: I love the effect that Pro play has on low elos :)
Neeko does have a valid on-hit play-style
Nazgul10 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4wqVRhr2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-05T17:46:49.963+0000) > > When I came back to League in season 9 after taking a break, I was floored to see the game notorious for ridiculous snowballing was changed so that turrets give even more gold throughout their lifetime. I thought I was drunk when I first saw it happen. I'm pretty sure turret plates giving gold is the worst singular change League has ever had. Can you guess why they added them? Because people were complaining turrets were made of paper. Imagine them saying "Turrets are made of paper, what should we do?!" And they respond "give them more gold lel" I honestly don't fucking understand the logic anymore. The game is so trash right now that I can't even enjoy ARURF anymore. Me. URF. If you ask any of my friends that they'd honestly think that you either don't know me or you are completely delusional.
The plates were needed; an semi-elegant solution that stopped early game steamrolls but didn't just increase turtling into mid- and endgame. Attaching gold rewards onto plates was a shit idea and flipped the effect of the plates on its head.
: Turret plating is honestly the worst thing I've ever seen added to the game next to rng scuttles
Turret plating **Gold** is honestly the worst thing I've ever seen added to the game next to rng scuttles Plating on its own is fine
man of tin (EUNE)
: I'm certain this will be an unpopular comment, but I'd also like to see more legendary skins in the vein of Gentleman Cho'Gath, they don't necessarily have to be silly but I want to see more legendary skins that change a champion's character almost completely like that one did (from a twisted but cunning abomination to a sophisticated gentleman). The latest legendaries like Project Pyke and Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan are literally just the exact same characters in a different universe with small alterations to their personalities, I wanna spend my money on legendary skins that completely reimagine champions with new personalities but still have small hints of their original selves hidden here and there to keep them recognizable instead of 'Pyke who still has his memory loss problem and seeks revenge but this time he's a robot so it's different'.
To be kinda fair, SG Rakan has a very different character to base Rakan; however it really doesn't fit him, **at all**.....
Lapis (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=IainG10,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-09-02T15:19:04.884+0000) > > Whilst I do agree with the principle that you/anyone should have to read shit like that, if it's a matter of resources, I'd rather they went to trolling/inting/afking, because those have actual effects on the game itself, not just the players. > > I would recommend if you are having a bad day, just insta-mute all, because this community has sunk into a pit of toxicity from which it will _never_ escape This is an interesting thing you said. I don't believe it's a matter of resources, because identifying verbal toxicity is mostly automated these days, while identifying trolling and inting has to be done by an actual person, as far as I know. It's natural that more people are going to be punished by the system than the people. afking is a different story, because that's picked up most of the time by the system as well. It's easy to tell when someone's not doing anything. There's always those cases where people are going to try to get around the system, and the system is getting better at detecting that, but those fringe cases are manually checked, as far as I know Now that that's out of the way, if it WAS theoretically a matter of resources, I'd have to disagree with you. I'd rather they put the effort into the toxicity part, because like you said, it affects the players, not just the game. The game is temporary. It's over in about 40 minutes. Sure you'd prefer to win, that's natural. But once a game's over, you just queue up for a new one, and the result from the last game ceases to matter. Unless there are people who really dwell on it, I suppose? But as far as I can understand, after a few more games, are you even gonna remember whether you won or lost this one game? Words, however, that can stick with a person. It can cause them real psychological harm. Temporary harm, but still harm, and that's not okay for a person to do to another person. Like, for example. I'm a person who got bullied in their youth, so for the most part I got good at not taking things to heart. However, there are still some things that people have said to me in this game that I occasionally remember and it puts me in a bad mood for a while. It's a minor example, but my point is that a person is more likely to remember stuff like that than the outcome of a game Okay, that ended up being a bit long, please forgive me for that! I just thought it might be helpful to express my feelings here
> [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00140000,timestamp=2019-09-02T15:36:52.366+0000) > > This is an interesting thing you said. I don't believe it's a matter of resources, because identifying verbal toxicity is mostly automated these days, while identifying trolling and inting has to be done by an actual person, as far as I know. It's natural that more people are going to be punished by the system than the people. afking is a different story, because that's picked up most of the time by the system as well. It's easy to tell when someone's not doing anything. There's always those cases where people are going to try to get around the system, and the system is getting better at detecting that, but those fringe cases are manually checked, as far as I know > > Now that that's out of the way, if it WAS theoretically a matter of resources, I'd have to disagree with you. I'd rather they put the effort into the toxicity part, because like you said, it affects the players, not just the game. The game is temporary. It's over in about 40 minutes. Sure you'd prefer to win, that's natural. But once a game's over, you just queue up for a new one, and the result from the last game ceases to matter. Unless there are people who really dwell on it, I suppose? But as far as I can understand, after a few more games, are you even gonna remember whether you won or lost this one game? > > Words, however, that can stick with a person. It can cause them real psychological harm. Temporary harm, but still harm, and that's not okay for a person to do to another person. Like, for example. I'm a person who got bullied in their youth, so for the most part I got good at not taking things to heart. However, there are still some things that people have said to me in this game that I occasionally remember and it puts me in a bad mood for a while. It's a minor example, but my point is that a person is more likely to remember stuff like that than the outcome of a game > > Okay, that ended up being a bit long, please forgive me for that! I just thought it might be helpful to express my feelings here I put much more value in the game than the individual player, but I acknowledge that I play Ranked exclusively and have a pretty thick skin, and not everyone has the same priorities as me. Whilst chat toxicity is easier to automate, there are some issues cropping up with things like different languages (there was that recent issue highlighted where an insta-ban phrase actually means something completely innocuous in Danish).
: Why are there so many "Riot should not focus on toxicity" threads right now??
Whilst I do agree with the principle that you/anyone should have to read shit like that, if it's a matter of resources, I'd rather they went to trolling/inting/afking, because those have actual effects on the game itself, not just the players. I would recommend if you are having a bad day, just insta-mute all, because this community has sunk into a pit of toxicity from which it will _never_ escape
Lapis (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=FURRY V2,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-02T11:48:27.134+0000) > > Okay, so... > Now you have a _*~~boyfriend~~*_, _***~~girlfriend~~***_ or _**~~%%%%%%%~~**_? > > _(Yes, riot is racist and censors the name of the gender which looks like a female but with a male tool.)_ I didn't want to reply to you, because I don't think this will end well. But OP said they have a boyfriend. They also said they had a friend who uses female pronouns, this would logically be a different person. Also, Riot doesn't censor the word transgender, so I'm guessing whatever you tried to type was a transphobic slur, based on your definition of the word you tried to type.
> [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-02T12:18:48.589+0000) > > I didn't want to reply to you, because I don't think this will end well. But OP said they have a boyfriend. They also said they had a friend who uses female pronouns, this would logically be a different person. Also, Riot doesn't censor the word transgender, so I'm guessing whatever you tried to type was a transphobic slur, based on your definition of the word you tried to type. And also that technically isn't racism, it's transphobia....
Terozu (NA)
: If you're taking dark harvest on either you're playing very sub optimally. I play Lux as intended, a crowd control oriented support. An exhaust into a binding light into a Lucent Singularity will zone pretty much anyone. I take exhaust. Because I'm a support main. I play Janna, Sona, Lux, Lulu and more. I've played support with virtually every champ in the game for fun. If you're not taking exhaust you're not playing to support.
I play a lot of Lux Supp; and like you it's actually as a Supp (W-Max CC bot with Aery in my case), but I still run Ignite for the early Heal Block. I pop it at the start of the fight on the ADC, not to secure the kill, but purely to stop them healing/being healed. Exhaust is certainly a viable option, but at least in mid Elos, Ignite is not unviable either. That said anyone who takes Dark Harvest Lux as a 'Support' is very much doing it wrong....
Terozu (NA)
: As a supp main I can actually agree with you for once moody, exhaust is extremely impactful, not only in team fights but in lane and normal ganks. It can be the difference between an enemy double kill and an allied triple. You can use it to catch, to run, to set up cc chains, etc and etc. It's a utility spell that just works. And it only gets stronger as you climb higher.
The only problem with taking it is you lose the early game Grievous Wounds from not having Ignite. I cannot count the number of times an early Heal-block has won my ADC First Blood, and completely cucking a Sona/Nami/Soraka/Yuumi that has counterpicked my poke Support is always a good feeling. Certainly all you have said is true, but as advice for people not so high in Elo, Ignite is far more forgiving than Exhaust in terms of proper use; Exhaust you have to pop _before_ an enemy gets their combo off, Ignite just has to be in a fight before the enemy pops Heal. In higher Elos sure, Exhaust shines through because people are better at dodging skillshots and calculating risks, so *someone* can get a GW item before the enemy are too fed to contain with it, and there are just fewer good uses of early Heal-block.
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: Yummi has no real counterplay when tethered to a juggernaut
My answers to the Stat-Cat as a Supp Main are Leona or Veigar; both hold an enemy in one place for a long time. If Yuumi leaves her mount, you just Zenith Blade/Solar Flare her, or E-Cage if you're Veigar, and she's dead. Morg/Lux Q have too much travel time in practice to reliably hit her, but Zenith Blade is _fast_. If she stays attached Leona has enough CC to hold the offending cat tree down until they're dead, and Veigar has enough burst to half-fully remove them entirely (remember kids, Veigar gets stacks from poking now, so you don't even have to farm to hit stupid AP numbers).
: A Sol’s early game was destroyed in order to make him another late game scaling champ. Riot also hates roamers pre-6, so they hurt his wave clear and roam potential to force him to stay in lane. Late game he definitely does his damage faster, but to scale up there is quite painful.
Rito hate AP roamers pre 6; AD Assassins are fine, and they've decided that it's mandatory as any form of jungler...
majoc (EUNE)
: Exactly. It's as though he's just incapable of abstract thinking. It's not even abstract, it's a simple concept but he doesn't seem to *WANT* to understand.
He IS incapable of abstract thinking and actually has 0 desire to understand. He never does antything except defend Riot, even when they are CLEARLY wrong
Bugog (NA)
: I play morg a lot (I don't think I have lux) and I know the feeling. Just sit there fishing with binds, and if one lands you can push them out of lane even if they don't die. Plus you get to play the entire game regardless of how potato your team is. I would count Yuumi as part of this club as well. You can get killed a few times early but still have fun later in the game. The fun in playing a support tank comes down to if any play you make matters, which means you're hoping your teammates aren't potato. Not a good bet to take. I've also been playing some support AP MF. It sounds stupid, and it honestly kinda is, but it works better than most people give it credit for. And you get called troll a lot. I still try to play enchanters some too, but it sucks being knocked down by a stiff breeze and having next to no kill pressure. Still better than support tank.
I've played Supp AP MF, and Supp AP Ashe; they do indeed work, albeit niche.
Bugog (NA)
: I struggle with it on taric. My taric build order looks something like: {{item:3305}} {{item:3111}} going into these {{item:3050}} {{item:3118}} {{item:3504}} Of course it all depends on situation. If I was to go long enough to get 6 items I think I would get {{item:3190}} or {{item:2065}}
It's certainly not my core on Taric, and it's not like I even play him often; he's just the only tank that has any chance of getting Gold Efficiency out of it
: > [{quoted}](name=DartExplosion10,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0m9uHi02,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-17T21:41:34.949+0000) > > mods btw Old meme. Flew over everyone's head. It's fine. I agree with the OP and the last thing I think they are is entitled. > [{quoted}](name=Asudurga,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0m9uHi02,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-18T00:50:58.876+0000) > > You're being an embarrassment. Nah, you just don't get it. Riot Games promised players 1000 RP for server issues back in like, Season 3? It was really bad. Then, they only delivered on that promise to half the players who were having issues and then they vanished without a trace. I don't think it's entirely fair to tell me I'm "an embarassment" just because you weren't around for the start of Riot's sleazy practice.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0m9uHi02,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-18T00:51:30.853+0000) > > Old meme. Flew over everyone's head. It's fine. I agree with the OP and the last thing I think they are is entitled. > > Nah, you just don't get it. Riot Games promised players 1000 RP for server issues back in like, Season 3? It was really bad. Then, they only delivered on that promise to half the players who were having issues and then they vanished without a trace. I don't think it's entirely fair to tell me I'm "an embarassment" just because you weren't around for the start of Riot's sleazy practice. I think a fairer portion of the wider world might be on your side; I wasn't around for that _particular_ embarrassment, but there were a few times after that where something broke, and players on NA were given RP compensation. When other regions had the same problem, we too were told to go fuck ourselves.
Vonyalo (EUW)
: It is possible if you focus on having fun, not climbing the ladder. You can't have both.
Sadly for some of us progression is the lion's share of the fun.
: For those saying the balance is made around pro play that s BS. Did any of you see that clown fiesta in pro plays? There is a complete stomp by either side, that doesn t look like balance at all, it s just pure clown fiesta. Once a team got a lead it s just a matter of time till they end the game, combacks are not possible anymore unless the leading team is throwing the game for some reason. One shot fiesta is real in pro plays and solo Q there is no difference between solo Q and pro plays, the only difference is that they play as a team and are more coordinated and that s all no balanced games nothing. I also liked Nexus Blitz and just because they decided to bring TFT over Nexus Blitz, I haven t played a single game of TFT since it was release and those who loved NB should do the same. I don t want to support this trash company who took this decision against a big number of players loving NB which was so damn fun.They could have improved NB even more if they wanted they could have brought cosmetics or new poros following you and bring new random challenges every game. This game is garbage tho, we don t have outplay anymore just outdamaged/outcced. Most of games are just won from champion select because the other team got more dmg/ CC output and they win only cause of that. The more CC/ DMG you got the easier win is. In ranked, matchmaking is dogs*it, many times I got apes going for dragon over baron and we lost cause of that. I spammed go for baron but they just farmed around instead and the enemy team did it and they ended the game. In ranked your skill supposed to make a difference but now games are too much team reliant and you skill doesn t matter much because the worst team mate has the greatest impact. If any of your lane/lanes fed more than the lane/lanes of the enemy team then is GG. It only matters who got the worst team mate/team mates. What s even worse is because of some apes your MMR is affected and you start to get more team mates like that and go on losing streak and it s hard to get out of that. Their system doesn t care that you lost the game cause of some apes it just strikes your MMR. Disgusting company, disgusting game.
Balance is based around pro play; but not in the way you're suggesting. It is *NOT* based around the actual players or what would make interesting tactics or ensure reasonably balanced matches between most comps. It *IS* based around what will look flashy for the #BigPlays for people with little-to-no understanding of the game. It's not balanced around current players watching and thinking 'that was clever, I should try that tactic'; it's balanced around non-players watching and thinking 'that looks _cool_, I might try it'. Proplay has become an ad more than a showcase of skill. On everything else you are 100% correct.
: Promos has to exist because demotion protection exists. The only way Promos can be removed is if demotion protection goes as well.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=U1Eda9If,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-19T02:46:54.334+0000) > > Promos has to exist because demotion protection exists. > > The only way Promos can be removed is if demotion protection goes as well. And they should both go
Tsuko (NA)
: I really don't want the hype-carry mage support meta again. Being outclassed by a {{champion:63}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:101}} is really unfun when I'm playing a carry role. These champions weren't really supporting at that point when Frost Queens was in the game, they were just going for kills and would make the game impossible for the ADC to even function in lane. Half the time, people would just pick these champions when they were autofilled and carry the game off the support role because of all the free gold they were getting.
There are a few of us that actually take some of those and play pure Support. I play W-Max Athene's Lux a lot, and I've broken out Veigar on the occasions I have an MF Carry and a team comp that wouldn't suffer to badly from it (seriously, watching an MF ult into a Caged team is just glorious). Brand, Annie, Xerath and VK however need to go back to Mid and stay there.
: New _"Support"_ Items: {{item:3285}} {{item:3041}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3116}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3151}}
As a Supp Main I do actually buy {{item:3165}} _or_ {{item:3116}}, but as last item (before upgrading Eye of Frost to Watchers, because 15AP and 200HP plus 1 more stored ward are less useful than entire items), and mainly for the Passives on them.
Bugog (NA)
: I get it often enough, but it's more because "it's something I can afford" and not "OMFG THIS IS AMAZING EVERY GAME!!!". I've had games where it makes a difference, but it's not like getting a gunblade on akali or something. It has stats, it's better than nothing, and supports can afford it.
I only ever get it on Shield/Heal squishies. I see plenty of them on Thresh or Leona or Blitz, and then I subsequently see those engage tanks get melted because they sacrificed survivability for it. The only engage tank I would EVER buy it on is Taric, because he will actually get use out of the stats and the passives the item comes with.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cjHebjgb,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T04:23:27.631+0000) > > Well, not really. It's below Volibear, Udyr, Jax, Darius, Garen, Warwick, Mordekaiser, and Veigar who are all relatively simple champs, at least in my reckoning. Even if you only count half of them as simple champs, that still makes Yi not necessarily high for a simple champ. Well, no, not really. That simply means Riot's been over-nerfing more difficult champs and over-buffing the less difficult ones. Which really fucks over people who put in the work to learn.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cjHebjgb,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T04:25:15.006+0000) > > Well, no, not really. That simply means Riot's been over-nerfing more difficult champs and over-buffing the less difficult ones. Which really fucks over people who put in the work to learn. Veigar at least has to aim, as do Morde and WW to far lesser extents.
: Yes that is a good technical correction. She only needs to be moving in the direction of enemies. It's just that, unlike pyke, she doesn't get a speed boost for escaping. Almost all of her mobility is tied to either moving towards an enemy or being actively engaged in a fight. And yeah, the buff to her R was totally unnecessary. The thing is, while I used to hate vayne and yasuo more than anything, they now seem like just average overloaded champs. Like, vayne doesn't feel nearly as oppressive compared to decent irelia's, jax, or akalis in team fights.
Indeed; she is actually a better assassin design than most of the assassins, in that she might be inescapable, but she can't trade that for being uncatchable (if she fucks up, she dies; no wall-hacks, no blinks, no cross-terrain dashes). You also have a point about her vs those 3 melees you mentioned; if she gets caught, she dies. If Irelia gets caught she pops her ranged AoE stun and maybe her physical dmg reduction. If Jax gets caught he'll pop his E and possibly his ult. If Akali gets caught she'll smokescreen. All 3 will gain some defensive bonus that makes ADCs (the kings and queens of shitting on a caught target) do nothing to them, and will probably weather whatever magic dmg they have to deal with. 1 good solo carry can *end* a cocky Vayne; it takes a team to *have a chance* to kill Irelia or Jax, and usually at least a pair to *probably end* Akali.
: And Reddit is full of people that think Riot is the perfect company, that they can do NO wrong. Which is worse?
> [{quoted}](name=Toxic Teeto,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QztX85dN,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-19T14:25:55.268+0000) > > And Reddit is full of people that think Riot is the perfect company, that they can do NO wrong. > > Which is worse? Sad thing is I don't think the Reddit community is like that, but the Mods 100% are, and they wield the power
: Timer needs to be there to ensure that solo laners isn't abusing the gold generation. And I've played quite a number of Mage Supports, and I rarely encounter a situation where I accidentally took more than 3 minions.
All that is true, but it is physically painful to watch a full wave crash into the Tower that you are defending and to not be able to take any of that wasted Gold just because your ADC went back for health being close to/actually 0 reasons. Post 15 minutes (as a worst case scenario) you can salvage that Gold the ADC is missing because you already have the Sightstone, but before then it's just shitty.
: Stop making the frostfang timer for taking cs stack
TBH, I would be fine with the passive/poke lockout timer **_IF_** it didn't then also fuck over my Sightstone (which is in addition to the fact I can't even use those fucking item traits when my ADC is dead/recalled/running over again). If the game tracked the Gold you *could* have earned had you not killed a minion and put that into the Sightstone Quest Tracking, it would be fine.
Snowbrand (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SquishySquish,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QyUYuZtn,comment-id=000d000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-19T05:44:20.538+0000) > > and yet the inescapable bullshit that is the hyper-mobility of league these days isn't a type of stat-check of its own? are you ignorant or blind? or are you intentionally overlooking this fact? cc isnt the counter to mobility since you have one opportunity to land cc and if you fail then you're dead. not you lost the trade better luck next trade, but just dead. you die. grey screen. forever. Yea ms can be a kind of stat check, agreed. Dashes, blinks for example needst to be used good like dodging cc or dmg and that's not statchecky to me. Usually you have more then one opportunity to cc someone before thye kill you. If Riven get one dash of, you still have time to stop her.
Then it's just a CDR statcheck; Riven is one of the worst examples of this. 'Oh, I fucked up my dash; but that's ok because I'll have it again in 6s, minus whatever fuckery I can pull with {{item:3161}}' Not to mension she'll be able to Q and E in that cooldown to stay mobile/prevent whatever you were gonna do to her. And before someone mentions my favourite mobility-cuck Poppy, she can activate W about every 9.5s with maxed CDR (doesn't build SoS) and can only stop each enemy *once* per cast....
: Not even close. While I hate vayne too, btw, she only has a MS boost WHEN ATTACKING you dunce. and her Q tumble is much more short ranged and requires autoing, or else the CD won't refresh for a long time and so she won't be able to use it for a long time. AKA, when she's legit trying to escape. Granted yes, vayne is BS and I hate her, but she's no excuse for the abomination of pyke
Not _quite_ true, as her P is flat MS towards nearby enemies, but it isn't that much and in essence you're correct; she only has infinite Qs when attacking and/or in Ult (which was a stupid change that should not have happened)
Bugog (NA)
: Yuumi (dash/untargetable), rakan (dash, dash (+redash), speed boost), kayn (dash, speed boost terrain ignore, untargetable), pyke (speed boost stealth, dash, dash execute), Qiyana (dash, dash, stealth), etc. The mobility creep has gotten so bad that it's probably easier to list champs that don't have some kind of fuckery in their kit.
Shit like this is why I moved to Lux/Morg Support most games; oh, you have mobility, that's cute.... I've basically completely dropped Braum and Rakan (Rakan has mobility himself, but with the changes to his E, he's not so good at catching others I've found), as well as Raka and Nami (can't get the hang of Nami's Q). Only tank I really play is Leona, or occasionally Blitz or Thresh if the enemy botlane is (relatively) immobile....
: Riot saw that some bruisers were buying the previous Essence Reaver _(the one that had Shojin's passive originally)_. They were buying an item that gave a bunch of irrelevant stats and was thus largely inefficient on them for just that passive. I can't fathom why anyone would look at that scenario and then think "you know, maybe we should give that item actual bruiser stats so it'll be even better on them".
> [{quoted}](name=Reaversal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=95cBn4Ua,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-18T18:00:34.630+0000) > > Riot saw that some bruisers were buying the previous Essence Reaver _(the one that had Shojin's passive originally)_. They were buying an item that gave a bunch of irrelevant stats and was thus largely inefficient on them for just that passive. > > I can't fathom why anyone would look at that scenario and then think "you know, maybe we should give that item actual bruiser stats so it'll be even better on them". Especially after they decided that the changed ER was a bad item itself....
man of tin (EUNE)
: Just ignore it, don't let some random idiot who doesn't even know you get to you.
That's what I do; I leave them unmuted, just to see if they start saying anything truly ban-worthy. If I mute them when they're just everyday toxic, how will I know if they subsequently went into hate-speech toxic? A good half of the people trying to bait you into saying something ban-worthy cross the line themselves with their own bait in their increasing efforts to get a rise out of a silent person.
Bonten (NA)
: Really cause when aram bans went live there was an overwhelming amount of negative feedback from it
And there has since been an even more overwhelming amount of negative feedback from _that_ decision. It is way easier to criticise than to compliment, because it's way easier to say 'I could do this better' than admit to 'I couldn't do this better'
: Bring back honorable opponent?
I'd say a solid 50% of my games there is someone on the enemy team who has been the most honourable person in the game, but Rito just can't seem to comprehend that someone might actually _respect_ someone on the enemy team more than the 4 other people on their own side. As a Supp Main, I usually want to honour the enemy Supp or Jung for putting up with some toxic bullshit from their team's carries, usually because the people on my team who are doing well are often toxic asshats (plus I am *NEVER* honouring anyone who says 'Honour me')
: > [{quoted}](name=Wimbledofy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fa2Gg44f,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-16T04:06:01.591+0000) > > Why is 10 cs top same level as 50 cs top? Oh right it's because you don't need to get cs to get xp. Um how do you get XP from JG creeps without killing them?
{{champion:427}} But on a serious note you are 100% correct
: Top 50% of LoL players is Silver 1+ I think? You don't want the game balanced around that elo or high skill cap champions would be overbuffed and dominate higher elos High skillcap champs will often rely on good reaction times for counterplays and skill expression. Your argument that anything requiring fast reaction times needs to be rebalanced makes far less sense than my "Use your abilities" argument If you learn a small variety of champions and pick the most appropriate for the game you'll play, you'll win more games because you'll always pick something with agency https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/N6xx3eE6-master-yi-just-cc-him
Balancing around game and champion knowledge the like I'd agree with you; however balancing around reaction times and net connections I absolutely do think it should be around the average. This game is meant to require thought; it's a strategy game where you control only 1 unit (like the Commando missions in C&C games). If you want only the fastest reaction times to prosper, you'd have 2 players with a button each, and whoever pushed it first after it changed colour would be the winner. I'm not saying make it so that reaction time doesn't matter, but there comes a point where things are just happening too quickly. If you say to the average player 'You will never climb higher than this because you just weren't born with good enough reaction times', all that will happen is the average player will go elsewhere to a game where they can get further to at least some degree due to practice and learning. And I have my pool of champions that I'm capable with (at least for Mid and Supp; the others got hit by meta changes and my picks became sub-optimal); most of them are either engage tank supports or long-range cc mages. You aren't the only Supp Main here, and if you noticed, I did actually comment on your Yi thread; turns out a lot of people disagreed with you (and got more upvotes doing so).
: What? His r and passive are the same. Lulu ult blocks both? Don't get crazy now and start making up things to make yourself believe he's stronger than he is.
Was talking specifically about the proximity marker over someone's head; I could certainly have been clearer there. That marker DOES NOT appear if he's just in a bush that he can leap from, unless he is also in his ult. He is visible to any vision inside a bush provided he isn't ulting, I am aware.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EVOxuOfT,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T00:42:35.071+0000) > > Ok. Every other game that isn't by Valve :p > > Man, fuck Valve, tbh. They get away with way too much shit that people should really be calling them out on. Agreed but they made about 6 great games so they're immune to criticism /s. Honestly everyone passes over Valve that it annoys me.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EVOxuOfT,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T01:07:04.322+0000) > > Agreed but they made about 6 great games so they're immune to criticism /s. > > Honestly everyone passes over Valve that it annoys me. I think part of it is most of us have pretty much forgotten about them as a games company.
: "Eternals" a new dirty way to win money.
Well, the good news is I just took a (very rare) trip over to Reddit, and they're as fucked off about this development there as we are here, so maybe, *just maybe* Rito will hear the message from the player base. Or some mods less accountable than the ones here will censor it so Riot aren't confronted with something so far out of their comfort zone, like criticism of the game....
: > [{quoted}](name=Böljy,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VcjrLJ7A,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-13T18:36:08.213+0000) > > I would have loved to comment this on the article itself but as I am not the same region as the article, I can't. So here I am. > > Why aren't the eternals unlocked with something similiar to a mastery score? For example, say I get level 7 on Nunu. After I hit level 7, for every game I play (or win) I get another score in addition to the mastery score. Name it "The eternal points" for now. These "eternal points" would then be used to unlock the different stuff the eternals update would have to offer. Like the flex mastery emote and so on. > > Wouldn't this show much more about the skills on a certain champion than just purchasing it with rp? Because even a ran over monkey can purchase stuff with rp. Brilliant way to "Show off skill" btw. "Why aren't the eternals unlocked with something similiar to a mastery score?" Because that won't make them money. Some credit to Riot, at least we can acknowledge that they just simply said that after the other fluff about why they said they were doing it.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VcjrLJ7A,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-13T18:49:39.003+0000) > > "Why aren't the eternals unlocked with something similiar to a mastery score?" Because that won't make them money. Some credit to Riot, at least we can acknowledge that they just simply said that after the other fluff about why they said they were doing it. If it was just a one-off 'Pay to access the Achievement System' it might be tolerable; the fact that it's bundles essentially allows them to hide the true cost behind peoples' dislike of maths, and to keep selling us exactly the same thing down the line once new champs are released. I am a rabid completionist and even I am currently looking at this with disdain....
: What you can do during a root doesn't change your class, sorry to say. Lmao.
So his passive is a self-shield so he can enchant better? Is Thresh an Enchanter, given he too has an ally shield ability (which is substantially more useful than Rakan's for allied survivability)? Is anyone taking Locket of the Iron Solari or the Guardian Rune an Enchanter? What about Braum, with his leap-to-ally stat boost ability? It is all to do with play style, and Rakan simply does not play like an enchanter. Taric plays more like an enchanter than Rakan does, and I have never seen anyone lump him into that class. Of all the classes and sub-classes Riot have defined (https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/dev-blog-classes-subclasses), Rakan sits exactly half-way between Wardens and Vanguards. What Rito calls 'Enchanters' are stat-boosters, and Rakan has exactly none of that. That said, what Rito call 'Disruptors' are zone-denial mages, and Rakan has exactly 0 of that as well. The point still stands though; these classes and sub-classes are based around play style, and any Rakan who tries to play like an Enchanter, staying behind the front line and hurling spells at allies, will be flamed off the field. He is expected to be at the front, as the first or second engage, like a Vanguard.
: well, I can't argue with that but I can offer some advice. I don't really remember fiddle's original design idea, but as a jungler, he's supposed to engage a target but typically has trouble against opponents that can engage him magic resist is also an important factor with his W dealing large amounts of DPS he's one of the few DPS mages in the game and his crowd control tends to not last long until mid to late game his weakness is probably poke damage in that he has little to defend himself or his carry with all of his spells on fairly long cooldowns and his most important one (W) can be interrupted the other thing is that he has little kill potential until level 6
Oh definitely; my answer to him, VK and Brand is Leona or Blitz; I was just pointing out that his crow is not as short range as it says it is if there's a wave nearby.
: No. Higher pickrates lower the winrate. A 52% winrate champion can be underpowered if their pickrate is 3%.
Only if the champion has any difficulty to their kit. If there were no changes and this was a static game then sure; but since every 2 weeks there is are changes that range from little but new skins all the way to meta-breaking, and picking up the new OP flavour of the fortnight can see a champ's play rate skyrocket without denting their win rate. Just look at the most recent example to (dis)grace Top, Tahm Kench.
: So i’m being criticized for bring up pro play when I’m replying to woon who brought it up first. EU reading comprehension
You both mentioned it, but your comment was the best place in the discussion to respond. I also didn't criticise you for mentioning it, I was stating my (and I imagine many, many other peoples') opinion on it.
: It depends on how far he jumps from, 0.13 seconds will be the time it took the rengar to reduce their hp to 0 from the first bit of damage dealt, and says nothing of the jump duration Do you deserve to lose if you have below average reaction time in your elo? I think so. Reaction times are a huge part of expressing skill in the game
If the only way to effectively counter a champion is to have faster than average reactions on an above average net connection, it needs rebalancing. It's exactly the same as the 'just cc him' argument for dealing with Yi, except with even less sense in it.
: Being ranged doesn't change that she does the same things, like her fellow enchanter rakan. Melee/range doesn't change the job that the characters do. Blitz/thresh are tank/disruptor. Nami/Rakan are enchanter/disruptor. Unless you want to make the same distinction as we have between melee and ranged ADCs...but are we really going to start classifying the distinction between melee/ranged disruptors when their effectiveness is in their CDs, not melee/ranged auto-attacks, which are a MUCH larger difference due to the frequency of uptime?
All of Rakan's CC involves being in someone's face, as does his shielding actually. Sure he can auto at a (slight) range and has a short projectile, but enchanters like Janna have never been prevented from shielding an ally or CCing an enemy by being rooted. Ask a rooted Rakan exactly how useful he is....
: There’s like 3 assassins in pro play. And almost none of the ones who Boards cries about (like Zed or Fizz). But let me flip the question - if tanks are so shit like Boards love to profess, why are there so many in pro play?
I am not in pro play, so I give exactly 0 fucks about what is. I play in SoloQ, and it is assassin-infested. But to answer your question; a coordinated team of 5 people who play together most days and are on voice comms can make far more use of an engage tank than 5 total strangers who have, in all likelihood, muted each other even on text comms. It is also far less shitty to BE the tank in this situation than in SoloQ....
: unpopular opinion: i would rather have a permanent pve mode in the way of odyssey than TT
: If winrate or pickrate is high, then the champion is OP. It's that simple. As for what should be nerfed? Different story, but Ahri has been OP when people complained about her.
If pick rate is high, all that says is that the champion doesn't feel horrible to play as.
: well, you kind of have to get in range of that fear and typically only assassins do that unless fiddle goes for the flash ult Q W combo. Typically only assassins, yasuo, irelia or galio are in range for the fear though unless it's an uncommon mid
The fear yes; sadly his crow can *and will* fly all the way up a wave to poke you....
: Rioters already said that one shot is very healthy for the game on some champions, specially Rengar. [Proof](https://mobile.twitter.com/riotaugust/status/1128759095895269376) He's not the only one. There are others but I'm not gonna bother Rengar is designed to one shot a squishy whether you like it or not. You have a ban phase and also stopwatch and zhonya. These are counters but you're too in denial to accept that. Zhonya and stopwatch makes Rengar's one shot useless. How is that not a counter? Maybe play other moba then. Try Dota if you want "strategic" game
Rioters have also said you don't need to play the game to balance it.....
Show more

IainG10

Level 261 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion