: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=75hlbOb9,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-09-17T11:29:53.480+0000) > > What he means is that people will be extremely toxic just so you AFK out of frustration. And I can see that happening If you AFK out of frustration your fault, no offense if someone AFK's out of frustration then that's on them, sure toxicity is a problem, but it doesn't justify AFK'ing.
Obviously, that's true. BUT this just _encourages_ toxicitty. We don't want to encourage it, we want to reduce it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Niggel Wessom,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=75hlbOb9,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-16T21:53:23.704+0000) > > Incoming "but people will force me to afk" no one can force you to AFK it's your choice you AFK you can't blame it on others
What he means is that people will be extremely toxic just so you AFK out of frustration. And I can see that happening
datfatguy (OCE)
: I just feel like Zed doesn't take a lot of skill to play anymore
I may sound biased (I probably am) because I like Zed and play him a lot if I get to play mid but I honestly think he takes the most skill among all assassins. Early armor, standing behind minions to reduce Q damage, long ass CD on his only mobility tool makes the laning a lot easier. His early ult seems oppressive but is easy to counter especially if your champ has a dash. His ult damage mainly comes from his Qs, especially early game so sidestepping/dashing in an unpredictable way will make his ult damage suck. While his E isn't necessarily a skillshot and forces him to stay close to the enemy. Which means it's avoidable (if that is a word lol). Compared to other assassins like LB, Talon, Fizz, Akali his kit really seems healthy since his ult needs _3 full seconds._ to explode. That is enough time for your support to heal/exhaust/shield/CC Zed so he can't reach you for extra damage. The other assassins? They jump on you and you die. If they fail they die. Pretty much 0 skill involved. Akali may take some skill since low elo she sucks badly but her kit gives her so many out-of-jail-cards that the counterplay vanishes in higher elos. Zed has the biggest drawbacks for the safety he has and the "point and click" nuke (ult) he has. At least he has some conditions to fulfill to nuke someone, can't say that about the other assassins.
: New Riven skin splash looks like Azula from Avatar
I try my hardest to not spend anything on this game but this skin man
: Just look at those Riven buffs on PBE. Lmao
Completely unnecessary buffs since her winrate has stabilized after the nerfs. Probably because of her new skin and worlds since 9.19 will be the worlds patch.
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BikHHNnn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-12T16:15:26.470+0000) > > How did you guys manage to go 37/44 pre 15 mins. Even if its aram, that seems a bit too much lol. > > Anyway, one shots existed waaaaay before this "damage meta" especially if the OS guy is a squishy. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlJRyjZYovU I've played since beta and shit like this barely existed before this meta that's been going on for far, far too long.
DFG, Rengar, old LB, Fizz, old Ahri, old Eve, old Akali literally oneshotting people with one rotation, Riven, Yasuo, Gragas (oh boi especially Gragas), Draven, Orianna back in the days, AP Tristana, old Nidalee. Man the list goes on and on You act like the video I just posted doesn't exist. You must be extreeemely delusional.
: I like to call this clip everything that's wrong with League of Legends right now
How did you guys manage to go 37/44 pre 15 mins. Even if its aram, that seems a bit too much lol. Anyway, one shots existed waaaaay before this "damage meta" especially if the OS guy is a squishy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlJRyjZYovU
: I honestly thought the first Riven main I played against was hacking
Are you ever going to post a clip or some shit? Because the more you talk in the comments the less credible your exaggerated post sounds.
: Let's be real, he'd still get flooded with upvotes even if he had proof that he's entirely bsing.
Which is also why NOBODY who makes, obviously, stupid statements ever posts a video as proof. But yes, since it's about Riven he would get upvotes no matter what. And then people wonder why Riot hates the gameplay board and only answers questions over at story and art lmao
: Just make this simple and post replay
You mean he should automatically invalidate himself? Not happening.
: Most people know that removing autofill would be silly, but there's a better solution
Idk if anyone told you yet but you are part of these "Most people" in your title. Autofill is here because nobody wanted to play support. Not because people dislike some other roles. The sole reason autofill exists is because people hate to support. Back in the "pick order" days last pick ALWAYS got support, especially in low elo. Nobody (obviously some supp mains existed) wanted to play that boring role. So Riot implemented autofill. Anybody who played before new champ select knew exactly what was gonna happen once autofill was implemented. And that was getting filled into supp. Opting out of one role defeats, once again, the purpose of autofill. The majority will pick supp and we are back at long ass Q times. We would go full cycle here. This idea (which btw was brought up a million times by now) would increase Q times drastically.
: buffering means queuing up the next ability so that it casts immediately when it can. it always casts the same speed if you buffer. all you do is hit the w before e is done casting.
I know what buffering is. That isn't the point of this post. Point is that people think here it's bad that Ryze has to hit his E first (E having contact with the enemy thus applying the passive) and then using his W for the snare. You just said that it doesn't go off sometimes which could be a bug. But if you aren't waiting for the E to hit then it is not a bug, it's just that you aren't patient enough with your combo.
: yes, that's what you're doing. the problem is it only works 80% of the time. go into a practice game with ryze and hit EW fast enough so that W buffers after E is cast. it will snare because that's what intended. the problem is when it randomly doesn't.
Well that would be a bug then. You sure that you weren't just too fast with your W? I don't have many Ryze games but I never had this problem or actually never heard about it from friends who play him.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f8W48oJE,comment-id=000200030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T15:45:43.368+0000) > > Now, that makes sense. You are probably right about people still thinking that this is still "too fast" but I honestly doubt that since the OP is talking about less than 4 seconds and the video shows a tank clearly surviving more than 4 seconds. You only need to look two posts above yours to see why i dont trust the boards or the people on it with the amount of reaching they will do.
BigFBear (EUW)
: No. They start to focus him at 12 seconds in the video. Before that its just some 0 dmg autoattacks from non AA champs. And even then only 3 of them are on him, Annie misses her Ult and he still drops pretty fast. Actually exactly 4 seconds before he needs to flash and almost died. And there isn't even a real ADC in the enemy team. Put a Draven, Jinx, Vayne etc. In it and he would be dead even faster. Actually your Video proofs OP post.
Obviously it doesn't prove OPs post. A tank going in 1vs5 and surviving more than 5 seconds is, no matter how tanky that tank is, completely bullshit gameplay wise. If Sions team would be there this fight should have ended within seconds, in favour of Sions team. Just because you are tanky doesn't mean you are immune to stupid game decisions. "There is no real ADC" is a stupid argument. That doesn't even make sense. Especially when pro players pick shit like Garen ADC. A tanks job isn't to survive at the end of the teamfight. The tank either has to stop the enemy backline from entering your backline or as to initiate a fight (in other words making a good catch on the carry). This video is proof that tanks work fine. Sion tanked 5 enemies, baited some important abilities out and made sure his team cleared up the enemy team plus survived as a bonus. I don't see how this video supports OP at all.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f8W48oJE,comment-id=0002000300000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T14:35:18.430+0000) > > You are being delusional here, buddy. Obviously this video shows how WRONG this entire post is. How absolutely exaggerated the OP is. There is not much to this video. Tanks don't die quickly, even if they are not that fed _like this Sion._ > This video just showed us how a tank can go 1vs5 and still get out. > > This video doesn't need an explanation. Anyone who disliked this video thinks that tanks are too weak and can't survive or do their job good in this current meta. In fact: OP of this thread needs a video proof of how shitty tanks are and how they die "in less than 4 seconds." I downvotted it because the person provided no context, so i have no way to know which side the person is taking other than a response to proof that tanks die too fast. If that is not the persons stance, then its their fault for not providing context, given there are some delusional people that think that is dying too fast.
Now, that makes sense. You are probably right about people still thinking that this is still "too fast" but I honestly doubt that since the OP is talking about less than 4 seconds and the video shows a tank clearly surviving more than 4 seconds.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f8W48oJE,comment-id=00020003,timestamp=2019-09-09T12:01:21.236+0000) > > Imagine being downvoted for _providing proof._ Damn boards Theyre being downvotted for not providing context on which side they believe their video supports, so the only thing we have to go off of is someone asking for video claim that tanks die too fast, and assume that the video is supposed to show a tank dying too fast, when it doesnt.
You are being delusional here, buddy. Obviously this video shows how WRONG this entire post is. How absolutely exaggerated the OP is. There is not much to this video. Tanks don't die quickly, even if they are not that fed _like this Sion._ This video just showed us how a tank can go 1vs5 and still get out. This video doesn't need an explanation. Anyone who disliked this video thinks that tanks are too weak and can't survive or do their job good in this current meta. In fact: OP of this thread needs a video proof of how shitty tanks are and how they die "in less than 4 seconds."
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: https://plays.tv/video/5d757ae37eb566a80d/focus-the-sion-some-more It's a video I took from someone I know
Imagine being downvoted for _providing proof._ Damn boards
: I don't think you understand properly. normally EW is intended to snare... it's not working as intended.
It is working as intended because you have to hit your E first before you can snare someone. That's the point of the changes, COUNTERPLAY. People have to be patient now instead of getting a ranged-point and click-nobrain-snare instantly. Working as intended and shouldn't be changed.
Kemious (NA)
: yeah take a look at the list again and half of thr top ten are consisdered mobile champs. fizz, ahri, talon, kat and diana are all mobile champs. diana is a bit less mobile than the other 5 but still pretty mobile when compared to the others. the argument isnt mobiliy is bad its that alot of these newer monile champs dont loose anything for having an escape. Blitz used to be a very scary champion to face in the game but his presence in the game has fallen because of how powerful mobility is. even if he does land a grab alot of the time these mobile can juat escape afterwards.
Diana isn't mobile at all when it comes to escapes, she can only dash to an enemy. No escapes. Kill or be killed. Especially since her wave clear isn't that good compared to mages. She literally has one thing and that is burst. If she fails she dies and is useless to the team. The others, yes you are right. But still, the "majority" is immobile. Mobile champions lose a lot of things, not seen at first sight. Those "things" are stats. Champs that are mobile usually lack in stats. They are also restricted by certain conditions to work perfectly. Irelia has to stack her passive to deal significant damage with her autoattacks. Yasuo needs to prepare a knockup to ult (even if its not hard, its still a restriction). He also has pretty low stats for a fighter. Fizz has to use his ult at max range (which is easy to dodge/predict btw) to actually deal a lot of damage with it. That keeps him at a good range to close too. Ahri has 3 dashes on her ULTIMATE. Which makes her really vulnerable out of ult. Camille is squishy compared to other divers/fighters/bruisers (whatever you wanna call her). Her shield only blocks one kind of damage and her dash gets bigger if locked on an enemy. That's why she is used to splitpush even with such a good lockdown kit, her teamfight sucks. Now champs like Garen, Mordekaiser, Darius, Diana have insane amount of stats and free sustain/damage that makes up for their lack of mobility. > Blitz used to be a very scary champion to face in the game but his presence in the game has fallen because of how powerful mobility is. even if he does land a grab alot of the time these mobile can juat escape afterwards. Sorry but I disagree. Blitz is not just scary because of his hook but because of his CC chain. A blitz hook is guarantees a kill because his ult silences and makes escapes almost impossible. He is still respected on lane and in late game, especially in late game. I highly doubt that anyone without flash will survive a blitz hook late game. The moment the hook lands, the silence will follow, followed by a knock up into your death. Which is why blitz sees pro play _sometimes._
Win1Ocent (EUW)
: @RiotBlaustoise on mobility
> Just look at Garen on the PBE with the on hit effects applying on his E. I've seen several streamers play him and having so much fun, not because mobility but because he is strong. That's the only line needed. Simply because people play simple, 0 effort champs just because they are strong. Nobody picks Skarner because their "macro is so strong that the champ will function insanely well into the comp." They pick him because his ult is straight up just picking some enemy and bringing them to your team. In fact, nobody in normal/soloq play actually plays skarner (obviously a few people main him and some play him for the luls). Looking at winrate lists on u.gg: The top 10 on mid is dominated by mages that are immobile dia+: https://u.gg/lol/tier-list/?role=middle&rank=diamond_plus plat+: https://u.gg/lol/tier-list/?role=middle The top 10 on top is dominated by immobile champs (juggernauts, tanks, whatever else wants to go on top): https://u.gg/lol/tier-list/?role=top&rank=diamond_plus plat+: https://u.gg/lol/tier-list/?role=top The differences between platin and dia isn't even huge here and platin is considered "low elo." I put them here because many platinum players are at least mechanically skilled, they compensate their bad macro with mechanical skills. Now here comes the thing: Looking at playrate, champs like Yasuo, Zed, Kata, Riven, Renekton, Kled, Irelia, Fiora, Jax, Fiora, Ahri, Akali still have a higher pickrate than the champs that outperform them. Riven, Yasuo, Zed already have huge playerbases. The other champs mentioned not so, yet they have a lot more players than the tanks/mages/juggernauts. Simply because they are more mobile. I play mobile champs because I hate the idea of just "rightclicking" to reach an enemy. It's just boring. Obviously, someone else likes it more to use numbers and math to beat the enemy rather than smashing some buttons and hoping for the best. But these guys are, believe it or not, in the minority. > This is why they played more, higher chance of doing well and a higher chance of having fun and higher chance of a comeback. Also higher chance to fail. The 0/10 Yasuo meme didn't start out of nowhere. It's hard to miss a combo as Garen, especially if the champ is just supposed to rightclick on you and just press Q, W, E, R (obviously there is more to it but that is just how much potential Garens kit has, rest is macro). One wrong dash on Yasuo and you either get ganked or land suddenly under the turret. Anyway, especially in esports people go nuts when some mid player locks an assassin like Zed. It's just nice to look at. So, RiotBlaustoise isn't really wrong.
Exin0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zEBycTwt,comment-id=00030002000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T21:40:39.430+0000) > > That's what I said. He is frustrating to play against, so people ban him. I ban Tryndamere and (old) Pantheon on top because I really don't want to deal with that shit. They aren't "op, broken, busted" but they are just annoying as fuck to deal with. That's why people ban. To get rid of stuff that is annoying/OP. > > Yasuo is just annoying. Not op, not broken. Easy to counter but strong late game which forces to shut him down early and end the game before the 40min mark --> Pressure for just existing in the game, which means people just ban him. > > Nobody wants to use their last 2 braincells to fight off a Yasuo, predicting every E and baiting out his WW. Its not only about be annoying i think he is little bit stronger then you describe him. Firstly he is often swinging between real op and let say "weak" state due to his sensitivity to direct and indirect changes. He is not as easy to counter, look at his builds history, he was able to use trillion wild builds and items even outside his class pools and only few others was able to do this to extent while others champions are more or less streamlined in items choices with few cheese exceptions. And while he was constantly changing inventory there was need for constantly changing how to counter him and there hate stem from. One week you eat yasuos for breakfast next he feels like completely different champion with new itemization and your tactic and champion against him no longer work. Also he can work on practically all lanes, iam not saying he will be doing great but there is no particular weakness inhibiting him from going to any position. But again his problem are no longer numbers but heatred for him burned in mind of players and you dont change that, he need to be reworked to completely new champion.
Exin0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zEBycTwt,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2019-08-20T14:18:27.067+0000) > > Banrate is in indication of frustration. Not how OP a champ is. Really weak argument. It was not even argument but statement, for whatever reason yasuo is one of most hated and baned champions in game any buff to him just make people ban him more and at this point it doesent matter if its rational or emotional. If he is strong or weak that is matter of discussion but what is important he is broken and stigmatized in minds of players especially after his R buff fiasco when Riot scrap it after insane backlash. Yasuo dont need buffs or nerfs he need to be deleted or completely reworked.
That's what I said. He is frustrating to play against, so people ban him. I ban Tryndamere and (old) Pantheon on top because I really don't want to deal with that shit. They aren't "op, broken, busted" but they are just annoying as fuck to deal with. That's why people ban. To get rid of stuff that is annoying/OP. Yasuo is just annoying. Not op, not broken. Easy to counter but strong late game which forces to shut him down early and end the game before the 40min mark --> Pressure for just existing in the game, which means people just ban him. Nobody wants to use their last 2 braincells to fight off a Yasuo, predicting every E and baiting out his WW.
Slim Şhady (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zEBycTwt,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T15:34:14.738+0000) > > Yes, sometimes. But not to the point of Azir levels that we've seen in the past. I still dont see the argument being broken, my point is that he is doing more than fine in Solo q, in every competitive region there is at least few yasuo one tricks in challenger, that means, he is playable at the highest possible level , and can get to the top. Means he is performing okay in Solo Q, Do you see any Annie one tricks in challenger ? No, because the champion is bad and deserves work, Yasuo doesnt . He is doing fine , besides performing okay in Solo Q , he still sees even PRO play (Sometimes) Can you explain to me now, how does the champion I just mentioned "Yasuo" deserves buffs ?
Okay bro, then I will be a bit clearer. Read really really careful now! Yasuo is supposed to be a HARD champion (like Azir, Riven whatever floats your boat). What does that mean? That means that, aside from banrates and pickrates, he has to have a shitty winrate in LOW elo (spoiler: compared to Riven and other champs, his winrate is good in low elo) Now, what does that have to do with the buff in high elo? If you think about a challenger playing Yasuo and an iron player Yasuo, you should be thinking: "This champ is too hard for him, he shouldn't be able to succeed. Only good players, like dias, masters, challengers should have high winrates on him." BUT he hasn't. Why is that so? Are his counters too good? Is he out of meta? Or were nerfs from several patches ago impacting him now because of how the meta is shifting? What even is his role in this meta? Those are questions, where your challenger rank isn't needed to be answered. His counters are stronger than him. Only his mains are successful with him. His low elo winrate isn't that bad compared to hard to play champs. He is clearly out of meta because bruisers shit on him on top and mages, that actually should be countered by him, are scared of him. Anyway, he has been picked in pro play "sometimes." That "sometimes" means in certain occasions, comps: https://gol.gg/champion/champion-stats/111/season-ALL/split-ALL/tournament-LEC%20Spring%202019/patch-ALL/role-ALL/league-ALL/ Almost EVERY Yasuo game had Alistar as a support. EVERY GAME had several knock ups just made for him. The comps revolved around HIM. Which means he NEEDS support from his team to function well, which is why coordinated play isn't a good indicator for a champs strength, especially for a champ like Yasuo. Azir doesn't need that shit. He IS a one man army, as seen in Fakers recent Azir game, _and that in pro play._ Yasuo in high elo sucks ass. You main him, you are one of those mains that keep his winrate above 40%. The others either dropped him or just don't main him and don't see any worth in him. In times when he was completely busted, people spammed him EVEN in high elo, which led to nerfs. Now, he needs some buffs. Does that make sense to you? A slight buff (which he probably gets for midlane) won't break him.
Ahris (NA)
: If he is picked sometimes in competitive, that is enough to say he is completely fine.
I doubt that I can somehow change your point of view because "he has been picked so he must be completely fine" is such a sad argument. Garen was picked bot. Completely fine too I guess. Whatever tho if that is what you think. Have a nice day!
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/F4kqKEIm-1-week-later-the-4-inters-have-not-been-banned-support-tickets-are-useless hey riot guy check this out please thanks. btw, i checked just again, its now 3 weeks and ALL of them are still playing. even the 4th guy who took a 3 day break
Report to Riot support, then if they say "we will look into it" and close the ticket, reopen them and tell them "it seems like reporting to you guys doesn't mean shit because those fuckers are still playing. I guess I can make a smurf and troll everyone else too to let my anger out since nothing is gonna happen." I shit you not, this is what I said after I reported someone for hardcore inting (the real inting not just having a bad game) and the guy didn't play for 2 weeks lmao (actually this is what I said in the first report and after realising they did jackshit I just reopened and said the same thing but focused on it.)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zEBycTwt,comment-id=000300040000,timestamp=2019-08-20T15:32:07.535+0000) > > Yes, 39 games in challenger is enough of a sample size. That's exactly how statistics works. Good job! > > On a serious note, his winrate is 50% in master+ (plus, including challenger). He is fine for such a simple champ. Oh lol i didnt know u.gg has the sample size too. Oh well my point was that, just because someone has low winrate doesnt mean he needs buffs. In addition to that the sample size in both masters and grandmasters is below 700. And that seems pretty small tbh. 46% winrate for a champ that is supposedly difficult to master he seems pretty good.
Which is why I posted the dia+ stats too. His winrate should be that low in low elo. Not in high elo. That would be saying that the champ is just weak and even the best of the best can't make him work most of the time. And One tricks are just another, extra case (like our OP who is challenger with playing mostly Yasuo). 50% in high elo is fine. 40% in low elo is what should be, just how Riven is right now
Slim Şhady (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zEBycTwt,comment-id=00030003000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-20T15:23:33.043+0000) > > I completely understood your point. It also makes a lot of sense. But that doesn't invalidate any buffs for him. Maybe what you want to say is to nerf his counters a bit since they are on the strong sides already? But nerfing so many champs because ONE champ is doing poorly won't fix Yasuo. > > Short answer: Just buff him. Not by a lot. Maybe a bit more MR for midlane specifically? He is fine on top, his mid is just insanely bad. Obviously, as you said, his counters are strong against him. Buffing a bit of MR won't get him to 60% winrate. > > We still don't know what kind of buffs he will get. > > EDIT: Look, I can see why people disagree with me BUT the circle jerk about Yasuo has to stop. OP is challenger but his post is that of an iron player. 0 stats, 0 facts. There are a lot of people high elo with certain champs that are either trash tier or just meta/strong. Yasuo isn't meta nor is he strong, in high elo. Listen dude, he doesnt need a fix ? :D What are you talking about, he is being successful in solo Q and ocassionally sees pro play, I dont know what is there a need to fix ??? When he is doing legit FINE everywhere holy f T_T What about ivern, kogmaw, maokai, heimerdinger, annie ,shyvana , sion , ornn etc. etc. they have almost no pick rate, some of them terrible win rate and dont see pro play ? Why would you not buff one of these instead of Yasuo that is in A FINE SPOT .-. EDIT: And no there are no players in Challenger elo, maybe in like wildcard regions, where they would get to that elo with a TRASH tier champion, do you see any Annie onetricks in challenger ? No
NO SANE COMPANY would balance around the top 200 players, that doesn't make fucking sense. They should be balancing around high elo. High elo means platinum plus (yes you read fucking right: platin is considered high elo because it's pretty much top 10% of a server) Yasuo is in a good spot you say? You are challenger and you are doing pretty well with your MAIN (spoiler: that is expected, if you lose with your main, look for another champ). Other high elo players ARE NOT doing well with this champ even though they clearly understand the champ. Yasuo needs to be balanced around high elo. His mid winrate is crap compared to his top winrate. Buffing his MR _slightly_ or any other _slight_ change WON'T break him. It is supposed to help him. Other champs need MORE changes than just buffs, sometimes even whole reworks. And to your last point: I see Annie onetricks in dia+ (Annie Bot, he hit challenger this season too), Sion onetricks in high elo, a fucking GAREN ONE TRICK IN MASTERS+, that one trynda main foggedftw2 or whatever his name is. Congrats on being challenger, really that IS impressive. But I honestly doubt that you break your head about statistics, math and other factors of the game.
Dukues (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zEBycTwt,comment-id=00030001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T15:27:14.310+0000) > > Wrong. In high elo matters winrate. Aurelion Sol mains got their champ nerfed because he had close to 60% winrate in high elo, while everyone else played like dogshit. > > Pickrate indicates: Popularity (champs like Riven, Yasuo, Jax, Fiora, Aatrox, Irelia) and how strong the champ is. In this case though, Yasuo is just popular, as you can see on the stats for every other elo. By far one of the most popular champions. A champ that is hard to play should have a shitty winrate in low elo (Riven is the perfect example btw) and an above 50% winrate (not too high) in high elo, Riven, again being a good example for that, which btw led to nerfs for Riven. > > Yasuo now sucks in high elo until platinum. Your argument doesn't fit the facts. A small buff would fit him. Idk man I feel like Win rate for certain champs doesn't have to = 50% like for Azir. I think Yas in a good place right now.... and if not... honestly fuck him. He is played so fucking often regardless it makes me sigh. Literally since his release he's been played so fucking much I forget there are other champs. I think people shitting on your posts a little too hard... although you ignoring ops rank on balance is pretty laughable not going to lie. I hate {{champion:157}} and it's fine to call me biased. I am not high elo but fuck... I actually think he is in a good place right now. His kit is just too strong to make him =50% win rate. If people know what they are doing with him he is always strong, if not then they going to suffer. Same with a lot of high skill champs. That's why it's fucked when {{champion:92}} win rate been so high even in high elo. She supposed to be hard to play but people just fucking stomping shit with her. Also it's fucked up to see {{champion:11}} win rate be over 50% even in high elo. Champ is so low skilled and doesn't really have that high of a ceiling so seeing him do well in elos that he is easiliy countered is a very good indication he is too strong right now. Yas being at 46 or 48% or whatever the fuck percent makes sense honestly and means he is very close to being perfectly balanced. No reason to fuck with it.
I completely agree with you that 50% on some = 50% on others isn't the same. But if the winrate keeps getting lower and lower, especially in high elo it must mean the champ is either TOO hard or the champ is just weak. Champs like Riven and Yasuo SHOULDN'T be below 50% at high elo because _people are supposed to be better up there which means they can get 100% out of the champion they play._ It's completely different in low elo. Riven sucks major D in iron _because iron players cannot utilize her kit well._
Ahris (NA)
: But Yasuo is picked in coordinated play sometimes. Yasuo has extremely high pickrate and banrate as well. Not sure if this means anything to you, but it usually means the champ feels toxic to play against.
Sometimes. You said it. Azir was permabanned or picked. Yasuo is picked not much because the champ just brings too many risks. He doesn't have a free ticket out when he pushes lane like Azir does (contrary to popular beliefs, Yasuo needs an ENEMY target to dash! Surprising isn't it?) I said it somewhere else and in my main comment: We don't want to see him ingame. He is annoying BUT he is still part of the game and deserves buffs/nerfs as every other champion. Just because he is toxic doesn't mean they should let him rot. Especially if champs like Yi, Trynda, Riven can exist.
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zEBycTwt,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-20T11:54:27.854+0000) > > https://u.gg/lol/champions/yasuo/build?rank=master_plus > https://u.gg/lol/champions/yasuo/build?rank=diamond_plus > > Stat-wise he could need a buff. If we really wanna see him ingame more tho that's another question. If you buff someone like yasuo, then might as well buff someone like xerath too. https://u.gg/lol/champions/xerath/build?rank=challenger
Yes, 39 games in challenger is enough of a sample size. That's exactly how statistics works. Good job! On a serious note, his winrate is 50% in master+ (plus, including challenger). He is fine for such a simple champ.
Ahris (NA)
: In highelo, pickrates matter more than winrate since if a champ is picked repeatively there, than that means the champ is deemed as pretty good in that elo.
Wrong. In high elo matters winrate. Aurelion Sol mains got their champ nerfed because he had close to 60% winrate in high elo, while everyone else played like dogshit. Pickrate indicates: Popularity (champs like Riven, Yasuo, Jax, Fiora, Aatrox, Irelia) and how strong the champ is. In this case though, Yasuo is just popular, as you can see on the stats for every other elo. By far one of the most popular champions. A champ that is hard to play should have a shitty winrate in low elo (Riven is the perfect example btw) and an above 50% winrate (not too high) in high elo, Riven, again being a good example for that, which btw led to nerfs for Riven. Yasuo now sucks in high elo until platinum. Your argument doesn't fit the facts. A small buff would fit him.
: actually, that's not what i'm saying at all. His counters are favorable in this meta and are thus more often picked, so yasuo will perform less well on average his power is just as good, but champions that beat him are more regularly picked...the same thing happened in season 6 champion X has 60% win rate because it counters entire team comps of the then broken strategy at the time. Champion X gets nerfed, suddenly champions that champion X countered have 60% win rate... It's a vicious cycle
I completely understood your point. It also makes a lot of sense. But that doesn't invalidate any buffs for him. Maybe what you want to say is to nerf his counters a bit since they are on the strong sides already? But nerfing so many champs because ONE champ is doing poorly won't fix Yasuo. Short answer: Just buff him. Not by a lot. Maybe a bit more MR for midlane specifically? He is fine on top, his mid is just insanely bad. Obviously, as you said, his counters are strong against him. Buffing a bit of MR won't get him to 60% winrate. We still don't know what kind of buffs he will get. EDIT: Look, I can see why people disagree with me BUT the circle jerk about Yasuo has to stop. OP is challenger but his post is that of an iron player. 0 stats, 0 facts. There are a lot of people high elo with certain champs that are either trash tier or just meta/strong. Yasuo isn't meta nor is he strong, in high elo.
Slim Şhady (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zEBycTwt,comment-id=000300030000,timestamp=2019-08-20T14:25:51.393+0000) > > So, what you say is: His counters are so insanely strong that the champ, Yasuo in our case, lacks completely and brings nothing to the table and there is absolutely no reason to pick him. Which just means he could need a buff. Not a strong one but at least a buff. > > Even going to plat+, his winrate is around 48%. All ranks is a (pretty balanced) 50%. But balancing around the lower elos doesn't make much sense because they don't get the full potential of hard to play champs, like Yasuo for example. > > Sorry but I fail to see why "his counters fuck him" is an argument. Fits every champion that argument. > > Point stands, no matter how many downvotes I get for that: Stat-wisey he needs a buff. If you think this is the case, you dont understand the game at all, if you think Yasuo doesnt bring anything to do the table, why is he ocassionaly picked in PRO play ? If you think he is so bad , why are there so many challenger yasuo players ? Like, me for example ?
First of all, that is not my point. I am answering the other guy not you. I never said Yasuo doesn't bring anything to the table. Shit bro, don't answer threads you aren't involved in then such fuck ups won't happen. He indeed brings A LOT to the table, he is just a bit weak right now. Anyway, not an answer to your post ignore it.
: it could have something to do with that his HARDEST COUNTER CHAMPS are all pretty effective at high elo cho-gath, vlad, orianna, talon, kassadin then add to that that counter-picking is FAR MORE OFTEN a thing there...
So, what you say is: His counters are so insanely strong that the champ, Yasuo in our case, lacks completely and brings nothing to the table and there is absolutely no reason to pick him. Which just means he could need a buff. Not a strong one but at least a buff. Even going to plat+, his winrate is around 48%. All ranks is a (pretty balanced) 50%. But balancing around the lower elos doesn't make much sense because they don't get the full potential of hard to play champs, like Yasuo for example. Sorry but I fail to see why "his counters fuck him" is an argument. Fits every champion that argument. Point stands, no matter how many downvotes I get for that: Stat-wisey he needs a buff.
: stats must be read in different ways depending on the champ. A 53% wr singed is not the same as 53% wr yasuo...not at all!
Did I say that that anywhere? No? Now learn to read the stats I posted. 46% in MASTERS (people generally KNOW how to play their champs up there) is ridiculous. He is trash, _stat-wise._
Exin0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zEBycTwt,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-20T11:54:27.854+0000) > > https://u.gg/lol/champions/yasuo/build?rank=master_plus > https://u.gg/lol/champions/yasuo/build?rank=diamond_plus > > Stat-wise he could need a buff. If we really wanna see him ingame more tho that's another question. you mean see more bans
Banrate is in indication of frustration. Not how OP a champ is. Really weak argument.
Slim Şhady (EUNE)
: Thats not a good argument, so does that mean that we have to buff azir as well ? https://u.gg/lol/champions/azir/build/?rank=diamond_plus https://u.gg/lol/champions/azir/build/?rank=master_plus
Now THAT is not a good argument. You are comparing a champion that is, in coordinated play (pro play) completely busted. Yasuo isn't, which is why doesn't see as much play as Azir in the past. But still, stat wise he needs it.
Slim Şhady (EUNE)
: MasterEUW/Chall EUNE Yasuo on buffing Yasuo
https://u.gg/lol/champions/yasuo/build?rank=master_plus https://u.gg/lol/champions/yasuo/build?rank=diamond_plus Stat-wise he could need a buff. If we really wanna see him ingame more tho that's another question.
: People: Real talk. How do you guys even manage to get banned?
Wanna know the fastest way to a chat restriction? Be passive aggressive as fuck. Not kidding. I got chat restrictions for just "triggering" trolls, feeders (usually just botlane going 0/6 by minute 10), enemy players for making the dumbest plays. I have never said homophobic, racist, sexist shit in the chat. And the highest restrictions I got the past few seasons were 10 game chat restrictions. Jungler fucked up baron smite? "wp I knew something like that would happen after such a good early game." Shit like this will get you restricted/banned. Got the restrictions when I lost plat promos 4 times in a row lol. Being the reason that someone else is triggered will make SURE that you get reported. They will remember the guy talking shit in chat all day even if you just defend yourself. People here telling you "you just have to get enough reports, etc etc" it doesn't work _exactly_ like that. Black listed shit (like the n-word), passive aggressiveness, grieving(that is actually quiet high) AND the most important one: People who report you by a support ticket. I got a lot of people 14 days banned like that. As I said, I am NEVER "14 days-level toxic." Even a toxic fuck like me has his limits. But I am really good at getting chat restrictions, almost challenger
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: Opinion : Be it popular or unpopular about Qiyana
I honestly play rather against Talon or Zed. One mistake on their side/me dodging, for example, one Zed shuriken and he failed miserably on killing me. Good Qiyana players are just too hard to predict. At the same time, in my (shit) elo nobody can play her well, so there is that...
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T20:11:24.540+0000) > > I am literally around that elo (dropped from gold 1 to gold 3 back to 1, 2 ,3 etc etc so this is kind of my elo). Anyway, what you are talking about is getting the MAX out of a champion. That is, obviously, expected from the top 200. Which means, Riven is doing what she has to do in low elo: That is being hard to play/master which results in a lot of losses. > > And your "actually is not" makes zero sense. I am answering the thread using its own logic. I know for a fact that the sample size after a day will be small. The OP doesn't know that shit and makes a post at PATCH DAY. Complain to him, not to me. Thanks. He's talking about last patch but okey, he even mentioned the site updated the stats for current one in his edit.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T14:26:48.065+0000) > > He's talking about last patch but okey, he even mentioned the site updated the stats for current one in his edit. And why make a post about last patch when the new patch, on the same day, arrived with a new nerf? That's the point.
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T11:18:05.901+0000) > > She is not a problem until plat. Before that her winrate is 50% or below. The higher you go the better her winrate because up there only good Riven players play her. > > https://u.gg/lol/champions/riven/build?rank=diamond_plus > > Right now, a day after the Q nerf (revert), her winrate dropped to 50% on dia+ and 47% on plat+. Iron-Plat is still below 50%. Now we gotta wait a few days until all the crazy Riven mains adapted and see what happens then. This shit post is completely unnecessary. acutally is not, from gold below there is a much larger number of players, and many of them are first time playing champions that they thinks are op (Im little gold 2, you cant assume you know better what kind of people I play with and against better than me), which literally may explain why Riven winrate is relative below 50%, but that doesnt mean A HUGE number of players, with no big micro/macro knoweldge or boxbox mechanics are still make her carry a lot of games while if they were to play any other champion they would insta lose, not to mention all smurfs abusing her more than solo jg carry champs.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T13:22:53.956+0000) > > acutally is not, from gold below there is a much larger number of players, and many of them are first time playing champions that they thinks are op (Im little gold 2, you cant assume you know better what kind of people I play with and against better than me), which literally may explain why Riven winrate is relative below 50%, but that doesnt mean A HUGE number of players, with no big micro/macro knoweldge or boxbox mechanics are still make her carry a lot of games while if they were to play any other champion they would insta lose, not to mention all smurfs abusing her more than solo jg carry champs. I am literally around that elo (dropped from gold 1 to gold 3 back to 1, 2 ,3 etc etc so this is kind of my elo). Anyway, what you are talking about is getting the MAX out of a champion. That is, obviously, expected from the top 200. Which means, Riven is doing what she has to do in low elo: That is being hard to play/master which results in a lot of losses. And your "actually is not" makes zero sense. I am answering the thread using its own logic. I know for a fact that the sample size after a day will be small. The OP doesn't know that shit and makes a post at PATCH DAY. Complain to him, not to me. Thanks.
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T19:38:32.845+0000) > > Balancing champions around the top 200 will make the game miserable for the other 99%. So yes, it's really not up for a quality discussion. I EXPECT the top 200 to steam roll with their mains. The only Riven players at the top are Riven mains which is why her winrate is nuts (and still 56% winrate compared to your 61%). > > Still no answer for the fake stats you used to "prove" your shitty post. Maybe, just maybe if you wouldn't make such a low quali post I could agree with you. Honestly, if not for such a joke post, I would even consider upvoting because Riven IS an issue. Riven is a problem in any elo lmao, maybe just silver and bronze not cause those ppl dont actually auto attack or understand how to use cc.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T04:47:07.807+0000) > > Riven is a problem in any elo lmao, maybe just silver and bronze not cause those ppl dont actually auto attack or understand how to use cc. She is not a problem until plat. Before that her winrate is 50% or below. The higher you go the better her winrate because up there only good Riven players play her. https://u.gg/lol/champions/riven/build?rank=diamond_plus Right now, a day after the Q nerf (revert), her winrate dropped to 50% on dia+ and 47% on plat+. Iron-Plat is still below 50%. Now we gotta wait a few days until all the crazy Riven mains adapted and see what happens then. This shit post is completely unnecessary.
Divin1ty (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T18:28:07.591+0000) > > So, you cry about the nerfs doing nothing but admit that the patch needs some time? Classic boards. How about crying _after_ the patch is out for a few days? > > Even using 9.15: There is no stat showing off a 60% winrate. Challenger shows 56% and that's pretty much only Riven mains playing her which is actually FAR from 61%. Also high winrates in challenger don't mean shit because the sample size is too small. Oh, so the people that can 100% get everything out of a champ don't matter to the champions balance? I am sorry that your average Silver Player isn't able to fully use Aatrox.
> [{quoted}](name=Divin1ty,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T18:31:39.068+0000) > > Oh, so the people that can 100% get everything out of a champ don't matter to the champions balance? > I am sorry that your average Silver Player isn't able to fully use Aatrox. Balancing champions around the top 200 will make the game miserable for the other 99%. So yes, it's really not up for a quality discussion. I EXPECT the top 200 to steam roll with their mains. The only Riven players at the top are Riven mains which is why her winrate is nuts (and still 56% winrate compared to your 61%). Still no answer for the fake stats you used to "prove" your shitty post. Maybe, just maybe if you wouldn't make such a low quali post I could agree with you. Honestly, if not for such a joke post, I would even consider upvoting because Riven IS an issue.
Divin1ty (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-08-14T17:14:53.385+0000) > > Where do you see those stats? When I use the same site it's the following: > Gold: 47,88% > Platinum: 48,63% > Diamond: 50,19% > Master: 25% > Grandmaster: 50% > Challenger 0% Look at the games played. I used last patch as source, not this. As you can see, there are only 26 Riven Games this Patch in Master, since the Patch **just came around**.
> [{quoted}](name=Divin1ty,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-08-14T17:55:35.349+0000) > > Look at the games played. > I used last patch as source, not this. > As you can see, there are only 26 Riven Games this Patch in Master, since the Patch **just came around**. So, you cry about the nerfs doing nothing but admit that the patch needs some time? Classic boards. How about crying _after_ the patch is out for a few days? Even using 9.15: There is no stat showing off a 60% winrate. Challenger shows 56% and that's pretty much only Riven mains playing her which is actually FAR from 61%. Also high winrates in challenger don't mean shit because the sample size is too small.
PotPye (NA)
: Free my boy Tahm Kench :(
Good. Dumpster him. Nobody wants to play against that shit champ. Not even pros.
FSRER (EUNE)
: Then let me give you another fact too There used to be a board section in "The Game" named gameplay+. There, there were stricter rules on threads and someone to post had to create a actually good thread with valid points and there was a healthy discussion going on. They removed that because supposedly it did not generate as many threads as they wanted aka called it dead and straight up removed it, while it was not. Did any Rioter ever read the post there? No. Were the posts good? Yes, very high quality ones.
And that's, like, your opinion, man. And yes, it was dead. I was on there and many posts barely had a few upvotes on them. There is RARELY a good post on gameplay. Art and Story boards barely have shitposts. For the discussions sake, I just scrolled through the front page sorted by "hot" and not a single post there has been ANY good to any problems. Maybe I skipped some but alone from titles (and content) it's just not worth it looking into these posts. See, I am all for Rioters being active on these boards. But I am not delusional enough to say that the gameplay boards are good or fine as they are now. You can't deny that OP just took Meddlers comment LINKED IT and ripped it out of context to extreme levels. People who complain go on boards, people who just like spend time with the community are on reddit. This is true for almost every game.
: Just a little something to the boards community.
Then lemme give you a fact too: The majority of the gameplay posts are pure trash. Another one? Everytime a red answers a gameplay post with some vague plan for the future EVERYONE takes it as "confirmed." They can't talk on there without anyone taking their sayings and ripping it out of context, which is why they stopped. Nobody wants to interact with such a toxic place. Also: Good job at taking Meddlers answer out of context. The guy literally said boards isn't as active as back then and people rather cry on reddit (which has a waaaaaay bigger user base) which is why Riot is also more active on reddit. You just confirmed one of my points. Nice.
Velasan (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FU40tVHx,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T01:32:19.299+0000) > > I think everyone should have atleast one main for every role. Usually people who played pre-roles (calling roles in chat days lmao) have a main for every role lol Ideally yeah. Back a few seasons ago you had to because it was just by pick order. There was no role selection. If you were last pick you could be anywhere. Funny now that you can select two roles people nearly have a heart attack if they get auto filled.
And autofill is really rare if you main anything that isn't mid. So, it doesn't even ruin as many games as people say it does. Especially if you get filled and you are the only one doing well. Can't be fill that ruined _that_ game lmao
Show more

HopeStartsWithU

Level 242 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion