: Morde is awesome, and was not transformed into another Riven?
Zeanix (OCE)
: I would take Demacian Vice Cait over Arcade any day
: > [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=953m7l9N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-12T17:55:30.956+0000) > > i'm fully aware of these things but this is about the boards playing favourites just as much as the claim riot does. I didn't even mention balance... You want more balance/equality among skins. I.E. lux doesn't get 10 skins for every 1 skin urgot gets kind of thing. So yes... it was mentioned in that sense. What is your point?
> [{quoted}](name=woodvsmurph,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=953m7l9N,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-23T21:36:17.010+0000) > > You want more balance/equality among skins. I.E. lux doesn't get 10 skins for every 1 skin urgot gets kind of thing. > So yes... it was mentioned in that sense. > > What is your point? my point is that these boards play favourites just as much. I used jhin as my example in 2017 i believe he got 3 skins, complaints about that were rare, however yi received a skin that same year, a year after his last one. Yi at the time had quite a few skins but almost all of them were really old, and people still complained. as for balance in skins, that's impossible. With things like annie being one of the oldest champs (ironically) and neeko being one of the newest there will never be balance. I'd rather see new skin releases balanced out, 1 skin/year for everyone for example.
: ARAM on the PBE is what ARAM should be.
random between 50 different things and 10 different things is still random. Stop pushing this false narrative that aram isn''t really random because it doesn't unlock everything. You can make it clear you want this but just stop lying to convince ppl. As for the actual request here, no thanks. I don't feel the need to have to dodge because i got some champ i simply don't like. I don't buy champs cuz i don't want to play em simple as that. Are aram accounts a thing? yeah sure, but they already get like 4 weeks of free champs added to their pool anyway.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Why can girls wear male clothes without problems
cuz there's not really any male exclusive clothes. Male clothing is pretty much just unisex clothing. i mean i used to have a pair of jeans that were labelled as women's jeans, noone ever even noticed that because the differences are negligible.
: because it's weird and you might be confusing unisex clothing with male clothing
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hAWYTPEa,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-23T13:55:29.579+0000) > > because it's weird > and you might be confusing unisex clothing with male clothing they're literally the same thing tho...
Asuniki (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LbMqk70A,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-21T11:41:17.255+0000) > > none of you cared when it was jhin getting this treatment, stop bitchin bout it now. Well duh no one made a fuss when Jhin got that treatment! Jhin is an interesting character; SOMETHING DIFFERENT, unlike the classic "pretty woman, pretty body, big ass" stereotype. Kai'sa is just another Miss fortune.
> [{quoted}](name=Asuniki,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LbMqk70A,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-06-22T06:05:00.364+0000) > > Well duh no one made a fuss when Jhin got that treatment! Jhin is an interesting character; SOMETHING DIFFERENT, unlike the classic "pretty woman, pretty body, big ass" stereotype. Kai'sa is just another Miss fortune. that's called favouritism. he's really nothing that special nor is kai'sa as bland as you claim. and considering how much lore she's gotten relative to others MF is one of the most fleshed out characters in this game and honestly quite interesting.
: So if ezreal keeps abusing items, why do people keep wanting the items nerfed instead of ezreal
because to these boards ezreal using an item is abusing it. they'll stop complaining when ezreal somehow has to build a mess of items that barely keep him together. 47% winrate but he's "abusing" items... yeah let's nerf ez.
: So there's literally no point anymore in even trying to play Teamfight Tactics
How does this in any way affect the way it's played on the live servers? PBE is 1 server in america, for the whole world. It's not prepared for this type of population. Stupid to release this on pbe and not just test it on live.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LbMqk70A,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T16:20:00.005+0000) > > aye by now. let's not act like he didn't get 3 skins in 1 year and no thread complaining or even just adressing that fact ever got any traction on these boards. > > There's a reason i used past tense there. kinda hypocritical to complain about riot favouritism when boards displays blatant favouritism all the time. Ok, lets take a very close look at those 3 skins. First one came out in February beginning of the year. Last one came out in November of the year. These 2 are very much planned. The second one, however, yes it came out in late June, but that was a team skin, meaning "unplanned." Source: https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Jhin/Skins Kai'sa, however, receives not only a new skin, but A PRESTIGE VERSION TOO in her first year. I have more to gripe about that, compared to Jhin who at least went A FULL YEAR and 8 days before getting his first non-release day skin.
> [{quoted}](name=TengenToppaGnar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LbMqk70A,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T17:40:10.445+0000) > > Ok, lets take a very close look at those 3 skins. First one came out in February beginning of the year. Last one came out in November of the year. These 2 are very much planned. The second one, however, yes it came out in late June, but that was a team skin, meaning "unplanned." > Source: https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Jhin/Skins > > Kai'sa, however, receives not only a new skin, but A PRESTIGE VERSION TOO in her first year. I have more to gripe about that, compared to Jhin who at least went A FULL YEAR and 8 days before getting his first non-release day skin. if team skins don't count prestige skins don't count. the fact that you're trying to defend jhin just proves my point. He got 3 skins in a year while in the same period ppl were bitching about yi getting a skin cuz he already had so many, even tho yi was on a clean 1skin/year since release track. people didn't care then cuz they like jhin, they complain now cuz they don't like kai'sa.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LbMqk70A,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-21T11:41:17.255+0000) > > none of you cared when it was jhin getting this treatment, stop bitchin bout it now. ???? There is a huge difference between whats practically a year between each one, vs every 3/4 months. Son you really need to check your facts
> [{quoted}](name=TengenToppaGnar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LbMqk70A,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-06-21T15:36:48.475+0000) > > ???? There is a huge difference between whats practically a year between each one, vs every 3/4 months. > Son you really need to check your facts aye by now. let's not act like he didn't get 3 skins in 1 year and no thread complaining or even just adressing that fact ever got any traction on these boards. There's a reason i used past tense there. kinda hypocritical to complain about riot favouritism when boards displays blatant favouritism all the time.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: I think Sion passive is the only passive that helps the enemy team
nah. no way and adc is just facetanking you unless they're at 6 items and you're not. Especially not lethality sion, sure you can be kited but that's something else all together. and honestly if you're lethality sion, it should be a 4v5 after your ult anyway.
: Revert Akali. 10 Nerfs after rework = rework was a failure.
Saezio (EUNE)
: They got a ton of gold but they are still the lowest income role. Why do laners need ANOTHER source of gold when they are already getting all the minion gold? Why would it EVER be ok on an ADC that is the highest income role that also can opt into Cull if they want to get more gold, but not on support who are not even close to ADC in gold numbers? Who else abused klepto and was left untouched as a result? GP was nerfed, Viktor was nerfed. I am not saying ezreal should be nerfed btw, I am saying he should not be balanced around items that suit only him and none else. Make him a trinity force ADC again and balance his numbers around that. IBG was designed as an item with a ranged penalty that was removed later on, so it _was designed_ as a melee oriented item.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8kHZaFbR,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-21T12:34:37.792+0000) > > They got a ton of gold but they are still the lowest income role. Why do laners need ANOTHER source of gold when they are already getting all the minion gold? Why would it EVER be ok on an ADC that is the highest income role that also can opt into Cull if they want to get more gold, but not on support who are not even close to ADC in gold numbers? Alright so why do they need another income ontop of their already good income AND cheap as fuck items? Adc in theory should get about the same income a midlaner or toplane gets as it's still just a lane, and ezreal is the only one that uses klepto. He's also the biggest special case when it comes to adc as he's basically an ad mage. > Who else abused klepto and was left untouched as a result? GP was nerfed, Viktor was nerfed. I don't remember the exact patches so i'm not gonna go say anything with 100% certainty but if i recall correctly klepto was already reworked by the time viktor started using it and it was nerfed prior because of both ezreal and GP. so why would ez be treated better than gp? well ez isn't a lategame monster. Playing vs klepto GP felt awfull, he just sat back under turret and scaled stupidly fast while you had to sit and watch. Ezreal ain't scaling after mid game. Karma is using it now i heard. I think nasus uses it occasionally. > I am not saying ezreal should be nerfed btw, I am saying he should not be balanced around items that suit only him and none else. Make him a trinity force ADC again and balance his numbers around that. It's not that he isn''t a trinity adc anymore. Trinity still sees a large pickrate on ezreal, personally i almost always go for trinity. But really why would you go trinity atm? Hybrid build allows for decent damage while IBG allows you to survive in the current meta. He mainly goes it because at higher elo's he just simply NEEDS it to get by. > IBG was designed as an item with a ranged penalty that was removed later on, so it _was designed_ as a melee oriented item. it was changed to have a bigger slow for melee and smaller for ranged in s3 i think. i didn't play back then but looking at the items changes it seems to originally have been equal. Then it was changed to appeal to armor users more, Malphite became unstoppable that patch i'm pretty sure.
: Because Ezreal. Don't worry Riot will Nerf bat Viktor and anyone else for using those items but Ezreal gets a free pass because he sells skins.
> [{quoted}](name=SweedishGunner,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8kHZaFbR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-21T12:07:59.251+0000) > > Because Ezreal. Don't worry Riot will Nerf bat Viktor and anyone else for using those items but Ezreal gets a free pass because he sells skins. yes which is why pretty much any time ezreal dominates the lane he gets nerfed. maybe he sells skins cuz he's still got a 30% pickrate at 47% winrate?
Saezio (EUNE)
: Why is IBG not melee only? Why is klepto not a Support mastery?
> Was this designed as a ranged item? Cause it's only used by ranged champions(or at least 75%+ of the people that buy it are not melee). And if it was meant to be a ranged item, why does it have penalty for ranged users? it was designed as an item, for champions. No melee or ranged in particular, but preferably tanky. which is why it doesn't have a penalty for ranged use but a penalty for non tank use. as for masteries they aren't made to be fore specific classes aside from conquerer which was born out of bruiser tears. Klepto got abused by more than just ezreal but hey i know how much y'all like circlejerking ezreal. as for making it support only: why? why do supports need ANOTHER source of gold balanced around em? they already get a ton of gold at this point.
: Kai'Sa Favoritism much?
> She is getting MORE SKINS than any other champ in the span of time between her release and now. none of you cared when it was jhin getting this treatment, stop bitchin bout it now.
: > [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jMG8BLAE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-18T23:43:59.468+0000) > > ... Different development teams. Not really. I would watch the anime: "New Game" if you wanna learn anything about game design etc. ALL teams have to work TOGETHER. To make sure the game is properly running. They have thousands of employees. And none of them are competent enough to do their jobs. Its not just balance. Its also playtest, lead devs, engine, art/skins now (with epileptic seize skin of Ez and the art work for the finishes that were out for a short time.) The "different dev teams" means nothing. Its just no one wants to speak up and do their jobs properly. They wish to half ass instead.
> [{quoted}](name=Support Position,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jMG8BLAE,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-06-19T03:33:40.662+0000) > > Not really. > > I would watch the anime: "New Game" if you wanna learn anything about game design etc. this is a joke right? you don't honestly expect people to take you serious when you write that shit?
: Its always made me sad how HotS has dozens of maps/game mods that are available every day AND a weekly rotating game mode all 100% unique. Just sad. Cause RIOT has alot more resources in on LoL than Blizz does HotS. But then again all RIOT has ever done is Ctrl+C from other games and has not come up with 1 single original idea, when considering games/game modes.
> [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jMG8BLAE,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-06-19T12:50:07.136+0000) > > Its always made me sad how HotS has dozens of maps/game mods that are available every day AND a weekly rotating game mode all 100% unique. Just sad. Cause RIOT has alot more resources in on LoL than Blizz does HotS. > > But then again all RIOT has ever done is Ctrl+C from other games and has not come up with 1 single original idea, when considering games/game modes. hots was literally blizzards cash grab when they saw the moba genre popped off and then ditched when they dropped again. There's a bunch of different maps but in the end they're just stupid gimmicks that don't really change much, it's just some maps require you to collect bs before you're allowed to play the game. genuinly don't know why so many ppl dickride hots when it's really nothing special.
KamabV (EUW)
: What is and what is not detected by the IFS.
you can't get a definitive answer to that. Every region is different as shown by the difference between korea and NA. Same goes for EUW and NA. Splitting fuck or fucking in euw is kinda overkill, ain't gonna get banned for that. Idk about %%%% as i honestly don't see it much anymore. All in all euw is more lenient compared to NA. if he did all that for such soft slurs i doubt you got flamed that hard. and he's probably not consistent with it.
: Ryze is no longer a Battlemage, but a DPS mages
they never bothered making the distinction between battlemage and dps mage, no way cass is a damn battlemage.
: For those of you who aren't sure whats in Rift Quest, its this skin line! Bard - Bard Bard Knight - Braum Lionheart Warrior - Rugged Garen Cleric - Gragas Caskbreaker Paladin - Jayce Brighthammer Necromancer - Karthus Lightsbane Dark Paladin - Lord Mordekaiser Soldiers - Demolisher Nunu & Willump Beast Rider - Sejuani Dawnchaser Barbarian - Barbarian Sion Wizard - Ryze Whitebeard Archer - Varus Swiftbolt Dark Wizard - Veigar Greybeard We're missing the niche of Rogue, Druid, and Monk (and technically Sorcerer and Warlock), so there's still space for expansion if they do more skins with an event release!
> [{quoted}](name=Paletongue,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=YqeRg90J,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-18T14:32:44.010+0000) > > For those of you who aren't sure whats in Rift Quest, its this skin line! > > Bard - Bard Bard > Knight - Braum Lionheart > Warrior - Rugged Garen > Cleric - Gragas Caskbreaker > Paladin - Jayce Brighthammer > Necromancer - Karthus Lightsbane > Dark Paladin - Lord Mordekaiser > Soldiers - Demolisher Nunu & Willump > Beast Rider - Sejuani Dawnchaser > Barbarian - Barbarian Sion > Wizard - Ryze Whitebeard > Archer - Varus Swiftbolt > Dark Wizard - Veigar Greybeard > > We're missing the niche of Rogue, Druid, and Monk (and technically Sorcerer and Warlock), so there's still space for expansion if they do more skins with an event release! wouldn't it make sense to split up rogue in assassin and thief(or just rogue again i don't remember what term dnd uses) as the base rogue class splits into those afaik.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEqYyWWg,comment-id=0000000000000000000000030000,timestamp=2019-06-18T16:11:18.651+0000) > > which is really just a term for bruiser assassin hybrid. yup, is it just me or do skirmishers seem to be the class with a lot of damage, a lot of mobility, a lot of defence, and a lot of CC? it actually disturbs me that this role wasn't shut down when it was first concieved
> [{quoted}](name=thefatlazycat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEqYyWWg,comment-id=00000000000000000000000300000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T19:11:54.686+0000) > > yup, is it just me or do skirmishers seem to be the class with a lot of damage, a lot of mobility, a lot of defence, and a lot of CC? it actually disturbs me that this role wasn't shut down when it was first concieved no they lack the defensive strength a juggernaut or regular fighter has. yi is one of the squishiest melee's in the game and thus has damage and mobility to keep him safe. Compared to jax his defensive tools are alot weaker but he's more mobile, compared to garen his defensive tools are laughable imo but his mobility is a shit ton better. Despite the current meta favouring them, the differences are still clear.
: Instead of Ryze's 6th rework, can we get a rework for Aurelion????
: Mobile legends heroes that look like league of legends champions mixed together.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akashic Torment,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEqYyWWg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T04:20:36.151+0000) > > Yi pretty much requires ALL of the resources early to be able to get away with carrying. That and picking him against a team with little to no cc. Which happens alot in the gold and below area. Too many people are focused on being the carry and not about team synergy that Yi can get away with damn near anything in that rank. > > Another weakness to YI is that even if he does get all the resources, once he dies, his team has nothing to follow up. its just his life steal is way to much all 5 players on a team cant kill him when we 1v5 him there should be no champ in the game that can 1v5 a team when they only have 4 kills
> [{quoted}](name=Vault loves kit,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEqYyWWg,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T04:27:12.851+0000) > > its just his life steal is way to much all 5 players on a team cant kill him when we 1v5 him there should be no champ in the game that can 1v5 a team when they only have 4 kills no yi 1v5's at 4 kills unless he also has farm equal to like your whole team combined. He's a low elo stomper, you're low elo.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chocolate Frost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEqYyWWg,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T05:03:52.242+0000) > > Yi is an assassin, if left untouched by crowd control then that is exactly what an assassin can and will do. actually he's a skirmisher
> [{quoted}](name=thefatlazycat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEqYyWWg,comment-id=000000000000000000000003,timestamp=2019-06-18T13:28:17.773+0000) > > actually he's a skirmisher which is really just a term for bruiser assassin hybrid.
: Literal meaning is not symbolic. You are just reiterating your ignorance w/ these replies. A slave breaking free from chains is still a slave, and probably a dead one at that. Same goes for the chains worn by Native Americans or Jewish people. I am not some ACLU human rights activist, I am just pointing out the obvious. Sylas is the equivalent of Luke Cage being white.
> [{quoted}](name=Power Cosmic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qn5J569b,comment-id=00000004000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T15:25:20.785+0000) > > Literal meaning is not symbolic. You are just reiterating your ignorance w/ these replies. A slave breaking free from chains is still a slave, and probably a dead one at that. Same goes for the chains worn by Native Americans or Jewish people. I am not some ACLU human rights activist, I am just pointing out the obvious. Sylas is the equivalent of Luke Cage being white. Yes i must be ignorant because i understand there's more to symbolism than just one meaning linked to some minority. I've given you plenty of symbolic meaning for chains while you just say they don't work with a revolution story. Breaking from the chains of your oppressor is a symbolic meaning, not a literal one. So basically you have a problem with sylas being white because? last time i checked skin color has no connection to starting a revolution. Native americans and jews have nothing to do with sylas so by context we can establish his chains don't have anything to do with them either. I'm not big on marvel or tv series so i had to look up luke cage. If i understand right he's some dude who got experimented on and escaped. The only thing he has in common with sylas is both having escaped from somewhere. I don't see how either couldn't be white.
: Make frozen gauntlet melee only please?
or just give it the mallet treatment? halve it's slow on ranged.
: By ignoring symbolism, you are disrespecting what chains stand for in many cultures across the globe whose history involves oppression. If you make stuff for everyone, you got to do it right. Sylas was made ignoring large groups of people, which is wrong. Everyone is better off if everyone is taken into account when delivering to the masses. Therefore, no one feels left behind.
> [{quoted}](name=Power Cosmic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qn5J569b,comment-id=000000040000,timestamp=2019-06-18T14:58:56.010+0000) > > By ignoring symbolism, you are disrespecting what chains stand for in many cultures across the globe whose history involves oppression. If you make stuff for everyone, you got to do it right. Sylas was made ignoring large groups of people, which is wrong. Everyone is better off if everyone is taken into account when delivering to the masses. broken chains stand for breaking free, they've been used that way plenty. here's the result of a quick google search alone: https://www.sunsigns.org/chain-symbolic-meanings/ you ignore the meaning symbols can have by only connecting one meaning to them. chains can stand for being bound to something, being oppressed/locked up and breaking free in the case of broken chains. sylas ignores what culture exactly? and how does that apply to him? champions aren't made to be liked by every player, that's why we have about 150 of em. you can't and shouldn't have to please everyone.
: I am concerned of how people will think of riot, and where league of legends is going.
champions aren't less unique because the old ones were more unique, it's because there's so many already. They're bound to have some similarities with some. And no the fat lady champ really ain't that popular outside the boards nor is that really anything that unique in and of itself. i also find it silly that you would point towards morde as if he's that unique or niche, he's just a big edgy knight on a surface level (most players don't look deeper). if twitch being a rat with a cbow is unique enough then so is yuumi being a cat on a damned flying book. Just because things are popular doesn't mean they're bad design.
: The company culture is trash and the game is going downhill as a result. Trying to please everyone bc they are about nothing, and in consequence serving no one. Sylas is a great example bc he is trash, and borderline racist.... any storyteller would tell everyone chains are a sign of oppression, and breaking free from them is breaking free from oppression. Chains leading a male model to a revolution? Spits on the stories told over the entire course of human civilization and those who have lived it. Symbolism has different forms, and in the abstract anything goes. Sylas is not abstract. Realistic symbolism can be wrong like portraying minorities as stupid, Jewish people as bad, or chains as revolutionary. Correct realistic symbols for revolutions are breaking stuff owned by the wealthy or those in power like the Bolsheviks in Russa or the Tea Party in Boston, fireworks, or killing greedy tyrants, kings, bourgeoisie, and/or aristocrats (France). Everything realistic relates to the real world so we can be better people in it. So Riot instead leaves the impression on fanboy/girls and employees that ignorance is cool and nothing matters. When really, ignorance is bad and everything matters. Sylas's story just flies in the face of everything humans are about. Everything is based on something correctly symbolized. If Batman was like Sylas, bats would make Bruce Wayne happy and he would like sunny days only. That doesn't relate with bats just how Sylas's story doesn't relate to chains. Yet I am just one dude who has the answers but can do nothing. gg. Revolutions encompass change not chains. Riot is a bunch of ignorant people and are only big because they were big. The worst thing is, they are bringing other things (culturally and artistically) down with them.
> [{quoted}](name=Power Cosmic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qn5J569b,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-17T21:37:12.796+0000) > > The company culture is trash and the game is going downhill as a result. Trying to please everyone bc they are about nothing, and in consequence serving no one. Sylas is a great example bc he is trash, and borderline racist.... any storyteller would tell everyone chains are a sign of oppression, and breaking free from them is breaking free from oppression. Chains leading a male model to a revolution? Spits on the stories told over the entire course of human civilization and those who have lived it. Symbolism has different forms, and in the abstract anything goes. Sylas is not abstract. Realistic symbolism can be wrong like portraying minorities as stupid, Jewish people as bad, or chains as revolutionary. Correct realistic symbols for revolutions are breaking stuff owned by the wealthy or those in power like the Bolsheviks in Russa or the Tea Party in Boston, fireworks, or killing greedy tyrants, kings, bourgeoisie, and/or aristocrats (France). Everything realistic relates to the real world so we can be better people in it. So Riot instead leaves the impression on fanboy/girls and employees that ignorance is cool and nothing matters. When really, ignorance is bad and everything matters. Sylas's story just flies in the face of everything humans are about. Everything is based on something correctly symbolized. If Batman was like Sylas, bats would make Bruce Wayne happy and he would like sunny days only. That doesn't relate with bats just how Sylas's story doesn't relate to chains. the chains are literally just his weapons, the chains he fucking broke for his freedom. broken chains are a symbol of breaking free btw. but you knew that right? The main take away i can get from this is that you don't wanna understand sylas' design because it's not your ideal of the rebel/revolution leader. While he is a revolution leader breaking free of the chains that bind him is his biggest thematic. He's borderline racist in what way? his design isn't a racial caricature and he doesn't exactly have a racist agenda. I also didn't know men, especially handsome men, weren't allowed to lead a revolution. > Yet I am just one dude who has the answers but can do nothing. gg. sounding a bit elitist for someone trying to beat the evil big bourgoisie. ignorance is bliss i suppose.
: Is there still a zero tolerance policy for certain phrases?
In na afaik yes. Idk if it gives you instant 2 weeks tho. > (which I know because I checked their account to see their match history) Y'all need better things to do in your lives.
: That’s why they don’t keep Gnar decent. The exact reason why, he completely invalidates an entire class of champions when he becomes the optimal pick. It’s a very awkward situation, Riot shoved bruiser bot lanes back out of the game pretty fast after they had barely picked up steam so they’ve got no where else to go feasibly other than top (their historically chosen lane,) niche picks as mid laners (usually to counter pick certain matchups,) and sometimes jungle if they can compete with the jungle roster in any given meta. Just think of it this way, if Karma or Kennen got chased out of top lane they’d still have places to go. If Darius or Illaoi (for example) get chased out of top, then they’re just out of the game, as a most extreme example.
> [{quoted}](name=Luminiferous Cat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kJgv0YmU,comment-id=00020000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-16T23:45:30.871+0000) > > That’s why they don’t keep Gnar decent. The exact reason why, he completely invalidates an entire class of champions when he becomes the optimal pick. > > It’s a very awkward situation, Riot shoved bruiser bot lanes back out of the game pretty fast after they had barely picked up steam so they’ve got no where else to go feasibly other than top (their historically chosen lane,) niche picks as mid laners (usually to counter pick certain matchups,) and sometimes jungle if they can compete with the jungle roster in any given meta. > > Just think of it this way, if Karma or Kennen got chased out of top lane they’d still have places to go. If Darius or Illaoi (for example) get chased out of top, then they’re just out of the game, as a most extreme example. ok so in this ideal world where toplane is melee only where do the likes of {{champion:150}} {{champion:17}} go? cuz afaik they got no decent other place to go. I play teemo bot but i'm silver, that shit don't work in high elo.
: Klepto ranged top with gauntlet isn’t intended. It’s just what certain champs do to easily abuse melee matchups in a setting most optimal where they cannot be easily punished. It’ll get nerfed, just like Viktor top, it’s not healthy for the game and just blanket supresses an entire class of champs.
> [{quoted}](name=Luminiferous Cat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kJgv0YmU,comment-id=000200000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-16T20:17:31.100+0000) > > Klepto ranged top with gauntlet isn’t intended. It’s just what certain champs do to easily abuse melee matchups in a setting most optimal where they cannot be easily punished. > > It’ll get nerfed, just like Viktor top, it’s not healthy for the game and just blanket supresses an entire class of champs. if {{champion:150}} was a decent champion again you know these same threads would pop up about him. This shit happens to other champions who mainly go top and are ranged. If "toplane is their lane" goes for melee's why doesn't it go for them?
: Did anyone ask for karma buffs?
Karma mains prolly, they love bitching bout that champ. I'd give em their Midland karma back if only to never see her bot again.
: How is playing bruiser roster toplaners “abusing” them? Playing them in their intended roles with intended plays types is baddd?
> [{quoted}](name=Luminiferous Cat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kJgv0YmU,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-16T19:49:18.420+0000) > > How is playing bruiser roster toplaners “abusing” them? Playing them in their intended roles with intended plays types is baddd? How is playing ranged toplaners abusing ? Playing in their intended roles with intended playstyle is bad?
: @Riot Zephy - Did you honestly apologize to an AFK player yelling r%%%%%?
Can we stop sharing that discord screen cap as if it's a fucking dm? He's clearly using a function that signals any rioter part of that program like the boards discord does when you contact a mod. The dude's been busy with multiple big things. And probably has more to do than sit around waiting for someone to ask him to look into reports. He's polite towards his customers, something y'all preach they should be. But nah, let's go for his throat and get him to lose his job as if that's not fucking degenerate itself.
: This makes me very uncomfortable Riot...
these don't seem like dm's tho... He can claim friend all he likes but this seems like some discord that's either public or part of the creator program (if he's part of that idk). the dude'll get unbanned, they always unban when stuff like this happens (see singed/nunu supp mains). and in the worst case the rioter loses their job over this which would be fucking stupid.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=t9OAbJGq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-14T12:11:17.215+0000)hell i got a 2 week ban for calling reddit mods neckbeards cuz apparantly that's insulting our mods. Nah, that's actually just insulting *anyone*, which isn't allowed. We can tell comments directed at us from those directed at Reddit, but the real issue there is that insulting other people isn't really a good thing to do here.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=t9OAbJGq,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-14T14:42:14.956+0000) > > Nah, that's actually just insulting *anyone*, which isn't allowed. We can tell comments directed at us from those directed at Reddit, but the real issue there is that insulting other people isn't really a good thing to do here. yes i'm sure reddit moderator 50193 sensed my comment and got deeply offended by such a foul derogatory term. I'd take this serious but someone can legit talk about how much of a moron i am but the second i call him a headass i'll get my comment removed. The mod who dealt with it specifically said i'm free to voice my opinion on the boards mods but not insult them. not to mention how inconsistent the moderation team is. in the end it's all just get lucky the specific mods i'm refering to don't see it, when they don't these boards are fairly enjoyable.
: The difference between the EUW / NA forum moderation team is unspeakable.
nah you just gotta get lucky with the mod that sees your shit here honestly. I've had shit like "wtf are you smoking" removed cuz it might hurt someones feelings, other times i've seen and used it myself without any consquences. hell i got a 2 week ban for calling reddit mods neckbeards cuz apparantly that's insulting our mods.
Dynikus (NA)
: There were a lot of threads complaining about jhin when he got multiple skins in the same year, not sure what you're talking about. I also know a lot of people were pretty unhappy with jhin's darkstar skin. Not for the same reasons, but just because of the quality of the skin.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=953m7l9N,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-12T18:13:32.627+0000) > > There were a lot of threads complaining about jhin when he got multiple skins in the same year, not sure what you're talking about. > I also know a lot of people were pretty unhappy with jhin's darkstar skin. Not for the same reasons, but just because of the quality of the skin. like i said, if you look for em you'll find em. but none ever got any traction if they weren't just downvoted to hell. I'm fully aware people made em, i did one myself, tho more in the same style as this. if you can prove me wrong then actually do so and link me one of those many threads you're talking about. and i expect it to have atleast 10+ upvotes. or i won't see it as gaining any traction at all.
: It's not favoritism or not ONLY favoritism as far as skins are concerned. Some champions' characteristics are simply more flexible than others as far as skins are concerned and therefore more skins will be made for them. Compare some champs with many skins (lux, ahri, kai'sa, etc.) to others with few. Then ask yourself, which ones are easier to make a new skin for? When you have to say... account for a giant anchor or similar item in their equipment or... they're a centaur so every skin needs to involve 4 legs - you end up having fewer options and/or needing to put more thought into designing a new skin. Rush and you end up with a crappy idea or basically a new paint job on the same skin. And there is also the factor of popularity. If only a hundred people in the world drive a car brand, then you can bet you're not going to try popping out a new model every year. Whereas if hundreds of thousands drive your brand, then you can be more safe in assuming somebody will be wanting a new model any given year. Similar scenario with skins. More people play the champ, more profitable it should be designing a new skin for them. Sure once in awhile you might design a new mundo file skin or crabgot skin, but not every year because if it takes same or more investment to make a skin for them and you sell way fewer skins for more or less same price per skin as popstar ahri or kda kai'sa... you make way less money for the same amount of (or even more) work. Therefore, it makes more sense and is more justifiable to have a perception of favoritism when it comes to skins. When it comes to balancing champions or classes, that is where favoritism has no place. Sadly, not everyone gets that memo.
> [{quoted}](name=woodvsmurph,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=953m7l9N,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-12T17:50:19.033+0000) > > It's not favoritism or not ONLY favoritism as far as skins are concerned. Some champions' characteristics are simply more flexible than others as far as skins are concerned and therefore more skins will be made for them. Compare some champs with many skins (lux, ahri, kai'sa, etc.) to others with few. Then ask yourself, which ones are easier to make a new skin for? > > When you have to say... account for a giant anchor or similar item in their equipment or... they're a centaur so every skin needs to involve 4 legs - you end up having fewer options and/or needing to put more thought into designing a new skin. Rush and you end up with a crappy idea or basically a new paint job on the same skin. > > And there is also the factor of popularity. If only a hundred people in the world drive a car brand, then you can bet you're not going to try popping out a new model every year. Whereas if hundreds of thousands drive your brand, then you can be more safe in assuming somebody will be wanting a new model any given year. Similar scenario with skins. More people play the champ, more profitable it should be designing a new skin for them. Sure once in awhile you might design a new mundo file skin or crabgot skin, but not every year because if it takes same or more investment to make a skin for them and you sell way fewer skins for more or less same price per skin as popstar ahri or kda kai'sa... you make way less money for the same amount of (or even more) work. > > Therefore, it makes more sense and is more justifiable to have a perception of favoritism when it comes to skins. > > When it comes to balancing champions or classes, that is where favoritism has no place. Sadly, not everyone gets that memo. i'm fully aware of these things but this is about the boards playing favourites just as much as the claim riot does. I didn't even mention balance...
AIQ (NA)
: > You can make excuses all you want noone complained when jhin was in fact the one with the highest skin/age ratio beating the likes of lux and yi, yet people still went mad over lux/yi skins. I've never heard Yi, but I'll take your word for it. Jhin received 2 skins over a year and 7 months from release. I will agree that is still a lot. > And i will count the esports skins, if they don't count then neither should prestige. The only esports skins that do not count are "team specific" Conquerer or Champion ship are not included. The reason they do not count is that the winner selects them and they are not selected by Riot so Riot cannot be blamed that Kaisa, Ezreal or Jhin was selected as it was not their choice. **Prestige is Riots choice. ** > Now kai'sa managed to beat even jhin and people are once again losing their shit. Again Kaisas Skin spree is not my biggest concern. It's how garbage the skin is. And that she was rushed with all these skins and it is low quality work. Her spree is just an extra point I can use to state my case, but is not my case. > If it means anything i think all these skins look bad aside from the qiyana one (based on splash art atleast). I agree except Cait I think it works. Qiyana should have been Arcade not BB. >That doesn't mean they couldn't have been good. Kai'sa coulda been much better if she had taken more metroid inspirations. We agree again great! The skin is trash this is the problem. > The cait skin looks bland as hell imo, her outfit's just boring. I don't agree here, but I will respect your opinion on the matter. > Yasuo's should just be renamed to arcade and be put on the hero side, doesn't mean he couldn't have been a good battleboss. His face is the big issue tho. 100% agree. > aside from kai'sa all these champs have gone quite some time since their last skin so i don't mind, they're just not for me. "Some time"? Have you heard of the 1000 day club? Udyr/Xerath and a few others are at +1500 days Exact numbers {{champion:157}} 273 {{champion:51}} 314 {{champion:145}} 50-esport/ 188- KDA (Prestige was after) > Battleboss could fit anyone if done right. Sephirot is one of the most famous videogame villains and he's also just a dude with a sword. Yasuo would even fit by your qualifications as most of his shit is aoe. But it's better on evil APC like Xerath and Velkoz. > There was in fact a champion more fit for the legendary dark star skin. The only champion that's probably a more psychotic killer than jhin, he even got a dark star skin in that same batch: Shaco. True, very true. To me Shaco is more pure evil though. Jhin is under the impression that he is making beautiful art. Shaco knows what he is doing. > If these boards were consistent with their ideology of fairness then there woulda been multiple threads about him deserving the legendary. And yet there weren't because boards don't like shacman. Oh If that's what we are talking about then yes 100% Shaco deserved a Legendary over Jhin. No Argument here. Anyone from the 1000 day club DESERVES skins more than ANYONE out of it. My only point was that Jhin fit the best for that specific skin. Dark star legendary Skin should have been Xerath. No exceptions. > It's just very clear these boards play favourites just as much as they claim riot does. My favorite is Shyvana, Naut and Syndra. I have only purchased skins for those champions. I want PROJECT Jhin, but I don't I have not unlocked it yet in a box. I have no Biased towards Jhin. I will be clear, Jhin, Kaisa, Yasuo, and Caitlyn do not deserve NONE of the skins they are recieving, over any memeber of the 1000 day club. My only side point is, Jhin of those 4 fits his skin the best. By a long shot. Yasuo, Kaisa are simply compounded by the fact that they are uninspired as well.
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OkG5wV3L,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-12T17:30:04.676+0000) > > I've never heard Yi, but I'll take your word for it. Jhin received 2 skins over a year and 7 months from release. I will agree that is still a lot. He and annie used to get alot of shit cuz they got quite a few skins, guess ppl finally realised most are old as hell. > **Prestige is Riots choice. ** Yes they're riot's choice, but they're always an altered form of a different skin. There has never been a prestige version without the base version. > Again Kaisas Skin spree is not my biggest concern. It's how garbage the skin is. And that she was rushed with all these skins and it is low quality work. Her spree is just an extra point I can use to state my case, but is not my case. Like i said i think all of these look pretty bad aside from qiyana's, which is a battleboss i'm pretty sure. > "Some time"? Have you heard of the 1000 day club? Udyr/Xerath and a few others are at +1500 days > Exact numbers > {{champion:157}} 273 > {{champion:51}} 314 > {{champion:145}} 50-esport/ 188- KDA (Prestige was after) I have and personally i do think that's an issue the game has. I think +/- 1 year between skins would be ideal, thus yasuo and cait are fine imo. However the champs who don't have that are hard to bring in line as they're already behind, if riot manages to close of that list soon and then sticks to +/- 1 year releases we'd be in a good spot tbh. > But it's better on evil APC like Xerath and Velkoz. I think blitz shows that doesn't have to be the case. If yasuo didn't look like a good guy as much as he did it woulda worked fine imo.
Rioter Comments
AIQ (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OkG5wV3L,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-12T14:05:30.188+0000) > > Well you see riot tried that shit with jhin and y'all didn't mind so why are you losing your minds when it happens to kai'sa? Jhin last received project in Nov-2017. A year and some change **from that skin.** He's had 3 skins since release (exempting SKT which does not count.) Kaisa was released in March 2018. She recieved 3 additional skins to date. (Exempting IG since that does not count.) Now after a year+~6months Jhin recieved his Legendary Cosmic skin. After ~120 -130 **DAYS From that skin** Kaisa will receive her 4th skin in a **SHORTER **duration from her release that Jhin received his last skin. The situations are not the same. Jhin (IMO) is spaced out well for a popular champion. However, more so than that, **Jhin fits the script**. (see what i did there). Arcade Kaisa, BB Yasuo, and even BB Qiyana are all terrible choices thematically. Caitlyn, who also does not deserve the skin, fits exceptionally well like Jhin. My problem with Kaisa is not so much that she recieved 5 skins in under a year and a half. IT's more that she was given a skin that so many champions would have fit better and than her's is so ugly. The colors are terrible, her hair is terrible, Her stance is terrible. Compare it to Ahris. Nothing about Arcade Kaisa is good. BB Yasuo is also a cash grab, which again is uninspired. He needed to make them money so they made him look as "cool" as possible. Battle Bosses resonate best with mages, why? The are usually AOE monsters, ZIggs/Brand/ Vei even Malzahar can impact multiple people. Xerath, Velkoz etc. would have been much stronger candidates. There was no better Dark/Cosmic Champion than Jhin. No one is tailored around being Psychotic like Jhin. So he was the best fit. Is he the best Darkstar or Cosmic champion candidate? No. However, they went with both which is interesting and that's why only Jhin could do it.
You can make excuses all you want noone complained when jhin was in fact the one with the highest skin/age ratio beating the likes of lux and yi, yet people still went mad over lux/yi skins. And i will count the esports skins, if they don't count then neither should prestige. Now kai'sa managed to beat even jhin and people are once again losing their shit. If it means anything i think all these skins look bad aside from the qiyana one (based on splash art atleast). That doesn't mean they couldn't have been good. Kai'sa coulda been much better if she had taken more metroid inspirations. Idk why qiyana wouldn't fit as some evil queen character, her outfit fits her. Honestly she feels like an arcade skin that switched sides. The cait skin looks bland as hell imo, her outfit's just boring. Yasuo's should just be renamed to arcade and be put on the hero side, doesn't mean he couldn't have been a good battleboss. His face is the big issue tho. aside from kai'sa all these champs have gone quite some time since their last skin so i don't mind, they're just not for me. Battleboss could fit anyone if done right. Sephirot is one of the most famous videogame villains and he's also just a dude with a sword. Yasuo would even fit by your qualifications as most of his shit is aoe. There was in fact a champion more fit for the legendary dark star skin. The only champion that's probably a more psychotic killer than jhin, he even got a dark star skin in that same batch: Shaco. If these boards were consistent with their ideology of fairness then there woulda been multiple threads about him deserving the legendary. And yet there weren't because boards don't like shacman. It's just very clear these boards play favourites just as much as they claim riot does.
: "We don't pick favorites for skins"
where were you goons last patch when jhin got ANOTHER skin even the legendary that coulda gone to poor shaco who was in the 1k days club. Oh wait that was a champ the boards likes so i guess riot can't pick favorites but you can.
: Riot games has just set out a new rule!
> can we talk about why the fuck kaisa got another skin? its cute af but i honestly am fucking sick and tired of the same champs getting skin after skin, go give it to Xerath or something or shyvana, like seriously, she got her worlds skin, kda, prestige, relax. Well you see riot tried that shit with jhin and y'all didn't mind so why are you losing your minds when it happens to kai'sa?
: Here's what the real problem with Yasuo's skin is.
i hope one day these boards manage to get off of jhin's dick.
floo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0E0EL19k,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-11T20:31:52.059+0000) > > when you look at skins compared to a champion's age jhin stands on top. But hey the boards like jhin so it's ok. Kai'Sa has been on top with her 4th skin already. For Jhin it's been 21 months between release and Project, 40 for his 5th skin DS. Kai'Sa received her 4th skin IG within 13 months, her 5th after 15 aka in 2 weeks.
> [{quoted}](name=floo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0E0EL19k,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-06-12T00:39:28.761+0000) > > Kai'Sa has been on top with her 4th skin already. > For Jhin it's been 21 months between release and Project, 40 for his 5th skin DS. > Kai'Sa received her 4th skin IG within 13 months, her 5th after 15 aka in 2 weeks. yeah the prestige(forgot about this one) and team skins really bumped her up, doesn't change the fact that both are doing the same thing. yet kai'sa gets shit for it and noone here ever seems to be bothered when jhin gets another one.
Show more

Jerry SeinfeId

Level 175 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion