: Just curious - how do they know you’re a girl? I wouldn’t get that from your name . . .
> [{quoted}](name=stopthesinged,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OnKMIAXY,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-24T12:20:51.086+0000) > > Just curious - how do they know you’re a girl? I wouldn’t get that from your name . . . Why would it make a difference whether there is or isn't a girl in game? There is this weird thing among boys/men that, its ok to be sexist, as long as no girls are around.
: Thanks Riot for banning me for saying FF 15 when i have 2 trolls in my team.
This never ending assumption by people who get banned "they banned me but everyone else gets away with it"... no.. no they don't. No one is getting away with it, it's why this forum is littered with thousands of posts over years of people whining about how they got banned unfairly. You got banned for what you did, they will get banned for what they did. It all just takes time.
: To Riot and Those Enjoying the Current Meta
I agree with you that I think the over emphasis on damage is at an extreme right now and the resulting meta has collapsed the usefulness of more champions than any other meta I can recall over the years but truth be told meta is driven more by preference then effectiveness. People don't play high damage champions because they are more effective, but because people have always in larger numbers prefered to play high damage champions. It's as much a mentality thing as anything and I really do believe a big part of the reason that Assassins are so effective and have high winrates is as much caused by their damage potential as it is by the fact that people play these champions at a very high skill level because they train and put the hours into them. I play Malphite and I can tell you that I have played against champions like Vayne, Zed and Shen in that lane and skill is a huge factor. I have both utterly crushed these champions and been completely dominated by these champions without adjusting tactics, just doing my standard assassin response. I also firmly believe that it is far more common today than at any other time for players to stick to their main despite bad match ups. I firmly believe that most matches are lost at champion select. Finally I think a big part of the "unhappiness" factor people have with the game is caused by the match making routines. I look at the matches I won and the matches I lost and its very easy to see that based on records, masteries and statistics that these matches where decided by the match up. Aka the matches I win I win because I can clearly see that I was matched up against a weak team and vice versus.
EATARI (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EATARI,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mc7tKcAQ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-18T16:21:37.065+0000) > > I can tell there’s already a bias against the current meta, but the reason I like it is because of the higher outplay potential. It may sound weird saying that as, how is {{champion:107}} 100-0ing you from the bush outplay?(That mostly comes down to macro play such as vision control.) There are exceptions, but in general most of the damage has been pushed onto riskier abilities that require more positional awareness and skill. The balance changes of {{champion:69}} show this pretty well. The higher general damage also means that successful reads are more appropriately rewarded, on both sides of play. If I flash behind {{champion:81}} as he’s ulting while on low health, I’m rewarded with the kill. But if the {{champion:81}} reads that I’ll flash over the wall and ults into the jungle, he is more likely to get the kill which feels fair for both players. But that’s just my take and it’s more than possible that I’m biased as a player starting in S8.
> [{quoted}](name=EATARI,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mc7tKcAQ,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-05-18T16:23:33.647+0000) > > I actually agree with you. I have played League over many different seasons and one of the big sort of problems in the past was that tactical play was not nearly as effective as composition and solo contribution. Another words the game boiled down who understood the metrics of composition, item building and match ups. Games where usually decided as champ selection and if not, a single dominant player could carry a weak team. Today's meta still holds all those as important, but most games despite anything are decided by tactical team play, positioning, vision, objectives. There is a far bigger risk vs. reward metric in play. If your X champion in Y situation, you are in an advantage, but in D situation your screwed. Its less the champion and more the situation that will garner a kill or get you killed. It used to simply be "situation doesn't matter", X champ with Y item trumps everyone. Unfortunately this has led a lot of players into the arena of Smurfing and Trolling. The game has become a lot more sensitive to player skill, so when you have a Diamond level player that knows how to work the map, vision and high level play he can totally 5 v 1 a game in Bronze or Silver. Tactical play has such a huge impact on the game now and players who use champions designed for kills can leverage that to extremely lethal degrees, but the issue isn't the champion disparity but rather the player skill. Its why for example Riven is considered "broken" in lower tiers but at higher levels virtually no one plays her. Its because she is a one trick pony and a really poor contributor to the team. She is easy to focus down and while she has a lot of escape, you don't win games by running away. The big impact champions are the ones that are amazingly in teams like {{champion:85}} . Its become a game about team contribution rather than what you can do alone in a lane and if you listen to the complaints from players about why they can't climb they always start with... I win my lane, get XX kills, always dominate my opponent but my crap team loses the game for me.... All that is, is a lack of realization that team play is the key. You can get all the kills and dominate your lane all you want, but that won't win you the games if you aren't part of making those team based tactical plays. In essence the selfish gamer meta is dead. Its a team sport and its what higher division players understand and why they have no trouble going into a lower tier game and dominating. They know how to push objectives, ward, support other lanes.. aka do their job in their lane and roam to support the weaker or less successful areas of their team. We saw a ton of that in the MSI tournament games.
: RANKED IS BROKEN. why is this even possible?
For what its worth I tend to agree with the OP. How fair is it that say your Bronze II like me trying to get to Bronze I, I have to play Silver 3-4 players, while other bronze II players, get to climb to Bronze I against Bronze IV players just because their MMR is lower? I mean, its Ranked play, Bronze II is Bronze II and Bronze I is Bronze I... why do Silver players get to have a say if I climb to Bronze I for me specifically but not for everyone else in my division? Its really kind of messed up. Basically I have to throw some games (win just enough to stay in my division) to get my MMR down so that I can play actual Bronze players to climb to Bronze I. Its a silly system, quite literally requires you to throw games to advance.
: Wrongful Suspension: Falsely Accused of Racism :/
@Babygirl Yuumi For what it's worth mate, you are officially the first person in the 8-9 years I have been playing this game that I have seen, that got punished, posted what happen with chat logs and I thought to myself, wow, that is ridiculous, this poor bastard was banned for nothing. Usually it's so painfully obvious why someone got punished, but your case I find very offensive. You have basically been banned for typing in a southern-draw, I found how you are being treated by this specialist Rujitra extremely offensive and I'm not even southern, or American. It's basically culture-bias and in many ways way more racist then just straight dorpping the N-bomb because its very subtle and covered up by political correctness. Basically what Rujitra and Riot are saying is that you are racist for having a southern-draw as if you could control that. You asked a simple question using the language you know how to speak, I didn't find it rude or racist, quite to the contrary, I find the southern-draw very pleasant. Sorry you got banned, you definitely didn't deserve and RIOT should be ashamed of how they treated you. I vow here and now that for this incident I will spend 0 money on League of Legends for the remainder of the year and if you are unbanned, I will spend 40 bucks on RIOT points, of which I will give you half as welcome back. If and when your account has been cleared drop me a message.
ImNeo2K (EUNE)
: Should Riven get mana?
There is kind of a lot of complaining about Riven as being OP, but the reality is that Riven's global Winrate dropped 2% before the patch and is still dropping. She is being picked less and less with each patch. I'm not going to say that it's because she is not as good as people say she is, she has that potential, but she is awesome in the hands of really good Riven players and those are few and far inbetween. She has a very challenging kit to learn and it takes a lot of dedication and practice to make look as easy as some of these great players do. Yeah, in the hands of a great Riven player who worked his ass of to get good with her she is a huge threat but doesn't that describe every champion? To me the conversation should be, what can the average player do with Riven and the answer is.. not much. She is not some auto win button, it takes considerable skill to play her well and she is incredibly sensitive to falling behind and there are some really hard counters for Riven in champ select. Volibear or Gnar for example can take her apart and make it look easy. This last patch really declawed her but if they do anymore, she will disappear into obscurity. She is already after this patch a sub-par, non-meta speciality champion at best. One more nerf and you can basically delete her.
: not changing my personality because people want to make a shitty feature and expect everyone to be happy about it
> [{quoted}](name=STAR ŁORD,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KuBMqrjs,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-11T01:08:23.686+0000) > > not changing my personality because people want to make a shitty feature and expect everyone to be happy about it You don't have a personality, you are just a man-child who doesn't know how to behave like an adult even though your playing a game made for children. What you are is the equivalent of a grown man walking into a pre-school and trash talking the kids.
: Level 7 talking yea yea yea.
> [{quoted}](name=G Master Hung,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YqjQOwIe,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-10T13:03:39.261+0000) > > Level 7 talking yea yea yea. Well your Level 32, so he’s really not that far behind you or me for that matter. Its about 60 matches from you and 120 from me...
HailFall (NA)
: I am new to league but I have been playing hots for a long time, so I have a general grasp of concepts like map awareness, soaking exp, stutter stepping, and so on. I was a valeera main so I also have experience with more assassin specific concepts like intercepting rotations, ganking, etc. I am not completely clueless
> [{quoted}](name=HailFall,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YqjQOwIe,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-10T13:00:54.872+0000) > > I am new to league but I have been playing hots for a long time, so I have a general grasp of concepts like map awareness, soaking exp, stutter stepping, and so on. I was a valeera main so I also have experience with more assassin specific concepts like intercepting rotations, ganking, etc. I am not completely clueless I don’t know if you know this but your entire play record in League of Legends is recorded and made public, anyone can look up your full statistics down to the most detailed level. Nothing about what you do in game in League of Legends is private short of your chat logs, even your replays are public since they belong to 9 other players. If you where a Smurf account your games would be 30/0 everytime with Akali, with the results of this account, you are about where I would expect a competetant gamer to be as a new player to League. Your winning most of your games (you should be, but an experianced player at this stage you should be able to carry the game 30/0 drunk with one hand). For all intense and purposes you havent actually played League of Legends yet. Hell I’m Level 44, I have worked my way up from Iron IV to Bronze II with I don’t even know how many matches under my belt and ask anyone in League and they will tell you that I’m a complete and total Noob. Now grant it I played the game for several years prior to the whole level cap removal thing, but the highest achievement I have is Silver I and that to most barely registers as an achievement.
: It Is Not The Jungler's Job to Stop You From Feeding: A PSA
My personal experience with Junglers is that they fail at all jobs, whatever they decide or think that is, far more often than they succeed. In general the assumption most Junglers make is that its there job to farm and gank, which typically either works and the game is won, or fails and the game goes wrong. I think the two biggest problems or I should say common failures is 1. They are no objective oriented and 2. They take the route of least resistance. In essence my experience with junglers is that they want kills and they find the simplest and most direct way for that to happen and when they fail to get the kills they blame the team. I would say 30-40% of games I'm in that are lost, are lost because the Jungler totally failed and I would say 50-70% of all games I'm in where their is a toxic chat, its a Jungler going ape shit. Of all the positions in the game, the player that is most commonly a problem on the team is the jungler. Now mind you when you get a good jungler, its game defining, their ability to impact the game in a positive way is huge, but this happens very inconsistently and is far too rare of a thing. I approach every game as a top laner with the assumption the jungler will be useless in the match and I'm rarely disappointed and only occasionally pleasantly surprised.
: > [{quoted}](name=GhostOfTsushima,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ffkORtWI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-10T08:33:55.071+0000) > > Because then it would be easier for Smurf players to just create new account and start busting kids to sleep level 9 is so easy to reach though especially if you're a smurf. But for new players, they're not even allowed to have flash to react to some shit. I still think it's a flawed design.
> [{quoted}](name=GodEmperorVeigar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ffkORtWI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-10T08:35:32.861+0000) > > level 9 is so easy to reach though especially if you're a smurf. But for new players, they're not even allowed to have flash to react to some shit. I still think it's a flawed design. I think the logic is that new players are paired up with other new players so there should be no difference in what is available to them. Aka, they don't have flash, but neither do their opponents. At least that is how it is supposed to work.
HailFall (NA)
: Akali is the most useless champ in the game
> [{quoted}](name=HailFall,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YqjQOwIe,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-10T12:08:48.447+0000) > > She is completely worthless until 6, and even then she is still pretty bad. She needs buffs all around. She is a terrible champion. Eh no. I can only assume from your observation that you are totally new to the game. While you are right that she needs to be careful early game, she is a dominoing freight train waiting to happen in the hands of an experienced player. As a top laner, there are few champions I fear as much as even a moderately fed Akali, her capacity for mayhem level damage output and singling out champions for unstoppable death is terrifying. I find as a player however I prefer her top with me then mid. Top Laning champions can really bully her early on and cause her to domino in the other direction which is critical. Nothing worse than watching Akali get fed in the midlane, its like fortune telling of the horrible shit that is going to happen to you when she is done with the mid lane. She does require some moderate skill to play though, she is definitely not for the uninitiated first time League player, though in the same token she is by no stretch difficult to become really good with.
: Smurfing ruins peoples attempts at climbing
There is no doubt that experience and learning curve are huge defining components that no system will ever be able to account for that create this illusion of smurfing. Contrary to what the community expresses on these forums, it is not at all representative of how the community either behaves, thinks or plays. People are constantly improving, trying to find new champions that work for them, new positions, new strategies, better approaches. In periods when they see large improvements, those "aha" moments they suddenly boost their performance and have uncharacteristic results. I'm a pretty good example of that. 60 games ago I was in Iron IV with a winrate of about 39% which remained roughly unchanged over 30 games. I studied up, kept at it, learned and learned and learned. Suddenly I had a Eureka moment and I became super dominant in my games. My skill level caught up, but my MMR and Division spot where really without much warning completely below my skill level. I had 15 game winning streaks, my winrate shot up to 80% when looking at 10 most recent matches and my impact on games went from "the reason we lost" to "the reason we won" in every single match. When I would take a loss, it was most often due to catastrophic team failures elsewhere, but my movement through my division took me from Iron IV to Bronze II in 30 games. I can totally understand that during those 30 games anyone who played with me might assume I was a Smurf as nothing about how I was playing was characteristic of a typical Iron IV player.
: Smurfing ruins peoples attempts at climbing
There are three things I think you really need to know about League of Legends. The reason RIOT has never done anything about Smurfs is because this is a concept that is severely overstated by the player community. There really is very little evidence that Smurfing is some sort of epidemic. Yeah, some great players restart their accounts, others do it because they got perma banned on their main, but in general the chances of you running into a Smurf in game, a player that very obviously is way above everyone's level is slim to none. There really aren't that many Smurfs out there. I know this because I get accused of being a Smurf constantly and I hear people accusing each other of being Smurfs all the time. I often take the time to investigate the age of a players account his record, his stats. In the better part of a decade I have been playing this game, I have never found anyone I thought was a Smurf that had the stats I would expect someone like that to be a Smurf. You mentioned a specific player that you suspect is a Smurf, give me his account name, lets look him up and see if we can confirm that he really has those stats. I challenge anyone on this forum to do that.
: Leaving a ranked game on your smurf should lock give you a IP banned
As already pointed out, IP ban would have zero impact on the game, it requires no special skills or effort with the vast majority of providers to change your IP (which in most cases happens automatically when you reconnect to the provider). I believe they should give each player a behavior score and given a lot of benefits to good behavior. For example for match making, good behavior players get matched up and have priority in the queue and auto-fill protection, while poorly behaved players get tossed in with each other. You could have a system of approval levels of behavior. For example you can queue by saying anyone with a 90% positive score or higher, that way though you might be in the queue longer you are guaranteed to play with well behaved players. I also think the rewards for having high honors and good behavior should be extremely high. For example double essence for leveling, special reward tiers, advanced access to newly released champions, invitation to "good behavior" divisions and leagues. Make it so that the benefit of being well behaved are so good, that players willingly change their attitudes so they can gain access to them. I also think that people with high honors and a good behavior rating should have more impact when reporting people and people with bad behavior, should have their reporting impact and priority significantly reduced. Punish heavily without banning and reward good behavior, that is the theme to how to fix a toxic community. It would not only improve the behavior but eliminate the benefits and logic of creating smurf accounts.
: Id rather be diamond than a number
> [{quoted}](name=WyvernEgg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzzvNh6E,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-05-08T19:34:17.549+0000) > > Id rather be diamond than a number I agree. To me, someone saying "Hey I'm Diamond", that means something, I know that you went through a lot to get there and you should be proud of your achievement. It says something about your skill, your dedication. It has value. If you said I'm MMR 2001, it means nothing to me if Im 1600. Its kind of like, ah ok your 400 MMR higher... so , yeah your better than me by 400. It really doesn't amount to much as an adjective or descriptor of your accomplishments. I think the main issue is that many people are sitting in a Division and they thing they belong higher and the game is somehow cheating them out of it. This is like the most common sentiment among League players. I
: > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzzvNh6E,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-08T13:42:03.739+0000) > > I'm just curious but lets assume that you know your MMR, what difference does that make? How does that information change anything for you at all? > > Your MMR is used exclusively for matchmaking purposes, it has no bearing on your division and your place in the ranked league. It just determines what opponents are appropriate for you based on a mathematical equation. Your rank defines how good of a player you really are, it is your place in the League and defines how well you have performed, except it does it in an easily digestible fashion. Having a XXXXXXX MMR is rather meaningless unless you understand how its calculated and know how you can effect it and that information no one knows, we can only guess beyond the basic "win games", which effectively is the only goal any player should have in League because lets face it, its the only things that matters. it matters because mmr is what determines your lp gains/losses. if you play in silver 2-gold4 all the time whilst in bronze because ''game must have progression'' it's bulshit. you will lose like 6lp and earn about 28lp for every game until your rank gets close to your mmr at which point you've effectively reached the starting point for like every other game with a ranking system in existence. nobody goes through placements thinking man it would be awesome if i could fight plat players in gold 4 just to climb to the very rank i'm already fighting in. god forbid you just get placed in your rank and mmr goes up or down depending on losses with mmr changes getting less and less with more games played. or preferably based on average stats of a player in that rank. not to mention smurfs making all the games they're in inherently unfair. the fucked up balance where not picking the specific bullshit champions with little to no counterplay and beating everyone anyway through sheer bullshit that other kits can't cope with is basically asking to lose, which actually enhances the unfairness of smurfs, due to the sheer amount of damage/mobility creep. in other words smurfs do less work for better results, while the regular player has to put in way more effort just to get worse results, maybe even not make a difference. (you can switch "smurfs" with "OP champ" and ''regular player'' with "low tier champion" if you want) then there's autofill which again adds on to things. what you're left with is endless frustration just to equalize your mmr and rank. then you get the actual climb where you're supposed to get better and go higher. so do you really believe it wouldn't make a difference? i know it would reduce my frustration levels, which to me matters a lot and would help. i kind of regret not playing the game more back when i enjoyed it more :(
I get what you guys are saying, I'm just pointing out that knowing the secret score that the system uses to place you matches, does no change anything about how you are placed, nor will you be able to act on that information in anyway to affect it. In particular given that even if they gave us the MMR, they wouldn't tell us how its calculated or what impacts it anyway. I mean we used to have a ELO score and that really was pretty meaningless to, it was just a number over which you had virtually no control beyond the simple act of playing and winning games. In the end its just about winning games. > It is relevant because of all the "Riot matchmaking sucks" threads. We keep getting "I'm Iron 3 getting matched with Gold 2s", which are answered (by other players) with "because their MMR sucks or yours is really good", which is EASILY provable (or disputable) if we could SEE the MMR If there was ever an argument not to do it, its in response to stupid forum arguments. > This makes things simple and maintains the "illusion" to give people incentive to climb. But the current (longstanding) system of "you're Rank X, but your MMR is higher, so keep punching buttons like a monkey and EVENTUALLY your rank will be 'correct'" is assinine. Well I don't really get peoples problem with the MMR. RIOT simply recognizes that there is a difference between player skill and player rank, which their most certainly is. For example I'm Bronze III, but I was originally placed in Iron IV because I lost most of my placement matches as I was rusty. I rocketed to Bronze III and I'm still moving up consistently. I'm regularly placed with Silver players and I don't have any trouble with them at all, so the MMR already knows where I'm heading. Were it not for that, I would have to slog through playing with Bronze level players which frankly is just boring as its neither challenging and wildly unpredictable. The MMR puts me in matches with players of my skill.
Vulconix (NA)
: Darius Issues
There may be something to your point. I personally find Darius super easy to counter with Malphite, he is always my bitch top.
: Yea to be honest, objectives don't win you games anymore unless you were already at least even or had some lead over the other team to begin with. Unless it's an Infernal Dragon nothing does anything that provides meaningful stats.. You can't push with Baron when losing every fight, the speed from cloud is worthless when your whole team dies in 2 seconds every fight, objective and tower damage useless when you can't push without dying, and the out of combat health regen doesn't matter when you die before you know what hit you. Being able to fight back is the only viable stat (AKA MORE DAMAGE!), and only Infernal Dragon gives anything to help with that. So yea, if you're going for Infernal Dragon then it's smart (assuming you and the rest of your team aren't dying in the process). Outside of that, it's just not worth it. Preventing enemies from getting fed or getting your teammates fed is always a better option right now than taking any objective.
> [{quoted}](name=Rainbow Slayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m8WuXMBI,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-08T08:22:18.640+0000) > > Yea to be honest, objectives don't win you games anymore unless you were already at least even or had some lead over the other team to begin with. Unless it's an Infernal Dragon nothing does anything that provides meaningful stats.. You can't push with Baron when losing every fight, the speed from cloud is worthless when your whole team dies in 2 seconds every fight, objective and tower damage useless when you can't push without dying, and the out of combat health regen doesn't matter when you die before you know what hit you. > > Being able to fight back is the only viable stat (AKA MORE DAMAGE!), and only Infernal Dragon gives anything to help with that. So yea, if you're going for Infernal Dragon then it's smart (assuming you and the rest of your team aren't dying in the process). Outside of that, it's just not worth it. Preventing enemies from getting fed or getting your teammates fed is always a better option right now than taking any objective. Yeah I have to agree here. Dying for an objective is almost never worth it. There are select scenarios where it might be, but it falls into the same category of tower diving for a kill and then dying. It really doesn't accomplish anything and in many cases, it can work against you since not all champions are made equal.
: Do you consider yourself in the correct Elo?
I find it difficult to know to be honest. Right now I'm Bronze III after slowly moving from Iron IV at the start of the season. Right now I feel like every opponent I face (I play top Malphite main) is way below my skill level. I pretty much own the lane and my opponent in I would say 90% of my games. Until recently I was on winning streaks that went anywhere from 5-15 games and only when I finally hit Bronze III, I found that things are starting to kind of go back and forth (been floating in Bronze III for about 10 games now). I guess that could mean I belong in Bronze III but I honestly feel like my top lane opponents don't offer any challenge even if they play top tier champs like Riven. The game really doesn't get challenging until my team falls behind and we are playing catch up with the odds stacked against us because one of the other lanes fed. Then I get some quality play in.
: IF The only thing that Matters is MMR and Rank Doesnt Worth Shit Then show me My MMR not my RANK
I'm just curious but lets assume that you know your MMR, what difference does that make? How does that information change anything for you at all? Your MMR is used exclusively for matchmaking purposes, it has no bearing on your division and your place in the ranked league. It just determines what opponents are appropriate for you based on a mathematical equation. Your rank defines how good of a player you really are, it is your place in the League and defines how well you have performed, except it does it in an easily digestible fashion. Having a XXXXXXX MMR is rather meaningless unless you understand how its calculated and know how you can effect it and that information no one knows, we can only guess beyond the basic "win games", which effectively is the only goal any player should have in League because lets face it, its the only things that matters.
: > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=41Kk2Asu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-08T09:03:43.816+0000) > > Yeah I have to disagree, though in fairness I play Malphite and I usually start with an AD build so I have a lot of harass. I also play in Bronze III and I feel my player skill is usually higher than my opponents, I win my lane I would say 90% of the time and I'm usually ganking mid fairly early in the game. > > I do agree however that just going pure tank is just not a thing anymore in League. That said I think top laners have a lot of impact on the game. > > 1. You bring utility. When you run a proper top lane champion like Malphite, you are bringing serious utility to the game. I might not survive many team fights, but as a front liner, surviving team fights is not your job, making sure your team wins them is and this is one of the biggest influences a top laner brings to the table. With champions like Malphite you are often the defining reason team fights are won and I love that impact on the game. The fact that often you end up upside down on your KDA ratios is irrelevant. > > I can say that I get honors in almost every game I ever play in, win or lose and regardless of my score. This is due largely to the high visibility and impact you have on the game and people appreciate it as it gives them a fighting chance. > > 2. Shut down wanna be carries. In the current meta, many play what are effectively carry champs, trying to bully you out of a lane. With good technique, if as a proper top laner you can deny them the kills they desperately need and keep them occupied in the top lane, by mid game he is useless to his team and doubly so because most of these champs like Vayne that people are playing lack utility and have zero impact on the game if they aren't fed properly. This is a more subtle impact that people might not notice or even give you credit for, but when the lane phase is over and your effectively playing 5vs4, you know you have done your job. > > 3. It's easy to stay safe and proper top lane champs dont need a lot of farm. This is the big one. These wanna be top laning champions MUST have a high rate of farm and really most MUSt get some kills, however as a proper top lane champion (aka tanky bruisers) you really don't need a lot of farm to be effective which means that if you are getting leaned on in the lane you can play safe and with proper warding and technique this is very easy to do. The end result is that you can remain effective even if you are not totally dominating the lane, but your "wanna be top laner" can't. It really boils down to the fact that when you have a stale mate top lane, that is still a win. The pressure is on them, they must totally dominate the lane or they will be ineffective mid/late game. > > In fact most of my games result in total top lane stale mates and the top laner becomes so desperate for a kill that they prematurely roam looking for it, often giving them the edge and ultimately advantage in the match. In a way, as a tanky bruiser the only way you can lose your lane is to die because getting kills is the only way these Vayne type champs can stay relevant in the match. > > I love playing top lane and I especially love playing against champions not really built for top lane, champions like Vayne are easy wins. Not to be rude but I dont think Bronze gives you an accurate view of the state of well, anything in League besides toxicity of people of course. I could play anything in Bronze and make it work to carry with just because people's mechanics are so poor in it. It's not that platinum is that "high" as for skill considering thats where i've always been besides Diamond last season. The game works totally differently in higher elo and you really start to see whats actually viable and where the big carry potential is. Right now its bot lane because of the crit changes once again, as well as mid lane as usual too. Like i said, it's not like Top can't carry everyone has carried in like any role they've played before, but im talking about the likelihood of it. I've been carry countless times more in mid just because it is so much easier to be push and roam to either lane as well as being by both major objectives. Also to lead off of part of what you said, utility doesn't mean jack shit if your team doesn't capitalize on the opportunities you give them. Therefore, why not BE the carry instead of being the one who brings the CC/Utility to the fight and hoping the team reacts to your plays? This is all assuming your team didn't lose in their own roles as well while you were simply stuck Top lane for half the game or more, you are forced to use teleport simply to get back to lane as well depending on the matchup so there goes the biggest roaming/gank potential you have. Another big mistake of how you think personally is when you said "The end result is that you can remain effective even if you are not totally dominating the lane, but your "wanna be top laner" can't. It really boils down to the fact that when you have a stale mate top lane, that is still a win. The pressure is on them, they must totally dominate the lane or they will be ineffective mid/late game. " This right here is what i was complaining about, many times it IS a stalemate top lane, and therefore you and the enemy top laner both hope that your team is the one that is winning in the other roles because of it. AND to go off of what i said too, even if you do manage to win it, by the time teamfights start it wont matter because its likely their bot/jungle/mid won or more often a combination of them got fed off of 3v2s or whatever. Top laners also spend the most time away from their team typically because of their lane being so damn far away and often having to push it out, so prepare to pinged that its your fault when someone gets caught on your team cause they will be wondering where you were the whole time when you were doing your job pushing/defending turret before you could roam back to them.
> [{quoted}](name=Slim Gragas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=41Kk2Asu,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-08T09:35:36.865+0000) > > Not to be rude but I dont think Bronze gives you an accurate view of the state of well, anything in League besides toxicity of people of course. I could play anything in Bronze and make it work to carry with just because people's mechanics are so poor in it. It's not that platinum is that "high" as for skill considering thats where i've always been besides Diamond last season. The game works totally differently in higher elo and you really start to see whats actually viable and where the big carry potential is. Right now its bot lane because of the crit changes once again, as well as mid lane as usual too. Like i said, it's not like Top can't carry everyone has carried in like any role they've played before, but im talking about the likelihood of it. I've been carry countless times more in mid just because it is so much easier to be push and roam to either lane as well as being by both major objectives. Also to lead off of part of what you said, utility doesn't mean jack shit if your team doesn't capitalize on the opportunities you give them. Therefore, why not BE the carry instead of being the one who brings the CC/Utility to the fight and hoping the team reacts to your plays? This is all assuming your team didn't lose in their own roles as well while you were simply stuck Top lane for half the game or more, you are forced to use teleport simply to get back to lane as well depending on the matchup so there goes the biggest roaming/gank potential you have. > > Another big mistake of how you think personally is when you said > "The end result is that you can remain effective even if you are not totally dominating the lane, but your "wanna be top laner" can't. It really boils down to the fact that when you have a stale mate top lane, that is still a win. The pressure is on them, they must totally dominate the lane or they will be ineffective mid/late game. " > > This right here is what i was complaining about, many times it IS a stalemate top lane, and therefore you and the enemy top laner both hope that your team is the one that is winning in the other roles because of it. AND to go off of what i said too, even if you do manage to win it, by the time teamfights start it wont matter because its likely their bot/jungle/mid won or more often a combination of them got fed off of 3v2s or whatever. Top laners also spend the most time away from their team typically because of their lane being so damn far away and often having to push it out, so prepare to pinged that its your fault when someone gets caught on your team cause they will be wondering where you were the whole time when you were doing your job pushing/defending turret before you could roam back to them. No offense taken, I'm Bronze III, I'm here because this is where my skill is at for the moment :) and I'm perfectly fine with it. To be honest, it's just nice to have a conversation with someone who doesn't tell me to get cancer and go F-myself! As mentioned in my post, my perspective as a Bronze III player I'm certain has a lot to do with my outlook on the game and really my knowledge about the game and my understanding of tactics/strategy etc... are for Bronze III and though I definitely feel myself advancing and improving (I started in Iron IV this season), I do feel that what I know is applicable and works in the division I'm at. Which is to say, may and as you point most likely is very different in higher divisions as it certainly was when I was in lower division. Still I do believe that in many ways, League of Legends and the Riot team have to decide who they will cater to. My understanding is that the overwhelming majority of all League players exist in Iron to silver division and those that don't play ranked would likely based on their skill/mmr etc.. end up their if they did play ranked. So the question is, do you cater to the elite, higher divisions which are made up of considerably fewer players playing at much higher skill levels or do you cater to the lower divisions where most people are. I really believe there is a big difference in the meta's and what constitutes a problem in balance and fixing it for one side can break it for the other, which goes both ways. I'm sure it's a tough call for RIOT and I do believe much of the discussion/debate about what they should be balancing (nerfing/boosting) and the types of decisions they make are good or bad depending on your current perspective experience in the game. For example you point out my "big mistake in thinking", and I'm sure if I was playing in Platinum Division you are absolutely right, but I promise you that in Bronze you are not. Stalemating a lane against a champ like Vayne for example that is not intended for the lane and fails to get its farm and kills it needs is an absolute positive win. In fact, I attribute most of my success in climbing the ladder from Iron IV to Bronze III based solely on this tactic. The reason it works is that in my division, players really don't know how to avoid death, as such, a underdeveloped Vayne does little more than die, but an underdeveloped Malphite is still an very deadly instrument thanks to his incredible lock down capability, something that in my division people simply do not know how to avoid, counter or deal with. Its fearsomely OP in my division and a pretty well kept secret based on the stats. People continue to play the Temo's, Vaynes and the like in Top Lane because it probably works against many opponents, but it really is not much of a challenge to anticipate and counter teams champions (at these skill levels) with a champion like Malphite for example. The stale mating tactic, at least for now, is working extremely effectively and in most of my matches, my opponent tires of the dance, starts taking unescessary risks which I capitalize on and turn to a major advantage. These players and these champions don't have the patience or time for the top lane dance and I believe much of the failure of tanky bruisers attributes to the failure of these champions.
: Top lane seems more autofilled than support because of poor balance.
Yeah I have to disagree, though in fairness I play Malphite and I usually start with an AD build so I have a lot of harass. I also play in Bronze III and I feel my player skill is usually higher than my opponents, I win my lane I would say 90% of the time and I'm usually ganking mid fairly early in the game. I do agree however that just going pure tank is just not a thing anymore in League. That said I think top laners have a lot of impact on the game. 1. You bring utility. When you run a proper top lane champion like Malphite, you are bringing serious utility to the game. I might not survive many team fights, but as a front liner, surviving team fights is not your job, making sure your team wins them is and this is one of the biggest influences a top laner brings to the table. With champions like Malphite you are often the defining reason team fights are won and I love that impact on the game. The fact that often you end up upside down on your KDA ratios is irrelevant. I can say that I get honors in almost every game I ever play in, win or lose and regardless of my score. This is due largely to the high visibility and impact you have on the game and people appreciate it as it gives them a fighting chance. 2. Shut down wanna be carries. In the current meta, many play what are effectively carry champs, trying to bully you out of a lane. With good technique, if as a proper top laner you can deny them the kills they desperately need and keep them occupied in the top lane, by mid game he is useless to his team and doubly so because most of these champs like Vayne that people are playing lack utility and have zero impact on the game if they aren't fed properly. This is a more subtle impact that people might not notice or even give you credit for, but when the lane phase is over and your effectively playing 5vs4, you know you have done your job. 3. It's easy to stay safe and proper top lane champs dont need a lot of farm. This is the big one. These wanna be top laning champions MUST have a high rate of farm and really most MUSt get some kills, however as a proper top lane champion (aka tanky bruisers) you really don't need a lot of farm to be effective which means that if you are getting leaned on in the lane you can play safe and with proper warding and technique this is very easy to do. The end result is that you can remain effective even if you are not totally dominating the lane, but your "wanna be top laner" can't. It really boils down to the fact that when you have a stale mate top lane, that is still a win. The pressure is on them, they must totally dominate the lane or they will be ineffective mid/late game. In fact most of my games result in total top lane stale mates and the top laner becomes so desperate for a kill that they prematurely roam looking for it, often giving them the edge and ultimately advantage in the match. In a way, as a tanky bruiser the only way you can lose your lane is to die because getting kills is the only way these Vayne type champs can stay relevant in the match. I love playing top lane and I especially love playing against champions not really built for top lane, champions like Vayne are easy wins.
: Why is Riven God-Tier in Top Lane? Why do people HATE playing against her?
I know this won't be a popular opinion but I actually have no trouble with Riven at all. She is predictable, fairly easy to harass with champions that have harass and she scales very poorly if she is denied farm and kills, which notably is your primary responsibility as a top laner.. aka, don't die and harass to prevent farming. Now I use Malphite and currently play in Bronze III so there may something to Malph being a counter for Riven and or simply the skill level of players in my division. Generally I find most of my game match ups to be quite easy in this division so I think my personal skill has outgrown the division I'm in which might explain why Riven has never been a problem for me. I find champions like Vayne very easy to counter as well, and thats another one people often complain about. For me, the problem champions are those that have really good creep push and health regen, or have stacking abilities. For example Olaf I find very difficult to play against, Nasu and Yorick fit the bill as well and one of my least favorite to face top lane today is {{champion:420}} , which has unmatched lane control. All that said I do think Riven is really good, I've seen a lot of champions in this game become absolutely unstoppable, but Riven really stands out sometimes as a champion that, once feed is absolutely unstoppable. She can definitely domino like crazy, so it's really important to keep her in check. I find when facing her top lane you really have to keep her busy, prevent her from being able to roam and really get on top of harassing the shit out of her early and hard. I looked at my match history to see how I fared against Riven in the recent past and in the few matches she appears which is really few, I think about 3 times in the last 50 matches, I matched or owned her. Not bragging, just pointing out that the stats for me at least, match my opinion and observation. She is definitely a great champion, in fact, I have seriously considered picking her up because I really love the mobility and I think I can learn to play her well, but I personally don't consider her OP in the slightest. With a 52% winrate on average across EW at least, she definitely measures up, but being a great champion doesn't mean she is OP, in fact her winrate is generally trending downwards at the moment at least.
: New vs. Old Divisions
I definitely prefer these divisions to the old ones and agree that even more division is better. There is a wide spread of skills in League of Legends and a pretty massive community. The more divisions we have the less poorly matched games we will have.
Suzami (NA)
: Had a teammate I wish more people were like
I used to offer people advice and give suggestions but the truth is that the community is so toxic, this sort of thing is usually met with profanity, threats and unwarranted reporting. It's unfortunate but this community, barring some exceptions is pretty atrocious and it's simply not worth the constant harassment to try to educate new players on how to improve their game... at least not in game, but even outside of the game there is a tremendous amount of harassment. Check out the chat logs on tutorial and advice videos on Youtube, the commentary is as bad there as it is in game. Being able to take some criticism and advice takes maturity and there is a serious shortage of that in the community.
: Why Riot Could Easily Create A "Troll" Detection System
I think there is a fine line between intentional and just poor play. No computer is going to be able to figure that out no matter how much statistics you look at. What the League elite want is people to get punished for playing badly and there is already a setting for that, it's called MMR. Intentionally throwing the game is nearly impossible to prove short of simply admitting it in chat (aka, screw you guys I feed) which notably is pretty much the only time anyone ever gets punished for intentional feeding. If you end a game with something truly atrocious like 0/30/0 you might trigger some investigation, but generally speaking sucking at League is not against the rules and proving that you are sucking on purpose is nearly impossible. The system you describe would punish people for sucking at League and or having bad games which RIOT will NEVER do and they have said this publicly on a number of occasions.
: Banned after someone threatened to kill my family
Dude you should be banned for your grammar and spelling!
Imaktipik (EUNE)
: Usually you get feedback if you reported someone. I tought maybe they didn't sent me that so I checked his match history and he played 2 or 3 games after that. When I got 14 day ban as soon as game finished I queued up in another game and got banned there.
> [{quoted}](name=Imaktipik,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FokV4r7o,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-05-06T15:25:17.141+0000) > > Usually you get feedback if you reported someone. I tought maybe they didn't sent me that so I checked his match history and he played 2 or 3 games after that. When I got 14 day ban as soon as game finished I queued up in another game and got banned there. Actually that's really not how it works at all. Your working with some common misconceptions. You never get any information about what happens to other player accounts, even if you open a ticket, there is never any feedback about people you report or what happens to them. It also takes more than one report in most cases to get banned for anything. If you are usually none toxic and you tell someone to go F' themselves, you really have nothing to worry about. The system targets repeat offenders. It's rare for someone to get banned even temporarily on their first offense, most commonly you get a chat timeout which would allow a player to keep playing. Its only if you have already been warned that you can get temp banned and notably if you have already been warned, reports against you are scrutinized more frequently and if your up for a permanent ban in person by RIOT staff. Also if someone opens a ticket on you for toxicity or multiple players do, it will be reviewed by a RIOT employee rather quickly. The automated system is quite slow, most likely you were banned by a RIOT employee if it happen that fast. The automated system is actually quite slow, most report that they got banned 2-3 days after said incident. Finally and this is the big misconception, no one cares what someone said to you, when they chat logs are reviewed they only look at the person that is being reported. No matter who started it, how toxic they where or whatever, its all ignored, the only thing that matters to the reviewer is what you did and said. Chances are this person is usually not toxic, as such he probably got away with it or less likely but possible he did get warned and simply got a chat ban. You should know that once you are warned and in particular after you have been temp banned, your account will get scrutinized far harsher then normal. People have been perma banned for simple things like saying EZ at the end of a game or calling someone a noob. Once you have been warned, you simply cannot say anything even remotely negative or you account will get deleted. This forum is full of people who can tell you that story. You are on the radar, my suggestion is, if you can't control yourself /mute all at the start of the game and say nothing.. period.
Imaktipik (EUNE)
: I got restrict but other guy should have been perma banned
How do you know they didn't get punished?
: > Normal is "practice" End smug reply, question was literally why is someone allowed to play a champ they have never/only played a few times, I wouldn't say it's out of the question to force ~10 games on a champ before playing it in ranked, bots are available, "practice normals" are available, hell even aram gives you a feel for a champ after a few times, but a teammate picking a champ they've never played just to counterpick their lane puts them at a massive disadvantage, which in this snowball burst meta puts your team at an even bigger disadvantage.
> [{quoted}](name=BackdoorPrincess,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x5d8fkv0,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-06T12:39:23.007+0000) > > End smug reply, question was literally why is someone allowed to play a champ they have never/only played a few times, I wouldn't say it's out of the question to force ~10 games on a champ before playing it in ranked, bots are available, "practice normals" are available, hell even aram gives you a feel for a champ after a few times, but a teammate picking a champ they've never played just to counterpick their lane puts them at a massive disadvantage, which in this snowball burst meta puts your team at an even bigger disadvantage. Yeah I don't think you are getting it. Just play out the scenario. You join a ranked game, you que up with your main top and support bottom. You are autofilled into the jungle, the champion you might have some familiarity with gets picked or banned by the opposing team. This scenario happens all the time. > no...co-op vs ai is practice Really? Are you sure? So your saying that a person that plays a champion 10 times in Co-Op is ready to join your team in ranked play? The only way to get experience in ranked play is to play ranked. Co-Op and Normal are entirely different games and even if you do practice like hell with every champion you can get your hands on, at any given time you only really know a handful of champions. You will eventually due to circumstances of drafting and autofills be forced to play champions you are not familiar with. Hell I have been playing for the better part of a decade. For a couple of years I played Jungle exclusively, that does not qualify me to do it today, two years ago is two years ago, it may as well be 30 years ago. The best thing for any player to do is as soon as they hit level 30, start playing ranked. That's where you get the best practice, the best competition. Yeah you will lose a bunch of games and end up playing in low divisions, but that is where you belong so its the right place for you.
Mannny (NA)
: Why are players allowed to play champs they have no experience on in ranked?
There is a misconception about ranked play. It is the default mode for League of Legends, the most standard way to play. Normal is "practice" and nothing you do there qualifies you to play in ranked. Only playing in ranked, qualifies you to play ranked. As such, rank is divided into many divisions of play and depending on your skill as a player (not with a champion, but as a player) you are placed into your appropriate division. As such if your an Iron IV player for example, its assumed you are a general nooby and are playing at the lowest skill level, again, as a player, not as a player playing a specific champion. Every player before entering ranked must achieve 30 levels on their account in normal games, intended to assure you understand the rules and flow of the game, it does not assume that you are a professional player or that you are an expert with every champion, this is a significant amount of experience with the game, again, as a player, not as a player with a specific champion. Every aspect of this game is geared towards the player and while there are mastery systems and some system bias towards playing champions you are familiar with, there are also automations in place that could conceivably force you to play a champion you are not familiar with. For example your mains get banned, you get autofilled into a position you don't normally play, or as a result of someone on the opposite team picking the champs you normally play. This happens to everyone from time to time and we all find ourselves forced to play positions and champions that we don't know anything about. The assumption is, that as a player with 30 levels of experience you should be able to pick up any champion or any position and play with a reasonable amount of skill and that is a part of the intended challenge for players. For example I normally play Malphite Top or Nami as support. Now if I get autofilled as a Jungler, I will definitely be playing at a major disadvantage as I neither know the position well or the champions for those positions. Still, I'm a reasonably experienced player and its expected as part of the competitive scene that I will work it out.
: Toxicity seems to be ramping up for the summer.
/mute all problem solved, consultation free of charge.
: I got a permanent ban and i believe it is unfair and this is why
> Toxicity is something that we see in every game and not just video games but also professional sports it is something that is a part of the game. This is true, but the consequences in every video game and sport for toxicity are severely punished as well in particular as it applies to players of the sport. What happens when you trash talk a referee in Football or Soccer? Yeah, you get a penalty or get ejected from the game. The fact that it happens, does not mean anyone should be ok with it and the tolerance for these things is getting shorter and punishments more severe because it has absolutely no place in competitive E-Sports or Sports. We play E-Sports to compete, not to listen to some man child run his mouth.
: Being bullied as a new player is not fun
/mute all There should be an option in the game to have that be the default for all games. I have never once been harassed in this because I give ZERO f's about my teams opinions, they are nothing to me
: Permanently Banned for toxicity
When something looks hard to believe, it usually is. I call BS, that chat log has been altered.
: > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HqWO2XUf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-04T11:08:53.711+0000) > > The way I see it, at least based on forum discussion there are three core issues that have nothing to do with Riot and everything to do with the communities attitude. > > First is the concept of balance. > > People complain about balance but they do so 30 seconds after they got their butts handed to them in a match and frankly I would say 50% of all Champions in the game are referred to as "broken" on this forum on a daily basis and the other 50% are referred to as "useless". There are only extreme opinions on this forum, its always a black or white topic and there is rarely any real analysis done, fact based conversations or anything even approaching a discussion. Its X champion is completely OP, impossible to win against, the world is ending and if you disagree, here is your list of profanities. > > The truth is that the game is actually extremely balanced, sure, periodically minor adjustments need to be made based on actual results, analysis and facts, but those types of discussions don't take place here on the forum. > > Just some examples. > > Just today there was a post that Fizz is a cancer, OP, impossible to beat, broken, anyone who disagrees clearly mains him and unless RIOT does something today the guy was quitting forever. Its really hard to take that seriously, but looking into it, the reality is quite different. > > Fizz barely breaks into the top 50 (48th place) in terms of win rate. His pick rate is less then 7% which is on its best day average. His ban rate barely breaks 5% which is way below average and he generally trends downwards. > > There is nothing about the Fizz's result that suggest that he is OP, broken or in any way shape or form a unbalanced element to the game. Its true that he requires special care when dealing with him but this is true about a great deal of champions, but there is nothing at all about his success rate in League that is even noteworthy. > > The second thing is sportsmanship. > > In League of Legends, every player thinks himself a pro and anyone that beats them is clearly leveraging unbalanced mechanics and its RIOTs fault. This personality trait is like a disease in League of Legends. In other words, if a player loses, its always someone elses fault, its game balance or whatever else you want to point out as the problem but in 10 years you will rarely ever see someone come on the forums and say "hey this player is amazing, he whooped me, he deserved the win, he was just better then me". In the eyes of this community that is simply an impossibility, there is no such thing as a better player then them. If you win, your cheating, period... > > Third and perhaps most importantly is trolling > I would say 90% of all posts on this forum are just straight up Troll Posts. They are made as a way to get revenge against RIOT for being the root cause of their problem. > > All of this infiltrates the game and I find most vets that get exhausted from this constant barrage of negativity start believing it. The reality is that League of Legends is an amazing game. Its competitive, hence inherently a game that creates conflict, but it is far superior to any other MOBA out there and quite possibly one of the best E-Sports on the market today. In order to embrace that reality and enjoy the game however you really have to ignore the vast majority of this community, they paint a picture of a reality that does not exist and they use this forum and in game chat as their canvas, but frankly its just bullshit. > > People simply can't handle losing and don't know how to take responsibility for it. 1. You can't force Random people who don't know each other to work with each other. 2. If the game was balanced enough there would be very little posts on the boards about it. 3. There is no incentive to work with team mates in the game. Each player in every match fights to be the most fed player on the team. You do not get rewarded for healing a team mate, You do not get rewarded for placing a ward, you do not get rewarded for taking X amounts of damage for a team mate. There is no incentive. The only incentive they give you is gold for killing a player, and very little gold for helping kill that said player. That's the game, and that's the influence each player gets none stop every match. 4. The reason why the game is more toxic then it was years ago is because of time. Back in the day the matches would last for about 50 to 60 mins. Each player had enough time do get skilled with the champs they want to main, and each player had a sold chance to turn the match around if they are good enough with there champ. Team fights could last long enough to learn new skills, and understand how to kite, and zone. players also were able to do all kinds of builds that made many matches much more fun. Towers were a challenge to take down, and had felt so rewarding when you got one down. In today's league of Legends the matches are very short. Ranging from 15 to 27 mins on avg with very few games being over the 30 min mark. That amount of time leaves very little windows open for new players to learn anything, and let alone get the chance to turn there lane around. Jungle gets hurt the most with this change because the jungle now has to always gank none stop. They are forced to farm very little because of how fast the matches progress. most lanes are won or loss in just 10 mins of game play. It takes jungles normally 4 mins or so to get all the camps. The biggest hurt of all with the changes made was to tanks. Removing all those extra stats from ruins we had made tanking at the start of match almost impossible. That's what gave rise to so many mages, and assassins down bot, and top. Very few tank champs get much play compared to the old game, and you have a better chance at winning trolling a fizz,brand,talon bot vs a normal support that cant take much in hits, and does less damage. So far Riot seems to like high damage, and fast matches. I don't think they plan to bring tanks back. So I would expect most games to be very weird match ups like fizz and talon bot, or a yasu and teemo bot, and so on. No matter what the game will only get worse as time moves on, and you should accept it, or find a better game.
> [{quoted}](name=Ash Lockheart,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HqWO2XUf,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-04T12:20:10.476+0000) > > 1. You can't force Random people who don't know each other to work with each other. > > 2. If the game was balanced enough there would be very little posts on the boards about it. > > 3. There is no incentive to work with team mates in the game. Each player in every match fights to be the most fed player on the team. You do not get rewarded for healing a team mate, You do not get rewarded for placing a ward, you do not get rewarded for taking X amounts of damage for a team mate. There is no incentive. The only incentive they give you is gold for killing a player, and very little gold for helping kill that said player. That's the game, and that's the influence each player gets none stop every match. > > 4. The reason why the game is more toxic then it was years ago is because of time. Back in the day the matches would last for about 50 to 60 mins. Each player had enough time do get skilled with the champs they want to main, and each player had a sold chance to turn the match around if they are good enough with there champ. Team fights could last long enough to learn new skills, and understand how to kite, and zone. players also were able to do all kinds of builds that made many matches much more fun. Towers were a challenge to take down, and had felt so rewarding when you got one down. > > In today's league of Legends the matches are very short. Ranging from 15 to 27 mins on avg with very few games being over the 30 min mark. That amount of time leaves very little windows open for new players to learn anything, and let alone get the chance to turn there lane around. Jungle gets hurt the most with this change because the jungle now has to always gank none stop. They are forced to farm very little because of how fast the matches progress. most lanes are won or loss in just 10 mins of game play. It takes jungles normally 4 mins or so to get all the camps. The biggest hurt of all with the changes made was to tanks. Removing all those extra stats from ruins we had made tanking at the start of match almost impossible. That's what gave rise to so many mages, and assassins down bot, and top. Very few tank champs get much play compared to the old game, and you have a better chance at winning trolling a fizz,brand,talon bot vs a normal support that cant take much in hits, and does less damage. So far Riot seems to like high damage, and fast matches. I don't think they plan to bring tanks back. So I would expect most games to be very weird match ups like fizz and talon bot, or a yasu and teemo bot, and so on. > > No matter what the game will only get worse as time moves on, and you should accept it, or find a better game. I disagree with everything you just said there. 1. Yes you can, in fact, every single game of league of legends in the solo game ever played is strangers being put together and forced to work things out in game, in fact, the entire realm of online gaming consistancy of almost exclusively this one concept. People do it and they are very accustomed to doing. 2. Seriously? Is this your first day on the internet? 3. Wrong. The Incentive is that every player in every game of League wants to win. That is the incentive. The only people who go off on their own and play just for kills can be found in the Iron Division. 4. The game is not more toxic than it was years ago, in fact I would say in the roughly 10 years I have been playing League, right now is the least toxic this game has ever been perhaps with Iron division being the exception, at least as far as Ranked goes. I havent played Normal in a long time so I have No idea what is going on there. 5. Matches are shorter and the game is better for it. There is absolutly No benefit to dragging matches to 50-60 minutes, all that does is guarantee that half the matches are never finished which coincidently was the most common problem back in the day. In fact I would say in the early years of League 80% of all matches I ever played had at least one person leave before the match was over, finishing a game with 10 players at the end of a hour long match was practically unheard of.
: What keeps you all still playing this game?
The way I see it, at least based on forum discussion there are three core issues that have nothing to do with Riot and everything to do with the communities attitude. First is the concept of balance. People complain about balance but they do so 30 seconds after they got their butts handed to them in a match and frankly I would say 50% of all Champions in the game are referred to as "broken" on this forum on a daily basis and the other 50% are referred to as "useless". There are only extreme opinions on this forum, its always a black or white topic and there is rarely any real analysis done, fact based conversations or anything even approaching a discussion. Its X champion is completely OP, impossible to win against, the world is ending and if you disagree, here is your list of profanities. The truth is that the game is actually extremely balanced, sure, periodically minor adjustments need to be made based on actual results, analysis and facts, but those types of discussions don't take place here on the forum. Just some examples. Just today there was a post that Fizz is a cancer, OP, impossible to beat, broken, anyone who disagrees clearly mains him and unless RIOT does something today the guy was quitting forever. Its really hard to take that seriously, but looking into it, the reality is quite different. Fizz barely breaks into the top 50 (48th place) in terms of win rate. His pick rate is less then 7% which is on its best day average. His ban rate barely breaks 5% which is way below average and he generally trends downwards. There is nothing about the Fizz's result that suggest that he is OP, broken or in any way shape or form a unbalanced element to the game. Its true that he requires special care when dealing with him but this is true about a great deal of champions, but there is nothing at all about his success rate in League that is even noteworthy. The second thing is sportsmanship. In League of Legends, every player thinks himself a pro and anyone that beats them is clearly leveraging unbalanced mechanics and its RIOTs fault. This personality trait is like a disease in League of Legends. In other words, if a player loses, its always someone elses fault, its game balance or whatever else you want to point out as the problem but in 10 years you will rarely ever see someone come on the forums and say "hey this player is amazing, he whooped me, he deserved the win, he was just better then me". In the eyes of this community that is simply an impossibility, there is no such thing as a better player then them. If you win, your cheating, period... Third and perhaps most importantly is trolling I would say 90% of all posts on this forum are just straight up Troll Posts. They are made as a way to get revenge against RIOT for being the root cause of their problem. All of this infiltrates the game and I find most vets that get exhausted from this constant barrage of negativity start believing it. The reality is that League of Legends is an amazing game. Its competitive, hence inherently a game that creates conflict, but it is far superior to any other MOBA out there and quite possibly one of the best E-Sports on the market today. In order to embrace that reality and enjoy the game however you really have to ignore the vast majority of this community, they paint a picture of a reality that does not exist and they use this forum and in game chat as their canvas, but frankly its just bullshit. People simply can't handle losing and don't know how to take responsibility for it.
: I am afraid to say anything in chat after my 2 week ban. Am I alone?
Considering there is a strange consensus on these forums that toxic players never get banned and the whole reporting system doesn't work, there sure are a lot of nervous people scared to get banned on there. The banning and reporting system works and you have nothing to fear in chat or on the forums if you simply don't say anything offensive, rude and unsportsmen like. I find it really strange that people have such a hard time with this.
: How Many Games one Player should troll to get banned?
HON? Really? HON has/had one of the most toxic communities I have ever seen in any game period. They make League of Legends look like a monk sanctuary by comparison. In League of Legends someone might feed and curse you out, in HON they are actively trying to find out where you live so that they can murder you in your sleep.
: Tank itemization
I'm no designer so I don't know what the solution is, but these days even when I'm playing a tank (which is most of the time --> Malphite) I build towards AD more than tank because frankly it's just more effective against the types of top laners you get these days. That said I definitely prefer to play my role (the tank), it's just not really plausible or effective in early game to do so. Its far better to be able to harass and push back as you really can't get beefy enough early to mid game to challenge most (almost want to say all) non tank top laners. The advantage of a tank is to be tanky, to be able to take the hits and push on but that just is not the case in League right now, at least not at my level, perhaps it's different at higher divisions. With Malphite for example I start my build with {{item:1056}} and build towards {{item:3285}} in early game. I typically don't see much in the way of tank items like {{item:3075}} or {{item:3068}} until mid game and more often than not I will push for a {{item:3135}} because its usually more advantageous for my team to burst damage with CC, than it is to have survivability. It's why I often win matches with an upside down Kill/Death ratio as I tend to sacrifice for the CC, due a bunch of damage, die horribly while my team cleans up for the win. It's become almost a quasi support role at this point but suffice to say I'm rarely the super tank I could be late game.
: I'm sick and tired of this game
League of Legends is on its best day a time waster past time used to distract you when the weather is bad, if you put more stock into it than that you have very serious mental issues you should address immediately.
: Has Matchmaking Ever Been Worse?
The main issue is that its so easy for any system to get a false negative as result of player experimentation, circumstances of match ups and all manner of other variables. Its also important to note that its very easy to have a bad match and still win. Like its not uncommon to lose your lane, get crushed and abused the whole match and still pull out a win thanks to your teams carry. For that, the elo should suffer because even though you won, you played terrible but in this system, it looks at that and says ”well you must have done something right”. I don’t think your win/loss record should influence Elo. Performance in a match has far more important indicators than that. A player that loses a match with a 5-0 record is likely a good player in a bad match up, his elo should be going up not down. Not getting killed and still doing well in a match your losing is a sign of a skilled player, definitly more skilled than someone who wins a match with a 0-10, especially a non-support role. Still given total control of the game, I’m not sure how I would design a good matchmaking system. Its not an easy thing with so many variables and things to consider. Non the less, i agree the matchmaking system requires some work, its strange to be a Bronze IV player getting match up with silver and gold players. That just doesn’t make sense.
y0r1ck (NA)
: I don't take responsibility for my opponent's fun, I'm not focused on my fun either. I want to win, and usually fun takes a backseat.
> [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9o1OitB7,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-22T17:34:57.792+0000) > > I don't take responsibility for my opponent's fun, I'm not focused on my fun either. I want to win, and usually fun takes a backseat. Agreed. To me this is a competition, my goal is to win, which usually means I’m trying to punish/crush my opponent using whatever method acomplishes than and repeat that until they either surrender or we take the base. Fun? Winning is fun, so yeah I’m always having fun when I’m winning. I will admit that I prefer matches that are a challenge, where I can see that if we don’t play well we will lose and that there is tactics/strategy that needs to be applied in order to win. So I do think challenging games are more fun than ones where our opponents are clearly outmatched and we just crush it regardless. But in the end, its winning that matters.
: Vayne's ranked statistics are hysterical
I personally ban her every game by default but its really just a tactic of mathematics. The best champions to ban are always the ones that are most commonly picked. Denying someone a champion they want to play is the most sure fire way to disrupt their game, screw picking and counter picking. Champs that should be auto banned by every-time are Ezreal, Kai'Sa, Lee Sin, Thresh and Vayne. You ban those champions in any match and you are practically guaranteed that at least 1-2 players are not going to be running their main and in low Elo where most people live, this is the most sure fire way to kick of a match with an advantage. Champs I see being banned often in low elo is like Udyr, Tryndamere, Heimerdinger, Diana and Nasus ... which begs the question why? These champions have some of the lowest pick rates in the game, in 90% of the games, no one was going to pick them anyway. I'm sure its different in higher Elo's .. but if your in Iron-Gold, play the odds.
: > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kzL1iZ4K,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-04-15T08:41:20.418+0000) > > I call bullshit! > > I'm 100% certain that the vast majority of games are lost for 1 of 2 reasons and they are both Jungler related. > > 1. The Enemy Jungler outperforms the team jungler. > This easily makes up 50% of all losses in League of Legends. A Jungler that ganks successfully will domino the game faster than everything else combined. > > 2. The Team Jungler Fails his support role. > A Team jungler that can't get past his ego and understand that when a lane is being lost its his job to support that lane, and instead whines about feeding in chat makes up the other 50% of the reason games are lost. > > Look.. Lanes get lost and it most often happens because the enemy jungler is supporting the lanes hard, fast and often. If your a jungler, all three lanes are your lanes, they are your responsibility. In many ways the jungler is the team leader. If the enemy jungler is ganking your lanes and your response is to bitch about it in chat, trust me, you are the reason the game is being lost. > > Oh and obvious bot voting is obvious, you have disgraced yourself! Using bots to vote on your own topic is right up their with telling us how hot your girlfriend in Canada is... yes... we all believe you. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} If I warded out the enemy jungler, warn everyone that the gank is coming and my laner still dies to it, especially multiple times, that isn't me being out jungler, that's my laner making my opppnent's job exponentially easier. Makes mine harder too because the response, gank the other 2 lanes, is very predictable. I always call out where I suspect the enemy is pathing but I can't force people to chill for 10 seconds.
> [{quoted}](name=Troy242621,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kzL1iZ4K,comment-id=00120001,timestamp=2019-04-15T12:59:24.065+0000) > > If I warded out the enemy jungler, warn everyone that the gank is coming and my laner still dies to it, especially multiple times, that isn't me being out jungler, that's my laner making my opppnent's job exponentially easier. > > Makes mine harder too because the response, gank the other 2 lanes, is very predictable. I always call out where I suspect the enemy is pathing but I can't force people to chill for 10 seconds. No one, especially me, is suggesting that the Jungler is responsible for keeping the Lanes alive, or that it’s his fault if they fail. What I’m saying is that the vast majority of Junglers take the path of least resistance in matches. They aren’t trying to win, they are trying to get kills and they use their stats as a sort of bragging right and execuse for trash talking the rest of the team. “Look at me, 4 kills, Im doing my job and you guys are just feeding” (Add profanity). Junglers are almost always the foundation for Tilt in a team and most often the toxic player in the team trash talking everyone at the first sign of trouble. Looking back at the last 60 matches I have played, I can’t think of one in which the team lost and the Jungler wasn’t throwing profanity at everyone, calling the noobs, feeders, demanding reports and just being all around nice guys. I don’t know why its like that, what about the position that creates this wierd “Im on your team but I hate you all” personage that Junglers have, but its so profoundly common, It feels like there is a “How to be a dick” class required before you are allowed to que for a Jungler in League... I honestly can’t explain it.. it just is. None the less, in League the vast majority of games aren’t lost by peoples hands, but by people’s mouths.
: I love that lissandra is getting gutted meanwhile riven is still allowed to be as strong as she is
Any unbalanced Champion in the game (and there are always a few floating around) need to be abused by the community relentlessly until Riot fixes it. It's really how things get fixed in League and rightfully so, after all, if a champions results don't show the overpowered effect it's having on the game, then why nerf it? As such Riven is a good candidate but I can understand not a top priority. She is definitely in the top 15 of most played, highest winning and most banned champions, but actually towards the bottom of that list. Lissandra on the other hand, I would expect based on her stats to be buffed, I mean in terms of Winrate she is well below average, her pick rate is really low (she does not see much play in League as a whole). Hard to explain at least from looking at her stats why they would be addressing her
Ader505 (EUNE)
: Autofill
I'm ok with auto-fill for one of the two primary roles, but putting people into roles they are not familiar with is a really bad practice, it really devalues the match making. Like if I'm a Jungler on a team, it's basically a 4vs5.. I'm pretty sure most teams would rather I go AFK instead of trying to be a jungler, I will do more harm then good.
: Its your fault.
I call bullshit! I'm 100% certain that the vast majority of games are lost for 1 of 2 reasons and they are both Jungler related. 1. The Enemy Jungler outperforms the team jungler. This easily makes up 50% of all losses in League of Legends. A Jungler that ganks successfully will domino the game faster than everything else combined. 2. The Team Jungler Fails his support role. A Team jungler that can't get past his ego and understand that when a lane is being lost its his job to support that lane, and instead whines about feeding in chat makes up the other 50% of the reason games are lost. Look.. Lanes get lost and it most often happens because the enemy jungler is supporting the lanes hard, fast and often. If your a jungler, all three lanes are your lanes, they are your responsibility. In many ways the jungler is the team leader. If the enemy jungler is ganking your lanes and your response is to bitch about it in chat, trust me, you are the reason the game is being lost. Oh and obvious bot voting is obvious, you have disgraced yourself! Using bots to vote on your own topic is right up their with telling us how hot your girlfriend in Canada is... yes... we all believe you. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Show more

LordBadToo

Level 53 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion