: If I may make a suggestion? Give us Inessa. Crippled by her sister in combat, I think following her recovery and her rise up from the absolute bottom would be interesting, at least lore wise. Gameplay wise, I would be very interested to see how you guys bring her character to life in the game. I'm particularly interested to see if you guys keep her disability, or if she finds some way to use magic to help herself walk again.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TjgMG5GF,comment-id=00000006,timestamp=2019-06-11T22:20:05.145+0000) > > If I may make a suggestion? Give us Inessa. Crippled by her sister in combat, I think following her recovery and her rise up from the absolute bottom would be interesting, at least lore wise. Gameplay wise, I would be very interested to see how you guys bring her character to life in the game. I'm particularly interested to see if you guys keep her disability, or if she finds some way to use magic to help herself walk again. That would be really interesting. An actual disabled champion in the game. As a lore idea maybe she got captured (or negotiated) by Piltovians to receive a body augmentation a la Camille to make up for her disability. They'd take the opportunity to test new hextech technologies on her. We'd have advancement on the conflict with Pitlover and more reasons for Qiyana to be after them.
: Battle Academia Skins (Ezreal, Graves, Katarina, Jayce, Lux and Yuumi)
I absolutely adore Lux/am a big Lux main but it's hard to enjoy something when it's at the dispense of others. Please diversify a little bit. They aren't even trying to hide how much they want the $$$ and the community is clearly annoyed at this point. The "play these champs if you want skins" doesn't really work. In fact, a good skin on a less popular champion might make people more interested in said champion. I'm kinda sad to see we actually don't have much power on all of this. Like they listen but only with one ear and from far away. Would really like to their reasoning behind why Lux is getting yet another skin so soon. There is other champions. Taliyah for instance would have looked just as good here. When the even the mains of a champ tell you it's too much, maybe it's time to actually stop.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bottom Laner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TREAYEgh,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-19T09:39:36.077+0000) > > I think the only reason he/she is white is because it's a winter themed skin They've never changed a skin color for a champ in a skin before It's safe to assume she's white
> [{quoted}](name=Sexy Jack Rabbit,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TREAYEgh,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2018-11-19T10:53:21.413+0000) > > They've never changed a skin color for a champ in a skin before > It's safe to assume she's white I don't know....she looks kinda blue here.
: But do they have two entire albums and a kick-ass Music Video? I don't think so. PentaKill:1 Popstars:0
> [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EsXaEFUT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-09T18:31:10.110+0000) > > But do they have two entire albums and a kick-ass Music Video? > > I don't think so. > > PentaKill:1 > Popstars:0 well now i sure hope there will be an album ! Can still dream...
: I think you missed a bit of lore hiding in the VO and the short story. I'll do my best to explain this without spoiling anything. So, Rhaast is not from the Odyssey universe. No corruptant is -- he is alone, having fallen through the Ora Gate at an as-yet (pay attention to the special loading screen tips when the mode goes live!) undetermined point in time, and can't return on his own. Being a corruptant, his ultimate goal is to consume all of existence (this is why he sounds like he wants to eat people) and and then leap into the Dark Star itself, ending time, thought, and matter. However, the Dark Star does not exist in Odyssey. This "Ora" stuff does instead, which is biological fuel that enhances people and technology. In order to reactivate the Ora Gate for his own purposes he needs both a body (he somehow got trapped in this scythe, again pay attention to the loading screen tips!) and a TON of Ora, so he subtly influences Kayn and makes his unbidden ambitions take over his mind. Twisting his youthful anger into an obsessive need to adsorb the Ora of other sentients, Kayn takes Sona, someone who can speak to Ora and who knows how the Gate operates, and attempts to 'open' it and gain 'unlimited power.' This, of course, is a ruse. Rhaast is lying the entire time -- he doesn't care about Ora as anything but a tool. Sona escapes, and Rhaast and Kayn end up getting stuck with each other for years longer than either of them intended as they hunt her down. She joins the Morning Star, Kayn starts chasing the crew, and bingo bango here we are. I don't think anybody knows what Rhaast really is. To understand his true self would be like a normal human comprehending an eldritch god -- even the general concept of the alien, sentient Dark Star would break an average person's mind. Jarvan is just a mortal emperor doing Mortal Emperor Stuff, and Kayn starts actively disobeying him the minute he picks up the scythe. Dude has no idea what a Dark Star is... we do because, obviously, we have Player Knowledge. They do not. As for the Ora Gate? I know what it is and how it works, but I'm not talking ;) Annnnnd... yeah, I didn't spoil anything! Hope that helps!
> [{quoted}](name=Carnival Knights,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6Qocoqex,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-12T03:44:22.893+0000) > > I think you missed a bit of lore hiding in the VO and the short story. I'll do my best to explain this without spoiling anything. > > So, Rhaast is not from the Odyssey universe. No corruptant is -- he is alone, having fallen through the Ora Gate at an as-yet (pay attention to the special loading screen tips when the mode goes live!) undetermined point in time, and can't return on his own. Being a corruptant, his ultimate goal is to consume all of existence (this is why he sounds like he wants to eat people) and and then leap into the Dark Star itself, ending time, thought, and matter. However, the Dark Star does not exist in Odyssey. This "Ora" stuff does instead, which is biological fuel that enhances people and technology. In order to reactivate the Ora Gate for his own purposes he needs both a body (he somehow got trapped in this scythe, again pay attention to the loading screen tips!) and a TON of Ora, so he subtly influences Kayn and makes his unbidden ambitions take over his mind. Twisting his youthful anger into an obsessive need to adsorb the Ora of other sentients, Kayn takes Sona, someone who can speak to Ora and who knows how the Gate operates, and attempts to 'open' it and gain 'unlimited power.' This, of course, is a ruse. Rhaast is lying the entire time -- he doesn't care about Ora as anything but a tool. > > Sona escapes, and Rhaast and Kayn end up getting stuck with each other for years longer than either of them intended as they hunt her down. She joins the Morning Star, Kayn starts chasing the crew, and bingo bango here we are. > > I don't think anybody knows what Rhaast really is. To understand his true self would be like a normal human comprehending an eldritch god -- even the general concept of the alien, sentient Dark Star would break an average person's mind. Jarvan is just a mortal emperor doing Mortal Emperor Stuff, and Kayn starts actively disobeying him the minute he picks up the scythe. Dude has no idea what a Dark Star is... we do because, obviously, we have Player Knowledge. They do not. > > As for the Ora Gate? I know what it is and how it works, but I'm not talking ;) > > Annnnnd... yeah, I didn't spoil anything! Hope that helps! So Kayn is hum... Rhaast complete puppet. I almost feel bad for him now. Rhaast does what he wants and is feeding himself on Kayn desilusions. Now there is a Dark Star J4 and it's pretty ingruigjng. There is no way he didn't get corrupted by the Dark star himself leading to this skin. Too much coincidences. DS J4 bio also oddly match to this idea. Tell me more dear Rito I can't wait ! I love how you wrote the whole idea of Dark Stars and Rhaast being overall way superior to humans in concepts. Even Kayn ambition seems so small in comparison to Rhaast thirst for world end, and somehow i dig this suff.
: Odyssey and Lux
That's legit a super good idea ! The skin is called Imperial and could very much fit as a member of demaxia J4 army without even changing the name. She does have the military theme going on mixed with futuristic elements and like you said this skin stand alone out of nowhere. In fact she goes so well in that universe I'd adopt it as an headcanon if Rito doesn't acknowledge it. Very good find ~
: New Teaser Post
New Jinx skin i Guess? If it's her sister it's way too simple and looks too much like her.
: Mysterious Jinx Teaser on Twitter
If it was Jinx sister I'd be so disappoint because she act talk and look so much like her, it be a real waste. Now onto another Jinx skin... It's coming from a Jinx main : it's too much. Too soon. Her last one was this December. In a way I'm happy that my main get skins but she isn't so badly in need of one. Thinking of mains of less popular champs, I imagine they could be kinda annoyed. Also her looks is pretty close to her Slayer skin so I don't know... wait and see. This being said she does look like Vi a bit so maybe it's something lore related about their past. Like Jinx before she goes mad and is still friends with Vi. If it's the later I'm excited to see it.
: Will Pyke kill Gangplank and Miss Fortune?
Heh. They both survived the Harrowing (featuring horrors like Hecarim and Thresh) and both have Illaoi support. I doubt Pyke could kill them that easily...
Fasmodey (EUW)
: New Irelia and Talon Skins
League splash arts (or art in general) will always be my favorite part of the game. Talon looking hot and Irelia is so pretty. I'm happy for a skin on one of my fav champs.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Cosmic Ashe, Lulu, Xin, Mecha Aurelion Sol, Mafia Braum
Base A.Sol as Pix. Interesting... back to see some distributing Lulu after the SG one. The Braum look amazing. I didn't know how much I needed a Mafia Braum until now !
: Hmm Where is Syndra...Riot hello
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Z5EkAj9t,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-07-30T16:01:23.028+0000) > > Hmm Where is Syndra...Riot hello i remember they released way too fast a short story on her and had to take it down. But i was hoping she'll come along with the others champs for this batch.... Unless Syndra is no longer Ionian or something weird like this. Like what is she doing during or after the war that destroyed her country ? How is she doing ? That character has nice potential. I want her bio too !
Rioter Comments
: Someone earlier apparantly """""leaked""""" the next upcoming skins
Does anyone have the original reddit link of the leak? I can't find it anywhere. Tbh I'm really dubious of this one. If it happens to be true, aside from Sona who would look perfect, I'll be seriously disappoint at the champion choices. I don't see how Zyra and Shyvana can fit as Star Guardians. Their quotes make even less sense than MF and what about Shyvana dragon from ? Unless you make them a villainous team, but it doesn't fit with Sona. Maybe something about Ahri previous team past or something linked with Syndra/Janna. Would be cool to see the story continue instead of some random "throw the theme for max cash". Imo making a 5 way team 3 years in a row is making the line oversatured and not as special anymore. Could have skipped a year or try a different formula, like a 3 persons team. Here is some better candidates imo. {{champion:22}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:44}} (I know some of them had a skin recently but they do qualify better as SGs than the leak list. Maybe skipping a year really would be better?) Special mention to {{champion:163}} who is really the best candidate at being a Star Guardian beside Sona. She would look fantastical in the theme and pull if off perfectly. A rock using magical girl ! I know she just got SSG but why not ? World skins don't count and imo Dark Star J4 was fairly recent. Taliyah is badly in need of skins and everyone demands it. What is better than 2 skins on a row ? As much as I'm excited for SG Sona and Arcade Ori (sound adorable) I'm really doubtful of the list. It's oddly lacking in popular champions and so far only 2 leaks over 6 or 7 have been proved true. But i also saw a screen of the original reddit first post somewhere on FB and it mentioned LB actress saying she is back for the job once more to voice a character she hasn't done in a while, hinting a legendary LB skin. So the list is possibly true. I'm just on my guard for the champion choices who I thought would have been more "logical" than this. Wait and see then.
: Akali Special Interactions
{{champion:39}} "I admire your spirit. Your attitude, not so much." {{champion:84}} "It's who i am. Get used to it" Rito please make them team up already, i want to see some badass girls duo in action. Also she is so angry at both Zed and Shen, its pretty interesting. She really went her own way.
: The Dreaming Cave - New Syndra Story
Did the story get taken down ? i can only see ". . ." after refreshing the page
: I hate it. I'm sorry, but why in the hell is Syndra a straight up villain now? This was never Syndra's premise. She is a powerful individuum which was surpressed by her master 'cause they feared her. She was not a villain. Stop it. C'MON.
> [{quoted}](name=Tialilia,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eX1Lo2ep,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-17T17:57:50.610+0000) > > I hate it. > I'm sorry, but why in the hell is Syndra a straight up villain now? > This was never Syndra's premise. She is a powerful individuum which was surpressed by her master 'cause they feared her. > She was not a villain. Stop it. C'MON. Her family seems quite unsupportive, maybe she did turn out as a villain as a result of bad treatment/being turned down constantly.
La Bello (NA)
: Will Akali still be friends with Shen or at least view him in a positive manner?
Kennen isn't a student tho, he is basically older than them all. IMO Akali & Shen were never "friends", probably some mutual respect as skilled warriors both but i doubt they were close to the point Shen would feel sad for her departure. He is so focused on his perfect balance, he might not care this much for Akali choice. She can come back if she wants. If she doesn't want to, thats ok too. Seems like they had a massive argument before she left, like she really got damn upset at the Kinkou. I believe she left with a bitter aftertaste (apparently turned toward Shen in particular), while Shen himself seems way less afflicted. Understandably so, the Eye is supposed to be blind to all emotions. Honeslty i feel like she wasn't that close to Shen to begin with. EDIT : didn't see the date of the post sorry ! I wrote it after Akali lore update got revealed, so i guess it does answer indirectly
: Akali's parents were LGBT which is a nice detail Nvm they aren't
> [{quoted}](name=Spideraxe,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=UYhYnA8L,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-07-17T16:53:24.506+0000) > > Akali's parents were LGBT which is a nice detail what makes you think that ? I'm sorry if the question sounds rude, english isn't my first language and i'd like to see more LGBT characters as well but i think i missed the clues in the story.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Isn't Akali just Zed?
Not really. There is similarities so i'm hoping they might team up possibly ! But what i'd say is that its pretty normal to get mad at the Kinkou for doing nothing in the middle of a big war. Honestly i can understand them. They don't have the same ideals IMO, neither did they follow the same path or used the same ways. but they just agree on something pretty normal. Watching your own "house" doing nothing when the whole country is dying arround you is sure to get more than one acolythe upset.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Akali New Splash Art
Okay. Who should I kiss for this rework ? Everything so far about her is so exciting. I'm so happy to get back the hype I had from Irelia and Swain This splash is fantastical ! It just look so badass. The deadly eyes... the back pose... the tattoos reminiscent of Yakuzas... this art piece is just stunning. It's way better than anything I could dream of. According to hints and caption. It's confirmed that Akali is on her own now, no ? She and Irelia are like too sides of the same coin. It's interesting to have "linked" them through close reworks! Can't wait to see more. Id love some interactions between them ~~I'm biased because I love both Akali and Irelia a lot but it still be a good occasion to show more of the ionia war lore !
: Akali will probably come next PBE Cycle
Well i guess it kinda confirm we aren't getting a cinematic for her, unless i read wrong. But neither way i'm so hyped for this champion trailer, especially since its different than usual... what could it be... EDIT : well since its different...maybe it could be a cinematic ?? honestly i dont know but cant wait !
: Hextech Poppy and SSG Skins teasers
Pro players imitating recalls is my favorite thing ever. Especially the Rakan & Xayah one, it was so funny yet kinda cute? Considering buying Xayah, those skins all look great imo.
: Whats your Favorite Garbage Skin?
All-Stars Akali. Its just Akali as a football player with no textures nothing but somehow i think she looks neat. Plus maybe its going to become super amazing after the rework.
: How Powerful Are The Darkin Now?
Below an Aspect i guess. Ascended level before being sealed, though they were weakned by the Void event. EDITED. Actually MB they did indeed learn more magic in their status as Darkins so perhaps stronger than an Ascended. THough i feel like its hard to compare because their powers became quite different The whole sealing thing made them weaker though. Also it seems some darkins handle the sealing thing way better than others. Aatrox and Varus look like they have it easy compared to Rhaast (and i'm not talking about the whole Kayn resolve is strong, it barely explain it IMO). I'd say they are sort of gods level, but lesser gods somehow ? (post-sealing)
: So, uh, given their history as ascended, are Arclight Varus and Justicar Aatrox their former look?
I don't know but i'm totally going to accept this as canon. Even before the lore update, wasn't Arclight Varus considered his form before corruption ? As for Aatrox, the lore description looks a lot like Justicar.
: VS Teaser by LOL China
I'm guessing Noxus vs Demacia. Maybe the order vs chaos thing with Garen and Darius (and possibly J4 and Swain...One can dream). The description, as well as the color scheme and their respective portrayal through a lion and wolf fit really well as a depiction of Noxus (wolf) and Demacia (lion). The whole bloodthristy conquerors lurking for war vs the royal and proud conservationists looking for justice. This screams of these two nations. So i'm guess a Noxus vs Demacia event (a vs event was mentionned on the previous dev diaries) with some skins for the country representatives. I could be wrong of course, rito has been known to like twisting things arround.
: Shen skin everybody! (Riven and TF too)
The 3 of them looks so badass and the splash art are gorgeous. Really god for Shen to get such a skin. Poor Ezreal definitely looks out of this world now.
: ROADMAP
"what her life looks like a couple years down the road when she strikes out on her own" Get ready for Akali *going rogue* against the Kinkou ! Or at least, getting detached from them. " feel like a champion who has mastered a wide range of weapons—both magical and physical" Please give me this sweet Order Of Shadow/Kinkou dual disciple student ! I'm getting so excited for her rework !
: Blood Moon Evelynn Skin Spotlight
Kinda happy Eve finally gets a Bloodmoon skin. Always thought the theme would fit her very much and there was amazing fanarts of Bloodmoon Evelynn. But this version is a bit...Disappointing ? The base idea is okay but it lack many details. It doesn't feel as Bloodmoon-ish as it should in comparison to the others skins of the series. She could use more japanese inspired accessories, with a long flowing kimono, and a really creepy mask. What fascinates the most on Bloodmoon skins is their variety of oni masks IMO, seeing her without one is really lackluster. It just doesn't match the quality of others BMs like Diana, Shen or Talon. She could be branded under another name and it would still fit. I know its still pre-release so a few more details and a creepier vibe would really help.
Jasiwel (NA)
: Questions about Zed's updated short biography compared to the outdated long biography.
Here it goes it went thanks to new lore and supported by a Rioter post on the boards a few months ago. Zed was a student of the Order of Kinkou and Shen's friend. He is noted as being already the best student of the Kinkou Order (mentionned in Jhin bio too) so his previous rivalry with Shen is probably no more. He followed the Kinkous ways until the whole Jhin story. Here, his master Kusho decided to spare Jhin, a psychopathic killer who ruined countless lives. Zed was about to kill him, but Kusho had mercy for such a man. At this point, Zed is starting to put the Kinkou teachings in consideration. It is said that even Shen does not agree with Kusho but follow still. Zed however, is so focused on the horrors he had seen and the Kinkou lack of response that he start to not focus on his studies and would end up diving in the Shadows Arts. Trying to follow the timeline. After Jhin emprisonnement, Zed start to studies forbidden shadow magic. Perhaps out of curiosity, but it sound like a middle finger to the Kinkou and a way to gain the power they would not give him. In old lore he did that to win against Shen but even more important to impress his master. At this point new lore Zed probably hates Kusho so it sound more like a way to get stronger for himself. Maybe a defense after all he witnessed. Oddly, i really understand this. Zed's detachement from the Kinkou was a long and slow one. He would leave after getting in trouble for this. And then the war happens. Kusho refuses to help. (so its canon the Kinkou did nothing). Zed is not affiliated with the Kinkou anymore. He is going to make his own military group to drive Noxians invaders, if the Kinkou are so unable to do it. And this is the actual reason for the Shadow Order existence. This is the one part that fit with the old lore : he came back after the war to get the box. Kusho tries to stop him. He kills him. (so he actually kill Kusho out of hatred for his former master, who still stand in the way after all these years). Shen is then almost forced to become Eye after Kusho dies, and this is when that Shen would be mad at Zed for killing Kusho. Now remember, the Kinkou is revered by they have many haters as well. Ionia currently is divided in many different factions. Its heavily hinted the Kinkou did not act in the War (they are all about balance, and taking one side, even for their country, wouldn't be a balanced judgement. Plus, maybe they consider wars as part of said necessary balance. Chaos is requiered too.) Starting from here, many people would probably doubt and hate the Kinkou. They have powerful warriors, but they did not do anything. Irelia herself mentions that they did nothing, and apparently even Xayah despise them for never moving. The Kinkou is antagonist to everyone who wants a change. Zed and his Order are part of a different faction, the kind who act and fights and he certainly gained his followers amongs those who wanted to defends their lands through offensive power. Irelia resistance is of the same type, though the Order of Shadows are real radicals. TDLR; after the war, the Kinkou is more like an Order among many, and one that is hard to agree with. From what i remember, they are even self governing, they do get requests as seen in Shen bio but aren't part of Ionia council or anything high like this. It might be dangerous to let them do whatever they feel like this but they are necessary after all. As a TDLR; the jealousy deals probably does not exist at all (it doesn't make much sense when you read Jhin story) and his real reason for opening the war is to get an advantage against Noxians. Shen wasn't yet the Eye when Zed came and slaugheterd the previous Kinkou. Its almost as if Shen became Eye because Kusho died abrutly and his son was the best next candidate. I didn't find the actual Riot answer on boards post but[ i found a screenshot of it](http://lynxdezessete.tumblr.com/post/170362038792/unforjhinately-the-artisan-killer-its-on-his) Hope it helped ! Sorry for the edit. Had to clarify.
: Riot...How Much Ionia Lore Can We Expect from Akali?
Lore of the ninjas, the darker, military stuff. Right now its was mainly world building only. The last mention about Ionia being sparated between radicals & traditionalists (a bit touched in Irelia lore too) make me believe it be expanded in Akali lore. We know that after Noxus invasion Ionia got cleaved between different schools of fightings : those who want to keep the peace & harmony of traditional Ionia (Karma, Shen though differently) & those who want to act and fight by themselves with an offensive way (Irelia, Zed though differently). Since Akali was hinted to have been a student of the Order of Shadows before going to the Kinkou, i can imagine her tasting the two disciplines right in the middle of the war. It would make for a very interesting character building IMO. There is two sides, but how about someone who tasted the two ? Now we can speculate, maybe she quit the Order of Shadow because she did not agree with their views; maybe she was forced into the Kinkou (her old lore sound like she was fated to it since birth and had no choice). I've always imagined Akali as Zed daughter. Her mother was his student in the Order of Shadow and upon quitting it, she teached Akali her techniques of the Shadows to have her success in the Kinkou later. Maybe Akali had time to get them directly from Zed aswell. Akali was described as being fairly young in lore (her only mentionned age is 14, when she enters the Kinkou). That's just an idea i had though. It can not make sense at all so take this part with a grain of salt ! However its pretty much canon she was a Order of Shadows student and i'd love it if Riot where to exploit this idea of using two *opposed* disciplines at once. Seeing how Kinkou & Shadows are different, it would make Akali a really complex individual. An odd point i'd like to share is how Irelia has a rather annoyed line to Kinkou order Shen & Kennen on how they were not present in the war, but a specific line to Akali about how she likes her style but not her attitude. (meaning new lore Akali is probably very aggressive, can't wait to see it. )Might mean that post-rework Akali won't be this much affiliated with the Kinkou (honestly she always looked a bit on her own, at least not as close to the other 2 as she should) or would go rogue against them. Maybe because they did nothing and she acted on her own. Maybe the timeline is inversed and she'll seek help to Zed. The possibilies are endless ! Plus i believe playing this card of "opposed disciples in one person" is a very good way to show how well things work in this cleaved Ionia. Isnt her passive Twin Disciples ? Sorry for the rant.
darkdill (NA)
: Since Lux/Ezreal ship was sunk, who would Lux be romantically interested in?
Do we really need to have romance on League of Legends though ? The community works better when everyone is free to ship what they want. Story wise, a lot more characters are more interesting than Ezreal to end up with Lux. Their stories barely fit with the new lores. I don't see why would would want to push canon ships in LoL. She could want to stay single (and knowing Lux determination and struggles, i see her better this way). Why does the one bubbly cute blonde has to absolutely have a boyfriend ? Not only it sound sort of stereotypical, but it had nothing interesting to her story. Not to mention, making a ship canon is going to sink thousand of others ships you let the community the chance to build because originally, nothing was supposed to be canon. Sure there is some references on the old lore but even that could be interpreted as a one sided light crush sorta, and it was more interesting/unique. I thought Rakan & Xayah were the only expection made to be like that and finally have one couple because adding more couples not only destroy people's perceptions and would disappoint lot of players but its also not interesting or fullfilling. What's with that agenda to push couples everywhere ? And why Ezreal ? They are the basic, perfect blonde teenage couple ? She is a knight and spy in conservative Demacia and he is a kid in Piltover looking for treasures and for his parents. You could decide to ship Lux with Talon or Taliyah and it would still make more sense than Ezreal. Sorry for the rant but pushing ships on LoL is the last thing i want to happen to the lore. It be such a let down for all those theories building the fans have been making for years *because* we have the chance to have a Universe open to possibilities.
: She did have a sort of "reaction to general villainous Ioanian" quote, which could apply to Syndra
> [{quoted}](name=revliledpembroke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=36BsRkTd,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-03-21T05:28:10.876+0000) > > She did have a sort of "reaction to general villainous Ioanian" quote, which could apply to Syndra Maybe will Syndra not be villainous anymore ? I never saw her as an actual villain, just misunderstood and with a short temper. It be cool to get some light on her situation on the war with a small update. Because right now she's out of touch with everyone, like she was never part of Ionia.
Nylisa (EUW)
: Zelos? O-ma? Ohn? Kye? Little ruu...? I know zelos was her brother but the rest? "Somewhere, a forest is missing its idiot" Poor Ivern!
> [{quoted}](name=Nylisa,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=36BsRkTd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-20T19:49:17.864+0000) > > Zelos? O-ma? Ohn? Kye? Little ruu...? > > I know zelos was her brother but the rest? > > "Somewhere, a forest is missing its idiot" > > Poor Ivern! I guess it just refer to people she uses to know. O-ma i suppose is her grandmother ? As for Kye, it could be interesting if it was Kai, the one from Varus lore (who got absorbed by the Darkin). Would make for the greatest lore follow-up.
: Irelia: The Blade Dancer | Champion Trailer - League of Legends
She looks so stunning. Anything so far about her is just amazing. Artwork. Music. And now gameplay. I can see why she'd be a pain to play against with all that mobility but visually it's probably the most beautiful-looking kit of the game. She was litteraly one of my first mains. I evolved as kinda bad at toplane but maybe she will be the reason to try it again fully !
Rodnii (NA)
: Irelia Login Music & Splash
Its interesting to see her looking so close to her original self but with lot more modernity and style. She looks so strong, determined yet with a hint of serenity. You could tell me she's the queen of Ionia and i'd believe it. If her base splash is this gorgeous, i have high hopes for the skins ! (can't wait for Aviator !) The rework went in quite fast but everything looks so promising so far ! And the music is amazing as well. For some reason Riot music departement really never disappoint. Its like they always manage to create the most fitting theme possible for a variety of champions/skins, and still make them strong and memorable. In my opinion the art of LoL could be one of the single reasons to love and play the game.
: Shen, Master Yi and Yasuo all seem to be present in the Irelia mural.
I could see Yi being an important swordman in Ionia, but Shen & Yasuo are unlikely. The Kinkou is self governing, i guess they are on friendly therm with Ionia as a whole but they still remain on their side. I can't see them fighting with the others like that. As for Yasuo, poor guy as it rough, he probably just spend his life running away after the disaster of the accusation and never got a chance to fight on the war seeing how he is in disgrace everywhere now.
: Zed and his order of shadows, the Noxian invasion - where are they on the timeline of Valoran?
In Zed updated client bio, it says he created the Order of Shadows purposefully to fight against Noxians invaders and protect his nation in his own way. I suppose his lore is going to get fully reworked with the Ionian lore update from Irelia VGU. Basically the whole "i created an order just to be stronger than the others" is going to be way deeper than this. Connecting with Jhin lore, he created his order first because he does not believe in Kusho's way anymore (Kusho choosing to spare Jhin after all the horrors he did) and through his detachment with the Kinkou, he is going to make Ionia stronger as a whole (or according to his own POV , aka balance is bad and Ionians should realise their full potential) I believe timeline-wise, the war happened after the whole Jhin deal, so Zed now uses his Order to drive out Noxians invaders in a way the Kinkou could not. TDLR; he's still on Ionia side despite having cut all ties with his former Order, and still fight for Ionia but with different ways. The Order of Shadows is affiliated only with themselves.
: Irelia: The Defiant Blade | Champion Teaser
waw, i'm getting so incredibly hyped. Irelia was one of my very first champions when i was about lvl 5. It bring so much memories to see her reworked now ! Too bad i evolved into "suck terribly at toplane". Meanwhile i'm getting so much high hopes for the reworked lores of Ionia coming. (maybe a portion of Noxus, seeing her ties with Swain and the apperance of Riven in the video) Riot's getting so good at lore recently. She looks so gracious and yet so strong. Can't wait to see the rest ! Does anyone have a rough idea of when we'll see her in live ?
: New Galio, Alistar and Sivir skins preview
Riot might give us some chromas to choose the pizza topping. No more pineapples ! Sivir looks fantastical btw.
: Hi hi! As with any champion, unless we've officially announced/teased a skin, it isn't something we openly discuss as devs. The State of Skins Dev Diaries are your best bet for spoilers for what's coming up further down the road, as opposed to what most of our social channels tease for the next patch. The main reason is, a lot of things change in development - a concept may be heavily changed, ice boxed, or scrapped entirely. We may want, I don't know, Candy King Shen (no idea why, but for the sake of example), and that doesn't work (surprise), so we want like, Star Guardian Shen. If I said we were making Candy King and you were *super hyped*, you'd be pretty upset that we pivoted so heavily on thematic. It'd also suck for me to say, 'hell yeah, new Shen skin coming this spring!' and have one of the other aforementioned things happen and then you don't see anything on PBE.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot KateyKhaos,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TI6tnQi5,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-03-06T18:18:20.022+0000) > > Hi hi! > > As with any champion, unless we've officially announced/teased a skin, it isn't something we openly discuss as devs. The State of Skins Dev Diaries are your best bet for spoilers for what's coming up further down the road, as opposed to what most of our social channels tease for the next patch. > > The main reason is, a lot of things change in development - a concept may be heavily changed, ice boxed, or scrapped entirely. We may want, I don't know, Candy King Shen (no idea why, but for the sake of example), and that doesn't work (surprise), so we want like, Star Guardian Shen. > > If I said we were making Candy King and you were *super hyped*, you'd be pretty upset that we pivoted so heavily on thematic. It'd also suck for me to say, 'hell yeah, new Shen skin coming this spring!' and have one of the other aforementioned things happen and then you don't see anything on PBE. Speaking of which, once the concept is choosen, would it be possible to show us the whole developement process like you did with Illaoi ? I feel like after waiting for so long many people would be happy to see it !
darkdill (NA)
: Riot, you totally missed a chance for Miss Fortune to subtly taunt Jinx's flat chest!
Because making taunts about boobs is really petty and stupid. I don't see how it is funny at all. Also i don't understand why you want both Jinx & MF characters solely reduced to the size of their boobs.
: So, we just got a new /Dev Diary, and it's official...
Honestly they are doing a pretty good job so far. They did disappoint quite a lot with popular champs skin in series but now its back to the forgotten ones to satisfy everyone, somehow i appreciate the attention ! Also Pool Party Zoe looking adorable ! ~~is it too much to hope for a traditional japanese war outfit duo skins on Akali & Irelia following their reworks ?~~
: Working Dev Diary: State of Skins
Tbh i'm pretty excited for SSG, they seems awesome for now. Looking legit like actual skins, i'm happy they dropped the original jogging outfit formula for worlds skins. Pretty excited for the Shen skin too, finally ! I wonder what it will be like. Could Riot possibly do like with Illaoi again and show us the progress ? I feel like after waiting so long, many people would be happy to participate.
: /dev diary: State of Skins
Well, finally Shen is getting his skin, i can see many people being happy, right ? I'm pretty excited to see what they will come up with for him. Since they showed Pool Party Zoe while talking of the event, could it mean we get a Pool Party Zoe ? Also quite pleased with the look of the SSG skin, especially Rakan & Xayah, they are looking gorgeous ! Kinda help after Sweetheart;
: Hey @Kateykhaos, any news on Shen?
In the dev diary video just released now, they said they plan on giving one to him this year. Probably already in production. Have a nice day ! ~
: Why the F*** the Ultimate skin wasn't given for toplane?
To be honest we kind of speculated it was for a toplaner because all roles are somewhat filled and its the only missing role. But what if Riot never ever intended to make it role based ? Look at any other skin lines, from Project to Star Guardian passing by Arcade. Even the stuff like Victorious or Championship. None ever followed a clear lanes pattern. Guess we should never expect Riot to release based on lanes. Trying to look at the bright side : having necessarily a toplaner to fill all the roles would mean stopping ultimate skins at 5. Now we can expect more ultimates to come.
: So...what is the purpose of this Ultimate skin?
Well i'd rather like to know why they did not went with [those concept arts](https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1Iuaaic0msE/Wp6NSuW-2VI/AAAAAAABFoc/xklqZJVacKcqOPp7Uf9Ts-i2aij7IneHgCLcBGAs/s1920/Concept_Exploration.jpg) instead (custody of Riot, found on Surrender at 20) and decided to go with that. They look awesome and more fitting of the ultimate tier. Why scrap them to go with the current one instead ? I'm a bit confused.
: Next Ultimate Skin: Gun Goddess Miss Fortune
The Splash art looks quite great, though IMO the face need a bit of fixing. [But those concept arts](https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1Iuaaic0msE/Wp6NSuW-2VI/AAAAAAABFoc/xklqZJVacKcqOPp7Uf9Ts-i2aij7IneHgCLcBGAs/s1920/Concept_Exploration.jpg) ? They are so badass and so much better than the final product ! Kinda sad they didn't make it as the final skin. They scream much more Ultimate Skin than what we have now. She's pretty chroma-ish. At least we finally get the new VO. EDIT : I ended up writting the obvious and expected comment about champions in need of a skin. its obvious now Riot is playing favoritism and is not listening anyway. I feel like they should just release a good Aurelion or Taliyah skin asap to make it better to digest. I have no problem with popular champions getting more skins, as long as the others have something too. They should keep it fair, like you release a skin on Lux if you want but next one is for Urgot. Don't go straight to MF. They could have even postponed the Lunar Empress for another Lunar Revel, i'm sure her story could fit another year anyway. The problem lies in how some players of less popular champs are feeling left-out, not allowed to participate in the skin fest with others. I get that Riot is a business but a few skin for everyone won't hurt. It was more diverse a few years ago already...So why now ?
Show more

Nintendo 3DS

Level 219 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion