: > [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T17:36:08.725+0000) > > Simple: > Diana's R is not meant to reset from Qs that land while R is in-flight. > Therefore, since her ultimate was not functioning as intended, they removed the bug that allowed it to work that way. > Alistar's WQ is intended and in fact, they implemented buffering to make it harder to mess it up than to perform it, because W is casted, the effect happens as intended, but the knockback is interrupted by Pulverize's knockup, with the longer of the two's CC maintaining its duration regardless of which one "landed" first. It's not a bug, it's just how CC works in the game Again rive m wasn't intended to have animation cancels. Alistair wasn't intended to have his headbutt pulv combo. As muhh as you say it is intended now. It was not intended for like 4-5 seasons after which riot released a patch to make it more reliable (after a bunch of pro players fucked up the combo at world's). It was seen as a bug till the change. Most combos that aren't presented in championship spotlight are not intended. Many of them are from bugs.
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T09:04:29.473+0000) > > Again rive m wasn't intended to have animation cancels. Alistair wasn't intended to have his headbutt pulv combo. As muhh as you say it is intended now. It was not intended for like 4-5 seasons after which riot released a patch to make it more reliable (after a bunch of pro players fucked up the combo at world's). > It was seen as a bug till the change. > > > Most combos that aren't presented in championship spotlight are not intended. Many of them are from bugs. That doesn't matter. Riot liked Riven's animation cancel bug so they kept it and worked it into her kit. They liked Alistar's combo so they worked it into his kit. They didn't like this Diana reset bug so they removed it.
Warix3 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ZtPX4lXc,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T19:09:58.725+0000) > > Literally does not matter how many items you have, I once had a team with four 3 star champs crushed by a full team of 2 star assassins. Literally just build pyke, rengar, kha and you'll win long enough to put together a 2 or 3 star kat. It does matter, a lot. Try fighting against the same team like yours, except they have more items and see which one would win.
Position matters a whole lot more than items. Your Ashe could have a billion Shojin's on her, doesn't matter at all if she dies in the first second of the round. I got 3rd yesterday and I only got 2 item drops in total (I died 2 rounds before dragon). I managed to go so far because I was playing assassins and they'd instantly delete the carries that had all the items.
hoganftw (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=gowwUb5m,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T19:23:59.516+0000) > > There is zero problem, because over many games the variance evens out and proper strat can get you into the top 3 over 50% of the time. And the key difference in 1st and 2nd and 3rd is usually item difference. Nobody plays this game just to reach top 4. I'd rather have the same chances as everybody else to get good items than be lucky in a few games and be extremely unlucky in others.
In my own games the position in top 4 usually comes down to positioning and composition, not items. Doesn't matter how many items you have if you're running say gunslingers and the enemy is all assassins. You don't even get to use your items before your carries are dead.
Anatera (NA)
: Duh, they only put it in to give you the illusion that it's worth working towards. Anyone with a brain would've noticed it isn't, but Riot doesn't play their own game, so they can't tell.
You don't work towards it, you get it just for existing and not being an asshole. The problem is that you guys look at it like it's some end goal you have to grind up for. It's just a free little token for not being a jerk.
: Dodge should be a legit game mechanic, and not cost LP since you cannot control what champs your teammates choose that make a bad team comp... like a smiteless jg or 4 ADCs
That's one of the worst suggestions I've seen on the boards, and that's saying something. No one would be able to play ranked at all cause people would dodge for the tiniest thing. Oh he banned my pick? Dodge. He picked a champion I don't like? Dodge. The enemy picked my champion before me? Dodge. The enemy has a better team comp than us? Dodge. We're on blue side? Dodge. This player doesn't have 100 games played with their champ? Dodge. This player lost last game? Dodge. I don't like that guy's club tag? Dodge. See the problem?
Barkley (NA)
: Yeah if you stand there and get hit by it. Let me ask you something... why would an illaoi walk manacingly towards a team fight, when all of her attacks besides her ult are ranged? Oh right... she must be TRYING TO ULT. MOVE.
Eventually you're gonna hit your own fountain, you can't walk backwards forever. She's just gonna cash in free objectives if you have to run away every time she gets close.
: I don't know why they removed the crystal scar from custom lobbies for people who want to play dominion with friends or hide n seek...
> [{quoted}](name=GarfieldxLasagna,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4JA8feI2,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-17T04:23:36.827+0000) > > I don't know why they removed the crystal scar from custom lobbies for people who want to play dominion with friends or hide n seek... Because they'd still have to update the map whenever they changed or added something to the game, or else you could get games where for example having a Maokai and an Aurelion Sol on the same team soft-locks the match. Worse things have happened before.
: Honestly... I didnt know about Vi and Jinx being sisters, though I knew they know eachother Also more obvious Lux / Garen being brother and sister Also Gp and Illaoi somehow
Vi and Jinx being sisters is just a fan theory, it's not official.
iiGazeii (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xHg6oMfO,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2019-07-15T13:41:00.795+0000) > > Pyke is as popular as all those 7 champions put together, there's your answer. He sells WAY better than Aurelion Sol or Rek'Sai ever will, and companies usually don't want to make products that straight up loses them money. Even if they made the best possible Aurelion Sol skin imaginable and literally every single Aurelion Sol player bought it, it'd still only be equal to if 4-5% of all Pyke players bought a new Pyke skin. In the short term, yeah, they'd make a lot less money off an ASol skin than a Pyke skin. However, in the long run, I think they will lose money by leaving players that play off-meta and unpopular champions jaded against buying content. When somebody can justify doing something, it's much easier to justify doing it again. It's basic psychology. If somebody has invested money into League, they are more likely to continue investing money than somebody who has not. By dashing the hopes of not just ASol players, but all players for "forgotten" champions, that's a huge amount of people who are now put off from investing more money into League. Catering only to popular champions tells people that there's no point in spending their money, their champions will never get a skin because they're not popular, so they are less likely to buy into things like event passes. I'm not saying that the devs should stop making skins for popular champions, that just wouldn't be cost effective. But every event skin shouldn't be popular champions. Sprinkle in some unpopular champions to show good faith and at least give people the hope that their champion could be up for a skin. That hope would keep more people engaged in League.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xHg6oMfO,comment-id=000200020000,timestamp=2019-07-15T14:31:12.025+0000) > > In the short term, yeah, they'd make a lot less money off an ASol skin than a Pyke skin. > > However, in the long run, I think they will lose money by leaving players that play off-meta and unpopular champions jaded against buying content. > > When somebody can justify doing something, it's much easier to justify doing it again. It's basic psychology. If somebody has invested money into League, they are more likely to continue investing money than somebody who has not. By dashing the hopes of not just ASol players, but all players for "forgotten" champions, that's a huge amount of people who are now put off from investing more money into League. Catering only to popular champions tells people that there's no point in spending their money, their champions will never get a skin because they're not popular, so they are less likely to buy into things like event passes. > > I'm not saying that the devs should stop making skins for popular champions, that just wouldn't be cost effective. But every event skin shouldn't be popular champions. Sprinkle in some unpopular champions to show good faith and at least give people the hope that their champion could be up for a skin. That hope would keep more people engaged in League. They already do that though. Every year a couple of unpopular champs gets skins even though it most likely isn't worth it for Riot. From what I remember they've already confirmed Zilean and Taliyah will get skins this year.
Hordes66 (NA)
: Because they're a bunch of pansy snowflakes that can't handle criticism.
You think this is criticism? It's just a bunch of hate posts insulting them. Actual criticism would be "I think X is too strong, here's why I think so", not "omg X is broken u fuckn braindead idiots". Most of the time the boards leans towards the latter.
iiGazeii (NA)
: Absolutely, it looks amazing. But he also got a skin six months ago despite being released fourteen months ago. He's getting another skin, meanwhile Ornn and Taliyah have yet to get their first skin after their release that isn't e-Sports related (those don't count, since it's the team that chose to put them into production, not the devs). He's getting another skin before Kled, Aurelion Sol, Kalista, Kindred, Rek'Sai, Ivern, and Illaoi get their second post-release skin.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xHg6oMfO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-14T17:58:36.491+0000) > > Absolutely, it looks amazing. > > But he also got a skin six months ago despite being released fourteen months ago. > > He's getting another skin, meanwhile Ornn and Taliyah have yet to get their first skin after their release that isn't e-Sports related (those don't count, since it's the team that chose to put them into production, not the devs). > > He's getting another skin before Kled, Aurelion Sol, Kalista, Kindred, Rek'Sai, Ivern, and Illaoi get their second post-release skin. Pyke is as popular as all those 7 champions put together, there's your answer. He sells WAY better than Aurelion Sol or Rek'Sai ever will, and companies usually don't want to make products that straight up loses them money. Even if they made the best possible Aurelion Sol skin imaginable and literally every single Aurelion Sol player bought it, it'd still only be equal to if 4-5% of all Pyke players bought a new Pyke skin.
: > [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xHg6oMfO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-14T17:58:36.491+0000) I mean, Ornn and Taliyah were never getting PORJECT skins anyway. The PROJECT skins, according to Riot, are only for humans with significant weapons. Ornn isn't a human and Taliyah doesn't have a weapon. If anything, they'd get Program skins. As for PROJECT: Warwick, a Rioter has confirmed that the lore will explain why he's there, but they also confirmed that the base requirements for the skin line aren't changing. It sucks that Pyke is getting another skin before they do, but that doesn't mean they aren't getting skins this year at all. Its still possible that Taliyah could be a Star Guardian, for example.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xHg6oMfO,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-14T19:19:54.354+0000) > > I mean, Ornn and Taliyah were never getting PORJECT skins anyway. The PROJECT skins, according to Riot, are only for humans with significant weapons. Ornn isn't a human and Taliyah doesn't have a weapon. If anything, they'd get Program skins. > > As for PROJECT: Warwick, a Rioter has confirmed that the lore will explain why he's there, but they also confirmed that the base requirements for the skin line aren't changing. > > It sucks that Pyke is getting another skin before they do, but that doesn't mean they aren't getting skins this year at all. Its still possible that Taliyah could be a Star Guardian, for example. They've already confirmed months ago that Taliyah is getting a skin this year, so there's no ifs or buts about it.
: Get rid of Shojin
I think the item can stay. They could however make it so you can only have 1 of each item on a champion, to prevent players from just stacking them on say Pyke. Also they should make other items more attractive to get so you have more choices than "do I get Guinsoo's or Shojin's?". Lastly of course they could just tone it down a bit if it's still too much.
Yenn (NA)
: Hitting Rengar with CC during his jump and still dying in half a second does not feel good
CC only takes effect once the target has reached its destination (the one exception is displacements or CC that explicitly stops mobility). As far as I remember Rengar's jump is an auto attack enhancer, meaning it will still hit since he's technically already auto attacked you (it's just that there's a travel time before damage is applied). It's basically just a ranged auto attack that also pulls Rengar with it. If you CC a Caitlyn after she's auto attacked you the projectile will still hit you, no?
: Stop making threads asking for champs to get skins, and
Reminds me of Baker Pantheon. It was the 2nd most requested skin every (only second to Dragon Master Swain) and people literally begged Riot for years to make it. Riot did end up making it, aaaaaaand no one bought it. From what I've remember Riot's outright said it was a monetary loss for them. People liked the IDEA of the skin existing, but they didn't want to buy it. Sure, it'd be nice if say Kalista or Rek'Sai got another skin. But let's be honest, are you really gonna buy it? Is it really worth it for Riot to spend months making a new skin only 100 people will buy?
Accenix (NA)
: Riot's idea of playing with ranked.
(Disclaimer, "you" in this doesn't refer to you personally, I'm talking about the boards in general) Do you honestly with your hand on your heart believe that Riot has decided what rank everyone should end up at so they intentionally rig matches so it ends up that way? You realize how much work that would take for literally zero benefit for Riot? What would Riot gain from making people upset and quitting the game? For a place that sure loves calling Riot lazy you also love to imagine Riot going out of their way to do a crazy amount of extra work just to personally screw you over. It's as simple as this: People are inconsistent and emotional. You can play like a god for 10 games and suddenly you don't, which causes you to tilt and play worse and worse. That Caitlyn that ended 0/8/5 and lost you the game could've gone 20/1/14 three games ago and hard carried. But you only see the 0/8 and think that's how they always play. One of the best things you can learn is to realize when you're starting to tilt and simply stop playing for at least a couple of hours. That's how you avoid playing worse and worse and worse and getting those gigantic loss streaks.
: No. Inflammatory as all hell. Pretend someone who doesn't respond to you just doesn't want to talk, or doesn't speak English.
Would you prefer the team getting mad at you because you're not following the team's callouts? They don't know you've muted the chat, so to them you're being an asshole and just ignoring the team. They might even report you for intentionally trolling and helping the enemy team. Right now you really only mute people who are being assholes, and they generally don't call out startegies in the chat.
Xavanic (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TrLacBkA,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-07-13T12:35:43.267+0000) > > Damn, dude, are you trying to hit the minimum word count of an essay with buzzwords alone? what? what the fuck are buzzwords?
Words that are meant to sell a product/argument or to build hype. They sound important so it makes simple people buy into your argument and makes it look like you know what you're talking about. Roadmap, immersive, 4K, ray tracing, gluten free, millennial, etc. Those are common buzzwords you'll see everywhere. On the league boards, common buzzwords are (but are not limited to): LC$, revenue, hyper mobile, int, damage meta, Tencent, oneshot, true damage, community. Want to sound more important? Complain about how Tencent has forced a true damage oneshot meta with hyper mobile assassins meant to push LC$ to increase revenue. Doesn't even have to be related to your topic, just tack that on and people will agree with you because it sounds smart.
KuroCorbeau (EUNE)
: I do believe that Supp is the least played roll because of the following reasons: 1. It is without a doubt the hardest role to play. When u have a bad supp, u lose bot. When u lose bot, the chance that u will also lose the whole game is over 70%. 2. Supports get none of the glory 3. A good support takes no kills, but most people prefer killing over winning. I believe that there needs to be a greater encouragement for people to play it. Autofilling them and basically forcing them to do it, is the wrong way. Maybe awarding them for doing it would encourage more play. Bonus BE would definitely make me wanna start playing as a supp, so i can afford more champs.
Rewards can backfire though. You'll have people queue for support to get the bonus, but then they'll either play like Riven "support" or they'll strongarm themselves into getting another lane. That happened all the time for me with Teambuilder. People would queue support for the instant queue but then they'd play Riven or Jax.
Infernape (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nu1bgyQk,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-07-12T23:16:09.894+0000) > > Since when does Cho have to stack anything to execute you? As long as you're low enough he just eats you. I'm guessing they mean for his ultimate to be able to execute you from a substantial amount of HP.
It's still 650 true damage if he has 0 AP and 0 bonus HP (which only happens if Cho is AFK or trolling). That's higher than Pyke in the same situation (550 damage with no bonus AD or lethality). That's 1/3 of an ADC's health bar at level 18. I still don't see how Cho has to stack anything for his ult to deal an insane amount of damage.
: pykes excute has to be the worst designed excute in the game
Since when does Cho have to stack anything to execute you? As long as you're low enough he just eats you.
: its just, elite gaming skills arent even part of the equation currently. The game is literally 99% RNG and 1% strategy.
That's why the same people end up winning all the time? Or do some people just have naturally better RNG?
: LOL love that people somehow believe this even when it just not true. 1: Zoe is just weaker old nidalee. 2: Teemo shrooms ARE MUCH weaker compared to old league. 3: Basically every assassin was actually strong in old league like I not making this up like look at almost any assassin and think what was there strongest point and it would be in the older seasons. 4: Less tank items. 5: There is actually a reason to fight over lanes in all points of the game unlike old seasons where there was basically no reason to go top. Like NAME ME THE CHAMPION THAT HAS BEEN POWER CREEP since I can't think of any all old champions reached there peak in the old seasons. New champions don't have much more in damage compared to old champions meaning you're just wrong. A lot of the times it's utility that makes new champions good like no one thought sylas was good because of damage it was healing. Do you want me to keep listening things since I have not even gotten to things like ap yi? You know what I can't remember happening in older seasons damage champions GOING TANK when it should be the opposite if damage is too high.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmbV2k6L,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-10T12:47:00.146+0000) > > LOL love that people somehow believe this even when it just not true. > 1: Zoe is just weaker old nidalee. > > 2: Teemo shrooms ARE MUCH weaker compared to old league. > > 3: Basically every assassin was actually strong in old league like I not making this up like look at almost any assassin and think what was there strongest point and it would be in the older seasons. > > 4: Less tank items. > > 5: There is actually a reason to fight over lanes in all points of the game unlike old seasons where there was basically no reason to go top. > > > Like NAME ME THE CHAMPION THAT HAS BEEN POWER CREEP since I can't think of any all old champions reached there peak in the old seasons. New champions don't have much more in damage compared to old champions meaning you're just wrong. A lot of the times it's utility that makes new champions good like no one thought sylas was good because of damage it was healing. > > Do you want me to keep listening things since I have not even gotten to things like ap yi? > > You know what I can't remember happening in older seasons damage champions GOING TANK when it should be the opposite if damage is too high. I still have recurring nightmares of playing Twisted Fate back in season 2 or 3 and accidentally stepping on a single Teemo mushroom which brought me from 100% HP down to around 40% HP. I had to recall on the spot because stepping on another one would've killed me. And yeah, I don't get the Zoe comparison people make. Old Nidalee had way more mobility, only needed 1 ability to do what Zoe needs her entire kit to do, and she had healing in case you managed to hit her once.
: > [{quoted}](name=Death by Glamour,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KgyviZTm,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-09T10:44:50.737+0000) > > he already fills that role > > https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champion/Blitzcrank/ Pretty much, yeah. But renekton got it as well and he's a top laner so it's all I can really figure. Riot really wants a shield buster when in reality it should probably just be on an item.
They should never put it on an item, that's the worst thing you could do. If literally everyone can break shields then they'd have to massively buff shields or champions that have shields because it's expected their shields will be worthless. And then you get those games where no one buys the item and now the shield champions are super oppressive. Sounds familiar? That's how the old stealth worked with pink wards. Stealth champions like Akali were balanced around their stealth being worthless because 75 gold could negate their biggest strength. And thus low elo, who don't buy wards, complained that stealth champions were OP. It's kinda the same situation with healing. Because of Grievous Wounds being so easy to get healing has to be way stronger.
: Why exactly are people downvoting this? Do you all really believe that everyone is out to get you and sabotage every one of your games or something? Even the best intentioned people often make stupid decisions, that doesn't mean theyre "inting", it means they're making misguided choices. Despite how overused the term "inting" is, true inting does not happen every game. Inting is doing something on purpose, not just being a garbage player.
> [{quoted}](name=Tahngarthor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnukEGpm,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-10T01:57:54.451+0000) > > Why exactly are people downvoting this? Do you all really believe that everyone is out to get you and sabotage every one of your games or something? Even the best intentioned people often make stupid decisions, that doesn't mean theyre "inting", it means they're making misguided choices. Despite how overused the term "inting" is, true inting does not happen every game. Inting is doing something on purpose, not just being a garbage player. They're downvoting because you try to bring logic into their fantasy world where they always play perfectly and the only reason they lose is because they always get at least 2 trolls and 1 inter on their team. There's no point in arguing with people who make these type of topics because they've already made their mind up that the world is out to get them.
: I'm so glad the client is working how it usually does. Keep up the good work Riot!
I'm so glad people still complain about the client even though Riot's already made a new modern client and it will be available pretty soon. They showed it off weeks ago for their Riot Pls, and it even has a new death recap. Now that they don't have to support Windows XP they can do more modern things.
: I can't remember the last time I had fun laning top lol
Vayne is barely ever played top, you'll on average see her once every 100 games. Heimerdinger has been top since basically forever, kinda mute point arguing about him ruining top.
: Its not actually poor design,,,,problem is that it cant be upgraded without making it unable to support all the operating systems that it is currently. Which is why, at long last, Riot decided to cut the support to windows XP. We´re getting a new client&death recap not too long from now, recap was even promised the next patch if nothing goes horribly wrong.
Well it's more that Google finally cut XP support for Chromium so now Riot doesn't have to support it as well.
Cibreca (NA)
: Is Carousel just a fancy word for Cloth Armor while you're doing well?
Well it's meant to give losing players a chance to stabilize so you're not guaranteed to lose if you got a bad 3-4 rounds at the start. Also adds some strategy in that you can intentionally do bad early on to get better items, but it's risky cause you might just outright lose or at least take so much damage it's not worth it. It is annoying though when everyone picks exactly what you needed before you're released.
: Odd Lore Question: Do Champions(or just Runeterrans in general) wear underwear?
Almost guaranteed they do. People have worn undergarments since at least the ancient egyptians. Warmer regions such as Shurima probably don't though, loincloths are enough for them to not roast their nuts.
: I don't believe it for a second. Unless it's a popular champion, you Developers don't care. It's nothing more than a bunch of different egos at Riot deciding the same champions get everything. The VO actress for Karma, Danielle, said multiple times she would come back in a heartbeat to do VO work for Karma or come back period. Karma's VGU on the art and VO update side was rushed and never completed. Riot is aware of all of this but somehow the same champions just keep getting the work while others are ignored. There is no excuse for why MF and Varrus still doesn't have VO work when you guys know how many of us want a model update and VO update. Maybe it's time to stop doing VGU and adding new champions and throw in two or three mini VGU like you prioritized on Rye, Ezreal and Morgana. You all know that what actually needs to get done. Where is this work ethic all of you keep saying is passionate and caring? I dont see it.
These are the type of comments that makes Rioters not want to talk with you guys on the boards, just saying. Could've framed that much better without being accusative and condescending. Why should Karma be prioritized over everyone else? There's champions who are way worse off than her who deserve to be worked on first.
Teh Song (NA)
: Thing 1: You are entirely right. RNG in this game is ludicrous and needs to be toned down. Personally I argue for the outright removal of all rng from all pvp things, but I digress. Thing 2: If you are playing a match with any level of "I want to get this" in your mind, you're playing wrong. Because of how rng heavy this game is, you don't get to do that. You build what you get, not try to get what you want to build.
Autochess literally cannot function without RNG. The entire point of the game is to work with what you get. Otherwise all you have is a spreadsheet where everyone ticks in what build they want and the winner is decided based on who picked the thing with the highest number.
: Add a "except" option to the fill role in role queue.
They already tried this on a couple of servers and it doesn't work. Everyone just excepts support or jungle and now you got 30-40 minute queues for everyone on the server. Inb4 "not everyone will except support". They will eventually, because it snowballs. If enough people except support it will force everyone who didn't except it to play support basically every game in order to make complete teams. This causes people to become fed up with playing support so they'll except it as well. That's what happened when they tried it out in practice. We also had it happen on the other servers where picking support secondary caused you to play support 9/10 times. The only realistic role they could except is mid and maybe ADC, but people only want the except feature so they can play nothing but mid and ADC anyway so it would be counterproductive.
: Key phrase is top 3. Not "I get first place" that means you didn't win. Fact of the matter is. If you roll a solid blade master comp, and you end up not getting a Draven mid game after you already lost to the 5 people rolling nobles. Then you're most likely going to lose more games. You Aatrox is 90% chance sitting at tier 2 with two tier 1s just waiting. So now, you gotta blow gold praying to rnjesus and truthfully speaking you may never get either one. Are you just going to sell your whole squad and pray to jesus again? Probably not. There was no skill involved in this. You just straight uplost to rng factors that are even worse than Hearthstone. Stastically speaking your best bet is for going nobles early on because the noble passive + garen beat out the over whelming majority of.comps, especially if you buy a single darius. After that you use the won gold.to do about whatever you want.
Top 4 is still a win and you'll climb with that once they release ranked.
Lordk0z (NA)
: Vormigaunt: The Iron Chef (Noxian Support)
I much prefer this over the generic "Noxian drill-sergeant support" idea people throw around. This has some flavour (heh) and allows Riot to show a different side of the Noxian military. A good chef is vital to keep your army's morale high and well fed so they can fight, and with how successful Noxus is they must have some great chefs.
Rownan (NA)
: Or better yet get ride of the stupid method of having to run and just let us drag the unit we want. Like the only reason this was a thing in autochess was cause of dota limitations why in the world would they include that here???
They don't want it to depend on internet connection, I'd guess. People with better ping would always get what they want while others have to pick whatever is left. That's a pretty big deal considering the rest of the game ins't really impacted by ping.
Kimimi (EUNE)
: Why do Kai'Sa and Rumble have the same amount of skins?
Rumble's rig is so shit to work with it's more effort than it's worth. They basically have to make an entirely new rig and redo everything for him whenever they make a new skin. He pretty much needs a complete visual rework before he'll be considered for skins again.
: I Demand A Human
Don't even bother. It's physically impossible to do with how many games are being played and how many false reports there are. Riot would need to hire hundreds of thousands of people to just check reports all day and that would cost more than enough to bankrupt Riot within a year. And don't expect players to do it either, at most you might get a couple of thousand people who check it a couple of times a week. It would take months before any punishment is dealt out in that way.
rujitra (NA)
: I can see how the word "pirating" leads to the assumption theft is involved, hence why I tried to make the distinction. Riot is losing profits because of custom skins, even if those profits or skins aren't being stolen by anyone in particular. Something is telling me there is a better word yet for this, but for the life of me I can't remember it.
The problem with piracy is that you can't really prove that it's lost profits or not. Not sure how to phrase it in English, but it has to do with opportunity. Most crimes are crimes of opportunity, they never would've happened if the opportunity didn't arise. Like, say you saw Game X on steam and thought "hmm that's mildly interesting, but it costs 60 bucks so I'll pass". Then you found a torrent of that game and decide to pirate it to try it out since it was mildly interesting. You only downloaded and played the game because you were given the opportunity to do so for free. You were never going to buy that game, so in this case no profits were lost since there were no profits to be made in the first place. In another case you find Game Y on steam and think "man I really want that game, but maybe I can find a torrent so I don't have to pay for it". You happen to find a torrent and decide to go with that instead of buying it. In this case it would be a profit loss since you were intending on buying the product, but you found a free torrent instead. If you wouldn't have found a torrent you would've bought it. Basically, it's not right to blanket it by saying "all piracy is a loss of profit" or the opposite. Some of it is lost profit, but not all. Sometimes it's even a gain of profit. To use a personal example, I had exactly 0 intentions of buying Skyrim since I had never heard of The Elder Scrolls before. I found a pirated copy since I heard good things about it and played for a couple of hours. I loved it so much I decided to buy it so I could get updates and use mods properly. Here piracy made me buy the game because it allowed me to try it out for free.
: > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=H7JJbAJB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T16:59:59.674+0000) > > I mean... it does. > > Using any **unauthorized** third party programs, people never knew custom mods were unauthorized since they were able to use them years ago without any Rioters batting an eye. Now Rioters care out of nowhere
It's illegal to drive over the speed limit, but do you think it's suddenly legal to do so just because you weren't ticketed every time you did it? No of course not, it's still illegal even if you've done it several times without being punished.
: You dont really beat someone who has a tier 2 lucian + garen + vayne with a pocket fiora level 4.
Maybe not early on, but you can definitely win later. I've had several games where I've been in last place the entire game because I got all of 1 item in total for the first 5 PvE rounds and I still ended top 3 because I could assemble a good enough team through smart decisions. I can't even count how many players I've seen get a 3-star Vayne at like round 2-4 and they still end up losing first cause they used all their gas in the first couple of rounds. This mode isn't a sprint, it's an endurance run. I feel like a lot of people forget that.
KazKaz (OCE)
: {{champion:82}} ? You're essentially saying that in order to balance League there should always be a single pick or multiple picks that are so prevalent you NEED to pick around them no matter what to win; assuming you don't just ban them away just so the game actually feels healthy, fun, interactive and dynamic? Sorry, I'm not buying it. If this is your argument then honestly they should just revert Ryze back to his URF mode rework and bring back Abyssal Scepter, because even if they did that there would still be more diversity than when Mordekaiser is left unbanned. Oh, and let's also bring back Akali's "Obscure" mechanic, un-nerf Irelia and un-nerf Poppy, because hey why not, you think oppressive picks are fun for the whole family! You want my two cents on how to balance the game? Stop releasing new champions that introduce new and broken mechanics/features to the game, stop making drastic changes to items and fix the champs who are already in the game. How do you do that last part? By reverting Runes Reforged and removing aspects of specific champion's kits which are inherently unhealthy and unfun to face, such as Vayne's new 50% CDR reduction on Tumble during ult. Honestly, it's not that difficult, Riot just has to not let the small children inside of them overpower them and bring about the next "League of Black Cleavers".
No, that's not at all what they're saying. What they're saying is that you shouldn't be able to pick X champion every single game and expect to do just as well no matter what. If they have a bunch of tanks you shouldn't be able to just pick LeBlanc and do just as well as if you were against a team full of squishies. You complain about the same champions being picked all the time. You know why that happens? Because they're good all the time no matter what. Not necessarily strong, but at least decent. Against a tank? Pick X. Against an assassin? Pick X. Against a mage? Pick X. They're full AD? Pick X. They're full AP? Pick X. By making champions more niche and having things they're good at (such as busting shields) and things they're bad at it forces people to pick different things if they wanna have a larger chance to win. You don't need hard counters where you auto-win/lose, but at least soft counters so you have to vary your picks up depending on the teams.
brixtil (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DaenrysTargaryen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jqZcRpHB,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2019-07-06T06:04:41.215+0000) > > Voting has been disabled due to vote manipulation. Vote manipulation ?? when people just agreed with his opinion, wtf
> [{quoted}](name=brixtil,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jqZcRpHB,comment-id=001c0007,timestamp=2019-07-06T13:27:35.413+0000) > > Vote manipulation ?? when people just agreed with his opinion, wtf He gained over 100 upvotes in an hour. That never, ever happens on the boards unless it's manipulated through bots or alt accounts. Regular highly upvoted threads get around 100 upvotes in an entire day.
Cibreca (NA)
: I think you're misunderstanding the tier system. Not all the champs are the same tier--so higher tier means they are rarer, later in the game and should be stronger. Balancing tier 1s with tier 4s is counter-intuitive with the genre. Fiora is supposed to be weaker than Draven; otherwise you'll have the strongest team comps within the first few rolls.
Fiora is weak compared to the same tier units tho. I've had a 2-star Fiora lose out to 1-star units because she doesn't really do anything other than provide +1 for the Noble buff.
: RNGesus is not my Religion
Good thing Riot already announced some changes like 4 days ago. It's planned for next patch.
minorjack (EUW)
: 50% winrate across the board? really?
How many games have you played though? You probably have to play a good 20+ games and lose the majority before you start dropping. You get a pretty big safety net honestly. I don't play ranked myself, but from what I've been told by the boards your MMR basically has to be an entire tier lower than your current one to demote. So if you're Bronze 4 right now you have to sink all the way down to Iron 4 MMR before you demote. That might just be bullshit though, as I said I don't really care for ranked.
: but that would be the smart thing to do! its a big brain idea to buff an already good pick in all elos and an occasionally pro pick. he rly needed it
It would be a stupid thing to do, actually. If it was an item it either have to give you like negative stats so only supports will buy it or RIot has to massively buff every shield in the game because you're expected to buy that item every single game there's someone with a shield. It's the same shit as when pink wards revealed stealth. Champions with stealth had to be balanced around not having their stealth, so when a team didn't buy the obligatory pink wards they were oppressive.
Thilmer (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=VBk5ZJEk,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-04T13:00:43.752+0000) > > I guess poker isn't competitive then since card draws are RNG... Card draws in poker are absolutely no RNG. Anybody with a high understanding of maths in general and statistic in particular is good at poker, because that game is not RNG at all. Calculating probablities and acting acordingly will beat pure luck every single time.
Just being able to calculate probabilities doesn't mean it's not random to some extent. The probability of me getting Heads on a single coin flip is 50%, but it'll still be a random result. If Riot said that there are X number of each champion in the pool at the start, does the champion rolls suddenly stop being random because now you can calculate the probability of getting each one?
Teh Song (NA)
: Honestly, as long as their is ANY pure rng anywhere in it it is unfit for being a ranked mode. Psuedo rng of some given form can be fine, but pure rng invalidates any competitive aspect. Store uses pure rng? Game can't be ranked. Minions/monsters use pure rng to determine if they drop an item? Game can't be ranked. Glacial has a pure rng % chance to proc? Game can't be ranked. Gunslingers have a pure rng % chance to do their thing? Game can't be ranked. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. Of course, this also means that regular LoL is unfit to be a ranked game because of crit chance, but I can forgive that due to the option to not build it at all or build it to 100%. Regardless of my forgiveness it does need to be reworked to not use pure rng. At any rate back to TFT there is just way too much pure rng all over it to even think about forgiving any of it, so Riot should not even consider ranking it in any way.
I guess poker isn't competitive then since card draws are RNG...
Teh Song (NA)
: Frankly I'd say they need to stop making new champions and devote all their people to changing old ones till all it most of them are balanced.
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gqioEAst,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-04T11:33:47.173+0000) > > Frankly I'd say they need to stop making new champions and devote all their people to changing old ones till all it most of them are balanced. I doubt you want artists and sound designers to balance the game.
Show more

Leetri

Level 49 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion