: Still doesn´t change the fact Jax is broken. He loses 8 out of 41 top lane matchups. Eight. And two of those not even by significant amounts. Nasus, Yorick, Mundo, Ornn, Illaoi, Shen, Gragas, Maokai, GP and Garen, Grasp users are some of Jax's best matchups. The only Grasp users that are countering Jax are Poppy and Maokai, for obvious reasons that have very little to do with their keystone choice. Darius, Renekton and Quinn, the lane bullies? Another of Jax's best matchups. The only lane bully he's losing to is Pantheon. Jax has an insane 56% winrate against Darius, a lane bully, who, by your logic, should be beating Jax. The aforementioned Grasp users Jax is beating are on descending order of Jax's winrate. From Nasus at 62.9%, to Garen at 50.5%. How come the crushing majority of users of a keystone, which by your logic should counter Jax, losing the Jax matchup? Could it be that Jax is a disgusting stat-check fully deserving of the Old Poppy balance treatment? A disgusting stat-check that had his condition merely aggravated, not created, by Conqueror's existence? Contrary to what people think, the problem isn´t Conqueror. The problem is Jax. Conqueror merely helped reveal how unacceptable his current state is.
Jax is a good champion to pick into {{champion:122}} actually because his kit just suits the matchup - his leap in particular is so important to dodge Darius Q and then Jax E can completely dodge Darius's cripple. So if Jax has some health, Darius is in a world of trouble. I have been playing Jax since Season 2 and now is definitely not his strongest point - it's just his strongest meta. And on top of that Conqueror and titantic Hydra are giving him reliable damage and durability that allows him a safe laning phase and transition into mid game. That is where his weakness should lie but it's negated right now. Jax was much stronger in season 4 and 5 but the meta was rough as hell for him then. But now if he goes even in lane he finds himself vs 3 or 4 squishies with no CC and it's open season for Jax.
: If you nerf jax, you can kill two birds with one stone
Jax just uses a lot of the strong stuff right now. Conqueror, {{item:3748}} and his bonus resistances from his ult in a meta where resistances are lacking (with lethality in particular) give him a lot of reliable durability and damage. Not to mention his natural counters like {{champion:126}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:8}} aren't really taken top due to the meta. His kit hasn't changed so it's not Jax who needs the nerf. Is that not natural logic? Conqueror needs a nerf, IMO titanic needs a nerf, resistances need a buff and damage needs to be lowered. These things will naturally push Jax into <50% win and much lower pick/ban. Nerfing Jax is yet another botched and half-assed fix to a wider problem.
: the higher the ap, the faster {{champion:37}} is. It already exists
It does, and I'd love to see more of it with clearer cases too. {{champion:101}} is the best example for me, he really should move more into his artillery mage fantasy as his AP ramps up - so base range would be lower. Even some trade-off cases, such as perhaps {{champion:45}} dark matter **decreasing** in range but increasing in AOE effect and quicker anim would be interesting - along with some other tweaks he would play completely different as his AP shoots up.
: It already exists with some champions {{champion:40}} MS scaling with AP {{champion:117}} W duration scaling with AP A
These are light touches on the idea though, and don't really enhance abilities further to the point where I'd love to see them. And they were put on support champions as part of the support buffs - I want to see them on Mages. It's called Ability **Power** and not Ability **Damage** so that's what you should get when you buy AP.
: this would make ap champions even more useless and without dmg compared to ad
Without going into AD (the damage is too reliable at the moment). There should be a clear difference between AP and AD. Ability power should result in powerful ability damage and utility. Attack Damage should result in powerful auto attacks and in-combat prowess. This isn't so much about differentiating the power, but more in lines of allowing champions to realise their fantasy and theme with Ability Power. In terms of damage: what's the point of huge AP scalings on {{champion:20}} if you aren't ever going to hit his abilities properly without a huge risk (due to being so squishy)? This change would indeed allow you to do more damage reliably, and not be so feast or famine which AP Nunu definitely is. It's also about creating meaningful diversity within this game. At the moment it's created entirely aritificially with the Rune system. And even then champions tend to have optimal runes. With raw ability power increasing agency of abilities (which - well, doesn't that make complete sense anyway?) you would have the option of "{{item:3135}} + {{item:3151}} for pure damage" or "{{item:3089}} + {{item:3003}} to improve my ability agency and champion utility as well as some damage". The AP itemization would automatically open itself up to whole new paths and ways of playing by this concept alone.
Rioter Comments
: Yes, Stormrazor is a good item on Jhin; no it isn't what's making him OP.
{{item:3095}} is THE perfect item for {{champion:202}} . There's barely a way to make an item better for him as it gives literally everything he wants and needs in a single item. Damage, guaranteed crits that won't hurt his DPS, insane movement speed. Will never forget a couple of weeks ago, as a lvl 18 Jax and 20% CDR, chasing a Jhin down - he actually got out of my leap range after an auto - which includes of course the anim time for the auto and then turn and run away from a melee champion with movespeed buff from tri force. Hilarious, not even Trist can do that with her rocket jump. It's more suited to him than: {{item:3148}} was for old {{champion:84}} {{item:3115}} {{champion:10}} {{item:3147}} {{champion:121}} {{item:3078}} {{champion:24}} {{item:3089}} {{champion:45}} {{item:3071}} {{champion:122}} etc etc. It's the best (OP) champion/item pairing in the game right now by a long shot. Hail of blades is just the icing on the cake in my opinion. All that really needs to happen to fix Jhin is remove the attack speed - move speed buff and instead give him an amount of innate scaling movements speed after crits (based on level). His passive is already 3 books long there's no harm in removing 1 of the 17 billion elements in there.
: Items That Actually Need Reworks
{{item:3091}} Is not far from a noobtrap item apart from a couple of select cases. It is almost like the old Rageblade - while it seems it could be good from reading the item, in reality it just doesn't fit a niche. It falls off pretty heavily late game, but for the champions who'd potentially like it, it doesn't offer enough reliability early game. Honestly I don't think it can be tweaked into something useful, it needs a full rethink and rework because it's main failing point is that it is based on auto attacks.
: Fiora vs Jax. Who do you think is stronger late game with the following builds?
I'd say Jax but as mentioned they are terrible builds. I'm a Jax OTP and can't remember ever losing to a Fiora when I'm on full build. {{champion:24}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3124}}{{item:3153}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3143}} 1v1 god
Eedat (NA)
: Why would you pick the removal of one of the most oppressive stat sticks the game has even seen to use as an example of damage going up? > The Brutalizer > Gold 1337 (Gold 637) Long Sword + Long Sword > +25 attack damage UNIQUE: +10% cooldown reduction UNIQUE: +10 armor penetration Lets put it this way. Coming back to lane as a level 5 Zed with a Brutalizer gave you 10 armor pen and 10% CDR with the 25 AD. Coming back to lane as a level 5 Zed with a Dirk gives you 7 armor pen with 25 AD. Thats not even factoring in runes. Just some Flat Armor Pen reds gave you an additional 11.5 unconditional armor pen. Contrast that with Sudden Impact that gives 7 Lethality. So lets look at the whole picture. Level 5 Zed with Brutalizer and armor pen reds: 21.5 flat armor pen (unconditional) Level 5 Zed with Dirk and Sudden Impact: 12 armor pen (*only after he reactivates his W or Ults*) Plus you get a bonus 10% CDR. Not to mention base armor levels were increased since then So I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at. Lethality was a straight up nerf to Armor pen. Thats not even factoring in the many, many nerfs to BC over the years and to Ghostblade. This thread doesnt make sense lol. > Remember when there was only 2 armor pen items in the game? As opposed to the whopping 3 now? Wow, a difference of ***one***. Gamebreaking.
There are some other factors to consider though - taking armor pen reds meant you were sacrificing attack damage from your runes. On the flipside you could get AD from quints then though - but now you can also get AD from other sources like eyeball collection. Electrocute now does adaptive damage so it is better vs squishies (as it also benefits from pen) but worse vs bruisers/tanks who can itemize armor. Armor yellows are now gone. This, for me is possibly the biggest issue. Base armor increased is all well and good (and didn't mages get health instead of armor increase) but still falling short of the armor you'd get from seals. With all of these factored in, it's clear why ad mids are so strong now. it's the lack of armor more than the "additional pen items" in my opinion. Edit: also lethality is calculated after armor pen % now which is huge for mid-late game for anyone who gets cleaver.
: Just make 2 seperate version of this game. One would be for esport and second one (balanced) would be for people who want to experience fair game and enjoyment as it used to be back in season 1-5.
This was my thinking, it would make it a little harder to follow due to the differences but at least then there'd likely be more interest (if you enjoy the game you're more likely to want to watch Worlds... makes sense). Or how about a global knockup/tenacity nerf or something along the lines of that, similar to the global changes on URF. The champions that do well in pro play are ones that bring utility to the team and hard CC tanks (Sejuani classic case) - so a change like this could mix it up more. This could encourage more flashy champions and solo carries without changing anything else.
Rioter Comments
Thilmer (EUW)
: Mana regeneration has been overnerfed.
I would like to mana completely reworked. At the moment mages pretty much get manaflow band and ludens and then become manaless champions unless they spam skills for 10 mins straight or they are particularly heavy users. The mana regen should be taken away from doran's ring too. Base mana increased for mages so that they don't NEED it, but if they really want even more mana then they go for {{item:1027}} {{item:2031}} or {{item:2033}} I want to see the amount of mana from {{item:3285}} decreased to 300 mana because right now it is outclassing every other mage item and again INCREASES BURST. WHY. It's not rocket science - we need mana champions to have clear strengths and weaknesses over manaless champions. That's the whole idea. Instead, we have items and runes that patch mana champions to the point where they become manaless champions and have been balanced that way so their strengths are not clear either now. A heavy mana champions needs to have more strength/utility than a manaless champion (in general) at the cost of sensibly choosing when to use their abilities OR choosing weaker items that allows them to use abilities more often. They should not all be given easy access to mana at a whim but then not able to have clear strengths either (otherwise OP). Edit: don't even get me started on ultimate abilities either. I remember the days where you had to wait a good chunk of time before you could use your ULTIMATE ABILITY and it was rewarding using it at a good time or juking someone else's ultimate. Nowadays with presence of mind, ultimate hunter, easy access to CDR and even the 45% CDR cap... all these factors have resulted in ridiculous CDR on ultimates where they are now just strong abilities. Why is this game turning into fucking URF? Is the player base this brainless or is it just Riot's perception of us?
Zapzya (OCE)
: Which other skin line would you like to see developed?
I always like lore skins. Would love to see pre-ascension skins. Xerath, Azir, Susan etc etc all how they'd look pre-asension.
TimGr (NA)
: Car Salesman Illaoi
Absolutely would be the best skin in league. Especially if illaoi was dressed in smart office attire and her idol replaced with a tablet PC. When she ults she says "LET ME SHOW YOU OUR SUV RANGE"
: when u get dat 3man malph/mumu double ult, but no1 dies because janna
Good luck stopping the unstoppable force with your umbrella! As for the mummy *pops umbrella* BE GONE WITH YOU
: I died during zhonya
Gameplay wise - it's a bug. Thematically, however, it could work!
Alzon (NA)
: Did you intentionally remove the stun in favor of buffing the total damage reduction/evasion? That’s an integral part of his kit, as much as I dislike it. How about the ability lasts 1.5 seconds, can be recast to end early, only stuns at the end (1 sec) if he blocked an auto, and keeps his damage reduction for another 1.5 sec? Plus the damage reduction applies to all damage, not just AoE and including autos.
> [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6EzbEV1O,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-10T19:41:26.604+0000) > > Did you intentionally remove the stun in favor of buffing the total damage reduction/evasion? That’s an integral part of his kit, as much as I dislike it. How about the ability lasts 1.5 seconds, can be recast to end early, only stuns at the end (1 sec) if he blocked an auto, and keeps his damage reduction for another 1.5 sec? Plus the damage reduction applies to all damage, not just AoE and including autos. The stun is unchanged - i should have stated that in there. Yeah the stun on his E is very important and is really the only utility he offers in a teamfight
Alzon (NA)
: Counterstrike up permanently at 40% CDR, no thanks. Leap can be body-blocked, HELL YES. W seems very weak... I’d shift some power out of “perma counterstrike” and into this, starting with the removal of the Lifeline interaction. I think the ult should be an auto reset. There needs to be one in his kit somewhere. You could lower the cooldown to something like 24/18/12 and have it enhance his next ability + 3 autos.
> [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6EzbEV1O,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:55:34.938+0000) > > Counterstrike up permanently at 40% CDR, no thanks. > > Leap can be body-blocked, HELL YES. > > W seems very weak... I’d shift some power out of “perma counterstrike” and into this, starting with the removal of the Lifeline interaction. > > I think the ult should be an auto reset. There needs to be one in his kit somewhere. You could lower the cooldown to something like 24/18/12 and have it enhance his next ability + 3 autos. I moved it back into W, for simplicity as much as anything else. Also changed his E a little - what do you think?
Sukishoo (NA)
: Actually if Ezreal's upcoming smaller VGU goes overwell it was confirmed champions like Jax, Kennen, Bliz and others that only need small cleanup on their gameplay and a new model would be a fit for that level of VGU. So he could happen in 2019 with the smaller VGU becoming a thing now.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6EzbEV1O,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-10T17:55:42.540+0000) > > Actually if Ezreal&#x27;s upcoming smaller VGU goes overwell it was confirmed champions like Jax, Kennen, Bliz and others that only need small cleanup on their gameplay and a new model would be a fit for that level of VGU. So he could happen in 2019 with the smaller VGU becoming a thing now. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Ez. I actually think he already looks pretty good, so I'm interested to see how they want to improve it. I know they are going to change his W, so we'll see. Jax doesn't need any gameplay update (and I don't think he'll have anything other than small tweaks), this post is just how I think a full update could look to update his kit and make him less one-dimensional without changing any of the feel or thematic of Jax.
: Interesting. His Q distance might have to be shortened a bit more, though. 600 units for a non-targeted dash on a basic ability? It'd have to be a rather long cooldown to justify that. It's interesting, though. Takes Jax's gameplay and makes it new and slightly different. One other thing I'd like to see is Jax only being able to reactivate E if he's been within a certain range of an enemy champion for a second, rather than it being active for a second. Makes it less of an instant no-counterplay stun. And I'm a bit worried about the amount of E reset he can have there. That's 9 seconds of reset on his E, while its base CD at 5 is 12s, and it has a duration of 2s (3s?). It may be a bit too much reset power for such a strong ability. Increasing the CD per rank by .5 (so 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 instead of 20/18/16/14/12) while removing a second of reset on his ult and Q hits (for 3 on reset and 4 from ult, respectively) *or* by making the reset amount scale *down* with your CDR (meaning it reduces the same ratio) would prevent him from chaining E too long in a fight. Overall, though, it helps fix some of his problems, so a +1 from me.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6EzbEV1O,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:59:41.266+0000) > > Interesting. > > His Q distance might have to be shortened a bit more, though. 600 units for a non-targeted dash on a basic ability? It&#x27;d have to be a rather long cooldown to justify that. > > It&#x27;s interesting, though. Takes Jax&#x27;s gameplay and makes it new and slightly different. > > One other thing I&#x27;d like to see is Jax only being able to reactivate E if he&#x27;s been within a certain range of an enemy champion for a second, rather than it being active for a second. Makes it less of an instant no-counterplay stun. > > And I&#x27;m a bit worried about the amount of E reset he can have there. That&#x27;s 9 seconds of reset on his E, while its base CD at 5 is 12s, and it has a duration of 2s (3s?). It may be a bit too much reset power for such a strong ability. Increasing the CD per rank by .5 (so 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 instead of 20/18/16/14/12) while removing a second of reset on his ult and Q hits (for 3 on reset and 4 from ult, respectively) *or* by making the reset amount scale *down* with your CDR (meaning it reduces the same ratio) would prevent him from chaining E too long in a fight. > > Overall, though, it helps fix some of his problems, so a +1 from me. Perhaps could increase the cooldown of his leap by 3 seconds at all ranks and have it also decrease in cooldown if it lands on an enemy champion or ward. I've changed the E a bit to make it more... interesting really. I've changed the W and ult too
D3m37r1 (NA)
: This rework looks like a massive nerf.
> [{quoted}](name=D3m37r1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6EzbEV1O,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-10T16:04:35.147+0000) > > This rework looks like a massive nerf. Definite nerf to his damage early game, but he does have some safety with his W there. His scalings have improved somewhat, and so has his duelling once he has an item or two.
Alzon (NA)
: Counterstrike up permanently at 40% CDR, no thanks. Leap can be body-blocked, HELL YES. W seems very weak... I’d shift some power out of “perma counterstrike” and into this, starting with the removal of the Lifeline interaction. I think the ult should be an auto reset. There needs to be one in his kit somewhere. You could lower the cooldown to something like 24/18/12 and have it enhance his next ability + 3 autos.
> [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6EzbEV1O,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:55:34.938+0000) > > Counterstrike up permanently at 40% CDR, no thanks. > > Leap can be body-blocked, HELL YES. > > W seems very weak... I’d shift some power out of “perma counterstrike” and into this, starting with the removal of the Lifeline interaction. > > I think the ult should be an auto reset. There needs to be one in his kit somewhere. You could lower the cooldown to something like 24/18/12 and have it enhance his next ability + 3 autos. The interesting inteaction with E was that leap reduces the CD - but in actuality Jax usually uses leaps and then deactivates E - which is when the ability goes onto CD. So in effect Jax has to stun and then leap onto a target to get any benefit of the reduction in CD leap gives. This figure can be reduced slightly (maybe leap reduces the CD by 3 seconds) if it is found to be too much at 5 sec :) I was pondering the auto reset - and I think a lot of Jax issues stem from the auto reset. His Q and E at low CD's would still allow him to utilize trinity force. As an auto reset, his W gives him incredible interaction with {{item:3078}} and {{item:3748}} which increases his front-loaded damage massively. With the removal and kit change, Jax would look to build {{item:3146}} and {{item:3124}}, perhaps even skipping Tri Force.
Rioter Comments
Aucc (NA)
: How do you even play Jax?
The most important thing - get plenty of CS and don't feed. If you can do this, nearly in all instances you will make the mid-game and outscale your opponent and then be able to do Jax things. The skill of playing a champion like Jax is that, effectively, you have a champion with very real and clear weaknesses. You are weak early game - with no sustain, long cooldowns and a lack of outright damage. Poke champions with disengage can destroy your laning phase entirely. As the game goes on his cooldowns reduce drastically to the point where a huge chunk of his damage comes from there and not as much from his AA's as you'd think. A good tip as Jax - abuse your level 1. His level 1 is one of, if not the strongest in the game (vs melee) when you take E. Hit your opponent, draw minion aggro and continue to aa and activate your e. If timed right your E will mitigate all of the minion damage and amplify the E damage, while getting free AA's on your opponent. This is enough to chunk half health at least in most cases. From there you can have kill pressure and you don't even need to persue the kill, just control the lane and this is enough to mitigate your weak early game sometimes. if you're against a ranged champion you can't really do this unless they are stupid. But again, being Jax there is clear counterplay here - a skilled melee opponent won't even accept a trade with you at level 1 and just wait it out until level 2. That's why it irks me when people call Jax OP. He's strong at the moment but his weaknesses are still there, just the meta suits him right now.
: > [{quoted}](name=LynXerf,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kbsk1Pvh,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T08:16:51.684+0000) > > Your assumption/perception. Typical league player attitude well done. Ok. We established that people make assumptions. That wasn't the focal point of my response. Are you going to stay on topic or are you going to try and pry at anything you dislike? I only used me making an assumption to clarify where I was coming from in the argument. Not to make an additional argument. Explain to me how increasing Annie's Q range will make her more of a problem than Brand, Lux, Vel'koz, Leblanc, Syndra, Taliyah and other mid lane mages without using skillshots as a reason. If her not having any skillshots is your reasoning, then you are saying, champions with skillshots should be stronger than champions with no skillshots. That is what Ghostcrawler said. Look where the game is now and look where he is now. If skillshots or statistics are going to be your argument, then you are not discussing on how to balance out Annie.
> [{quoted}](name=okamiyasha95,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kbsk1Pvh,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T14:12:15.258+0000) > > Ok. We established that people make assumptions. That wasn&#x27;t the focal point of my response. Are you going to stay on topic or are you going to try and pry at anything you dislike? I only used me making an assumption to clarify where I was coming from in the argument. Not to make an additional argument. Explain to me how increasing Annie&#x27;s Q range will make her more of a problem than Brand, Lux, Vel&#x27;koz, Leblanc, Syndra, Taliyah and other mid lane mages without using skillshots as a reason. If her not having any skillshots is your reasoning, then you are saying, champions with skillshots should be stronger than champions with no skillshots. That is what Ghostcrawler said. Look where the game is now and look where he is now. If skillshots or statistics are going to be your argument, then you are not discussing on how to balance out Annie. You clearly didn't get the vibe from my previous post. I'm not contributing further purely because of your attitude. Be gone with you if you think you can talk to people like crap, make silly assumptions and then talk about a matter.
: > [{quoted}](name=LynXerf,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kbsk1Pvh,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T15:20:08.034+0000) > > I understand it just fine, thank you. And not once did I even suggest she matches the range of other mid laners. However, inevitably while CSing there will be some trades where range overlaps and Annie is strong in this area - as long as she hasn&#x27;t been chunked too much beforehand. > > My point is - when in range, Annie is absolutely devastating. This gives a slight boost to some trading around CS, but not much more. And I don&#x27;t want to see much more because she&#x27;s a dangerous champion to buff. When strong, give her a protobelt and she has access to oneshots without needing any skillshots. You did not. But your responses suggested that you think her range is fine and her AA range buff is okay to. My assumption might be wrong, but I made my statement to point out the fact that most mid laners won't even need to get into AA range against her to poke effectively or farm effeciently. The matter of the fact is, unless the enemy just underestimates Annie completely or has bad mechanics and constantly gets poked down by Annie's Q, she has to rely on her ult and most times flash to one shot anybody and she has to have items. After she uses her ult and her flash, Annie is almost useless. in lane and out of lane. The exception is a good roam. Even with protobelt, it's easy to miss ult. i don't know the exact numbers on the dash rnage, so I won't agree nor disagree with you. If you're scared of Annie gaining a little more range, I don't know what to tell you. Brand, Lux, Veigar, Ahri, Anivia, LeBlanc, and Ekko all do the same things except they do it better. All I'm asking is to even the playing field. Increase her Q range and decrease her Auto range that way she can trade normally and nobody would have to worry about her AA pokes in between.
> [{quoted}](name=okamiyasha95,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kbsk1Pvh,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T04:17:44.981+0000) > > You did not. Your assumption/perception. Typical league player attitude well done.
: I don't think you all understand how many mid laners out range Annie even with her auto attack range. Try looking up some of the other mid laners and compare their ranges abilities and all to Annie's. I can understand the auto pokes in higher elo (After a trade with abilities, da da da), but in order to get in range to auto attack OR use her Q, she has to get in range of her enemy's abilities. Even then, she still doesn't reach them.
> [{quoted}](name=okamiyasha95,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kbsk1Pvh,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-01T01:17:40.944+0000) > > I don&#x27;t think you all understand how many mid laners out range Annie even with her auto attack range. Try looking up some of the other mid laners and compare their ranges abilities and all to Annie&#x27;s. I can understand the auto pokes in higher elo (After a trade with abilities, da da da), but in order to get in range to auto attack OR use her Q, she has to get in range of her enemy&#x27;s abilities. Even then, she still doesn&#x27;t reach them. I understand it just fine, thank you. And not once did I even suggest she matches the range of other mid laners. However, inevitably while CSing there will be some trades where range overlaps and Annie is strong in this area - as long as she hasn't been chunked too much beforehand. My point is - when in range, Annie is absolutely devastating. This gives a slight boost to some trading around CS, but not much more. And I don't want to see much more because she's a dangerous champion to buff. When strong, give her a protobelt and she has access to oneshots without needing any skillshots.
: Preseason Development Update 1
There's no mention in this article about the still very important issue of damage creep. Is it not a goal for next season to correct it once and for all? Giving some stat choices with runes will achieve next to nothing, particularly as damage is still an option there. We don't want to go straight into the tank & ADC meta either, so it needs to be sensibly balanced. I'm fed up of getting oneshot, or simply oneshotting everyone else. I used to love lengthy skirmishes and long duels. They don't exist any more.
: Preseason Development Update 1
In regards to the tower barricades - I feel like this will really favour long-ranged champs. Ranged tops like who can waveclear like Jayce, Gnar, GP will dominate as they will have free gold on top of what they already have. Cait could restore her former dominance bot lane etc. Perhaps a way around this is that a champion has to be within a certain range to damage it (similar to Xin ult). Or give melee champs double the reward for hitting the tower.
: The Annie Buff
Annie can be really oppressive when she is in a good state so I'd much rather see any buffs on the conservative side. Once she is ahead you cannot go anywhere near her because she has the highest burst of any champion in this entire game, IIRC. If she loads up her passive she can stun on a q or ult and then make 1 step to get in range during the stun and unload her full kit immediately - boom. Little buffs like this can help more than you'd expect. Being able to get 1 or 2 more autos in at a trade is pretty huge - especially at higher ELO. This will also help her in the support role to a good degree.
Loboshl (NA)
: So today i manipulated my company into giving me a $1.50 raise
I fail to see where any manipulation took place here though {{sticker:sg-zephyr}} Nothing wrong with being paid what you are actually worth! I'll always remember my father telling me him and a co-worker demanded a pay rise and they came back with 25p (20 cents) more per hour and found it hilarious!
: Are you dumb? Udyr always built it. I always built ut as a adc every game where i was full build. Sold boots for it because you gain more damage and didnt lose much movement speed
> [{quoted}](name=KlydeFrog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5lzcKJng,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-08-24T21:31:00.937+0000) > > Are you dumb? Udyr always built it. I always built ut as a adc every game where i was full build. Sold boots for it because you gain more damage and didnt lose much movement speed What's with the insult? I said Udyr built it, if you can read.
: 3-8 seconds of black screen when switching focus from LoL to anything else
Even though focus assist is turned off, make sure the game option is also off. Might be trivial, but that may or may not sort it out :P
: League needs to bring back Dominion
I absolutely loved Dominion. It was actually my mode of choice over Rift before it went - and that was as an unsupported mode with bots etc. I don't really like Blitz because for me it is just a goofier version of ARAM. There's no really strategy or gameplay elements that are too different to what we have already. While the minigames are fun, they don't change the strategy of the mode which is a fusion of Rift and ARAM - that is to jump into a battle royale and use advantages to push towers together. Dominion was a completely different games with a multitude of goings-on. Also, Dominion had a rather awesome comeback potential. Countless games were won on the last point from 100 or more points behind, which was a huge adrenaline rush even in a quick, fun mode. I suppose this is age talking now (sigh) but at the age of 30 and having come to league from RTS games (again sigh that RTS is virtually dead), I really miss the strategic elements of league. We are moving into the age of mindless shooting and battle royale, where strategy is null and everything is reactions/micro tactics. We are even dumbing down basic gameplay elements. Is league marketed for 10 year olds now? GIVE US DOMINION!
: Why zephyr was removed?
The item was mainly removed because it wasn't really ideal for any champion in a regular build, but at the same time if a snowball champ got ahead and to full build they would swap out boots for Zephyr and actually increase in mobility and not to mention damage output so they would effectively snowball even further. It was for all intents and purposes like giving everyone Ornn. Edit: the only champ I can remember who really had it in their build was Udyr when he was a ridiculous roaming splitpusher. I suppose it would have worked with Heca but can't remember seeing it until it replaced boots.
: Itemization in League: Lack of Diversity, Simplicity, and Ubiquity
Whilst I don't think having 6 active items in your inventory really runs with the design philosphy of league, I would love to see the game slowed gown along with gold income, shutdown gold, turret gold bonus etc. At the moment it's not even unusual to see someone at full build at 25 mins, it's insane. It used to take 40 mins at best to reach full build and then it was a case of FED. With this we can have more mid-range dead end items. At the moment everything builds into and out of everything, I don't like it. Rageblade used to be a mid-tier niche item that I used to rush for a goofy power spike. There should be more items in the range of 2000-2500 gold and they should be more raw stat-efficient than the legendary items. The legendary items should have more powerful actives and utility. Trinity force, for example, should be the ultimate legendary item. The sheen proc should be reverted back to 150% AD, and more utility moved into it such as AD, AP, crit everything really. I loved the old trinity - anyone could build it but it wasn't perfect for anyone. It could be remade to include more useful utility like move speed and health. For me, perfect itemization would be a case where only 1 in 10 games you get to that end-game full build fantasy. It would be far more novel then!
Besteau (NA)
: Our team was fucking terrible. Our Yi was carrying hard though. We may have died but yi cleaned up, penta after penta. We got to the end where we all rezzed and he walked into a WARDED BRUSH full of 5 people. We collapsed after that. We asked why he would do such a thing and he responded: "Tired of carrying you retards so I inted." Reported. ###### BTW the game after that loss i got that special message that says someone you recently reported got banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Besteau,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kyUQN9Fr,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-08-18T21:29:26.485+0000) > > Our team was fucking terrible. Our Yi was carrying hard though. We may have died but yi cleaned up, penta after penta. We got to the end where we all rezzed and he walked into a WARDED BRUSH full of 5 people. We collapsed after that. We asked why he would do such a thing and he responded: > > &quot;Tired of carrying you retards so I inted.&quot; > > Reported. > > > ###### BTW the game after that loss i got that special message that says someone you recently reported got banned. On the other hand, I've had a few games where I've been carrying my team literally from early laning phase with a ridiculous score, nailing objective after objective and then make a genuine (and relatively minor in comparison to teammates) mistake but because I'm the only one who hasn't died 8 times already we lose the game on the 1 mistake. And then get reported. Absolutely boils my blood to get blamed for something like that when the only reason we're in the game is because of good (and albeit risky play) and then once it doesn't pay off (risks are still needed when behind sometimes) get flamed...
Rioter Comments
KnifeCat (OCE)
: Riot needs to stop listening to Hashinshin
I'm a Jax main myself with 2.1 million mastery points. I fully expect downvotes for that please don't disappoint. I don't think Riot actually listens to Hash except for the through the counterstrike. Jax's buffs to counterstrike has actually made him stronger than in previous seasons, with the bug fixes to this he can now duel strong champs even when they are in meta, like Renekton. Jax needs some damage nerfs and a little more defense. I have mained him since S2 and he is certainly more capable or damage now compared to other bruisers, and he also blows up quickly unless itemized. His design philosophy is to be exceptional in long trades but he isn't really filling that role now - he has become as much of an assassin as fighter now. I remember having to dive ADC and kill them in 2 rotations through the backline which would require me using my counterstrike at the best possible time. Now it's the case of activate e > jump in and oneshot and then probably die. Fix Jax please - lower his damage (front loaded Q damage is so high, followed with free AA reset on hydra and W to also proc ult auto), and increase his tankiness to move him to duelist from assassin.
: I think a lot of the problem is riot wants your queue time to be short and fast. To do this they have to autofill. I don't play adc.. that is changing.. but I just don't like being a glass cannon. I'm 7'4ft 450 lbs in real life and I've got years of martial arts experience and I like champions that fight like I do. I like being up close and personal. Throw a ranged weapon in my hand and it is hard to change my mentality. When they first started autofilling/picking a role - sup wasn't the role it is now.. people dreaded it.. now you have proud supp mains (compared to the lower population prior) However, there are many reasons for selecting an intended role, but mostly because sometimes when I play league I'm completely bored with a role and want to get out of it so I might queue mid or top (without protection) that way I can get out of a position I've played all day/week. But what I'm getting at is I'm queuing my postions for a reason. I don't want to be filled 9/10 especially if I want out of that role. Jungle being one of the most stressful positions for me.. I deal with more harrasment over jungle than any other position.. It really sucks to get stressed jungling and then get filled into it again. I don't care to wait 15 minutes in queue if it means getting a role I enjoy. Riot took that option away from players. Their are plenty of mains for all 5 positions now. I think autofilling should be taken out. You can't tell me that you can't find a game where someone doesn't want to play supp. Even more importantly... I think you should know what position you are hitting that accept button for, that way if I don't like what I'm playing I can re queue. This would stop a lot of the bullshit. I don't adc.. so any game I endup on ADC for I know will most likely be a loss.
> [{quoted}](name=Sylias Ravenmore,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dhB1XJui,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-08-18T21:19:57.963+0000) > > I think a lot of the problem is riot wants your queue time to be short and fast. To do this they have to autofill. > > I don&#x27;t play adc.. that is changing.. but I just don&#x27;t like being a glass cannon. I&#x27;m 7&#x27;4ft 450 lbs in real life and I&#x27;ve got years of martial arts experience and I like champions that fight like I do. I like being up close and personal. Throw a ranged weapon in my hand and it is hard to change my mentality. > > When they first started autofilling/picking a role - sup wasn&#x27;t the role it is now.. people dreaded it.. now you have proud supp mains (compared to the lower population prior) > > However, there are many reasons for selecting an intended role, but mostly because sometimes when I play league I&#x27;m completely bored with a role and want to get out of it so I might queue mid or top (without protection) that way I can get out of a position I&#x27;ve played all day/week. But what I&#x27;m getting at is I&#x27;m queuing my postions for a reason. > > I don&#x27;t want to be filled 9/10 especially if I want out of that role. Jungle being one of the most stressful positions for me.. I deal with more harrasment over jungle than any other position.. It really sucks to get stressed jungling and then get filled into it again. > > I don&#x27;t care to wait 15 minutes in queue if it means getting a role I enjoy. Riot took that option away from players. > > Their are plenty of mains for all 5 positions now. I think autofilling should be taken out. You can&#x27;t tell me that you can&#x27;t find a game where someone doesn&#x27;t want to play supp. > > Even more importantly... > > I think you should know what position you are hitting that accept button for, that way if I don&#x27;t like what I&#x27;m playing I can re queue. > > This would stop a lot of the bullshit. > > I don&#x27;t adc.. so any game I endup on ADC for I know will most likely be a loss. Meh, my opinion is split. I agree with all of your points and likewise I have the same style of playing (although for different reasons perhaps... I'm 5ft7...), the queue now is one of riots biggest improvements. I remember actually waiting 10 mins per game in S3 or so, and then to finally get in the lobby and have someone take your role anyway? Meh. It sucks being filled but always worth asking if someone doesn't mind swapping, and if not even at the ADC position you can take a scaling melee carry/tank, or perhaps a tankier ADC like graves or tanky build lucian (cleaver etc) - or even if you like going for duels then Vayne/Kog can be decent (again you can go frozen mallet on Kog if you hate being squishy). Agree with the jungler though - as a Jungle main I know what it's like to be blamed for losing the game at 4 mins when each lane as died and I only have one assist to my name...
AD Yuumi (NA)
: Nexus Blitz - Week 1 Feedback and Patch Notes
FEEDBACK: I actually don't enjoy the new game mode, despite my excitement and expectation to enjoy. For me, it is just too much of a battle royale and strategic elements are completely missing. Now, I'm fully assuming this is the direction you probably wanted to take it, but a few tweaks could really improve the gameplay and replay-ability. 1. Decrease jungle spawn times. After first clear, for instance, junglers are forced to join the game of ARAM. We already have ARAM for ARAM, lets have this mode more objectively focused. Why not put a buff Altar in the top middle, similar to the ones on Twisted Treelines. The 4 junglers can then go and slog it out of control of this altar (or even tower altar like dominion). OR, they can join the lanes. Strategic diversity = replay-ability. 2. Have some seperation between jungle and lanes. This will make the game-modes bigger events when everyone jumps into these deathmatches. The current state of almost fluid interaction between the jungle and lanes decreases the novelty of ganks and the game modes. 2. I do love the different mini-games. If anything, these should increase in frequency with a decrease in reward. Have it as a small stacking reward, so teams can get ahead but if the opposing team then wins an objective it's BOOM reset, and the game is in the balance again (although they will have to do this from behind). 3. More gold. We only get to build 2 full items on this mode - champions don't get anywhere near their build fantasies which is part of the fun. I would actually like to see maybe twice as much gold in this mode and have a possible reward buff as an extra item slot. 4. Remove wards. Controversial suggestion, most likely. But if we can decrease the amount of times Junglers are expected to come roaming into the lanes, it is best if it's also unexpected too. This works on twisted treeline and the jungle situation is very similar on there. 5. Love the on-fire idea. However - hows this for a modification. When you get a 3-kill streak you get a random upgrade of the 3 options (or even a choice of the 3): A) **On-Fire** - Similar to current on-fire where damage increase with slight mitigation decrease. B) **Juggernaut** - User has health and damage mitigation increase but size (hitbox) increase and movement speed decrease. C) **Blessing of the manatee**- User gets a URF-style CDR buff (60%-80%). These variations will improve replay-ability and would be interesting on different champions. Some mini game ideas: 1. **Flashy Plays**: The snowball-fest is good, where it changes your summoner spells briefly. How about taking this further? How about a game mode where flash is on a 8 second cooldown and everyone gets a movespeed increase for a minute, with instant revive for the dead? Would be bags of fun. 2. **Slogfest**: Each champion gets 1000 (+30% bonus HP) and 40 MR/armor (+30%) increase and 20% CDR increase. This could take place in the decreasing wall radius mode. Ability spam time! 3. **Hunters become the hunted**: Demons spawn (or if you want to be goofy minions could become the hunters) and start hunting champions. These demons can pretty much oneshot champions but only have say 300 move speed. As champions die there will be more demons hunting the remaining champions! In summary - I think the mode has a lot of potential and would like to see development, but please don't keep it solely as team deathmatch because we have ARAM for that (and ARAM does it very well). Lets have some strategic options on this game mode with a high variance of play which will boost replay-ability. Thanks Rito!
: I need some advice for my negativity
Just a quick thought - I picked up on you saying "my past has not been kind to me". While I admit I know nothing about you, I'd like to challenge that thought purely because to me it shows that you have focused on the negative in how you view yourself and your past. How bad have things been? At the very least you have your wits about you (intelligence is something to be VERY grateful for), you are clearly not poor by international standards and you are able to spend your time playing leisurely activities. Try to focus on what you do have and what great things have happened as opposed to the negative. Life can be a bitch but accept what cannot be changed and half of your frustration will go. Even in the context of this game - you can't choose your random teammates and probability being what it is, you will get on average less trolls and feeders than the other team unless you are one yourself (4 teammates v 5 enemies). It just doesn't feel like it because again the human mind does naturally remember the negative events (remember being unlucky more than you do being lucky). That entire thought process is a big cause of negativity and frustration so putting things into perspective can really help with your negativity in game. And the moment someone starts being an ass (because again it will happen) just assume the person is a child or having a bad day and use the mute :)
Kelg (NA)
: This giant creature in the Karthus picture should be a champ
: Does anyone here love league anymore?
I've been playing since season 2. I've just uninstalled. Honestly this game has gone completely to the dogs. I love what the lore team is doing and some of the concepts are really good. But the ever increasing non-counter mechanics and "periods of power" is beyond comprehension across the board. I studied computer game design and it's baffling to me why Riot is taking the game mechanics in this direction. The worst part of it all is the game speed. I came to this from playing RTS games and so obviously I enjoy strategic elements. That has been completely gutted from the game (from a SoloQ standpoint). No longer can I focus on my own development through the course of a game to hit the late game with a build that suits my teamcomp and style. Now it is purely on nailing a good 8 minute laning phase and then it turns into a less fun version of ARAM. The new runes are absolutely counter intuitive. They are supposed to create a "unique playstyle" for each champion. Wrong. All they do is stat check different playstyles. You cant realistically run grasp as Jax and expect to win. Or conquerer on teemo. It's simply not optimal, so everyone simply takes the optimal keystone for their champion and in rare cases do you have more than 2 viable options. Before these runes and keystone BS you could customise your playstyle with real stats from the old rune system and I swear by this - I used to have far more diversity in my own playstyle and builds. Now it is purely optimal or you wilt into getting stomped. Absolute garbage. Riot you have destroyed this game with some real backward thinking. Revert the game to season 3 or 4, keep your shiny new graphics and put your resources into lore and cinematic development. Constant changing for the sake of change has left you with a product that isn't fun or intuitive any more. It's a spam fest and ARURF epitomises that. Not onyl do you get a game mode that is typical of modern brainless games, but you can't even choose your champion and you hope the other team doesnt have Yi, Zed, Vlad, Jax, Fizz etc. What's worse is remember when URF first came out? It was an April Fool's mode and the tag was "the future of league". Well, if you look at all the changes that's been made to the game then this is the longest April Fool's joke I've ever heard of.
: We need a Gordon Ramsey announcer.
When aced: YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU. FUCK OFF. on ace: Wow. Good job.
KnifeCat (OCE)
: Another PBE patch, and ofcourse nothing has been addressed, once again
BORK needs a buff - currently it's behind the jungle item due to the attack speed deficit. Lower the attack damage to 35 and increase the attack speed to 40%. Nerf the attack speed crit items (ALL OF THEM ARE WAY TOO CHEAP) and it becomes more viable for ADC, and bruisers have a more reliable tank buster.
: How to improve Blitzcrank Q hitbox/visuals
100% yes, that open handed grab looks so intimidating it's perfect
Risen29 (NA)
: Are there any champions that scale harder than Jax as a hard carry split pusher?
You won't find a better late game splitter than Jax, because that is his entire identity and his kit is perfect for that purpose. He can push towers as fast as anyone else in the game with the exception of Nasus. I would Describe Jax as the strongest late game duelist in the entire game, because he can go up against pretty much anyone from ADC to mages to fighters to tanks when he has enough gold. Not to say he's the only one who can do it though. A Tryndamere played well can be just as strong. And there are loads of other champs who can fit the role, who are perhaps stronger in lane and are better at dealing with multiple enemies. {{champion:36}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:157}} and don't forget the remake of {{champion:83}} Also, don't forget the single best lane shover and early-mid tower pusher in the game {{champion:74}}
Show more

LynXerf

Level 133 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion