: > [{quoted}](name=NepgearDesu,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=doAjx70b,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-23T17:13:41.345+0000) > > Champions: 10 buffs (Kayle, Neeko, Ornn, Urgot, Caitlyn, Gnar, Hecarim, Nautilus, Shen, Trundle, Xayah), 2 neutral/bugfix I suppose (Aatrox, Ivern), 5 nerfs (Jayce, LeBlanc, Rek'Sai, Sylas, Zoe). Buffs are targeting rather underpowered characters, or so it would seem, and half of them are pretty miniscule: Neeko, Ornn, Urgot who was struck with the hammer earlier, Nautilus (5 armour, passive CD), Shen. > > Runes: Minion dematerialiser has less charges but grants more per charge; Overheal nerfed. No domination thingy anywhere. > > Frustration is a rather personal thing, and I'm not seeing many Yasuo or Lucian in ARAM so I wouldn't know. > > Well, shortly put: you high or talking about something I'm not aware of? you call 5dmg change on shen a buff
> [{quoted}](name=Hominus Nocturna,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=doAjx70b,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-03-24T10:25:56.561+0000) > > you call 5dmg change on shen a buff If I may quote myself: > [{quoted}](name=NepgearDesu,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=doAjx70b,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-23T17:13:41.345+0000) > > Buffs are targeting rather underpowered characters, or so it would seem, and half of them are pretty miniscule: [...] Shen. Why yes. Yes I am, because adding damage to an ability without any compensation is a straight power up. That means, in gamer language, a buff, however miniscule, as I stated. Calling that a "change" so as not to word it an increase or a buff is straight up laughable, too. You get one point for the chuckle.
: Warwick got the best rework of all time
2,500 movement speed cuddly dog wants a hug badly.
: "We know damage is too high"
Champions: 10 buffs (Kayle, Neeko, Ornn, Urgot, Caitlyn, Gnar, Hecarim, Nautilus, Shen, Trundle, Xayah), 2 neutral/bugfix I suppose (Aatrox, Ivern), 5 nerfs (Jayce, LeBlanc, Rek'Sai, Sylas, Zoe). Buffs are targeting rather underpowered characters, or so it would seem, and half of them are pretty miniscule: Neeko, Ornn, Urgot who was struck with the hammer earlier, Nautilus (5 armour, passive CD), Shen. Runes: Minion dematerialiser has less charges but grants more per charge; Overheal nerfed. No domination thingy anywhere. Frustration is a rather personal thing, and I'm not seeing many Yasuo or Lucian in ARAM so I wouldn't know. Well, shortly put: you high or talking about something I'm not aware of?
Hilsun (NA)
: Vi's E cone doesn't crit: crital strikes now affect the cone
With 253 AD, 672 AP (2 Essence reavers, 4 Rabadon's, irrelevant runes), against a 100 armour target (practice dummy): Expected damage on E: [ 90 (base) + 278 (AD ratio) + 605 (AP ratio) ] / 2 (armour) = 973 / 2 = 486.5, rounded up or down. Expected damage on critical E : 486.5 (E damage) x 2 (critical strike multiplier) = 973. Actual, witnessed damage: 126 damage on basic attack, 253 on critical (working as intended), 486 damage on E strike (as intended), 613 on critical (woopsie). Critical E damage is equal to 486 + 127, that is regular E damage plus basic attack. Thus E damage (target and area of effect) is equal to : 0.1 total AD + 0.9 AP + one basic attack at 1 total AD, which can critically strike for a supplementary 1 total AD (1.25 AD with IE). Not as ridiculous as it could be, but I suppose it's still a potential critical strike in a rather large cone. Can confirm this issue. This isn't as cool as advertised. I want my money back!
: hatsune miku skin for sona
Isn't Sona a reference to Miku already? With the long, green hair, at least, and a possible reference to whichever song that has Miku say "I sing only for you", or something. Well, not like I have any proof about it whatsoever. I'd just fancy that being the case.
muex (NA)
: If you say "its gg" or some variant because you gave up a few kills, please see a Urologists
Raefion (EUW)
: that's indeed adorable, she has multiple bugs right now.{{sticker:sg-lulu}}
Well, a chameleon has to eat somehow.
Jeddy017 (NA)
: Wait, it's not already a thing?
My favourite doujin websites are saying no, so if you encounter any, please do tell me!
: > [{quoted}](name=Rathar Dashing,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fMyFdLUl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-19T20:37:28.103+0000) > > It honestly belongs in SMITE I wouldn't even be mad at this skin if it were released years down the road after he's had 2-3 skins in between. But to have waited SO LONG for a new skin, to get this joke of a skin is just a hard no. Riot needed to establish a good library of skins for him before trying to capsize the boat.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fMyFdLUl,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-19T20:40:06.118+0000) > > this **joke** of a skin https://i.imgur.com/wph9Ebd.png[/img] I mean, one can hope, right?
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: >Shortly put, they want to be actor of their ~~death~~ life. https://66.media.tumblr.com/4afe10287ef9bd1e339b5c9addc06cc5/tumblr_n121x8C4591tq1c61o1_400.gif _Bless them._ I see your point. But even when trying to put myself in their shoes (which are likely too small anyway, being a user of US size 15 shoes), I really can't see how they can't see it could be logical to try running Exhaust instead. But given how the jungle cats are usually sporting an eye patch and glaring at the bewildered, petite death dealers like an oversized tuna when they are running into the long grass (Jurassic Park reference), could potentially Exhaust save their life when Heal obviously won't?
Doesn't Rengar pack a cleanse (~~savage twin~~ ferocious double-you) along with his knives and his opponents' teeth? ~~Half-a-Rengar's-stare~~ Regardless, I'm unsure even 40% damage reduction is enough to save some unaware pedestrian, especially when the fierce tiger strikes that much more quickly than your regular cat burglar. Meaning: exhausting the feline once his jaws are firmly attached to one's neck might not be as efficient as expected. Speaking of teeth... Do they grow back automagically upon respawning? Oh, and see Laughing Fish' answer on this subject, right below this comment in discussion view.
SatomiKun (EUW)
: Y-Yeah, that was totally what I had in mind and not some yordle yuri.
Yordle yuri needs to be a thing. NOW!
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: A serious question, if I may (yes, I know this is M&G - I'll make sure to repent later): I have been preferring the Support (me) to take Heal, and the ADC to take Exhaust, but how come this idea seems so wrong to every ADC I meet? In my mind, I am playing the healer anyway so I already am doing most of the work from the backline, and it doesn't seem wrong for the ADC to take Exhaust for better 1v1 chase potential (given that I usually can't keep up with Vayne/Lucian/other ADCs with dashes, thus unable to use the ability anyway).
That's in case your marksperson enjoys taking a stroll in the dark jungle at night, when cats are grey and murderous. They don't necessarily want to have you behind them at all times, and most importantly they might like deciding if and when to waste the heal were Rengar to come by and say hello. Shortly put, they want to be actor of their ~~death~~ life.
: correct me please.{{sticker:galio-happy}}
If I may hitch-hike for a minute: it seems to me that you are correct when writing that the hurtbox of your champion is the circle at their feet, and that hitting requires aiming at said circle. And that is exactly the problem mentioned by Yenn: in Kayle's case, it is the shadow on the ground one needs to aim at, and it is, if anything, highly counter-intuitive. Because you don't usually hit anyone's shadow in order to hurt them, or at least it isn't done much in my country. That's all for me, and have a nice day.
: > [{quoted}](name=Invisible Thot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q2OVtbKm,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-15T03:27:25.699+0000) > > Every patch the client maxes my HDD too 100% making it impossible to almost do anything while it updates > > Trying to swap champs between too players barely works and is buggy has hell > > About 75% of the time whenever I click store or loot it takes a whole minute to open, or even worse just doesn't at all > > alt-tabbing breaks the game unless you play on fullscreen windowed > > honor screen can sometimes take minutes to pop up after the end of the game Sounds like it is time to get an SSD.... but I agree with the other points! I also hate that after everypatch it resets my volume mixer to MAX.... I where headphones and the just kills the ears when I forget.
> [{quoted}](name=Hingedmosquito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q2OVtbKm,comment-id=000100000005,timestamp=2019-03-15T15:37:55.570+0000) > > Sounds like it is time to get an SSD.... but I agree with the other points! My computer uses an SSD, and it takes about as much time to begin playing Path of Exile (so launch the application, log in, choose character, load town, walk to portal, load adventure map) than it does for the LoL login screen to appear. It would seem that PoE's client is a little over 4 years old. To add to the rant with my own: sometimes the crafting screen won't load, but when lucky it'll take only five seconds. Same for the shop. Most of the time, an ally's asking to trade champions in the ARAM lobby will make the trading confirmation window pop up, then disappear, then pop up, then disappear, then pop up, which lets me click the confirmation button, triggering a magnificent visual effect that is completely hidden by the client's hiccup. Same goes for saving runes (always takes at least one full second), changing summoner spells (same). For Goddess' sake, I'm playing in middle resolution because sometimes, for whatever reason, a tiny bit more stuff than necessary appears on the screen and my FPS drops from 120+ to 1 flat for over a second. Way to go in a game that lets you die within less than said second. And since I'm speaking of Path of Exile, when stuff goes awry for FPS it massively decreases resolution to keep things smooth, so that it's a bit blurry, yes, but at least you can see what's going on. I mean, come on, when one _knows_ that one's game spikes to 10 times the processing power (or other) it requires on average, the least one can do is to smooth things out so the computer doesn't sit on 90% of its capacity most of the time. But no, who cares about that when these imbecile players keep coming for more, let's hire a few artists and say we don't have enough time to do what we want. Bullshit.
LTK KoRo (EUW)
: i mean he's kind of right people who complain the most about being blown up are adcs who itemize like IE+Stattik+RFC or mages who go for stuff like Ludens+rabadon+void+idk something random you guys deserve to be blown up by adcs if you can't itemize into tabis, you guys deserve to be blown up by mages if you don't buy hexdrinker, and you deserve to get cucked by assassins if you don't buy either PD or zhonya.
As a marksman for example, when I'm doing great and dealing high enough damage to contribute to fights in a meaningful way, I can afford buying some mixed items (Frozen mallet for example) to avoid being blown up instantly were I to take one step too many toward that one assassin. That makes it rather difficult for the enemy team to shut me down, and in turn lets me consolidate my lead. My damage's not increasing as much as if I went for purely offensive options isn't really a problem, as long as it's enough to do my job. As a marksman again, when I'm not doing that great nor dealing high enough damage to be a serious threat to the enemy, and I build some mixed items, I can make it so that it takes more time for the enemy to get rid of me, but if I'm not a threat anyway, what's the point? I'll put myself a little farther away still from dealing enough to kill anything, and if I can weave even two more auto-attacks before being killed off by the assassin, what difference does it make? If I picked an Infinity edge I could at least hope for one or two lucky critical strikes to shut down a squishy opponent, but with a Mallet or such I'll just be dealing shit for damage until I'm wasted. From my limited experience, the choice is as follows: while ahead, either you go full-on offensive and risk getting blown-up by chance, or invest in some defences to prevent your enemies from stopping you; while behind, either you go full-on offensive to try your luck at shutting down an enemy, or invest in some defences to be useless for the rest of the game. Notwithstanding the fact that completed, defensive items are pretty bad investments since they cost more than they're worth. Briefly put, if you're getting blown up by your opponent, there isn't much of a chance your buying health will help you.
: > [{quoted}](name=NepgearDesu,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=la6XYEGE,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-03-08T15:03:17.363+0000) > > Would you mind telling how giving your account's credentials to anyone would award you premium currency? Either these people running the "free RP" thing are buying RP to strangers, and potentially thousands of them, which I find... dubious, to say the least; or they found a way to trick Riot Games' servers into handing out RP without financial transactions and decided to make everyone profit of it instead of selling it, and that by doing the manipulation themselves rather than explaining how to do it, which I find even less believable. > > There's no reason a scam website would accept any password as input, either, since they're... well, scam. If it were me, I'd just reject every attempt while storing them all since they might work for other websites. > > Shortly put, multiplying RP or bread is usually done in fairy tales. It's not just for RP, I'm talking anything. I had to put in my SSN to "verify my account matching my phone number" for when I took a loan out from a bank, and I put the wrong SSN in twice and it said wrong both times and hung up on me. When I put in the correct one it worked. So now I KNOW this works.
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=la6XYEGE,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-03-09T03:49:00.949+0000) > > It's not just for RP, I'm talking anything. I had to put in my SSN to "verify my account matching my phone number" for when I took a loan out from a bank, and I put the wrong SSN in twice and it said wrong both times and hung up on me. When I put in the correct one it worked. So now I KNOW this works. But your bank's website isn't a scam, I hope, nor is their method of letting you know that you failed verifying your account universal. That's the difference. Once again, if it were my doing, the scam would just reject every attempt you made, all the while storing each of them as credentials that might work on e.g. a virtual network website like facebook. An example from my experience: a website that was copied from Blizzard's login screen, with a rather interesting name (http://us(dot)battle(dot)net(dot)management-blizzard(dot)com), looked pretty legitimate except for a few things that could be difficult to notice for most people. I was bored and used some fake email (notadupe(at)thiswont.work or something) and password. Rejected, of course. So I used another set of fake credentials, and they were rejected as well. Did it mean this website was legitimate? Well, no it didn't. It was a scam. It isn't because your bank's website refuses wrong credentials that any website doing so is as legitimate as your bank. That's just absurd. If you find any website promising you money in exchange for sensitive information, you've found either a data broker or a con artist, not a bank.
: Why LP splashing is statistically trash, and how to fix it.
> [{quoted}](name=RlCKY BOBBY,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nw7MtyiO,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-09T00:58:39.143+0000) > > Assuming the majority of my statistics are correct, the only explanation for people not trying hard enough in their off-role are because 1.) they don't understand the quirks of positional queues, 2.) they are irrational [...] The myth of the rational consumer, or player, should have died down decades ago. Most people don't think in terms of costs/benefits, but feelings, and that's what gave e.g. France a rather good network of roads that are travelled by millions of cars that pollute, cause mortal accidents and cost literal thousands of euros to each citizen, when buses and trains could do better work for lower costs (less resources used to run the vehicles, less accidents from competent drivers, less health problems thanks to decreased atmosphere pollution and number of accidents, for a few examples). But, you know: this is my car. There are many like it but this one is mine, that sort of thing. Otherwise I don't have much to add. I appreciate your work nonetheless ~
: On a serious note: Just put in a fake password and if it says "incorrect" try another fake one. If it also says "incorrect" then it's legit. A fake website will take the fake password and store it.
Would you mind telling how giving your account's credentials to anyone would award you premium currency? Either these people running the "free RP" thing are buying RP to strangers, and potentially thousands of them, which I find... dubious, to say the least; or they found a way to trick Riot Games' servers into handing out RP without financial transactions and decided to make everyone profit of it instead of selling it, and that by doing the manipulation themselves rather than explaining how to do it, which I find even less believable. There's no reason a scam website would accept any password as input, either, since they're... well, scam. If it were me, I'd just reject every attempt while storing them all since they might work for other websites. Shortly put, multiplying RP or bread is usually done in fairy tales.
: > [{quoted}](name=B3Prof,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KhivBBwA,comment-id=00070000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-26T19:07:52.687+0000) > > Another lie. Ask Zed. For that matter ask the tanks with no armor and clothes. It's a lie bud. Sorry that bothers you, but, use logic. Zed isn't even remotely comparable. Using the statue for the sake of having the best example of his full body. https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/collectibles/statues/zed-unlocked.html Note that Zed's armor isn't "really" the same as something like Garens or Darius. Hell, it's not even like a character like Naut or Sion who are massive with giant, thick plates. Zed has metal in his outfit, sure, but it's light, smooth and comes in small pieces (Breastplate, gauntlets and greaves) rather than a full armor set...ironically fitting Kayle in this situation. Alternatively, compare Diana: https://i.imgur.com/j22cfks.jpg Note that while there is armor, it's pieces. Diana isn't a tank so she's not fully covered in armor. Breastplate, shoulderpads, gauntlets but mostly an undersuit. Is it perfect? No, but it fits the character design that characters fit their tropes/roles. Your examples aren't really all that great and I think you need to take another look at League's cast when it comes to size, character design and how they portray characters, because even if you disagree with it, characters are relatively consistent save for the oldest of old characters. (Mordekaiser, a full armored juggernaut, has incredibly low armor and is more AP based.)
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KhivBBwA,comment-id=000700000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-26T20:00:53.524+0000) > > [...] even if you disagree with it, characters are relatively consistent save for the oldest of old characters. (Mordekaiser, a full armored juggernaut, has incredibly low armor and is more AP based.) I'll add a few to the list: Amumu is tiny, wears nothing but bandages, and is a tank. Vladimir wears nothing but light cloth plus his coat, and he's a part-time tank. Old design, yes, but behold! Pyke has extremely high base armour, magic resistance and health, while being quite obviously an assassin wearing nothing but some ragged clothes. Sylas drags enormous chains made of stone (going by the weight of the most basic rocks they could weigh a good hundred of kilograms each) behind himself, and manages to dash around (W, E1, E2) like they're made of paper. That doesn't seem to fit their respective narratives, and we aren't talking about runes or item builds yet. That's all I had to contribute to the discussion. Have a nice day ~
Saianna (EUNE)
: It took me a while to get it, but ARURF is actually no fun.
A complete and utter defeat as Anivia against Ahri and Zed (and some other, less important champions) was what I needed to realise this game mode is, most of the time, infuriating to play. Sometimes, whatever you do, you just can't have meaningful impact on the outcome, because the enemy got Sivir, Zed and Garen, or some other absurd pick that so few champs fare well against. So I finally called it a day, and didn't touch it since then. ARAM at least actually feels rather fair most of the time.
Copic (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NepgearDesu,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=A7w5EzI3,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-02-26T17:57:58.105+0000) > > "leagueoflegends.com", as the previous user stated, doesn't go through any search engine since it's part of a URL, aka a direct gateway to a website. So it isn't part of your statistics. > > Riot Games' revenue increased steadily until 2017 (up to USD 2.1 billion, it would seem), then dropped some in 2018 (I found both "21% decrease" and "USD 700 million less", but it's still a minus nonetheless). Your data and this fact don't correlate, so either Riot Games' reports are flawed and the tax adjustment will hurt, or your method isn't accurate. I find the latter a lot more reasonable. https://i.imgur.com/xWw7hlb.png
You didn't answer the point about missing correlation. Who cares about accuracy when you can feel like you're being smart instead, right? It would seem that you don't know what a URL is, otherwise you wouldn't insist "leagueoflegends.com", "League of Legends" and "leagueoflegends" are the same. As you said, educate yourself, my dear, as I have neither the time nor desire to teach you. And with this, I'll be off ~
Copic (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=A7w5EzI3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-26T17:31:34.014+0000) > > The problem with using Google Trends - it requires people to *search* for the information. > > You don't need to *search* for League of Legends. Remembering "leagueoflegends.com" is as easy as remembering the name of the game. Go to Twitch and you know it'll always be in the top 5 most viewed games. You don't need to look up "League of Legends stats website" after you remember "na.op.gg" or "league of graphs". > > You see a similar trend line with Facebook, Microsoft, Blizzard Entertainment, etc, etc. You typing "League of legends.com" is still being searched under Google's search engine.
> [{quoted}](name=Copic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=A7w5EzI3,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-26T17:42:00.391+0000) > > You typing "League of legends.com" is still being searched under Google's search engine. "leagueoflegends.com", as the previous user stated, doesn't go through any search engine since it's part of a URL, aka a direct gateway to a website. So it isn't part of your statistics. Riot Games' revenue increased steadily until 2017 (up to USD 2.1 billion, it would seem), then dropped some in 2018 (I found both "21% decrease" and "USD 700 million less", but it's still a minus nonetheless). Your data and this fact don't correlate, so either Riot Games' reports are flawed and the tax adjustment will hurt, or your method isn't accurate. I find the latter a lot more reasonable.
: When are the bots be remade again?
Interesting enough is the fact that (from my experience) intermediate bots in the Twisted Treeline leave one by one over the course of the game. After 30 or so minutes they all three stand in their fountain, passive. It's... nice enough, I must say.
: Is it possible to have all instance of ranked removed from an account?
Selling one's account isn't illegal: it's against Riot Games' terms of use. That means that you can't realistically be sued for it (case abandoned at worst; at best it's deemed an illegal trial and you can be compensated for it by the firm, depending on countries I assume), but that any account that Riot Games believe has been sold can (and usually will) be banned, permanently and without a means to contest the decision other than judicial proceedings. Not sure you could win one such trial, though. When you're found out doing something illegal, you're likely to pay a fine and/or spend some time in jails. If you sell your account, well, it'll probably be banned, but there's not much, if anything, that Riot Games can do to make you pay.
: If a tabard won't work with Kayle...why not a belt?
I'm all up for a belt of some kind, for various reasons ranging from "makes sense" to "looks cool (and paradoxically appealing to me)". Also, that breastplate does look a fair bit more awesome now.
: Let me get one thing out of the way; Kayle should have armor and I don't exactly love how new Kayle looks however, current Kayle isn't good either, especially to new players/spectators. Kayle is big, bulky, and has a sword which tells me she's probably going to be a bruiser which she is most defiantly not. Nothing about her says what she is or what she does besides she has wings so she's probably an angel which explains the heal, fire, and ult but not the ranged or the attack speed. New Kayle looks sleek so I know she's probably going to be squishy but she also has light armor and an imposing sword so I know she's gonna hit hard and probably fast (she hits really hard and really fast when she splits it into two) + all the angel stuff from before. The changing forms is also a huge part of her kit because it tells me she's different now and probably stronger. How a champion looks is extremely important, it gives players a way to quickly tell what they do. Using your examples {{champion:78}} /{{champion:86}} are both big and heavily armored so I know they're tanky and they have both big weapons so I know they're probably gonna do some damage if they hit me. I don't even have to spend 5 seconds in lane and I can already get a gist of what they're gonna do to me. {{champion:84}} is very small and lightly armored so I know she's squishy and probably very quick. Champion designs are not supposed to be practical, they're supposed to tell you what to expect from that champion and most of current Kayle tells me nothing of what Kayle does.
Regarding your earlier comment: "Imagine if Twitch or Vayne were walking around in full plate armor." Imagine if a dwarf covered in nothing but bandages was actually a tank. Or some guy with nothing but his pants and a large coat, a tank (albeit part time) as well. Imagine a lumbering revenant covered in heavy armour plate boasting less resistances and HP than some drowned guy who doesn't wear armour and whose job is actually to assassinate, not take hits. Or some massive, heavy, humanoid rock, charging you so fast that your reflexes usually won't be enough to save you. A bulky guy with metres of heavy chains attached to each of his wrists, darting around the battlefield like said chains are made of paper. I'm glad we have no such champions in this game. Well, almost, because we do. {{champion:32}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:517}} As for justifying designs, it's bound to be a little biased when you already know how the champions are supposed to be played, and it doesn't take anything into account that pertains to items or runes. Malphite going full AP won't be nearly as tanky as he looks, but he'll sure as hell blow you up in a second, and nothing in his character design tells you that. (edit: wiped some unrelated things) Leaving aside the fact that it makes me think "kinky" or "Kai'Sa levels of skintight cheap" instead of "badass", and I have a clear preference for the latter. Leaving aside my inability to see why an angel of justice would need to flaunt her forms like her buttocks and breast sticking out is important to her mission, too. Ultimately, games aren't realistic in the least (so-called "realistic" ones seem to be even greater offences, somehow), and I don't think they should be. They're just games. And characters usually don't look quite how they should: Kayle doesn't have the muscles she would need to swing that kind of sword around like it's nothing. Assassin's Creed playable characters seem to all have rather long and large outfits that they're bound to trip on at some point. I believe that's fine for the most part. I do dislike Kayle's weird new suit, but realism isn't something to strive for in my book.
Sobx (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=SitPoopyPants,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O2WNOHzo,comment-id=000200000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-24T00:02:04.316+0000) > > I'd be fine if Kayle stays on the PBE until they update her model to more fit her character. They don't need to push the current PBE version of Kayle out. Most people have given negative feedback on her visual design, so I think the appropriate thing to do is to hold off on her and change her design before moving forward. > > That is the whole point of the PBE. > > I think that they could do some big changes to her model. Does anybody remember 1st iteration of Battlecast Skarner? If you understand how boards (and humans) work, you'd understand that just because you've seen "more negative feedback on boards" doesn't mean most people think the visual design is bad. When people are ok with something, they ignore things, because why bother. On the other hand when people dislike something, they're much more likely to be vocal about it. So you have no idea what actual % of players like/dislike the redesign.
> [{quoted}](name=Sobx,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O2WNOHzo,comment-id=0002000000000000000000010001,timestamp=2019-02-24T15:44:54.142+0000) > > If you understand how boards (and humans) work, you'd understand that just because you've seen "more negative feedback on boards" doesn't mean most people think the visual design is bad. I've seen quite negative feedback for quite some time about various aspects of the game (notably: worlds' patches, scam passes, prestige skins, getting blown up in a blink), and Riot Games seem to be losing money. I mean, one isn't necessarily causing the other, but they seem to be correlated, at least this time around. Also, and more importantly, the number of people voicing an opinion isn't related in any way to said opinion's being sensible, desirable or even remotely true. Not counting the fact that even discontent people usually shut up because they don't have the energy or will to argue about things that can be cast aside as petty.
: RU's population means there's a higher chance that a Diamond team would exist. To populate a League of 8 teams with 5 players + 1 coach per team, would take 48 people. RU currently has 332 people Master+, compared with NA's 1,166 Master+. RU would need nearly 15% (1/7) of those Master+ players to agree to up and move tp become pros for a few years, while NA needs less than 5% (1/20). So dipping into Diamond makes more sense in RU's case. And so long as the gaming house is the standard way of training, all male or all female teams will be the only arrangement that team owners will do. No organization would trust young men and young women living and working together 24/7 not to get intimate with each other, not with their reputation on the line, and not when it would detract from the rest of the team working well together. As for 4 of them being support mains (I don't know about their ADC, never found her profile), that's where I think this team was *woefully* unprepared. People can learn new roles, but they need time and practice to do that. This team wasn't given the time and practice needed. ----- As a side note, I'm morbidly interested to see if the "getting massacred is good for you to learn how to play" crowd is right, because this week made it seem pretty likely that Vaevictis is going to get a lot of one-sided matches. If they are right, then they should learn fast enough, right?
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=IHHWqGEh,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-02-23T13:01:38.428+0000) > > And so long as the gaming house is the standard way of training, all male or all female teams will be the only arrangement that team owners will do. No organization would trust young men and young women living and working together 24/7 not to get intimate with each other, not with their reputation on the line, and not when it would detract from the rest of the team working well together. Where do they put homosexual players in these all female / all male teams? Oh, right, they don't engage any homosexual player anyway. Silly me.
: When the Vaevictis team was on-stage playing, it was easy to tell that they are indeed quite conventionally attractive. I am pretty certain those last two photos of the chessmaster (Judit) are also from televised games, so they should be fair to compare the Vaevictis vs ROX footage to. You can see that Judit is somewhat overweight and has a strong, bumpy aquiline nose with a drooping tip. While I personally really like Judit's appearance, and I do find her attractive, I know that she doesn't strictly fit the standard convention of feminine beauty. I'm not saying a conventionally attractive girl couldn't be skilled - I think Bjergensen decently matches male conventional attractiveness afterall - I am just suspicious that all 5 Vaevictis members comply with conventional attractiveness. There isn't one among them who breaks the mold of conventional attractiveness like qt or Dyrus. If every male player was as conventionally attractive as Bjergensen, then I would be suspicious too. Certainly none of the Vaevictis players look like they spend 12 hours a day behind a computer monitor, gaming while eating Doritos.
> [{quoted}](name=Hemulen Magi,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=IHHWqGEh,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T01:39:32.127+0000) > > Certainly none of the Vaevictis players look like they spend 12 hours a day behind a computer monitor, gaming while eating Doritos. With all due respect, and partly because I had time to waste: you can eat healthily and sleep enough (8 hours), even with a job that takes 12 hours of your time a day. And if said job also takes care of most of the fun, social, and recognition aspects of one's needs, then I see no problem with having "only" 3 hours left a day to cook and eat, and perhaps take a stroll outside to breathe in some fresh air and get those muscles moving. (Subtracting half an hour for falling asleep, and half an hour for showering etc. assuming that no one in their right mind would spend any time on makeup when staying home for the whole day. Two hours a week of shopping should take care of all things edible and otherwise.) As for conventional appeal, I imagine it's a bit difficult looking like a cavewoman in front of a large audience, especially in some countries where being female equals spending a sizeable portion of your time in a bathroom making sure you look desirable. Like, girl, you're part of one of the very few female teams out there, you could at least look like you care about your spectators, even if you're a gamer. I hope they become a major team if that's what they desire, but deary me, if that isn't the worst start I've heard of...
: Other tanks have healing, or some form of similar sustain- {{champion:223}} W, {{champion:54}}'s shield which passively gives him that effective extra health when he falls back, and uhhhh, yeah that's it.
> [{quoted}](name=PopcornBunni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rfp2UZ9s,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-20T06:45:24.625+0000) > > {{champion:223}} W ... is named "Devour". You're looking for his E, Thick Skin.
Neamean (NA)
: {{champion:80}} did someone say pizza
> [{quoted}](name=Neamean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R0s46qW7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-13T16:21:44.346+0000) > > {{champion:80}} did someone say pizza Did someone say pizza? https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OJKo47siSGo/maxresdefault.jpg
: Death recap bugs I’ve had so far * Vayne isn’t even in my game, how did silver bolts help her get an assist on me? * Ah yes, I was killed by (insert Icon XX), I’m thinking “insert Icon XX” needs to be nerfed Riot. * No riot, Gnar’s auto attacks deal physical damage and the THIRD hit does magic, not all doing mixed. * How did dragon get an assist on me from topside? * New: Aparently, Viktor can now use Jhins curtain call to get an assist on me.
I mean... https://i.imgur.com/tpWY5lZ.png
: What other video games have you played in an extremely overly obessive manner?
_Dragonica_! With perhaps 5,000 hours total across two servers and five accounts. I was always tired, thought about this game 24/7, and it was an amazing therapy that cured me from my addiction to games that require absurd grinding. When I was banned from the second server, I mean.
: Personally I feel like this is a poor idea for advertising clothing. The reason why clothes are put on models in the first place is so we can see how they sit, shift and fit on actual people as opposed to the mannequin in store.
> [{quoted}](name=Sexy Jack Rabbit,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EqLVjd2Z,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-01T07:38:25.525+0000) > > The reason why clothes are put on models in the first place is so we can see how they sit, shift and fit on actual people as opposed to the mannequin in store. The reason why clothes are showcased on some top-models is because most imagine that the clothes are all there is to the mannequin's charm. When, in fact, the photo editing, the setting, the pose, and less importantly the mannequin's figure, are things they generally do not possess, or can't show off every day. If it was called "information", then your point would stand. As it is, though, it's advertisement, and ads are meant to sell, however the piece of garment fits on actual people who don't usually spend $5,000 for a professional to retouch their pictures. Drawing characters instead of photoshopping them is just the next step in putting advertisement farther away from reality. And, hell, if it makes people buy their crap, they'll go at it like there's no tomorrow.
Mortdog (NA)
: Love the amount of effort you've put into this! Looking at our PBE+Internal data, the #1 winrate champ isn't in your Tier 0 or 0.5. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out :) We'll also be patching along the way!
Please tell me it's Quinn, with her 1000+ movement speed one-shot-kills. \o/ Seriously though, could you let us know who your data show to boast the highest winrate? Just curious.
: I love how we got good changes but people will NEVER EVER mention them. Or they will belike "Why is it late", "why wasn't it during christmas as Jesus deserved to see this", etc. I don't give a f*ck to see changes that weren't ready or sure to be made in preseasons. I remember how people said every preseasons was like riot intentionnaly shaking things up without thinking, etc. That it felt fun at first but then everything was bad and that Riot needed to stop rework the jungle everytime, to do bad stuff, etc. So for once, we have something that isn't big (but actually is, laning phase did went later, turret plate didn't destroy the game and the only change we aren't sure if bad or good is the minion wave change) and it is bad. Then they make changes based on feedback, data and stuff and guess what? It is bad. Because it wasn't in preseason. Like... I don't fucking care, I want changes. One of the few remaining dmg runes (absolute focus) finally nerf. Sustain improved for ADC with overheal and bloodline. Baron weakened. Turret being stronger. Ireliea nerfed (I can't believe some people talk like Irelia being gutted is bad when she was actually the most broken champ we saw in the game, making a Kassadin lvl 16 feel not that bad compared to) so we can then go on her and properly fix her for toplane. Urgot nerf that actually make kinda sense. Jungle experience being nerfed as it was something requested by laners, by the PLAYERS, about jungler level later in the game being high/sometime ahead of laner if they had a lead. I don't care how and when, it is here, I feel most of them are good, let's go.
Agreed! It's the first time in ages that I've felt positive while reading patch notes, and I certainly am not dissatisfied by such thing. Even in the middle on the year, I welcome all interesting changes.
: Is there an ability in the game that you, personally, just can't dodge?
Amumu's Q. Sometimes I even flash into it when trying to dodge.
: Did you understand what toxicity is? He as moderator should have a neutral position, or he should have riot s position. Do you rlly think it strengthens the feeling that riot has good employees that know what they do, if yoh have ppl like him, stating entirely wrong stuff. Look at the first part of his comment, is this a joke or? Duskblade was bought by every single assasine and it still gets bought by every single assasine up to today. Especially mentioning that pro play has nothing to do with solo q and thus should be irrelevant, when it comes to soloq balancing. Yes espeically a forum moderator is in need to have an excellent game knowledge, because of otherwise comments like that happen. Sorry that im not of your optinion but to call me stupid isnt the right way, that btw is toxicity. tbh the only embarassing thing is your obvious biasedness for op champs.
Forum moderators aren't employed by Riot Games, nor do they share the opinion of Whoever-Is-In-Charge-Of-Communication in this company. As for Duskblade, comments on the [LoL wiki, as well as the history of changes made to the item](http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Duskblade_of_Draktharr), seem to indicate that it was indeed pretty weak in its first iterations, then was changed into something powerful enough that it was nerfed within a few days. Look at patch 7.14 in particular, and the hotfix that followed it. Doing the math, it does seem that the first Duskblade with its Nightfall passive was a bit meh. Its being purchased by a number of champions is pretty recent.
: I don't know how to defuse situations where my teammate is angry at me.
A light-hearted joke or wordplay usually does the trick for me. It won't always make the rewd person more joyous, but at least it lets me have a good time, which is what this game is all about in my perspective.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: Idk why people complain about the client
Never had any sort of problem with it, except the usual extreme lags on logging in, entering the champion select screen, picking a champion, bringing up the missions tab, finishing a game, completing a mission, entering the shop, loading each tab of my collection, bringing up the crafting screen, you know, that sort of stuff you do only once in a while, so it's fine if it takes four times the resources required by optimised game clients that do the same things four times as fast. What do you mean you'd expect it work well? Can't have the looks and the functionality, buddy, and someone made a choice. Not you obviously, but you'll suffer the consequences nonetheless. A joyous and buggy day to you!
Sagarashin (EUNE)
: [Regarding skin transfer] Aka can you guys help?
The requirement might have been lowered a little (not like it was set in stone in the first place). Good luck, and have a nice day.
Aladoron (EUW)
: > So...people should not feel insulted or bothered when people state negative remarks? Yes, exactly. If a random guy on the internet who doesn't even know you, and will probably never meet again says something bad, then you should NOT FEEL INSULTED by it. Exactly. Also, the guy said: "that you might consider it, then you should really check out a therapist" He did not talk about being offended, he talked about considering suicide. And he is totally right. If somebody considers suicide just because somebody else was mean to him on the internet, he HAS TO SEEK HELP.
It's not about feeling insulted, it's about being reminded that at some point you had what you believed were excellent reasons to hang yourself. Nyuxiie also specifically stated that it wasn't due only to one person telling them such words. As in "depression" and "abusive childhood". Also, for all we know, they might already be seeing a therapist. Reopening a wound won't help it heal; in the same way, being reminded of the things you try your best to avoid is harmful.
Aladoron (EUW)
: > Anyone should feel ashamed to even think about telling some fellow human they never even met to kill themself. If a given player's only effect on my life was to ruin my game and waste my time, I could not care less. > That's the lowest you can achieve in terms of empathy Well, you do not want to hear my ideas then xD > and someone who doesn't have empathy is about as interesting a human as my dishwasher. Are you empathic with your dishwasher? Or you have no empathy for people who have no empathy, ultimately turning you into a dishwasher? O.o Or you think hating "bad people" is OK? Funny people cry about empathy, but nobody shows some for the people who does not have it. Actually people with no empathy can be even more interesting than the normal ones, since you can not expect what they will do. xD > These imbeciles don't mean it, and while that doesn't make them any less stupid, you're absolutely safe from them. Thanks! That is exactly the point there! (Also, I hope the ~~dicks~~ mods remove the imbecile, why would you be offensive with them?) > And if you ever want to know what happens to the kind of person who's moronic enough to say such things to other people, there are Darwin awards. Nice empathy there man! Lets laugh on the unfortunate fellas who were in a stupid accident.
> [{quoted}](name=Aladoron,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3jBKNbua,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-01-13T13:38:49.023+0000) > > Are you empathic with your dishwasher? Or you have no empathy for people who have no empathy, ultimately turning you into a dishwasher? O.o Or you think hating "bad people" is OK? Funny people cry about empathy, but nobody shows some for the people who does not have it. Actually people with no empathy can be even more interesting than the normal ones, since you can not expect what they will do. xD Where in your book does it say that having no empathy means being, err, "bad", whatever that means? I specifically used the word "interesting", to make absolutely sure no one would take it as a moral judgement. I suppose I'll add a line such as *__~~WARNING: THIS IS NOT A MORAL JUDGEMENT~~__* next time, just in case. I also did write "as interesting a human as a dishwasher." Dishwashers aren't human, so they aren't interesting in that regard. A person who has no empathy is, to me, uninteresting as a human, though usually still interesting in a number of other ways. Is it clearer that way, or do you still see stuff that a board terrorist could transfigure and make say irrelevant things? > Thanks! That is exactly the point there! (Also, I hope the ~~dicks~~ mods remove the imbecile, why would you be offensive with them?) Because demanding some stranger, through a computer screen, to kill themself is, to me, a proof of extreme stupidity, for forsaking tens of thousands of years of refining social behaviours into useful policies, acting like one's actions have no consequences and doing things based on concepts that, if widespread and expanded upon, would make for a society that would be difficult to live in. Or blatant ignorance, which can be cured if the person wants it to be, but could be worthy of a few harsh words, especially when said ignorance is harmful to others. Also, most people are imbeciles in a number of ways. As an example, I'm stupid enough that I'm spending some time to explain my thoughts to a stranger over the Internet: you don't know me, you probably won't even remember this chat tomorrow, and whatever I write likely won't stick in your brain long enough to change any of your behaviours (implied: durably, and for the better). > Nice empathy there man! Lets laugh on the unfortunate fellas who were in a stupid accident. You can laugh if you like, but I find it pretty sad that someone would die in e.g. trying to prove a grenade has been defused (and it hasn't). It still goes to show that stupidity sometimes comes back to bite, which can be comforting to some.
Nyuxiie (EUW)
: Use of "Kys"
No, actually I believe everyone should care about such things. Anyone should feel ashamed to even think about telling some fellow human they never even met to kill themself. That's the lowest you can achieve in terms of empathy, and someone who doesn't have empathy is about as interesting a human as my dishwasher. Stay strong, dear. These imbeciles don't mean it, and while that doesn't make them any less stupid, you're absolutely safe from them. Do you happen to own plushies? Bigger ones are incredibly comforting to hug, and even a small bear you can talk to when you need to get something off your chest. It's cheaper than a psychologist, and more cuddly, too! Have faith! And if you ever want to know what happens to the kind of person who's moronic enough to say such things to other people, there are [Darwin awards](https://darwinawards.com/). Have an excellent day, dear fellow, and see you around!
dnsup (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Albus Rumbledore,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3jBKNbua,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-13T06:59:33.940+0000) > > **I won't stop till manual review of my chat logs.** ... Really?? > Assumption that ppl should have symphaty over every stranger is dumb. There was never any such assumption; it's called *empathy*, AKA "the golden rule" ... ... AKA "do unto others what you would have them do unto you"--the *logical inverse* of the version you tried to "quete": > Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you, it is good quete, Of which you said, > but I don't care if internet stranger will shout at me all the insults of the world. That's *you*. Maybe you don't know what it's like to be called "!#%" or "!#%%^?", etc., while someone physically harms you, or other such things. But if you want to cooperate with people in any society--which is the whole reason why you're here, after all, since you wouldn't exist if billions of people before you had never existed and actually worked together--then you have to envision what that kind of experience does to a person. > I assume you aren't living with deppresion long enough, Huh? > one time you will just stop carring about others, ... Huh? > sometimes I'm told that idc too much so idk. Anyway I won't stop until my 14 days ban, then I will just use it on another acc. If that's really how you feel, then, no offense, but I hope you get what's coming to you.
> [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3jBKNbua,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-01-13T07:22:14.938+0000) > > ... AKA "do unto others what you would have them do unto you"--the *logical inverse* of the version you tried to "quete": Ah, I would avoid enforcing such a rule for at least one reason: not everyone has the same tastes. Like, next time I meet a masochistic person I would prefer them _not_ to bind and whip me, even if they usually get their kicks from it themself. Sounds reasonable in a number of cases, though.
: No gaming developer releases their data.... Does Blizzard release data for WoW, Hearthstone or Overwatch balancing? No Does Valve release data for DoTA2 balancing? No Nothing unusual, move along.
And it's absurd for a publisher not to release data and to ask not to rely on third parties. You got that right.
: your year in review is up
I have 86% winrate as Pyke (on ARAM), 100% as MF in... other modes, no specifics. If only... > [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7iMzJtLA,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-01-12T00:02:59.492+0000) > > "Kha'Zix, The Voidreaver. Because you played _Jhin_ and _Kindred_." > What. They gave me Kha'Zix, because Shyvana and Kindred. What, indeed.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Nexus Blitz does a really good job illustrating how out of control damage is right now
I'm actually feeling way beefier in Nexus Blitz than in e.g. ARAM. Also, I always ban Yi.
: How does he use the bathroom? How does he bathe?
: Girls be like: " Riot is sexist, stop sexualizing women champions" also girls
You know, when you assume that there's one kind of girl (I'd prefer woman, but never mind that), you give some ammunition to e.g. a person who would criticise LoL's champion design for making nine out of ten members of the female roster look generically appealing. Cause, like, there are a number of people with different opinions, even on these boards. It's not because a few topics were launched by users who advertised themselves as girls that anyone with two X chromosomes should agree. Also, some complaints might have been that LoL females are a majority to look sexually appealing, with designs such as Kai'Sa (wtf, a V-neck on a void magic battlesuit) that kinda murder the ideal of the female warrior, gunslinger etc., thus showing almost only females that make sexual jokes and wear skimpy outfits on their hourglass-shaped perfect bodies _**~~(1)~~**_. Not a lot of characters to identify as, you know, except in some recent releases such as Xayah. Meanwhile, male characters get some less generically appealing characters (Trundle, Gragas), some buff warriors in heavy armour (Garen, Darius), some younger and cooler guys (Ekko, Ezreal), some shirtless buff guys (Lee Sin, Rakan), some furries (Rengar, Nasus), some physically more average dudes (Twisted Fate, Talon), etc. And that since ages. I kinda get why Kai'Sa irritated a number of players. And I also get why Sylas still hasn't blown up the forums into a gender war: he got the Kai'Sa treatment, sure, but that tips the scale towards equality between shirtless buff dudes and skimpy slender dudettes. Not sure about the arguments that were used when Kai'Sa was released, but that'd be my analysis. Partial and incomplete as it may be. _**~~(1)~~**_ Except Evelynn, who doesn't wear anything.
Show more

NepgearDesu

Level 169 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion