: Its that simple.
Let me rephrase it. If the only task is getting rid of bots, it's simple. But that's not what we have here. There are specifications to follow, such as not spending a certain amount of ressources doing it, keeping the game free, not banning ANY real person, and such. All added up, that's not as easy to solve.
Wilddeath (EUNE)
: FARMING BOTS EVERYWHERE!!
_\*Pulls the anti-bots lever\*_ _\*Angry look at Riot\*_ **Was it SO difficult? Was it? ** Come on dude, you MUST be aware that's not that simple... > They can be filtered out very quickly, only the end-of-game stats are over, and they "play" in 0-24. In addition, they are constantly Reported. - Endgame stats alone don't differentiate bots from actual players. Some results can be very similar. That's not too natural for us to take that into account because we have a gaming culture but we're taking many things for granted, and some aren't that easy to get if you've never played a video game before. You can have players with the level of bots. - Reports aren't the norm. Most players encountering bots are beginners or don't care about their level so they don't even see there are bots. - The quicker the response, the easier it is for bot designers to find how detection works and how to pass through it. That's a dynamic war, every time Riot will do something, bot creators will adjust. The current main policy is using the MMR system to let bots sink out of player's pool and periodically ban them. The only real matter is reducing as much as possible the amount of sold accounts (freshly lvl30 mostly), and the most effective way is waiting for them to reach lvl29 and ban them; this way you waste bot users' ressources as they can't tell until the very end if this account will reach lvl30. I've spent quite some time lurking at botted accounts and I can tell some are mixing bots with real players and play different queues when they're about level 25 to deceive the system. So Riot has to react to that, and so on, but eventually there is a threshold where it costs too much money to be more efficient. **TL;DR You can't stop botting. It can be reduced, and that's what is done. The bots you encounter are a mere fraction of what's going on; sure that's annoying, but you're already protected as much as possible.**
Cloud273 (NA)
: Why is no one talking about how towers and structures literally destroy themselves in clash?
> It seems the game apparently wasn't snowbally enough this season for Riot. Apparently that doesn't prevent you from experimenting long ass games. > Now they've created a mode where your turrets and other structures will literally destroy themselves if the game goes long enough. That's not specific to Riot, a LOT of tournaments in different games are limiting the duration of a round. Because you're in a bracket, with other players, and while you're enjoying your vibe for a full hour, your next opponents might have ended their game in less than 20 minutes and the remaining time, they are waiting for your result. They can't do anything but wait because they have to be ready as soon as you end your game. Also, they don't want games to end at 2am, people have personal lives so that can be unpractical. > In addition to this, clash isn't free to play, since you need a ticket to enter. They have a Blue Essence cost as well. You don't have to pay with real money. Free-to-play doesn't mean you'll have 100% of the content right away, some are gated by grinding or time spent on the game. That's kinda what makes people play for a long time: parallel to the long learning curve, you have side goals like unlocking a champion or missions. > This game is going to fail epicly. There are still stability issues at least on EUW server, so a good start would be a fully working mode before addressing other minor problems. > They've taken everything people hate about LOL in it's current state and made it a million times worse. Yeah, promoting premade gameplay to fully experiment the team experience and cooperation that should be a core aspect of the game, what are they thinking?... Rewarding players for showing team performance instead of having to play autonomous champions with high damage in soloQ, what are they doing?... I hate when I can plan events with my friends and have the good time playing in a group...
: A new breed of trash in SoloQ
> breed of trash That's amazing how a simple string of words can shut down any sense of compassion for your situation.
: Does Gunblade and Deaths dance passive healing stack?
It stacks. There are 2 categories of Unique Passives: with and without name. If they have a name (like _Cold Steel_, shared by Thornmail and Randuin's Omen), then no other passive with the same name will apply. If they don't have a name, their uniqueness prevents stacking from several copies of the **same** item. But you can stack Unique Passives with same text if they come from different items, like Kindlegem and Fiendish Codex.
: Tribunal
I'm kinda in favor of the return of Tribunal. Not because it works, but because you _think_ it works. Sometimes people just need to feel at their own scale that something is done, and giving to players a mere % of the total cases to be manually reviewed without telling them the bot is still doing almost all the job would be a nice placebo. I even suspect it was already the case back then, because the reviews were pretty straightforward, from memory you were given simple situations, with players reported on several games and usually the guilt was easy to figure out. I was doing my task at the Tribunal very seriously and I can't remember more than a couple cases where I really struggled deciding what to vote. We were far from convoluted plots that a machine would have trouble understanding.
IØIØI (NA)
: So apparently calling people "boomer" is toxic?
> Game 3 Sometimes chatlogs provided are poor examples; that especially happens when you're not heavily toxic on any game but you're slightly toxic quite often and it piles up to the breaking point. These logs aren't super toxic, but they're not clean either, that's not banter anymore once it's settled the other guy is taking it seriously and you push it further for the sole purpose of triggering him even more. Most people just want to play without having to deal with this kind of interaction, taunting is legit if you find someone who accepts it and/or answers to it without being upset, but overall if nobody's in the mood for a verbal joust, a soothing attitude is recommended, so everyone can spend a good time. I understand banter spices it up, but that's not a prerequisite to entertainment and everybody can enjoy the game without that, so you should try to keep it for the persons who will consent having that extra fun.
: Say it with me, not having mana regen on spellthief feels like dog shit
Having to manage your mana instead of mindlessly spamming for 10 minutes like your blue bar means nothing is an improvement for me. When mana isn't a problem, the only thing mattering is if you hit with your spells and nothing else. If you have to manage your mana, not only you have to hit like before, but you also have to adapt the frequency of use to keep some ressources for later. This 2-dimensional approach deepens the gameplay, mechanical aspect isn't king anymore and you have to think of a strategy to break the opponent by other means than sheer pressure.
: Is it healthy if you can't dodge ults, or Cancel them?
Pyke's ult can be physically dodged, even by sidestepping if you're quick to react/misleading in the way you move. The easy way is flashing or using hourglass/stopwatch, if he doesn't kill anyone with his ult he doesn't get the reset. Mostly, what makes it hard to dodge is the chain cc prior to his ult, but all of his other abilities are easier to dodge so if you start getting hit by them you're probably not ready for a R dodge anyway. You can also bait it and heal (not shield tho) at the last moment, if you get out of the threshold, it won't kill you and he won't have his reset.
: I'm not touching support till they do something about the gold gen.
> After i finished my tribute for the free upgrade i lost all income. And by then you have 2 support-dedicated items. At the 20 minutes mark, you already have 30% CdR, 30mana/5, extra move speed and about 240 AP. With an extra Idol, you hit that 40% CdR~infinite mana, you have all the time in the world to finish this Redemption and basically you're full stuff. The Deathcap on Supports fantasy was incredibly harmful for the game, supports have their own items line and they're extremely cost effective to compensate the loss of gold. You know, the items nobody was doing anymore because supports had enough income to buy fricking Luden's?... Why was it harmful? Because if the support is building damage, then no peeling is enough to make your mates survive, so the opposing support can only either bring damage too, or catching tools (hooks). Then, there is no cooperation between players because you don't need to be a great shotcaller to force someone into helping you killing a champion you dragged at his feet; and there's no need to play with your team if your role consists in adding the same exact thing carries are providing. The lack of cooperation makes everyone play damage or strong engages to be able to rely the least on others, and from a team game with compositions and strategy, you end up with the Temple of Mechanics. Now, you remove damage from supports and lane contingency on junglers to make them focus on utility and drakes, you can have tanks in games and they won't blow up because they won't encounter 5 carries at the same time. And tanks are team-reliant too, so it's important to make them come back imo (not full tank meta, I mean just having tanks in teams to peel/engage). Specialization of roles was allowing more strategy and game depth; after a year and a half emphasizing on versatility, we now know it just becomes a damage creep meta and that was the most frequent complaint about S9 situation. Now we have to nerf a LOT supports and junglers to get back to a healthier meta, it needs some adjustments but the basis is pretty encouraging for me. And by adjustments, I'm talking about Riot but also about players, it's difficult to rethink the way you play, a lot of people I've met underplay everything because they're afraid, they don't know what they can and can't do anymore and don't want to rely on their mates for anything. Actually, when I play support, I have a lot of adc not trying to trade or anything because they're used to not being helped; and now when you're adc, your support will often be extremely passive because he doesn't trust his lane partner. I feel like we lost years of botlane evolution in 18 months of supports having almost the same direct impact as other players (_on top of_ having indirect impact on the game, that's the real problem here). I hope it won't take years to rebuild that DUO lane trust.
: > [{quoted}](name=KnightsKemplar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4XL9YoPE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-11-27T04:05:49.641+0000) > > He was never supposed to be mechanically challenging. He's supposed to be "big brain" because you have to account for changing variables throughout the game that you can only somewhat control. > > It's fine if you think that's *also* not true, but I don't see the point of trying to sell him as something that no one said he was. Riot SPECIFICALLY said this champ has one of the "highest skill ceiling" of any champ they made before and is the hardest mechanically. Nothing was said about "big brain", they made it a point to solo out his mechanics. But even still isn't big brain either unless you just have terrible memory. Here is a quote from riot. > consider this primer your first test of faith along the path to mastering a champion with one of the highest skill ceilings in the game So You should really go back and read info on his reveal before spouting nonsense like that. Its not the only place they spoke on his difficulty either. Thats from riots own mouth and you cant just say shit like that lightly without meaning it. The champ isnt even in top 10 of mechanically hard champs. He is just different from the way you usually play league champs and is anti new player friendly.
> "highest skill ceiling" of any champ they made before and is the hardest mechanically. Skill ceiling is much more than just mechanics. Ekko's W isn't about clicking accuracy or fast execution, yet it's quite difficult to consistently hit your target because you need to plan 3 seconds ahead. That planning isn't mechanical but is still part of skill ceiling because a good Ekko can learn to hit it more often. For Aphelios, learning the combinations and manipulating weapons' order to get what you need in a specific situation requires work and results will vary between a casual Aphelios and an experienced one just from this difference of theoretical knowledge. The inputs will still be an easy chain of Q and W, but the results will greatly differ depending on whether you were improvising with your available abilities or choosing from the start what will be available.
: Whatever the case, he is {{champion:92}} 2.0. Because his skill set is the same as hers. Passive skill boosts attack. 'Q' has three combinations. 'W' enemy control. 'E' simple jerk. The ultimate ability gives increased damage and its bonus. The essence of the skills is the same, but playing a little differently, but not very personal. Imagine that {{champion:9}} will be given skills like those of {{champion:99}} . Just with a little flippers and effects. {{champion:266}} performs the same functions as {{champion:92}} , just its animation is too slow
Well, he was {{champion:23}} 2.0 at first, so either is fine by my book.
: > [{quoted}](name=MisterIceman ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BZPrOH7b,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-26T21:09:41.346+0000) > > Yeah but it's not as easy at it seems. Sometimes we don't have the champ the other guy wants. And then sometimes they simply just don't want to pick for me because they don't want to get countered, lol. Then there's lag in champ select as well which rushes things. Ok... so you say they don't want to be countered. Why would they agree to be first pick? If they don't want to pick for you then they won't want to be first/second/whatever pick. Lag in champ select literally means nothing. You have the ability to already decide even before champ select what each one wants or join a discord or whatever before champ select. Nobody is rushing anyone on your team to insat lock anything either so the only ones rushing each things are yourselves.
If the game rotates the order, that makes easier to accept being first pick. We're doing the same with roles in my play group: we let the weakest players play their main and since the remaining players are offrole, we tag fill and let the game decide.
Eldian (EUNE)
: So is Aphelios assassin or marksman?
> Yasuo was supposed to be marksman and where he is now? He has always been a melee ad carry and now we can also see him in botlane. Anyway, Aphelios might have the burst of an assassin but he doesn't have the mobility, so his positioning will matter too much and flanking or picking up a specific target in these conditions sound compromised.
GigglesO (NA)
: Minion change just happened on support items?
> Where am I supposed to get gold? Why do you want gold?
Uraraka (EUNE)
: Weak early game with Tier 1 and 2 with removal of stats means they need some sort of compensation atleast at Tier 3. It is situational but majority of players who are not in top 2% of ladder let huge waves to die to tower. If non-supp player is going to collect it because of this change, it is totally good-but discouraging support for doing a good thing is bad, because the name "Anti-poaching" itself is subtle bullying.
> Weak early game with Tier 1 and 2 with removal of stats means they need some sort of compensation atleast at Tier 3. No. That means they were careless while increasing support's income over years and now it's time to nerf this because that's getting out of hand. Supports have so much money they don't even build support dedicated items anymore, the ones supposed to compensate low income by providing utility-oriented stats, so the support doesn't become another carry. You don't need a compensation, the situation is mirrored, meaning the other support doesn't have money either. As a consequence, you have one less player dealing carry-level amount of damage, so your lowered stats will be more than enough to deal with 4 players instead of 5. > If non-supp player is going to collect it because of this change, it is totally good-but discouraging support for doing a good thing is bad, because the name "Anti-poaching" itself is subtle bullying. If you have more than 80cs at 20 minutes, you're not managing waves, you're straight up farming, and that's exactly what the item tries to prevent.
: I just had a game where BOTH ADCs disconnected, and BOTH supports can't farm, thanks to item changes
> both my ADC and the enemy ADC disconnected. **THAT** is what shouldn't have happened. The item is just fine. You can't balance an item around things happening out of the game boundaries. That requires another approach to target the specific game rules that were broken.
Uraraka (EUNE)
: Remove Anti-Poaching from Tier 3 Support items
> to stop other roles from abusing it Actually, unlike Tier 1 and 2, this time it's to prevent Supports from abusing it. When a player collects stacked waves in late, it bounces back. There is a safe collecting area on each side, players shouldn't go alone further than T1's ruins if they only intend to farm so people aware of that let the waves slowpush to them as much as possible to collect everything in one go in a safe position. If you take a wave attacking a tower (or about to and nobody's coming), that's ok, they forgot to defend and you replace them. The countermeasure on support items will still allow you to get full gold from that. If you just take waves out of that situation, not only you deprive someone of the wave, but you also prevent him to farm any subsequent wave until it goes aaaaaaaall the way to the other side and bounces aaaaaaaaall the way back to your tower. I've seen a lot of Supports do that during this season, more than during any other, and that puts their mates behind for no real reason. That's something you can't see if you don't think it through, but it's harming the team a lot and I'm glad they chose to tune it down, that's discouraging it without having players to fully understand it.
: Is that it? So it's on support items?
Yes, that only applies if you have a support item.
: "Ranked Flex is just another Normals mode"
My opinion on this is: if you're not a 5-players premade team, you're not fully using the Flex mode. If you go alone or duo in flex, you're basically playing ranked without engaging your soloQ rank, so you don't really care. If you go by 3, you're needing 2 other players picked in the previous category, so you're pretty much asking for low-quality mates. If you go as a full team, you don't have any random, so none of them will slack off unless you accept it. You can improve as a team and not just as a sum of individuals, so you can access to the actual True Flex queue where you have to cooperate and you have the tools to really do it.
: Patch 9.23 notes
> REMOVED > Brawler's Gloves How do you build Phantom Dancer now?
: Target SPECEFIC champion only button PLEASE!
That's an intended feature actually, big champions are able to cover tiny champions to mess up with your aiming and you have to play around that. It's not easy to follow another player that strictly for long, obscuring your target will generally only last a second before you're able to get a clear shot again. As annoying as it looks when you don't control it, it's an important part of advanced peeling. Same for bodyblock, it can be frustrating to have to maneuver around minions and champions but it's a tool you can use to slow down enemy champions and make your carries kite easier.
Baddeus (NA)
: Why do people like auto-fill?
> I'd rather spend 10-15 mins waiting on a queue then getting put in a game in 12 seconds, but I am off roled. That was how it worked before, and not only people complained, but enough players stopped playing to force an answer to long queue timers. Autofill isn't really the most problematic aspect of matchmaking, the problem is the logic of the composition algorithm, especially after several dodges or refused games from other players. For example, a few days ago, I tagged Fill and ended up Mid while another player of my team had tagged Mid first and was pushed to his secondary. That's exactly the kind of thing that shouldn't happen, EVER. So, if we add autofill to this, we can figure out sometimes the game will autofill several players at the same time despite them covering the same roles with their respective mains. I invite you to write your main role in the chat every time ("jgl main here" and such, but keep it in the passive form, people don't like to see thirsty "give me mid pls"), you'd be surprised how often you can actually swap.
: why the hell doesnt riot ban afk players ortrolls?
> are they stupid? I return the question. You don't seem to understand that there is a difference between you seeing a troll and them having a million reports to review and sort out the ones actually deserving a punishment. Also, some of them can be quite obvious at the scale of a game, but the huge majority of players reported for trolling aren't actually ruining on purpose, and the system has to be extra careful about that because there is a responsibility toward the average player nobody wants to punish just because he chained mistakes for various reasons. As long as you'll have honest gameplay similar to trolling and people reporting both of these because even them can't do the difference every time, you won't have a great catching accuracy. Technically, they could have a 99.9% accuracy spotting trolls, that's not really difficult, but are you really ready to lose your own account for the only purpose of catching immature people you'll meet once every 20 games? Because high accuracy spotting trolls would come with low accuracy saving innocent people from wrong reports. So, instead of having trolls in your games, you'd have people reporting you for nothing and the sheer amount would ban you.
: What is the criteria for ban?
Hello, your question covers a wide area, so it's difficult to answer to it in one go. What exactly don't you understand about your ban?
Emikk431 (NA)
: Why can't they just use their brain and give me a perma chat ban! Like Hell, I've spent school money on this account! And the fact that I can get banned for some "fucks" and "wtf"s is kinda, well, FUCKED!
You're thinking it backward: they want you to try your best, not to do the minimum ensuring you to not get slapped back. Letting them personalize their response to you is the lazy approach; you break rules, then they'd have to make up for it so you can still play despite not making enough effort to comply with their policy... That's not how it works. As soon as you can consider your behavior to be against the rules, even a bit, you have to expect a punishment. The thing is, your part is following rules to avoid ANY punishment, their part is choosing which punishment they apply. You don't have a voice in it once it's settled that you didn't do your part. I know the sentence feels severe, but that's what makes it a good punishment. If you don't really suffer from it, then you're not persuaded to stop doing what led you there.
Emikk431 (NA)
: Can I be banned for this????
> Is this really bannable??? Do you think it's worth absolutely no punishment though?
Hwke94 (NA)
: Braum literally has 0 scaling but his shield is worse than pantheons? He has a magical door that he ripped off a tower. His entire character is based around a shield but its shittier than pantheon. Makes total sense rito.
Stand in a MF ult with your team. With Braum, he might die but your team won't. With Panth, you won't die but your team will. Efficiency is situational. Braum is designed to peel and protect other players, Pantheon is made so he can go in and survive the aftermath.
: can i mute chat permanently?
Yep, in the options, you can disable chat.
: Why is it so hard.
Advice don't count. If you talk, they talk back: they're already submitted by a stress when losing/camped, you're just providing them a way to vent out. Everyone makes a lot of mistakes all the time. If you're not busy enough with your own, you're missing something. Communication is great but if it's of "_Be Happy!_ to the depressed guy" level, it won't work. A feeding player can need help. If you can't provide it or if you don't think it's worth to go out of your tracks to get him back on his, let him be, and focus on something else. He won't miraculously recover from it with kind words, that's how he's been playing for hours, he won't change on the spot. I'm not talking back in chat because I prefer soothing than flaming, but as a bad laner and good late game player, I can tell you that: when you're stuck in a hard situation, you have to gather all your strength to think properly. Having someone making noise in the background doesn't help AT ALL. Most games I won after recovering from an awful laning phase, that's because my mates didn't tell anything and gave me room to refocus. Give it time, that's the best help you can give from afar.
: "Legendary"
Last time I saw someone complaining about their gift during **someone else's** birthday party, that was Eric Cartman. I'm pretty sure you don't want to be Eric Cartman.
: ryze-ing champions mission is not progressing.
Make sure you're connected and you see the "eligible for rewards" pop-up appear when you start watching a video. Chrome currently has an issue, you might be automatically disconnected every time you try to watch something on the site. There are some solutions, like manually adjusting what cookies are allowed in Chrome parameters, or you can use a different internet navigator (I don't have any problem with Edge for example).
: 2 games back to back with duo'd unranked players
I think of a number between 0 and 100. You can guess the number, and I answer you if you found it, or if it's lower or higher. If you already know the game, you start in the middle and you progress by halves to find it quickly and easily. You're suggesting a better option would be starting at 0 and listing 1 by 1 every number until you get the answer.
Aamano (NA)
: are there still only 20 item sets?
Did you really mean "item sets"? Because I just tested and you can make like a hundred of them.
Ýisus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0cYUyVLE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-25T06:49:51.309+0000) > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} > > You don't get the skin > As it says, you get CHROMA + ICON > No mention of the skin anywhere > > Do you honestly think riot would give you skin + chroma + icon for ONLY 300 tokens??? Seriously? > > It's not misleading, you're just assuming things Yes - as part of the 10 year anniversary I expected Riot to be giving some "above and beyond gifts" since - so far ... for the 10 year I have gotten nothing that I would be willing to spend $0.10 on ... literally (not being sarcastic Riot ... if you want to send me a check for $0.10 you can take all that I have received from the 10 year anniversary up to this post's date and time) - address is on file. So to answer your question, yes - I had figured Riot would be giving away some pretty great things for the 10 year anniversary. And being able to pick 1 skin from a selection set does not seem out of left field. But alas, I was wrong - so far ... the 10 year anniversary gifts have been ... meh ... and quite misleading in their names.
That's why we can't have good things... It's THEIR birthday, YOU get gifts and it's not enough...
: Treeline.....
Your request has been heard. Twisted treeline will be removed at the end of the year.
: How is this balanced?
> high win rates 51% > low win rates 49% The difference is clearly unsustainable... The only one who is debatable is the 56% player, but with less than 100 games and a coming back from last season's Silver 3 mmr, the system simply doesn't know YET exactly where he belongs. If anyone climbing the ladder becomes a terrible event, you're not ready to face relative ranking. You're on your placements, YOU are the variable in this case. Others are pretty close to each other.
: Are you worried about mage supports? Wait until AD supports come in. including ADCs. AD champions with long poke and/or reasonable CC will be played there, due to the new AD support items. Caitlyn can proc Spectral Sickle with ease using her long range AA and Q. She also has the traps for lane control. She will be a good support. She will build armor penetration items to support her ADC. Enchanter supports who support from the back will be dead. They will have a more difficult time to complete their quests. Riot tried to ruin the ADC position in season 8, now they are trying the same with supports in season 10.
"ADC Supports" will have it easier in early (they'll keep their damage output while other supports will lose some), but will fall off harder as game passes when their additional income ceases. The thing is, being useless in late is already why ADCs aren't played in Support already. They're good lane bullies, but can't manage to be useful enough after a while. Now they won't hit harder than now, they'll just outdamage more supports than currently in the early stages of the game. Basically what we call a kill lane, that exists since the beta and never stuck into mainstream due to high risk-taking and inconsistency of results. Opponents accepting the zoning and playing safe cuts off any form of agency this composition brings. For sure your adc support will prevent the enemy botlane to be the kingmaker, but neither will he. > Enchanter supports who support from the back will be dead. They will have a more difficult time to complete their quests. Relic Shield sounds great to me. Executing a minion at 30% HP from a distance is extremely easy. > Riot tried to ruin the ADC position in season 8, now they are trying the same with supports in season 10. They're reversing part of over 2 years of awful changes aiming for Support role to be played by anyone with anything (like, why have I been able to play Shaco Support for 8 months?) at the expense of traditional main Supports who make no real profit in playing dedicated supports when you can go Lux or Xerath and get 600 AP. Most mages have some CC, that's enough to create the illusion you're caring when you'll use it to catch and damage instead of actually needing cooperation to do your thing while the damage dealer does his job. Walking in the same direction is not really cooperation. Once again, I'm not blaming the players, I'm blaming Riot for making the role highly unspecialized and very far from what it initially was, making meaningless a whole system they first enforced with role preselection. This season I never felt like I had any reason to play utility instead of damage. When you're facing 2 players able to solo kill, CC-ing one doesn't seem like a good deal. They already killed Supports, that's the recovery.
: Spend them in the prestige shop coming out later this year specifically made for people to shove their PP into.
Don't tell me where to shove my pee pee.
Krupaz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kalienor,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oOgfJ6sN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-23T22:28:32.896+0000) > > And a very welcomed one. One of the main current botlane issues is Support's income. You can literally spend the entire laning fighting without any consideration for minions and still get similar money as a laner who has to last hit. Support's income falls off later because you can't trade as intensively but **during laning, your income is incredibly high for someone not having to care about cs**. As a result, you see mage supports who will poke opponents to the extreme then pick up farm where they can to act as a second midlaner. I'm not saying "this is not how supports are supposed to work", if it works it works and that's it. But I think it's a bit unfair for the rest of the team to have someone thriving by messing with their macro. Over time, it went worse on several levels, and now Supports and Junglers are leeching a high amount of ressources from other players instead of trying to cooperate. That's losing the essence of teamplay. > > These items make you have to manage your mana again and care about how comfortable you're making the situation for your adc to farm. > > For now, Supports will obviously feel a bit underwhelming because riot spent the last year nerfing numbers on enchanters and will have to revert that to some extent. If they continue what they started with Lulu on this patch, it should be okay. The fact that you can't even take cs while your laner isn't there at any point, even once you've lost your generation quest, is absolutely a bad idea. Last season they made it so support items didn't generate gold without an ally nearby so you couldn't pick coin and afk. Why can't they do that in reverse where the monster hunter debuff (or whatever you want to rename it to) applies while allies are nearby? What's the logic behind forcing gold to go into the ether for no reason?
Monster hunter debuff still allows you to take a full wave for every 3 camps you clear (as long as camps money is twice your minions money, it doesn't proc). We're far from the "I can't cs" thing. If numbers are correctly adjusted, you can farm when a laner isn't here, but there is no point in taking farm at all cost. I see a lot of supports rushing to empty lanes to push when the laner is actually doing something else and waiting for the waves to stack and reach a safe collecting area. The double sentence of your support both leeching money and pushing back the lane so his carry can't farm for ages after that is painful and too subtle for a lot of players who don't see the harm they're doing. A little help with some debuff "convincing" the support to stop getting busy with matters that are none of his concern is a good thing imo. I'm fully supportive of extremely specialized roles and I don't like that current supports can opt for straight carrying _in the middle of the game_; that's very unhealthy because players doing that tend to create situations where their carry isn't in position to perform well, and "since they suck" the support decides to carry instead. There's no teamplay in this, that's breaking the legs of your mates and using that to justify an adjusted share of ressources.
Krupaz (NA)
: New support items don't look great
> TL;DR New support items are definitely a nerf. And a very welcomed one. One of the main current botlane issues is Support's income. You can literally spend the entire laning fighting without any consideration for minions and still get similar money as a laner who has to last hit. Support's income falls off later because you can't trade as intensively but **during laning, your income is incredibly high for someone not having to care about cs**. As a result, you see mage supports who will poke opponents to the extreme then pick up farm where they can to act as a second midlaner. I'm not saying "this is not how supports are supposed to work", if it works it works and that's it. But I think it's a bit unfair for the rest of the team to have someone thriving by messing with their macro. Over time, it went worse on several levels, and now Supports and Junglers are leeching a high amount of ressources from other players instead of trying to cooperate. That's losing the essence of teamplay. These items make you have to manage your mana again and care about how comfortable you're making the situation for your adc to farm. For now, Supports will obviously feel a bit underwhelming because riot spent the last year nerfing numbers on enchanters and will have to revert that to some extent. If they continue what they started with Lulu on this patch, it should be okay.
: That's not true, otherwise they would make it to where it would be an IP ban so they couldn't make more accounts as easily.
IP bans are useless considering how easy it is to circumvent it, and possibly harmful for grouped connections such as cybercafes. There is no real way to prevent someone to remake an account on this game. On another note, if you have trouble with chat, you can disable it by yourself in the options. It's a recent, welcomed addition for players who can't control themselves and search for a solution. _**Edit:** didn't see you already answered to that part to someone else. Well, it's a matter of maturity and responsibility. If you need to be stopped because you can't yourself, you can't discuss the way they do it. There are softer ways than the path you're walking, but you decided it wasn't enough for you._
Manxxom (NA)
: Riot: Malphite is a Tank
Death is best CC.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kalienor,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KVT5fsMw,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-19T07:07:21.618+0000) > > Ok for facts. But logic? What logic is leading you to call people apes on LoL **in a non-derogatory way**? the logic is transitive law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitive_relation
No no, I mean, I understand the link between a human and an ape, and how it's accurate to call a person an ape. I'm questioning the motive. Language is usually used to convey information. Either you conveyed meaningless information, then it is spam and you deserve some punishment; or you had an intent behind this, most likely flame, also deserving punishment. The remaining loophole is if you used this description in a way that was both relevant and (at least) neutral. I admit I fail to see this happening in game. Even so, there is still an issue: why, if it was so acceptable, have you been reported in the first place?
: Why is calling someone an "Ape" considered an insult?
> Since when did fact and logic = insults ? Ok for facts. But logic? What logic is leading you to call people apes on LoL **in a non-derogatory way**?
: Only people whose accounts are 10 years or older should be able to get all 10 rewards
**Riot:** Hey, it's my birthday party, wanna come? **Colonel J:** Ugh, why did you invite Timothy, he's such a _bAbY_!
: Personally, I'm amused that so many people are agreeing with me (that it should be removed) now that Riot's doing it, but back when I was first to say it everyone was like "Dude it's not even powerful, no one cares, kys."
Consider a lot of people didn't care to correct them (nor support you, depending of your PoV) because this item was so obviously flawed you knew their defenders were impossible to discuss with.
Fyrijou (EUW)
: ***
> Also, in what kind of school were you taught that in a voting poll, that the lesser votes are more important and decide the outcome? Some votes need a consensus to get accepted, like court juries in USA. That's fairly common to add weight to conservatism in situations where part of the affected persons can't express a vote. When asking for a forfeit, you're ending the game for 10 players without even having half of them able to voice their opinion. So, under some circumstances, with 4 people you can choose for 10. As a general rule, a lot of people will try to run away if they _think_ a _potential_ disappointment is incoming. I'm insisting on this: they're basing their choice to leave **on a double assumption**. The number of players doing that is high enough to require a triple check from their peers. It's difficult to tell how many more games would end prematurely if you shift to the majority, how many games would end without being in sight of the nexus, nor if you'd still play the game if half of them ended at minute 20 (not only because you wanted it to end, but because half of the time enemy team would surrender, regardless of how much fun you have at the moment).
Yuurni (NA)
: how does yuumi heal work
There's a linear scaling based on target's missing health and topped at 80% missing health. _Base value_ goes up to 130% additional healing at the 80% threshold. _Scaling_ goes up to 300% additional ratio at the same point. For example, at rank 5, base healing is 70 + 10% AP, and goes up to 161 + 40% AP on a target with less than 20% remaining HP. https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Yuumi
: Was it intended to make Gold a higher achievement with the league restructuring?
> Since player distribution across hte divisions hasn't really changed much It changed a lot actually. Gold was the top 35% mark and now about 50% players are above Gold 4. So, it probably was intentional, but in the opposite direction you think it went ^^. > (although it is for me since my performance would have earned me gold in the past and now it won't) It can be caused by your level stagnating while the other's increasing. Having more players Gold+ and leaving you behind can mean people are just getting better at the game faster than you. I got the problem with TFT: in the first weeks, I was extremely strong, but I failed to adapt and now I'm below average. My playstyle didn't change, but the others got better than me.
Show more

Kalienor

Level 216 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion