GFREEMEN (NA)
: Akali NEEDS these nerfs. If you player her for 2k+ hours you can beat most ANYONE of your skill lvl. She is a TOXIC design. Same as Yasuo but actually worse. Her Safety, Mobility and Damage is just flat out toxic to the game Health.
> [{quoted}](name=GFREEMEN,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iFrYpTfE,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2020-01-19T01:30:15.180+0000) > > Akali NEEDS these nerfs. If you player her for 2k+ hours you can beat most ANYONE of your skill lvl. > > She is a TOXIC design. Same as Yasuo but actually worse. Her Safety, Mobility and Damage is just flat out toxic to the game Health. Rather, her Safety, Mobility and Damage are the new standard for the game. Look at Qiyana. 2 successive Aoe roots + Aoe stun + Burst + 2 dashes that come back every 6 second. Rather than bring down Akali, they should look for ways to bring other champions up, and this is exactly what's happening with champions like Cassio that have started to have unimaginable damage numbers (compensating for her low mobility). Regardless, the nerfs are just annoying and won't offer that much to people in solo queue, since people will just last pick Akali into a match-up where the lane opponent doesn't have an immobilizing spell. And even if her R2 will be slower and thus dodgeable, Akali players will just R2 while they're within the shroud, making it undodgeable. All I'm saying is, they should just nerf her damage instead of adding silly gimmicks over which Akali players can play around. Those gimmicks are more annoying than anything and force linear gameplay on the champion, which is terribly unfun. Heck if I have to R2 from within shroud every time, I'll do it. But it's fucking boring. PS if you play 4000 games on any champion, you will destroy everyone. The only reason why people think this is particularly true to Akali only is because she's played like a duelist and that most people only play to duel, whereas if you play a champion like Talon for 4000 games, I'm pretty sure you'll destroy everyone on the enemy team just as much. With Yasuo as well. With Fizz as well. With any champ.
: > [{quoted}](name=I3Iame,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iFrYpTfE,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2020-01-18T20:47:48.502+0000) > > Like I said, I don't care if she's overpowered or not, only if she's actually fun to play. Bro. Her shroud is and her impossible to dodge on 70 ping ulti is the biggest part of of what makes her OP. Like she still shits on 95% of the champs in the game. She just has some counterplay and doesn't auto win lane vs melee. She's still super oppressive and still has a top 5% kit with top 10% numbers and is a flex pick. Like the champ is bonkers and you're acting like giving he some minor counterplay guts her or removes her 18 dash and 15 move speed buffs
Tbh, I'm nowhere near as scared of facing an akali than I am with facing cassio / kassadin, but I guess everyone has their own matchups that they're good or bad with. Like I said, her shroud, I just walk away from and then back into after it fades away. Her ult is bullshit though, I totally agree. Shit's pretty fucken broken. No wonder it has a 180 sec cooldown. But they could've just nerfed her damage. So whatevers. Instead it's just a point and click now, which like I said, is boring as fuck. I don't mind if it's now slow and dodgeable. It's a point and click which is boring as fuck. I mean you can be pretty damn sure that after these 3 nerfs in a row in just one patch that she'll be balanced. Man I hope the board stays clean for all of 2020 after those nerfs, because I don't remember seeing something that huge in ages. Do remember though that old Akali had no CD on her ult and 3 point and click dashes that she could spam with no interruption. No one really cared though, because the damage wasn't as high as it currently is. So they could've just done that, but instead they're gonna keep the high damage / high cooldown gimmick. We'll just see how the changes go through, but tbh, it's just boring having to revert back to the same point and click ult, except with higher damage and high cooldown. Like I said, playing on 2 spells is boring as fuck.
: Her shroud is what makes akali so unfun to play against. The fact that if she gets CC'd then she just returns to her shroud like nothing happened is what people dont like about playing against her. People like Yi, Vayne and Yasuo all get completely shut down by hard CC, so why shouldnt Akali?
> [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iFrYpTfE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2020-01-18T17:51:31.497+0000) > > Her shroud is what makes akali so unfun to play against. > The fact that if she gets CC'd then she just returns to her shroud like nothing happened is what people dont like about playing against her. People like Yi, Vayne and Yasuo all get completely shut down by hard CC, so why shouldnt Akali? She already did though. I remember picking Qiyana / Diana / Annie / Maokai into Akali. Works perfectly fine already. It's gonna be a joke after the changes hit her. Her shroud was easy to play around given the high cooldown. I think Akali mostly obtained her kills through her ult. And the thing is that what makes Akali special is the shroud. So they could've just nerfed her ult, since she usually gets first blood through her ult anyway. Or they could've kept the shroud unique, but nerf it by making it different. Like, increasing the AoE zone of the shroud, but changing the effect into "champions inside the shroud only have vision of what is within the shroud" or something like that. Or they could've put a cap to how many times Akali could disappear and re appear, they could've increased the amount of time that she stays vulnerable. Instead we're getting "If you're playing against a champion that has immobilizing spells, you just won't have stealth during the entire laning phase". Like wtf kind of nerf is that? That's not a nerf. That's just destroying her W, period. Yea, people don't like the W? Just take it away. Perfectly fine. The worst part was that she was a balanced champ before the the Conqueror and Presence of Mind changes. People just want her to disappear because her shroud is unfun, when honestly I have a blast at running away when she shrouds and then going back in when the shroud is done. Most matchups are actually not that interactive and are usually all about whether or not I can go in or not and it just stays like that for 10 mins. Whereas with akali, you have clear moments where there's an opening and clear moments where you don't, and that alternates every 20 seconds. Talk about an "annoying" champ.
: Every Akali player- My champ is being nerfed from God Tier to S+ Tier this isn't fair REEEEEEEEE Every other league player- Yeah must suck /rolleyes
> [{quoted}](name=Worst JG Wins,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iFrYpTfE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2020-01-18T17:58:12.641+0000) > > Every Akali player- My champ is being nerfed from God Tier to S+ Tier this isn't fair REEEEEEEEE > Every other league player- Yeah must suck /rolleyes Like I said, I don't care if she's overpowered or not, only if she's actually fun to play.
: Kassadin and Akali arent OP or broekn! Time to admit the truth
And then they wonder why everyone wants to play mid.
Rioter Comments
ArezuAfar (EUNE)
: Riot, You Said Akali Will Recieve Changes Not Nerfs
I think it's just generally shitty to play a game with point and click champions. I think point and clicking is generally not fun, boring, offers no opportunity for skill nor counterplay. But eh. I guess a predictable R on Akali's ult will make things fun.
: > It's an ult. The only other "slow" execution ult is Draven's and that one has the potential to damage you twice while he can redirect the return point, so for that one, it makes sense to be slower, and even that will be faster than Akali's R. Lux ult has long cast time and can be sidestepped Ashe ult is slow and can be sidestepped Fizz ult is slow and can be sidestepped Pyke ult has cast time and can be sidestepped, although this one is harder No problem with being able to dodge a spell that kills you at 40% hp > Akali's R is an ultimate, and do I need to remind you again that it's one of the longest cooldowns in the game? Yes and even if her R1 only did 1 damage and was champion targeted, it would still be ok. Its 2 dashes, 2 instant passive procs and an execute > What other "2 free dashes"? E(the "small hop") and R2 > Bait it out How a, lets say, lvl 11 immobile mage supposed to force Akali to use her W defensively? Or an ADC with same level? Or a support? Also, why am I supposed to "bait" her W? Why can't Akali be forced to "bait" my CC and can instead dodge it with her dash sideways? > don't fight near it It would be nice if she couldn't just drop it from a range, run at me with bonus ms and hit her Q. When I see her using W, its not a "should i fight or back off for a while", its "im already dead unless im 1000+ range from her at that point" > And well, dodging stuff is the point. If you use it to dodge, it won't deal the damage nor activate her passive. That would be an argument if she had limited number of tools to deal damage. Say, Q with 10 sec cd. As it is now, she can afford to miss her E shuriken and both her Rs and still have enough damage to kill as well as enough mobility to run around in circles around her target
> [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Yf6mdZZA,comment-id=00010000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-17T17:14:27.462+0000) > > Lux ult has long cast time and can be sidestepped don't compare with a champ who will try to stun lock you every 8 second with her Q. Lux's ult used by someone who stuns you will not be escaped. (but often times zhonya'd)
: > If she is going to be revealed in her shroud so easily Because hitting a CC on a champion that is invisible, has 4 dashes and a lot of ms boosts is "so easy" > have a decaying movement speed for only 2 secs And 4 dashes, and 2 ms boosts on any spell she hits. Why should she even get a ms boost on her W? > Her R1 got changed to target champions but R1 does absolutely nothing Except that its a dash, and it procs her passive > Her R2 is even worst since the travel speed is severly reduced. So its actually possible to dodge?
People just actually don't know how to play against her. Believe it or not but I find laning against Akali fun when I pick Annie or Mao, or just in general. I know not everyone shares the same feeling, but I'm generally fine with it. I get tilted a lot more easily by Kassadin or Irelia, because they don't have 4 dashes. They have like... fucking... 10 dashes? But don't worry, Kassadin and Irelia will lose 5 movement speed while Akali just loses her entire kit on the go.
: Where are the female axe wielders at?
And this why you just buy Fire Emblem Three Houses, go for the Edelgard route and then call it a day {{sticker:leblanc-funny}}
: Let's talk: Akali - Boards vs Reality
You're 100% right. Riot is buffing / nerfing champions when the source of the problem are actually the goddamn runes. I really don't know what they're smoking these days but it's some really really good stuff.
LostCub (NA)
: Akali nerf 10.3
Honestly, just move to Diana, 2 point and click reliable dashes with a 14 second cooldown, extra resistance + aoe ult at 80 second CD. No tempo loss with high CDs, just full HAM. Less safety but who cares about safety when all you need to do is properly ward.
: > [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TGN4sEnE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2020-01-17T01:57:02.949+0000) > > This is a good direction for Akali. Making her R1 target not only makes her less safe, but also makes it more forgiving. You can't miss. It even gives you extra range to make sure you go past the target at max range. It lowers her skill floor and her skill ceiling, which is what Akali has needed since the start. > > By making her less safe, they are able to more confidently give her buffs that help everybody, not just pro players. Her safety is one of the things that made her so hard to balance for pro, since you could just blind pick her into whatever and she could perform. Personally, Akali's R is perfect right now (maybe nerf damage if need be). If the people who play her miss their R1, they just shouldn't be playing Akali or they should practice more. The fact that Riot needs to change Akali to make her R (of all abilities) easier shows that Riot doesn't know what they're doing. If you're good at Akali, you don't need the target, and if anything, makes her R1 unflashable which is even worse. Also, the majority of the people who play League aren't pros, so although changing champions to make sure she is less effective in pro play is good and all, most changes should be made because of the majority of the player base. Her safety is also her mobility, which is one of the main things Akali has going for her. She can't be caught and can outplay easily if you know what you are doing. The W nerfs are ok, but the ult nerf is just straight up dumb. The reason Akali has a HUGE cooldown is because of how strong it is. If they going to follow through with these changes, they should decrease the cooldown because of the nerf.
> [{quoted}](name=ChippieBoi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TGN4sEnE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2020-01-18T03:37:56.611+0000) > > The reason Akali has a HUGE cooldown is because of how strong it is. If they going to follow through with these changes, they should decrease the cooldown because of the nerf. This. Imagine having a point and click flashable ult at 160 seconds CD. And imagine having a W at 20 seconds CD that gets countered by immobilization. LOL Just fucking pick maokai against akali by this point and the lane's all yours.
LostCub (NA)
: Akali nerf 10.3
As an Akali main who's played her for well over 650k mastery points ever since she got reworked, I'm not touching her ever again if those changes actually appear. It's not even out of saltiness, it's just that I don't get the point over why I would play her by that point. I'll just do the usual and face it. Riot wants me to play Diana / Kassadin / Sylas / whatever the fuck they're buffing right now / +all their newly released champs. Fine. I'll play it. And wait for a year or two before Akali gets a revive. Stupid balance team.
: On that note, why do we need to have characters defined by their sexuality or its a part of their identity that constantly gets shoved in our faces? Can we not just have characters who have exciting stories or personalities? If their gay cool, if not also cool. The whole Varus thing felt like they just forced that change so they could be "inclusive" and with Neeko they kept bringing her being gay up instead of just leaving it to the character herself to suggest it. Every time a gay character gets added to a show or a game, it almost ends up being as a box ticker for the diverse cast checklist, instead of being a real organic character. With Neeko it would have been fine if they didn't address her sexuality constantly just to make sure people knew that they were being inclusive. Also, who is the second lesbian? Unless I missed something I thought it was just Neeko.
To be fair, most girls are low-key bisexual anyway. The fact that a game industry feels the need to make a lesbian character just for the sake of being inclusive shows a lack of general knowledge. By making it very clear to everyone that Neeko's lesbian, they're indirectly telling us that if they don't mention gender preference that their characters are thereby heterosexual. Which is kinda fucked up. But eh. Promotion campaign. Gotta promote the character for what she is. They didn't really have a choice if their objective was to have at least ONE self-declared lesbian character in the game.
Naalith (NA)
: The only female character who has been unnecessarily sexualized since Elise's release (and btw, a good argument could be made that Elise's sexualization is perfect for her character and not just fan service) is Kai'sa, who everyone universally hates design and lore wise. Every other attractive female character is justified by their story. Qiyana is a haughty teenager/young adult who thinks she is perfect and flaunts her power, perfect outfit. Evelynn is the most justified of all the female champions. Other than that, like I said, it's been since season 2. Meanwhile, every humanish male who has been released since like Braum has been oversexualized. Some champions like Lee and Varus whose splashes weren't that thirst baity were even retrofitted to be shirtless 6 pack dude bros. Sylas was in prison since he was a child but looks like John Cena for some reason. Rakan makes sense with his lore, but why does a shadow assassin like Kayn not wear clothes? Aphelios is like the only dude who isn't an animal or creature in the last 6 or 7 years who is actually wearing clothes. I get people will still say that male players get fan service and Riot oversexualizes all women because a lot of the older female champions still fit that model, but we're talking about a practice that was discontinued 8 years ago (minus Kai'sa, who received massive backlash for her shoddy narrative justification for looking like she does). However, Riot has been stretching justification for male sexualization for years and no one acknowledges it. Braum makes sense and was immensely popular both in and out of game, then they just decided to hit the ya yeet button and make every male champion like that forever whether it makes sense for their lore or not.
> [{quoted}](name=Naalith,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=w9Yb6ajk,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2020-01-14T21:08:18.155+0000) > > Kai'sa, who everyone universally hates design and lore wise. That's not the reaction that I saw from people who've watched the last video.
: Diana is so broken...
Diana's busted in some ways but she still has weaknesses. Namely, if she gets a lead, you're fucked. Like your entire team is fucked. A Diana who knows what she's doing and starts to get a kill every 1 / 2 minutes and does that for the next 10 minutes will absolutely destroy your team at the 20 minute mark. On the other hand, if you manage to beat Diana in lane, then she'll be 100% useless for her team later on. She's not like Akali or Katarina, who can lose lane and go 1/5 but suddenly gets a penta on a random roam or teamfight, and suddenly shits on everyone. Diana's biggest weaknesses are that: 1 she has no escape and 2. she's a stat checker. A lot of people absolutely hate stat checkers because it can become impossible to deal with them if they're too fed. But that's just the harsh reality of the entire concept. If you play Annie and get fed, you're a stat checker, you one shot people out of nowhere, and they get really pissed and start spamming ff in chat. But that's just the way it is, and people have to get used it. PS But on the idea of stat checking, I find it kinda awkward how that's actually been toned down given that now she has more dodgeable damage than before. People are complaining about the R being "too hard to dodge", but before the rework you couldn't dodge anything if she hit you with her Q. It's only after the rework that some of her damage became dodgeable. And for those who say you can't flash the R because your flash is on a 300 second cooldown. Get zonhya's? Get creative? I don't know. I've been playing Diana a lot and people get out of my Rs many times. You at least have to try. Right now her ult probably deals around 200-300 damage, so if you dodge that thing, you're gonna have a much higher chance at winning against her all in. You also have many counters to Diana that are really meta. Mord for instance is a big one, since Mord is an AP fighter like Diana, only he boasts more damage. + Doran's shield really helps against Diana's Q spam. Obviously if you're playing an AP mage, you're gonna have a hard time against Diana, but that's pretty much always going to be the case for any mage that has to fight an assassin. If you're playing Syndra against Zed, you're NOT supposed to win lane. Going neutral in that match-up would only suggest that you're actually winning rather than going neutral. Tldr - she's broken, but at least make sure that you're playing well, because she's not the only "broken champ" in this game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Is So Chill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E4ngLBeZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2020-01-12T20:47:50.768+0000) > > An AP burst assassin mage bruiser carry whose core item is Nashor's Tooth so as to optimize her passive, her AP ratios, and her ability to eliminate enemies while simultaneously melting objectives. Her only weakness is that she has no escapes once she commits to a fight; so she over compensates by becoming a living nuclear bomb and anything that survives is unable to escape the inevitable fallout that is her spammable dash. > > She is one of the most overloaded champions in the game right now. Lol her core item is no longer nashors tooth, people just spam RoA now cause it makes her even more abusable.
> [{quoted}](name=The X ecutioner ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E4ngLBeZ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2020-01-12T22:36:44.982+0000) > > Lol her core item is no longer nashors tooth, people just spam RoA now cause it makes her even more abusable. Actually RoA sucks ass because it moves her power spike to later on in the game, when actually you should just go for Luden's that way you can shit on everyone early on in the game and mass farm the entire map.
: Let's be real, we all know it's the truth.
Don't know if this is a troll post or serious...
Jucy (EUW)
: Can't open my "Sett's calling card"
Yep, can't open the card, so I buy Sett anyways with BE. Later find out the card was meant to give me Sett for free. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} really?...
: What was the point of the Diana changes?
The change was done because Diana basically wasn't really a champion until she hit level 6. The same thing was happening to Kayle, who was too weak in the early stages of the game, so they buffed her early and nerfed her late. Overall, all champions who are too weak early are problematic, because games close faster nowadays than they used to in previous seasons. Not only that, but this also means that the newer champions that are released are adapted to the current meta. Diana was thus outdated and updated by being activated at level 2 or 3 rather than just level 6. I must've accumulated almost a million mastery points on Diana before her re-work, so yes, there's a problem with muscle memory adaptation on the E - R swap, but overall, this was a straight buff for her and has made her much more viable in ranked. For 2 years I had stopped maining her in ranked and would only pick her to counter certain champs (short range casters like Annie). But now I can main her again and pick her almost everytime whenever she's available even as a blind pick. So yea, I'm overall superhappy to be able to play my old main once again! ^^
: Red side has a full 2% higher winrate than Blue side. What's up with that?
Rewt (NA)
: How do Europeans deal with the Language barrier in league
People just speak English on the EUW server. Gaming vocab is usually pretty straightforward and basic. Either you're talking about a spell (QWER / ult), map element, or insulting someone.
LeAzir (NA)
: Diana has a bit too much of everything
Diana's busted if built with ardent censor / nashor's tooth / using zhonya right after activating her ult. However, her dash actually does deal a low amount of damage in my opinion. If I'm correct, it's the spell that deals the less amount of damage (excluding her W that mostly acts as a shield) which is good since it's a point and click spell that opponents can't dodge. So I'm kind of curious as to why that would have to be nerfed, considering her damage mostly comes from her Passive now (and on-hit auto damage). As for her Q, considering it's a skillshot, it should be a big source of damage (to reward players for good aiming). Diana is also intended to have good wave clear so that she can roam faster. So, the damage on her Q is actually there to support that fast wave clear. If damage would have to be toned down on her it would rather have to be on either the passive damage / atk speed / or her ult. They may very well for instance lower the damage for a single target on her ult, but increase the additional damage per champion hit by it to decrease her 1v1 strength but compensate it by increasing her tf strength. However, I'd be sad if they touched her passive / attack speed currently, as I'm having so much fun playing Diana with attack speed (I always wanted Diana to be that way, and now it's finally the case). In my opinion her damage / AP scaling is in a good spot right now. People just build full damage these days, it's normal if people are getting one shot by Diana. Her scaling was even stronger before the rework actually. People who get one shot just need to buy banshee's / Maw of Malmortius, or something like that. I think it's normal for a champ that is only carrying damage items to die really fast, even if diana's kindof 'bruiser' orientated. After all, Diana doesn't actually excel as a bruiser (Irelia will most often times always win vs Diana in extended trades). Strangely enough, if we pushed her more as a bruiser, she would end up being too similar to Irelia in my opinion. I'm happy having a half burst / half bruiser champ. ^^ (though as you said she's a lot more burst than just half burst, just the rework has already given away some of her burst, so I'd be scared to go down even deeper into that road. It would feel like the champ would sort of lose its identity).
Doodlzzz (NA)
: You guys avoid redemption like it's the plague
To be fair, Riot kinda made redemption look like it's some kind of tactical nuke about to land on you with those circles. They could've done something more... something more... heavenly. Idk.
: Please give us a bigger emotes wheel!!!
Would be a shame if these extra slots could be bought with RP. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEH MWUAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
wCTed (EUW)
: Guys You are absolutely right if u are hardstuck . now i understand you
At a 73% winrate you're probably even skipping divisions. This thread's weird.
: > [{quoted}](name=I3Iame,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sIIEBNFk,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-12-12T13:12:31.835+0000) > > I can agree about the level 2 combo not being that great, which is why I mostly only go in on them right when they use their spells on minions or if they miss it on me. I also have to mention that since I have less mana issues than before, and that I can actually pressure the map at earlier levels, that I end up taking ignite which does add some kill potential compared to before where I pretty much depended on the level 6 powers pike with teleport. So she definitely shifted from being a defensive champ pre 6 to being an agressive champ. Her early levels have to be played differently. > > I do however 100% disagree on what you say about her ult. I consistently shit on people in a major way, especially in teamfights because I somehow always manage to catch multiple targets at the same time. How am I not supposed to catch multiple targets when I have a double dash??… You don't need a hard engage to follow up on. You are the hard engage that people follow up on. Or you can follow up it's up to you really. > > Idk, maybe you're really used to the older diana. Really, so far I'm doing super fine. And no it's not in bronze queue, it's in D4, and I'm currently running the promos for D3. > > There were some real benefits with older Diana. Especially on match ups like Katarina where being able to CC her would pretty much destroy her. But having an early double dash makes it so that targets can't escape if you do a stat check that's going to kill them. Same if you roam with your jungler. I also don't understand how you can say that ranged champs fuck her up, when the truth is that she does better vs ranged champs now than before, since she can actually jump on them, whereas before she would just get kited. Don't go telling me that you would go into them with an E with old Diana? Unless if as you say, you were playing against bronze mages… > > I still use my ult to cancel channels… I know it's at a 90 second cooldown, but I still do it… Yasuo tornadoes me, I R him and cancel the ult... > > Some of the stuff you say just seems pretty contradictory to me. Why are you lying kid ? last time you played diana in ranked was 19 days ago and you only played ONE game in NORMAL after the rework. Go and spread your BS to someone who can't search your account history.
> [{quoted}](name=Deputy Girl,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sIIEBNFk,comment-id=0003000000000001,timestamp=2019-12-12T14:38:52.986+0000) > > Why are you lying kid ? last time you played diana in ranked was 19 days ago and you only played ONE game in NORMAL after the rework. > Go and spread your BS to someone who can't search your account history. Why assume that I'm playing on my main? https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Mistletainn You want me to actually relog on my smurf now?
mirAcIe (EUW)
: Make it an option to show champion names instead of player names above the healthbar
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=I3Iame,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sIIEBNFk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-12T10:08:42.189+0000) > > I've played 3 games with her since rework. Won all of them. You can roam at level 2-3, contest jungle, get scuttle crab, apply pressure on enemy laner instead of being helpless, and even if her CDs are increased and her past spells' damage reduced, she has an extra spell to compensate that acts like a freaking execute if you hit 3+ ppl with it. > > I don't know if you're playing her well... Are you playing against Bronze players? Her level 2-3 is still almost just as bad as it was before, unless you're playing against some weird off meta champion. If you Q + E pre-6, you'll just immediately eat CC and get hit their entire kit point blank as they back up to the turret. You no longer have any form of slow or CC to stop them from getting away and following up with auto/passive damage, and all of your damage is gimped, so you lose the trade. She still gets shit on by ranged champions poking her when she goes to CS, and her shield was straight nerfed, so she's even more vulnerable to being poked. You also now only have one kill window every 100 seconds, vs. old Diana who had 24/7 kill windows as long as she landed Q. Consistent burst damage was 10x better than this watered down burst damage that is also avoidable via Flash or dashes. The team fighting aspect of her ult is also pretty pointless unless the enemy team is completely unaware and immobile, and you have a hard engage to follow up on (lmfao in solo queue), because you'll often just be disengaged or immediately killed before the damage drops. Added bonus, you now get shit on by channeling/dashing champions, because you no longer have E to interrupt them.
> [{quoted}](name=Yenn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sIIEBNFk,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-12T10:22:50.694+0000) > > Her level 2-3 is still almost just as bad as it was before, unless you're playing against some weird off meta champion. If you Q + E pre-6, you'll just immediately eat CC and get hit their entire kit point blank as they back up to the turret. You no longer have any form of slow or CC to stop them from getting away and following up with auto/passive damage, and all of your damage is gimped, so you lose the trade. > > She still gets shit on by ranged champions poking her when she goes to CS, and her shield was straight nerfed, so she's even more vulnerable to being poked. I can agree about the level 2 combo not being that great, which is why I mostly only go in on them right when they use their spells on minions or if they miss it on me. I also have to mention that since I have less mana issues than before, and that I can actually pressure the map at earlier levels, that I end up taking ignite which does add some kill potential compared to before where I pretty much depended on the level 6 powers pike with teleport. So she definitely shifted from being a defensive champ pre 6 to being an agressive champ. Her early levels have to be played differently. > The team fighting aspect of her ult is also pretty pointless unless the enemy team is completely unaware and immobile, and you have a hard engage to follow up on (lmfao in solo queue), because you'll often just be disengaged or immediately killed before the damage drops. I do however 100% disagree on what you say about her ult. I consistently shit on people in a major way, especially in teamfights because I somehow always manage to catch multiple targets at the same time. How am I not supposed to catch multiple targets when I have a double dash??… You don't need a hard engage to follow up on. You are the hard engage that people follow up on. Or you can follow up it's up to you really. Idk, maybe you're really used to the older diana. Really, so far I'm doing super fine. And no it's not in bronze queue, it's in D4, and I'm currently running the promos for D3. There were some real benefits with older Diana. Especially on match ups like Katarina where being able to CC her would pretty much destroy her. But having an early double dash makes it so that targets can't escape if you do a stat check that's going to kill them. Same if you roam with your jungler. I also don't understand how you can say that ranged champs fuck her up, when the truth is that she does better vs ranged champs now than before, since she can actually jump on them, whereas before she would just get kited. Don't go telling me that you would go into them with an E with old Diana? Unless if as you say, you were playing against bronze mages… > Added bonus, you now get shit on by channeling/dashing champions, because you no longer have E to interrupt them. I still use my ult to cancel channels… I know it's at a 90 second cooldown, but I still do it… Yasuo tornadoes me, I R him and cancel the ult... Some of the stuff you say just seems pretty contradictory to me.
Dantenial (EUNE)
: Bee Queen Lissandra skin
I'm perfectly fine with Coven Lissandra tbh. Don't need any other skin now. However I do need a Coven skin for each and every single other champion that exists in the game now. How about Coven Diana. Coven Akali. Coven Mord :v
Süjo (NA)
: The Truth about DIana Rework, The Hugest Nerf that i've seen.
I've played 3 games with her since rework. Won all of them. You can roam at level 2-3, contest jungle, get scuttle crab, apply pressure on enemy laner instead of being helpless, and even if her CDs are increased and her past spells' damage reduced, she has an extra spell to compensate that acts like a freaking execute if you hit 3+ ppl with it. I don't know if you're playing her well...
: He's too simple tho. He doesn't have reliable engage or cc = kinda garbage in this meta
> [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hIGWbxQE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-12T03:14:04.838+0000) > > He's too simple tho. He doesn't have reliable engage or cc = kinda garbage in this meta also lacks mobility imo.
GFREEMEN (NA)
: This is what Diana 2.0 is
Depends on how you look at it. But I don't think that will be the case since Diana's double dash will be here at level 2 instead of level 6. Also, old Akali had single target damage whereas this diana will one shot an entire team with all her aoes. So the dashes make them look alike, but what's gonna happen when Diana jumps on their target will be totally different, given the fact that Diana is also a lot more tanky than a random assassin.
Rioter Comments
AdamrCc (EUW)
: Play a champion with tons of aoe or someone like {{champion:55}} who can hit you through the shroud. If you're playing an immobile champion against her, you're fucked and there's nothing you can do about it.
> [{quoted}](name=AdamrCc,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPExhL7N,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-12-06T22:20:52.308+0000) > > Play a champion with tons of aoe or someone like {{champion:55}} who can hit you through the shroud. > > If you're playing an immobile champion against her, you're fucked and there's nothing you can do about it. There's also {{champion:131}} + she's relatively easy to pick up. {{champion:38}} outscales. But chances are he'll be banned. {{champion:420}} works {{champion:1}} works. {{champion:82}} works, but it can be kinda hard.
: How do you deal with Akali?
You have to dodge her Qs, that way she won't be able to generate energy. Do so by moving forward when you're about to farm a minion and then turn back at the last second (basically don't farm ALL the minions). Do this for 2 of her Qs in a row and you should be able to move in and fight her. Also force her when she does those Qs to do it where there are some of your own minions, that way she's forced to push the lane as she's poking you, creating a harder lane for her, a potential gank for your jungler, and making you farm from a safer position in lane. Her E. Dodge it. Always. No one should be getting hit by her E. Just stand behind your own minions, and make sure that they can't be Q'd for her to then chain on an E. If you dodge her E, it's on a 18 second cooldown. Look to fight her. Same if she used her shroud. 20 second cooldown. Look to fight her. When Akali gets her R, things get more complicated. You basically have to play defensive, and when she uses it, look to fight her afterwards as it's on a 150 second cooldown. Akalis usually have to alternate between defensive play and offensive play because of the cooldowns. However, when she gets her gunblade, play really safe. Just, play really safe if she has gunblade, because that's the moment in the game where she's at her strongest. Usually around like level 8-10.
MiLuKi (NA)
: Is murdering considered ok? Can't tell. Saw a tv show where someone murdered and got away with it.
> [{quoted}](name=MiLuKi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Al3Q4nN2,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-12-06T01:04:26.976+0000) > > Is murdering considered ok? Can't tell. Saw a tv show where someone murdered and got away with it. lmao {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: This is embarrassing but I don't know how to build items correctly
But you're right about asking. I know for a fact that there are situations in which lethality jhin is better than crit jhin, but I don't know more than the fact that the two are good depending on the situation. Go ask the question in reddit imo.
: This is embarrassing but I don't know how to build items correctly
Go watch some of Kobbe's games. Also, try out different runes. I saw that you play with fleet of footwork. That's good if you want some sustain, but getting electrocute is also another possibility if you want to win a fight in just 2 trades. I personally always felt that fleet of footwork isn't worth it on Jhin, unless if you're on a bad match up, except jhin doesn't really have bad match ups considering his early game is super strong compared to that of the majority of other adcs. Only problem with Jhin is that he naturally pushes harder. So I would much rather take an offensive rune, out-trade the opponent, that way you can take a 3v2 if the enemy jungler comes (or... their lane is so weak that he knows he'd die ganking so he just doesn't gank anymore). You could even try aery for all I care if your only objective is to do 1 auto and then run away. But obviously AA + Q + AA on electrocute is hard to beat in terms of damage.
Artican (NA)
: Riot's Focus Has Shifted
????? What are you talking about. There always were client issues. Nothing shifted at all. And preseason was always an unbalanced period too... You haven't actually stated any legitimate proof. For all we know, they could've just increased their staff to work on other projects, which they most likely did since in the recent years Riot has been consistently hiring more people. I wouldn't say that the game has become "fun based", more like they've made the games shorter because apparently now everyone on the planet has ADHD.
: In a 5v5 Akali shroud in your back line is far superior to anything any other assassin can do, you can’t ignore the Akali cause she will kill one of your carries but you also can’t ignore the other 4 champions on the other team but you can’t really do anything to stop the Akali, I agree her ult is super powerful but her shroud gives her so much flexibility in situations most assassins couldn’t function in, its a lot harder to just walk away from a 5v5 then a 1v1 and Akali can likely kill you without using shroud In a 1v1, the power is in how she is allowed to position in fights unlike any other champion that’s what frustrates me about her shroud
To each their opinion. I've never had a super hard time vs akali. Even less in teamfights, since she can get CC chained and 1 shot if your team sends their shit on her. I have a much harder time defending my carry against stuff like Zed / Katarina / Leblanc who I feel have shit tons of burst and have blinks instead of dashes. Even a good Zoe sometimes seems impossible to stop. Idk. To each their own really. I probably just play well against her because I have 650k on her.
: > That doesn't literally counter everything about him 1. Skarner is currently a CC ult bot. 2. QSS eliminates CC. 1+2= Therefore, QSS counters literally everything that makes him useful. In comparison, Akali has 4 dashes and passive ms; and she can burst a carry with half rotation. Why the fuck does a champion like that need a stealth? Keep in mind, winning a 1 v1 against a Juggernaut in late game isn't a valid answer. She is an assasin, she SHOULDN'T be able to have 1/3 as many good matchups in toplane as she has now. If an assasin (a class that specializes in destroying squishies) is holding her own in a line where 90% people isn't squishy, there is something REALLY wrong. It's the equivalent of a hypercarry beating a Renekton at level 3.
Dude, akali does not have stealth she is the stealth. She's a ninja with a smoke bomb. Also, there are a lot of hypercarries that beat Renekton at level 3. Yasuo for instance. Idk. Feels normal to me.
: I feel like you’re severely underestimating the power her shroud has in teamfights
I don't. I think her shroud is really strong. But her ult gives her a guaranteed kill. So I'm surprised people are complaining about a shroud that can be countered by walking away when her getting a free kill every R seems to be ok. Actually, some of the best shrouds are used when she has her ult, since she's able to get behind someone and shroud on their escape route. I really can't stress enough how weird it is to complain about a spell that one can just walk away from. I've played akali for 2 whole seasons (totaled 650k on her). Whenever I end up playing against an akali, I don't get fucked by her shroud. I get fucked by her ult. But idk.
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: Old akali didn't have such a big issue because smokescreen had a much lower area and her Q and passive didn't give her an instant death radius. But of course, it was **that** version that was cancer and **this** version that is ok. At least if you ask all the new akali mains.
Old W gave you a blink. Idk why you'd want her to have an extra dash all of a sudden.
ArezuAfar (EUNE)
: Lets end these women's whole career. {{champion:84}} {{champion:28}}
{{champion:246}} dodging the list like a boss
makkii (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KnightLakega,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=afqItML8,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-28T02:55:39.630+0000) > > Dude.. She has some mobility, not alot.. Zed has way more, Ekko, leblanc has like 9x her range on multiple skills.. > > Akali is extremely simple to know how to counter her.. Stay away from her shround, when she puts it down, back off. Fight her when her shroud is on cool down she's extremely vulnerable.. > > Her only mobility is in her E, literally 1 skill not counting her ult, which also has a 2 second cd between the second use.. She is so easy to pin down.. When you see her E you, wait fo r her to press it again and bind her half way in, she has to come straight at you.. > > She's extremely vulnerable, and extremely easy to pin down and blow up, unlike zed, ekko, leblanc, and a plethora of other champs... > > Hell Shaco is 10x more difficult to peg down because he has true stealth and can travel anywhere, and he gets a clone to trick you easily to get away, with a built in blink on his stealth.. > > YOu want to talk about overloaded assassins that are too safe? Zed, Shaco, and leblanc need to be looked at before Akali gets touched. you know you're being disingenuous, when you say akali has little mobility. yeah she has her e, which is a dash away and a dash back, she has her R, she has a massive speed boost on her passive, and a massive speed boost on her shroud, this is all discounting the slipperiness she gets on shroud. All that paired with the fact that she has enough inherent burst in her kit that she gets to run Fleet Footwork instead of electrocute unlike pretty much every other character that plays even remotely similar to her. when you pair that with the fact that she has an EXTREMELY safe laning phase due to the fact of the aforementioned fleet footwork mixed with the fact that shes an AP scaling manaless champion which allows her to use doran's shield instead of ring. theres really no way to defend the safety of playing akali or try to derail the idea that shes mobile, shes very mobile. you're right that shes not the MOST mobile, but when she is as sufficiently mobile as she is, does it really make sense that she gets true stealth on top of it? no it fucking doesnt. unlike other people here im not even suggesting they mess with the stealth on shroud, but her moblity on top of that makes her way too safe.
Tbh though, Diana's gonna stomp Akali if the changes go through. Imo, she already does. I don't think people are paying attention to the right champs if they're concerned about Akali. Akali has high survivability. Probably one of the best in my opinion. But surviving isn't always enough to win in a solo game. It's a trade off over taking a champ that can hard snowball. (ie: why take a champ that waits 150 seconds to have her double dash ult when diana's gonna have a double dash every 8s... -> survibability trade off for snowball).
: holy crap, you guys are trying to actually obliterate the champion, and the fact that you got upvoted so much is sad . No wonder riot stays away from boards.
If I was a Riot employee, I know I definitely wouldn't touch the board.
: Stealth shouldn’t be a mechanic at all. There is no counterplay to “haha you can’t see me but I can still see you!”
Idk why you're complaining about her Shroud. The broken thing on her kit isn't the shroud, as you can just walk away when she uses it, since it's an aoe shroud, not a shroud that actually follows her, which is why unlike other invis mechanics, it actually IS something that you can counter. By right clicking away from the freaking shroud. Twitch or evelynn's invis have a much shorter cooldown and apply on the champion, which is 10x more broken than a zone invis, which is why they get revealed by control wards. Both are different invis mechanics, and it actually makes sense for it to be countered differently. You can't just let a champ who has aoe invis get countered by someone just buying a pink ward. How easy do people want this game to be? PS, the only broken thing about her kit isn't her shroud, it's her ult. Whenever she has her ult, she has a kill if played well, basically. Now that, however, is broken.
: > [{quoted}](name=KnightLakega,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=afqItML8,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-28T03:02:12.396+0000) > > You wot ? lmao.... > > You know how to beat akali? stay close to her lol... She has to activate her passive by moving away from you then back at you. If you match her speed gg... she literally can't activate her passive where a majority of her damage comes from.. > > Even if she E's, wait for her to activate it again and get an easy as hell bind in as she comes tumbling straight at you, then wreck her day up... > > She is literally the easiest champion of all assassins and bursters to counter, and you odn't even need to spend gold to do it, unlike ekko, zed, leblanc, etc. all which require 1000's of gold to counter them.. STAY CLOSE TO HER 4HEAD. Ignore her Q 50% slow 4HEAD Ignore her shroud 40% MS boost 4head You are too delusional lmao. HEY GUYS JUST STAY CLOSE AND WRECK HER! ITS TO EASY CHALLENGER PLAYERS CAN'T THINK OF IT 4HEAD
You can just dodge her Q. (Or rather, just bait it) Move towards her, and right before you enter her Q range, stop moving. She'll waste her Q on nothing. It's not that hard. If you don't know how to create an advantageous situation for yourself then that's your problem, not the champion's.
Show more

I3Iame

Level 290 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion