: If you're in solo queue you can solo carry, anything under plat can be solo carried. It's why smurfs and elo boosters are successful? Yes some games can't be won no matter what you do, but a fool who looks for anything "profound" outside of himself... lol you've got a long way to go. Also for ya'll who wanna claim it's a "teamgame" (same fools who will turn around and cry "1v1 me!") Faker for the longest time won championships damn near dragging the rest with him. Common knowledge among us common folk. Tyt i'll wait :D
Are you seriously comparing low-tier scrub league to the highest skill, competitive, tournaments out there? You're only proving me right that you haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. These are two very different incomparables. Strategies that work in one, don't work in the other. Yes it's the same game we're playing, but the skill of the players involved makes worlds of difference, to the point they simply can't be compared. Competitive tournaments and what happens in them is irrelevant to low tier, average play. >It's why smurfs and elo boosters are successful? The reason smurfs and elo boosters work is because they are highly skilled players going up against shit tier scrubs. Of course they fucking work you complete cretin. >but a fool who looks for anything "profound" outside of himself My comment regarding profound insights was clearly sarcastic. Do I have to spell this shit out for you? Clearly I do. >oh yeah and before I forget try watching the pro's because I.G. doesn't just farm they still pick fights and make big plays even when severely behind. SKT in the first week of the summer split has picked up on how I.G. does it, so can you. Good players don't make excuses they make solutions Do you know what the difference is? They are a professional team! Of course they can do it, and SKT is the best in the world! You and I are average players of barely comparable skill level. Again you're comparing incomparbles. That's like chiding someone who plays 5v5 football on Saturday mornings because he can't replicate what the professional league footballers are capable of. Fucking stupid.
: "Farming from behind." Isn't a solution and quite frankly if you can't carry the game solo you have no right to complain. Find a duo take up two different lanes and carry the game o/
>Carry solo >LoL is a team game You are the lowest brow of idiot. I was anticipating such profound insights
: Im only here to farm champions
Which is why you lose games when you're already behind
Rioter Comments
Bazerka (NA)
: TFT - What do y'all think?
Don't care for auto-chess, and don't play ARAM. Appeal = Nada
: Riot fix your fucking minions!
What's worse is minion block. A few seasons back (I think it was 6?) they made minion collision boxes bigger, so it was more awkward to path around them. Time and time again I find myself getting stuck in amongst both friendly, and enemy minions, whereas in the past I'd have been able to squeeze through the gaps no problem. If I had a penny for every time I'd lost a kill or been killed due to becoming entangled amongst minions I'd have all the money back that I've ever wasted on this game. Why they ever thought it was a good idea to make minions more of a pain in the arse to navigate around is beyond me. But that's Riot for you. "Do you want it? No? Too bad, deal with it!"
Gidrah (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrWasjig,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZWPUmp2y,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-31T10:24:56.359+0000) > > ...and I'll put money on it all being dutifully ignored by those who matter (literally anyone working on Voli's VGU.) > > Of course I don't want to be proved right. > > Still, it gets an upvote from me NOPE! Lutz (The one working on Volis VGU) responded to this same post on the Volibear mains reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/VolibearMains/comments/bv015r/i_hope_my_thoughts_and_feedback_on_volis_vgu_do
> NOPE! Lutz (The one working on Volis VGU) responded to this same post on the Volibear mains reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/VolibearMains/comments/bv015r/i_hope_my_thoughts_and_feedback_on_volis_vgu_do It's reassuring yes, but it's not a promise or guarantee. Same with the designer response on Fiddle. Reassuring, but nothing more. I'll remain sceptical, but hopeful for now (but mostly sceptical).
: Hah! Love this book. I read The King in Yellow cover-to-cover when I was still in high school, along with most of Lovecraft's library (ironically this is when I realized that Lovecraft was a terrible human being). The kind of horror I gravitate towards these days is many magnitudes more disturbing than "guy with a weird head" or "small yellow goblin man gets mauled to death by cat." Mostly revolving around human psychoses, but also liminal spaces, horrors of the natural world (versus eldritch, outer-space-horror), and plays on religious iconography/ritual that border on exaltation. Regardless, I have some ideas I'm playing with for Fiddle right now that I hope will surprise you in all the right ways (you pee a little). In my interview five years ago they asked what champion I wanted to write for the most. It was Fiddle then, and remains Fiddle now. I'm very excited.
: Why did you have to remind me what they did to Malzahar.
Because if we forget, they'll pull that bullshit again
: come on! Riot will deliver! <3
: I wouldn't celebrate just yet. I don't trust Riot's reworks anymore. It's either a good portion of the players who main the champs hate the rework, or the champ gets nerfed to the ground from being too strong AND a good portion of old mains hate the rework.
Where have we seen this before? Hmmm.... {{champion:72}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:82}} (Juggernaut rework, not his upcoming VGU) And this is just to name a few I can remember.
: > Don't worry, CertainlyT's nowhere to be found in the teams they said are gonna be handling those And thank God for that. I'm just kind of done with his whole style of "overload the kit and don't bother doing any playtesting to make sure they aren't frustrating to play against."
It's always been his style, and he's proud of it. Much to the detriment of everything he touches.
: Congrats on Fiddlestick and Volibear mains!
On the one hand, I'm happy to see some outdated champions getting full on updates. Especially Fiddle, this guy has been in need of some TLC since forever. On the other hand however, I have minimal faith that the essence and identity of these champions will be properly maintained while their kits are modernised. The initial comments regarding Fiddlededee look promising, with a wish to maintain his ambusher style and up his spookiness. Great, that's what I want to hear. But as it stands right now, they are merely wishful words on the lips of an eager designer. As the months go on we'll see if this remains the case, and I really hope it does. I think there's some serious potential to make Fiddlededah something seriously special. I can't make similar comments regarding Voli, I've never been hugely interested in him like Fiddle. I can only hope for the sake of his dedicated mains he becomes something they are happy with.
: Reason #1 forum is filled with toxicity : When a post is good and insightful, no ones gives a F- When a post is bad, incriminating riot, or generally not very well thought, 54645646 comments --------------------------------------------- This is a quality post, it gives a proper and well expressed opinion on what a volibear main likes about him.
> [{quoted}](name=The Anivia OTP,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZWPUmp2y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-30T23:34:39.701+0000) > > Reason #1 forum is filled with toxicity : > When a post is good and insightful, no ones gives a F- > When a post is bad, incriminating riot, or generally not very well thought, 54645646 comments > > --------------------------------------------- > > This is a quality post, it gives a proper and well expressed opinion on what a volibear main likes about him. ...and I'll put money on it all being dutifully ignored by those who matter (literally anyone working on Voli's VGU.) Of course I don't want to be proved right. Still, it gets an upvote from me
yukumari (NA)
: Riot is sending mixed messages with Janna.
It's almost as if they have no idea what they're doing....oh wait, I forgot bears still shit in the woods. Move along, nothing new to see here.
Leetri (EUW)
: You clearly have 0 clue at all what you're talking about. Riot even flew Malicious Metal out to test and give feedback on the new Mordekaiser because they know he's THE Mordekaiser guy in the community. It's plenty clear they've listened to what Mordekaiser mains want, just look around and stop being ignorant.
Okay so one, solitary player. Sure that totally undermines everything I said. One solitary obsessive out of a playerbase of a few thousand at the very least, all with a huge collective experience. I guess this also makes up for all the times in the past that buckets of well written, carefully thought out and constructive community feedback was dutifully ignored. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
mvmlego (NA)
: You said that under the patch notes where they reverted Zac's ultimate due to player feedback. Take your cynicism elsewhere, please.
Someone has to be cynical and make call outs. Otherwise we'd all be like a coprophiliac strawberry patch getting all it's Christmases at once, that is to say, taking any and all shit given to us without issue. Some players act like Riot can do no wrong, and if asked to put their mouth to the company's anus with the promise of free pudding, they'd do it. And it seems to me I'm not the only one who feels the need to call this stuff out.
Pale Mask (EUW)
: Mordekaiser Special Interactions
Fucking hell. I have to hand it to the VA, he did a terrifying job! o.o
: Hey! Morde's writer here. Appreciate you sharing your thoughts! A couple thoughts to share back. First, know that with any champion rework, we first seek to understand as deeply as possible what makes a champion great, what excites players about that champion, and what are the core essences that define who that champion is. From there, we set out to craft their place in wider Runeterra. Any change has the potential to be painful. Know that the folks on the team are all highly passionate players and story geeks to the Nth degree; no change was made lightly, and no expansion or shifted emphasis was done without heavy thought and robust discussion. One of the things I most appreciate about being at Riot is the space and time we give projects to do things as right as possible. Do we miss the mark sometimes? Well, to be human is to err. (Unless you're Mordekaiser. Then you just cease being human. :P) But I am grateful to have teams who are super passionate and knowledgeable all working to craft something to share that excites us and, we hope, the players that love this content. Onto some Morde specific thoughts: 1) Mordekaiser is an extremely accomplished necromancer - a soul of iron will and arcane power, and a warlord of deep intellect. Mordekaiser defied death by sheer force of will - a feat literally no other mortal on Runeterra had accomplished. The ghosts of the Shadow Isles are in the living realm because of a magical catastrophe; Mordekaiser _refused to accept the reality around him_. He gained necromantic powers in the death realm by listening to the maddening whispers of souls and *deciphering an unspoken language* over untold time, teaching himself Ochnun. (I barely learned some broken Spanish after 4 years of studying, so, uh, there's that.) Through those profane whispers, he also figured out how to speak across the veil of death and deceive mortals into thinking they could bring him back and bind him to their will - only to slaughter them all. Once returned, he didn't kill without a plan, despite what his enemies thought: > To his foes, it seemed he cared only for massacre and destruction. Entire generations perished under his relentless campaigns. > However, there was far more to Mordekaiser’s plan. He raised the Immortal Bastion at the center of his empire; while most assumed it was merely a seat of power, some came to know the secrets it held. Mordekaiser hungered for all the forbidden knowledge of spirits and death, and a true understanding of the realm… or realms… beyond. Mordekaiser sought out more arcane knowledge about the dead and about spirits, growing his necromantic powers while doing what he did best in his first life - conquering - all to serve his bigger purpose. He also built an impossible physical monument to his power that has secrets yet untold. And all of that empowered him to harvest souls, grow his necromantic power, and build an army of spirits bound to his will. It takes a necromancer of some power to exert such control. Also, Mordekaiser's rebuke of death was so thorough that he learned how to forge his own afterlife and realm. He is a necromancer not bound to physical totems or phylacteries, but has managed to reject the very cycle of life and death that seemed his destiny. 2) Mordekaiser is the warlord that inspired the entire Noxian empire. Take a look at his quote: "Destiny. Domination. Deceit." You might find it maps to the Noxian / Trifarix principles of strength: "Vision, Might, Guile." Consciously or not, Mordekaiser's legacy spawned an entire culture that emulated his conquests and his philosophies. Yet to him, Noxians are a watered down imitation of his previous glory. At the same time, to every day Noxians, his legacy as a conqueror is of mythic proportions - legends so big, they are hard to believe as history. (A real world comparison is the Romulus and Remus mythos around the founding of Rome.) 3) Mordekaiser is an unstoppable threat and a major force that looms over Runeterra. His first return, when his necromantic powers were new, resulted in a massive period of tyrannical rule that took both betrayal from within and united enemies from without to stop him. Now, he has amassed an army of souls, collected powerful arcane knowledge, and has plans and machinations in place... 4) There was a lot of discussion that led to Morde no longer being associated with the Shadow Isles. It was not a decision we made lightly. In fact, I originally argued against it, but came to agree with our narrative lead and lead editor on why it is the stronger story choice. Ultimately, we made the call due to a number of factors: **Death magic and necromancers exist beyond the Shadow Isles.** Runeterra is a big place, with a long history. The Shadow Isles was just one (albeit enormous) cataclysmic event that caused a specific area of Runeterra to become frozen in time, and to have a very specific form of undeath permeate the land. Ultimately, Mordekaiser's old connection to Shadow Isles felt primarily driven by a feeling that we had to shoehorn him into our "ghost faction". In our current storytelling efforts, we're interested in expanding our factions out beyond some of those wide (and as a result flat) characterizations that were made in years past. Another great example of this is how Demacia is more than just "the good guys" faction, as seen in how they deal with their relationship to magic, brought to the forefront with Sylas and Lux's story (shameless comic plug here - go read it!). **Questions of geography / narrative complexity** In terms of our geography, Shadow Isles is far flung from where the Immortal Bastion is. (Yay, Runeterra Map!) While I loved the idea that it took taking Morde's remains across the world to prevent him from returning, ultimately it felt honoring Morde's connections to the Immortal Bastion yielded more rich storytelling space. It also simplified a narrative beat in his backstory, allowing me to zero in on his arc and agency, rather than a moment of denied choice where outside forces moved him, and then an outside cataclysm happened to bring him back. **I wanted Mordekaiser to shed all mortal weakness.** A big guiding star for me was the question, "what makes Morde metal and terrifying and unique?" How do we take "necromantic warlord" and push him to an 11? One answer that excited us - rather than having a physical weakness of his mortal remains, what if he shed just about everything that made him remotely human? To me, his title, "The Iron Revenant," served a lot of inspiration in this regard, and further cemented the pivot away from his remains being a major weakness or vulnerability. 5) For a character like Mordekaiser, who spans massive swaths of Runeterra's timeline and history, his story has large impacts on larger reaching histories and stories we are setting up to tell. Clarifying and focusing Mordekaiser's story in allows us to help make greater sense of many other characters and champs. Some stories are just subtle hints right now, breadcrumbs that I can't wait to explore more fully in other outlets than just Mordekaiser's bio. This leads to some more general thoughts in regards to writing for Riot and League: 6) A huge challenge of being a narrative writer on League of Legends is the space in which we get to tell the story of a champion. In game, the main narrative outlet is a champ's voiceover script - a very specific set of lines, with very tight gameplay constraints on length. It definitely has its strengths and weaknesses as a storytelling expression. Out of game, we have a champ's biography and color story. A bio is, by its nature, more summary than story, more exposition told as evocatively as possible than scene-driven in depth storytelling. Our color stories are also a very specific length, and are crafted to give a very specific snapshot of the champion in action. With a champ that's larger than life like Mordekaiser, this means that there's much that remains untold in full, many details that must be summarized, and TONS of story space that is ripe for deeper exploration in future storytelling endeavors. And honestly, that's part of the joy as well - leaving tantalizing questions for players to ask, to explore, to theorize, and to discover. For now, I have to leave Mordekaiser with his Bio, VO, and color story. But if players are excited to learn more about his history, I hope we'll have more opportunities to expand and explore as we continue to strive as a narrative team to help move Runeterra's events forward in time. Whew, this got quite long - apologies! I hope these thoughts were interesting, and helped to answer a bit of the question "why did his lore have to change?" as well as address some of your feelings that he isn't the epic, metal champ he was! Thanks for reading and caring about Mordekaiser, this game, and our world and story as much as you do, and sharing that with us. :)
So in short, as per usual community feedback has been ignored and a champion's identity was totally ruined. But it's okay cuz "we thought about it really hard guys, honest". Yeah such reassurances ring pretty hollow. Why? Because we've heard it before whenever such a major change receives poor reception. Like say....oh, when Morde last had a major change when Juggernauts became a thing. Remember that? When Morde was made into a melee ADC....because reasons, and his kit was so drastically changed to crowbar him into role so damn hard. A role nobody wanted, and that nobody was asking for. And despite consistent feedback and complaints about it months following that, he was left with a hamstringed kit that forced him into a role nobody wanted for him. And now the same thing is happening all over again, only this time it's hamstringing his character and back story. And why? Just because! But again it's okay because "we thought about it really hard guys. No really". I didn't even care about Morde's backstory prior to this, heck, any champion's backstory save for a select few. But having read the comparison between his old (totally kickass) lore and his new (comparatively shittier) lore, I find myself genuinely annoyed at how hard it's been crapped on and downgraded....and I don't even care about champion lore! So then why am I so annoyed about it? Because it shows a complete lack of care on Riot's part about players, and player feedback. Y'know, the people that pour hours of their goddamn life into this game, it's characters, it's stories. The people who are intimately familiar with all these aspects, are consistently ignored. And in the case of Mordekaiser it's even more galling. Because Morde has always been a niche pick, but enjoyed by a small and extremely dedicated group of players. The kind that know him inside and out, both in and out of the game itself. Where they given any calls to provide feedback? To give their input? No, probably not. I don't even need to go looking to double check, because I know they weren't given that chance. And any feedback given now is going to be dutifully ignored, because it's already done. It's written. It's going to be released, and never is anything given drastic change after release without another complete champion overhaul. This is more directed at Riot in general, and it's inability to listen to player feedback. It's been like this for years now. And nobody fucking dare bring up Little Demon Tristana. Skins are entirely superfluous to more core aspects of the game, and letting players vote on new skins is just a token gesture to make it appear like players are listened to, when it's all just smoke and mirrors.
: Patch 9.11 notes
That nerf to Rammus' ult is pretty brutal
: Please, please just admit you guys messed up the Akali rework, it is legitimate torture for anyone who mains the champion to adjust to these relentless nerfs. It just has to be accepted that the problem will never be solved with her numbers, the flaws are just inherent with how her kit is designed. Trust me I love to play the champion, she is great in that regard but no matter how bad she is she will always just be annoying and bad for the game. Everyone will be so much happier if you guys finally own up to the fact that you screwed up and overhaul her kit or try again with the rework, or even just revert her to the at least balanced state she was before, anything but this. Please just don't nerf her into the ground then leave her to die, at least be open and give the community information on what you guys are planning or experimenting with to try to FIX the champion rather than just blindside us with nerf after nerf. Thanks, A concerned former Akali one-trick
But that's just how Riot operates. They never admit fuck ups
: Hey mChao, I'm a fellow writer (though not nearly as successful as you, I'm still getting my degree!) You do great work, my friend! I know how it feels to work hard on something you're proud of, only for someone to not take feelings into account when thinking of how to word their feedback. Don't let anyone tell you your work sucks! You did amazing, and even if it didn't live up to some people's expectations that doesn't mean it isn't still a great piece of work! Keep up the good job, I'm proud of you and I look forward to you producing more. :)
No work is immune to criticism. And shutting it out is detrimental to the work itself, and your skills as a creative.
Darox (NA)
: What would you say about %health true damage? I agree with the idea that flat true damage is a meaningful way of having predictable damage, and that buying health to counteract it vs resistances to counter physical or magic damage is a good way to create different build paths from game to game. However, %health true damage bypasses any kind of "building around it" mentality, because it does a fixed amount of un-counterable damage no matter what you build. It's not extremely common in the game overall, and it's not like anyone is dealing 50% max health true damage with a single ability, but I do find it's the most frustrating damage type to play against. Even with the nerfs to Rageblade, if Vayne autos you several times with the passive up you ARE going to die, even if you have 10,000 health and 1000 armor/mr. That's obviously an extreme example, but I'm only trying to make the point that it doesn't feel very rewarding to get tanky vs champions %health true damage.
I made a comment above regarding %MaxHP damage, and how devastating it can be to the balance of some champiosn, but True% Damage is even worse. It's a good thing it's only in VERY limited supply. Vayne is the obvious example, but she's balanced by her high skill floor and fragility (at least on paper). So it evens out (or at least is SUPPOSED to even out). But I agree that it rarely feels fair to fight against.
IainG10 (EUW)
: Sadly it's still there on Vayne
Well in the case of Vayne that's her intended role. A tank buster, and it always has been. So in her case %MaxHP True damage makes sense. She's supposed to be able to cut through beefy targets inherently. Of course this is balanced by her high skill floor and innate fragility (in theory anyway). Meanwhile other AD Carries need to build tank buster items to fill that role. But a few years back, I recall Riot seeming to give everyone new %MaxHP damage (physical or magical, not true. My memory was off) regardless of whether or not it made sense to the champion's role or kit. It was just damage creep, which I recall seriously screwing with the game balance and lead to shit like Tank Ekko and similar. Because all the %MaxHP damage just gave champions who didn't need it WAY too much innate damage, where they would otherwise need items and time to scale. I can't comment on how such matters have been in the last couple years since I've been away from the game, but at the time it was a total nightmare.
IainG10 (EUW)
: The one I can pick out easily is %MaxHP True Damage; the entire point of True Damage is to counter resist stacking. Making it also counter HP stacking (which is meant to be countered with pen-stacking) means it has exactly 0 counterplay, beyond "just blow them up first". As long as %MaxHP exists tank stats are completely pointless. Conqueror is also a terrible idea in its current form; True Damage should not be available to every champion. Sure, it means if a team picks only physical (AD) damage dealers they won't be able to deal with an armour-stacker, but then _why did you pick an entire physical damage team_?
Oh yeah %MaxHP damage (true or otherwise) I remember that bullshit. I recall a few years ago they were handing it out to almost every new champion....
: how I see the ranked and Riot at the moment
So in other words, absolutely nothing has changed. Riot still wilfully ignores the real problems with the game while pissing around with superfluous bullshit.
: It really isn't though, and you ignore the design decisions around using True damage by blindly saying it needs to go.
Care to expand on that? What are the design decisions around using true damage?
: New Players
Safe yourself the trouble, and don't get invested. Find another game to play. No I'm serious. The hardship and struggle necessary to play this game is not worth the payout.
: Morde is simply perfect.
Wait, Morde's finally getting a major update? It's about fucking time. When was he last updated in any significant way? The Juggernaut update if I recall rightly. So how long is that, 4 years? That's slow even for a glacier...
: I would never choke. I'm *far* too good to make that kind of mistake.
: Yes you do. You commented not once, but twice lol. Not surprising, I *am* pretty awesome.
: Akali is worse than RYZE at this point
Why revert? That'd be admitting a fuck up
: Before renerfing Aatrox into the ground, consider reverting some of the hotfix's changes
What I find hilarious is that they've basically made a second Riven with his multi hit damage/mobility spell, and bags of CC, all while dishing out loads of damage and being a burning pain in the arse to kill...
: Riot has said they don't recommend that people buy the chests.
> [{quoted}](name=nooperton,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dMFm099h,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-24T21:25:00.184+0000) > > Riot has said they don't recommend that people buy the chests. Source?
: https://i.imgur.com/vB9B5.gif[/img] The main thing though is helping people post on the boards. The boards are *far* from user friendly, and no section is as heavily reliant on images and gifs as M&G. For example, I wrote the [User Guide: Posting Images and Gifs on the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/memes/LwiE97JE-user-guide-posting-images-and-gifs-on-the-boards) that is pinned to the top of the section. I also try to help any time I see someone posting an image incorrectly, as the boards doesn't really have anything built in to help people at all.
Yeah that's not an identity you should be owning.... (Also my question was rhetorical. I don't care)
Rioter Comments
: The only reason I am not in diamond yet is because of shit matchmaking, CertainlyT, and lag
: What about the pre-set runes and the painfully slow grind of unlocking summs/runes? It feels really unfair how limited tjhey are, even if they are new. They alreayd have pre-set runes and they aren't shown how to use the summs or runes once unlocked or what they go well with.
Well nothing has changed there. It's always been a painfully slow grind to unlock everything. I'm not sure if it's been changed at all in the last two years, but getting an account from 0 to 30 was agonising. And with the old rune page system, if you wanted a full, decent page of runes, you'd practically have to ration the number of champions you bought with IP if you wanted enough for rune pages.
: Riot doesn't care
Tempted to fucking quit again myself...because above all else this game is lacking a crucial component. Fun.
YokoNomi (NA)
: Having come back to League, I've so far lost one promo to get into silver, and am either one loss or one win away from deciding if this is the one. It's... trying. I won't deny that a part of me still wonders why I played the last match that I did, giving it my all, only for it to just perish in the end. I'm learning as I get back into the game, viewing the game from a new perspective, and acting in ways I can't imagine I'd have done so in the past. Even in my losses, I retain the feeling that I'm getting better. Frustrations are still there, yes... but eh. I'm inherently short tempered, and while I am getting immensely better at dealing with that part of me, it's still fairly easy to relate a loss to any sort of negative emotion, whether internal or potentially external. It is what it is. We are our own masters in terms of what we do or don't do. If you find yourself stressing too much, then take a break. Take a step back, do something else. Come back, and before you get into another game, meditate... rather than just playing again after cooling off. Evaluate your actions and the actions of those you've played with, and see what you can do to learn from it. There will be plenty of matches where it's clear that a snowball the size of Sona's boobs have decimated your match. Those matches also happen. But the matches where you can get your foot in and experience it... those you learn from. As weird as it sounds, it has helped me quite a bit with my overall view of the experience as a whole. By the way, if at least part or all of this post feels or is nonsensical, it's because I'm balls tired.
> [{quoted}](name=YokoNomi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4A4NJjR0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-02T21:13:33.973+0000) > > Having come back to League, I've so far lost one promo to get into silver, and am either one loss or one win away from deciding if this is the one. It's... trying. I won't deny that a part of me still wonders why I played the last match that I did, giving it my all, only for it to just perish in the end. > > I'm learning as I get back into the game, viewing the game from a new perspective, and acting in ways I can't imagine I'd have done so in the past. Even in my losses, I retain the feeling that I'm getting better. Frustrations are still there, yes... but eh. I'm inherently short tempered, and while I am getting immensely better at dealing with that part of me, it's still fairly easy to relate a loss to any sort of negative emotion, whether internal or potentially external. > > It is what it is. We are our own masters in terms of what we do or don't do. If you find yourself stressing too much, then take a break. Take a step back, do something else. Come back, and before you get into another game, meditate... rather than just playing again after cooling off. Evaluate your actions and the actions of those you've played with, and see what you can do to learn from it. There will be plenty of matches where it's clear that a snowball the size of Sona's boobs have decimated your match. Those matches also happen. But the matches where you can get your foot in and experience it... those you learn from. As weird as it sounds, it has helped me quite a bit with my overall view of the experience as a whole. > > By the way, if at least part or all of this post feels or is nonsensical, it's because I'm balls tired. If you played some of the games I've played you will question what is to be learned from the experience, other than "I now know I can rely on my team to be totally useless, oblivious, and take other such actions which make me question their mental capabilities"...
Rioter Comments
: Would not reccomend this game to new players
I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, full stop. Probably put a total of about 5 years into this game. Yet despite the sheer time invested, I would never, ever recommend someone go and download this game if they've never touched it. The only reason I continue to play? Is because I made the mistake of getting invested.
: Popular Champions Getting Skins: They aren't Riot's favorites.
This still doesn't take the onus off of Riot. There are champions who are absolutely starved for skins, either they have very few, or haven't had one in literally years, and yet they're repeatedly ignored. So it might not be favouritism, but it's still down to Riot.
: Give us the report button in Match History.
> How are they not getting banned? Because this game is trash
Madjack01 (EUW)
: I wish you all a nice weekend
Going to need more than well wishes to win sadly...
: What is the WORST game of LoL you've ever played?
: I really miss League of Legends
I came back after a two year hiatus. In some ways the game has changed dramatically, in others it's the same. One constant however? I'm not having fun. Be it the recent (as in last few years) balance and gameplay direction, or general interaction with other players (which in-game is 90% hostile and toxic), regardless of the reason, playing this game feels like a chore. So why am I still playing after realising this? Because that ONE game. That ONE victory makes you _think_ it's all worth it (emphasis on think). The other day while talking to friends I likened League to smoking. It's an utterly miserable experience, that drains money from your wallet, gains you no benefit and yet is so difficult to stop. Just unlike smoking there's no cancer....well, no physical cancer anyway.
Wolfeur (EUW)
: The nostalgia goggles are strong. The game is not less fun than before, you just get tired of it. Toxicity hasn't risen, in fact it's getting better every year, but you've become fed up with it. The problem is not the game, it's your relationship with and view on the game.
Don't know what sort of happy rainbow funland you're living in, but it's certainly not better. It's as bad as it's ever been. People are assholes, through and through. I came back to this game a few weeks ago following a two year gap after quitting. Everyone is as big a cu-nt now as they were then.
: this game fills too many niches for me. it has mechanics, strategy, teamwork, and macro play. I love all of those types of games.
Fair dos. I'm pretty much the same, just elements outside of the game itself (Dev, players etc) have made it far too difficult to enjoy for me.
: Half of the complaints are things where people seriously just need to git gud. I try and refrain from giving that as advice, but, seriously, half of the things people are whining about can be solved by simply thinking differently or being more skilled. Graves is too strong? Ban him, play a counter to him, or just outplay him. Yasuo's broken? He's a royal pain in the ass to fight, sure, but he's not broken. Lethality's broken? Play an assassin against whoever's building it, or just buy Thornmail. Sure, there are some legitimate complaints (some champions are just in bad spots right now, or maybe you don't like what Riot did with the design of your main (so only about 3% of the people upset about the Galio rework can actually say crap, because there were only about 7 Galio mains, and 12 people that played him semi-regularly). Maybe you just think a champion's unfun - either as or against that champion - and they could use a minor rework. _Those_ are legitimate complaints. Simply whining about things that _you_ don't perceive as balanced, but actually are in the bigger picture, isn't.
The problem is that people don't have the wherewithal to realise that they're just whining most of the time....rather than giving proper complaints and feedback :P
Show more

MrWasjig

Level 54 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion