Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Mimr,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2019-12-08T23:03:15.952+0000) > > Sion is a vanguard (tank subclass), not a juggernaut. Objectively false.
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Kongroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=0005000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-08T23:46:44.135+0000) > > Objectively false. And exactly what makes Sion a juggernaut? He has tons of engage and CC, decent burst, is very durable but has low DPS. The hallmarks of a vanguard. Well sure, he transforms into a juggernaut for a short time after his death, but that doesn't justify calling juggernaut his main class.
: Did you just say her ult has low base damage and low scaling? In what world is 235+(75% AP) to 375+(135% AP) minimum up to 485+(75% AP) to 825+(135%AP) low base damage and low scaling? 100-80 CD on her R isn't a high CD. Its middling to low CD. Do you have any concept of numbers? _________________________ The rework made Diana less idiot-proof. You now have to play the game instead of running at someone and spamming Q until it lands, then rolling your face on your keyboard and mashing R a second time.
R only deals bonus damage starting with the **second** champion that is pulled in. In other words, if you only pull one you're only going to deal the base damage. Anyway, I like the rework a lot but I feel it's too early to shout OP or UP yet. Will have to play more games first.
hiyares (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Thefrostyviking,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T22:21:41.733+0000) > > If we look at high elo then tanks aside from Ornn all sits at lowish pickrates 2-3% but like Ornn they all tend to have 52 to 55% winrate on average......in my eyes it looks like this is a pretty good time to main a tank? > > Although i will keep inting on Irelia until i figure out how to not do that. the problem with tanks is that they are either played in support of they dont get to play the game for about 25 minutes. in top lane it is eve nworse when you have {{champion:82}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:420}} atroxx doesnt need old conq when he has so much damage laced in his q with black cleaver and early game dominance tanks in general do not have a great laning phase into a few of these things and darius is a hard counter to nearly all tanks. it is honestly just not fun or worth playing tanks into the current picks especially when the jungler is not going to help you. I know this because in most situations your jungler will refuse to gank your lane or help you reset a frozen lane
> [{quoted}](name=hiyares,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=0000000000000005,timestamp=2019-12-08T21:33:00.906+0000) > > the problem with tanks is that they are either played in support of they dont get to play the game for about 25 minutes. in top lane it is eve nworse when you have {{champion:82}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:420}} atroxx doesnt need old conq when he has so much damage laced in his q with black cleaver and early game dominance tanks in general do not have a great laning phase into a few of these things and darius is a hard counter to nearly all tanks. it is honestly just not fun or worth playing tanks into the current picks especially when the jungler is not going to help you. I know this because in most situations your jungler will refuse to gank your lane or help you reset a frozen lane Depends on which tank. Recently I've been seeing {{champion:98}} do excellently in top lane (shits on any auto attacker) and I've never seen Sion in a bad spot in toplane either. Recently Malphite has also made a resurgence (also shits on any auto attacker), as well as Ornn. Most tanks that can duel earlygame can do great in toplane right now.
: > [{quoted}](name=Yordletana,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-12-08T03:46:34.247+0000) > > _"Tanks Bad, also Tanks do a lot of work and make things easier"_ > > Pick one....... > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} > > You literally listed how tanks are actually really useful while opening with how "bad" they are. It's mainly their itemization. Tank items are low gold efficiency, low impact items that get out-performed by bruiser/juggernaut items like Triforce, Titanic Hydra, Deadman's Plate, etc. On top of that they have way too many similarities with bruisers and juggernauts while simultaneously being weaker versions of them, except in a few special cases like Ornn. There's no reason to play a full tank over a juggernaut like Sion or Olaf. They do the exact same things I listed while just being better at them overall. You could even build someone like Gragas with RoA and Aftershock into tank items and do better than an actual tank would with a tank build. On top of all that, they're extremely weak in lane and get bullied by practically everyone. They can't fight back because they don't have the damage or the durability that bruisers do early on, so they need to sit back and scale, but by the time that happens the game is usually over and they never get a chance to have an impact.
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Kongroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-12-08T15:08:40.138+0000) > > It's mainly their itemization. Tank items are low gold efficiency, low impact items that get out-performed by bruiser/juggernaut items like Triforce, Titanic Hydra, Deadman's Plate, etc. On top of that they have way too many similarities with bruisers and juggernauts while simultaneously being weaker versions of them, except in a few special cases like Ornn. There's no reason to play a full tank over a juggernaut like Sion or Olaf. They do the exact same things I listed while just being better at them overall. You could even build someone like Gragas with RoA and Aftershock into tank items and do better than an actual tank would with a tank build. On top of all that, they're extremely weak in lane and get bullied by practically everyone. They can't fight back because they don't have the damage or the durability that bruisers do early on, so they need to sit back and scale, but by the time that happens the game is usually over and they never get a chance to have an impact. Sion is a vanguard (tank subclass), not a juggernaut.
: I think Urgot is a special case. I also think he should just be special-cased to be a melee champ and rebalanced from there. His W already applies on-hits at 33% effectiveness so I don't think him building Titanic would be broken or anything.
> [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleepier,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mLJNHWoR,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-12-04T01:30:43.504+0000) > > I think Urgot is a special case. I also think he should just be special-cased to be a melee champ and rebalanced from there. > > His W already applies on-hits at 33% effectiveness so I don't think him building Titanic would be broken or anything. It's 50% these days actually. Reminds me to try BotRK or Wits' End on him sometime.
: Does Garen R still create a wave across your screen?
It used to be an absurdly bright effect but that got significantly toned down. But that was like 5 years ago shortly after his VU or something?
: Calling it now: manaless healer support that converts mana and mana regen into a useful stat.
> [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Osh22WzA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-11-25T10:24:37.750+0000) > > Calling it now: manaless healer support that converts mana and mana regen into a useful stat. {{item:3174}}
PSIKLO (NA)
: Kled Jungle
Kled is already viable in the jungle without courage generation from jungle monsters. Well, for not too serious play anyway. First clear is very bad but if the opposition doesn't capitalize on his weakness before he gets Tiamat they're in for a world of pain. If he could get Skaarl back from slapping jungle camps he'd be the #1 jungle instantly because of his insane ganks and limitless sustain.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mimr,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mnl5t7za,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-11-20T21:46:16.958+0000) > > Yeah, secured Ocean Dragon Soul as Shyv today in my first game of 9.23. I went full {{champion:36}} mode with Dragon Soul, Conqueror, Triumph and Spirit Visage the next teamfight. I take it you were building AD Shyv? I've been favoring that build more and more because it solos objectives so easily. Mid game build I usually have {{item:3111}}{{item:1416}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3074}} + the Tenacity from the Yellow rune tree. As long as you can move you don't die in fights and you're always ready for one even during objectives where you get jumped.
> [{quoted}](name=Mavëríck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mnl5t7za,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2019-11-20T23:00:50.770+0000) > > I take it you were building AD Shyv? I've been favoring that build more and more because it solos objectives so easily. Mid game build I usually have > {{item:3111}}{{item:1416}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3074}} + the Tenacity from the Yellow rune tree. As long as you can move you don't die in fights and you're always ready for one even during objectives where you get jumped. I personally prefer tanky bruiser. I take {{item:1416}} {{item:3078}} + boots and then build according to the game state. That one game I was originally building a{{item:3022}} but postponed it in favor of {{item:3065}} because I got the Ocean soul. I've been thinking and I think Shyvana can really change around her build depending on what elemental rift and dragon soul spawns (and since you're playing Shyvana there's a pretty good chance you'll get it). HP regen and lifesteal/ omnivamp for Ocean, raw tank stats for Mountain and AD focused for Infernal. Cloud doesn't offer as many options but Cloud soul allows you to skip {{item:3022}} in favor of {{item:3748}} and it'll let you switch {{item:1416}} for {{item:1419}} (although I'm not sure that'll be worth the gold investment, maybe if you're up against the likes of {{champion:11}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:23}} ).
: 1) Right now it's bugged to fuck, so your entire argument until they fix caitlyn and other champions quite literally one shotting people because of the elder buff is currently irrelevant. 2) Although they deserve to be punished, that punishment doesn't really fit the crime - they were winning, this entire game, they were *attempting to end*...and now suddenly they die if the right champions look at them funny. With no honest counterplay. 3) Have you forgotten that this is LEAGUE OF DAMAGE..? The *ONLY* time that you *MIGHT* have a point about "not having the comp or damage to do something" is on a mountain rift, and even then, that's almost not even a question.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NQARZX0r,comment-id=0001000200000000,timestamp=2019-11-21T18:53:54.056+0000) > > 1) Right now it's bugged to fuck, so your entire argument until they fix caitlyn and other champions quite literally one shotting people because of the elder buff is currently irrelevant. > > 2) Although they deserve to be punished, that punishment doesn't really fit the crime - they were winning, this entire game, they were *attempting to end*...and now suddenly they die if the right champions look at them funny. With no honest counterplay. > > 3) Have you forgotten that this is LEAGUE OF DAMAGE..? The *ONLY* time that you *MIGHT* have a point about "not having the comp or damage to do something" is on a mountain rift, and even then, that's almost not even a question. This is a discussion about the Elder buff while it's _not_ bugged. Obviously champions literally one-shotting others with Elder is not intentional. Also, if you're 15k gold down and up against a team with a dragon soul, you're NOT going to win with just elder, "League of Damage" be damned. [REMOVED BY MODERATION - ULANOPO]
: Ok, sure. But When the team that doesn't have the dragon soul, and thus has such god awful objective control, gets the elder dragon by either some stroke of luck or that desperation call while the enemy pushes in their base... Then what happens is the opposite. The team that deserves to be vaporized for blowing chunks, is suddenly executing the winning team at full hp. There are so many things wrong with your argument, but JUST THAT ONE would be enough to make me break a fucking computer.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NQARZX0r,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-11-21T18:44:40.889+0000) > > Ok, sure. But When the team that doesn't have the dragon soul, and thus has such god awful objective control, gets the elder dragon by either some stroke of luck or that desperation call while the enemy pushes in their base... > > Then what happens is the opposite. The team that deserves to be vaporized for blowing chunks, is suddenly executing the winning team at full hp. > > There are so many things wrong with your argument, but JUST THAT ONE would be enough to make me break a fucking computer. Umm, what? You think that a team that's hopelessly behind can magically win if they get elder? They're not even going to get the opponents' health bars close to that 20% execute threshold. Well sure, it can be a match decider if both teams are even at the time, but that's the whole intention of it. And in an even match it's only going to spawn at around 35 minutes at the earliest. Lastly, it's not like it's that different from baron, difference is that with baron you overpower the opponent with raw stats (and you get super minions on top of that) instead of an execute.
XeptionaL (EUW)
: Elemental Drake visual tint
Has everyone who is experiencing headaches or other viewing troubles tried reducing their screens' brightness and contrast settings? It's a known fact that a lot of people have these set way too high (also simply because many screens come out of the factory with these set way too high and people never bother to adjust them). Lower brightness and contrast on the screen makes viewing the screen for extended periods of time much less straining for the eyes.
AIQ (NA)
: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dohk99fU0AUPzCl.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mnl5t7za,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-20T18:11:06.317+0000) > > https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dohk99fU0AUPzCl.jpg Yeah, secured Ocean Dragon Soul as Shyv today in my first game of 9.23. I went full {{champion:36}} mode with Dragon Soul, Conqueror, Triumph and Spirit Visage the next teamfight.
: That's not a bug. That's what we call a potato.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=LEA7cnIK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-18T13:02:05.416+0000) > > That's not a bug. That's what we call a potato. Many people have had trouble since patch 9.22 and the new client dropped, myself included. Something in the code is a buggy mess that sends GPU/ CPU/ network load through the roof for no reason causing framedrops and crashes.
: 70% GPU usage with flunctuating FPS
They don't need to make the game run on 2+ cores, they need to fix the mess that's causing these issues. Game has always run flawlessly maxed out on my Pentium G4500 and Geforce GTX1050 for crying out loud and even people with top-end machines see their framerates drop significantly below 60 at times. Since 9.22 I get regular framedrops and every 3-4 matches the game crashes forcing me to do a brute-force restart by pressing the power button (thank the gods for SSD and UEFI so I'm only out for 2 mins). Someone dropped a Ziggs R on a piece of code that as a result now overloads GPU/ CPU/ Network connections causing all this nonsense.
koshkyra (NA)
: Riot is sacrificing the identity of the support role to make it more “fun” and appealing.
Well, the overwhelming majority of players don't like playing a 'traditional' support as shown by the support role being rock bottom in the popularity charts since time immemorial (although I believe it's recently been overtaken by jungling). Riot have tried for the last about 5 years to make playing a traditional support appeal to a broader audience to no avail so the next logical step is to open up the support role to more champion archetypes besides enchanters, tanks and mages with Pyke and Senna being the vanguard. And expect other AD champions like to go support as well. That by no means means that traditional supports are being phased out though, just that the support roster is going to be more diverse. Although it does probably mean that the era of ADCs who are completely dependent on their support to survive is over ( although the only example of that I can currently think of is Kog).
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: Her being able to hit turrets with her Q is too much. Either let Lucian's Q hit the same way or remove it. Also, just wait and see till Senna becomes new Karma and Kayle on top lane with Kleptomancy, her Q actually procs One Klepto stack.
> [{quoted}](name=Vlada Cut,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vJwobMv4,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-11-11T20:39:10.855+0000) > > Her being able to hit turrets with her Q is too much. > > Either let Lucian's Q hit the same way or remove it. > > Also, just wait and see till Senna becomes new Karma and Kayle on top lane with Kleptomancy, her Q actually procs One Klepto stack. Klepto will be gone in 8 days so I fail to see the problem.
: Recently, I had a senna obliterate me while I was playing assassin Kayn. I was fed. She only had 5 kills. I hit her with a full combo and she still killed me before I could kill her. Isn't league of legends fun?
> [{quoted}](name=Emperør Rhaast,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vJwobMv4,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-11-12T08:11:06.923+0000) > > Recently, I had a senna obliterate me while I was playing assassin Kayn. I was fed. She only had 5 kills. I hit her with a full combo and she still killed me before I could kill her. Isn't league of legends fun? What? A fed Blue Kayn can one-shot her before the wind-up of a single cannon shot finishes unless she built GA + Deaths' Dance (taking a whole bunch of damage away from her until full build) or received a ton of heals and shields from someone else. If that was not the case you either missed most of your combo or are flat out lying.
: Is it fair that if someone AFKs, everybody that is on the Losing team loses LP?
No, because a system like that will cause LP/ MMR inflation. It's also a fairer system than you might think, because there's a higher chance there's an AFK on the opposing team than on yours (given that you're not AFK yourself). So in the end you can expect a slight LP/ MMR GAIN from AFKs. No, the current system is not the "morally high ground" but it's better than a system that prevents LP/MMR loss when you're the victim of an AFK which is short term solace but completely fucks up the value of LP/ MMR long term.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mimr,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LKItzN8n,comment-id=000a00030000,timestamp=2019-10-28T13:01:28.803+0000) > > I cannot remember Kled having %HP true damage. Kled is still miles better than Fiora. He's tankier. He does more damage. He brings more to a team.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LKItzN8n,comment-id=000a000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T15:06:28.752+0000) > > Kled is still miles better than Fiora. > > He's tankier. > He does more damage. > He brings more to a team. That still doesn't make him the "literal better Fiora". Different champions, very different niche. Kled is a lane bully and teamfight initiator, Fiora is a lategame hypercarry and tankbuster.
Mihalikb (EUW)
: Funny how you omitted Kled. The literal better Fiora.
> [{quoted}](name=Mihalikb,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LKItzN8n,comment-id=000a0003,timestamp=2019-10-28T03:59:23.958+0000) > > Funny how you omitted Kled. The literal better Fiora. I cannot remember Kled having %HP true damage.
: What Legendary Skin did you get
Me: is thinking of playing Yasuo more Also me: gets Nightbringer Yasuo Rito trying to tell me something?
Paroe (NA)
: Considering why it was made, can riot even remove ohmwrecker in good conscious?
I'd agree with a rework but Riot removed items that grant hp, armor and mr on the same item for a very good reason. It's too slot-efficient.
: Please Show Us Which Order Drakes Will Spawn In During Champ Select Next Season.
No, that would make picks and bans way too predictable. Also ppl would dodge if they see a drake line-up they don't like. I like that you'll have to adapt to what happens on the map, it'll be a nice twist to the old formula.
: Way to go your S10 changes take everything we hate and make it even worse.
You are aware Infernal Drake and Cloud drake do exactly the opposite from Earth and Ocean drake and benefit immobile champions the most by opening up the map and offering speed boosts respectively, right?
: Since cloud drake will give CDR for your ult... can you actually make it work for Kog'Maw too?
Probably won't happen in Kogs' case. The delay you're experiencing is caused by the fact that the system is unable to handle more than 1 Kog R projectile being active in the game at the same time. Fixing that would require recoding the entire ability and all associated animations across all skins from the ground up. I feel it would be better to rebalance the ability around being a static CD (like Corki R) rather than enable Kog to shoot 3 artillery projectiles every second. Both easier to balance and saves a ton of resources.
Snowbrand (EUW)
: if adding GW to a pretty much non-existing champ totally breaks me, that tells me something is fundamentally wrong. Not with kled, but with how healing and counters to healing works. Fix that first maybe (Riot)?
> [{quoted}](name=Snowbrand,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K3Zx6Tvq,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-07-24T19:28:56.162+0000) > > if adding GW to a pretty much non-existing champ totally breaks me, that tells me something is fundamentally wrong. Not with kled, but with how healing and counters to healing works. Fix that first maybe (Riot)? Kled was in a fine spot. Not overtuned, not undertuned and a small but still significant group that plays him. If you look up his patch history he was almost unchanged ever since his release meaning he was a very healthy and well-designed champion. Now he's just beyond OP because he now counters his own biggest weakness, champions who can outlast and sustain through his bursty trades. He needs to get nerfed somewhere if Riot doesn't want to remove the Grievous Wounds mechanic from his kit meaning that he'll likely become a clumsy wreck because all his abilities work so well together right now.
: No. No really, the game is stupid.
What you are seeing is assassin comps steamrolling the game within 15-20 minutes when they get fed. Which is actually intended design. Games that are decided after 5 minutes are supposed to end quickly now, while close games are supposed to last longer thanks to various comeback mechanics ( And in my experience they actually do). HOWEVER, if the "standard comp" with tank/support/ADC/bruiser/mage makes it out of the laning phase while being not too far behind, the assassin comp is as good as dead. They have no backbone in teamfights so they cannot initiate nor position which will ultimately result in a destroyed nexus.
Juxin (NA)
: Seriously don't understand the point in the PBE if we never actually test shit.
I find it hilarious that so many people think that PBE = Live in all aspects and that if it works on the PBE it works on live. Do all of you seriously think that Electrocute and Phase Rush not working (along with a host of other things) would have gone under the radar for three whole weeks? I can't say exactly what happened to make the initial release on live of patch 9.14 such a bugfest but I can tell you that the source of these problems are the Live servers and not the PBE.
: Revert 9.14 if you care about the game Riot (Long Post)
Aaand .5 second lockout of Singed Q is gone, so you can simmer down again.
: People troll my games because I pick Vel'koz support.
Honestly, Vel'Koz should never have been allowed to go support (just like stuff like Brand, Zyra and Xerath). They just don't have any way to, well, support their ADC besides some CC that is in their kits for self defense and combo setup. Sure, they can work with ADC's that have a good earlygame or who are really safe ({{champion:81}} ) but someone who wants to play, say, Kog'Maw or Jinx is going to be rightfully angry because you provide nothing to alleviate their weak early games. If you want to play a support that can deal damage while you have a Jinx or something, pick Lux or something, that way you have at least a shield to throw out.
: I was diamond on that game. Balance team was AMAZING as well as their design team. Only reason why no one is playing it is because blizzard stopped focusing on it, and most people had no idea it even existed. The meta revolved around good team comps and who can counter meta heroes, and even off meta heroes were still useful if you were good at the game. Not in league where meta champions are just pick-ban broken unfun trash and anything that's not S tier isnt going to get you past low platinum. One day I hope a MOBA will come out that will force league to get their shit together or stomp them out entirely.
> [{quoted}](name=kaisas asscheeks,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l1sAczR2,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-29T05:19:04.417+0000) > > I was diamond on that game. Balance team was AMAZING as well as their design team. Only reason why no one is playing it is because blizzard stopped focusing on it, and most people had no idea it even existed. The meta revolved around good team comps and who can counter meta heroes, and even off meta heroes were still useful if you were good at the game. Not in league where meta champions are just pick-ban broken unfun trash and anything that's not S tier isnt going to get you past low platinum. > > One day I hope a MOBA will come out that will force league to get their shit together or stomp them out entirely. Eh, I quit that game when Blizzard openly said they wanted tanks and healers to be mandatory in a teamcomp if you wanted any chance at winning. Then what's the point in maining any of the other 5 or 6 hero subclasses when Blizzard makes the least desired roles the most powerful? If you wanted to climb you'd be stuck filling as a tank or healer because no one else wants to.
Kelg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TlEfcUsm,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T17:22:47.504+0000) > > Plot twist : > > The 3 armor item he bough : {{item:1029}} {{item:1029}} {{item:1029}} Just checked and it was actually 2 i had {{item:3056}} {{item:3143}} but I also had {{item:3151}} {{item:3116}} and had around 3400 hp and 208 armor. Still shouldnt be bursting me down.
> [{quoted}](name=Kelg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TlEfcUsm,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T18:05:39.677+0000) > > Just checked and it was actually 2 i had {{item:3056}} {{item:3143}} but I also had {{item:3151}} {{item:3116}} and had around 3400 hp and 208 armor. Still shouldnt be bursting me down. Again, there's no effing way Talon gets through that in 2 seconds including Morde's 1k shield at that point. You have around 13-14K effective HP against physical damage with 3400 HP and a 1000 HP shield. Well, maybe if he has full build including {{item:3071}} {{item:3036}} , a triple Infernal Drake and Baron + Elder. But at that point it's gg anyways.
Kelg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SuicidePlank,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TlEfcUsm,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T16:51:28.750+0000) > > Well I would believe that, if my Botlane was as good as theirs. > Fuck, I would play Tanks more often, if I could rely on other people and them pulling their weight. Tanks would be worth a damn if everything didn't just tear through armor. I literally built 3 armor items as Mordekaiser and was getting assassinated by a Talon in less than 2 seconds(we were both at full build). Only time I could kill him was if I ulted. This shouldn't be happening.
> [{quoted}](name=Kelg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TlEfcUsm,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T16:56:00.411+0000) > > Tanks would be worth a damn if everything didn't just tear through armor. I literally built 3 armor items as Mordekaiser and was getting assassinated by a Talon in less than 2 seconds(we were both at full build). Only time I could kill him was if I ulted. This shouldn't be happening. That just doesn't happen. A while back I was playing as Shyvana. Talon got fed, reached level 6 and just obliterated me in my own jungle while poor little me was just level 4. I managed to claw my way back though, got pretty fed myself and got I think 2 major armor items (can't remember which ones exactly, probably{{item:3075}} {{item:3143}} ). 30 minutes later in one of the last fights in the game we got into a sort of a duel again. He attacked me, my health bar hardly moved and I just casually EWAAQ-ed him down without even using R. Another story, Lucian (me) vs. Shaco. I did pretty well in that game but Shaco just continuously one-shot me. So in the endgame I decided to build {{item:3047}} {{item:3143}} with the reasoning "dead carries don't deal damage". Result: the damage Shaco's full combo did to me was HALVED. Instead of one-shotting me he just dealt half a health bar of damage, more than enough opportunity for me to fight back.
Kelg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TlEfcUsm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-28T16:45:16.575+0000) > > Tanks are not obsolete, and are still the defacto best class in the game bar none and its not even a competition. imagine unironically believing this
> [{quoted}](name=Kelg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TlEfcUsm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T16:47:30.446+0000) > > imagine unironically believing this It's true now that old Conqueror is out and new Conqueror has been nerfed to the point of just being another keystone, as long as you have a coordinated team. The LUL LEAGUE OF BURST complaint is a bad meme by now. Tanks are the backbone of your teamfight formations. A good tank makes his carries unreachable. Then it's just right click for the carries. And unless you're packing serious amounts of true damage tanks can survive more than long enough for their carries to just delete the enemy team. Tanks' only weakness at the moment is their carries actually surviving the laning phase and of course themselves not feeding their ass off. If they can do that and the other team doesn't have a tank it's gg because they won't have any teamfight cohesion. Now imagine {{champion:113}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:20}} also actually being able to carry their squihies through the laning phase because they have excellent ganks from level 3 onward and you have the recipe for why these are God-tier for coordinated high skill play.
: Where's Qiyanna?
Been wondering about that too, want to give her a spin.
Prozzak (NA)
: lol why? This will just lead to even more people complaining about being hardstuck in elo hell.
> [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iB8JkrEG,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-24T04:26:35.398+0000) > > lol why? This will just lead to even more people complaining about being hardstuck in elo hell. If you start in Silver as a fresh level 30 you're going to drop down to Iron IV in no time, annoying people along the way because you can't keep up with them. Same happened to me years ago when I got lucky in my ranked placements and got carried a bunch of times. Placed in Silver 4, dropped to the then-bottom-of-the-barrel Bronze 5. Eventually I got better and carried myself bacvk out to Silver. If you feel you're stuck in "elo hell" _you belong there_. If you're in Iron but your true skill level is Silver you're going to carry yourself out in no time.
: I mean at the rate you're going, there aren't going to be any top laners at all that aren't cancer.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eTJhtogg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-23T07:43:25.902+0000) > > I mean at the rate you're going, there aren't going to be any top laners at all that aren't cancer. It's a well-known fact that top lanes' internal balance is poop at the moment. Most of the roster hard counters half the champions in it but gets shat on by the other half. Who is meta top is mostly simply dictated by who has the least of said hard counters (in this case Tahm, Riven, Aatrox, Vlad, Mordekaiser and Urgot and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple of names).
: Riot why are you putting newly level 30 players in their ranked promos in our ranked games?
New lvl 30 players should start their placements at the bottom of the barrel, not somewhere in low silver.
Jaspers (EUW)
: True but currently there are millions of Xerath, Taliyah, Ornn etc main out there not spending money on the game. Kai'Sa can have 2 skins in a year, instead of 3 and those players can spend money on the game instead of not. Here's another scenario, a high player popular champ who has a lot of skins already (Ezreal, Lux etc) their mains might not buy a new skin as they have a lot already, why buy this new one when they both has Ultimate which are better? So out of (example) 5 million Lux or Ez mains, only 1 million actually buy the new skin because it's just another skin/doesn't add anything. Yet, out of 1 million Taliyah mains, 800k will buy the skin because they are starved from skins.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LbMqk70A,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-06-21T08:48:29.961+0000) > > True but currently there are millions of Xerath, Taliyah, Ornn etc main out there not spending money on the game. Kai'Sa can have 2 skins in a year, instead of 3 and those players can spend money on the game instead of not. > > Here's another scenario, a high player popular champ who has a lot of skins already (Ezreal, Lux etc) their mains might not buy a new skin as they have a lot already, why buy this new one when they both has Ultimate which are better? So out of (example) 5 million Lux or Ez mains, only 1 million actually buy the new skin because it's just another skin/doesn't add anything. Yet, out of 1 million Taliyah mains, 800k will buy the skin because they are starved from skins. Kai'Sa probably has twice the amount of mains as Xerath, Taliyah and Ornn have TOGETHER. So yeah, I can imagine why she gets skins. Only thing that bothers me about it is Kai'Sa's oversexualization. You're staring straight between her legs in her arcade skin splash art, I cannot say whether as her Bullet Angel skin you're looking straight at her thong or what I perceive as naked butt skin at first glance is just the color of her suit and in her classic skin she has a cleavage down till her belly button. And none of this has any lore reason whatsoever. Not even Eve, MF and Ahri (the only champions where them looking sexy actually has a _purpose_ ) are this bad FFS.
Zeyphel (NA)
: Sylas WinRate mid is now 42%
Tried a couple of games, I feel he's mostly fine. The only buff I would like to see is his passive damage to minions upped again, instead of reducing it all the way to 30% take it back up to 60% or something like that. His waveclear is just bad now without absurd amounts of AP. Also, I really like {{item:3115}} on him, it allows you to effectively make use of the 2 charge mechanic on his passive and it also shortens your downtime between spellcasts (only W resets his AA).
Zeyphel (NA)
: Sylas WinRate mid is now 42%
If you hit E2 I think he can still fight well enough. I'm far more concerned about his waveclear being gutted. Also going to try to build {{item:3115}} on him to see if it's worth it with the buffed passive. Also, PBE {{item:3027}} seems like a REALLY good fit on him, so let's hope that makes it through unscathed. I'd really like it if AP bruiser Sylas would become viable, seems like that's what he's designed to be.
: Morde 55% wr on day 1 in diamond +
2 things: - He's not very hard to play. - It takes a while to learn how to play around his R. Result: high winrate on release.
: How free market ruins gaming industry and all artistic products
There's a grain of truth in this but your text is so ridiculously exaggerated it's not even funny. Not in the mood to write an essay as to why atm.
: My favorite part is when the champion is attractive so that completely invalidates all lore and their entire backstory is garbage. You make that champion mildly attractive like Taliyah and BOOM, golden lore. You could see it happen with Kai'sa. She had a decent lore but because she didn't look crazy and her VO had a calm voice, her lore is now completely trash. Despite her lore being really decent if you actually read it and explaining how she ended up how she did in a completely justifiable way, they just call it trash.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=EAhB9p20,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-08T04:30:02.530+0000) > > My favorite part is when the champion is attractive so that completely invalidates all lore and their entire backstory is garbage. You make that champion mildly attractive like Taliyah and BOOM, golden lore. You could see it happen with Kai'sa. She had a decent lore but because she didn't look crazy and her VO had a calm voice, her lore is now completely trash. Despite her lore being really decent if you actually read it and explaining how she ended up how she did in a completely justifiable way, they just call it trash. The problem with Kai'Sa was that she had a cleavage down till her belly button for no reason whatsoever and yes, her being just a "human in a suit" was both a missed opportunity and also kind of unrealistic given she had spent the better part of a decade hunting void creatures close to a giant void portal. She and her void symbiote should have become almost 1 entity by the time she got out. As for how she should have looked, take a look at Kerrigan. She's equal parts Zerg and human while still being recognizable as the attractive young woman she once was. Really, the only reason I can come up with why Kai'Sa looks like she does is that some high-up marketing dude at Riot or Tencent said "sex sells so give her a massive cleavage for no good reason whatsoever".
: Whenever Riot releases an attractive champion
I mostly see complaints about her hairstyle not being appropriate for where she is from, her having unrealistically thick thighs and her simply being bland overall. Not that she's too sexy.
: {{champion:145}} if you really like the idea of going in as Lucian does she's by far the best choice, you'll enjoy her It's also great to have her as a playable champ for you when your team is full ad due to her hybrid dmg
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FvVzjvPv,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-31T20:25:54.778+0000) > > {{champion:145}} if you really like the idea of going in as Lucian does she's by far the best choice, you'll enjoy her > > It's also great to have her as a playable champ for you when your team is full ad due to her hybrid dmg I tried her in the past and back then it just didn't click, I didn't really "understand" her and did horribly. I've tried again for a couple of matches the last few days and maybe it's starting to click. I don't think I'll do the "standard" build on her though, feels way too squishy for me. I currently like {{item:3153}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3124}} as a core and am currently looking to expand on that with a more bruiser-like itemization to better survive in the thick of it, especially when teams these days are so prone to being full damage dealers and your "support" going full AP. {{item:3071}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3102}} or something. Or maybe {{item:3152}} instead of Cleaver. Gives a good mix of defense and offense and CDR allows me to cast E much more often lategame to reposition and keep the buff up.
: Just yesterday I had a game where my mid, adc, and support went a combined 5/40/25. The game was essentially a 2v5 and Jax and myself were able to carry. At 28 minutes, the score was 24-47 with a gold difference of 11.3k, one of our nexus towers was down, and the enemy had 3 cloud drakes. Should have I surrendered? Well the answer is no because I won that game. I would not have won if I quit to cater to my teammates who wanted out. https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3056487074/209287161?tab=overview
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EgrRWKML,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-02T19:20:51.386+0000) > > Just yesterday I had a game where my mid, adc, and support went a combined 5/40/25. The game was essentially a 2v5 and Jax and myself were able to carry. At 28 minutes, the score was 24-47 with a gold difference of 11.3k, one of our nexus towers was down, and the enemy had 3 cloud drakes. Should have I surrendered? Well the answer is no because I won that game. I would not have won if I quit to cater to my teammates who wanted out. > > https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3056487074/209287161?tab=overview That is an... interesting Taric build. Anyway, I think I'd be in favor of removing the option to surrender altogether. I guess we'll have to bite the bullet for a bit until players are used to it but I think it'll be better in the long run. So many games get given up on because the situation is getting hairy while there's still a chance to turn things around, especially if you have a scaling teamcomp. These teamcomps are a perfect example. The opposing team are all squishy damage dealers and Lux is building full AP instead of support. In other words, they have no teamfight presence. Play carefully, force 5v5s later in the game and you can turn it around. Ashe and Yasuo will probably still have trouble being useful but even a 0/20/0 Lulu will be useful by simply pressing ER on a fed Jax when he goes in.
: A late game champ with no late game.
IMO Singed needs a complete re-imagination. He has a kit that just doesn't... fit League. As in he's too much outside of Leagues' conventions, I'm not sure how to put it into words. Which makes balancing him and providing meaningful interaction with him a nightmare if not downright impossible. Playing a melee champ into him is one of the worst experiences you can have in LoL. If your kit allows you to kite him however, he can't do shit to you. Besides that, the only times he's meta it's through bullshit like proxying. Yes, he is unique, but in a bad way. Both his kit and model have aged horribly and it's time he got a Mordekaiser-level revamp.
Show more

Mimr

Level 140 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion