: I recently talked about them with their original designer, Wrekz, and he had some thoughts as to how to get them to a more enjoyable experience. On his list of suggestions, he suggested stuff like (straight from the proposal he sent me): * Generally making marks a bit easier to acquire, but a bit less powerful per mark. * Marks being able to spawn in either jungle, rather than only the opponents'. * Reducing mark warm-up time on enemy champions to try and get a cleaner balance between champion and jungle marks. * Removing W -> Q interaction and just having Q's cooldown reduced when it hits a champion or monster. * Increasing W radius to let Wolf feel more useful instead of it being primarily a mobility enabler. * Or some other effect to accomplish the same goal of making Wolf feel more useful. * Possibly just base 550 range instead of the increasing range with marks. * If the above are a too powerful, probably some base stat or damage nerfs here and there. I'm mostly open to stuff like this being tested, though there's a lot going on here, so it could take some time to validate. If we felt more confident there was a specific kind of work that would be exciting to Kindred players as well as a pretty clear path forward, that would increase the likelihood we would take on the work. We get a lot of requests to do these champ readjustments, so frequently it's a matter of when there's resources to do it more-so than a desire to test something out. I (and others on the design teams) do tend to love these types of explorations, however, so when we do have that clearer goal to go chase, it's usually possible to get someone on board with going for it.
Honestly, as a Kindred main, the problem with this... > Removing W -> Q interaction and just having Q's cooldown reduced when it hits a champion or monster. ...is that the cooldown reduction would be delayed until Lamb hits something. It takes away a massive portion of her mobility, especially when fighting someone and having to rely on Q to outplay them. In case you haven't noticed, Kindred have extremely low max hp and resistances so when you build them a glass cannon (the only really viable build right now) you're going to get one-shot before you can do anything if you don't have your Q up. And i don't really see the point in having marks spawn in you own Jungle. That won't feel rewarding at all then, especially with reduced bonuses. You could try and split up the stats gained for killing monster marks and champion marks, so champions give more powerful effects such as extra AD/AS and monsters give MS / Tenacity in small amounts. Just throwing out ideas though.
: > Because unification makes them more powerfull, No, it's cuz Ashe wants to bring a peaceful resolution to the dispute whereas Azir, the EMPEROR, wants to keep conquering after his Empire is restored. > Azir didn't fail, he didn't know he would be betrayed, Yeah i'm sure all the thousands or millions of people who lived under his reign and passed down their stories, knew the intricacies of Azir's and Xerath's relationship and know the truth without any second doubts or gossip....riight. > they just know a big explosion wiped out Shurima's capital city. You're making a blind assumption. Same way i can say they propably knew Azir was the Emperor at the time and failed his city by doing whatever they can wish up to put their tinfoil hats on and be popular.
Ok, so that would have to be provoked by the other nations. Shurima currently does not actually seem to give a shit about the other nations since Azir is trying to rebuild it first. And i wasn't implying that Lissandra was a watcher. She is waiting for the Watchers' return and that's when she will put her plan in motion, whatever that might be. The Watchers i believe are some things akin to the Targonians but not cosmic obviously, if they're believed to be stuck in Howling Abyss but on a similar power scale than the Void as they're definetly not from Runeterra would be my guess. > Also the Darkins were defeated by the remaining ascendants after the fall of Shurima. Considering i didn't know this, i'll give you that one. Take Mordekaiser then. Whatever his power level is, i bet he'd give Nasus a good fight.
: > Because unification makes them more powerfull, No, it's cuz Ashe wants to bring a peaceful resolution to the dispute whereas Azir, the EMPEROR, wants to keep conquering after his Empire is restored. > Azir didn't fail, he didn't know he would be betrayed, Yeah i'm sure all the thousands or millions of people who lived under his reign and passed down their stories, knew the intricacies of Azir's and Xerath's relationship and know the truth without any second doubts or gossip....riight. > they just know a big explosion wiped out Shurima's capital city. You're making a blind assumption. Same way i can say they propably knew Azir was the Emperor at the time and failed his city by doing whatever they can wish up to put their tinfoil hats on and be popular.
I literally described the likelyness of anything being believed and the story could be spun a thousand times in those thousands of years, do you really think everyone is faithful to Azir as an Emperor who's dynasty "Simply crumbled" in the history books? I could also say it's just as likely that Ryze goes "Man, Fuck Shurima" and literally Infinity Stones the shit out of the place and it's gone because of his World Runes. There are numerous champions that have the influence, cunning and raw power to take on Shurima just by themselves if you hypothetically could unite it let alone undiscovered powers and circumstances and new champions. If you'd unite the 5 Darkin, i'm pretty sure they'd paint the sand red. Big things fall down just as fast as little ones as has been demonstrated.
: > [{quoted}](name=LightTrack,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=K7s5VhUZ,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-22T07:10:37.688+0000) > > Why the fuck would all the tribes be united by some long-dead emperor who failed to save his people from what they consider a catastrophe in the past? > > This makes literally no sense and magic appears pretty limited in the modern Runeterra with the exception of things such as World Runes or The Void. For the exact same reason some tribes would be unified by a girl who found a magic bow. Because unification makes them more powerfull, and because people of Shurima would live better as an Empire. Also Azir didn't fail, he didn't know he would be betrayed, Xerath is one of the smartest champs in League. And people don't know exactly what happened, they just know a big explosion wiped out Shurima's capital city.
> Because unification makes them more powerfull, No, it's cuz Ashe wants to bring a peaceful resolution to the dispute whereas Azir, the EMPEROR, wants to keep conquering after his Empire is restored. > Azir didn't fail, he didn't know he would be betrayed, Yeah i'm sure all the thousands or millions of people who lived under his reign and passed down their stories, knew the intricacies of Azir's and Xerath's relationship and know the truth without any second doubts or gossip....riight. > they just know a big explosion wiped out Shurima's capital city. You're making a blind assumption. Same way i can say they propably knew Azir was the Emperor at the time and failed his city by doing whatever they can wish up to put their tinfoil hats on and be popular.
: Well laning with kindred is different. Get a cc supp or a poke one either or works and poke with your aoe wolf
That sounds like a terrible idea as she would lose literally every trade with her low as hell max hp. Wolf would also just push the lane unnecessarily.
: I would call you a Hyopcrite cause you main a Marksman, but you main Kindred, which is kinda one of the last balanced ADC's out there, i also like playing her, so nice job on that
Kindred's design is highly mechanically intensive aswell so there's no real comparison to be made here. I've fought Adcs with Kindred and they shred my health due to Kindred's low max hp while just standing still and doing nothing in particular.
: But I thought ADCS were op because of 80% crit and lifesteal and too much dmg :/ only adc that does not build that... still has players complaining
Cuz he's an artillery caster. Imagine playing against a full AP Kog'Maw who never runs out of mana. He'll just be spamming R all day.
: Guess what champion I am
This is...pretty funny, tbh. Well done OP.
: Shaco is still OP and annoying af playing with and against
To be fair, he is designed to play like a coward. He has a hit & run attack pattern, gains extra damage for attacking from behind. Punishes you for winning an artificial 2v1 in case you kill the clone first and mostly plays with Ignite. Not to mention how he can use boxes to cover an escape route with his invisibility that has a Flash built into it. This champion is worse than anything else imo.
: There are hundreds of tribes in Shurima. A fully rebuilt Shurima would have all those tribes united. And I mean by nuking that entire batalions were wiped out in seconds by Shuriman mages in the battle of Icathia.
Why the fuck would all the tribes be united by some long-dead emperor who failed to save his people from what they consider a catastrophe in the past? This makes literally no sense and magic appears pretty limited in the modern Runeterra with the exception of things such as World Runes or The Void.
: I have no clue as to how you can make that claim considering Noxus' affinity for dark magic and the fact that you don't know it's sheer army size nor what it's comprised of. This fangirling is not even subtle anymore. ........ HAHAHAHAHAHAA b*** please. Shurimans mages were nuking Icathias army before Icathian mages formed a barrier. And while Shurima is not yet fully rebuilded, it still has a large population And thus many potential mages.
(X) Doubt. What do you mean "nuking"? And Shurima's population seems to consist of freaking sand soldiers who dissolve instantly after being hit.
: What does essence taste like?
> [{quoted}](name=l Ryden l,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yvTEGArc,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-21T05:42:19.554+0000) > > What does essence taste like? Ask Dehaka.
Bondy (EUNE)
: "Nocturne no ult"
: I uninstalled League of Legends today: A Sincere Thank You to Riot & the Community
"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change." - Avatar Aang "Allow yourself to surrender to despair and you give in to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, Hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." - Iroh
Aratiti (EUW)
: I don't really know enough about the boards to be sure about this, but I guess the mods here also have to answer to Riot to some extent since this is the official boards, which makes it easier to know what to expect from it. Since Reddit is independent and fragmented you have to treat every single subreddit as a different universe, and that has both its pros and cons. Like you said, every single subreddit has different rules and different enforcement, and in the end it sort of works on a free market principle that the best subreddit is supposed to survive (critics of r/offmychest created r/trueoffmychest, critics of r/gaming created r/games etc.), and just like in the real world there comes a point where a subreddit has become too big to fail, and to be honest, r/leagueoflegends has become such a subreddit since there are no real direct alternatives to it and the large amount of content and visitors makes content creators lose out if they leave and try to bring their audience along with them. But I'm still a fairly new mod, and one of my main priorities is to try to be more transparent and actually discuss our rules and why they exist. There is a pretty large disparity between the boards and the subreddit, and the two groups pretty much hate each other's guts, so why not try to come here and dispel some notions about the subreddit while I'm at it. It's just gonna make our future work much easier.
While that's near-perfect marketing by you, i'm just not too big on Reddit for obvious reasons. I don't even like the aesthetics of it and how confusing the page navigation is. Sometimes you can click on a post and it goes to the direct link of an image without the comments. And when you go to the comments, you won't see the post itself. And how small all the text is, filled with hyperlinks on things i don't even know what they mean.. And so on. The Boards essentially dislike Reddit for it's obvious widespread corruptiveness and Reddit propably dislikes the Boards due to being labeled a smaller echo-chamber. Both are right, i just prefer the Boards due to user-friendlyness.
Larriet (NA)
: > although she's no juggernaut
Yeah i'm just pointing out what pretty much rules her out.
R0XTAR (NA)
: Petition to make a new rank below bronze.
As if League wasn't toxic enough already. And this comments section is a testament to that.
chamaman (NA)
: Janna's W 5 damage nerf is another gem by the balance team
I can't upvote something that's literally nothing more than rage and insults. I agree, that nerf is meaningless but this isn't the right way going about these things.
Larriet (NA)
: I came here to say this. Leona is not gentle and caring, and although she's no juggernaut, she generally fits the description of OP's wish pretty well.
She's not a juggernaut though. Juggernaut's are slow, tanky fighters who become more lethal the longer you're near them because of their abilities. Leona plays more like an assassin in this regard given she rotates a single spell combo and her damage stops after the final cast.
Aratiti (EUW)
: That subreddit has some very peculiar rules, so I would honestly not be the least bit surprised if they banned you for something trivial. But the thing with Reddit is that anybody can create a community, and that makes it so that different subreddits can have completely different rules and different levels of enforcement of the site-wide rules, and if that is taken too far the entire subreddit gets shuts down (the most notable case recently being r/incels, or "involuntary celibates"). There are also subreddits that ban you automatically if you have ever commented or posted on certain other subreddits (r/offmychest is notorious for this), however that has been very criticized and had results in offshoot subreddits spawning without the ridiculous rules. Reddit can be difficult to grasp if you're new to it, so I understand how there can be a bit of confusion, but if you ever want to give it a try again you are free to message the mods or me directly (u/Cahootie) with any questions you have, and we'll be glad to help.
I know that, which is what i meant. I didn't mean all of Reddit was a hellhole, i'm just saying that due to the "open--source" type of mentality with the...reddits, it's very difficult to know when you're not treading on ice due to incompetent or biased mods. On the Boards at least, the moderation is much smaller and is regulated and scrutinized by other moderators. Regardless, i'm quite surprised you took the time out of your day to explain things and actually do background checks. Kudos to you for that at least.
Aratiti (EUW)
: That is interesting, because the Reddit user LightTrack is not banned from r/leagueoflegends and has never been. However I found [this comment](https://www.reddit.com/r/League_Of_Legends_/comments/504pzt/hello_summoners_my_name_is_alice_i_m_currently/d73aq3p/?context=3) which lines up perfectly with the comment you are describing, and not only is the comment still there, that comment was also made on r/League\_Of\_Legends_, which is not the sub in question. Your story does not check out.
Hmm...well maybe i'm confusing them then. I've literally only used Reddit once so i suppose that's why. Still, if mods like that are allowed to run sections of the site then i don't have a lot of trust in the site itself.
Hibeki (NA)
: Its official boys, the Reddit has admitted to fascism and censorship
Oh, that shithole. Yeah, they banned me for my first and only Reddit post which was a comment stating the following: (In response to a person looking for friends to play with) Me: "Yeah, seems like we have a lot in common. This is my Summoner Name, we can play during these times, i'm on EUW and i main Janna. Cya later i guess." Roughly put. I was banned for not following the guidelines. I checked them and nothing was violated. They didn't explain themselves, just shamed me. Told me i should know what i did. Needless to say i told that person to go fuck themselves for their retarded moderation (ironic? They were definetly not looking into it at that point. They didn't even seem to care) and left it at that. It was a temporary ban but i don't even care. No way am i wasting time in that dictatorship anymore.
: Not really, Quick cast can be used with indicator. Its an option
Yeah but i rarely see anyone used it. You could also argue then that Normal cast or Quick cast should be removed altogether which would literally handicap the players on one side of the spectrum. Not a good strategy.
: You know what archetype I'm still waiting for?
Since when is Leona gentle? By the way, Leona and Sejuani both share the same attributes - heavy single-rotation cc with low sustained damage. They both become useless after their initial casts for a considerable period of time. So yeah, having a non-sexualized female juggernaut in the game wouldn't be so bad.
: I agree it is a VERY difficult ability to land but I feel that those types of indicators lessen skill. I don't like it on Zoe and I wouldn't like it on Irelia. I want to show off my skill by how often I can hit it without some weird indicator thank you.
Except that it would only be used for Normal Cast players such as myself. Quick Cast users would be unaffected.
: wait what the fuck happened to my name
This is better than your original comment.
Eonis (NA)
: hi
{{champion:203}} Wolf:Hey..prey! Lamb:We welcome you.
: Lul I don't know how
: Oh okay thank you! I will delete my comment right away!
: hey, you're my favorite ♥
"Séx Crazed Eve"? Yeah, i don't think so.
Verl0h (NA)
: I love League of Legends. The game however creates a tendency towards over-competitive nature. It's completely normal to get distraught or downtrodden when playing League. My advice? Take a break for a few hours. If all you're doing is hyper-focusing on the game, then that is what is bringing you down. Physical activity and fitness can do wonders for you, and honestly bring you much more enjoyment when you come back to the game. The finer points of the balancing system will always be an ebb & flow. I encourage you to learn to ride the tide. May {{champion:136}} bless you, and good luck on The Rift, fellow Summoner!
> [{quoted}](name=Verl0h,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jEYnL8tv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-15T16:21:17.162+0000) > > I love League of Legends. The game however creates a tendency towards over-competitive nature. It's completely normal to get distraught or downtrodden when playing League. My advice? Take a break for a few hours. If all you're doing is hyper-focusing on the game, then that is what is bringing you down. Physical activity and fitness can do wonders for you, and honestly bring you much more enjoyment when you come back to the game. The finer points of the balancing system will always been an ebb & flow. I encourage you to learn to ride the tide. May {{champion:136}} bless you, and good luck on The Rift, fellow Summoner! Why did people downvote this? This is genuinely good advice. Did butthurt idiots flock to this thread to bandwagon on everything positive?
: I'd honestly mess with their ult first, I really REALLY want them to change it, as just seeing Kindred picked on my team makes it wary because of their ult alone. Then again I don't play Kindred myself so I can't say how useful it is, but as an ally their ult often feels more like a hindrance than helpful a lot of the time.
As a current Kindred main, her ult's just fine. It's her feast or famine playstyle i have a problem with. Her low range - high damage invites her to be blown to shit because of her innate squishyness.
Cohérent (EUW)
: KlikTech just did baron in 11 seconds on spawn
: yes you are. You say the high elo specate still exists, which implies that all the features of the previous one stand. I'm not trying to argue anything, just saying you are missing some information.
Um...i'm not implying anything. I didn't add anything to additionally imply that. You're literally putting intention into my words when I'M the one who wrote the comment. You're the one drawing conclusions and assuming too much.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: > Wth wasn't the latest update on the story that Taliyah was just going to Shurima and Sivir left because she gives no real shits about her heritage and just wants to keep being some random mercenary? Where the hell are you taking that from? You don't even have an idea about what's going on with Shurima faction and still arguing with me, hilarious. [I recommend you to read it.](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/shurima/story) >And in that case, Xerath really is retarded. Renekton can keep searching in the middle of the desert aswell. Both idiots. Saying both idiots without any actual argument. They are idiots because they are idiots, ok. >Because every aspect of Targon, The War for Freljord and The Harrowing frequency ramping up seems to be pointing at a much larger conflict than some desert animals battling it out "Because Empire!". The Void invasion foreshadowed through Icathia has been hinted at to be the single most threatening event in Runeterran history that is looming in the horizon. It's essentially the Infinity War of League. You really think a handful of "characters meeting" is important? Ah! You couldn't simplify it worse. "Desert Animals". This Desert Animals fought against the Void in Great Void War and saved the Runeterra. They are far more powerful than mindless undead creatures, in case you don't know. Especially Xerath, a being that can mind control, created a small army for himself just with mind control. Azir can create thousands of sand soldiers in a blink and you say me they are "Desert Animals." When Riot says Shurima's Rise and Return of the Ascended will change the entire Runeterra, I trust them, not you. Targon is such small faction most of runeterran probably don't even believe they exist. They as far as we know did not show any big plot in Runeterra History. It is an important faction with such small appearance. They don't deal with the mortals. So I don't know how a far more mortal related faction as Shurima is less significant than Targon for runeterrans. Shurima can conquer even Noxus with Sand Soldiers with added human power, and you say me it is not a big conflict. Majestic. Xerath's goal after defeating Azir is conquering Runeterra but it is lesser conflict than 2 girls' throne fight. Enchanting. > The interactions won't most likely even result in anything because Riot can't afford to kill anyone off and they're sure as hell not coming up with another "Burning Tides" event until all the lore is "updated". And what do you think will happen with Freljord? Game of Thrones final? Every word being "oh freaking motherfucking shit" material? You call me biased but you don't even see Freljord is not an exception. > This makes literally no sense as i can easily say that nothing will happen in the next update to Shurima aswell based on "my observation" Your observation doesn't even know a story called as Bloodline exist. Magnificent. > How can a fucking earthbender save Nasus from a prison made by Xerath? Isn't he like pure-arcane energy? How can a prison like this be broken by earth? Xerath was about to make the prison actually, but what happened in this case is not known. It was told by Nasus' perspective and he was super injured in this moment. What he only knows after he was saved is, city was completely destroyed. I don't think Xerath gave a damn about an earth mage. > Pretty sure it didn't exist back then. It was never named. Yes it did. What the hell is this? Old Xerath destroyed Shurima too, not with his Ascension but a discovered transformation spell by him being casted. An ancient forgotten spell destroyed entire SHURIMA in old lore. And empire's name was called SHURIMA in old lore too. Go read some lore, you are drunk. > And that's when you stop making all sense at all. You're clearly just fanboying here and if it were up to me, i'd froze that region for at least 2 years so others can catch up. It's had it's time in the sun for now and the writers are ridiculously slow with making new lore because they want to introduce new plot devices at every single turn. What you know about Freljord lore, about Lissandra, about Watchers. Everything was the beginning of Retcon. Freljord was the first retconned faction of lore. Freljord was not the special snowflake of old lore. In old lore, everything was shit.
> Saying both idiots without any actual argument. I gave an argument in the previous reply. > Ah! You couldn't simplify it worse. "Desert Animals". This Desert Animals fought against the Void in Great Void War and saved the Runeterra. The obvious point here is that they're not the only ones capable of that. League doesn't revolve around Shurima. It's a collage of stories with near-unlimited possibilities of world-altering occurences from all over , even by a single individual, not just some dumbasses who fight cuz of their Empire and royal vengeance. Ofcourse Shurima will change the world but you can say that about literally all the regions currently existing, including Bilgewater or Zaun for example, no matter how backwater and meaningless they may seem from afar. The Shurima plotline is stuck on Azir vs Xerath right now and neither of them will be mortally dealt with until we have all the lore in place. You're not getting it, simple as that. Just as none of us are getting any meaningful progress in Bilgewater or Targon as the foundations for progress are laid and put on hold. > Targon is such small faction most of runeterran probably don't even believe they exist. They as far as we know did not show any big plot in Runeterra History. It is an important faction with such small appearance. They don't deal with the mortals. So I don't know how a far more mortal related faction as Shurima is less significant than Targon for runeterrans. What the hell are you talking about? Targon has sent down 4 aspects as of now and Diana has discovered the Void. Leona is looking for her and it will obviously point to the Void as a greater threat, endangering all of mankind, them with it. That's like you saying "Thor can't have anything to do with Earth because he lives on the other side of the universe on Asgard." And then being proven wrong by obvious circumstances. > Shurima can conquer even Noxus with Sand Soldiers with added human power, and you say me it is not a big conflict. Majestic. I have no clue as to how you can make that claim considering Noxus' affinity for dark magic and the fact that you don't know it's sheer army size nor what it's comprised of. This fangirling is not even subtle anymore. > Xerath's goal after defeating Azir is conquering Runeterra but it is lesser conflict than 2 girls' throne fight. Oh good job belittling that, when i don't really care about Sejuani's and Ashe's bickering. They're both tribal leaders, they don't have massive armies backing them. It's Lissandra who is the real threat there, kind of how the White Walkers are. Ashe is fighting for her ideology to bring peace and unite the Freljord, while Sejuani is going for the Noxian ideology of killing all the weak. It's practically subhumanism at it's finest, and there's a literal monster that is worse than her, who wishes to freeze the entire world in ice. Do you think Xerath can match the Watchers? I doubt it. > Your observation doesn't even know a story called as Bloodline exist. Magnificent. Do you even speak English? I said based on my observation and you use it in a compeletely broken manner to tie into something absolutely unrelated to the sentence. Based on my observation on how storytelling works for fuck's sake. There is logically no reason to advance a story that is already developed to an extent that it would rush ahead of other stories, while some haven't even been updated. > Xerath was about to make the prison actually, but what happened in this case is not known. It was told by Nasus' perspective and he was super injured in this moment. What he only knows after he was saved is, city was completely destroyed. I don't think Xerath gave a damn about an earth mage. So it's a deus ex machina. Wonderful. > Pretty sure it didn't exist back then. It was never named. Apparently it did. I haven't read that lore in ages so i'll admit forgetting that, although somewhat justified. > Freljord was the first retconned faction of lore. Freljord was not the special snowflake of old lore. In old lore, everything was shit. But..it was still the most developed faction in the old lore. Like what is your point? Oh, and i don't really care about your opinion on the quality of the old lore. That's completely irrelevant.
: yep and scroll down until you find out who is playing. You're also neglecting the fact that the old spectate would tell you everyone that was playing as well as the champions they were playing. This is crucial as there are certain matchups you might want to observe and etc.
I'm not neglecting anything. I was merely pointing out a straight up fact. The fuck's wrong with people taking everything as an argument challenge?
: i miss the high elo spectate a ton, i actually learned a lot from watching those when they were on
It still exists, just that you have to go manually in Ranked Challenger 5v5 or whatever and spectate whoever is in-game at the time. Kind of annoying, i know.
Destaice (NA)
: How to teach kids a lesson.
Pretty sure everyone with that name is weirded out now.
: Oh yes, be wary about this. Someone told me that if you commit suicide you go to hell. Pray to your friend that he does not go to hell.
The problem with you christians is that you never take into account that this argument can mean nothing to anyone who isn't christian. Like seriously, it sounds like a threat almost. If you don't believe in the christian god then by his judgment, you go to Hell anyway.
: GJ Riot, Clash is a Real Hit!
To be fair, i'm pretty sure Clash is a semi-proffessional mode so if you have a job that consumes your life to that point, it's not really for you. I might be wrong but whatever. You'd need 4 other people who don't have time constraints aswell.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Did you even read Bloodline? Taliyah healed Sivir's wounds and met her, Nasus fought against Xerath, Xerath is forward on the Capital, preparing for to meet Azir, Renekton is searching for Nasus. Nasus wants to meet Azir, to know his purpose, also needs his help. All plots of Shurima are about to happen in a single blink, they are in the edge of happening. And you are telling me Xerath is not going to do anything? Azir's ressurection is not an important plot for ENTIRE RUNETERRA? The most biased comment I have read in a while. You don't even know what are you talking about. What the hell is saying no one would give a shit about Azir's ressurection? The only known Ascended Emperor of Shurima, about to rise his empire again? Xerath, one of the most powerful and dangerous entity of Runeterra, made a goal which is conquering Runeterra? They will give more than a few shit I promise, they have to if they wanna live. > Sejuani and Ashe are practically already in tribal warfare and Lissandra is just killing their people whenever they wander too far from their tribes. Exactly how unlikely is that Lissandra gets discovered or an all out war happens between Sejuani and Ashe's "armies"? If Ashe discovered Lissandra, there's a chance she might seek aid from Demacia, like how Quinn promised to help her in the previous lore when she made her expedition to the Freljord. What we only know about Freljord is they are about to have War. When or Where, we don't know. Nothing about it exist. Not a single lore piece is written about it. You can't say it is a "to be continued" moment when it did not even start. Shurima plots are things can be happen just after where Bloodline story ends. Taliyah saves Nasus from Xerath's hand made prison and goes to capital to meet Azir. Xerath also goes to capital. Things that can be happen within a single week. Not months, not years, compare to Freljord War. > Sounds to me like you're only defending Shurima here to strike down my opinion. > > The retconned lore is the direct precursor to much of today's lore's writing. It has everything to do with it. > > Arguably, the only thing missing was the Void part but Shurima literally didn't exist either, so your point is entirely biased. > Like literally, what is your point? I'm not trying to mock you or something. Just asking. What is the point Shurima not even existing before retcon (which actually it did) when it is the most developing faction now? Before retcon, lore was shit. No faction had detailed story. If Shurima did not exist in your eyes before retcon, neither is Freljord.
Wth wasn't the latest update on the story that Taliyah was just going to Shurima and Sivir left because she gives no real shits about her heritage and just wants to keep being some random mercenary? Where the hell are you taking that from? And in that case, Xerath really is retarded. Renekton can keep searching in the middle of the desert aswell. Both idiots. > What the hell is saying no one would give a shit about Azir's ressurection? The only known Ascended Emperor of Shurima, about to rise his empire again? Xerath, one of the most powerful and dangerous entity of Runeterra, made a goal which is conquering Runeterra? They will give more than a few shit I promise, they have to if they wanna live. Because every aspect of Targon, The War for Freljord and The Harrowing frequency ramping up seems to be pointing at a much larger conflict than some desert animals battling it out "Because Empire!". The Void invasion foreshadowed through Icathia has been hinted at to be the single most threatening event in Runeterran history that is looming in the horizon. It's essentially the Infinity War of League. You really think a handful of "characters meeting" is important? Here's how it'll go: "Nasus i need you to help me." -"Ok what do you want?" "Uhh..go get me a relic/Build an army/ become a deus ex machina" -"Sure no problem." That's about it. The interactions won't most likely even result in anything because Riot can't afford to kill anyone off and they're sure as hell not coming up with another "Burning Tides" event until all the lore is "updated". Not to mention there are countless other world-changing lore-threads that are stuck on cliffhangers like Ryze's World Runes, Anivia's awakening, and Syndra's growing power or Diana exposing the Lunari. I can't list everything off the top of my head though. > What we only know about Freljord is they are about to have War. When or Where, we don't know. Nothing about it exist. Not a single lore piece is written about it. You can't say it is a "to be continued" moment when it did not even start. This makes literally no sense as i can easily say that nothing will happen in the next update to Shurima aswell based on "my observation". The War for Freljord isn't simply set in stone as who will be fighting. Noone knows about Lissandra yet so it'll either Ashe vs Sejuani or a potential alliance to kill Lissandra. And the Watchers, ofcourse. > Taliyah saves Nasus from Xerath's hand made prison and goes to capital to meet Azir. How can a fucking earthbender save Nasus from a prison made by Xerath? Isn't he like pure-arcane energy? How can a prison like this be broken by earth? > Shurima not even existing before retcon (which actually it did) when it is the most developing faction now? Pretty sure it didn't exist back then. It was never named. > No faction had detailed story. Ironically, Freljord had the most detailed story. > If Shurima did not exist in your eyes before retcon, neither is Freljord. And that's when you stop making all sense at all. You're clearly just fanboying here and if it were up to me, i'd froze that region for at least 2 years so others can catch up. It's had it's time in the sun for now and the writers are ridiculously slow with making new lore because they want to introduce new plot devices at every single turn.
Hozenb (NA)
: I love the old Janna BTW. She was another strong female character. But I also can't say the new one is that bad.
Considering the new one has no real character or human soul in her, she's just a generic supporty support even within the lore that goes around hugging people in some god-knows-where fishing area in Zaun that propably looks like a polluted fishing village in China. Absolutely pointless and depthless from my perspective.
Wuks (NA)
: I won't take credit for the idea; FEK/BEK has had it way before I was able to add it to the Boards :P
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Shurima is left in a moment plots are just about to happen. Freljord currently is not in war, Watchers are still imprisoned. Void itself is not even related to only Freljord. Shurima has pretty strong Void relation too. So I think Xerath meeting Azir, Taliyah meeting Azir, Renekton meeting Nasus are more "to be continued" plots than Freljord being in war, which is probably not even likely until Watchers are awaken. And I don't know what is your point with pre retcon. It doesn't matter. What you are listing that are interesting for Freljord did not exist before retcon either.
Except that Nasus is wandering the desert in buttfuck-nowhere together with Renekton and Xerath. Rumors of Azir's ressurection has spread but honestly who would give a shit. Xerath got his "revenge" already, only a fool would pursue the only creature he knows that could stand against him. And Taliyah can be literally stepped on by all of the ascended, her importance in the story is the equivalent of some random earthbender re-discovering Ba Sing Se. And in case you haven't seen Ba Sing Se, it's huge. Very huge. > than Freljord being in war, which is probably not even likely until Watchers are awaken. Sejuani and Ashe are practically already in tribal warfare and Lissandra is just killing their people whenever they wander too far from their tribes. Exactly how unlikely is that Lissandra gets discovered or an all out war happens between Sejuani and Ashe's "armies"? If Ashe discovered Lissandra, there's a chance she might seek aid from Demacia, like how Quinn promised to help her in the previous lore when she made her expedition to the Freljord. > And I don't know what is your point with pre retcon. It doesn't matter. What you are listing that are interesting for Freljord did not exist before retcon either. Sounds to me like you're only defending Shurima here to strike down my opinion. The retconned lore is the direct precursor to much of today's lore's writing. It has everything to do with it. Arguably, the only thing missing was the Void part but Shurima literally didn't exist either, so your point is entirely biased.
: The new Karma bio
How does this take "resources and time" to the equivalent of literally years though? I've written fantasy stories, longer than some of your bios and i've kept the backstory of every relevant detail in mind while writing new chapters. Are your "lore specialists" just not synced up with each other so they all have to unite their brains to be able to write something so no writer would be cancelled out? I don't get it, writing a 3 page story takes about an entire day in League context on the fly without pre-meditation, as i wrote stories with Runeterra as a backdrop. The writing itself should take more effort than time, honestly. Oh and too sad you absolutely fucked Janna up but since nobody cares about her, she was left to rot. Still angry for that by the way!
Fasmodey (EUW)
: “A lifetime as a slave has prepared me for eternity as your master.”
> Riot's the most "to be continued" faction is definitely Shurima I have to disagree, as Freljord's been on the brink of an all-out war plus an Iceborn + Voidborn invasion for all of League's lifetime. I'm not sure if Shurima even existed before the retconning.
Wuks (NA)
: Boards PSA - Hovering over thread votes will show vote breakdowns
Yea i noticed this. Pretty innovative to be honest.
: There's a known issue about image posting at the moment. I don't have a timeline, but we're looking into it actively.
Oh well good to know it's not another one of those "sometimes it happens randomly" bugs then.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Show more

LightTrack

Level 81 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion