Sharjo (EUW)
: Aatrox was, as far as I'm aware, the darkin trapped in his sword. He dominated his host, warped their body, and made himself whole again so to speak. Aatrox is the darkin here. We don't know who his wielder was. When I say known darkin, I mean the darkin known to players, that being Aatrox and Rhaast presently. And I dunno what Aatrox's deal is presently. Hm...personally I'd put it as a darkin probably winning out in the end if she fought one, but she's formidable. I wouldn't put it past her to kill one of them. Rhaast and Aatrox to Xerath or Voli? I'd say no question that Xerath and Voli come out on top 1v1. Nasus, I wouldn't give it to him so easily though he'd have it better than most. I personally think that Renekton would beat a darkin, if my opinion's any consolation. I wouldn't say that. It's more a case of what's going on with the weapons. They were sealed away in various locations long ago, and Rhaast was only recently rediscovered by people. Aatrox hasn't been in such a situation for a long time. I'm actually not up to speed on Aatrox's lore beyond what's player facing, so apologies there.
Given the fights here, I'd say Lore wise neither Darkin would even bother with Xerath as there is no bloodlust to be satisfied in that battle, that said Lore wise Xerath could easily kill like 95% of the champs, I would also argue that Nasus, being ascended, would at the very least give a Darkin a run for his money But regarding Syndra and Voli, those are physical creatures, one of them human no less, and the darkin have been shown to not only be leagues above any of them physically, but also able to control them mentally (and in some cases even change their body functions with a glance {{champion:23}} ) So I'm pretty sure the symbiote of the LoL universe could take on a bear or a powerfull human mage Demi gods like Nasus and Xerath... probably not That said pretty sure unless you overcome a darkin mentally in the struggle for the body, like what the new guy can possibly do, you just destroy his body and he returns to the weapon Now the interesting speculation is, what would happen if a Shurima Ascended or Targonian Aspect tried to wield a Darkin weapon?
: This isn't the same thing as the bilgewater event. You sound like a whiny kid when you are complaining about how OCE get special stuff
> [{quoted}](name=Avantel,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=IEuEEcFq,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-01-22T10:03:00.977+0000) > > This isn't the same thing as the bilgewater event. > > You sound like a whiny kid when you are complaining about how OCE get special stuff You're right it's not like Bilgewater, it's the same as Pool Party, but exclusive to one part of the world for some reason An event to promote the ocean is totally fine, awesome in fact, but why make it exclusive? With exclusive rewards that no one else may ever get? You think I'm a whiny kid? That's fine my friend You have the right to your opinion Just as I have the right to complain about something I find unfair and simply idiotic That does little more than seclude the community after such awesome worldwide events like Pool Party
Wuks (OCE)
: While I don't speak for any of the regional teams, from what I've seen within the OCE community, this is something that they've grown fond of, proud of, and something they can take ownership of. While, yes, the ocean does belong to everyone (and everyone should help sustain and support it), I think it's okay to let them have this event. The Riot OCE regional team and the OCE community have put a lot of work into making this event successful, so let's find other ways of supporting Ocean Week and the event :)
But you get exclusive stuff that no one else can get! Would it have been fair if the Bilgewater event was exclusive to EU or NA?
Rioter Comments
: "El numero primo" actually means "the prime number". "number one" is [the infamous] "número uno".
> [{quoted}](name=ShinobuElveszett,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Otjb8RjX,comment-id=005e0000,timestamp=2016-01-18T17:31:48.170+0000) > > "El numero primo" actually means "the prime number". "number one" is [the infamous] "número uno". you... I like you... thank you for the non-douchy correction my friend ^^
: Discussion: Most toxic abilities in the game?
I have a top 3 3rd: {{champion:157}} Windwall, for the mobility and damage this champ has, an ability that can simply block EVERY projectile is just way too much, specially when champs focused on defense like Braum don't even get something like it 2nd: {{champion:412}} hook, not because it's op, but because the hit box is so incredibly messed up it just feels horrible when you are 10 steps to the side and it still connects and in number one El numero Uno 1st: {{champion:64}} ulti, loosing? press R, winning? press R, wanna make super LCS plays? press R, wanna destroy a tank by using him as a projectile vs his own team, doing damage (to his own team) based on HIS health? PRESS FREAKIN R Not to mention it's a suppresion AOE point and click with amazing AD scalling
: The Best Part of the Boards
Everyone is making your day today bro Enjoy all the notifications {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
: because nothing more screams protective ninja like a giant-ass sword floating around with him
> [{quoted}](name=NyX Reks,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AQEWon2N,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-01-14T21:23:57.903+0000) > > because nothing more screams protective ninja like a giant-ass sword floating around with him I'm sorry what exactly screams protective ninja to you? a shield like braum but with an asian dragon instead of a ram? There is no clear image for "Bodyguard ninja", they can do whatever the hell they want with it, if they go with Ki blade then that's fine by me, it seems fitting Unlike let's say a chemist that runs around and throws people with a shield while farting on them
The Fast (NA)
: * Crits that work on every attack, but is guaranteed on the 4th attack. * Which can be rushed because he gain's AD from AS and Critical Chance, in % increase form. * A rapid fire cannon gives him 17.5% of his total AD. * He has range, damage, and massive utility due to traps and 2500 range snares. He has early access to warlords, and makes good use of it due to the bullet being a crit AND an execute. Granted reduced crit damage is a bummer in this regard early game, but he quickly makes up for it. I think comparing Jhin to a juggernaut is incredibly confusing, so I'm with you on that. He's still not useless though.
> [{quoted}](name=Knight Kore,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vkEeyyvj,comment-id=0009000000000001,timestamp=2016-01-14T19:38:53.135+0000) > > * Crits that work on every attack, but is guaranteed on the 4th attack. > * Which can be rushed because he gain's AD from AS and Critical Chance, in % increase form. > * A rapid fire cannon gives him 17.5% of his total AD. > * He has range, damage, and massive utility due to traps and 2500 range snares. He has early access to warlords, and makes good use of it due to the bullet being a crit AND an execute. Granted reduced crit damage is a bummer in this regard early game, but he quickly makes up for it. > > I think comparing Jhin to a juggernaut is incredibly confusing, so I'm with you on that. He's still not useless though. Never said he was useless, I think, for the kind of character he is, he is perfect currently What I'm afraid is people are gonna complain about him doing too much damage and asking for a nerf, completely disregarding all his weaknesses
: Is this an actual thing? I like that.
> [{quoted}](name=Gunslinger744,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=60MkuB0G,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-01-14T16:57:45.938+0000) > > Is this an actual thing? I like that. it is The blade only moves if he gets, and I quote, "Stupid far from it" or uses R and that move is a snap into position next to him, not actual movement in his direction The only actual thing that could indicate Shens position is when he uses Q and the blade "flies" to him, indicating his general direction only
: list of shen's W drawbacks
calm down people, it's still in testing, I'm sure they'll buff it if it feels 2 weak
: Riot, for all of the Shen players out there, make this one change for us...
The Swords position indicates a place where Shen used his last ability, nothing else You can't see the energy link the blade has no reaction be him close or not He could be doing Baron and the blade could be floating at dragon pit without any indication of anything hell he could be doing red with the blade at bottom lane and use his W on an ally in lane without showing his position
: Shen's Spirit Blade seems like it would be better on Irelia.
spirit blade =/= floating knifes It's Ki that shapes like a blade and serves mainly defensive reasons That's as Shen as you can get
: He has mobility, crits give him movespeed. People also tend to forget that lack of mobility isn't that bad on champions with 9000 range on their abilities like Jhin does, compare that to low mobility on a champ like Darius or Skarner who can't touch anything beyond 500
> [{quoted}](name=Jelly Mac,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vkEeyyvj,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-01-14T12:37:19.439+0000) > > He has mobility, crits give him movespeed. > > People also tend to forget that lack of mobility isn't that bad on champions with 9000 range on their abilities like Jhin does, compare that to low mobility on a champ like Darius or Skarner who can't touch anything beyond 500 Yes... crits... crits that only work on the 4th attack... which can't be rushed cuz he can't gain AS He literally only has range and damage, he has no Attack speed, sustain, movement speed Wanna compare the sustain/tankyness/CC/AOE/Cleanup/damage of Darius with Jhins Range/damage? Thank Lord almighty people like Gypsy are in command and know what the hell they are doing If it was in your hands i bet every champ would be Lee Sins cousins
: "Jhin has no attack speed, how will he compete with other adc"
I'm scared people will complain he's OP then he'll be nerfed and become useless Cuz people just don't realize that mobility is a stat aswell, but NOOOOO if he has more damage than lucian or Vayne then he MUST be op, completely excluding the fact those motherhumpers have mobility up the butt
AD Yuumi (NA)
: Serious respone: I'm totally fine making a kit that has similar abilities to other champs. What's important is that THE KIT plays different, not any individual spell. And trust me, Jhin is VERY different. Honestly, if you were to look at Draven's abilities in a champion reveal without playing the character you'd probably be complaining about how boring he looked. An AD amp like Vayne Q, A tristana Q with a MS buff, A boring knockaside missile, Ezreal R that comes back. Nothing in his tooltips really delves into how truly unique and different the axe catching movement game is. Also, as an unrelated to Jhin sidepoint, I'm not sure everyone needs as much unique gameplay as Draven. While some people find his axe catching compelling and enjoyable, others name it as the primary reason they will never touch the character. Our game needs characters with varying degrees of accesibility. It needs Garen and Sona types just as much as it needs Yasuo and Draven types.
> Also, as an unrelated to Jhin sidepoint, I'm not sure everyone needs as much unique gameplay as Draven. While some people find his axe catching compelling and enjoyable, others name it as the primary reason they will never touch the character. Our game needs characters with varying degrees of accesibility. It needs Garen and Sona types just as much as it needs Yasuo and Draven types. A Gypsy our one true lord of popular and interesting yet not necessarily broken champs How I admire your work my friend!
badooga (NA)
: You can say that all you want, but it's still worthy of a report. Say that during the game, and secretly report them after the game is over.
> [{quoted}](name=badooga,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jskMrX1z,comment-id=0018000000000000,timestamp=2016-01-11T22:48:51.859+0000) > > You can say that all you want, but it's still worthy of a report. Say that during the game, and secretly report them after the game is over. In my view at least he had the balls to say it to your face, while you do it in his back, not saying he is in the right, just that you went below his level with that Again you are not wrong, you're just a cowardly asshole
badooga (NA)
: People also say "you autistic piece of shit", which is intended as an insult towards you. Regardless of whether it insults you, they are all worth a report.
> [{quoted}](name=badooga,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jskMrX1z,comment-id=00180000,timestamp=2016-01-11T11:19:26.487+0000) > > People also say "you autistic piece of shit", which is intended as an insult towards you. Regardless of whether it insults you, they are all worth a report. "Lol love you too bae ^^" Did you not read my comment?
guns irl (NA)
: Retard, Autistic, Downs should be considered hate speech and bannable
Jesus... people are so easily offended now a days I am by all accounts latino and have never felt insulted by any joke or "insult" about that And personally I think that if you are not personally in the group being "insulted" then you have no say in it The only insults I think should be bannable are the ones directed to you as a person like "I hope you get cancer" or "I fucked your mother last night" If someone called me retard I'd just be like "Lol love you too bae ^^" If someone called me n*gger I'd just be like "I wish I had a shlong that big" If someone called me mexican I'd just be like "Unfortunatly we don't have kickass hats like they do =(" It's all about how you present yourself If it was meant as an insult then you let them win by GETTING insulted If it wasn't meant as an insult then why get insulted? Just hakuna you tatas and laugh it off he insults? just ignore or troll him by being super nice, works everytime
: Wait, is this the guy from Ekko's cinematic??
The way that kid died was no secret, it was in the comic, he got shot by a normal gun by a normal criminal, he died in Ekkos arms and was most certainly buried by him Not to mention this is a grown ass man, not a little kid that's younger than Ekko
nami tf (NA)
: Noob things even pros do sometimes
fighting {{champion:86}} when you are the villain chasing {{champion:27}}
: Welp, it's official guys.
If this is real it's only in NA cuz just logged in for both EUW and PBE and no such message appeared
: Well that was a very hilarious read. XD {{champion:86}} is fun agreed, and that will always work with him! But I'm talking more along the lines of most CC centric Tanks. Figuring out who and when (especially in teamfights) to CC certain targets can be difficult for me to figure out.
> [{quoted}](name=Bow hunter 16,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=oE0XEVjc,comment-id=0000000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2016-01-04T16:52:36.348+0000) > > Well that was a very hilarious read. XD > > {{champion:86}} is fun agreed, and that will always work with him! But I'm talking more along the lines of most CC centric Tanks. Figuring out who and when (especially in teamfights) to CC certain targets can be difficult for me to figure out. It works pretty well with {{champion:33}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:12}} and {{champion:106}} aswell XD With champs like Nautilus I usually just use him as a wall while keeping the damage dealers entertained with me while the rest of my team slaughters theirs I think it's the easiest role in the game, just be the big bro and be all like "You messin with mah sister hun? Get over here! Imma make you mah woman!" And while they are busy hitting you like idiots your team is cleaning up The trick is making it look like you are there alone, and by alone I don't mean they hiding in the fun bush, I mean just go in way in front of your team, PRETEND to be an idiot who is overextended, they will follow up but the enemy will only see you (tunnel Vision), you might die but they will have wasted all their cooldowns on you and your team will just cleanup afterwards Now about assassins, here's the best trick I found to deal with assassins on your back lines that does not require you getting triggered faster than a feminazi on a fashion show Don't give them a chance... seriously, the more you keep playing the waiting game the more likely it is your Jinx is already in the menu of the Rengar lurking in the bush Engage before the enemy assassin has a chance to position himself for an ambush That is all my Demacian brain can teach, use it wisely in the fields of justice young one Praise Leeroy Jenkins our master
: I just can't play the role of tank very well. I'd rather leave it to someone who knows how to play such a role.
> [{quoted}](name=Bow hunter 16,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=oE0XEVjc,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-01-04T04:17:31.223+0000) > > I just can't play the role of tank very well. I'd rather leave it to someone who knows how to play such a role. Build whatever stops the enemy damage plus health Run into them like a a seamen at a brothel Assume you are playing a 90s side scroller, meaning no back tracking Never surrender, never retreat and most of all DEMACIA! That's how I do it, worked pretty well so far
Noctius28 (EUW)
: Well technically she IS seeing what the dragons are doing there...
PS: This skin is amazing in-game and incredibly cute and heart warming, not to mention best voice over ever Almost feels like a new champion
Ghi (NA)
: Dragon Tristana's Face reminds me of something ..............
Well technically she IS seeing what the dragons are doing there...
: He said new champion.
> [{quoted}](name=Silents429,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3Evd2LfW,comment-id=0001000300020000,timestamp=2015-11-11T13:43:07.148+0000) > > He said new champion. He also said she will come live on the last patch of the year If she's on testing now but Poppy is not then that means she will come out later After Last patch of the year is when?
: Need Artorias Jax now.
> [{quoted}](name=Germanic Fox,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=UIdE50mf,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2015-11-11T03:24:17.737+0000) > > Need Artorias Jax now. Jartorias? I'd dig it But do it after he gets a freakin VU!
Meddler (NA)
: Tempting... Seriously though, Illaoi will be the last new champion of the year. If all goes according to plan Illaoi will come out in 5.23 and the final patch of the year will be either 5.23 or 5.24, depending on how patch testing goes.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3Evd2LfW,comment-id=00010003,timestamp=2015-11-11T07:43:11.821+0000) > > Tempting... > > Seriously though, Illaoi will be the last new champion of the year. If all goes according to plan Illaoi will come out in 5.23 and the final patch of the year will be either 5.23 or 5.24, depending on how patch testing goes. wait WHAT ABOUT POPPY?!? Wasn't she coming out this year? What have you done with the little ball of hate?!
terkmc (NA)
: Wut Sejuani is pure strength and grit, what magical object and technology you talking about?
> [{quoted}](name=terkmc,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=vjrjXK8h,comment-id=0007000000010000,timestamp=2015-11-10T21:23:46.426+0000) > > Wut > Sejuani is pure strength and grit, what magical object and technology you talking about? true Ice, also not to mention centrifugal force combined with tecnic, not just brute force
Cuix (NA)
: Vi, Sej, and Leona are also pretty odd in terms of how their body types relate to what they're actually doing, but progress comes in small steps.
> [{quoted}](name=Cuix,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=vjrjXK8h,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2015-11-10T20:35:09.853+0000) > > Vi, Sej, and Leona are also pretty odd in terms of how their body types relate to what they're actually doing, but progress comes in small steps. ok let me try to make this clear Riven, Vi, Sej and Leona are all strong but most of that lifting comes from magical objects or technology that slightly break the rules Ilaoi is a BEAST of a woman who is carrying a solid ball of what I assume is Brass, and using all her might to swing it around, not to mention she is from a place were physical labour is a lot more prevalent, plus you can notice she is literally big bonned Hell she probably can punch as hard as Vi with no need for high tech gloves Please stop insulting other characters just because they dont fit your personal tastes, I love Vi and Riven how they are, they are alot more anime inspired and that is awesome I also love Ilaoi, she has a very unique silhouete and is likable in her own brutish way Just appreciate the variety
: > [{quoted}](name=Sharjo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=vjrjXK8h,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-10T19:59:46.169+0000) > > How can I not be excited?! LOOK AT HER!!! I'm so hyped right now! Haha, glad to hear it! Reception to her character was great during Shadow & Fortune, so we're all excited to finally get to show her off. I'd rate our internal hype at a 10/10(tacle).
> [{quoted}](name=Riot ShadowStorm,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=vjrjXK8h,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-10T20:10:16.836+0000) > > Haha, glad to hear it! Reception to her character was great during Shadow & Fortune, so we're all excited to finally get to show her off. I'd rate our internal hype at a 10/10(tacle). does she have ANY animation related to eating a mango?
: I don't think you of all people should be telling anybody to "think" after this absurd and completely extremist out-of-point message you posted.
> [{quoted}](name=Fenrir Epsylon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UqLcAv3E,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2015-11-09T19:13:46.920+0000) > > I don't think you of all people should be telling anybody to "think" after this absurd and completely extremist out-of-point message you posted. I'm sorry but I don't get your point... What I said are facts Permanently banning someone from an activity is Black listing: A blacklist (or black list) is a list or register of entities or people, for one reason or another, are being denied a particular privilege, service, mobility, access or recognition. As a verb, to blacklist can mean to deny someone work in a particular field, or to ostracize a person from a certain social circle. What you are asking is for Riot to BlackList people How is that "absurd and completely extremist out-of-point" ?
: Smurfs-Main tracking for permabannable offences.
I get being mad because someone is an ass, I really do but... What you are asking for is incredibly unfair even to the biggest of a-holes You want to ban a PERSON for trash talking You know what that's called in other places? It's called "Black listing" This is a practice done only in the worst of the worst of cases Like when said person has murdered someone else in the context of the thing they have been Banned Let's say a football player punching another player to death in the field during a game Are you really saying someone who typed some mean spirited stuff on a computer should be treated the same way as someone who does physical and maybe permanent harm to another human being? Trust me I know where you're coming from but you are being incredibly more detrimental to the community then said "Toxic player" You are asking for someone to never again be able to participate in that activity simply because he said some mean things that don't even go further then the particular game he was present in Please try to think before you go into such extreme ideologies
: Need 1 RP, Riot. I hope this pleases you.
{{sticker:zombie-nunu-tears}} so close
: I never said I like playing alone and I play with one or two friends all the time. However, If someone wants to play alone, they shouldn't be threatened by getting stuck as the 5th wheel in a premade four. If you report all of them and they all report you, guess who is going to get flagged more? You. If a premade four reports you, you better believe that your chances of a ban are going to be higher, especially if Riot isn't personally reviewing all the cases. Here is how you can get locked out of something. Picture this in your head (because it happens). -Group enters lobby and you are second pick -You say that you prefer certain positions, let's say mid/jg -First player picks mid and you decide to play jungle -Rest of the premade starts trolling and begins to pressure you into a different role -Now you have a choice, either you pick a different role and not perform as well or you lock jg and they troll you/harass you for any bad plays you may make.
> [{quoted}](name=mikemcparty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhj76t4N,comment-id=0016000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-04T21:31:36.225+0000) > > I never said I like playing alone and I play with one or two friends all the time. However, If someone wants to play alone, they shouldn't be threatened by getting stuck as the 5th wheel in a premade four. > > If you report all of them and they all report you, guess who is going to get flagged more? You. If a premade four reports you, you better believe that your chances of a ban are going to be higher, especially if Riot isn't personally reviewing all the cases. > > Here is how you can get locked out of something. Picture this in your head (because it happens). > -Group enters lobby and you are second pick > -You say that you prefer certain positions, let's say mid/jg > -First player picks mid and you decide to play jungle > -Rest of the premade starts trolling and begins to pressure you into a different role > -Now you have a choice, either you pick a different role and not perform as well or you lock jg and they troll you/harass you for any bad plays you may make. Ok first this is rank we are talking about, people in rank dont care about you, they want to win just like you, you are not that important for 4 people to waste their time and lp trolling Second this update is coming with the ne champion select, which locks you with 1 of 2 rolls YOU pick, so no one is going to force you into a third role and third I'll just leave this here Question:Not against Dynamic Queue, but I do hope you reconsider the way you treat those of us who do enjoy the game solo. I read in one of your posts that Riot believes playing with friends is the correct way to enjoy the game - it does hurt that you discredit how much we too have enjoyed and love the game. Answer: We knew Dynamic Queue was going to be a controversial topic. If you check my accounts over the seasons, I've played over 5000 Ranked Solo/Duo Queue games, and about 4800 of those are pure solo. Other team members like RiotSocrates, RiotChomey, ryedan, and RiotTantram... we're all Platinum, Diamond or higher and pure soloists. Because we *are* the advocates for solo players, this is also why we're the best team to build the new Champ Select and Dynamic Queues. When we first started building the new Champ Select, we knew this would be a big debate. In every research survey, the majority of players wanted to try Ranked, but also wanted to play with friends and did not have enough friends always online to play Ranked Teams. In every analytics report, the more friends you play with on average, the better your experiences and the less toxicity there is. We looked to other popular games and it was very hit-or-miss. Non-MOBAs have historically rewarded group play with more opportunities and better rewards (such as WoW, where the entire end-game is based on group play and you are forced to group up to get the best loot). Competitive PvP games, however, were split. HOTS and LoL were most recently Solo/Duo Queue, but CS:GO has Dynamic Queue, and DOTA2 has a hybrid Dynamic Queue. When we looked into this, the *reason* every game chose their approach was for different reasons. For some, it was size of their playerbase, some were forced to because of how their matchmakers were designed. For Riot, League is a competitive team sport. Playing with friends allows you to try more strategies, and the more organized play there is, the more competitive the entire ecosystem becomes. By playing with friends, it becomes much easier to organize a rotation strategy, a knock-up comp, or double jungler invade strategy. So, we had to make a super risky, super difficult choice. We--a team with a bunch of solo purists--had to try to make Dynamic Queue a great experience. We started by adding a bunch of features: 1) We upgraded the matchmaking system to pair similar group comps together. It is possible that it might be *harder* to rank up in a premade group than as a solo because you'll be consistently exposed to crazier, and more competitive strategies. 2) We changed the Ban System to something we call "Distributed Bans." By giving Players 3, 4, and 5 one ban each, and giving Players 1 and 2 first and second pick, we've given every player a meaningful choice in Champ Select and this "leverage" reduces a lot of toxicity in our research labs. Basically, the premade of 4 doesn't want to lose LP either, and in every game, the random solo has a lot of power in Champ Select. 3) We've upgraded the Report System to completely wipe out the power of Premade 4 reports ganging up on a player, and given the solo player "equal power" reports in this scenario. We're going to try everything we can to make Dynamic Queue a great experience. Please give it a chance.
: Because it sucks when you have a premade of four join the lobby and lock you out of whatever role you want to play. They are more likely to gang up and rage at you, knowing that you can't report them, but they can all report you. There are PLENTY of reasons why this is a terrible idea. Edit: This happens in normals all the time, why would we want the same thing in ranked.
> [{quoted}](name=mikemcparty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dhj76t4N,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2015-11-04T20:41:42.585+0000) > > Because it sucks when you have a premade of four join the lobby and lock you out of whatever role you want to play. They are more likely to gang up and rage at you, knowing that you can't report them, but they can all report you. There are PLENTY of reasons why this is a terrible idea. > > Edit: This happens in normals all the time, why would we want the same thing in ranked. you do know your reports are just as valid as anyone elses right? With the new champion select system how can they lock you out of anything? people in voice chat usually rage openly IN VOICE CHAT, leaving the solo complete free of any rage or toxic talk, cuz the group talks on skype or something Just because you like playing aone doesnt mean everyone else has to be forced into it either
Osbeorn (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Noctius28,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4jKU71cH,comment-id=003f,timestamp=2015-11-04T11:48:44.941+0000) > > soooo screw those who actually want to play with friends but don't have 4 available at the same time right? > > Seriously you are all being so selfish? > > The only thing this does is give friends the chance to play together, regardless of the number of friends available > > It inherently hurts no one > > Do you really believe that everyone is out to get you and ruin your game? > > When I play premades with friends we normally try to help the dude/dudet we are with > > We don't rage him/her since any frustration will just be said out loud without bothering the solo guy/girl > > This has nothing but benefits and truly promotes teamwork and group play > > You just sound like a bunch of bitter people who are alone and get angry at anyone who is not alone This seems to be the normal response from anyone who likes this new dynamic group queue, but it's not a good response simply because you have every other queue where you can group up with your friends. There's no need for solo queue to also be a similar type of queue. Having one solo queue for ranked is not too much to ask for.
> [{quoted}](name=Osbeorn,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4jKU71cH,comment-id=003f0001,timestamp=2015-11-04T15:42:27.716+0000) > > This seems to be the normal response from anyone who likes this new dynamic group queue, but it's not a good response simply because you have every other queue where you can group up with your friends. There's no need for solo queue to also be a similar type of queue. Having one solo queue for ranked is not too much to ask for. but you still have solo, you can go solo like before and that hasn't changed That is what I don't understand on those that are against You can still do what you did before without any change Everyone however can, if they want, gather any number of friends from 1 to 4 now It's MORE choice, not replacement of choice No one is forcing any of you to form a party I like this because most times I have 2 friends online at any time, meaning there are 3 of us, and twisted treeline is not the same, we want to play on summoners rift, but we cant do rank because that choice is not available, now it is and it benefits us without hurting anyone else
: > [{quoted}](name=Noctius28,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4jKU71cH,comment-id=003f0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-04T14:28:42.160+0000) > > I'm sorry what is your definition of boosting? > Because obviously it's not the same as Riots > > They already stated that it's totally fine to be carried by your team mates as long as you are the one using your account > > Boosting is when someone else is playing ranked on your account, nothing else > > That is why I didn't comment on that, because it's not even an argument, it's misinformation on your side > > And no one is stopping you from going solo, you however are trying to stop people from going premade, you are the one ruining other peoples experience, not them > Your personal experience won't change in anyway > Your teammates however may work alot better now > > And what makes your individual mechanical skill more important then the other persons teamwork capabilities? > > If he got to your rank by being a team player, even if he himself wasn't that great mechanically, then you should congratulate him, not prohibit him from playing just because he has friends who know how to be a team On boosting groups, I actually meant dudes that boost and sell accounts, how can that be a different opinion than riots ? Because realistically when someone asks you which division are you, they 99% of the time think about solo q. Nobody thinks about 5v5 or 3v3 when you're playing with friends. Now, there's no more solo q, I feel like you lose the meaning of playing ranked to improve on your own skill because it will be influenced a lot by premades. Team game is completely different from solo q and I actually like that. It was very simple, you want a team game --> 5v5s, you want to test your skill and climb based on that ---> solo q. Now, the dynamic q fucks all that up, but, that's just my opinion..
> [{quoted}](name=slimshady92,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4jKU71cH,comment-id=003f00000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-04T15:18:34.826+0000) > > On boosting groups, I actually meant dudes that boost and sell accounts, how can that be a different opinion than riots ? > > Because realistically when someone asks you which division are you, they 99% of the time think about solo q. Nobody thinks about 5v5 or 3v3 when you're playing with friends. Now, there's no more solo q, I feel like you lose the meaning of playing ranked to improve on your own skill because it will be influenced a lot by premades. > Team game is completely different from solo q and I actually like that. It was very simple, you want a team game --> 5v5s, you want to test your skill and climb based on that ---> solo q. Now, the dynamic q fucks all that up, but, that's just my opinion.. That is not what it sounded like, you sounded like boosting is when you get carried by your teammates, which is totally fine Well if then the question will change and think of the jokes! How tough are you? I am diamond in LoL So? I did it in solo Q! Solo Q still exists, and it is fully available to you just like before The only thing that's changed is everyone can now choose to play with friends instead of alone You can still improve your skill alone, no one is taking this away from you, I don't know how I can make it clearer Do you not improve when you have people who play well on your team? Then why would your improvement stop when your team plays well from being in a group? The only thing you as solo Q only player will notice is that your teammates and enemies might work more as team and less like individual players At most this will force solo players to be even better because the rest of the players are so hive minded as a team So the challenge you speak of is still there, probably even better Just have a little hope Most people who like this, like it because they can play with friends Not because they can screw your game Not because they think it'll be easier to climb because the enemy also has that advantage JUST BECAUSE they want to play with their friends And most times, you don't have 4 friends at the same time totally available to play ranked games This is nothing more then a friendly option for people who are not solo Q climbers
: > [{quoted}](name=Noctius28,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4jKU71cH,comment-id=003f00000000,timestamp=2015-11-04T12:38:44.375+0000) > > How does what other people do change how good you are at the game? > Does it hurt YOU that someone else reached diamond using teamwork instead of mechanical skill? > Seriously how is that anything but irrelevant for you? > Ranked will keep it's meaning, your bragging right are safe, you'll still be able to show off your banner, you'll still get your free rewards, what other people do to get the same is of no concern to your personal talent as a player or to your personal rewards for reaching that rank your way > > I have normals to play with friends true, but why don't people get the chance to both play ranked AND play with friends?! > > Does everyone have to play your way? > Are you so self centered you think your way is the only way to play the game? > > OPTIONS > That is what they are giving us, they are not taking anything away, they are simply giving players more ways to play It does matter because if the dude that got diamond by 5 man q, will sometimes go solo q and get destroyed in lane because he doesn't have the skill you would normally have to get to diamond or wherever, thus destroying games like he was boosted. I can say that about you also, why would I wanna play the game your way in a queue where I can q up SOLO to be able to play vs. 4 man premades ? I don't see how is that fair, yea you will have 4 premade on your team also, but it will feel like it's a 4v4 because better communication will win and you won't have it so it depends purely on the 4 premade guys. That's just one example. It just gives so much problems and it only gives 1 good thing. And no answer on the boosting groups, huh ? because they will have it so easy now, 5 accounts boosted with 1 game, ROFL.
> [{quoted}](name=slimshady92,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4jKU71cH,comment-id=003f000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-04T13:17:48.690+0000) > > It does matter because if the dude that got diamond by 5 man q, will sometimes go solo q and get destroyed in lane because he doesn't have the skill you would normally have to get to diamond or wherever, thus destroying games like he was boosted. > I can say that about you also, why would I wanna play the game your way in a queue where I can q up SOLO to be able to play vs. 4 man premades ? I don't see how is that fair, yea you will have 4 premade on your team also, but it will feel like it's a 4v4 because better communication will win and you won't have it so it depends purely on the 4 premade guys. That's just one example. It just gives so much problems and it only gives 1 good thing. And no answer on the boosting groups, huh ? because they will have it so easy now, 5 accounts boosted with 1 game, ROFL. I'm sorry what is your definition of boosting? Because obviously it's not the same as Riots They already stated that it's totally fine to be carried by your team mates as long as you are the one using your account Boosting is when someone else is playing ranked on your account, nothing else That is why I didn't comment on that, because it's not even an argument, it's misinformation on your side And no one is stopping you from going solo, you however are trying to stop people from going premade, you are the one ruining other peoples experience, not them Your personal experience won't change in anyway Your teammates however may work alot better now And what makes your individual mechanical skill more important then the other persons teamwork capabilities? If he got to your rank by being a team player, even if he himself wasn't that great mechanically, then you should congratulate him, not prohibit him from playing just because he has friends who know how to be a team
: > [{quoted}](name=Noctius28,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4jKU71cH,comment-id=003f,timestamp=2015-11-04T11:48:44.941+0000) > > soooo screw those who actually want to play with friends but don't have 4 available at the same time right? > > You just sound like a bunch of bitter people who are alone and get angry at anyone who is not alone So, if I only play solo q and reach diamond, that's the same skill level as the dude that only 5 man q'ed up and got carried to diamond ? yea, it hurts noone, only the players that play SOLO. Not to mention the 5 man boosting groups, yea that will be fun to play against, get real dude. Ranked will completely lose the meaning of divisions. And you have normals for playing with friends.
> [{quoted}](name=slimshady92,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4jKU71cH,comment-id=003f0000,timestamp=2015-11-04T12:03:58.212+0000) > > So, if I only play solo q and reach diamond, that's the same skill level as the dude that only 5 man q'ed up and got carried to diamond ? yea, it hurts noone, only the players that play SOLO. Not to mention the 5 man boosting groups, yea that will be fun to play against, get real dude. Ranked will completely lose the meaning of divisions. And you have normals for playing with friends. How does what other people do change how good you are at the game? Does it hurt YOU that someone else reached diamond using teamwork instead of mechanical skill? Seriously how is that anything but irrelevant for you? Ranked will keep it's meaning, your bragging right are safe, you'll still be able to show off your banner, you'll still get your free rewards, what other people do to get the same is of no concern to your personal talent as a player or to your personal rewards for reaching that rank your way I have normals to play with friends true, but why don't people get the chance to both play ranked AND play with friends?! Does everyone have to play your way? Are you so self centered you think your way is the only way to play the game? OPTIONS That is what they are giving us, they are not taking anything away, they are simply giving players more ways to play
: but that takes away his passives real use, collecting souls gives him bonus armor, taking that away takes away a large part of thresh's kit
> [{quoted}](name=deez what,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dPhE5qNE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-11-03T14:48:15.686+0000) > > but that takes away his passives real use, collecting souls gives him bonus armor, taking that away takes away a large part of thresh's kit don't worry he still has trice the kit any other champion has, so taking that away just leaves him slightly less broken, so he'll still be LCS viable
Niaphim (EUW)
: So, in season 6 ranked queue solo players will be matched with&against 2-5-man premades
soooo screw those who actually want to play with friends but don't have 4 available at the same time right? Seriously you are all being so selfish? The only thing this does is give friends the chance to play together, regardless of the number of friends available It inherently hurts no one Do you really believe that everyone is out to get you and ruin your game? When I play premades with friends we normally try to help the dude/dudet we are with We don't rage him/her since any frustration will just be said out loud without bothering the solo guy/girl This has nothing but benefits and truly promotes teamwork and group play You just sound like a bunch of bitter people who are alone and get angry at anyone who is not alone
: Upset about ranked solo/duo removed
I for one welcome our actual teamwork overlords Seriously what is your problem with this? Are you seriously so miserable in your loneliness you can't let anyone else have fun? I avoid ranked exactly because I don't want to go alone against 5 enemies plus 4 selfish ragers And I can't go with a friend because then I have 2 more friends I can't play with for that time This is already promoting play and teamwork, since now I can actually play with my 2/3 friends at once who are available for play at the same time as me This is doing nothing but giving more options for people, it isn't taking anything away Why oh why are you all so pissed about this? seriously why?
: Thresh is perfectly balanced. I don't know what people are whining about.
you forgot to mention that slightly weak unlimited scalling he gets from just being there
: Things people say though the match.
{{champion:86}} DEMACIA!! {{champion:48}} U mad? {{champion:18}} Boom baby! {{champion:29}} Surprise! {{champion:254}} NOPE!
NightEfx (NA)
: If you look at a lot of the people that respond to the posts saying they've been accepted. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but most are bronze..and I don't see that they play more than others or less but I don't understand it regardless. They say it's based off what they need testing on...but what exactly are they looking at...
> [{quoted}](name=NightEfx,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=r1h0LJPv,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-11-02T21:19:35.991+0000) > > If you look at a lot of the people that respond to the posts saying they've been accepted. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but most are bronze..and I don't see that they play more than others or less but I don't understand it regardless. They say it's based off what they need testing on...but what exactly are they looking at... at this time they appear to want normal people, meaning rank is irrelevant, the only thing they seem to take into account is if you have ever been reported, maybe that's why you didn't get an account They also seem to favor people who try out alot of stuff, meaning if you have a 3 year old account with like 5 champs and 75% of your games are on Lee Sin then you're probably not gonna get in, since they want people that try new stuff So basically, be nice and don't main, then maybe you'll get in
: Did Riot really just...???
well... this whole thing sucks... Let's see how they handle or avoid this
: why does everyone say her ult is useless. it's basically half a homeguard whenever you need it after a 2 second channel. does anyone have ANY idea how powerful that is?
> [{quoted}](name=Unlucky Number7,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l3b5Rdon,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-10-29T16:24:58.838+0000) > > why does everyone say her ult is useless. it's basically half a homeguard whenever you need it after a 2 second channel. does anyone have ANY idea how powerful that is? what's the point of being anywhere if you're just gonna die and feed when you get there? Plus even minions can interrupt both the channel and the effect with a single attack as far as I understood
: > [{quoted}](name=Noctius28,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=YWrw3QYL,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-10-29T13:08:32.349+0000) > > fair enough XD > but doesn't his girlfriend get one? > (Illaoi) Hold up now. She ain't his girlfriend. She's a concubine. GP don't love nobody but his oranges.
> [{quoted}](name=Valaran Nara,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=YWrw3QYL,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-10-29T14:10:34.401+0000) > > Hold up now. She ain't his girlfriend. She's a concubine. GP don't love nobody but his oranges. How dare theee implieth such She is a priestess! A servant of might Nagasomethingsomething! Showeth respect!
Show more

Noctius28

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion