Rioter Comments
: 2019 Lore Tournament - Day 4: Demacian Heart vs Turmoil
Wait, why nobody told me we do that Lore Tournament again? I'm disappointed in all of you. Anyway, Turmoil for sure. It is one of the rare stories there I get the feeling that there is a peaceful solution for a problem which I would love to see more in League. Also, it did introduce Cithria which also a big important thing to add as well.
: So far, I'm enjoying that comic. - So, Zed had to personally pick up the pieces left after Jhin's "creativity", including having to cut the little girl's leg off as she screamed and cried. That's a pretty fucking good reason for losing all respect for Kusho who didn't let him cut that masked bitch down as soon as they caught him. - Zed is well aware that he leads the gang of dangerous kids, who have been scarred by the war in one way or another. He knows that they don't know better and he is self-conscious about their lifestyle and them not being "normal people". It's a nice touch when the antagonistic character doesn't think himself superior over civilians and has the maturity to admit that he is doing dirty work nobody wants to do because of some stupid spiritualism traditions that didn't save people from a massacre. - Kayn looks more lively here. Feels refreshing to see him as something more than edgy mysterious scythe boy. The way he acts and speaks like a teen compared to Zed but looks up to him is endearing. Now, given that Kayn was shown wielding Rhaast on the cover, I wonder if they're going to retcon the way Kayne decided to pick up the demon scythe? Maybe it will have to do something with Jhin. Like Kayn trying to protect his master and kill the fucker first? I think Riot has been establishing him as lonely and poorly socialized for a while, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to indicate that the guy actually cares for someone. UPD: Yes, I kinda missed that he must be wielding Rhaast already because his arm looks weird. But the thing behind his back doesn't look like Rhaast, so I decided it was an ordinary, Darkin-free weapon. Frankly speaking, it's hard for me to find the Order of Shadows 100% evil. Lots of his members are positioned as bloodthirsty or outright unstable (at least in Legends of Runeterra) and it kinda sad that Nexus and Demacia get some ambiguity but so far nobody has shown why people joined Zed. Basically, Zed refused to stay idle and watch Ionia burn, so he did what he thought his master and Shen didn't have the guts to do. The people who joined him have lost their loved ones and, it seems, he took in a lot of orphaned kids because it seems that not everyone was protected by a random spirit {{champion:39}}. So, Zed probably helped them when nobody did. That means a lot.
> - So, Zed had to personally pick up the pieces left after Jhin's "creativity", including having to cut the little girl's leg off as she screamed and cried. That's a pretty fucking good reason for losing all respect for Kusho who didn't let him cut that masked bitch down as soon as they caught him. Yeah, I do get it why he wished to kill Khada Jhin back then. The thing Master Kusho had a good reason to make sure Jhin stayed alive, the question would be if he ever told it Zed and Shen... > - Zed is well aware that he leads the gang of dangerous kids, who have been scarred by the war in one way or another. He knows that they don't know better and he is self-conscious about their lifestyle and them not being "normal people". It's a nice touch when the antagonistic character doesn't think himself superior over civilians and has the maturity to admit that he is doing dirty work nobody wants to do because of some stupid spiritualism traditions that didn't save people from a massacre. This a trend in the more morally ambitious character I have seen and League I love it so much. They are aware of how people work and think and will act properly according to it. Like Kegan Rodhe directing his anger to Old Rygann which actually made his life miserable and not the other people of his village. >Here, in the stillest part of the night, Kegan stalked with exaggerated care, moving between the earthwork huts of the families that had rejected him and his mother for all of his short, harsh life. He felt no malice toward them, not anymore—the old anger was reduced to embers, alive but banked, burning low. If he felt anything more, it was a deep-grained and exhausted sense of pity. They were simple. They were slaves to their misjudgements. >No, his true hatred was reserved for one soul above all others. It makes a character feel so much more in control of their actions than simply being a slave of their emotions. > - Kayn looks more lively here. Feels refreshing to see him as something more than edgy mysterious scythe boy. The way he acts and speaks like a teen compared to Zed but looks up to him is endearing. Now, given that Kayn was shown wielding Rhaast on the cover, I wonder if they're going to retcon the way Kayne decided to pick up the demon scythe? Maybe it will have to do something with Jhin. Like Kayn trying to protect his master and kill the fucker first? I think Riot has been establishing him as lonely and poorly socialized for a while, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to indicate that the guy actually cares for someone. > UPD: Yes, I kinda missed that he must be wielding Rhaast already because his arm looks weird. But the thing behind his back doesn't look like Rhaast, so I decided it was an ordinary, Darkin-free weapon. Naw, Kayn avoids to pick up Rhaast if he can help himself in other ways. No need to let be corrupted more than he already is. But I'm 100% he will use Rhaast later in the comic because Jhin doesn't pick fair fights to begin with. > Frankly speaking, it's hard for me to find the Order of Shadows 100% evil. Lots of his members are positioned as bloodthirsty or outright unstable (at least in Legends of Runeterra) and it kinda sad that Nexus and Demacia get some ambiguity but so far nobody has shown why people joined Zed. > Basically, Zed refused to stay idle and watch Ionia burn, so he did what he thought his master and Shen didn't have the guts to do. The people who joined him have lost their loved ones and, it seems, he took in a lot of orphaned kids because it seems that not everyone was protected by a random spirit {{champion:39}}. So, Zed probably helped them when nobody did. That means a lot. A good act doesn't nullify a bad one. Yes, Zed fights for Ionia and picked a lot of war ophans, but he also is ready to steal the magic of the land to killing the vastayan in the progress. Or kill a person for political reason simple because he doesn't the same view how Ionia should be ruled. Only because Zed is not the classical villain (he is more of an anti-villain) doesn't make his action right.
: By anychance do you know if the Ahri Chibi is available this time around
All chibis are available, you only have to pick the right set (she was in Ionia last time).
SirEnds (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lady Faceless,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OE2jAoAI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-22T15:26:35.519+0000) > > It will be available on the 25th, in the BE Store. However, it won't be a directly purchaseable, you have to get it via the Mystery Chibis. Ok thanks does BE mean Blue Essence?
Jep, BE is short for Blue Essence. A Mystery Chibi cost 2,5k BE so you can put a lot of money into it if you are unlucky.
: > > > _**~~Questions~~**_ > > 1. Is Althon actually human? He looks more like Thanos to me than a human being… > 2. Who are the patrons which Kayn mention? Can we assume that Zed and his acolytes do mission regularly for money and influence? Kayn’s comment does suggest such a thing. > 3. What does Yanlei mean? A pejorative world for follower? > 4. So, Shen was engaged to someone named Yevnai. Did Shen married her? Also, why in the hell would a possible Eye of Twilight marry someone? The Eye is supposed to be neutral, being a husband and father is far from being neutral. > 5. “We are not thieves.” Said Zed, while both the Xayah Color Story and Wild Magic does indicate, yes, they are stealing magic and life essence. How can he say such a thing if they are stealing the magic and bound souls to their weapon? > 6. Will the ever know which meaning the name Shen and Zed have? We can assume these have some meaning. > 7. Speaking off names with meaning – how often do people name someone like this? We know the word Syndra means destruction, giving into the darkest desires. I always thought the world got that nuance after Syndra was forced in her slumber, now it seems like she actually could have been named destruction by her parents. > 8. The amulet which Kusho gave to Zed, what does it mean? > 9. So is Zed now a mage or not? He probably used healing magic in that one picture, does it mean to command Shadow Magic, do you need to have a connection to the magic? > 10. So there in the hell is Kayn’s blue streak in his hair? Why does ingame Kayn braids his hair? Serious, it seems weird that he misses his blue streak… > 1. Yeah we have some rather odd fashions Ionia, especially for people who are wealthy. (Check out the WB art on universe!) 2. Hmmmm indeed! 3. Yanléi is the actual name of Zed’s order. It means “The Tears” as in the Shadow’s Tears. Also known as "The Tear's of the Shadow." The shadow’s tears are a magical ichor which gives Zed and his followers the ability to use shadow magic— (when tattooed or ingested) We will be learning more about this. 4. Hmmmm. Yes...Hmmmm. This feels like an important detail. 5. They don’t see this as the same thing. But honestly you ( and Xayah!) are right. It is theft of a resource but he doesn’t see it that way. 6. Actually their names already have meanings in a couple of our earth languages. I didn’t work on these champs— but I assume when they designed them, the team intended the names to reflect the meanings already associated with those words: Zed means "Holy Justice" or "God’s Justice." Zed also is a stand in for Zero, 0, or naught. (An interesting contrast IMO) Shen I believe means spirit, holy, or deity. 7. Most (not all) names have meaning. On Ionian and on earth. Aphelios literally means "furthest from the sun." 8. Yes… another good question… . (To quote Bug's Bunny "Ain't, I a stinker.") 9. A lot of characters can do magic in Runeterra. A mage is someone that specializes in just magic. Shadow magic will be explored a bit more in the comic. 10. Basically relates to using the scythe. Will see a bit more on this much later in the series.
First of all, thank you so much for the answers! One of the main reason why I was looking forward for the comic the whole year is not the only the comic itself but also discuss the worldbuilding behind it. > Yanléi is the actual name of Zed’s order. It means “The Tears” as in the Shadow’s Tears. Also known as "The Tear's of the Shadow." > The shadow’s tears are a magical ichor which gives Zed and his followers the ability to use shadow magic— (when tattooed or ingested) > We will be learning more about this. Okay, this is interesting. For now, the Order of Shadow always have been called that like. How typical is that name of Order of Shadow? How typical is the name Yanléi for it? If you ingest that magcial ichor, do you get the abilities only temporally? For example, if you consume (or are forced to drink) Petricide we know that it will complete metabolized and filtered out of the body. A mage still will be able to use his magic later on then the stuff is out of the body. Does Yanlei get completely out of the body as well? Or does it stay in the body for a much longer time? > Actually their names already have meanings in a couple of our earth languages. I didn’t work on these champs— but I assume > when they designed them, the team intended the names to reflect the meanings already associated with those words: > Zed means "Holy Justice" or "God’s Justice." Zed also is a stand in for Zero, 0, or naught. (An interesting contrast IMO) > Shen I believe means spirit, holy, or deity. Yeah, but do "Zed" and "Shen" mean the same/similar thing in the Ionian language as well? There must have been a reason why Zed took that name instead of Ulan or Govos. > Most (not all) names have meaning. On Ionian and on earth. Aphelios literally means "furthest from the sun." Almost all names have some meaning, but it doesn't mean everyone gives a child a name with special meaning in mind. I was more curious to see if that existed first - the meaning of the word Syndra (destruction) or Syndra as a person. Was she named after destruction or was the destruction after her. > Basically relates to using the scythe. Will see a bit more on this much later in the series. Can't wait to see more about Kayn including Rhaast. Again, thank you so much for all the amazing discussion and hope you have a great weekend!
SirEnds (NA)
: Has this icon been put in the shop for purchase yet or is it going to be available soon?
It will be available on the 25th, in the BE Store. However, it won't be a directly purchaseable, you have to get it via the Mystery Chibis.
Ask Kayn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lady Faceless,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=yjig4POz,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-20T16:54:11.108+0000) > > > **Kayn** > > First of all, finally some canon interaction between Kayn and Zed! Back then I heard that Kayn was supposed to be Zed right hand, I didn’t really believe in it. For that ingame Kayn seem to be too full of himself. Not only that both talk on the same eyelevel, Kayn is a more critical person then I expected. Seeing him like this actually some a breath of fresh air, which I enjoy. And he is still himself, wanted to fight Althon because he warmed up. Running without armor because who needs that? Truly not Kayn. > Also, interesting to see how Kayn’s corruption is not the same as ingame. So far only his left underarm is affected while ingame his complete left arm, shoulder and left eye are corrupted. Also he doesn’t have braided hair nor his iconic blue streak. I wonder why he started to braid his hair. Probably Rhaast urged him to do? > Yes, absolutely. I was surprised to see the marked difference between his in-game personality and what the comic reveals. Though this is perhaps (just like in the Odyssey short story), made to reflect the changes in the character. Just like his physical design (less corruption, no blue streak, both human eyes, etc), it is meant to show the 'before' and 'after'. We can also notice the lack of Rhaast's voice. He's quiet, sleeping, hidden in the cloth, he -isn't really there yet-. We can easily infer this comic is set in a previous timeframe to the 'present Kayn'. Then, we have his speech, which surprised me the most; filled with contractions, makes him feel 'younger'. I really liked his strategical concern for money, always searching how to 'get funds' for the Order's campaign. He's truly Zed's Right Hand. I'm eager to see the next issue, Jhin as a disruptive element will affect the characters and feed us more details on their personality. PD: I so want to see the relationship between Kayn and Jovn!
I kinda agree with - it is nice to see how Kayn changed because of Rhaast influences and they could build it as sub-plot with little effort. Showing how Kayn gets more corrupted with time, how his behavior changes. "The Lure" has always been a story that was more faithful to Kayn than his normal lore simple because we can see HOW Kayn changes and I don't mean some physical corruption. Having a progress story arc could do wonder for Kayn and I'm eager to see more. Rhaast, while he can directly speak to other persons as well (see Kayn's color story), mostly talks with Kayn only. This is why Akali has a quote to Kayn where she calls him crazy, because from the outsider perspective it seems weird that he does talk with his weapon. I don't think Rhaast is asleep in the comic, but Kayn doesn't show us that he is whispering to him. Yeah, the strategical part is a good thing and makes me wonder how Kayn is viewed in the Order. Because the Order works in the way that you are taught by students which are better than you and Kayn is the second most skilled member after Zed. He is quite a narcissist but maybe not as unpopular there as I suspected. Jhin being disruptive will be interesting for sure! Even tho Kayn probably won't allow himself to falter even after he had to witness Jhin's artwork. Yeah, I'm interesting as well how he gets along with Jovn but on the same time I doubt he will stay alive for too many issues anyway.
: Yaaaay! Thank you lady Faceless!
The pleasure is all mine. I can't wait to read the upcoming issue and later to try to connect all the pieces to understand how the Order of Shadows and how specifically Shadow Magic works. Luckily I have 5 more issue to read and figure it out!
: I really liked the comic and I found it interesting how Zed has mutiple names! Very curious to see what happens in the next comic, should be juicy seeing how Jhin lured Zed into coming to the massacre village, very sentimental to Zed and Jhin knows that... A question I do have tho, what kind of healing did the zed perform on the injured person? Also glad you are continuing this comic- analysis series :D
> Also glad you are continuing this comic- analysis series :D Glad you enjoy and I hope I can live up to yours and Fabian amazing analysis. But also, I waited to read and talk about the Zed comic the whole year and I will do it.
  Rioter Comments
: When Qiyana does it, it's obnoxious, but when Camille does it, it's classy
... did you even read the lore of both champs? Qiyana is a narcissistic bitch who lacks even the basics of empathy. She used her own people's safety as bargain chip to make her own sister suffer because Qiyana thinks she deserves to rule. If Qiyana ever gets Ixtal throne, she would erase her own kingdom because she lacks forsights and doesn't care for the best of her own people. You are right, Camille IS arrogant, but she also sacrifices so much for her family and Piltover. She let herself bind by the traditions of her family clan, choosing it over her lover, and does that she thinks is the best thing for her clan and Piltover. She doesn't handle for her own personal gain. Champion trashtalking isn't something new. But Qiyana is just a goddamit narcissist which deserve to lose everything and never got to actual power because she would leave her kingdom in ruins.
Riot Pls (NA)
: Future Stories
Okay, I have some thoughts regarding, so lets begin. First, before you can continue to create more short stories and story progress, every champion should have **at least** an updated **biography**. It can't be that even 4 years after retcon some champions still are not connected to the new canon. Less playing by favorites and focusing more on given **various champions** longer stories. I get it, it is more easy to create content for Lux and Yasuo and it is read by more people, but it can't be that you only pick the same champions over and over again. Especially if the said champion is not connected to any main plotline (Yasuo). Fewer short stories which only focus on one champion but more which focus on **a bigger group of champion **like Blood line does. If it only focus on champion, it can easily happen that one champion has too much content in contrast to many other champions. **Stories that focus on Non-playable Characters** like Tamara and Cithria are **a good addition** to the lore rooster. These help us to understand how common folk sees and interacts with the world. Acutally, I have one concrete story wish I want to see. A short story which focus on **Setaka**. Right now she is a lore character we know pretty many things, but always from the eyes of different people. We, as the reader, have no idea how she was as a personality since we always see the subjective perspective of a different person. It would be good to have more content so we can get our own opinion about her.
: It’s not like Zed is a kleptomaniac. He wants to make his land a safer place so he takes power from those who are wasting it (the kinko) or those who misuse it (the vastia forest which are potentially deadly to common folk). If he were so power hungry he’d be trying to take the scythe from Kayn instead of groom him as a heir. Zed would probably sympathize with how society mistreated Syndra as stated in her AMA which is why they were listed as friends until not too long ago (which inspired the fan comic). I agree that Syndra’s story needs too much prep at the moment. Plus Riot doesn’t really support most ships so I doubt a romance between the two should ever be canon.
I think people really underrated how fucked shadow magic REALLY is. Zed maybe has a "good" goal in his mind but his deeds are also hurting Ionia as well. Road to hell is paved with good intentions. First of all, yes Vastayan landscape can be deadly for common folk, but Zed blames almost all Vastayan for siding with Noxus during the war. This alone is problematic - same as the human society in Ionia, the Vastaya have various splitter groups in them. We also know there were Ionians who betrayed their homeland as well. Even tho for Zed even not participating in the war is betray enough for him. > Any soul who threatened his homeland, or stood idle in its defense, was marked for death without mercy—including native vastaya who >wavered in their allegiance. [Zed Bio](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_us/story/champion/zed) >[...] > Zed begins consolidating power. Trains kayn. (He continues hostility with noxus, growing hostility with many Vastaya tribes.) > [WAARGHbobo about Zed](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/JjQEuhgJ-zeds-new-lore) > The guy with the guards _is_ my people—a high councilman from Puboe, a place not far from the Kinkou Order. But, like many, he sold out his people to the invaders for gold and safe passage to Weh’le, and beyond. So now he _is_ my problem. [Leaving Weh'le](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_us/story/akali-color-story) Second, the shadow magic he uses is not only affecting the member of the order but the complete Spirit Realm. In a place like Ionia, where the borders to the Spirit Realm are already incredibly thin. We ALREADY know the excessive use will affect EVERY mortal mind in the end. The magic is not forbidden for no reason. Not consider Nocturne was a result out of the use of Shadow Magic as well. > The thoughts of mortals everywhere were touched by this darkness. It sapped their morale and infected their dreams, with nameless fears hounding them day and night, driving some to commit ever more horrendous acts against their own kin. [Nocturne Bio](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_us/story/champion/nocturne) Did I also mentioned that not only that they are stealing spiritual magic out of the environment as we can see in the [Wild Magic ](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4PDzBnBMU4&feature=youtu.be) cinematic but they also use the souls of other people to fuel themselves? > “Your soul will serve me forever,” he grunts. I can feel the shadow magic bound up in his blade, the essence of every life it has taken. > > [...] > > I hear the sword clang to the floor a moment before the dull thud of his body. I’m sure the Order of the Shadow will find some way to harness these men’s souls into a slingshot or something. I don’t really know how these guys work, but good on them for being so economical. One shouldn’t waste life essence. [Puboe Prison Break](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_us/story/xayah-color-story) Don't get me wrong, Zed is an interesting Anti-Hero. But we should never forget that he is doing is objective hurting the Spirit Realm and with it, in the end, Ionia itself. > Zed would probably sympathize with how society mistreated Syndra as stated in her AMA which is why they were listed as friends until not too long ago (which inspired the fan comic) Old!canon Syndra and Zed? Sure, I could see them get alone because similar backgrounds. Current canon Syndra and Zed? Not really. Syndra magic is basically a magical fallout. She is able to kill the spiritual connection of a place complete like she did it with Fae'lor. > Her power is unique. It comes from within her. She doesn't fully understand it, because no one ever taught her how it works... but it seems to get stronger when she is in a "negative" state of mind. And when it is at its strongest, and she uses it and walks away, the residual effects on the magic of the land around her are quite disturbing. Without understanding how or why, she is creating "magical fallout" that permanently (?) sours the spiritual energies of the environment nearby. This is why, presumably, the Spirit of Ionia itself seems to have tried to imprison her. [Scathelocke regarding Syndra](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/R5N1EWq1-new-syndra-lore?comment=0005) Also Scathelocke also seems to think that Zed would see her as thread which would fit Zed as character as well. > I'd say, Zed probably sees Syndra AS a threat to Ionia... > > But we can't know for certain, because as yet they haven't met. [Scatlocke's comment](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/J1WPEEzi-zed-x-syndra-does-it-make-sense?comment=0000) Yeah, so right now I could not see them to "get along" no matter how I spin things. Syndra would have no sympathy for someone like Zed, especially since Syndra has no reason to trust anyone anyway, even less someone who is OBJECTIVE a magic thief.
: pffffffffffffff wheres syndra? Cannonize it riot games
Syndra's story arc should be focusing on her own place in the world, should not reduce her to a mere love interest as that one known fan comic did. Right now her story exists in a vacuum, she needs to be set up better to appear in something like a comic, especially since Riot seems not to know what they want to do with her. Not consider Syndra would absolutely hate Zed because he is a magic thief and she would use all her anger to tear him apart.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Nice work Lady Faceless! Two very minor corrections. (+1 one fun fact) 1) Zed does have shadow tattoos. You just haven’t seen them yet. My big reveal: you will eventually get to see Zed’s (omitted) And yes he is quite handsome but scarred. (Lol) 2) I was told the 10th anniversary *book* would effect our publish date. Not the anniversary itself. (I clarified that in a post after the first.). I wasn’t clear enough on my first post. Brevity is sometimes the enemy of clarity. My bad. Fun Fact) We actually did a bunch of explorations for Zed’s (and Shen’s) face. Trying to find out: how anime, how villainous, tragic and handsome Zed should be. And actually weren’t really aware of, or inspired by the fan art. (And Kinda still not aware of it) Going back 5 years now, i pitched a very different version of this story (pre Jhin). And in that pitch, I had described Zed as “haunted, his youthful beauty, once overwhelming, has faded like a parchment too long in the sun.” The white hair came out of trying to find a way to show Zed as both haunted and exceptional. And more importantly, to place him in a clear iconic lineup (Black for Kayn, Red for Shen, White for Zed). This is less a choice for the comic medium, but a strategic choice for other media going forward. (None is planned btw). This sort of iconic character design choices ensure that if these characters are in some crazy animation fight scene we can clearly and quickly identify each character (in close-up or wide) with only a few frames (1/4 second). Probably the fan artist had a similar goals (consciously or subconsciously). So probably they deserve kudos for realizing what we struggled with. I will also say- I instantly loved the designs for Big Boi Shen in this comic. I desperately want an unmasked version of him in our games. And want to see him as beefy as he is in the comic (his physicality is based on Mongolian wrestlers). He’s big. He’s tough. He feels things, intensely, but is trying to hold back and do the right thing. But I also struggled with Zed’s hair and looks initially. He wasn’t exactly what i had in my head, even though i had kinda described what he is now. (Minus the hair color). Now, I honestly see that our artists (Edgar and concept) were right. As the comic’s goes forward, Zed’s face and it’s stoic sadness begins to sink into your heart and that comments on, and contrasts with, the raw aggression of his helmet and armor. Anywhoo Thanks for compiling this for yer fellow forum pals -O
> 1) > Zed does have shadow tattoos. You just haven’t seen them yet. My big reveal: you will eventually get to see Zed’s (omitted) And yes he is quite handsome but scarred. (Lol) I can't wait to see that you guys have in store for us. I wasn't lying when I said I have high hopes for the comic (and I'm waiting for the comic since the reveal in January). > 2) > I was told the 10th anniversary *book* would effect our publish date. Not the anniversary itself. (I clarified that in a post after the first.). I wasn’t clear enough on my first post. Brevity is sometimes the enemy of clarity. My bad. Yeah, I edit my post with your statement. However, I think the comic will be released in December otherwise we should be able to preorder it on the online comic stores already (which we can't). It makes me sad but at least I will have Realms of Runeterra which should keep me occupied until then. >The white hair came out of trying to find a way to show Zed as both haunted and exceptional. And more importantly, to place him in a clear iconic >lineup (Black for Kayn, Red for Shen, White for Zed). This is less a choice for the comic medium, but a strategic choice for other media going >forward. (None is planned btw). >I will also say- I instantly loved the designs for Big Boi Shen in this comic. I desperately want an unmasked version of him in our games. And want >to see him as beefy as he is in the comic (his physicality is based on Mongolian wrestlers). He’s big. He’s tough. He feels things, intensely, but is >trying to hold back and do the right thing. Okay, this actually more important, I love that you confirmed red hair for Shen. It was my headcanon for him because his father had the same hair color. But Pulsefire Shen looked different and it wouldn't have been the first time you made a skin look canon (see Eternal Sword Yi). Also, my Twitter is definitely current not spammed by League fan artists who are so happy to see their headcanon have been proven right. Shen deserves all the love. He has a tough job and I feel so deeply sorry for him. I will see how Zed looks in the comic. Again, I really trust your work and I'm incredibly excited to see how you, as writer, see Zed. (Cross my fingers for some Zed & Kayn interact so I actually can see my two eyes how both interact with each other. Because personally I would write their relationship as high key emotional abuse but the canon could prove me wrong). Actually, I do have a different question for you - you mentioned you are not part of the Comic team anymore. Are you allowed to tell for which team you work currently? Back to the champion team? Transferred to some of the newer projects?
Falrein (EUW)
: Celestial Titans in Ionia - Balance, Syndra, Awaken
Okay, overall the theory is not bad. While we don't have much which actually supports it, it does would kinda fit into the Ionian concept of balance. However, at the same time you have to be aware you have too little so if a new source which doesn't align with your theory, you shouldn't be too sad about it. My read on the new Vastayashai’rei origin was more about how mortals could dip into the spiritual realm without hurting it. It should show us a healthy way to work with it. The current present has another force that interacts with the spirit world - the Zed's Order of Shadow. Also, could the disappear of the Vastayahai'rei have a different reason - you can't forever work on both planes of existence, at some point you have to choose. While yes, we do have Vastaya and Yordle which are a product of both, kinda, they are also born this way. At some point, I think they just left their physical form complete. But again, this is my read on this all and it is mostly headcanon, so yeah. I actually really don't want to have another overall powerful force that threatens Runeterra. We have the Shadow Isles, Mordekaiser and Void... do we really need more? Especially since Riot takes on the celestial lore is, at least in my opinion, mostly hold by our headcanons because the canon offers like nothing of substance. However, I really, really hate your take on how Syndra got her magic. Right now Syndra has so little agenda in her OWN narrative. She is basically the puppet of her hateful surrounding and all her actions are reactions, to say it blunt. One of the few things which could make her interesting is her power. They literally forsaked her whole personality for her current power level. Do you REALLY wanna take it away and make it an object of celestial origin? Especially since Riot has a history of using celestial lore/magic in such a way that creates more harm and good for the plot. Hell, Spirit of Ionia is not enough random Deus Ex Machina for Syndra's plot at this point? Do we REALLY need more? Syndra currently suffers that she has no positive story hooks for the reader. We should I, as a reader should even want to see myself in her? She only suffered, she has no healthy ways to cope with her pain and I'm a person which powerful magic at the commend. Now, you talk about her making her power as origin of something non-human, make her natural talent not her own. At this point, why should we as a reader even try to care about Syndra if she is not supposed to be a human like us?
: I just feel the cover is too "loud" you know? like it should fit the master of shadows, not superman. I think it could be designed with Zed emerging from the shadows, with the markings from Jhin's mask faintly in the background.
I fully agree with you. As a freaking shadow assassin Zed definitely should be more subtle. Not consider the cover has so much into it (as you mentioned, it is visual noisy). I would prefer something like Warmother again but instead, they picked an art style similar to Lux, which I really dislike. I mean, we shouldn't judge a book but its cover since I have high hopes but the cover really feels unfitting for Zed.
  Rioter Comments
zounet (EUW)
: but these "mortals" who became vastayashai'rei, were they humans or other animals? It just lacks the explanation of the animal appearance of vastayas
> [{quoted}](name=zounet,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=E8k7I7N8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-20T10:30:13.942+0000) > > but these "mortals" who became vastayashai'rei, were they humans or other animals? > It just lacks the explanation of the animal appearance of vastayas >Calling upon the wisdom of their ancestors, the most enlightened mortals took the power of the spirit realm into themselves, becoming Vastayashai’rei—deathless **shapechangers** who could wield the natural world itself as a weapon. I would assume humans (since mortals are usually used to describe humans) and if you become a shapeshifter, it explains the animal parts of the Vastaya.
: >age lost to myth, the harmony of the First Lands was shattered by war between mortals and a race of titans that had come from the skies above So I guess the significance of this image is known to us now https://lolstatic-a.akamaihd.net/frontpage/apps/prod/universe-map/en_US/58c9aeb77ffc8ea44a3d723fd2e0ccc964f3444b/assets/images/ionia_culture_01.jpg
Yeah, I had the same thought. Especially since the scale of the weapon fit for Titans as well.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > This was a fun series to do, but I don't think I'll post about every issue for the following Zed comic. {{champion:238}} "Do not deny me."
Don't worry, I'm already planning to do that kind of threads for the Zed comic. Luckily the paid version is only a few hours before the free version so more than enough time to get some writing done.
Diävolo (EUW)
: Nah, Zed's comic. I just want Zed comic
I mean, I don't disagree with you. For now, the Zed comic is something tangible, something we know WILL happen. (Also I just want to Order of the Shadow lore as well). While the Demacia Novella itself could offer so much, it is still a promise they have to fulfill. Not consider I actually would like to see more spotlight to different regions again.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: OwO Was this A virus? UwU
Added a Twitter Video to it, if you don't trust the website.
Rioter Comments
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Pantheon Special Interactions
And as usual Interlocutioner goddamit delivers it. The best thing is that the Pantheon focus on being human. In strengh of the bound of humanity. So far Pantheons has been my favorite work for this year. The only possible thing which could top is the new marksman. Which is also done by Interlocutioner. So I have high hopes.
: So PROJECT Akali is apparently a double agent...
I would like to mention that I don't really care for Akali much nor for this new butch of PROJECT: skins but here is my take to this. A skin is always an alternative university, which mean a chracater can have different goals and point of views. We have skins like Harbringer Kassadin, Forsaken Jayce and Dark Star Karma which make them "evil" while we have skins like Justicar Syndra and Aatrox which are suppose to make them good. There is nothing wrong if a champion has different personality or take for an alt!verse. A skin is not a failure because it tries to highlight different aspects of a personality. Nobody complained about Dark Star Karma, which turned her into a space destroying monster. Why is Akali a different case?
Falrein (EUW)
: Which champions get interacted with the most in-game? (Spoilers, it's not Lux) - A List
First of all, good job Falr! I think I already told that like two time on two different Discord server, but you never can say good things too much. I guess I gonna cry in our single Syndra interaction because Riot still refuse to give her a personality, goal AND interaction. That freaking hurts. ~~But I already don't expect anything positive from Riot regarding Syndra anyway~~ Garen is an easy champion to taunt, so it makes sense. Same goes for Katarina and Caitlyn. (I mean, champion even roast Cait for her wandrobe, which makes sense). Tbh, you can see how the narrative team has some heavy preference to Bard, Illaoi, Aurelion Sol, Kindred, Taliyah, Tahm Kench and Sion, even if you consider these all pretty niche champion. It shows how the writer are only human and they have champion which they really like. That Taliyah is loved by the narrative team is a thing I noticed a while ago and I can fully agree. Some champion are still new and could get some more love (Nunu could be a good candidate imo).
nevcs (EUW)
: Excuse me? I just actually asked ONE thing. So if someone ask for something it means that he does not care about anything else lmao. Btw Before posting i wanted to find out by myself but found almost nothing so i posted this. I can't understand why do some people argue about this question, just don't write anything!
Because the League of Legends lore has so many different topics which are WORTHY to discuss with various facets and actually canon facts to back them up. Be it thinks like the concept of magic and death, economic and rewritten history. Hell, even if you wanna talk about the concept of sexuality and relationship you could do it in a more interesting way like does Runeterras society also has some weird hyperfixation about sex like our world does? How are people which are still without any relationship are viewed in the society? Instead you ask which champion canonily fucked someone. Which is like the "how is the strongest champ/who wins a battle between x and y" question - you can ask that kind of question, but it is incredible flawed by design. We have little view of canon relationship and sexualities for the champions, so there is no good answer to begin with. (Regarding the powerlevel question - there are more factors than just raw power to begin with, so the question also is really not worth asking to begin with). Also, it is a fucking needlessly question to begin with. Do you go in real life and ask people if they fucked someone? Which is actually an intim question which the answer you don't need to begin with. If you don't ask that kind of question in real life, why would you do it in lore?
: Well, I mean, Jhin was most likely captured in his late teens-early 20s and in prison until he was in his late 30s(he's 38-39 canonly), so I'm not entirely sure when he would have had sex anyway. It also isn't said or implied anywhere that he raped his victims either, and that's probably the only way he would've had sex. Like I said, he's probably impotent.
> Like I said, he's probably impotent. Nop, WAAARGHbobo made it pretty clear in the AMA that Jhin doesn't really care for sex to begin with. > Q: What's Jhin's sexuality (if he has one)? His VO and animations are on a Taric level of fabulousness. > A: Gun-sexual? Kill-sexual? Jhin doesn't understand sex in the same way you do (regardless of your gender identity). ----- > Q: What Jhin would think about Syndra? She is another Ionian who was held back because of Ionia's hesitation towards anything violent, and I wonder whether he feels they have that in common or not. > A: Jhin isn't really interested in people. To him your are either useful for his next performance-- or not. [Link to the Jhin AMA](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/WUwqmxEZ-new-champion-qa-jhin-the-virtuoso-completed?show=rundown) It really makes it sound that like Jhin is in the ace spectrum. As aro ace person myself I can say that I also don't get or care for the concept of sex. I know, our society has some weird hyperfixation on it but a person doesn't "need" a reason for not having sex to begin with.
nevcs (EUW)
: Champions who are virgin and who aren't
There are so many amazing things you could discuss about the League Universe and you chose to show the whole world how little you care about actual politics, relationship, history or similar? Such a needless topic to begin with. But if you wanna know how canonily is virgin. Non-human beings (mostly spirits and similar) Bard Evelynn (no, she never has sex with her victims. The moment they touch her with desire, she is allowed to do with them that she wants and that is torture them to death) Galio Janna Kindred Nocturn Shaco (atleast if his placeholder bio will stay canon) Tahm Kench Voidborns Cho'Gath Kha'Zix Kog'Maw Rek'Sai (she is a mother, yes, but I sincere doubt she procreates on a sexual way tbh) Vel'Kox Children/Teenager Annie Gnar Nunu Zoe Humans Jhin - In his AMA it is pretty clear said that Jhin doesn't care for humans in any sexual way but only as objects for his art. I mean, not impossible to have some experience in that matter anyway, but he is pretty much canon ace. Champions which canonily had sex. Azir, Kassadin,Darius and Varzs were fathers at some point of the time. Camille had a relationship, so did Lucian. Ahri had atleast one relationship as well. Illaoi and Gankplank used to be together as well. So yeah, this should be all. Could be some missing but whatever.
: I agree, and even with in-game voiceovers, quite often the VO is just for the sake of VO with no deeper lore meaning. And it is incredibly annoying for example Pyke is a completely other character in a game with his VO and in the lore he is a whole another thing. And yeah probably the most annoying thing about the lore is that important info is everywhere but the universe. Morgana's dark magic??? Why is that? We have no idea by reading the lore, but we have an answer out of the lore on comments twitter etc. And at the same time, everything that is not on the universe is not canon... Like wtf. They themselves but the word limit of bio's etc. Just to handicap them from giving us crucial information....
> I agree, and even with in-game voiceovers, quite often the VO is just for the sake of VO with no deeper lore meaning. And it is incredibly annoying for example Pyke is a completely other character in a game with his VO and in the lore he is a whole another thing. I think VOs are that kind of thing which HIGHLY depends on the writer and how much they push for their version. WAAARGHbobo and Interlocutioner for example have really good record on lore heavy Voiceover while other writer like going more for character or lighter interaction. Not gonna lie, I really dislike the currently "light" VO we are getting. Lets hope Interlocutioner keeps on delivering with the marksman and Pantheon. Pyke is kinda weird. On the one hand, he is not a champion I actually expected any heavy lore information but he brings in it the Swimming City which should be important but for me it is just another random question mark so I can't even bother with it. Qiyana is the same thing. Yes, I know she is suppose to be hated but quite frankly I'm just mad that she offers almost no insight into her society with her VO. They really hyped her up so much and her lVO is literally a blank sheet of paper. It just dissapointing. > And at the same time, everything that is not on the universe is not canon... Like wtf. They themselves but the word limit of bio's etc. Just to handicap them from giving us crucial information.... I don't thing world limits are bad per se, actually. It looks weird if you go to read some unfinish bios and then go to Xerath has double the length of a standart bio. However, it feels like the world limited kinda kills a lot of nuances in the writing. More often than I like I read a new lore and thing the reading flow is worse than in the old version. I would like to have more or less standart version of bio length but a) I think it should be a little bit longer (maybe 100 words more? They can a lot of nuance into it) and b) the writer should be able to "break" it if it is actually needed. Some champion like Illaoi have a lot world building information and without these you simple won't understand how the champion thinks.
Falrein (EUW)
: While the AMA part is true, I think the quotes are an essential part of a character's depiction (minus older champions whose VOs aren't canon anymore). I think it's fairly normal to use quotes to decipher a character's personality and goals, and I think Morgana's flaws are depicted well enough in her VO, as I mentioned in my thread. I think the only problem comes from the fact that Kayle doesn't have as much "good" depiction as Morgana. Faceless implies that you need to read the AMA to understand Kayle's whole character and I disagree. In her stories and quotes, I can see her will to do what's good even though she's extreme, and that's, imo, the most important part. Again, I'm not saying K&M's release is perfect, but even before the AMA was out I never thought of Kayle as a bad person or anything. Of course it helps understanding the characters better, but I don't view it as necessary. I don't have much more to say than what I said in my thread really. I don't think Jellbug failed with K&M, if only to maybe accentuate Kayle's virtuous qualities. Other than that, taking everything into consideration (bios, VOs and stories), I don't think Morgana is depicted as perfect (her whole VO is as edgy and emo as you can get), and I just think the problem comes from the fact that they should have highlighted Kayle's "good sides" a bit more. Of course you could say I know all this because I'm willing to delve deeper into these champions' narratives and personalities, and to analyze them correctly, but I'm of the ones who think you can't fully understand a character just by reading a bio and a story once. I think if people are willing to dive into a character, not taking the AMA into account, they'd realize basically what I said. I myself don't try to understand all characters this much and thus don't get the full picture, but it's my bad, not the writer's. It's like Syndra, I hear a lot that she's insane and that she's a bad person, but if you try to understand the character and her background, you can realize that it's not the case (well, I'm not saying that it absolves her from everything, but you get my point). (This is an answer to both you and Faceless because you basically adress the same issue lul)
> Of course you could say I know all this because I'm willing to delve deeper into these champions' narratives and personalities, and to analyze them correctly, but I'm of the ones who think you can't fully understand a character just by reading a bio and a story once. I think if people are willing to dive into a character, not taking the AMA into account, they'd realize basically what I said. I myself don't try to understand all characters this much and thus don't get the full picture, but it's my bad, not the writer's. I disagree strongly. Things like AMA, boards answer, twitter answers can give some MAJOR (world building) information which complete change the point of view from the topic and/or character. The thing is that there are enough importance nuances are missing in the Kayle and Morgana Bios EVEN if I know it exist. When I read the Kayle Bio, she seems so incredible overzealous while Morgana has no visable faults for me. Yes, their Voiceover go deeper in the topic, I agree, but still a lot of their nuance IS missing. The thing is, the lore of League is so incredible difficult to get into it and the amount of important world building information, which are shattered are between various platforms, is just insane. I give you a few examples - lets assume a new lore fan joins our Discord Server and only has read the work on the Universe website. No boards, no reddit, no Twitter. Just the things which are "official" canon. We will talk about how Kayle not always kill people, when they ask for the source, they get the answer it is mention in the Kayle and Morgana AMA. We talk how Elementalborn exist outside of Freljord and how these are effect by their elements and possible magic. They ask how we know that this actually valid possiblity since all known Elementalborn are Freljordians. We link him WAARGbobo's board answer. When the talk about magic, we will talk about Scathelockes Twit with the different types of magic. They didn't even know such a thing exist. And we talk about someone who in this scenario actually read all canon lore. And still he is missing tons of valid information which they probably want to know. To get my point across: The information are shattered around on to many places which makes it incredible hard to get access to the lore on a actually good level and only makes the gap between casual reader and hardcore lore nerds bigger and bigger. Don't get me wrong, I don't want the comments or AMA to stop and a gap between casual and hardcore fans will always exist no matter that but I actually think it is incredible problematic how many gatekeeper our lore has. I like the lore. I love the lore. But thtis is a problems and sometimes I know notice that I simple don't want to put so much energy into all this to be informed. It is just draining. I know your post is about Kayle and Morgana but I think this theard just highlights how the Riot makes the lore more and more to actually get the "correct" grasp of your own main. > It's like Syndra, I hear a lot that she's insane and that she's a bad person, but if you try to understand the character and her background, you can realize that it's not the case (well, I'm not saying that it absolves her from everything, but you get my point). There will be always people who reduces champion to some tropes/personality traits and no matter how good and nuance the lore is, it will happen. However, the Syndra lore also has some "hidden" information in various Scathelocke quotes. (You know which one are mean).
Falrein (EUW)
: Kayle and Morgana - Thoughts, theories, and lore directions
Gonna agree with Pale Mask's comment. The problem is that Kayle's own bio has a bias to Morgana, while the Morgana bio fails to shows us her faults. If you need to go to an AMA to find that kind of important information, you, as writer, simple failed to do your own narrative justice. Morgana and Kayle lore have potential - but the problem that Jellbug either has a bias toward one sister and can't hide it or she is unable to show for other reason the main personality traits, virtues and flaws. For example, all stories or "canon" mention we have, Kayle kills the guilty person. However, not all crimes which she judge will result in death, like Jellbug said it in the AMA. And yet the only indication that she can punish you with other things than death is only mentioned in the AMA. So people who only read the lore and play the champion have a different view than people who read the AMA. This is a big problem. I don't mind some minor or world building information being hidden in AMAs, but if you need to check an AMA to understand the whole character, the writer failed to hit the mark.
: It wouldn't bother me except that Anti-magic is focused on so heavily that Demacia's positive side (comraderie, diligence, duty, brotherhood, discipline, reliability) is smothered to an insane degree. Even in the Lux comic, Demacia is treated as Lux's enemy.
Ngl, at this point the Anti-magic story line kinda makes Demacia look like as if it is Evil Incarnation. Which Demacia isn't it, it has more than enough good attitude as well. But the narrative team really has the bad habit on focusing on one plotline which sometimes can bring some big problems.
: my knowledge is that chromas don't get a unique splash, those were likely made specifically for the site
It seems the splashart are official, but this is just something for chinese server.
: {{champion:110}} Skins don't really sell well at all. He has a almost none existing Player Base. Guess people just don't find him fun to play or find his character appealing.
It was more a mentioned how ADC getting so much more legendaries than all other classes. But yeah, Varus surprisely doesn't have that many skins even if I think he is great to lane with.
: while i agree with all of this, Riot really needs to be better at showing it in their stories. like one story were a Demacian discovers that they're a mage, uses magic to idk protect some people, gets registered so if any fire balls happen near his village the Mage Seekers know who to go to, then they go on with the rest of their life in peace at least until Sylas happens. is that too much to ask for?
Only the lore says it pretty clear as well? > “A young girl lived here,” he said. “Powerful mage.” > > “You… captured her?” said Cithria, wide-eyed. > > “She gave herself in,” chimed in Arno. “She was benign. Registered. Normally, one such as her wouldn’t be taken in, but ever since—” > > “Arno!” snapped Cadstone. (From Turmoil) I would argue that Demacia would benefit from more stories like "What Once Sailed Free" which shows other thematics but there are enough mages which lived in peace before Sylas brought chaos into Demacia. People have just really selective memories.
: I know and it's so FRUSTRATING Demacia is my favorite faction in this game, please rito _stop making them the Nazis_!!
I don't think Riot is going for Nazi route, especially since mages can be potential dangerous. Also, it is the best time to be a Demacia fan with the Lux Comic + Demacia Novella which probably will give us some more insight and hopefully some new point of view to work. (Even if I have to admit that I'm pretty done with Lux for the time, I want the other Demacias to shine as well).
: Who do you want to see featured on PROJECT and Star Guardian Skins for this year?
Honest, at this point I have no hope for PROJECT: and Star Guardian since Arcade showed they will only get for champion which sell well enough. But some of my thoughts **PROJECT** {{champion:91}} Talon makes the most sense since he fits into the universe nicely and doesn't have that kind of sci-fi skin yet. {{champion:39}} Irelia has good weapon design for PROJECT and is popular. However, it could be similar to her Infiltrator skin. {{champion:5}} Xin would also fit and doesn't have any sci-fi skins yet. {{champion:133}} Quinn would fit excellent into it but Riot wants money so no. {{champion:131}} Diana also would fit in great but I have hopes she may could be part of Eclipse this year (Double Legendary Eclipse like Leona pls). {{champion:119}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:110}} Random Legendary ADC of your liking because we all know only ADC skins sell, lel. **Star Guardian** I know people will hate my for this opinion but Star Guardian is a hella generic and cookie-cut skin which you can give like every pretty/handsome champion in League. Weapons make it easier to design but these are not even really important either. Just pick some random which sell well and tada, you have your new Star Guardian line up. {{champion:163}} and {{champion:44}} would fit into it greatly but Riot only cares for money so I doubt they will get it. I have still hopes for Eclipse later this year but honest, I probably shouldn't expect anything good either.
: LUX: ISSUE #2
So, yeah the issue was fine I guess. Fine, not good, not amazing, fine. The truth is that the Lux Comic doesn't can get my attention like the Ashe comic did. First, both issues mostly retold us things which lore nerds already know. Consider the comics are suppose to reach a wider audience, especially people who don't even play this game, it is just fair. However, for people who know the lore really well it is just feels boring to reread things we already know. Expect that Garen knows his sister is problematic and the J4 needs to marry someone story hook, the comic hasn't much depth yet. I hope the next issue will hit the present and without actually content we do not know yet. Maybe. Second, the choice of characters. Yes, I know why the picked Lux and I agree with the choice but quite frankly it still feels bad to get a 5 issue comic about a champion which already has so much lore content. For me the comic is just filler until we get the Zed Comic for which I have high hopes. Also the Demacia Novella for which I also have high hopes (for which we sadly do not know any information yet). Third, I'm not super happy how naive Lux is in the comic. Yes, I know she was naive and similar but somehow I wished she would have more... control over the situation by herself. Instead of desperation I would have wished curiosity being her reason to meet Sylas. It would have given her so much more agenda than "stupid naive girl falls the bad guy". Maybe it is just me but it kinda irks me. Fourth, as someone who buys the digital version on Marvel it still feels bad to pay 5 USD and get nothing in return. I really love the lore and I'm glad to support the narrative team directly but it still feels bad to buy something if you can read it complete for free few hours later. Especially since I usually can read the comic during the noon because of the work. I really loved the Special Edition of the Ashe comic and the glossary. Fifth, I really dislike Lux/Sylas as ship and while the comic is fine, it doesn't help that some Rioter on my Twitter timeline post BDSM related Lux/Sylas jokes. I understand why they do it but honest, consider how Sylas ticks the ships REALLY rubs me the wrong way. Also I really hope the woman J4 hinted was Shyvana. It is a good ship and makes also a lot of sense, so don't kill it. (Whom I'm kidding, Scathelocke hates love, he will sink it so hard). The "You don't say no to Tianna Crownguard" quote caught my interesting. Maybe I just read too much into it but I would like to thing that she is also kinda political player. I actually would enjoy a little bit more political agenda in the Demacia like Noxus have. Well, lets hope the next issue is more to my liking.
: > [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JMeN6J37,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-06-10T04:31:51.648+0000) > > Read the Tweet the Void isn't magic > > So Annie is using spirit magic is what you're saying? > > Wat? The void is literally magic. "The Iceborn were given great gifts, magic and immortality in return for their eternal loyalty." They literally gave magic away... do you think they did that out of thin air? They have magic of their own. They had to power to make people immortal and grant magical powers. What exactly does that and isn't magical? They're magical creatures. The guy was either talking about specifically kog maw, kha' zix and champs like that, or like I said, his job title is to manage the lore, not to create it, he could have no idea what he's talking about. Annie is using spirit magic. The celestials literally use spirit magic and are beings of spirit. Kindred is a celestial, guess what, she's nothing but a spirit. Bard is a celestial, guess what, he's nothing but a spirit. Soraka gave up her celestial spirit and merged with a real body, guess how that's treated her? She literally kills herself every time she uses her powers now. The void is literally the reason why Ashe and her family are able to use magic and magic weapons (you can't pick up the weapons without magic because they're too cold). They're decendents of Lissandra and Avarosa.
Only Void is NOT magic. Void is the absent of everything but you are right, the Void also uses to transform things. This how the Void creates Voidborn/Void Constructs, by transforming Runeterra material into something complete new. > The shell that had been Olar Stonefist cracked open with a wet tear, and a pale thing spilled forth in a tumble of hissing ichor and segmented limbs. > > It righted itself unsteadily, clawing at the ice with talons the length of daggers. A slashing tail unfurled behind it, and it lifted its head, all bony tusks and jutting spines, revealing a burning, purple-tinged light at its heart. Sections of its spongy, flexible exoskeleton closed protectively around that heart and began to harden. > > It was a sickly white colour, devoid of hue, but its hide quickly darkened, as if in reaction to the air. The creature’s eyes tore open to look upon the icy world into which it had been born—twelve pinpricks of hot, purple light, gathered in three clusters. > > It lifted its head high, and a keening birth-scream ripped from its throat. (The Eye into the Abyss) Iceborns are NOT the creation of the Void. They gave Lissandra her immortality, but not her ice related power. Elementalborn exist plenty in Freljord, see Stormborn and Hearthborn. These Elementalborn seem to be more related with the demigods of their region (Anivia -> Iceborn, Ornn -> Hearthborn, Volibear -> Stormborn). > As the new Warmother of the Winter’s Claw, Sejuani began attacking and absorbing nearby tribes, consolidating her power and gathering a veritable horde of followers. Her defiance of the Frostguard also attracted outcast shamans, spirit walkers, Iceborn and Stormborn, and unrepentant worshippers of all the old gods from across the Freljord. (Sejuani Bio) While we do not have any examples of elementalborn outside from Freljord in the canon yet, WAAARGHbobo confirmed these exist in other region as well (for example Iceborn can be found in high mountains of Ionia as well). > The guy was either talking about specifically kog maw, kha' zix and champs like that, or like I said, his job title is to manage the lore, not to create it, he could have no idea what he's talking about. Annie is using spirit magic. First, Scathelocke also write the lore as well, more important he even wrote a void related piece (Whom Does The Desert Know?) and second, Scathe literally is the main editor from League. He knows the lore goddamit well and more important knows the worldbuilding more than just decent. And yes, they are probably some Narrative Writer which have more direct overview about their region (see WAAARGHbobo with Freljord) but Scathelocke and Biolumence are probably the one with the best overall overview. Saying he doesn't that he is talking about is a gooddamit insult, quite frankly.
: Quiyana might be the least likable character I've ever read about
There is nothing wrong with character which are written to be hated. HOWEVER I wish she brougt something actual new at the table for now. Her lore is created out of different bits which already exist in other League chracter and doing it so much better. Expect given us a new region she is quite a waste. Not gonna in her absolut boring and generic visual design...
Reav3 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lady Faceless,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qYWkz0uu,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-05-30T19:19:31.769+0000) > > According to Spideraxe she would have won if Riot hadn't weighted chinas vote. > So yeah, she probably will get her smaller VGU in not such a far future. > > https://twitter.com/Spideraxe30/status/1134139327498399746 Actually without weighting Voli still care first and Fiddle was still second. Shyvana was just a much closer 3rd
Thanks for correcting me and nice to see that people voted for both champion which needed it the most.
Show more

Lady Faceless

Level 294 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion