second worst) and on the games that you won, you were around 7th to 5th best player in the match. So we can draw a conclusion that you weren't a carrying force in your games on average and you were most of the time one of the main reasons you lost. 3. Your build orders and item choices are questionable at times. >So really my question is.. what gives? What am I doing wrong? Why am I playing better, winning more often, and staying even so much better with gold + and higher, than I am with bronze? I really can't answer that without actually seeing you play or even see you play with and against higher elo players (games like that don't exist in your match history on that account). As i said before though, your games are around silver elo, not bronze even though your rank is bronze. This is also why you shouldn't look at people's ranks too much because that might not be their actual rank (MMR). Someone can have a platinum rank but if they have a gold MMR, they are a gold player, not a platinum player. Ranks can be deceiving. >When I first started playing on this account, I was constantly getting into games with Gold, plat, and diamond players. (I use the Overwolf thing, which shows peoples elo's, and ranks,e tc.). I was successfully playing, winning my lanes, even getting ahead in most games. yea some games were off, but most games I actually did very well. I was always even, or equal in cs. I was trading well, and unless the person was really high elo I'd at least be able to go even in lane. When I pushed advantages and ganked other lanes I was able to win pretty steadily.. This was norms of course.. I would first and foremost need to see a game like that to be able to comment properly. However, you should never use normal games as a basis for analyzing your own skill level. High elo players do not play to their potential in normals and most of the time they are just trying something new and pulling risky plays that they would avoid in ranked. Limit testing so to speak and it can make them look worse than they are. >What gives? What am I doing wrong now? My own personal feelings on it is that the higher elo players knew how to capitalize on my gains I gave them. I'd win my lane, and gank other lanes, and we would win. Now its like.. no matter what I do its just a train wreck of losses regardless of how well I do.. I can't even seem to carry 1v9 games like I was against plat players... Referring to an earlier part of this comment, you were among the worst performers in your ranked games, in both wins and losses. That means you aren't being held back by players around you not knowing how to use a lead you gave them. You also lost your lanes very consistently and convincingly so it's not a valid excuse that you gave your allies a lead when that is evidently not the case. In the end, i would have to see you play to properly analyze your gameplay but so far, it just seems like you have misjudged your level of game knowledge. Again, i'm not saying any of these things to be rude. I'm simply analyzing the information i was given from an objective standpoint due to you asking a question that required me to do so to answer it. I hope that helped, have a good day.
: Same here we are stucked now for about 20 min and don t know what to do.. guess it s happenign to everyone at this time
Appears to be an EUNE problem.
pwc2016 (NA)
: Why does Ekko get a free "revive" but Aatrox can't?
He is balanced. It took power from him because they thought it would be better than it actually is.
est 1999 (EUNE)
: Tips for a guy who just started to play Xerath
Xerath is an easy champion, far easier than any assassin in the game. Just push push push and while you are pushing, try to hit the enemy champion while pushing a wave (so hit both minions and the enemy champion). Don't expect to kill your lane opponent. Just get lane priority by pushing and a cs advantage. That prevents the enemy from roaming and you might roam with the priority yourself if an opportunity arises.
: Because his ult is the only thing that makes him good. If he had any other ult, he'd be a worthless champion. The problem with Ekko is that his W and E were buffed to absurd levels because he wasn't popular enough for Riot. ___________ Aatrox proved to be strong without the revive, still. He ended up less braindead, and significantly harder to use in pro play, but continued to be one of the most picked champions. You would have had a better argument with Anivia or Zac, btw.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lFJz0Ekn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-14T20:06:52.415+0000) > > Because his ult is the only thing that makes him good. > > If he had any other ult, he'd be a worthless champion. > > The problem with Ekko is that his W and E were buffed to absurd levels because he wasn't popular enough for Riot. > > ___________ > > Aatrox proved to be strong without the revive, still. He ended up less braindead, and significantly harder to use in pro play, but continued to be one of the most picked champions. > > You would have had a better argument with Anivia or Zac, btw. Anivia and zac have revives that you can stop and they don't drop turret aggro so there really isn't an argument there.
pwc2016 (NA)
: Why does Ekko get a free "revive" but Aatrox can't?
Removing it was a good thing for aatrox because he would die anyway most of the time after he revived. Removing it also allowed him to get more power in his kit. It's also a lot different from ekko's r. Ekko's r doesn't revive him. It restores some of the hp he lost very recently, it pretty much doesn't deal damage because of how it works (dealing damage is entirely based on an enemy making a mistake and stepping on the r clone) and it removes him from the fight after he uses it. And like you mentioned, he can be cc'd to prevent him from using it. He is squishy so one cc can (and pretty much will) mean that he dies instantly without being able to press his r. It's very different from aatrox who would cause a problematic situation for the enemy team. He uses his ult before the fight starts so you know he will already revive, he will force a fight so you are basically forced to hit him but he is much tankier than ekko and you know using your big abilities on him is a waste because he will just revive. He could start a fight and then buy time with his revive for his team to catch up. Ekko can't do that. He will maybe try to assassinate or poke someone but he will be forced to use his ult to get away (and he has to get away because he is so squishy) and it will result to nothing so no one died, he had to burn his ult and nothing was achieved. Ekko's ult is not even remotely as problematic as aatrox's revive was.
: I average a 5.5kda on my one trick over 400 games on my main with a 59% win rate. It is possible to be a safe player and still win/climb.
And you are still missing the point. Not to mention, if you bring up stats, you should provide a link to that account as that is obviously not the account you are currently on. Context for those stats matters a lot.
Eadbert (EUW)
: a button that shouldn't exist in a team game If you use mute in such cases, you get reported for not listening to their calls because they don't understand their toxic behaviour is completely useless and you were just muting them for infantile behaviour I've called out people on their behaviour, it doesn't matter if it's flaming or inting or w/e, but i've never been banned If people with chat filter see difference in their text when you were calling out someone, you weren't productive and could've just played instead of writing Either you do something that may change the other person (for example, encourage them) or you just type nothing as it's a literal waste of time
>a button that shouldn't exist in a team game In a team game where you don't choose your teammates it definitely should exist. I actually used to never mute anyone because i had this thought at the back of my head that they might say something useful or intelligent at some point so i shouldn't mute them. However, it all changed when Riot added the feature that lets people disable the team chat (so you can't type either). I have been using it ever since its release and i can't drop my honor level anymore so i can play clash whenever it's up. I had a bad tendency to write some slightly negative stuff on an impulse which means i couldn't stop myself from writing before i had already typed it and pressed enter. This feature stops me before i can even start. It's good for me and my teammates. You can communicate most things with pings anyway. >If you use mute in such cases, you get reported for not listening to their calls Doesn't matter at all. The report is not valid and will not result in any form of punishment. The game even lets you disable both all and team chat completely so it literally can't even be against the rules. >Either you do something that may change the other person (for example, encourage them) or you just type nothing as it's a literal waste of time And that is why you disable the chat. Someone who is flaming or trolling doesn't want to see any "encouraging" messages. They just tilt them even more.
Mattwiki (NA)
: OP, it sounds like you put yourself on a pedestal because you have friends in higher ranks. The sad truth is that it doesn't get any better in Diamond or higher; **_in fact, it's worse_**. Diamond 5 is more toxic than all of Plat combined, because of all the bruised ego's there that claim to be Masters or higher. Your friends are correct, unfortunately. Play a lot of games. If you are truly a Masters level player, you will get there fairly quickly (2-4 weeks at 2-4 hours a night). If you're struggling in Plat at 200+ games, then you are where you belong and will need to work to get out. It is widely accepted that 150 games is a good benchmark for your true ELO rank, and from there you need to work on self improvement to progress. **There is ALWAYS something you could have done better**. Watch your replays on games you win/lose without trolls. Look for mistakes that make you go "oh s**t, I see what I did there", and make a mental note of it. Mistakes can happen when you win just as much, and sometimes more, than when you lose! Improvement is a long road, and whether this boils down to mentality, mechanics, or general knowledge is something only you will know in terms of areas to improve on. If you see someone trolling in a game, just mute them and ping your intentions when transitioning to mid/late game so they can still see what you're doing. If they go afk, then shrug it off and move on. It is a game, and having fun should be your #1 priority above all else. It's not what you want to hear, but it's probably the best advice you will have if your aim is to climb out of Plat. It's a team game, and you are just as important as the guy trolling. If you let them tilt you off your mental game, then your contribution to a win condition trickles down to about as good as theirs. Good luck out there, you'll make it if you put in the time!
>Play a lot of games. If you are truly a Masters level player, you will get there fairly quickly (2-4 weeks at 2-4 hours a night). Rofl that's not even remotely enough games to call it "a lot". It's slightly over 100 games max with 4 hours a day for 4 weeks. 100 games is a drop in the ocean. It took me 700 games to reach master tier and i didn't improve at any point during the climb. So your skill might be on that level but it can still take A LOT of games to get there. Luck plays a huge part in how fast that happens. >If you're struggling in Plat at 200+ games, then you are where you belong and will need to work to get out. This isn't true either. You can be stuck for extended periods of time without having reached your limit.
: Imagine how bad games would be if everyone played safe. It would be so awful if your team didn't just barrel into the enemy like a freight train full of stupid . Can you imagine how terrible the games would be if your adc with a 1k gold bounty chose to not take an unnecessary risk? Or your 0/2 top laner decided to just play safer and not fight a losing duel for the 100th time? Man what a hell.
I feel like you missed his point. How would that adc have a 1k bounty if the enemy team is playing super safe? The answer is he probably wouldn't. No one would try to make the right plays just because the right play will most likely result in their death. Invades wouldn't be a thing anymore, fights at the river wouldn't be a thing, fights at baron wouldn't be a thing. Everyone would just pick wave clear champions and get a "good performance" by just farming a lot and not dying. The problem is that a machine can't judge anyone's personal performance accurately enough to be viable. The idea is good but the execution is impossible.
Wolity (EUW)
: What about rat irl or doinB and their 98% win rate to challenger? (With fresh acc)
Dunno about doinb but ratirl didn't play solo, he was duo abusing and even then it takes a lot of luck to get a win rate like that. It's not even remotely all skill.
Wen294 (EUW)
: Thing is, if i were in a game with you and that griever I would report you both. Just because you're technically correct in calling them a prick, doesn't mean i want to sit in a game where the chat is filled with flaming. Even if it's directed at someone else, who deserves it. It's not a 2 man team game, your flaming is making the game EVEN WORSE for the other 3 people in your team. (well unless they grieve/flame too)
: I need some clarification on New Players and Elo
5.5k damage at 50+ minutes is not a new player. It's a troll. A new player would at least hit back and they tend to look for fights all the time (even if it is a bad idea) so their damage numbers would be higher. Those numbers just show that the player was avoiding all contact that would make him deal damage with the enemy. He died 12 times as you said and if he hit back every time he died, he would have dealt much more damage. He could have even spammed his r on cd and dealt more damage over the course of the game.
: It's called elo hell for a reason. Even Fogged as the number 1 Tryndamere, a character literally made to win games on his own while ignoring the rest of the team and making the enemy deal with him on his terms, can't carry in iron-silver consistently.
Tryndamere is too one dimensional to be considered a good champion at carrying games. It really doesn't matter how good the player playing him is after a certain point. He is only good at split pushing and nothing else. It would be much better to pick a champion that can split push and be useful in teamfights. In low elo, champions that can team fight extremely well like vladimir are much better options because low elo players don't know how to play when they have a split pusher in the team and they just try to force fights even when they are behind so you should be there to stop them from losing fights.
: Cancel Rift "Rivals" for NA vs EU....... or
I would actually like it to be 3 bottom teams from both regions playing against each other. It's something we really never see normally and it would help see how strong the region actually is and not just the top 3. I would even be interested in watching it. They would probably put in more effort than the top teams.
: i adopt it Will com Back Since it has been failier everytime Riot decide to do clash, always full of bugs Because riot refuse to update there client
> [{quoted}](name=Hi Its Scirocco,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ljfwv3T4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-11T09:29:32.242+0000) > > i adopt it Will com Back Since it has been failier everytime Riot decide to do clash, always full of bugs Because riot refuse to update there client As far as we know, there were problems only on saturday this time and there were no problems on the regional tests before this global test. So your argument that it always fails is proven wrong at this point. Not to mention you have to be stupid to think it has anything to do with the client. It's the servers that get overloaded.
forist (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=000200000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-09T21:12:53.599+0000) > > Except it is a lie (or more of a misunderstanding). Him congratulating you doesn't mean a thing. He obviously didn't even check your actual progress but took your word for it. You got from honor level 0 - 0 checkpoints to honor level 1 in 5 days and yet it took you a month (about 2 weeks or 14 days per checkpoint like in my experiment) to get two check points? Yeah no. This case literally screams you misunderstanding your honor level standing. I BET you thought you got out of honor level 0 in 5 days when in reality you were honor level 1 the whole time but got your honor progress unlocked in 5 days (which is completely normal) and mistook it for getting an honor level. The progress doesn't suddenly change from a whole level in 5 days to one checkpoint in 14 days. It literally doesn't happen. If anything, you should be getting progress even faster, not slower. This is why your story isn't even a least bit believable. You seem pretty well learned on the honor system. I'll link you one of my old threads from back when it was first established and i ofc got banned. :( : https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/GYIzZ6Gs-finally-honor-lvl-2-after-a-14-day-ban-here-are-my-thoughts-on-honor-progression I know its two years old, but my thoughts on honor progression are still pretty similar even now that my honor has been back at 5 for a whole year. My own experience was part of the reason I was pretty skeptical of the other dude's.
> [{quoted}](name=forist,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=0002000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-09T22:03:36.479+0000) > > You seem pretty well learned on the honor system. I'll link you one of my old threads from back when it was first established and i ofc got banned. :( > : https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/GYIzZ6Gs-finally-honor-lvl-2-after-a-14-day-ban-here-are-my-thoughts-on-honor-progression > > I know its two years old, but my thoughts on honor progression are still pretty similar even now that my honor has been back at 5 for a whole year. My own experience was part of the reason I was pretty skeptical of the other dude's. Well the system definitely has its flaws.
Xplosion101 (EUNE)
: Ah, you care more about us than Rito. But your login screen is a failure for one reason: WHERE IS THE CASHGRAB """EVENT""" ASSOCIATED WITH IT? Jokes aside, well done, looks neat! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
The cash grab is the Lux skin that comes with it.
Terozu (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2019-12-08T13:01:08.831+0000) > > I have done experiments with honor progression and 5 days to get a honor level is a straight up lie. 5 days to unlock honor progression maybe but a honor level? Nope, literally not possible as getting one checkpoint takes about 14 days on average. So it's still easy but it takes time because the amount of games you play doesn't matter either, nor your behavior unless you are toxic. You only have to play a certain amount of games to be qualified to get a checkpoint. > > https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/4NqMkfgW-my-experiment-from-honor-level-0-to-honor-level-2-is-finally-complete-here-are-the-results https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/2dLK3IWP-i-got-out-of-honor-0-in-5-days First post in discussion mode is Tantram congratulating me. So no it's not a lie.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=00020000000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-09T18:16:57.227+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/2dLK3IWP-i-got-out-of-honor-0-in-5-days > > First post in discussion mode is Tantram congratulating me. So no it's not a lie. Except it is a lie (or more of a misunderstanding). Him congratulating you doesn't mean a thing. He obviously didn't even check your actual progress but took your word for it. You got from honor level 0 - 0 checkpoints to honor level 1 in 5 days and yet it took you a month (about 2 weeks or 14 days per checkpoint like in my experiment) to get two check points? Yeah no. This case literally screams you misunderstanding your honor level standing. I BET you thought you got out of honor level 0 in 5 days when in reality you were honor level 1 the whole time but got your honor progress unlocked in 5 days (which is completely normal) and mistook it for getting an honor level. The progress doesn't suddenly change from a whole level in 5 days to one checkpoint in 14 days. It literally doesn't happen. If anything, you should be getting progress even faster, not slower. This is why your story isn't even a least bit believable.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cõmega,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sEHZBUbb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-09T03:24:39.226+0000) > > How are you going to complain about trolls. > When your season 9 champion summary look like this > https://i.imgur.com/bfxBYUh.png[] > > https://i.imgur.com/hHamtmk.png[] > https://i.imgur.com/d6qbnqn.png[] Honestly, theres nothing wrong with playing for fun when autofilled. Because if you play serious when you are, your going to go bald pretty fast.
> [{quoted}](name=LightswornLance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sEHZBUbb,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-12-09T03:47:07.617+0000) > > Honestly, theres nothing wrong with playing for fun when autofilled. Because if you play serious when you are, your going to go bald pretty fast. And that about sums it up why NA is so trash these days. People accepting such behavior...
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BptwW6aJ,comment-id=0000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T12:49:06.821+0000) > > Which literally means it's not a good idea. There are a lot of people out there that think every possible mode should exist, even if they aren't going to play any of them, but they do not understand what that would mean. They do not understand the concept of queue health and the fact that unpopular modes are not worth the upkeep. Not to mention the amount of work needed to keep those modes balanced and playable, free of bugs etc. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UPVOTES. We are talking about why this post has UIPVOTES. NOT WHY/IF it's a good idea. Your entire response chain is off topic to my original answer
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BptwW6aJ,comment-id=00000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T13:18:12.587+0000) > > THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UPVOTES. We are talking about why this post has UIPVOTES. NOT WHY/IF it's a good idea. Your entire response chain is off topic to my original answer IT LITERALLY HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT. >There are a lot of people out there that think every possible mode should exist, even if they aren't going to play any of them This is what i said and that obviously explains the upvotes. Read the damn comment...
Terozu (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheLoneColt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-07T21:45:12.448+0000) > > No, no it isnt. Ive played over 500 games without saying 1 word, no honor upgrade or checkpoint. took me 5 days
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T22:00:24.018+0000) > > took me 5 days I have done experiments with honor progression and 5 days to get a honor level is a straight up lie. 5 days to unlock honor progression maybe but a honor level? Nope, literally not possible as getting one checkpoint takes about 14 days on average. So it's still easy but it takes time because the amount of games you play doesn't matter either, nor your behavior unless you are toxic. You only have to play a certain amount of games to be qualified to get a checkpoint. https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/4NqMkfgW-my-experiment-from-honor-level-0-to-honor-level-2-is-finally-complete-here-are-the-results
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BptwW6aJ,comment-id=00000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T00:38:20.154+0000) > > They aren't as different things as you think. For a mode to exist, it needs to have people that want to play it. Just wanting it to exist but not play it is not a reason to add it. And no one who doesn't want to play it wants it to exist. They might not care if the mode exists or not, but they don't actually WANT it to exist because they don't want to play it. But that's not what we were talking about. We were talking about the reason this post got so many upvotes. And I am saying people could think that it is a good idea to have an 1v1 map, even if they intended to play the mode only 5-10 times. I bet many people didn't even get to experience the old 1v1 map, so how do they know they like to play the mode? They just like the idea of having the option. Hence upvotes
>And I am saying people could think that it is a good idea to have an 1v1 map, even if they intended to play the mode only 5-10 times. Which literally means it's not a good idea. There are a lot of people out there that think every possible mode should exist, even if they aren't going to play any of them, but they do not understand what that would mean. They do not understand the concept of queue health and the fact that unpopular modes are not worth the upkeep. Not to mention the amount of work needed to keep those modes balanced and playable, free of bugs etc.
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BptwW6aJ,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2019-12-06T12:32:51.246+0000) > > And yet we know it isn't. It did exist at one point but no one played it so Riot hasn't brought it back since. Wanting a mode to exist and actually playing it is 2 different things. I played the 1v1 mode like 5-10 times tops. But still I would like it to exist again.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BptwW6aJ,comment-id=0000000200000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T13:04:18.827+0000) > > Wanting a mode to exist and actually playing it is 2 different things. I played the 1v1 mode like 5-10 times tops. But still I would like it to exist again. They aren't as different things as you think. For a mode to exist, it needs to have people that want to play it. Just wanting it to exist but not play it is not a reason to add it. And no one who doesn't want to play it wants it to exist. They might not care if the mode exists or not, but they don't actually WANT it to exist because they don't want to play it.
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kairoptra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BptwW6aJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-06T01:50:47.959+0000) > > 29 upvotes in 29 minutes... > > Hm... It's obviously an idea many people agree with. I mean there are 115 people that voted yes
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BptwW6aJ,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-12-06T09:24:31.210+0000) > > It's obviously an idea many people agree with. I mean there are 115 people that voted yes And yet we know it isn't. It did exist at one point but no one played it so Riot hasn't brought it back since.
: Juggernauts are "powerful, durable, immobile and melee" which is why Aatrox has dashes and Swain is ranged. Riot can't even follow their own design philosophy.
The dashes he has are very short and not enough to call him mobile. They are there to reposition his q's more than anything else. Swain is a battle mage like vladimir, not a juggernaut. If you want an example of a ranged juggernaut, use urgot. He still fits the juggernaut definitions pretty damn well despite being ranged. He shares the same general weaknesses and strengths with other juggernauts.
: You won't change his mind. Hes actually deadset on being stubborn and not seeing reason and responding like a broken record.
INVALID points aren't going to change anyone's mind... He is right to stick to his original opinion since no one has given a valid counter point yet (because there is none).
Skýcrow (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=pcInTYKw,comment-id=0009000c0000,timestamp=2019-12-05T05:06:04.712+0000) > > Getting really tired of this repetitive and invalid "point." You don't have to be ranked to know the difference between griefing and not griefing. **Focus on the information at hand, not who it's coming from.** Last time I'm responding on this thread since people are choosing to focus on my rank (or lack thereof) rather than the objective information. It's just sad. > > > Wasn't "calling out" OP's rank with malicious intent, the reason I brought it up was relevant to the discussion because this is a **skilled player** on _their main_ who is underperforming, almost intentionally so. It would have been incredibly different if I had said something along the lines of "You're plat and you played this badly? God dude, how much did you buy that account for?" They're more than likely objectively better than me in every conceivable way. > > Also, just as an aside, my "43% winrate Shen" is from a grand total of 7 games, 5 of which were me screwing around with Hail of Blades, 1 was from me trying out the new Conqueror, the other was a regular game (where I performed incredibly well because I wasn't trying out some stupid gimmick.) Don't worry you don't have to be high Elo to see if someone intentionally feeds like other guys here try to claim, but since they all care about rank let me just say this "i peaked above master tier in season 9 at euw" and yeah i'm totally on ur side, this is 100% trolling It's not normal to go botlane as a jungler and stay on the lane 20seconds dancing around. OP claims he tried his hardest, so why is he wasting 20seconds time on botlane doing nothing. The trying to bait naut hook that some people claim here doesn't even make sense because if nauts hook misses nothing is going to happen anyways. Naut won't die just because he misses the hook lel.
Yeah, staying that long at bot lane and stealing xp and gold from laners is already trolling in itself. Not to mention mid and top know there is no jungle pressure at that moment. Also the "bait" doesn't work because his allies weren't in a position to help to begin with so it isn't a bait, it's trolling.
Ph03n1xb1rd (EUNE)
: 1. When he Qed, was an absolute trash play, i guess he thought he can get a kill on Kata. Considering the Jhin W was already aimed at her. Trading himself for Kata would have been a great move. 2. He tried to poke Naut, dodged the Q, just to get ulted. I mean yeah, he could have been stayed back, but there was no way to get away from that ult. They would have died below tower either. (Not saying it was a good move, but want obvious inting either.) 3. The jungle death was bad, but maybe he did not have vision on MF, i didnt check the replay, just your stuff. 4. The dancing taunt was absolutely great 2v3 bait. (Which turned out to be bad, but i do the same as Vlad in a lot of games. Did he use his ult? Like ever? Or was his ult up in any of these cases?
>When he Qed, was an absolute trash play, i guess he thought he can get a kill on Kata. Considering the Jhin W was already aimed at her. Trading himself for Kata would have been a great move. There was absolutely no way for him to kill kata with the items he has and looking at the situation. No chance at all. It was int. >He tried to poke Naut, dodged the Q, just to get ulted. I mean yeah, he could have been stayed back, but there was no way to get away from that ult. They would have died below tower either. (Not saying it was a good move, but want obvious inting either.) Yeah this one probably wasn't intentional but it's chronologically the first clip so it could have all started from there. >The jungle death was bad, but maybe he did not have vision on MF, i didnt check the replay, just your stuff. This one was 100% int. Naut and MF had just cleared bot wave and then walked into the jungle. He also just ran into overfed nautilus who could 1v1 him and didn't even attempt to use q to run away but jumped towards mf. >The dancing taunt was absolutely great 2v3 bait. (Which turned out to be bad, but i do the same as Vlad in a lot of games. What great bait? There was absolutely nothing great about it. Firstly, he was stealing xp and gold from his bot laners for no reason, burned his own flash because of getting caught while dancing and allies not being in a position to help (thus a terrible bait but it wasn't even a bait, it was just pure trolling) and after he got away, he went back in and died. There is no way that was anything else but trolling. Vlad can bait because he has pool to avoid damage and abilities but this is completely different and the situation was terrible for baiting overall. He wasn't baiting, he was soft inting.
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wszGG6Ej,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-12-05T00:38:33.684+0000) > > This comment is flawed on multiple levels. The toxicity comes purely from competition and reliance on other people. That's where the toxicity comes from, not from what you suggested. There are other games with toxic fan bases but why is the fan base of this game crowned as the most toxic community? Riot seems more concerned with making Esports money than fixing foundational flaws with the new player experience, smurfing, bot accounts, the reporting system, balance, server maintenance, client functionality and many many more things that exasperate toxic feelings within the community.
> [{quoted}](name=TouchpadExpert,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wszGG6Ej,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2019-12-05T08:07:12.024+0000) > > There are other games with toxic fan bases but why is the fan base of this game crowned as the most toxic community? Riot seems more concerned with making Esports money than fixing foundational flaws with the new player experience, smurfing, bot accounts, the reporting system, balance, server maintenance, client functionality and many many more things that exasperate toxic feelings within the community. It isn't "crowned" that but it can be that because it is literally the most competitive game in existence right now and players are more reliant on their teammates in it than in many other competitive team games. As an example, you are reliant on your teammates in CS:GO but you can also have those 1v5 clutch moments that simply don't exist in league. >fixing foundational flaws with the new player experience, smurfing, bot accounts, the reporting system, balance, server maintenance, client functionality and many many more things that exasperate toxic feelings within the community. None of those are making players toxic.
: League of Legends is a broken game
>The community is toxic because Riot has put forward a game that is flawed on multiple levels. This comment is flawed on multiple levels. The toxicity comes purely from competition and reliance on other people. That's where the toxicity comes from, not from what you suggested.
Arammus (EUW)
: riot literally got everything backwards we want less damage. here have more. we want less rng. here have even more rng on dragons we want more gamemodes. here lets us take away rotating gamemodes and give you urf one-two times a year. we want a stable client. here have prestige skins
>we want less damage. here have more. They reduced it actually. >we want less rng. here have even more rng on dragons They actually reduced the dragon rng. Previously all the dragons were rng until elder at 35 mins. Now only the first 3 are rng and the first 3 dragons are all unique elements. Sure the map transforms but that's not really any bigger than previous rng.
: This should be fine, no laner will buy it since it's impossible to stack without an ally around.
It's funny because when that "an ally must be near" -thing was first added to the previous versions of the support items, people were complaining. I know it wasn't a bad implementation back then but it's funny to think people want it back now. I guess it wasn't that bad then lol.
Dave128 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NwKXVd6e,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-12-04T13:58:44.687+0000) > > Because people can swap roles but the game doesn't know it. They would have to implement role swap mechanics to champion select for that. Fair enough. I didn't think about that. Perhaps like smite implement a summoner spell that "allows" you to take the support items. > 20 cs in 5 mins is A LOT and you will not hit that mark during laning phase as a support. You just don't. The adc has to be inting for that to be possible and the game is already over at that point anyway. But if we are looking this from fairness and balance perspective, we can't expect anyone to int so it shouldn't be taken into consideration. It has happened to me twice already. Once in a game that was won. Also relic procs count toward the CS/5 so if you are using that at almost peak efficiency you are at 6 CS/5 just from using your support item the way it is intended. Take my stacked wave example and as long as you can last hit about every minion in a double stacked wave you are easily pushing up near 20. Like yeah I agree you can't really "balance" for that but it still feels really bad when it does happen and you are already disadvantaged by a subpar bot laner. EDIT: Also yeah laning phase is rarely a problem for anti-poaching. It more manifests in the mid - late game but that had already been covered in depth by other posters. I just wanted to share that its not ONLY a problem with mid-late game.
Well the problem you are describing could be solved by not counting the cs taken with relic shield or similar items into the 20 cs/5. I haven't had any games yet where support would hit 20cs/5 mins.
Dave128 (NA)
: If they want to enforce this meta so hard then why not make the item only purchasable by the player in the support role? Seems like that would fix most of the issues. That being said, there are a number of situations where a support would need to CS early game as well. Lets say your ADC over steps and dies with a stacked wave pushing in. Why is the support punished for trying to CS those waves that would otherwise just crash into tower? If they die again and you are in the same situation you are punished for buying the support item and needing to CS. As others have said (and resonates particularly with support mains) is that you can't control your team and sometimes you just gotta CS. Whether it's swapping lanes for a DC'd player, a terrible bot laner that leaves you no choice but to CS under tower, or just defending the base late game. I don't think that support role is trash or anything with new items and systems, it just feels really bad when you are **punished** for CSing waves when it is **necessary** as a support player.
>why not make the item only purchasable by the player in the support role? Because people can swap roles but the game doesn't know it. They would have to implement role swap mechanics to champion select for that. >Lets say your ADC over steps and dies with a stacked wave pushing in. Why is the support punished for trying to CS those waves that would otherwise just crash into tower? If they die again and you are in the same situation you are punished for buying the support item and needing to CS. 20 cs in 5 mins is A LOT and you will not hit that mark during laning phase as a support. You just don't. The adc has to be inting for that to be possible and the game is already over at that point anyway. But if we are looking this from fairness and balance perspective, we can't expect anyone to int so it shouldn't be taken into consideration.
: Increase the cs gold reduction while the items being completed, remove it when its finished is how I see it. I used to main support but I've completely given up support after the item change. Its just not enjoyable or worth it anymore. I feel like a ward bot with zero impact on the game. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
>Increase the cs gold reduction while the items being completed, remove it when its finished is how I see it. That will never happen. That's because this is to prevent solo lanes from taking the support item. The whole cs restriction is there for that purpose so you can't remove it when it completes, otherwise solo laners start building them. >I used to main support but I've completely given up support after the item change. Its just not enjoyable or worth it anymore. I feel like a ward bot with zero impact on the game. And that means you don't understand the game. Supports literally don't need gold to do their jobs. They don't. They have all the tools in their kits to be effective all game.
: Let them bitch. I doubt most of them know that they should be roaming instead of sitting with the adc 24/7 with how often someone says “babysit adc.” So trying to explain anything is pointless.
Well this change actually brought a side effect of support mains spamming on boards which proves that support mains generally speaking are absolutely clueless about the actual game. Good that we now got to clearly prove it. They don't understand that while it was a nerf, it was a deserved one.
: > [{quoted}](name=Aionoia,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NwKXVd6e,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-12-03T13:42:34.150+0000) > > Your job as a support is not to catch waves and farm. Your job is to help your team and protect the carries. Play a mid or top lane mage if you want to be a damage carry. I'm so sick of entitled support mains thinking they should be ridiculously overpowered at every stage of the game because "qq muh role sucks." Support already completely controls bot laning phase and has more agency in the mid game than most other roles. The item change "nerf" was way overdue. youre living in s2 i see.
Rioter Comments
: Think he's talking about how support items are now, on average before if a support was efficient they could have wards by 9ish minutes now it takes almost until 15ish because of how diminutive the gold gain on the first support item is only for it to just turn into a regular old sightstone later on. Which in a way was just him commenting on the added affect the new support items including what you said.
> on average before if a support was efficient they could have wards by 9ish minutes now it takes almost until 15ish because of how diminutive the gold gain on the first support item is only for it to just turn into a regular old sightstone later on. This isn't true though. The new support item gives wards around the same time as the old one. It starts with higher gold generation than the old one but the old one got the upgrade faster so they even each out pretty well. The other difference is that you don't have to use gold to upgrade the gold item anymore and recall because of it. You immediately get a stat boost. The difference when you complete the item quest is 1-2 mins max, which is not impactful.
: > [{quoted}](name=ChrisBrownze,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=RNxiz717,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T05:29:18.244+0000) > > I would agree with you but this isnt silver elo gameplay, its diamond, Kayle is very aware that pushing 2nd bot tower alone while your team is in base is going to get you collapsed on and killed, she just doesnt care. Not caring is not punished either. You have to straight up int to get banned.
Not caring is against the rules but you are right, it isn't punished and inting isn't either. Inters get banned very rarely.
: It's a dumpster option though, for the snowflakes. Riot's not all on the side of the snowflakes.
There aren't any pointless report options anymore in the game like there were previously. All of them are valid now. Negativity has always been punishable.
PzyXo (EUW)
: Honestly, Aphelios is not hard to play as I thought
He isn't as overloaded as people think, that's what i have been saying to people since his kit was announced. And yeah, he is an adc so he can never be one of the hardest champions in the game due to the fundamental fact that he deals damage mainly with his basic attacks. Overloaded kit would mean a champion has many different tools in his kit to deal with different situations. Aphelios doesn't have that. His kit doesn't have many different tools and he can't even use all of those tools at will because he is limited by his equipped weapons that he can't choose. He is not like old azir that had every tool in his kit available to hi mat all times, giving him multiple approaches to each situation. Aphelios only has one approach at a time and that approach depends on the weapons he has. Many weapons have the same approach though simply because he is an adc. But we know the people who cried about his kit are just people that are intimidated by a wall of text and they didn't actually think about his kit. He doesn't even have dashes or blinks or stealths or untargetabilities. He is even easier to kill than jinx (jinx has longer range, possible ms boost from passive and e traps to help her survive, all better than what Aphelios has)
: "conversation progress further" Me: The sky is blue, or sometimes grey with clouds. There are cars and animals and people outside. The grass is green, and/or the snow is white. Cars often have wheels. You: *replies to each of these statements with how wrong I am and how they are all irrelevant* "PROGRESSION".............................. Bro, apparently my eyes, ears, and brain don't work. Everything I thought I saw my entire life wasn't what I thought it was. Apparently my opinions are a pile of shit no matter what they are. If I say adc is a more op than jg, i'm wrong. If I say jg is a more OP role than adc, i'm wrong. If I say they are perfectly balanced, hell you'll find some way to still say i'm wrong. So apparently my senses have been a figment of my imagination my entire life and I should just kill myself because I am simply immune to being right. You're not trying to debate or even argue. You're trying to dominate people through "conversation". I took my share of psychology classes and I could probably teach you a thing or 2 about your issues. You use little phrases like "because I respect you" to try to keep them talking to you so you can continue your sad attempt at dominating them. This is often caused by a lack of fulfillment in your life. You probably lost a lot of friends or a girlfriend, or family members stopped paying attention to you. This is the most likely reason for behaving this way. I don't know you so I could be wrong, just saying the odds favor this explanation. I'm sure a lot of people make assumptions about you even though they don't know you. It's because you are very heavily displaying your faults through HUGE character flaws. I'm sorry for whatever happened to you, but you can't get your life back sitting in forums trying to dominate people by thinking you're right and they are wrong about every single word you or they say. I wish I could help you, but I don't have the time to commit and probably lack the skill as well. So I will leave you with this: You're right. I was wrong about everything and you're right about everything. You're so smart! Unusually smart really. Just try harder to communicate without insulting...you don't have to disagree with everything everyone says. It's okay to let a few things through that wall you hide behind.. Maybe some day you will find that you were mistaken about something. Maybe there is still more to learn, even though you already know so much. Hell, maybe just let someone be right even if you are positive they are wrong. It will just make you a more likable person. Go outside. Talk to a girl/woman (idk your age), live a little. I was like you for about a year of my life and it's not a good way to live. Just ignore this all if i'm wrong, but if i'm right even just a little, I hope some part of it helps you.
You are clearly unwilling to look outside of your bubble. As you would say, "you are not worth my time".
: What happened to support items?
Read the patch notes, it helps.
KABLUMP (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=whEukHhx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-30T20:21:31.802+0000) > > No? When clash crash it's time to have urf smash bash
Well the last clash test didn't crash.
: No, by "tear right into it" I'm saying like it's too easy. Way too easy. You don't even make sense. You say things are irrelevant but they are totally relevant. You lack the intellect to even know what is relevant..clearly. Examples: When comparing the game now, vs 6 years ago, playing then and now IS RELEVANT. Only skill that matters? Okay lets say you're extremely skilled and i'm awful, but you just started a year ago. How the fuck is that relevant in discussing how the game was years ago vs how it is now IF YOU LITERALLY WEREN'T PLAYING IT BACK THEN (hypothetically). ^This tells me already there's something very wrong with your mind and/or logic. My 10 year old nephew started recently and he's pretty damn good for only playing like a month. So if he gets better than me, will his opinion be more "relevant" in discussing jungling or any other roles years ago and how they changed over the years? You think you're smart but you're not. You think you win just by saying shit you can apply to anything. You can say anything is irrelevant...that doesn't make it true as I have just explained. You continue to connect skill with knowledge. If I never got good, that makes me wrong? No...not at all. Shall I use the 10 year old nephew example again? Great mechanics, doesn't make him right about jack shit. You have the typical league of legends mindset: "hey guys sorry this is my first time playing miss fortune" *asks support to ward more* "stfu first time mf trash". The reason people barely talk in chat in ranked half the time is because everyone just uses everything they say against them later as leverage. A very immature trait. Several junglers have an extremely hard time even clearing once without buffs. If someone gets your blue on Hecarim, Nocturne, or countless other jg champs you're screwed..OOM after 1 camp, maybe 2. This is 1 of literally over 100 examples but is it really worth my time to type more things for your dumb ass to disagree with? I'm not a pro league player so I don't have time to sit here and argue with someone who disagrees with every word I type. If you made any sense in your response I might attempt it, but I have far more important things to do with my time. Most of what I said was dead obvious, so it takes a pretty special lack of intellect to argue with 100% of what I said. I'm not trying to be mean, you're just literally not worth my time because my profession makes my time valuable... you know "time is money" and all that. It's too valuable to really even be playing this game anymore TBH, but it's basically to cut down on stress from what I do. So when I say you're not worth my time, try not to disagree or get all butt-hurt, i'm saying you literally aren't as there is no profit in this. I have already lost money by typing this much, but it triggers me a bit when people can't admit when they are wrong or someone else is right, even about just 1 little part of their comment. Any child can make up their own rules of logic and disagree with everything they hear. I bet you think you're the smartest person on the planet, because people don't want to argue with you. They are just being mature and anyone with half a brain knows it's a lost cause as I knew very quickly. It takes maturity and discipline to admit when you're wrong. I was wrong about something, but it's pointless to admit it to someone like you because you will just use it as leverage later in conversation. That's what people like you do. That's what a lot of League players do as I mentioned before with the miss fortune example.
>No, by "tear right into it" I'm saying like it's too easy. Way too easy. You don't even make sense. You say things are irrelevant but they are totally relevant. You lack the intellect to even know what is relevant..clearly. And there goes my respect. You are 100% delusional. >When comparing the game now, vs 6 years ago, playing then and now IS RELEVANT. Only skill that matters? Okay lets say you're extremely skilled and i'm awful, but you just started a year ago. How the fuck is that relevant in discussing how the game was years ago vs how it is now IF YOU LITERALLY WEREN'T PLAYING IT BACK THEN (hypothetically). Because it doesn't matter if you were playing back then if you didn't understand what you were doing or what was optimal etc. You can have an opinion but it doesn't have any weight because it's misguided by lack of game knowledge during those times. We constantly have people on the boards saying how they should bring back season 2 or 3 and yet those seasons weren't better than what we have now but they don't understand that because they didn't know what the fuck they were doing back then. They can say that it felt better from their experience but that doesn't mean they are right. >^This tells me already there's something very wrong with your mind and/or logic. I'd say the fault is in your "logic". >My 10 year old nephew started recently and he's pretty damn good for only playing like a month. So if he gets better than me, will his opinion be more "relevant" in discussing jungling or any other roles years ago and how they changed over the years? No, equally irrelevant with you. In fact, if he is given information about all the stats and how jungle worked back then etc, he would actually be better suited for the discussion than you. Sure he doesn't know what actually happened that season but he could give more valid opinions on what could have been optimal back then than you, simply because he has a better fundamental understanding about the game than you. >You think you're smart but you're not. I don't think i'm smart, i know i'm smart. Nothing you say will change that fact. Everyone around me in irl knows i'm smart and treats me as a smart person. I also have a high IQ according to an official IQ test. I don't give a damn what some random internet keyboard warrior thinks about my intelligence. People from NA generally speaking aren't very smart. >You continue to connect skill with knowledge. Because they are related. >If I never got good, that makes me wrong? No...not at all. It doesn't automatically make you wrong, it just means you are most likely wrong if you start an argument with a player who is better than you. >Shall I use the 10 year old nephew example again? Great mechanics, doesn't make him right about jack shit. Mechanics alone aren't enough to climb and mechanics aren't the only thing related to the term "skill". >You have the typical league of legends mindset: "hey guys sorry this is my first time playing miss fortune" asks support to ward more "stfu first time mf trash". The reason people barely talk in chat in ranked half the time is because everyone just uses everything they say against them later as leverage. A very immature trait. That comment literally makes no sense, not to mention it's very immature. As a side note, definitely not my mindset. Looks a lot like you. >Several junglers have an extremely hard time even clearing once without buffs. If someone gets your blue on Hecarim, Nocturne, or countless other jg champs you're screwed..OOM after 1 camp, maybe 2. This is 1 of literally over 100 examples but is it really worth my time to type more things for your dumb ass to disagree with? It could be worth your time if you actually took the time to reflect and improve when someone much better than you gives you some facts. But just like every other player in NA, including the pros, you just don't want to improve. Stay ignorant and delusional, it's not my problem. >I'm not a pro league player so I don't have time to sit here and argue with someone who disagrees with every word I type. Then you shouldn't bother to comment at all if you can't handle that someone is correcting you. >If you made any sense in your response I might attempt it I made perfect sense. It's not my fault if you aren't capable of using logic. >but I have far more important things to do with my time. I bet you do. >Most of what I said was dead obvious, so it takes a pretty special lack of intellect to argue with 100% of what I said. Ah the typical defense mechanism. We both know that line of yours is highly illogical. "If you disagree with me you are stupid". What a highly intelligent comment that was. Especially since we both know you are wrong but are too insecure to admit it. You even bring up your "profession" and say how valuable your time is because you could make so much money etc etc. That's a definition of insecurity right there. You wrote all this and you still didn't give me one single proper argument related to the actual topic. It's not that you didn't have the time or will to do it because you wrote this long comment, it's because you subconsciously knew you couldn't do it. You knew you would be proven wrong and you can't handle it. >I bet you think you're the smartest person on the planet, because people don't want to argue with you. No, i don't think i'm the smartest person on the planet and my intelligence is confirmed through other means than what you suggested. >They are just being mature and anyone with half a brain knows it's a lost cause as I knew very quickly. Immature* and yes, they tend to realize thy can't win an argument and just like you, most people are reluctant to admit when they are wrong so they avoid the point just like you did and then they try to do personal attacks, just like you did and use the most common defense mechanisms, just like you did. You know, go out of topic, brag how successful you are outside of the game, "if you disagree with me you are stupid", avoid giving actual arguments, make baseless assumptions on how the person you are arguing with thinks or acts etc etc. >It takes maturity and discipline to admit when you're wrong. It does. >I was wrong about something, but it's pointless to admit it to someone like you because you will just use it as leverage later in conversation. Except i wouldn't. This is one of those baseless assumptions i mentioned above. Admitting it would have made the conversation progress further but for some reason it's just so incredibly hard for you. > That's what people like you do. Another assumption, you don't know me and nothing indicates towards this. It's just another attempt to make me look bad while you get to avoid the topic. >That's what a lot of League players do as I mentioned before with the miss fortune example. So you actually understand that this is exactly what YOU are doing?
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IdErbqB6,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-11-30T21:02:51.190+0000) > > Well it's irrelevant how it feels to you in this topic. As a laner, i can still clearly see how big of an impact the jungler has on the game. Junglers are very far from irrelevant. > > If it only was that simple. Warding and watching the map isn't enough to remove the enemy jungler's impact. An example case would be at the top lane, where you can see the enemy jungler but what are you going to do about it? You are still forced to back off from the minions and lose xp and gold, meaning the enemy jungler had an impact. Not to mention a lane like mid is impossible to ward alone and there are moments when you simply can't watch the map and the enemy can walk over a ward unnoticed and you can't make your teammates look the map for you. > > Enemy jungler can start the dragon while you have full vision of it happening but what good does that do when the enemy laners have priority and your jungler doing krugs? Jungler has so much impact on the game and many of those aspects go unnoticed by most people. > > There are always those extreme cases where no one needs you because they are all stomping hard anyway and there are those games where you can't do anything because your team is counter picked and gets stomped hard. Majority of the games are the kind that you can influence a lot. > > No need to ask any pros. U.GG shows that there is only one utility jungler in the top 10 junglers (nunu). Typical utility junglers, gragas and sejuani, are in the top 4 worst junglers atm. The next best utility jungler is zac at rank 12 and the third best is rammus at rank 24. Doesn't look like utility meta for junglers to me. You can also take the sup item mid and stack it, buy vision wards, and you have as many wards as the support. What's even better is that the item also gives you gold for poking (mid lane being poke heavy does wonders with it), and for 400g you have a jungling item worth of stats. Now you have 4 free wards + 1 red trinket each time you back, you can ward to your content and roam in security.
Theoretically you could take the support item but in practice you can't. It limits your gold income from minions and it's simply not worth taking for a mid laner. The gold item also loses it's "gold for poking" passive at some point so you aren't getting the amount of gold that you need as a mid laner.
: Eh I could tear right into this but something tells me you're one of those people who disagree even if I sat there and took screenshots/videos providing proof so i'm not going to bother. Just speaking from what I experienced after 6+ years of jungling. My skill hasn't changed as much as most people's due to my age, so my perspective is unique. I have watched both the jg role and all my main jg champs get nerfed all to hell. What I have to do to win a game now is MUCH different than what it used to be, while my adc and mid laner friends say it's much easier now. So you can disagree all you want, we have been at this a very long time and these aren't just slight changes we have noticed.
>Eh I could tear right into this but something tells me you're one of those people who disagree even if I sat there and took screenshots/videos providing proof so i'm not going to bother. Nah that's just an excuse that you use because you realize that there is a high chance that you are wrong but refuse to admit it publicly so you don't have the guts to even discuss it with me. But i would still disagree with you, not because of being stubborn or anything, but because i know that i'm right on this. Nothing you do can change my mind since my point of view is based on concrete facts, not on experience around low skill gameplay. >Just speaking from what I experienced after 6+ years of jungling. This is irrelevant. Skill is what matters, especially since jungle is not a mechanical role. If you have played it for 6 years but are still not good at it, it doesn't matter. Same applies to every role and everything really. >My skill hasn't changed as much as most people's due to my age, so my perspective is unique. So you are saying you never got good or...? Because if that's the case then why are you even trying to imply that you are right? >I have watched both the jg role and all my main jg champs get nerfed all to hell. Well jungle is not nerfed to hell and your mains getting nerfed is not relevant to the topic. >What I have to do to win a game now is MUCH different than what it used to be It actually isn't. At the core, you still do the exact same things as before to win a game as a jungler. >while my adc and mid laner friends say it's much easier now. I seriously doubt it. I don't know a single adc that doesn't whine about the adc still being the least impactful role in the game until late game. In reality, it hasn't gotten any easier for either of those roles. Adcs did get a small buff in a form of item changes but mid got nothing that would make the role easier to win with. If anything, this sounds like a fake anyway. I don't believe any of your friends said that to you and even if they did, they must not be very good or have good knowledge about the game. >So you can disagree all you want, we have been at this a very long time and these aren't just slight changes we have noticed. I will, thank you. No one said they were slight, but that doesn't mean they were bad because they definitely weren't. The changes to the jungle this preseason were absolutely fantastic. Even an ex pro IWD supports my point https://youtu.be/ppN65mg-nO4?t=1217 To add here, since it seems to matter to you, i have also been doing this for a long time, started playing in season 1, making it around 9-10 years for me and i know how to play all roles on a high level so i got a pretty good understanding about the game. I respect you, so i would appreciate if you could actually give me some arguments why you think about these things the way you do and maybe i could enlighten you. As a side note, any screenshots or vods aren't going to prove a point because they are from individual games and individual games don't matter. You could show me a vod of a game that was simply uncarriable but we know that the game in question is an outlier and doesn't represent the quality of an average game.
Show more

GonahtanuGepardi

Level 220 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion