: New Collection Screen is a massive downgrade
So true! I honestly wonder how it's possible that whoever designed it didn't realize that it was a straight up worse version than the previous one..
: The problem became when u get the lower your helo are. For instance if u picked up mid and another player on the same team picked up mid but got autofill then the player has to play their off role or they get (or at least should) punished unless the other player agree to allow him to swap (for this reason you can't reward autofill with more lp) In my opinion order pick punished good player because if they type mid, you had to fight against your team and especially against PREMADE on your team (let's be honest i saw a lot first pick had to dodje because another player that que up with 2 friend say that his friend was first even tho the first pick was right and guess who got punished? Also installokker where pretty common and support was a real mess to play. U can have the same experience nowadays playing blind pick when a new champ is out and you wanted to try that new champ because this is what it was on the past before autofill and i'm glad we got this. Pick order is valuable only on higher level of play because people want winning more rather than having fun so u didn't expected that much a duo mid or a duo top.
Honestly I never had that much trouble in my lobbies.. I like to think it's because I am honestly and always polite but it probably has to do with the fact my secondary role is support :p In what I propose though you would still get a role, but the priority for your 3rd role wouldn't be the same as your 5th. Basically whatever algorithm is used to assign your primary and secondary roles should be used for all 5, with no protected games outside of promos. (reasoning: To keep you practicing). This way you would get autofilled more but in better roles, and you would end up way more rarely in your worst role. If you couple this with "same autofill value in enemy team" the match is virtually the most balanced it can be . Swapping wouldn't be any different than now (of course the mechanic should in the first place work.. Many times I have been assigned mid and having autofill support that would have liked mid while I was queuing mid/supp.. That's a problem to solve anyway!)
: why cant people seem to get this through their head? auto fill isnt new. it was just forced fill in champ select. back before role selection was a thing. people got roles based on pick order. and the last pick/last two picks on other side were forced to fill whatever roles werent selected. and it was common for those roles to be support and jungle majority of the time. people need to learn to adapt and play more then 1 role/champ and if you are in a situation where you get filled into a role you dont play. say something in champ select , chances are someone will swap. if not. dodge. its 3lp in rank and dont effect your mmr.
As someone who played back then, ending up off-role wasn't so bad for 2 reasons: 1- the probability of everyone getting their main role was lower. This means that you were more likely to face an off-role when in your off position. The times you had to face a main were offset by the times you were facing offs when in your main. (if for example finding an off role mid certainly wasn't common it wasn't IMPOSSIBLE, while finding an autofilled mid these days is straight up impossible due to how the system works) 2- off role wasn't so bad because you had occasion to practice it in ranked often, maintaining at least one /2 champions in every role wasn't so bad. Now you would need to actively queue in ranked with your worst roles to keep practicing them, with an high chance to face mains, which would hurt your winrate. Bonus: People were more flexible for these reasons.. Now people tend to stick to that one role and swaps are harder to orchestrate for that reason. That said I wish people would stop to ask for an opt out option without realizing that would effect EVERYONE and not only them, cause their missing slot WILL make queue times go up for everyone. Does anyone remember season 6? I'd rather have a system that makes autofills being equal in both teams to erase the one sided advantage (even then it wouldn't be 100% accurate cause having autofill jungler is not the same thing as having autofill top for example but better than nothing), or a system that lets you rate roles, automating the process that used to happen in old lobbies where people would type roles in order to let you know where they would be better fills (I used to copy paste mid>support >adc>jungle >top in every lobby and I saw many people doing the same . The most common order would be mid>adc>top>jungle >support of course but this way you're more likely to end up not in your worst role and when you do chances are the opponent is too)
Anu3isII (EUNE)
: If you look at the change overall, they want to have her Ult cooldown relatively the same/higher. They specifically target Lux Support, which will always be behind in levels and AP, while trying to keep Lux Mid at the same amount of power. Removing the execute will affect mostly Support Lux, who almost never has to waveclear and generally uses her Ultimate for execute, while AP Lux will manage without it. After all, if they feel it is too weak, they will buff its AP Ratio higher. The CD would already be significantly lower later into the game (40 from 60 sec), so they already covered the CD.
Lux support uses the ult for vision just like mid lux uses it to waveclear
: Those Ult reset buffs were kinda just thrown in there randomly when she was perfectly balanced for no reason at all I'm kinda glad they're removing it so they can give her changes when she needs it, rather than making her strong in one aspect and then being forced to nerf everything else
She was sporting a 45% winrate before this buff, and it's not at all what made her strong lol everyone acts like she was buffed recently when last buff she got was more than a year ago and she's been 51% winrate mid and 49% in support ever since. Then aftershock happens and suddenly she's getting winrates between 54 and 57 with pickrate nearing 30%. I guess where the problem came from, who knows!! Just like lissandra: Loose some solo damage and mana sustain and gain a snowballing fight passive and oh look you're op! Tankiness? Nah must totally be cause the lowest damage mage in the game can kite a fight.
: Does anybody know any really good long lasting single player games?
Rpgs! - mass effect trilogy. + Andromeda. - dragon age saga Those are masterpieces with awesome story and incredible characters that everyone should play at least once -skyrim Open world and you can do everything you want to. Also wonderful modding community behind it
: I ran away from my home
As a "quite older" (28 yrs old granny.. Ykes) I feel like advising you a thing: Try to look at yourself from the outside. Are you 100% sure their complaints about your behavior are not at all valid? Sometimes we do shitty things without even realizing we are doing them! If you are answer is still "no, I'm doing fine" chances are they are using you as a scapegoat for their stress,derived from their own couple problems. Which is a super shitty thing to do, especially from your mum who's supposed to protect you! Forget the bitch exists and talk with your mother alone, ask her what she is thinking to do with her marriage and tell her you are having a bad time in your own home due to their costant arguments and displays. She used your sisters to "blackmail" you, doesn't she realize that her own behavior is a horrible one for a young child?? If things don't get better, or she treats you with angst or like a child in your cinversation you could go to stay with your dad, even if for a little bit. Mind me, this option shouldn't be some sort of blackmail towards your mum "treat me well or go to daaaddy!" , tell her in the most calm way possible for you. You are in an age that requires the most stable environment possible around you. You need to get used to the fact you're growing, school starts to be more challenging, you need to figure out your imminent future to form your person. If she's not capable to provide that safe parental environment anymore there's nothing wrong with letting your father provide it instead. And don't worry about your sisters: Can't you go see them when you wish to if you would live near anyway?? I left dad's home 8 years ago and my brother is still the person I care the most in the world. You just don't break that bond, it's impossible! I hope things will figure themselves out for you, good luck and feel free to keep us posted! -friendly huggy-
: > [{quoted}](name=LightIsMyPath,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YMKcQcpA,comment-id=0002000000010001,timestamp=2019-05-16T17:42:58.272+0000) > > "waste it on a zed" lol dude when a 6/0 zed is arriving on your ass you will wish you gave me the zed ban I begged for . I hope dying in 1 second hit by all targeted spells and autos is making you a better player :) .... so... you don't know how to deal with zed
: > [{quoted}](name=Hot LeBlanc Yuri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YMKcQcpA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-16T13:57:10.971+0000) > > Explain why please, I honestly dont get this. For me it looks like you just want to be very special. because A.) It's my ban not my team's ban, just as it's my pick and not my team's pick. same reason I can go zed support, it's my fucking pick. requiring me to leash my ban to someone who's just going to waste it on a yasuo or zed or something that's easy to deal with because they suck at the game isn't in my interest. and facing the widest variety and strongest of enemies IS in my interest, it makes me a better player to experience, play against, and overcome these enemies.
"waste it on a zed" lol dude when a 6/0 zed is arriving on your ass you will wish you gave me the zed ban I begged for . I hope dying in 1 second hit by all targeted spells and autos is making you a better player :)
: What's with people that always want to have all bans used??? I always ban malzahar on mid or renekton/trynda on top, not something that is insanely broken on either lane. So what would ANY of my teammates benefit from that Malzahar ban? It wouldn't change shit in terms of winrate.
If i play ADC and you ban malz, thank you. You just spared me a super early qss. If I am mid and you ban tryndamere, thank you. You just spared a super pressures side lane that keeps us fromsieging. Every ban has something positive, as long as you use it
: > [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MQdWw8rE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-13T16:41:16.662+0000) > > The boards have always been like this. this ain't just about the boards tbh. it's just, these are the league boards so i'm trying to stick to that. I know someone in who's presence i dread to bring up any game related to bethesda.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MQdWw8rE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-13T17:10:39.730+0000) > > this ain't just about the boards tbh. it's just, these are the league boards so i'm trying to stick to that. > I know someone in who's presence i dread to bring up any game related to bethesda. "skyrim is not a real rpg" kind? XD
: I play Smite sometimes.
Agreed, smite has some really good mechanics. I main mages in both and even the AP itemization is really good and could be taken as an inspiration (of course some builds are stronger than others depending on balance but the concept is good). You can itemize "late game stacks", "full cdr", "full magic pen", "sustain build" (smite has spellvamp q_q ) and even "AP autoattacker". There are enough items for a full build of every one of this kind , so obviously there's some really solid option to consider when doing a not-focused build
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hot LeBlanc Yuri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Thcp9A4i,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-11T10:30:20.212+0000) > > Zyra is a mid laner forced into support, but after the nerfs shes still a **midlaners that pretends to be a support** {{champion:63}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:101}}: Forgot about us?
But Lux xerath and vel are better mid than support.. Poor Zyra isn't viable mid
Bultz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hot LeBlanc Yuri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WuTqtLI6,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-06T14:18:55.546+0000) > > Its the most unfair, rng, infuriating aspect of the game. I have never seen a creep block that didnt look like complete bullshit, 99% of the time the minions just agro in a random order and from a fucking unbreakable testudo formation disallowing me to do anything other than wiggle back and forward while my character tries to get over the pathing error my biggest issue is that it doesn't affect all champions, mostly melee champions because ranged aren't ever affected or agroed.
Yeee.. No. My own minions fuck me up everytime I try to position myself around them to lasthit something and whatnot. Special mention to the occasional minions sticking itself into your turret as you are coming back to a pushed wave, screwing you up
AIQ (NA)
: This was once implemented? I've never heard of it. When? Regardless Draft and ranked are already toxic. Moving those toxic players out of Ranked will only make the integrity of Ranked better, yes it's unfortunate more casual players have to deal with more trolls, but they have less on the line than a Ranked player. I personally think the trade is worth it.
I don't remember when they implemented it but it surely was there in season 5. Wasn't really working though (people would just go flame in normal or jump on a Smurf. .) so they removed it
AIQ (NA)
: Ranked Bans
So, the old punishments? While it looks good for ranked it turned draft into a toxic shitfest
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hBY7m7zu,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2019-04-11T04:46:42.467+0000) > > I disagree. I want to play the game competitively. I have no problem playing support once in a while to guarantee getting my main role most of the time. I understand that autofill is far better than the alternative, which is pick order. > > Getting rid of autofill but keeping positional match making is a disaster of an idea. Think about what happens in this scenario. Mid laners will have ever increasing queues because there just aren't enough support players. > > Autofill is staying, because the alternatives are worse. Maybe you don't mind autofill, but a lot of people do. I surely don't mind it in normals but I don't want it in ranked because again, I don't want to play something other than the roles I explicitly set out to play and have practiced. And no, pick order is not the only alternative. That's a stupid logical fallacy, you're trying to force a false dichotomy. Allow people to queue for different positions without autofill being in the game at all and WOW LOOK AT THAT, we're not back to pick order determining roles. Yeah, allow mid lane to have a longer queue time. I like playing mid in ranked, I don't give a darn if my queue time goes up by a straight six minutes every time I queue if it means I won't be autofilled, and none of my teammates will be autofilled and play worse for it. The alternatives aren't worse, they're just worse to you. You don't speak for the entire community, thanks.
We had this very situation in season 6 and it was horrible. Playing role/support was giving you around 90% of the games as support (I , with mid/support, reached 96% of support games and 4% mid. It was ridiculous). After the first month or so all the "secondary support main" had disappeared, to be able to play their first role (I myself had switched to mid/jungle) . Queue times were crazy: 15 minutes queue to get into a low silver game (were like 70% of the population was). After all the wait you would enter lobby and find out you were going to have a zed support that game, because he couldn't be bothered to go through the long queue, so he had queued support for the 0,01 seconds queue but he still wanted to play zed. Either give him midlane (so I waited 15 minutes to play yet another support game) or have zed support. Enjoy!
: Nerf Lux PLEASE!!!
Low quality bait
: > [{quoted}](name=LightIsMyPath,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7x9YAlzi,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-08T13:34:56.684+0000) > >Lost is lost and you are wasting your time. Go where you can crush opponents, bring the lane down, convince your fed teammate to gang bang the fed enemy in 3/4 people and take that lane too. And always keep matchups in mind when you decide what to do And then act surprised when the top laner you didn't gank for all game feeds {{champion:75}} for half an hour straight, who later proceeds to one-shot people with his Q.
" Always keep matchups in mind". Btw if your toplaner feeds nasus in EARLY GAME you 'd better never show up top cause he'll likely let you die. How can you feed a nasus early? Better chance running bot and coming top again 3 vs 1 than 1,5 vs 1
: The Tilt is Real
Stop tabbing and looking at your teammates scores. I mean it, stop. It's tilting and does nothing to help you win. Focus on your lane, win it, rotate to help your allies. If you are stomping botlane why are you allowing your mid to feed 6 kills? Take that tower and run mid to help him! Or go top and send your toplaner in bot while you win your lane for him. Last but not last, mental factor is huge. Typing "hug tower and hold on! Help on the way" has a really different effect than "stop feeding noob" , despite them meaning the same exact thing. If you are jungle, help the winning lane. Lost is lost and you are wasting your time. Go where you can crush opponents, bring the lane down, convince your fed teammate to gang bang the fed enemy in 3/4 people and take that lane too. And always keep matchups in mind when you decide what to do
Trem (EUW)
: Make Autofill an Option
The thing is if they do that the queue isn't longer only for those who opt autofill out.. It's long for everyone! And who opts autofill in would be autofilled nearly 100% of the time, leading to them opting it out.. Just like it was in season 6 for support /fill secondary players. I would personally opt in: I queue mid /support and i have 80% of my games in mid, 13% in support, 3% ADC and 3% top (autofilled games). In season 6 (and it would happen now too with your suggestion) I had 96% of my games as support, 4% mid for the first month. Now, I don't mind playing support now and then as I enjoy the role and not only I can still play my main as support but some of my other favorite champions are supports... But I am a midlaner. I don't want to play 96 support games to play 4 games of my main role! After the first month I started queueing mid/random non support role just to be able to play mid (as I would end up opting autofill out)
: > [{quoted}](name=Red Mage FTS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G0EnasJ2,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T19:33:58.396+0000) > > I have two accounts, one I dodge in and one I do not. I wont say the ranks of them as I am nothing special, BUT there is a notable difference in both ELO and quality of people I play with between the accounts. > > > The general rule of thumb is, if they are assess, I dodge. If they are troll pick banning, I dodge. I am a support player so when I check op.gg if the ADC ***AND*** jungler have below 50%, I dodge. If ANYONE BUT ME has a below 22%, I dodge. If top or mid have below 30%, I dodge. > > There are some youtube vidoes out there with more metrics and mechanics if you want details, and it may be an anomoly of myself that there is a notable difference, but I would advise trying it Checking win rates on op.gg is actually a really good idea, I’ve never considered that. Making sure I’m not in a position where I have to play with players I know to be bad is probably a good first step.
Seconded. And no shame on my ranks: This is my main, and here I dodge. Plat 4. My Smurf couldn't even reach gold (to be fair I play less on it and I practice champions there so it's expected to be lower, but the quality of matchmaking is REALLY different)
: Morgana's auto attack animation needs recognition!!
Yes it's awesome! Someday I'll go ADC morg in normal just to look at the animations xD
Seeko94 (EUNE)
: its sad like kayle become a champ untill level 16 and morgana not . Since they counter each others i would love to see the same close gameplay for both . Like why we don't have a late game support to level 16 ??? Riot should consider that !
> [{quoted}](name=SaKRaaN,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9TFgXEpZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-24T16:28:32.054+0000) > > its sad like kayle become a champ untill level 16 and morgana not . Since they counter each others i would love to see the same close gameplay for both . Like why we don't have a late game support to level 16 ??? > Riot should consider that ! Sona?
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4tko4ioO,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-20T18:22:38.167+0000) > > And in the entire time you spend trying to argue my post you could have very well done so yourself. But you assume yourself so godly right that the only ones who are required to make an effort are your oppositions, in this case me, because you feel so right about your claim that you will only then step down the high horse if I made the effort. Again, who are you that you are entitled to my free time and effort? You could have VERY well done everything you demanded me to do yourself, which proves that youre here only to hate because you have given zero indications on being interested on any materials that either prove or disprove your words. > > So, you want evidence? Take your own advice and go look for it. I am going to be absent for a few hours now and obviously won't be delaying my life to appease you. Why on earth would i look for evidence to support a theory that I am trying to disprove? Think logically for a bit. I am not the one who has to gather evidence to support **YOUR** claims. You are. And untill you do I am calling BS on it.
> [{quoted}](name=ZaFishbone,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4tko4ioO,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-20T22:55:50.182+0000) > > Why on earth would i look for evidence to support a theory that I am trying to disprove? Think logically for a bit. I am not the one who has to gather evidence to support **YOUR** claims. You are. And untill you do I am calling BS on it. Jesus Christ this was supposed to be a casual post wasn't it? Btw it's never the defense that has to provide proofs, you attack op saying he is spreading bullshit, prove it's bullshit! Now I'm curious about honk kong laws.. (no Giulia, go to sleep.. Resist the urge to surf around useless things.. )
: What role do you main, and why? (Poll)
Mid cause I love mages and I want to be able to move and help all of my allies
ToadHex (EUW)
: It could resolve a lot if there would be a menu that reflected the roles primarily played and roles that require more players, people could select those rolls and it would make queues faster.{{summoner:6}} {{summoner:6}} {{summoner:6}} {{summoner:6}} {{summoner:6}} {{summoner:6}} {{champion:15}}
Leroy39 (NA)
: Stop autofilling roles which are never played
I queue mid/support. When I am autofilled ADC or top I'm there scratching my head. The least played role is support, usually jungle comes second. I literally have support in my roles and I have 2 champions I can jungle more or less comfortably with. Why am I getting autofilled into more popular roles? Once I got filled ADC and my support was autofilled too (?? Put me in support and autofill him ADC..at least one of us has one of his roles..)
Jamaree (NA)
: For all the people saying damage is too high, are you willing to let your main/role take a nerf?
The champion: Hecks no, she had to be buffed cause she was weak. The items:sure. I think ludens is strong and true damage with boots and a component is still too strong. Just give me a waveclear tool and Nerf those... But only if AD items get a Nerf as well . Oor just Nerf damage runes across the board
Grokmir (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mfOuHvUr,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-10T23:51:13.446+0000) > > Was Autofill added for role-based ranks? > > No, it wasn't. > > So it's not going anywhere. > > If you want autofill gone, then you lose position selection. Which means we go back to pick order...aka everyone is autofilled Another option would be to expand position selection. Let players choose 2-5 roles that they want/don't mind playing. That way people can choose to kinda half-fill if they want. I know plenty of people that literally just don't want to play a single role (usually jungle) but are perfectly fine with any other role.
> [{quoted}](name=Grokmir the bold,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mfOuHvUr,comment-id=00020005,timestamp=2019-03-11T15:13:39.380+0000) > > Another option would be to expand position selection. > > Let players choose 2-5 roles that they want/don't mind playing. > > That way people can choose to kinda half-fill if they want. I know plenty of people that literally just don't want to play a single role (usually jungle) but are perfectly fine with any other role. So much this. I would play fill if I could opt out toplane..
: It's time to remove Auto-Fill for ranked
Do you remember season 6? The season position pick was introduced, with autofill not being a thing. As a mid/support main I remember it far too well.. After the first few weeks it became really clear I would have never been able to play mid with these combination of roles, as I was getting mid 1 game out of 30 on average (the highest support games I had to play was 90.. I repeat, I had to play 90 games without being able to play my first role). Everyone who had support as their secondary role came quickly at the same conclusion, leading to an even worse situation cause now they would all start to look for a new secondary role (me included). So now we would sit 10/15 minutes in queue, in silver elo, to get half of the times a role we were not comfortable with (not as bad as now since we came from a season that required us to play at an acceptable level all 5 roles but after not having touched 3 of them for 1 or 2 months the general level of off-roles had tanked.. Not to mention that we were now facing mains at least 50% of the times in our off roles). I clearly remember a lobby were chatting with the team it came to light we were 4 "secondary support main" in the same lobby, which was hilarious..
Ulanopo (NA)
: Personal Thoughts on RiotAugust
That was surely a fucked up declaration , but honestly what can we expect when we have discussed topics on the tones of "balance team sucks and should be fired". We are upset that rioters discard the boards but many users make this place unwelcoming to them, and little is done to control this. Since the argument comes out I have to ask: Why aren't you mods more selective about stuff posted here? If there are 2 good posts and 8 rants those 8 rants should be removed.. After the first 1/2 waves of removing a lot of stuff hopefully the quality of the posts would go up (you aren't going to post something that you know it's going to be removed). Of all the rioters August has been one of the ones that tend to be more active, he expressed his feelings in an unrespectful way but maybe if even he consider us useless we should stop and ask ourselves why..
: > [{quoted}](name=LightIsMyPath,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gx4RFN1y,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-02-23T12:01:38.369+0000) > Rox got a warning because they bmed them with a meme rooted in gender discrimination. Except they didn't even do that. They banned 3 of their mains and two meta supports. Even if they did meme, a good team would have won based on the fact that they practically wasted three bans, but they aren't a good team. They shouldn't even be a team.
> [{quoted}](name=SpaghettiVase,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gx4RFN1y,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:18:41.838+0000) > > Rox got a warning because they bmed them with a meme rooted in gender discrimination. > > Except they didn't even do that. They banned 3 of their mains and two meta supports. Even if they did meme, a good team would have won based on the fact that they practically wasted three bans, but they aren't a good team. They shouldn't even be a team. Indeed they shouldn't. As I said I think we all agree the match shouldn't even have happened in the first place
Infernape (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=LightIsMyPath,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=00040004000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-23T13:02:08.888+0000) > > So for you they felt the impelling need to target ban a diamond 3 support main like she was the faker of supports, but banning a champion she doesn't use and being nice enough to leave her best pick open. . All in a meta were support isn't even a particularly strong role Then again, why would they ban the meta picks when the entire team bar one person is playing in an off role and are not even on the same level as the rest of the LCL? It's not like they can play champs that are commonly contested in pro play on a challenger level. All in all, they should've never been allowed to compete on that stage.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=000400040000000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-23T13:04:51.862+0000) > > Then again, why would they ban the meta picks when the entire team bar one person is playing in an off role and are not even on the same level as the rest of the LCL? It's not like they can play champs that are commonly contested in pro play on a challenger level. > > All in all, they should've never been allowed to compete on that stage. On this last part we agree 100%. But even so, banning like they would with every other team would have been a sign of respect, while they used the chance to mock (and even if they deserve to be mocked riot never had a policy that tolerate disrespect towards other players)
: Whiteknighting??? WHITEknighting???? You fucking racist !!!!!!!!! Why can't black, yellow, brown and other human races be knights?? Bigot ! /s
> [{quoted}](name=The Spicy Crit,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-02-23T12:30:37.872+0000) > > Whiteknighting??? WHITEknighting???? You fucking racist !!!!!!!!! Why can't black, yellow, brown and other human races be knights?? Bigot ! > > /s Ahahahah priceless
: > [{quoted}](name=LightIsMyPath,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=000400040000,timestamp=2019-02-23T08:56:23.383+0000) > > I wouldn't ban a support for a toplaner, midlaner, ADC and jungler no.. It must be fun though knowing too well what happened and playing to advocate them It isn't solo queue, they aren't sitting there thinking "gee I'm top lane I guess I have to ban a top laner".
> [{quoted}](name=Trollmanship,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=0004000400000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T12:14:22.753+0000) > > It isn't solo queue, they aren't sitting there thinking "gee I'm top lane I guess I have to ban a top laner". So for you they felt the impelling need to target ban a diamond 3 support main like she was the faker of supports, but banning a champion she doesn't use and being nice enough to leave her best pick open. . All in a meta were support isn't even a particularly strong role
: > [{quoted}](name=LightIsMyPath,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=000400040000,timestamp=2019-02-23T08:56:23.383+0000) > > I wouldn't ban a support for a toplaner, midlaner, ADC and jungler no.. It must be fun though knowing too well what happened and playing to advocate them It isn't solo queue, they aren't sitting there thinking "gee I'm top lane I guess I have to ban a top laner".
> [{quoted}](name=Trollmanship,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=0004000400000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T12:14:22.753+0000) > > It isn't solo queue, they aren't sitting there thinking "gee I'm top lane I guess I have to ban a top laner". So for you they felt the impelling need to target ban a diamond 3 support main like she was the faker of supports, but banning a champion she doesn't use and being nice enough to leave her best pick open. . All in a meta were support isn't even a particularly strong role
: Five Diamond 4 support mains are placed in a professional match
But no one is saying they are loosing for gender discrimination.. Rox got a warning because they bmed them with a meme rooted in gender discrimination. I still have to see someone that is defending vv for being there, I think we all agree that they are a meme team and that they should have never played in the league. Their presence is an insult to the whole league and to the player that could have occupied that slot..
: > [{quoted}](name=LightIsMyPath,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-23T00:55:52.860+0000) > > I disagree. It's really obvious they banned 5 supports to meme the girls. Mocking opponents is not allowed so they got a warning. Unless you want to advocate rox were scared of a diamond 3 (on a bad server) player so much that they felt the need to target ban her.. Or that rox really expected a support to be picked in all 5 roles. > The team is a living meme, and they memed them with the "full girl support -5 support bans. Girls only play support anyway". > > On another side i wholeheartedly agree on your opinion about the organization behind the team.. Really embarrassing and it promotes the stereotype many of us hate so much. This should have never happened on the first place, why are they playing in a league against challengers? No, they were not memeing the other team, these were champions that vaevictus played heavily in solo queue and tend to have the most wins on. Went wouldn't you ban the champions that you know the enemy team is most comfortable on?
> [{quoted}](name=Magical Mobus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=00040004,timestamp=2019-02-23T06:41:17.903+0000) > > No, they were not memeing the other team, these were champions that vaevictus played heavily in solo queue and tend to have the most wins on. Went wouldn't you ban the champions that you know the enemy team is most comfortable on? I wouldn't ban a support for a toplaner, midlaner, ADC and jungler no.. It must be fun though knowing too well what happened and playing to advocate them
: > [{quoted}](name=LightIsMyPath,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-23T00:55:52.860+0000) > > I disagree. It's really obvious they banned 5 supports to meme the girls. Mocking opponents is not allowed so they got a warning. Unless you want to advocate rox were scared of a diamond 3 (on a bad server) player so much that they felt the need to target ban her.. Or that rox really expected a support to be picked in all 5 roles. > The team is a living meme, and they memed them with the "full girl support -5 support bans. Girls only play support anyway". > > On another side i wholeheartedly agree on your opinion about the organization behind the team.. Really embarrassing and it promotes the stereotype many of us hate so much. This should have never happened on the first place, why are they playing in a league against challengers? would you pick no ban or a random ban instead? the team had no professional experience, no team gameplay synergy (all 5 play supports exclusively...) and to top it off, their position in the LCS was BOUGHT ...what does that say to their opposing teams?
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWagf6e3,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2019-02-23T04:03:31.980+0000) > > would you pick no ban or a random ban instead? the team had no professional experience, no team gameplay synergy (all 5 play supports exclusively...) and to top it off, their position in the LCS was BOUGHT ...what does that say to their opposing teams? They could ban whatever and destroy them anyway. They could ban off-role comfort picks, write something with the bans, ban alphabetically... Of all their possibilities they chose the mockery (female +support). In this last days an anti-women wave of memes and bad taste jokes exploded, right after they did it. People KNOW it was to mock, they know it and they like it. The fact that vv is trolling the whole league doesn't give them the right to respond mocking the association between their role and their gender, an association most of us hate. Vv simply should have never been there, seems like the league needs harsher gates
: Pretty sure Riot's whiteknighting literally just made things worse for female gamers
I disagree. It's really obvious they banned 5 supports to meme the girls. Mocking opponents is not allowed so they got a warning. Unless you want to advocate rox were scared of a diamond 3 (on a bad server) player so much that they felt the need to target ban her.. Or that rox really expected a support to be picked in all 5 roles. The team is a living meme, and they memed them with the "full girl support -5 support bans. Girls only play support anyway". On another side i wholeheartedly agree on your opinion about the organization behind the team.. Really embarrassing and it promotes the stereotype many of us hate so much. This should have never happened on the first place, why are they playing in a league against challengers?
: Pretty sure the last group I played against that claimed they were e-girls were a bunch of 12 yr old boys.
Ahah exactly xD maybe fishing for some gifts xD
: sigh... almost the entire team was support mains, if you punish people for this you have to start punishing for other stuff like banning all male champions vs a male lcs team, banning all monster champions ect ect, it sets a dangerous precedent to enforce this punishment. If they had wanted to mock them its simple enough to do, just don't ban anything and you say you are unworthy to even counter ban, now that is mocking disrespect.
At least that would have been a disrespect directly towards that team and not towards a category of players.. I bet if the team was full black skin and the bans were karma ekko Lucian none none (did I miss someone?) no one would defend them. It's the same thing.. If the team was full short people and the bans only directed on yordles it would have been the same (unless all of the yordles were meta). There was 0 gameplay reason to ban 5 supports in a meta were support isn't a particularly strong role, so it's glaring the reason was another
: Uh...you realize people can be dicks to each other in online games? Even in professional play. There are all sorts of people who are dicks to each other in public sporting matches. Tennis, basketball, football. Insulting a girl for being a girl is no different than insulting a short guy for being short. You can pick on whatever aspect of their physical appearance or personality you want, everything is fair game. Also, you can mute people if you're getting flamed. Seriously, complaining about getting flamed is ridiculous, literally all of us get flamed in at least a quarter of our matches.
Riot's rules are pretty clear: Flame, mockery and disrespect are NOT allowed. If it's easier for us normal folks to be banned for flame than for trolling games (and we may discuss if this line of thinking is correct or not, but a bad rule doesn't justify ignoring it) I can't see why a pro team should get a softer treatment regarding their behavior towards other players. Also read again what I wrote: It's not the flame that bothered me, it was the KIND of flame. They didn't flame me for being a legit iron level ADC, they flamed me for having pink skin and pink in the name (??) cause. "boosted egrill". Some days ago I smashed a game as Lux and enemies were like"stop playing egrill champions boosted whore you would suck on a normal champion" (?? Sorry if I beat your 20k champ with my 996k main..lol). This didn't happen until this parody of a match some days ago, so even if probably involuntarily they lighted a "female is shit" spark. And anyway talking about mocking opponent for a physical characteristic, I wouldn't really call it fair game.. Soccer matches are being suspended when one player gets flamed for having black skin..
: I see it as nothing short of respect, skilled enough with those support champions to be worth the ban and that's what they did. A lion kills a rabbit with the same ferocity as it uses to kill a gazelle, to do otherwise is a disrespect to both the lion and the rabbits skill at escaping. Besides this same thing has happened to a male adc main yet no outcry then, where were you then? polishing your white armor perhaps?
To use your own example, it's like the lion hunted the gazelle normally, and then cut his teeth to hunt the rabbit for the lols, cause he can catch him anyway and kill with the mere pressure of his mouth, without needing the teeth. They did this, they were so far superior they discarded the ban instrument to disrespect the enemies. Unless you want to tell me, and tell yourself, that a team of challengers players were so scared of a diamond 3 player on a thrash server that they needed to ban her out. This has been done to Rekkles and Faker because they were considered the number 1 in their position, and their team played most of their games relying solely on these 2 player, thus the enemy tried demolishing the part that would have given them problems. Now, even assuming the vv support is the best of her team, she definitely isn't an element capable of posing a problem that needs to be strategized around.. Infact if they were really "strategizing" the most effective way of debilitating them would have been to ban out the off-role lanes cause they have fewer picks they can play. So, sorry but I'm pretty sure they were memeing, not doing a strategy. Also, the "girls should be in the kitchen" memes arised shortly in local lol communities after this has happened, they could at the very minimum state publicly this wasn't their intention (but they can't cause it clearly was.. Even if I want to believe they have nothing against girls in general but only against THESE girls in particular who shouldn't be there cause they are not at that level) I am not white knighting, I am fucking annoyed. The other day I had top who started calling ff15 after seeing my name, sg skin and heart shaped ward with "gg we have a girl".. 4 lobbies after "girl, bb" and a dodge.. Like wtf.. Of all the times I have been flamed for loosing lane in these last days (and i was playing on my learn ADC Smurf so it happened A LOT), most of the comments were about "boosted egrill should play Barbie not lol".. This has never happened to me in 4 years + I play despite me making really easy to assume my gender (yes, I have stereotypes tastes what can I say..), and many of my girl friends (at least the ones who show feminine things like pink/heart shaped skins, wards and icons or girly names) had episodes of the sort happening to them. :/
: That stuff is hilarious lmfao girls should get out of the typical “I can only play female support champs” cliche and perhaps expand their gameplay into other roles and champions? They are literally memeing themselves by playing female only champs. This stereotype is just like the 15 year old male edge lord Yasuo/Zed/Riven players, ur gonna get memed if u play cliche bs.
And they do? I have been in 3 full female teams and the only one maining support in every single one of them was our support (and our sub in one of them). My toplaners were a Cho Gath's main (I followed her anda jungler in 2 teams) and a Kled main. My junglers were both the members with the biggest champion pool but they both had a scary jarvan,kha zix and seju for one, Elise for the other (ok these are females but I wouldn't really classify them as "girly champions". Supports have been Nami main - Karma main- Nami main (but in the ardent meta they were strong af and lots of males were playing them too), ADCs Xayah main, MF main and the last played all of them minus kog ("too immobile") and Draven ("fucking useless teamfight", both her words). Now I am in a mixed team and I am the only girl, and all of us main female champions xD (irelia-sejuani-lux-kai'sa-Leona). So for meme standards my current team is more "girly" than the ones that were really composed by 5 girls.. It's just that a girl is usually not entering lobby screaming "HeLlo BoYz EgRiLl here" so you may play with and against lots of woman without ever knowing..
: Wait the team that banned 5 supports got a punishment???
I love the people saying it was "a tactical choice". You all know far too well this wasn't the case, for ROX didn't need tactics. They could have won banning pizza and playing with one hand. We all know it, they know it , and used the skill difference to send the message by memeing the girls. While the message IS FAIR (they are so bad we can do whatever we want to them---why are they here) it's not their right to openly disrespect their opponents (and the whole female gender playing lol btw.. Of all the memes they could have chosen in bans they chose the "women --support"). As a girl I am furious with that organization enforcing the meme creating a meme team. Still, everyone has to treat their opponents fairly, even if the opponents are really a joke
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LightIsMyPath,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qVcc6QpE,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-02-05T13:47:19.316+0000) > > Play a game in plat elo, have me autofilled ADC. Here's all your answers to "why we need different mmr for roles". I think that is actually a really good change, and I 'd like to see it coming to euw. Maybe I misunderstood the math but I fail to see how role-swap would give you a faster climb? Assuming you want to climb on your main role and queue on your duo role to get lower mmr, you have a prob won game but it will only give you like 3/4 LP on your main? It's gonna take an eternity to advance your main with that (nevermind the fact that after some time of doing it you will start to have harder games so you have only a chance of getting 3/4 LP and a chance to loose them. Maybe the system is not working as intended but if that's the case the problem is practical and the solution is "fix it so it works as intended"). > > To avoid the trolling they could create yet another rank: Global rank and that's the one that shows on your profile and decides which rewards you get, while the positional ranks just sit there to give you an idea of what mmr you are playing in with your different roles. Make the primary and secondary role affect the global rank more than the other 3 roles but at the same time make it impossible to ignore them (math needed, which I am not good at..). > Ideally, as a general idea, you should have a situation where you need several roles near your highest to allow yourself a thrash role, or all off roles around 1 tier lower than your main roles. Only bad thing about this I can see is having to obligatorily play 50 placements which seems a bummer.. Maybe reduce placements for off roles? You're completely ignoring the fact that **all of your roles start at your S8 ranking.** If you're a Diamond support main, but only a Silver jungle, you still begin your jungle MMR at Diamond level. You're not playing against skill-appropriate players, you're just sabotaging dozens, if not hundreds, of other Diamond and Platinum players' games until you fall out of their MMR. Gains for wins and losses don't consider the enemy team's MMR in respect to your MMR, or if it does, it's minimal. There are people who have been exploiting the system for 100+ wins and are still getting full LP gains.
I was ignoring it in fact. In that case the flaw in the system is really evident, just like the solution: You should get mmr reset for every role. This would solve even the role swapping because as I said before you would gain almost null LP playing in an Elo that lower on your main position. Honestly it seemed like a so obvious thing I just thought it was structured this way...
: Can we fucking revert positional queue before it spreads and ruins other regions?
Play a game in plat elo, have me autofilled ADC. Here's all your answers to "why we need different mmr for roles". I think that is actually a really good change, and I 'd like to see it coming to euw. Maybe I misunderstood the math but I fail to see how role-swap would give you a faster climb? Assuming you want to climb on your main role and queue on your duo role to get lower mmr, you have a prob won game but it will only give you like 3/4 LP on your main? It's gonna take an eternity to advance your main with that (nevermind the fact that after some time of doing it you will start to have harder games so you have only a chance of getting 3/4 LP and a chance to loose them. Maybe the system is not working as intended but if that's the case the problem is practical and the solution is "fix it so it works as intended"). To avoid the trolling they could create yet another rank: Global rank and that's the one that shows on your profile and decides which rewards you get, while the positional ranks just sit there to give you an idea of what mmr you are playing in with your different roles. Make the primary and secondary role affect the global rank more than the other 3 roles but at the same time make it impossible to ignore them (math needed, which I am not good at..). Ideally, as a general idea, you should have a situation where you need several roles near your highest to allow yourself a thrash role, or all off roles around 1 tier lower than your main roles. Only bad thing about this I can see is having to obligatorily play 50 placements which seems a bummer.. Maybe reduce placements for off roles?
: All these guides are made by people who haven't been in low elo in their life. They contain mountains of useless advice. The only good REAL guide is by Sir Action Slacks, but it's for Dota 2. (his guide is "My *actual* Guide for Escaping MMR Hell". League has nothing like that, I suppose maybe we could apply some of the principals of his guide, but League is so much different... All Escape ELo Hell guides for League are the same nonsense on repeat that have worked for nobody. (Just pick easy champions, be greedy, follow a bunch of basic things like pings and go for objectives that even iron4 does (they wouldn't know since they don't play in low elo...)
There's actually a really good channels with guides on gameplay aspects. I can't remember the name right now but I remember clearly I enjoyed a lot some of their videos.. I remember in particular a tf managing the wave vs a fizz, a ryze doing the same against a zed, a Syndra taking pressure through trades vs an Ahri that was pushing her, an Orianna loosing lane vs an Ahri because she gave up lane pressure without reason.. All commented, detailed and all showing what could have been done differently and to what result it would have lead doing so
Show more

LightIsMyPath

Level 237 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion