HPLT (EUW)
: I wrote a self chat restriction script for league
Since it is a month now /push Just wanna make sure me/people don't get banned for using it.
: honor level 0... forever?
Honor level 0 to 2 isnt possible until the season finishes. It probably takes around 3-6 month depending on your behaviour to reach level 2 again. Your only way might be a server transfer (not that I recommend that), but can't tell you if the rewards are kept if you transfer back. I think it is easier to get a fresh account from 1-30 + placing it in gold than reaching the honor 2 milestone.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 24
When the fuck do you guys finally look into Urgot, Irelia, Akali and especially Evelyn. Those champions are dominating the solo queue for the entire past half year. The Irelia nerfs are laughable at best - Everyone is making fun of it. Urgot is a freaking powerhouse and with the new mastery he will be even stronger next patch. Akali is just like Zoe (which got unreasonable buffs last patch) extremly unfun to play against and people are begging for nerfs at least 3-4 patches long. And well Evelyn, especially in the lower Elos becomes very unfun to play against cause, especially squishy targets get 1shotted without her even needed to taunt them - she just runs at you in her perma stealth and 1shots you with e, q , ult over and over. The counterplay when those champions are just slightly ahead shrinks tremendously. I don't know your guys priorities but it is getting pretty annoying, seeing the patchnotes every 2 weeks and nothing is done against that, while everybody in low and high elo is complaining about this bullsh...
HPLT (EUW)
: I wrote a self chat restriction script for league
Hmm /push would like to know if there is maybe an update to this topic :)
Phoenixdust (EUNE)
: If you are familiar with C# you can just use my code to make a better version of this. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/F59hE5io-self-mute-option In theory it is possible to save the input between 2 enter presses, and you can inject backspaces in the input stream before the 2nd enter press happens (It would be ideal to directly delete it from the LoL memory, but that is against the rules, so injecting backspaces is the only viable solution here, i think O.o). So you could delete at least the zero tolerance words. I think using an AI to detect the toxicity in the messages might be too time consuming and would put a big delay on the button press. So i do not think that is a good idea. To make it delete the zero tolerance words is not a big deal.
> [{quoted}](name=Phoenixdust,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A0McBK1V,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-10-11T14:42:29.617+0000) > > If you are familiar with C# you can just use my code to make a better version of this. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/F59hE5io-self-mute-option > > In theory it is possible to save the input between 2 enter presses, and you can inject backspaces in the input stream before the 2nd enter press happens (It would be ideal to directly delete it from the LoL memory, but that is against the rules, so injecting backspaces is the only viable solution here, i think O.o). So you could delete at least the zero tolerance words. I think using an AI to detect the toxicity in the messages might be too time consuming and would put a big delay on the button press. So i do not think that is a good idea. > > To make it delete the zero tolerance words is not a big deal. Sounds super interesting but I think you overestimate my capabilities. I am not a programmer but a materials scientist and just code a bit for fun :p. Unfortunatly I am not familiar with C#, but hey maybe (in the future) I will look into it to realise what it does. Problems with writing a real program - Either I post the source code and most people don't know how to compile it or I create an .exe and it will never get approved because I could hide harmful code in it. I mean theoretically It should be possible to also detect the input between the two enter strokes with autohotkey by using regular expression and then store this data and compare it with a list of innappropriate words and phrases, but this list would be stored in plain text and people would find easy workarounds like removing single letters to be able to still post the message. I think it would rather be a feasibility study than anything else ^^.
: Can someone who is not linked to the project 100% say this without extensive testing first? I wouldn't have thought so. As I said, I am not implying this is a certain security breach or a non legitimate idea, but without the thorough testing first and OK by Riot (including the legality of its use), you'd be a bit of a fool to blindly trust any old third party software especially with hard earned account accomplishments. I for one think that measures to improve player behaviour even if it means saving a person from themselves is a great idea and fully support it so long as it goes through the right channels, and hopefully it does.
No one here has the script except me. If you get the data you will see it doesn't have the ending .exe but ".ahk" . You just right click on the data file and then select "edit" from the dropdown menu. This opens the editor with the source code. Then you can directly what it does line by line.
: It's a third party download that affects the game. Its already against the T+C of using the game client. In addition,why use something that would compromise the security of your account, I'm not saying this isn't a legit idea but a hacker is hardly going to say "hey, I've got this 3rd party script for you to use so I can access and steal your account", are they?
I will answer that: The tool provided here is not an encrypted executable. You have the source code. You see what it does. It is impossible to get hacked by it unless Autohotkey (a widely used tool) contains a trojan. Also while it does effect the game, it is not analysing any data of league itself. It just looks at the keyboard and mouse inputs you provide and if certain keys are pressed during the League of Legends window is active, the tool becomes active. In League itself basically only the Enter Key, the numpad Enterkey, and Alt+ Tab are analysed or triggers an event. All other keys stay untouched.
HPLT (EUW)
: I wrote a self chat restriction script for league
Quick update: I improved the the script thus it now detects if you actually typed something, Also fixed some bugs and loopholes, which you could have used to type indefinitely. I will await The Djinns and RIOT answer before making it publically available. If someone wants to try it on his own risk, he can contact me. I will dissociate myself however from any consequences this might have :-). Cheers
: How about a script that get every single of your inputs between two pressure on the enter key and then nicify the content using cloud based machine learning tools that can sort out if a message is toxic or not and make the message not toxic : Ex: User type : "wtf are you doing kayle ? put some wards in the jungle retard" Script reads it, algorithm reads it and change it to : "Be carefull summoners these woods are not safe ! Kayle, could you lighten our path in the darkness ?" User type : "report this troll feeding" Script : "Be cautious fellow summoner, I salute your courage, but they have some scary weapons, you wouldnt be a coward if you stayed out of range !"
> [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A0McBK1V,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-10T17:03:03.195+0000) > > How about a script that get every single of your inputs between two pressure on the enter key and then nicify the content using cloud based machine learning tools that can sort out if a message is toxic or not and make the message not toxic : > > Ex: > > User type : "wtf are you doing kayle ? put some wards in the jungle retard" > Script reads it, algorithm reads it and change it to : "Be carefull summoners these woods are not safe ! Kayle, could you lighten our path in the darkness ?" > > User type : "report this troll feeding" > Script : "Be cautious fellow summoner, I salute your courage, but they have some scary weapons, you wouldnt be a coward if you stayed out of range !" While this is feasible I hardly believe it is doable in a appropriate amount of time using Autohotkey. It uses a very akward language and you cannot implement libraries. It is very limit in its use cases. I am currently working on detecting if an input between to enter strokes was done, in order to prevent that empty messages will lead to consumption of available chat messages. Even that is given me headaches because I also have to consider tabbing in and out. It might be easier to have a list of inappropriate words, which prevent the message from going through. But than again, I don't want to get babysitted by the script. I don't think you will change your behaviour if a program just filters your innappropriate language - You need to have the will to reform.
LTUX3R V9 (EUW)
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/ghKQoeu8-how-to-unbind-your-enter-key-to-prevent-inadvertent-toxicity found the post btw. Nothing against u lol relax dude
I mentioned this thread at the beginning of my post. Even if you don't consider the "unbind enter key" method to be a script it still is. What the 2 lines of code basicly do, is to press enter after you hit return. It is a very simple script but it still is one. The question will not be, if the script I posted is legal but if it is safe to use Autohotkey in the background of league. People tend to be very cautious when it comes to 3rd party applications, so the best thing which can happen is actually getting a response on the legality.
HPLT (EUW)
: I wrote a self chat restriction script for league
Thank you for the fast response. I want to point out that I didn't create that script to compromise RIOT. As some of you may know, conversations can be become pretty nasty especially if the game is heading towards a loss. You might write something, what you would not do typically and regret afterwards. The whole purpose of the script is, that if you have just limited chat resources you might use them for the most important things and don't start a heated conversation with your own team or the enemy. If you look into the raw code, all it does is basically setting the enter key to sleep after a certain amount of presses. It is far from perfect as it doesnt detect if you actually typed in something, but it shouldn't destroy the actual purpose and I could add that in the future (if found to be legal by RIOT)
Rioter Comments
: Good stuff! Iif you can have it activate without the need to tab out, you've got an even bigger winner. Basically, anyone who wants to be affected by this shouldn't need to remember to manually enable it.
Unfortunately there is currently no workaround for that. The method I used is the most conveneint that is currently working I guess. I bound it to left click because it is probably the most clicked button outside of Windows. The script will start automatically: - if you press left click when the game switches from champ select to loading screen - if you are ingame and realised it is not working -> You tab out and press the left click - You browse on your desktop while loading screen (what most people do) I tried several stuff and it was quite tricky to load the script just in the first instance of tabbing out (otherwise you get a nasty loading symbol everytime you left click and the system will shortly hickup). Only unfortunate thing: Reddit doesn't seem to appreciate it. People are rather discussing the fact why RIOT is such a bad / good company and that it is pure selfcontrol to not interact with your teammates, instead of appreciating the fact that it might be helpful to some to control bad behaviour in borderline toxic situations.
: HOW TO: Unbind your enter key to prevent inadvertent toxicity
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/9mvoly/i_wrote_a_self_chat_restriction_script_for_league/ Here you go. I made it as easy as possible to load. In the loading screen you just have to tab out and use the left mouse button once - A tooltip that the script successfully loaded will appear at your mouse cursor. Cheers :) Ofc setting the available chat messages (and tooltip time) to 0 will have the same effect as the script above.
: HOW TO: Unbind your enter key to prevent inadvertent toxicity
I am currently working on a Chat restriction script, which shall reset once you get out of the game. If you can wait some time I will make it available. Compared to this method, it will also allow Input similar to the chat restriction implemented by Riot. You can define how many initial chats you wanna have available, how long the chat restriction will last and how many additional chat prompts you get after the chat restriction timer elapsed. I hate beeing completly cut off from the communication but often find myself arguing too hard - Thus I personally prefer to be permantly chat restricted. However Riot has no intention to implement that.
: Cool. Then adcs get to be the undisputed gods of late game and no class should even come close to their damage. If we have to have the absolute worst early game, and can’t do anything before 4 items and 30 minutes, we get rewarded for that. But I don’t think you’d really be ok with that game state.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jNTrTOus,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-23T14:17:18.083+0000) > > Cool. > > Then adcs get to be the undisputed gods of late game and no class should even come close to their damage. > > If we have to have the absolute worst early game, and can’t do anything before 4 items and 30 minutes, we get rewarded for that. > > But I don’t think you’d really be ok with that game state. No ofc not adc must still be 1shots for every kind of assassin anything else would be unfair. And tanks tanks must be able to cc them for a decent amount of time because otherwise we reach a point were adcs actually dont have to run away. But jokes asid the early game of adc isnt terrible what fucks them is the midgame were you feel like a minion. It is kind of pathetic i need 25-30 aa to kill a bruiser with ninja tabi. At the moment if you play adc it feels like you intentionally wanna hurt yourself. The sustain gut ripps your entire identity. You can't get lifesteal until the very last item. . Before all that shit happened you werent an aa mage but you could turn fight due smart sustain throughout the fights. Now it is just damage, damage, damage - if you don't have it you are worth nothing and you better hit hard (with your first aa with stormrazer, Rapidfire...).
Anìmê (NA)
: Tanks Need to be Tanks
killed my self because of I was a fool to think I can AA a rammus as an ADC (had hextrinker + lifesteal). Literally 100-0 myself in 5 seconds. Felt fucking good.
: There is a difference between zero tolerance and simple cursing (which fuck is)
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3Ee6Ng4E,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-20T15:44:10.828+0000) > > There is a difference between zero tolerance and simple cursing (which fuck is) And why should that be that way? As shown people can trap you into calling those 0-tolerance words because RIOT never actually states that this border exist. If they would notify during account creation that under no circumstances one should use specific slur I would be fine, but too many people were trapped by toxic / harassing players and afterwards banned. Especially if oyu are a non-native speaker the border between simple cursing and slur can be difficult to grasp sometimes.
: ? The system doesn't fucking care if you say fuck unless directed negatively at someone.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3Ee6Ng4E,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-08-19T00:15:29.503+0000) > > ? > > The system doesn't fucking care if you say fuck unless directed negatively at someone. well from my very own experience I can say the system gives a damn about direction. As long as a 0-tolerance word is repeated you get punished no matter what. Remembering the good old people held hostage in champ select thing: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/OeZ3ipZB-got-a-14-day-suspension-by-a-teammate-on-purpose They didn't learn from that.
: Fun fact, you don't really get banned for nothing, at least not behavioral wise. Riot also doesn't give two shits if someone decides to fucking cuss/curse unless it is negatively directed at someone. "Fuck that hurts." okay. "You are fucking brainless." not okay. Number of reports per single game don't matter. 1 report functions the same as 9. Debatable if they technically stole anything. Until someone actually decides to try taking it to court, they aren't. Know what else is exaggerated? How many people cry int feeder and troll when someone does something different or poorly. Until there is an official documentation either in court or out of court agreement, I'm not going to participate in the sexist thing kotaku wrote. Because lives get ruined when people lie about that and we are in an age were simply taking anothers word is risky.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3Ee6Ng4E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-18T16:48:26.901+0000) > > Fun fact, you don't really get banned for nothing, at least not behavioral wise. > > Riot also doesn't give two shits if someone decides to fucking cuss/curse unless it is negatively directed at someone. > "Fuck that hurts." okay. > "You are fucking brainless." not okay. > > Number of reports per single game don't matter. 1 report functions the same as 9. > > Debatable if they technically stole anything. Until someone actually decides to try taking it to court, they aren't. > > Know what else is exaggerated? How many people cry int feeder and troll when someone does something different or poorly. > > Until there is an official documentation either in court or out of court agreement, I'm not going to participate in the sexist thing kotaku wrote. Because lives get ruined when people lie about that and we are in an age were simply taking anothers word is risky. Another fun fact: "You shouldn't say fuck" not okay too facepalm policy
Ulanopo (NA)
: >The best defense against them is desensitization. I think you should learn how to take a punch so I can punch you more often... >I'm referring to the phenomenon whereby the US allows people to say abhorrent things without agreeing with said things. You're more than welcome to say whatever you want, just be prepared for the consequences. This is true in and out of League.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8iE8WEUM,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T23:45:37.864+0000) > > I think you should learn how to take a punch so I can punch you more often... > That is quite the wrong analogy. You expect as soon as the filter gets lifted everyone would spam those words - that is not what the OP said. He just said that it is quite obvious which words are refered to when using f- and n-word.. Just because they are allowed, wouldn't lead to anarchy and everyone insults each other. The right one might be: "You better learn how to take a punch, because someday someone could hit you out of nowhere". > You're more than welcome to say whatever you want, just be prepared for the consequences. This is true in and out of League. Well I got a 14-day ban for actually saying "You shouldn't call random people on the internet a f...." to someone insulting me ingame. I don't think that in a real life scenario that phrase would have caused me any trouble. However due to Riots "0 tolerance policy" I've never heard of before it magically is. Riot doesn't consider the context of use but just buzzword. It is actually quite hillarious that you can get banned/punished for standing up against slur and say: "f.. and n.. are intolerable words and should under no circumstances be used in any kind of conversation." just because that sentence contains those words. But maybe I don't understand that approach just because it is deeply connected to the american culture.
: Fizz is at 56% WR, 10% Play Rate, 32% Ban rate on Diamond+
"Hey let's go very slow with ADCs because we are a very cautious balance team". 2 Patches later "Hmm this assassin rework doesn't blow things completly up - we need to change that". Riot again with the 300 IQ decisions. Seriously this balance team is more or less a joke - community feedback told them that this will break fizz and they didn't listen. Sometimes I feel like instead of actually playtesting stuff they are just watching their excel sheets.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 27
The current GGS vs Team Liquid match is the prime example about what is wrong about your meta ... Meddler going full Lee sin mode Holy shit is that game fucked up
: Touching base on Mid-season (marksman and snowballing)
"Statikk Shiv Total cost 2900 >>> 2800 Critical Strike lowered from 30% >>> 25%" OMG ADCs totally broken again. Oh wait they are still shit. Oh wait you already returned to useless 30% on PBE again. You can try as much as you want but YOU decided that ADC shall go bot for the past 7 years - you will NEVER accomplish an even spaced lane with the current design of some especially AP heavy champions. They shit on marksmen because they were designed as counter to that class. Giving them the opportunity to steamroll marksmen at every stages of the game will never EVER EVER EVER bring back adcs, why? Because its the fucking only class which brings nothing but damage to the table. As for now you killed all my motivation. I don't see any kind of improvement - You more likely will also kill there somehow decent lategame. Sad to say but ADC is a dead role. It might get played (out of conveneince) but has no impact on the majority of the games. You still didn't found out or blindly ignoring the fact that it were Supports which made the ADC strong and that alone on it's own ADCs were never a strong class past season 2. Playing ADC right now is like playing a superminion - There are rare scenarios were you might be valuable but more often you just get carried or stomped. I hope player statistics and especially money will show you that this design direction is not "controversial" but rather a punch in the face of every former "ADC" main.
Meddler (NA)
: I think Fleet Footwork's still a solid choice on many marksmen in particular but nowhere near as must take across the board as previously. Usage rate is still really high. In some cases that makes sense, in others I believe there's some inertia from some players assuming it's still the only sensible option until someone else clearly shows them otherwise. Lethal Tempo needs work, agreed. Pre-season's a possibility, though we haven't yet mapped out which things like that we will or won't work on in pre-season.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=7tEYw6Ij,comment-id=001f0000,timestamp=2018-07-11T16:03:44.584+0000) > > I think Fleet Footwork's still a solid choice on many marksmen in particular but nowhere near as must take across the board as previously. Usage rate is still really high. In some cases that makes sense, in others I believe there's some inertia from some players assuming it's still the only sensible option until someone else clearly shows them otherwise. > > Lethal Tempo needs work, agreed. Pre-season's a possibility, though we haven't yet mapped out which things like that we will or won't work on in pre-season. That rune is completly obsolete you don't feel it at all. The only reason it is picked because it is as garbage as the rest but gives you at least a tiny tiny tiny amount of sustain thus you feel a bit better when going against bonkers apc lanes. I have to admit I personally don't agree with your current design approach seems as you seem to nerf the only choice which doesn't completly suck instead of buffing the rest to be a good alternative option. Nowadays you have this dumbass heavy poke ap carry botlanes and even with dorans shield you just get poked out of lane - and it doesnt matter if they miss spells because the mana regen is completly out of hand and the moment they get to 1300g it doesnt mean anything anyways. You shouldn't look at your Excel charts but rather play a realy game and feel the impact you can create. All the games I had as an ADC didn't went longer than 25 minutes. I never finished the 2nd item (after boots). Attacking an Aatrox was like picking him with a toothpick and when looking at his Items he obviously didn't need more than Ninjatabis to accomplish that. ADCs were already garbage below masters before that patch happened - Now also above. This patch happened because players like UZI completly stomped there oponents, but it couldn't just be that he is better than the rest, it must have been his role. So nerf it to the ground thus at the very highest level everybody again has the same impact (regardless of there skill). But you seem to have forgotten that this game has also 10 miliion other players.
Closar (EUW)
: what you are saying is utterly wrong, It is as if I came to you and said: "Oh wait, x player is good at assassins, why does riot make mid players able to play something else than an assassin, they are threatening his career!" Sorry to say this, but pro players and their careers should not be a concern for riot when balancing the game. They are being paid for playing the game, as it is, never forget this. If they can not fulfill this task, they are not doing their job.
> [{quoted}](name=Closar,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=MexEu76s,comment-id=00760000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-26T00:59:56.996+0000) > > what you are saying is utterly wrong, It is as if I came to you and said: "Oh wait, x player is good at assassins, why does riot make mid players able to play something else than an assassin, they are threatening his career!" > Sorry to say this, but pro players and their careers should not be a concern for riot when balancing the game. They are being paid for playing the game, as it is, never forget this. If they can not fulfill this task, they are not doing their job. And you can't be more wrong about that, because RIOT actually promoted this style of league of legends over the past 9 years. It were the 5 roles with each new champion got designated to one of them. It is not about beeing a champ or a class not viable anymore it is about a role/a playertype not viable anymore and if a balancing team accomplish that in just 1 patch you should reconsider your company stucture. Slow passed adjustments are key (except for new champions). This premise got scraped this season and lead to an upset. Here is a lesson for you of someone who clearly understands more of the game than both of us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy5m2LMdBRw
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 6
"We've been looking at the impact of the mini patch from earlier this week (8.13b). Looking reasonable so far, with moderate amounts of power as hoped added to Trist, Cait and Varus. " Meanwhile I just pick (boring ass) Ziggs and have more success than with any of those shitchamps. Here is an honest opinion of someone who escaped your circlejerk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy5m2LMdBRw Adcs (with the exception of maybe draven) are bad and as soon as people master the mages bot you realise how bad your balancing approach was and how OP they were in the first place. If a class of champions is already stronger at their introduction the gap to other classes on that lane will only grow. You butchered adcs and spit in the face of people trying to master the mechanics over years. It wasn't our fault your champion design team never came accross with new, innovative ideas for that role. First you took graves, then you took corki, then lucian and now a dozen of crit adcs. Just move on and give bruisers more damage, supports more cc, midlane assassins more mobility and slowly but surely see your game die. https://trends.google.de/trends/explore?date=all&geo=DE&q=league%20of%20legends You lost completly contact to what made this game great and fun. Btw: "As we talked about on the boards, we're going to be releasing a small patch, 8.13b if you will, given that we're on a 3 week patch cycle atm (8.14 goes live on the 17th/18th of July). Primary focus is on marksman/crit, with a few other champs sprinkled in there in there" - Riot Maple Friendly reminder cause the last PBE updates were nowhere near marksmen focused. And giving them even more lategame power won't change there status, it will just make them completly broken as soon as the gamelength starts to increase - And oh boy I already hear the mid/toplaners crying. Flatten there curve and give them more abilities to deal with sustain (swain, vladimir) and 1300g lost chapter AP carries.
: good point but they wont listen anyways they only listen if you say something about "buffing ADCs" or "buffing tanks"
> [{quoted}](name=DarkSpiritslayer,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=MexEu76s,comment-id=007600000000,timestamp=2018-06-22T04:16:14.611+0000) > > good point > but they wont listen anyways > > they only listen if you say something about "buffing ADCs" or "buffing tanks" What an insane crybaby. Meanwhile professional adc and midlaners get benched for toplaners due to futility of their roles. See huni going adc, rekkles benched, Bang and even Faker benched. The design team fucked up with that changes. It is not about diversity or single picks anymore - An entire class were made absolote. The job of proplayers are at risk due to the forced changes. It is like when Twitch or Youtube decide to close your 1 mio. subscriber channel. Making an entire role obsolete just fucks the income of those players. Some argue they shall "adapt". That is not solo q were you play for fun. It is a competitive field and if your subbing-toplaner is faster adapting than your adc because he played the current meta champs much more often, hell of course you bench the adc. Riot has to bring ADC back asap. 20% of their proplayers are adcs - Currently you ban 2 adc's and you get a botlane fiesta guarenteed. It is like Khan said "The current meta is not about skill, it is about picks".
: > [{quoted}](name=HPLT,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=bz0HUP5U,comment-id=00be0000,timestamp=2018-06-15T11:25:54.029+0000) > > If a 950 games bronze 2 player says so it must be true. 500 game silver V it's the same but elowbashin is pointless
> [{quoted}](name=granna tenshura,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=bz0HUP5U,comment-id=00be00000001,timestamp=2018-06-15T14:07:44.808+0000) > > 500 game silver V it's the same but elowbashin is pointless Well but he was actually right about some bruisers like irelia or camille. They are pick/ban and heavily exploited at alot of positions. Combined with the recent changes made the game a lot more random. That is a nightmare for a lot of pro players searching for a new identity (see Rekkles playing fucking Janna adc today). There jobs and impact rely on Riots good and well thought balancing. The current changes are just to make the game more random / different to watch. That can ofc increase the viewer count, but I am pretty sure that this will be short term. For the first time RIOT is facing some kind of crisis with Battle Royale games beeing more popular. The fix to that is not to let every game feel like a every player pressed the random button in champ select, but to analyse the situation and admit if mistakes were made (even long term). If that forces RIOT to do more (minor but frequent) balance changes rather than reworks, new champs, or huge meta changing balance changes - I am personally fine with that. That might be boring for some time, but I personally think will lead to a healthier game experience overall. We will see to what conclusion RIOT will come.
Antenora (EUW)
: "No class OP?" Assassin's are out of control right now. Conqueror fighters are out of control.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=bz0HUP5U,comment-id=00be,timestamp=2018-06-15T09:33:53.516+0000) > > "No class OP?" > > Assassin's are out of control right now. > Conqueror fighters are out of control. If a 950 games bronze 2 player says so it must be true.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 14
Not gonna like the way botlane carry position is moving. Adc's are in a terrible spot due to game length. You can't shorten games and weaken the position, which is the only 1 to rely on longer games. Already in previous games it was hard enough to carry as a marksmen, if for example you play with heal or shield supports + ardent. Marksmen always relied on a their supporter to do well in lane but also in lategame. The adc meta resulted from ardent and support changes not by the adc themselves. A caitlyn without ardent could even lategame be handled, but with ardent she was insanly broken. Weakening supports was necessary but lowering the health pool of adcs accross the board on top created a very unhealth state. Even before Adc's were always at risk beeing 1 shotted - However the current changes increased the potential drastically. No other it can be explained why we see so many kill lanes (with either heavy poke or cc) at bot right now. And if you can escape the laning phase decently the kill risk never decreases until late game. That power creep is a really unenjoiable experience - and that is why so many adcs chose sustain runes. It simply isn't a good experience loosing 95% of your healthbar in a quarter of seconds with little to none counterplay. Right now, if a Vlad or any kind of CC bruiser champ gets now through botlane laning phase, he has almost always has a higher teamfight impact than an adc until late late game. The damage output early on is too low to threaten any kind of tank and lategame you get run downed by flashing/ghosting 1shot champs with Predator or phase rush. I have seen so many fights were a Vlad just flashes , ults and 1shots an adc with little to no counterplay for the adc but also the frontline, which is suppose to protect him. Especially immobile ADC have basicly no other home than bot because of assassins and crowd control, which always create kill potential from level 6 on. Why would you limit their pick rate even further by opening up the only lane they have to other champs. Wouldn't you consider a top / jungle / midlane /Support Jinx troll? Meanwhile Orrn is now played at every position. Irelia and Yasuo too. I don't think the solution to fix the game is giving champs with an already wide variety of laning choices even more ones, but creating a unique experience with every champ and macro play. Adc's always feel like adc's - the kit might be different but in the end it still comes down to rightclicking. Some like that others don't. That's why 4 other roles exist. Panically changing the meta just because Fortnite is more popular won't be the solution At the moment Adc's don't bring anything unique to the table. Damage output too low from mid to late, in every stage of the game they can be 1 shotted and due to the tower changes AP champs can almost push as fast as adc's. It's just the consequence of those events that picking adc is almost considered troll on that patch. Time will show if it was a smart move to change league that way - After all, 20% of the player base are beeing on stake.
: i don't think marksman should automatically be the carry class
The only reason you go full damage is because of riots incompentence of nerfing Tanks into the ground. I dont know if the design team is only a bunch of toplaner and junglers but it would explain alot to me. Oversized reworked kits, endless shields, extreme hp curves --- and an extremly slow balancing curve. Finally nerf the shit out of them or start to buff marksmen items...NOT THE CHAMPS the items, because that helps adc in general. Its kinda frustrating running against that wall and doing 0 damage despite beeing not behind - Increase the power curve in midgame...DO SOMETHING FINALLY. And not like "yeah but our data has shown" ....no your data shows 50% winrate because one adc will be carried....
HPLT (EUW)
: Remake system is obviously flawed
Didn't know that, thats sounds crazy tbh. In my opinion the best approach would be to track if there is some movement of the character at the beginning of the game + a seperate check if a DC happened. If there was no movement than a Remake option should be given. If the character moved, than a DC check should clarify if and when a DC happened. If someone DC'ed before the 3 Minute mark it should either expand the window in which you can ask for a remkae to 4:30 or it should just wait 60 seconds for a reconnect and then opt for a Remake. In my opinion people with slow and unsteady internet connection shouldn't play ranked anyway or at least deal with the consequences of a Remake. This game is team oriented and if you harm the experience of 4 other people there have to be consequences. If you DC'ed or just AFK shouldnt be handled differently.
Rioter Comments

HPLT

Level 104 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion