naagza (NA)
: RiotRepertoir's reasoning was basically he wanted to change the convention on that and thought it'd make more sense to have just two versions of the ult: one for early game, one for mid-late game.
That's a pretty good job. It may open the gates for futures champions.
: Disable minimap Aiming
Yeah, but allows globals ultimate to works with it.
Eedat (NA)
: Your CS is low, even for Jungler standards
Yeah, that's what i was thinking. I should try to improve that to climb highter anyway, thanks !
Rioter Comments
kebslol (NA)
: Poll: Create True Armor and % Health Armor To Counter True Damage and % Health Damage
% Health Damage : Countered by having lot of armor, but less Hp. True Damage : Counted by having lot of HP, but less armor. % HP true damage : Bullshit, why it is even in the game ?
Zelnick (NA)
: If you play bowling or tennis or soccer or basketball or football (US), you're still allowed to have a team mate who's way better than you, so that doesn't really take away from it being a "sport."
Yeah, but those sports pro are not allowed to morph into some unknow guys, and carry low-level games for their friends.
: > [{quoted}](name=ProfDrDeath,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B78dcEd3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-01T13:43:12.459+0000) > > Also, as the solo player, you have a higher chance to directly play vs a member of the opposing premade than you have to play vs the opposing solo player. Except, the system does know your role, so it could, in theory at least, guarantee that you always play against a solo.
: "93% of the players like dynamic queue " -rito "we asked 5 players" -rito
Riot : Do you like to play with your friends ? 93 % of players : Yeah , we do ! Riot thinking : Good, 93% of players like dynamic Q ! .... Players : We don't like dynamic queue ! Riot : Our data show that you are wrong, and that you likes it. Players : But .. Riot : I SAID, YOU LIKES IT, I HAVE A PHD AND OUR DATAS ARE 1110% CORRECT, I CAN'T BE WRONG. YOU ARE A VOCAL MINORITY.
: The question is should that be required or not. Should person A with gold level mechanics and strategy be ranked silver because he doesn't have the people skills to lead a bunch of random people?
Yes. If you have gold mechanics and strategy, and aren't gold, you are probably just silver. But the difference between silver and gold rank is abysmall anyway. The problem is not about "competitiveness" but more like, "unfair for the solo". The game is more competitive for the premade, since they have to communicate , and out-manoeuver the other premade... But what about the solos ? The game is now LESS competitive for them, they are generaly left out, and can't "out think" the other team, because they are coordinated, and is forced to follow the premade tacticals choices.
: * They don't maintain it because it doesn't get as many players. * It doesn't get as many players because they don't maintain it. * All the bots that migrated there from Dominion are doing a great job of chasing new players away. It's a vicious cycle, but we all know Riot is too smart to let a gamemode fall into that cycle; or god forbid delete the mode because of it. /sarcasm
Worst than that, 1% for 10M player is still 100 000 players. ENTIRES games function with less player than that, yet, riot can't have more than two technician working on TT servers. (or dominion ,rip) . A team of 5-10 people working and listening to TT veterant would do the job. But riot is pretty bad at getting things done, and they are terribly inefficient.
: This I had a team of friends were all gold/silver and got matched commonly vs teams with 3-4 some bronze/silver & 1-2 plat/diamond, it generally felt really unfair.
Because it was about the team, and not the soloQ level. Above gold team level , you would encounter mostly plat to diamond (soloQ rank)
: Riot Confirmed an Ultimate skin will be this year
I can confirm you that there will be an ultimate skin next year too. Since you know, there is one each year.
: Nahhh They're just gonna say something like Our philosophy blah blah blah. Some more philosophy. **STATISTICS**.
90% of our playerbase like to play with their friend. So 90% of our playerbase prefer dynamicQ to solo/duoQ -rito
: Yeah and tanks doing way too much damage.Even AP carries are tanks these days building ROA and RCS. Sunfire is broken and damage items feel like do no damage
"Tanks". More like assassin building full tank. You don't see "real" tanks anywhere. But i guess it's what happens when you give lot of utility to assassins with high base damage.
: Lyte is gone. Hopefully certainlytoxic is next.
Alüe (NA)
: Riot won't add solo queue, however i don't see why they cant have a restricted dynamic queue. Solo queue players are already on the blunt end of the stick the least riot can do is force dynamic queue players to wait longer in queue with this method. 4-man pre-mades are no longer available for dynamic queue. Only duo, trio and 5 man are. At any given time there can only be at max one duo group per a team. thus the match ups will result in this. 5 solo vs 5 solo 3 solo + duo vs 3 solo + duo duo + trio vs duo + trio 5 man vs 5 man This replicates the previous seasons of ranked, while keeping dynamic queue alive. Queue times will be longer for dynamic queue players, but there must be a trade off.
Riot should also remove the 3-man premade. Poof, system fixed.
Asyde (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=theArtifacts,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qwPA4pgu,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-05-10T21:38:47.476+0000) > > Don't like dynamic queue? Play a different game. That's the only way you'll get Riot's attention. Don't like playing as a team? Play a different game. That's the only way you'll be happy. Fixed that for you.
Funny because riot is destroying the "team" part of the game. By removing the ability for high rank team to train. Ranked team ? Gone. DynaQ with your team that have a D2 and a master ? Gone. Soon tournaments will be gone too.
: exactly, jinx sucks only 52% winrate. XD
Up to twice the playerbase average game played. It means that the average jinx player will know the champion more than the average (let's say) twitch player. So her winrate would be lower if she had the same amounth of playerbase average game played as twitch. Winrate is not the only thing you have to look a bit more. You should compare it with popularity , and playerbase average game played.
Unward49 (NA)
: Why the new dragons are the best thing Riot ever did to the game.
i love the new dragons, because they are "end game snowball" (well, exept for the water, which is godlike in lane AND teamfights). They don't punish you that much for losing a few during the early game... But if you got the drake for yourself, then you get a shiny advantage for the mid/late and the elder dragon.
: {{champion:268}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:157}} you f{{champion:6}} these
You forgot the worst offenders : {{champion:67}} {{champion:92}}
: read. everyone was full build. THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR PINK WARDS. it is literally impossible to use his advice because at that point in the game pink wards are not a option
One less item > Vayne freely rampaging. The support is the best candidate, but if you tell them and they don't do it, do it yourself. (Well, unless you are the ADC / APC)
Looknook (NA)
: In my experience {{champion:75}} is strongest in the mid game because he tends to get kited to kingdom come in the late game. What good is your 2000 damage Q when you can never use it because {{champion:201}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:67}} and {{champion:154}} say stay put.
Midgame => rotate, and take towers. Lategame => peeling , or splitpushing. Nasus can hurt assassins that try to kill your carry A LOT. One Q will make them run away. Bruiser can be made easy to kite with his W. Also the extra damage will help your team killing those tanks / bruiser faster. For the splitpush, nasus can take tower realy fast, and they HAVE to bring the bigguns on your lane, or lose the game. It can give your team sometime to do an elder drake nashor, or push an other lane.
: That's actually a really good question: when to dodge? It seems obvious when you have a troll but when should you dodge just because your teammates may be bad or your team comp is bad? I always research my allies in champion select and most of them have negative win rates, poor cs numbers, poor KDA, and poor kill participation. Usually at least one of them is on a bad losing streak. Obviously I can't dodge every game. So how do you decide when to dodge? Also, anyone know of you can get demoted off a dodge if you are at 0 LP?
If you look at the champion select, and think "oh shit, that will be a hard game" dodge. The "best" way is to simple dodge when there is to much "bad matchups" or when your team pick highskill champion and are bad with them(check them). Bad vayne in your team ? dodge. That guy picking yasuo top against trundle ? Dodge. They are master yi, and you don't have CCs ? dodge. It also works in a champion is "good" at your elo (AKA, if randoms knows how to counter them.) But this is probably overkill. Some matchups for you can also make the game depend to much on your teammates.
: well i will admit that it would get rid of a lot of duo queue elo boosters but it would suck not being able to see some of my favorite streamers play together. and i have quite a bit of friends that i duo with sometimes, so i disagree with this
solo/DuoQ and ranked team were the best. DuoQ is a good middleground, because it allows you to play with a friend, but still give good chance to solos to carry. you are 3-4 ? Nothing healthy can come from this in a ranked environnement. 3 players premade become unfair for the solos, 4 player premade is straight up a terrible idea. 5 man premade is the "best" form of competitive play, but it should ONLY be 5 vs 5, because it become VERY unfair if the team are not 5v5, (hi dynaQ, where it can still happens) and the game become way more different, and can't be compared with soloQ.
Kisindián (EUNE)
: What is the problem with you, brother? Seriously, do you even know how goddamn hard and time consuming is to build a world? "Firmly establish your lore in a concrete way", dude, they try to keep up the interest by giving bits of info like puzzle pieces - you can't see the big picture, and it's great that way. They know what they are doing and I LOVE IT (only if these bits came more faster!) It's like, Luke knows that Darth Vader is his father, and then we don't get that iconic scene. So stop this whining with big words. Jaredan is doing a great work, he's a real teaser though.
It's better that way, because it leave room for the player's imagination.
TeChArmy (NA)
: Goodbye
TL; DR : QQ, i got banned, the game will die without me.
Kei143 (NA)
: yeap, but he didn't skip. you see that he got suspended before (14-day ban)
Right, sorry. Most people don't get the 14 day ban warning, and just blame riot.
Kei143 (NA)
: It works in punishment tiers; 1. 10 game chat restrict 2. 25 game chat restrict 3. 14-day ban 4. permaban Your problem was probably because you did it too oftenly which between a short period of time, will get you punished very fast. The amount of games you and your friends play are different, but if they get the same amount of reports as you within the same duration, they will also get permaed.
You can "skip" right to a permaban, if you are very toxic.
: Its a new feature implemented to help newer players acquire more champions. It also helps people acquire skins for free. Whether or not you use it is optional and 100% totally up to you.
> [{quoted}](name=Sky of Smiles,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=lxOxiJaI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-05-01T14:27:53.256+0000) > > Its a new feature implemented to help newer players acquire more champions. It also helps people acquire skins for free. Whether or not you use it is optional and 100% totally up to you. -riot introduce a way to get free skins -people complain that you can get something else than skin. .. But they are already looking into it. Well, they said the same thing for soloQ :D
: The question is strange firstly because the problems will because of internet connection and secondly because your computer's CPU doesn't have near as much as an impact on running a game at a given frame rate compared to the graphics card. Supposing the question was reframed to being : "What kind of computer setup would be needed to run the game at 40-60 fps with 100+ champions controlled by bots", I'd say the answer is that a high end computer could manage it. That is, a computer with multiple of the best graphics card on the market. EDIT : Also, what WC3betterthatSC said : you wouldn't say how much CPU but how many CPU, since CPU means central processing unit and a computer generally only needs one.
> The question is strange firstly because the problems will because of internet connection That's right > and secondly because your computer's CPU doesn't have near as much as an impact on running a game at a given frame rate compared to the graphics card. > That's wrong.(Especialy for league) The GPU only take on the visual part. The CPU calculates entities. Exemple : Something explode. The CPU calculate how the debris fly, and where they will land. The GPU calculate the lighting, the shaders , .. basialy, it makes it look pretty; instead of just flying metal gibs. You WANT a good (read : able to run the thing you want to run) motherboard / ram / CPU before anything else, because you can have the best graphic card in the world, if your CPU bottleneck, the card will be useless. > Supposing the question was reframed to being : "What kind of computer setup would be needed to run the game at 40-60 fps with 100+ champions controlled by bots", I'd say the answer is that a high end computer could manage it. That is, a computer with multiple of the best graphics card on the market. Bots are calculated by the CPU. But in league, that's the server's job. It could probably calculate 100+ bot on the same map for one match, but depending on how "good" the AI is, it would increase the server's charge a LOT. A bot is more CPU-intensive than a real player.
gatchi (NA)
: which limits?
in diamond + elo, you can't queue with people above 2 divisions. D3 and D1 can't queue together for exemple.
: It is also proven that the best times to gank a lane are when your jungler is still doing their first buff, or contesting an objective on the other side of the map.
An very good tactic is to perma push your lane, and never waste time warding. So you can alway blame your "Omg report jungler, the enemy team jungle ganked 5 time and our 0 , zzzz gg"
gatchi (NA)
: Anyone else play Normals cause you dont like the League system?
My friend's team who participate in the dreamhack tournament have to play in normal game to train , because of rankeds limits.
Jeddite (NA)
: ITT: angsty nerdvirgins weep tears of salt because their URF adversaries are playing to win, instead of playing Tanky-AD Heimerdinger (as the OP thinks they should). Just one of several thousand that will be posted in the next ~96 hours.
> [{quoted}](name=Jeddite,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ljX7rhxg,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-04-22T13:09:16.883+0000) > > ITT: angsty nerdvirgins weep tears of salt because their URF adversaries are playing to win, instead of playing Tanky-AD Heimerdinger (as the OP thinks they should). > > Just one of several thousand that will be posted in the next ~96 hours. You call people virgins because you are one yourself, and need to win those urfs game by splitpushing only to feel alive ? Or just one of those guy playing "AD MALZAHAR ONLY , GOING TO END IN LESS THAN 7 MINUTES GUY XDXD"
Dareq (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KarKzz,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ljX7rhxg,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-22T13:31:21.262+0000) > > I hate people like you. > > Having fun is fun, winning or losing. If winning is the only "fun" thing for you, maybe you are bored of the game. I imagine people like you being assholes IRL. Like, your friends are having fun playing something, and you just keep raging at them, or trying to break their legs. (Or maybe you don't have friend at all ) rofl you're the type of guy who gets perfected on in street fighter 10 times in a row and then say "wow i am having so much fun XD" "having fun" is only fun if it's a one time type of game kind of deal. on games where i play with my friends frequently, you bet your ass i am playing to win and not to "have fun" even if playing the game is fun regardless of winning and losing, winning is much more fun than losing.
> [{quoted}](name=Dareq,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ljX7rhxg,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-22T13:39:20.542+0000) > > rofl > > you're the type of guy who gets perfected on in street fighter 10 times in a row and then say "wow i am having so much fun XD" > "having fun" is only fun if it's a one time type of game kind of deal. on games where i play with my friends frequently, you bet your ass i am playing to win and not to "have fun" even if playing the game is fun regardless of winning and losing, winning is much more fun than losing. Streetfighturf. Your definition of a lose is a total stomp ? Things are not 1 or 0. Trying to get the advantage on a losing game, and turning the tide or to push your advantage is more fun than stomps. And if all your loses are stomps, you should works on that :)
: So what constitutes "fun" in this case
> [{quoted}](name=Social Justice 1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ljX7rhxg,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2016-04-22T13:15:27.811+0000) > > So what constitutes "fun" in this case Basicaly, build/playstyles you couldn't do without urf. Or at least, fighting. I just see people picking strong pusher, and play PvE / splitpush. Playing against an ekko that AFK push with Q only, then try to splitpush the whole game with his teleport is sure fun. Or picking assassin, and do what they do in normal game... but easier :D
Dareq (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KarKzz,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ljX7rhxg,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-04-22T12:26:53.143+0000) > > Urf is very competitive. In fact , lot of people play league to get a highrank in urf. i hate people like you winning is fun, losing is not fun, therefore playing to win is fucking inevitable.
> [{quoted}](name=Dareq,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ljX7rhxg,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-04-22T12:48:10.812+0000) > > i hate people like you > > winning is fun, losing is not fun, therefore playing to win is fucking inevitable. I hate people like you. Having fun is fun, winning or losing. If winning is the only "fun" thing for you, maybe you are bored of the game. I imagine people like you being assholes IRL. Like, your friends are having fun playing something, and you just keep raging at them, or trying to break their legs. (Or maybe you don't have friend at all )
: I tried to warn you people, but you were too caught up in the hype to realize the hell you have wrought.
> [{quoted}](name=Saminus Maximus,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ljX7rhxg,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-04-22T12:28:45.841+0000) > > I tried to warn you people, but you were too caught up in the hype to realize the hell you have wrought. Yeah, it was expecting it too, but not that soon. Last year we got a few day of fun times. Just to keep in clear, it's not about people "playing good" but those that are only pushing / try to take tower during the whole game. Or people picking things that are boring but strong in URF.
: Like ... You play a competitive game and complain about people " tryharding"? Wat Where is the logic in this?
> [{quoted}](name=Neurosurgeonwolf,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ljX7rhxg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-04-22T12:18:40.972+0000) > > Like ... You play a competitive game and complain about people " tryharding"? > > Wat > > Where is the logic in this? Urf is very competitive. In fact , lot of people play league to get a highrank in urf.
Rioter Comments
: Pls give us soloQ, I don't want it, but I can't handle this lvl of shitposting anymore!
soloQ would mean the death of dynamic Q. Would be great, so they may have to give us ranked team again.
: What makes you tilt?
Vayne players. "I'm a good vayne".. 0/4 at 10 minutes.
: Because they're too proud of Dynamic to admit it was a mistake to force people into it by disabling solo queue. They also know that if solo queue were to come back, a large amount of people would abandon Dynamic, and all of their hard work to perfect it would be wasted. They've convinced themselves this is the right decision, and if we were given the option, they wouldn't want to be proven wrong seeing their project end up being not nearly as supported as they thought it was.
DynamicQ require soloQ players to function.
: I had a Voilbear took half my damn heath with just his bite building no damage items with nothing but tank....
i had a lucian took ALL my health in under 2 seconds, despite having 300 armor / 4000 Hp. . . . He didn't have arpen but youmuu and maw.
: While having Insane AoE damage While having a Blind
He basicaly have 200 armor / 150 MR at lvl18. Somebody should build graves with sunfire / gaultet. Yup, that's 315 armor. Which i think is the problem :D Sejuani passive give her 25 armor (+ the slow resistance) Shyvana passive give her 20 armor / MR , 40 in dragon. Wukong passive give him up to 40 armor / MR. Graves get up to 40 armor / MR with his E lvl1, and up to 120 armor /MR with his E lvl5. While being ranged. If would probably be balanced if he wasn't build bruiser-ish, and with a hardtimer , instead of being able to reset if infinitely.
: Tell me not she looks a little like Sasha Grey
I don't know, but "porn actress" is the first thing that came in my mind when i saw her. "Vayne Shauna in "Two dicks for a nigh hunter""
: this wouldn't be that much of an issue if mobility actually came with trade-offs
You mean, that gapcloser should't do the same damage (sometime MORE) than a classic "damaging" ability ?
: After she gets done cleansing these foul streets, she'll ask us to check our privileges.
Nah, vayne is now a porn actress.
: Because their premade buddies usually carry them in the end. Also, very low MMR solo players are sometimes teamed with very high MMR players to balance out the average MMR rating between teams, so when they get crushed 1v1 there's a decent chance they get carried. Like when a 1/8/2 Talon top rushed BOTRK in ranked yet won. In the end he saw victory so he has no reason to look back and learn from his mistakes, so he'll keep making them until he loses several games in a row.
I play with 2 friend (so 3 man premade), last game, we got matched again a whole team of solo players. Our two "solos" losed horribly. We ended up with a support AFK, and a meat-bag ADC. Other game are generaly similar, both premade end up fed, and it's up to "who got the worse solos"
: The easiest way to get solo Q back is to either quit league or at least stop running dynamic queue an filling a slot, if enough solo's do this the system will collapse in on itself and fail.
This is why soloQ will never happens. Dynamic and soloQ can't exist together, and riot knows it, this is why they are trying to shove dynamic queue into people throats.
Show more

KarKzz

Level 53 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion