: Hes based off a Wolverine apparently but I think if he was some big cat like a tiger he could have his arm and body hair resemble strips and maybe give him hair and a beard with colors similar but unique to a tigers. Because honestly no one could tell he was different from the other vastaya like Rakan/Xayah or Neeko since they literally look like him but a different species. For someone whose supposed to be hated for being a half breed he looks like a very normal vastayan except with no claws unlike his mother whose a full vastaya
Nothing like Wolverine, now Sabretooth on the other hand... https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/deadpool/images/e/e2/Sabretooth.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140626200444 Sabretooth look more Vastayan that this guy. Just human with some cat ears.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Mecha Kingdoms, Dragon Slayers, Gaurdian of The Sands and Freljord Skins!
So legit, is Twitch not getting a Year of the Rat skin?
: I wonder if the Sylas skin is... Canon
It fits the story really well. Makes me wonder why they don't do that kind of stuff more. Like Zaun Heimerdinger, he goes there in a story but his glamour makes him appear more Zaun like to the locals = skins where he's more Zaun like.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WPdTAUvj,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2019-12-12T00:18:51.119+0000) > > Beast is easy, in fact I'd say easier as you don't need to imagine a human face on them. You can create what you like with them. > > Disappointed in the design as well, I heard Ionia Bruiser and was actually hoping for more human military, decked in armour, how many of those do we have? > > Not a human with random cat ears. Even as as a Vastayan he's weak, doesn't have animalistic features at all like the others. {{champion:122}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:89}} also he's half-vastayan, like nidalee
Ionian specifically I mean, not just dude in armour. Want to see how their military and styling works. We saw clips of it in Awaken and in a few of the Universe images. Plus not enough. He's just human with ears, bet he doesn't even change.
: So can anyone tell me why Garen is getting ANOTHER skin?
He's 'popular', his usual 5% playrate has gone up since his op rework so time to cash in. This is what Riot means by "who needs a skin" when they have those meetings.
Kenneky (EUW)
: He's mostly human than animal like, how disappointing as I hoped for someone beast like (like of likes of Rengar). He looks like he belongs in a fighting game, not a MOBA. I guess designing a beast is hard these days?
Beast is easy, in fact I'd say easier as you don't need to imagine a human face on them. You can create what you like with them. Disappointed in the design as well, I heard Ionia Bruiser and was actually hoping for more human military, decked in armour, how many of those do we have? Not a human with random cat ears. Even as as a Vastayan he's weak, doesn't have animalistic features at all like the others.
: why do people keep complaining about skins they want... such a childish thing to do and I see it flooding the boards. just realize that there are tons of people who play league and all with different wants/needs, it would be dumb for rito to listen to all these childish people wanting different things, the game would never work out that way.
"Hey, I want to spend money on your game but not on that champ I don't play or like, I will if you make a skin for this other I do play and like. Can you make one for them?" Next time, less calling people childish for wanting to spend money on a game they enjoy and supporting Riot.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MrzdEc5U,comment-id=00070000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-10T15:47:44.666+0000) > > From The Legend of the Darkin story: > "When the rebels of Icathia foolishly unleashed the Void in battle, Shurima’s defense was led, as ever, by the legendary Ascended. Imbued with the power of the Sun Disc, these “god-warriors” towered over mortal soldiers, wielding magic and blade with equal ease, and eventually they were victorious. Even so, the horrors of the war took a heavy toll, and those who lived to remember it were perhaps never quite as they once were." > > It's an excuse as to why these people once considered so great that they were deemed worthy enough to be given huge amounts of power, long life and godhood went nuts and started enslaving the people they were meant to protect and killing each other, essentially trauma or PTSD from it all. The name Darkin was given to them by the people before the last few became weapons. Darkin means 'The Fallen', presumably as they are fallen from their purpose, their height of greatness they once held. > > Also explains why Nasus isn't Darkin as he may not have been involved directly in the Void war or with the others as he just went away (even killed one apparently). > > Problem is, it also means and assumes ALL Ascended were warriors, which based on how the lore around Ascenion was originally told, seems unusual as it was a Rite for honouring those who servered Shurima in all their life and seemed a very rare thing to be given out. If they just wanted warriors they would have just thrown everyone in and hope they would come out a god, one unstoppable god like being would be better than 100 normal men. I understand. It seems that war maybe twisted the ascended. Also I didn't realize there were so many Ascended until reading the story. I am also assuming Nasus has more self control and balance and would not be twisted the way the others were. They may have been worthy to Ascend, but maybe the power made them more vicious and filled with rage. Look at Renekton. He started twisting even before Xerath.
That is seemingly Riot's interpretation but the catalyst of the twisted nature was the Void conflict. I'd say they wouldn't have waged war, delved into twisted blood magic all that IF they weren't messed up by it. They would like the great people they were meant to be, united and protected Shurima or what was left after it after Xerath destroyed the capital. Remember that Renekton wasn't meant to be Ascended, he was willing to die so his brother could be, to save his brother. A worthy person can be rageful (even Jesus got angry) but Renekton was like that before Ascension and after, it's in his nature long before the Void conflict. He then sacrificed himself again to stop Xerath, knowing what rage he'd unleashed before to be wrong and to make up for it. What we need to balance all this out is another Ascended, not a military or warrior one, a person made Ascended because they were worthy for other reasons besides how well that can shove a sword in another mans chest. More calm, reserved and maybe even regretful over their Ascended nature.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Actually from Riot King Cobra, it's not Sol. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/6c646a7c9fbae153e3d889939383924e3d1438d129f26b07928b55e479f6d156.png
"Aurelion Lol"? Explains a lot. :P
: Don't know what a Mondo-bot is, but I guess you mean that gigantic mecha holding Jax in his hands. If yes, this will be Jax' Mecha skin then, obviously. In this universe, it seems that the regular looking Jax will pilot this mecha, which is his skin in-game model.
Obscure Reference to Robo-Samurai vs Mondo-bot episode of Samurai Jack. The skin/look reminded me of that. :)
Sukishoo (NA)
: Mecha Kingdoms (January 15, 2020)
Robo-Samurai? Who's the Mondo-bot? Sion?
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MrzdEc5U,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T14:50:27.343+0000) > > The entire reason Darkin are Darkin (and the excuse isn' given to Nasus) is because of fighting the Void and how it apparently affected the Ascended's minds, that's the excuse that was used as to why these once heroes didn't just unite to protect Shurima because their mortal Emperor died and rebuild their nation. Ascension was meant to be an honour and seemingly rarely used as it was the Emperor of Nasus time that begged the priests to let him be Ascended, which is why no one is saying they weren't worthy but it's hard to look at Rhaast and see _Why_ he was. Dude's nuts. Wait but the Darkin story said that the Ascended were fighting eachother until HUMANS de-ascended them and turned them into weapons (literally) which twisted them into Darkin. I dont remember the void being in that story.
From The Legend of the Darkin story: "When the rebels of Icathia foolishly unleashed the Void in battle, Shurima’s defense was led, as ever, by the legendary Ascended. Imbued with the power of the Sun Disc, these “god-warriors” towered over mortal soldiers, wielding magic and blade with equal ease, and eventually they were victorious. Even so, the horrors of the war took a heavy toll, and those who lived to remember it were perhaps never quite as they once were." It's an excuse as to why these people once considered so great that they were deemed worthy enough to be given huge amounts of power, long life and godhood went nuts and started enslaving the people they were meant to protect and killing each other, essentially trauma or PTSD from it all. The name Darkin was given to them by the people before the last few became weapons. Darkin means 'The Fallen', presumably as they are fallen from their purpose, their height of greatness they once held. Also explains why Nasus isn't Darkin as he may not have been involved directly in the Void war or with the others as he just went away (even killed one apparently). Problem is, it also means and assumes ALL Ascended were warriors, which based on how the lore around Ascenion was originally told, seems unusual as it was a Rite for honouring those who servered Shurima in all their life and seemed a very rare thing to be given out. If they just wanted warriors they would have just thrown everyone in and hope they would come out a god, one unstoppable god like being would be better than 100 normal men.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=unaAQAEv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-10T14:00:50.250+0000) > > Poppy, Caitlyn, Annie, Diana, Ashe, Lulu. > > Lack of male champs will common names is lacking. Counting champion names as they appear in-game and not in lore that are "common" male names: Darius Braum Kayn/Kain/Cain Lucian Jayce/Jace Olaf Sylas/Sylus Vladimir And I'm sure Xin has to be popular over-seas.
Sylas? That's normal? I get your point, many are very region specific and most of those I mentioned are common in my region. So didn't consider these. A good tell for how common/normal a name is, is to put it into google and see what are the first entries to come up. Sylas - Sylas from League comes up. Darius - Image of League's one comes up but he isn't on the first page of links. Diana - ... well be surprised if she even comes up in the top 10 pages.
: Which champion has the most normal name?
Poppy, Caitlyn, Annie, Diana, Ashe, Lulu. Lack of male champs will common names is lacking.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Is simply because he doesn't sell. So others get more sadly.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0ZOgis8N,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-10T13:11:44.707+0000) > > Is simply because he doesn't sell. So others get more sadly. You can't sell skins for a champ if you don't make skins for a champ.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TXNoyhpa,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-12-09T11:23:36.552+0000) > > Sylas was more everyone else was changed to fit him in, Lux, Garen and J4 (J4's character was affected hugely) had their origins, relationships and attitudes changed because of Sylas instead of Sylas being affected by them. He fits because they changed everyone else and Demacia to fit him. Nah demacia was a mage murdered nation long before Sylas,did you read any of Lux lores?
Fearing is not murdering and fearing for good reason, when it was mages and their obsession with a bunch of runes that could have destroyed the world and did for a part of it. If Demacia was murdering, Sylas would be dead not locked in a cell. Shame, as now, the once sympathetic J4 (now King), who could have lead the nation on a better path, is now going the opposite way to what his father wanted. If Demacia executed Sylas (like they should have) the King would be alive, J4 would probably be happy with Shyvana and the Mageseeker's influence wouldn't hold weight as it does. All because of Sylas. Not saying that Sylas hasn't had good lore written, just to me a lot of Demacian lore has been changed to fit this new anti-mage thing as an extreme, instead of just 'we don't like them because they are dangerous' thing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nyofEXJ4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-09T00:22:52.899+0000) > > Most of the flat damage nerfs or buffs don't help anything. Certain champs excel in ARAM because of how they are designed, their utility. > > Sona heals 50% less to allies already. Then 18% less after that. She then takes 15% more damage, she has 2 abilities that do damage yet she has -15% damage too, what? Why? All she's doing is pressing Q and W a lot with occastional R. Nothing in her damage is OP individually. Yet when you consider the fact she is doing it in a confined space, being able to heal and shield everyone on her team, it becomes OP. -15% on everything Sona does, 53% winrate. > > It's the opposite effect for all those assassins with massive damage buffs. No one wants them to deleted champs 10-18% quicker, their issue isn't getting the damage off, they certaintly don't struggle there, it's being dogpiled straight after. +18% damage to Akali, 45% win rate. > > All these issues come down to how they are designed and how ARAM is played. Riot need to work out how to nerf/buff these champs that isn't just take more or deal more damage as all that does is frustrate the players as no one likes being deleted by assassins so fast and people certaintly don't like feeling useless. > > It's about utility. Stuns and roots durations, cooldowns and how long abilities stay on the map. Those are the kind of things that need changing. more aram specific items that further reduce cc times on you, or outright allows you to ignore them for a set amount of time. Getting chain cc'd and poked for 15+ minutes makes over half the roster unviable and/or unfun to even try. {{champion:421}} and {{champion:72}} for example have abysmal pick rates and very low win rates due to how their play styles are.
> [{quoted}](name=Pendergast891,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nyofEXJ4,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-09T20:58:11.073+0000) > > more aram specific items that further reduce cc times on you, or outright allows you to ignore them for a set amount of time. Getting chain cc'd and poked for 15+ minutes makes over half the roster unviable and/or unfun to even try. {{champion:421}} and {{champion:72}} for example have abysmal pick rates and very low win rates due to how their play styles are. Exactly, both champs can do well depending on the right situation. Skarner isn't popular and has a low win rate but his zone are huge now, go full tank, max W and become a R bot. Rek'sai is either a aP poke mage or execution bot, rarely the fighter she is meant to be. Yet one CC tank on the enemy front line and they become mostly useless, they can't get in at all. This isn't because they lack damage or surviveability, it's just how the champs work. You can't buff/nerf damage to fix that.
Rockman (NA)
: Is Kled the "one time back in..." kinda guy?
If they ever make him a Legendary skin, I hope to Riot that they record just incoherent stories like that over and over, loads of them, and they'll trigger just randomly in game when he's doing menial tasks.
: I'd argue that Sylas is the sole exception here. He wouldn't really work without his lore, and while they probably did come up with "chain guy" as a theme before designing his lore, I'd say he fits into the story of Demacia pretty cohesively. The rest of them I totally agree with, though, Yuumi especially.
Sylas was more everyone else was changed to fit him in, Lux, Garen and J4 (J4's character was affected hugely) had their origins, relationships and attitudes changed because of Sylas instead of Sylas being affected by them. He fits because they changed everyone else and Demacia to fit him.
Jacksin (OCE)
: Going forward with lore, all I hope from Riot is that:
Upvoted, it feels like all recent champs have been created by design then power set then shoved into the lore instead of 2015-2016 champs where seemed to be all lore champs given design then given gameplay. You look at Kindred, Sol, Tahm, Jhin, Taliyah, all great champs who seem to fit the lore better than Qiyana, Sylas, Kai'sa and Yuumi could. Neeko and Pyke are just kind of on their own.
Reksee (NA)
: Opinion: Sona has been nerfed too much in ARAM
Most of the flat damage nerfs or buffs don't help anything. Certain champs excel in ARAM because of how they are designed, their utility. Sona heals 50% less to allies already. Then 18% less after that. She then takes 15% more damage, she has 2 abilities that do damage yet she has -15% damage too, what? Why? All she's doing is pressing Q and W a lot with occastional R. Nothing in her damage is OP individually. Yet when you consider the fact she is doing it in a confined space, being able to heal and shield everyone on her team, it becomes OP. -15% on everything Sona does, 53% winrate. It's the opposite effect for all those assassins with massive damage buffs. No one wants them to deleted champs 10-18% quicker, their issue isn't getting the damage off, they certaintly don't struggle there, it's being dogpiled straight after. +18% damage to Akali, 45% win rate. All these issues come down to how they are designed and how ARAM is played. Riot need to work out how to nerf/buff these champs that isn't just take more or deal more damage as all that does is frustrate the players as no one likes being deleted by assassins so fast and people certaintly don't like feeling useless. It's about utility. Stuns and roots durations, cooldowns and how long abilities stay on the map. Those are the kind of things that need changing.
darkdill (NA)
: So SMITE has Team RWBY skins now available, but LoL can't even get a tiny reference?
I wonder if Riot would ever collab with someone and make themed skins but then it means that companies licenced look is in League, they would get part of the profits. ... No matter how much people want a Gambit Twisted Fate, I don't think it'll happen.
Crashyy (EUW)
: +9 adaptive force, 8 armor, 6 magic resist, 15-90 HP...It's boring.
One of my old Rune pages was a life steal one for Nasus, I built it because I kept going up against Singed who would proxy farm. So I went mostly life steal in rune page and masteries with lfiesteal and healing, buy a Doran Blade and at level 1 could get 20% life steal. I'd just tank the minion damage and life steal it back up, so his proxy farming was mostly pointless. Shame that was lost with new runes.
: Yeah exactly. In general the abilities kinda do something similar to the old kit but in a much different way. Aatrox passive is reminiscent of his old W Q is like his old Q without the dash, but adding in E+Q3 makes the similarity more apparent W is replacing his old E, still slowing but with a new mechanic E is basically first half of old Q R is still the transform and gain stats skill I can understand the argument to have old Aatrox back in the game, but these people need to stop acting like Aatrox was treated any differently than other reworks of the same scale.
I agree, lots of what old Aatrox had remained at the time of relaunch. Knockup Q (didn't need to be 3 parts but still) check, slow (changed to W )check, healing check, revive and boost, check. But they removed the one thing that made Aatrox a good fighter, his attackspeed. He went from a champ who hung back waiting for the right time to go in with 1 form of CC which wasn't the easiest to land, a bit of burst and healing OR enhanced damage, to a AD caster poke laner and up to 4 CCs in his combo, with ludicrous healing the entire game. That's a big gameplay change even if many of his features remained.
: The Case for Villain Depth
Here's the think, your post is well made and I agree some villains in fiction need characterisation, development, all that. It helps understand them, their goals ideals. Look at Magneto or Red Skull, they both started off as comical "I'm the person you fight" but over the years, the way they have developed has turned them into superb characters and show different sides of similar tropes. Both want to prioritise their race over others but Magneto and Red Skull are nowhere near on the same scale. This depth helps their character and for readers to understand them. BUT "But bad guys work best when they're actual people instead of people-shaped things." That's just not true. Bad guys work best when they create an obstacle for the hero to overcome. Whether it is morals, strength or whatever. The reason I say this is because of the MU's greatest villain ever created, **The Fury**. The Fury is a thing that kills superhumans, that's it. It (in it's final form) could adapt to nearly anything thrown at it because of how it was designed. The Fury is a villain which you don't reason with, there's no convincing it to not do what it's designed to do. There's not moral goal to understand. It's design to kill. In this, the hero has a goal to overcome, in this case it's an unstoppable being and their fear of it. Rhaast (and the original Darkin lore) was like this, Rhaast is a nutter, manipulative and is out for killing things (including Kayn). Kayn is trying to purify the scythe, overcome Rhaast's essence and not lose himself to a manipulative nutter talking in his head. That's what he is overcoming and it fits well based on the idea that Rhaast doesn't have over-complicated charactisation.
: Can Tahm Kench get something back?
I played ARAM as him last night and while I was the tankiest dude ever, maxing E because it's funny, when it came to any kind of movement, damage or utility, I was just dead weight, basically a W bot for my team mates. Surely that is not what they planned with this champ? A free QSS for people? Riot, just remove ally eating on W and add some stuff back in to his kit because you know that is the only reason he was picked in pro. Also, while playing a thought stuck me, Ugor's ult is more fitting for Tahm than Urgot or Tahm's current ult. He eats people. devours them, right? That's Tahm's thing.
Snowbrand (EUW)
: The problem is that old Aatrox gameplay is so outdated. Auto-attack only champs like tryndamere, yi or aatrox is not well designed and is an old style and that's probably why aatrox was changed in the first place. Even if it's fun to play beating your opponent with only autoattacks it's not that fun and interesting to play against (or for me) to play with. New aatrox is much better in that regard, but I wish they kept the revive tho and his old personality.
> [{quoted}](name=Snowbrand,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Vh6WrATY,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2019-12-07T20:52:50.779+0000) > > The problem is that old Aatrox gameplay is so outdated. Auto-attack only champs like tryndamere, yi or aatrox is not well designed and is an old style and that's probably why aatrox was changed in the first place. Even if it's fun to play beating your opponent with only autoattacks it's not that fun and interesting to play against (or for me) to play with. New aatrox is much better in that regard, but I wish they kept the revive tho and his old personality. An entire role and class is built on auto-attack only champs, why was old Aatrox, Trynd, Yi and Trundle bad for mainly having auto attack damage while Jinx, Draven or Ashe ok? I'd take playing against an Auto attack melee champ over Akali or Irelia or whoever that flies about with dashes and movement speed and you can't catch them, or new Aatrox who constantly pokes you out of your range and outsustains the best healing tanks by building damage, because I know how those auto attack champs are going to act. They are going to go up to me and auto attack my face off.
klin537 (NA)
: i always thought yummi was a yordle.
> [{quoted}](name=klin537,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wOEbWso6,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-08T00:10:10.001+0000) > > i always thought yummi was a yordle. Yuumi is a cat.
xWARx (NA)
: There are still a bunch of champions that do it. Not all are successful but they're around in the game. Trundle, master Yi, tryndamere,xin zaho are 80% auto attacks and they're allowed to stick around. To me it just seems incredibly unfair for anyone who liked old aatrox, that the justification for his removal was unhealthy game play but other far more toxic kits are still allowed happily buy riot.
Totally agree, people say he was unhealthy but how was it truely any different to any other melee auto attack champ who heals? Especially when you could completely turn off the healing on Aatrox unlike many of the others. Now people just say "Play Xin, he's the same." Like that's somehow a solution. I joke all the time about when Riot will rework those champs you mentioned because if Aatrox was unhealthy why aren't they? One of the best times I had with Aatrox was just after the Irelia rework, before 50% of her stuff was removed while they never changed the problem people had with her (reseting Q which applied on hit), Aatrox was great into her as her E was predictable and you could Q at the right time to avoid it and hit her and when she ulted? Just ult yourself and just wail on her because the disarm thing was useless if you don't actually walk through it.
: Ah yes, bring back the champion that people only started playing and caring about when he became OP and flavor of the month. Granted I'm not saying I hate Oldtrox, in fact I much enjoyed that version of him and I enjoy this new one just as much, just pisses me off when people who never touched him claim the rework was unnecessary just because he got strong and popular weeks before the rework. If the rework was never a thing, Aatrox would've soon gotten nerfed or his items would've been toned down, and his playrate would drop to extremely low levels again and he'd return to being a forgotten champion that was outclassed by other characters with similar playstyles like Jax and Tryndamere. The current one at the very least manages to maintain a good playrate despite how bad he is right now, I'm pretty sure that's saying something about him and his kit. Walmart Riven my ass. don't say such things or i'll cry
> [{quoted}](name=Tin Obliterates,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wnYZMPke,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-07T12:33:11.352+0000) > > Ah yes, bring back the champion that people only started playing and caring about when he became OP and flavor of the month. The 2017 kit rework put him in a great place, he was niche and fun. Conqueror put him over the edge and that is why he became a pick in pro, a rune. Reduce what that rune did and Aatrox would never have been an issue and would be back to being played as a niche champ again. But here's the sad thing, new Aatrox as far as Riot is concerned is a huge success, massive playrate, skins sales out the arse. Why wouldn't he be when you can build full damage and out tank tanks?
xWARx (NA)
: Revert Aatrox
Lethal Tempo Aatrox top was so fun, tryhards took Conqueror. If feels like Riot don't want auto attacking melee champs in the game but are fine with ADC as they are ranged. They even admitted they strayed too far from his idea in his rework in that Wired Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyIZ0q9DvkY Attack speed was his passive was his thing and Riot change him to a drain tank more than old Aatrox ever was.
mack9112 (NA)
: Old Aatrox had a kit that was not balancable from a competitive point of view. I know it sucks. But that is the reality of evolving games with progressing player skill caps.
Aatrox in S7 as picked 2 times in pro. Hardly touched in S8 until they added _conqueror_. Even then it was a niche pick with that rune only. Then the rework happened and he's been the highest ban and picked champ since reaching 99% at world S8, and was the most over all S9. Whatever their intention, the champ they changed Aatrox into was far worse for the pro scene than just the auto attacking squishy champ they had before.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MrzdEc5U,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-12-06T14:34:49.574+0000) > > What do Targon and the Void have to do with the Darkin? The Void supposedly gave the Ascended a PTSD so strong they went crazy and became Darkin. Targon taught Shurima how to Ascend and then decided to turn Darkin into tools instead of just letting them die. > Also I disagree about Ascension. Its more like a god maker. Also who is to say those folks weren't deemed worthy? Azir is special because his heart changed. Nasus isn't crazy because he wasn't tormented by Xerath for ages. Ascencion was established as a rare thing. Quite a few people were actually worthy of Ascending. It didn't depend on someone's status, K/D/A or money. Renekton was a good warrior who scored lots of victories for Shurima but he was dead sure that the artifact would destroy him. The standard was that high. But then the Void happens and Shurima starts churning Ascendants out like it's not a big deal. Even someone like Rhaast managed to get his boost somehow. So, in that context, Azir trying to Ascend, failing and finally being deemed worthy doesn't matter anymore because a whole bunch of grade A assholes had turned into gods. As for Nasus, when I said that he didn't go crazy, I don't mean Xerath. I mean the entire Darkin ordeal where he just sat and watched at the shit show instead of doing something. Also, the fact that he was only one sane left, doesn't show other Ascended in good light. You can have several Ascended losing their sanity completely because of the Void - like those twins who lost a staring contest with one of the Watchers. But when almost all of them do this, that's bad writing.
Well said and spot on. The original idea of the Ascension seems turned on it's head as stories since Darkin origin was changed paint the Ascended not as worthy beings of great power who served Shurima in life, so at the end of theirs they are honoured with Ascension. The Icathia story and others show that most Ascendeds were 'warriors', people who lead armies. Where were the ones who served Shurima as business men, politicians, traders, inventors, religious leaders? Were all Ascended just men who killed? Take this from Azir's bio: "the Ascension ritual was highly dangerous and intended only for those near the end of their lives, those who had devoted their lives to Shurima and whose service was to be honored with Ascension. It was for the Sun Priests to decree who would be blessed with Ascension, not the hubris of an emperor to bestow it upon himself. Azir would not be dissuaded from his rash course of action, for his arrogance had grown along with his empire, and he ordered them to comply on pain of death. " Were all these Darkin near end of their lives? (I doubt it) Did they serve Shurima in life so much and so worthy that they deserved to be Ascended? Or were they just a guy who protected a temple then given Ascension because he was good with a bow? And in turn lead armies to take over the world only for those nations to fear the Ascended so much that they would be desperate enough to nuke themselves and the world to take them out? The less told about the Darkin's Ascension origins the better as it removes what makes them a threat, adding humanity and sympathy for murderers and dictators who lead thousands in war and slavery for no reason can never be a good thing.
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MrzdEc5U,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-12-02T22:16:46.603+0000) > > The Darkin lore was a huge failure from the start. It just paints all the sides as terribly stupid and nothing really has any meaning anymore. > > - Ascencion is no longer granted to the worthiest and immolates the unworthiest, it's a supersoldier maker. > - Azir saving Sivir and becoming worthy of Ascending doesn't matter anymore. If anyone can Ascend, why is Azir so special? > - Nasus is a sad fuck who didn't do anything - and he didn't go crazy like his kin for...reasons? > - Darkin are shown as one-sidedly as possible. Even though they are supposed to be broken soldiers without a king, they don't have half of the depth they're supposed to have. Aatrox is like the one doing all the tragic bits. > - Targon is a bunch of assholes. > - Icathia is a bunch of idiots who dropped an atomic bomb upon themselves and those who remained started giving themselves asspats while sitting balls deep in the Void. What do Targon and the Void have to do with the Darkin? Also I disagree about Ascension. Its more like a god maker. Also who is to say those folks weren't deemed worthy? Azir is special because his heart changed. Nasus isn't crazy because he wasn't tormented by Xerath for ages.
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MrzdEc5U,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-12-06T14:34:49.574+0000) > > What do Targon and the Void have to do with the Darkin? Also I disagree about Ascension. Its more like a god maker. Also who is to say those folks weren't deemed worthy? Azir is special because his heart changed. Nasus isn't crazy because he wasn't tormented by Xerath for ages. The entire reason Darkin are Darkin (and the excuse isn' given to Nasus) is because of fighting the Void and how it apparently affected the Ascended's minds, that's the excuse that was used as to why these once heroes didn't just unite to protect Shurima because their mortal Emperor died and rebuild their nation. Ascension was meant to be an honour and seemingly rarely used as it was the Emperor of Nasus time that begged the priests to let him be Ascended, which is why no one is saying they weren't worthy but it's hard to look at Rhaast and see _Why_ he was. Dude's nuts.
Athene (EUNE)
: Make the 1v1 from All-Star a game mode
They could easily change 'ARAM' option to Howling Abyss and add a 1v1, Poro King and just 'All Mid with bans' to it. Lack of different things to play could put people off playing in general.
Erebris (EUW)
: Can't display ready check [CLIENT]
Having the same/similar issue. Click Ready to play ARAM, Click Find game. But for me the Accept game appeared and I clicked Accept. It's then just stopped. First few times it came up with a warning "Unable to display Ready Check." I logged out and back in, and tried again and this time I clicked accept and it just stopped, no error message. Now I'm locked out for 30 minutes for Declining too many games. I accepted every one. Guess I'll go and play other games instead.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hEj8naPN,comment-id=000000010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T14:57:47.482+0000) > > Demon is a generalised term (an evil spirit), it's used so we get what they are. What matters after is the nature of that individual demon. Evelynn's nature makes her Evelynn but she is still a demon. > > Leave it at that, as I even confused myself with some of my attempts to reply. :P > > > Off topic, You know I'm pretty sure Sylas in the last year has had more stories about him than all Yordles combined? Come on Riot, get to it already. :P I think both the individual demons and the demons species as a whole need more lore behind them. My own theory is that when the shadow realm created (which I think is tied to the rune wars which would line up with demons coming into being following the rune wars) people became trapped in it and warped and driven mad. Perhaps some felt pain, perhaps some were hungry, and maybe others were afraid, and as a result the realm warped them into beings that could free them from those mortal coils but warped them into beings of evil. Again this is just speculation. on the topic of yordles, I think sylas has appeared more than all the yordles combined as well, he has 2 stories + his bio I believe, stories that he caused, and appears in LUX. Yordles got paint the town (a WHILE ago) and more recently a Veigar and Trist+Lulu story..... **I sense they are stalling or something**
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hEj8naPN,comment-id=0000000100000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T16:45:54.491+0000) > > My own theory is that when the shadow realm created (which I think is tied to the rune wars which would line up with demons coming into being following the rune wars) **people** became trapped in it and warped and driven mad. No, no more Riot making all magic beings just people. Darkin are now people who were Ascended, Angels are now just split aspect people and Vastayan's are descended not from beings born of magic but 'mortals' (most likely just a bunch of people). Why can't things be special? Why can't magic be magic? Not everything needs an explanantion.
: When the Next New Yordle champ???
A lot of people have wanted a new female Yordle for a while. I'm waiting on another Marai myself. A warrior one, decked in armour.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hEj8naPN,comment-id=0000000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-05T13:57:50.389+0000) > > Most lore in fictional worlds are still based on simple human/earth based principles. The words of 'god', 'demon' etc, help portray those beings so we understand them. Saying Evelynn is a 'random made up word' is confusing and people don't understand. Anivia, Ornn and Voli are gods but they are by that worlds standards and calling them gods our society knows what that means (beings of having almighty power to create). > > Look at Yordles, it's a made up word, what does that mean? What are they? Why are they? Riot have to explain. Yet you say demon and you know what people are on about and Evelynn shares the characteristics of a demon. there are many forms of 'demon' so no i would have to disagree, the only thing you gain from demon is a being of evil they still have to world build what demons in runeterra are actually like JUST LIKE THEY HAVE TO FREAKIN UPDATE YORDLES SO THEY MAKE ANY AMOUNT OF SENSE COME ON RITO ....................... _Inhales_ But yes title association is good it give a general premise, but it doesn't clarify the meaning of the word in context of the world its in and that is the problem
Demon is a generalised term (an evil spirit), it's used so we get what they are. What matters after is the nature of that individual demon. Evelynn's nature makes her Evelynn but she is still a demon. I'll leave it at that, as I even confused myself with some of my attempts to reply. :P Off topic, You know I'm pretty sure Sylas in the last year has had more stories about him than all Yordles combined? Come on Riot, get to it already. :P
: > [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hEj8naPN,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T11:52:44.907+0000) > > it's likely due to the fact that most of these characters were never intended to be interlaced. league's lore was essentially "these people and things are spells summoned to fight" and that was that. Sure they're trying to interlace things better now, but it's hard to do that with a game that's meant to have in theory infinite updates with new content throughout it's theoretically infinite lifespan. if you interlace all of the champions that are right now in existence there'd be no room for anything down the line. > > so while it might feel like a narrative cop out the fact of the matter is that many things in league are better off without an explanation. > > the "demon" title is confusing. honestly they should have never used it. in a world without gods and angels... why do we need demons? well both gods and angels do exist in league though? along with demigods for that matter, so it makes sense that demons would exist at some point.
Most lore in fictional worlds are still based on simple human/earth based principles. The words of 'god', 'demon' etc, help portray those beings so we understand them. Saying Evelynn is a 'random made up word' is confusing and people don't understand. Anivia, Ornn and Voli are gods but they are by that worlds standards and calling them gods our society knows what that means (beings of having almighty power to create). Look at Yordles, it's a made up word, what does that mean? What are they? Why are they? Riot have to explain. Yet you say demon and you know what people are on about and Evelynn shares the characteristics of a demon.
: > [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hEj8naPN,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T11:52:44.907+0000) > > it's likely due to the fact that most of these characters were never intended to be interlaced. league's lore was essentially "these people and things are spells summoned to fight" and that was that. Sure they're trying to interlace things better now, but it's hard to do that with a game that's meant to have in theory infinite updates with new content throughout it's theoretically infinite lifespan. if you interlace all of the champions that are right now in existence there'd be no room for anything down the line. > > so while it might feel like a narrative cop out the fact of the matter is that many things in league are better off without an explanation. > > the "demon" title is confusing. honestly they should have never used it. in a world without gods and angels... why do we need demons? {{champion:106}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:25}} because Gods demigods and angels all exist?
> [{quoted}](name=AnythingSupports,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hEj8naPN,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T13:14:35.437+0000) > > {{champion:10}} {{champion:25}} because angels all exist? Retconned, angels aren't a thing anymore. A change I disagree with but alas.
: Remove Spear of Shojin from ARAM??????
If they are going to keep SoS, the least they could do is ADD Twisted Treeline items.
dudekri (EUW)
: As i recently had Renekton with the assassin item i can tell you the item overrides the berserker buff and will jump to the furthest target. Cant speak for anything else though.
I put a Berserker on Qiyana once, she jumped to the back (furthest), not front.
GreenLore (EUW)
: To be honest, I would like more characterization about Rhaast, but it shouldn't necessarily humanize him, just add to how much of a nutjob he is. Like seeing his view on life and why he enjoys killing so much, it doesn't have to be anything tragic or something like that, but even a nutjob can have more character than "I like killing".
As long as it sticks to his mind now and him now, talking to Kayn, sure. Adding characterisation to Varus or Aatrox, to make them maybe out to be tragic souls, is ill-fitting (to me) based on their current murderous/revengeful ways but back lore does help put them in a place you can understand why they are doing it. Rhaast on the other hand, I feel he needs to be the opposite. Less the better. This monster was once human enough to not only be some kind of hero in Shurima but 'worthy' enough to warrant Ascension. The idea that Riot could add lore enough for people to feel sympathy for his character, to make him out to be some tragic hero? Not for me. sadistic murderer is the best characterisation they could give him.
Draehl (NA)
: In my experience if a tank/bruiser heavy teams just waits it out, farm and defend their tower, and don't get too aggressive they can easily win later in the game. It isn't the most fun, but an easy win if there isn't too much feeding.
Had a game yesterday where my team was Ez, Senna, Jinx, Lux and Jhin vs Ornn, Mundo, Naut, Udyr and Tristana. At the start they complained about being poke, I told them, they have the better team as CC tanks usually win. One big fight near the end after we poked them loads and we all just popped and they just ended as they were tanky and CCed enough to let Tristana burst us to death and they ended. Teams like ours just lose to CC tanks in the end. I've won enough all melee vs ranged poke to know this.
: I like that her passive mana recovery effect is back. Not a fan of the attack speed on e and adaptive buff on W. These feel like changes that discourage her from hopping off her ally and feel tacked on.
Team the E attack speed with Ardent. Going to add a lot of attack speed to people that don't usually have it, Garen/Yuumi bot lane may become more of a regular pick.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bc317TUo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-03T09:17:39.119+0000) > > Not going to watch the trailer, spoilers. But as long as Yelena and the Winter Guard are involved in some way, I'll be happy. Mainly Ursa and Darkstar. They both are in the movie. Matter of fact, Winter Guard is played by the actor who was Hellboy in the latest movie.
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bc317TUo,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-03T09:27:35.638+0000) > > They both are in the movie. Matter of fact, Winter Guard is played by the actor who was Hellboy in the latest movie. Winter Guard is a Russian Superhero group, Vanguard is it's leader, presume he's in it. I like Ursa Major as he's a guy that turns into a bear... kind of obvious naming that. Both him and Darkstar are mutants however, and Marvel haven't touched on that stuff yet. I hope when they do introduce them they don't go down the Ulimate Universe take on it. EDIT: Different guy, it seems Red Guardian it is.
: "Black Widow" official Teaser got released just yesterday
Not going to watch the trailer, spoilers. But as long as Yelena and the Winter Guard are involved in some way, I'll be happy. Mainly Ursa and Darkstar.
: I know nothing about Marvel at all or who she even is... but like does she even have any super powers???
> [{quoted}](name=50CaliberHecate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bc317TUo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-03T09:01:14.591+0000) > > I know nothing about Marvel at all or who she even is... but like does she even have any super powers??? She's basically a russian super spy, trained to be amazing. Skilled fighter, marksman, has these 'stingers' on her wrists that shock people. She also has slow aging and immunity to poisens and stuff, similar to Nick Fury but neither on the level of Cap's strength and enhancements and no where near Wolverine's healing.
Keiyani (NA)
: AP Shyvana needs to be nerfed in ARAM
Had an AP Shyv do 28k damage in a game. This is more than twice anyone else. Watching helpless Kalista on the other team lost 50% of her HP with 1 E then a DH proc killing her was just sad.
Show more

Jaspers

Level 277 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion